• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,745 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,745

Ninth Period

“Sunset,” Principal Celestia said welcomingly. “Come, sit with us.”

Despite Principal Celestia’s tone, Sunset couldn’t help but still feel nervous as she sat down.

“We understand you’ve been having a rough day today,” Vice-Principal Luna said softly.

Sunset scoffed as she rolled her eyes. “You wouldn’t be the first people to make that understatement.”

“We’re just being sympathetic, Sunset.”

Sunset sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. “I know. I just can’t help being frustrated about all this shit that’s been piling up on me the last couple of days.”

Principal Celestia nodded in acknowledgement. “That brings me to why we both want to talk to you.”

“Oh?”

“We want to know why you came here today.” Vice-Prinicipal Luna said. “After ‘all the shit that’s been piling up’ on you, we thought you’d prefer to stay at home and recover from your trauma.”

“I came here because I was sick and tired of my demonic self’s voice taunting me, and I thought coming here would shut it up!” Sunset frowned. “Obviously, I was wrong and it’s only been making today harder for me.” She paused, then reflected on her day.

It was true that her Demonself had been endlessly harassing herself lately, but it had also been true that everyone had been doing their best to cheer her up.

“Then again,” Sunset said as she perked up a little. “I guess today hasn’t been completely terrible… just very, very rocky.”

“I… see,” Principal Celestia said.

“Do you regret coming here,” Vice-Principal Luna asked.

“That’s actually a tough call,” Sunset said as she ran a hand through her hair. “I mean, I haven’t done my mental health any favors today, that’s for sure… but everyone here’s been so nice and supportive.”

“As they should be. After all, we’re all Canterlot Wondercolts. Unity within the student body is important, as I’m sure you’ve witnessed time and again.”

Upon Vice-Principal Luna’s words, Sunset found herself looking back.

She looked back to the time the girls rallied for Twilight to become Princess of the Fall Formal. She had seen everyone in there singing, dancing and adorning themselves with pony ears and tails. Even then, when she was still in her darkest days, some small part of herself wanted to join in.

Sunset looked back to the Musical Showcase, when the magic had accepted her. Finally, she had been a part of something greater! She was at long last in a better place! Overflowing with joy, she and her friends defeated the sirens.

Sunset would never forget the tears of joy she shed after all was said and done that evening, or the warmth and love she felt from a group hug. That night, she had experienced true unity.

That night, she swore to never again be a loner.

Sunset laughed softly. “Yeah. I have.”

“There’s one other reason we brought you here,” Principal Celestia said. “On behalf of Canterlot High, Vice-Principal Luna and I apologize to you.”

Sunset blinked. “Apologize? To me?”

Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna nodded.

“What for?”

“To put it bluntly,” Vice-Principal Luna said with a remorseful expression. “We feel like we’ve failed you.”

“Failed… me? How?”

“With all of the fighting throughout the school, our staff was stretched thin. We had no way of knowing who Anon-A-Miss was, and we couldn’t help you when you needed it the most.”

“Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, I honestly don’t think there was that much you could have done.”

“That’s beside the point, Sunset,” Principal Celestia said tersely. Her eyes widened momentarily, then she sighed heavily as she put her head in her hands.

Sunset was surprised at Principal Celestia’s response. She had always seen her with a cool head!

“I’m sorry about that,” Principal Celestia said as she raised her head. “We, too, have been frustrated about all the shit that’s been piling up… and not just over the last couple of days.”

“So much has happened over the past few months,” Vice-Principal Luna said as she put a supportive hand on her sister’s shoulder. “With all the magical incidents, we’ve never felt so powerless, being unable to do anything but sit back and hope for the best.”

Sunset’s jaw nearly dropped. She never even imagined seeing Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna open up to her like this!

“And that’s not even taking into account the mental health of our students!”

“But magic had nothing to do with what happened yesterday,” Sunset said.

“We know,” Principal Celestia said softly. “That only makes it harder on us.”

“I… I had no idea. Is there anything I can do for you?”

Principal Celestia smiled. “You already have.” She put her hand atop Sunset’s. “Thank you for saving us.”

Sunset returned the smile. “You’re welcome… But you don’t have to feel guilty or powerless.”

“Neither do you,” Vice-Principal Luna said with a smile of her own.

Before Sunset could respond, Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna got off their chairs, then walked over to her.

Sensing what was about to happen, Sunset eagerly got out of her chair. Instantly, she found herself between the sisters, basking in their hug. She let out a long, blissful sigh.

Her reverie was short-lived, however, with a knock on the door. The hug was broken, but not before Sunset said “Thank you both.”

“Come in,” Principal Celestia said.

The door opened, and in walked Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie, who entered from the ceiling.

"Howdy there," Applejack chirped. "Y'all ready to go?"

Sunset blinked. "Go? Go where?"

"Back to your place, silly," Pinkie said.

Sunset turned to Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna.

"You're more than welcome to stay," Vice-Principal Luna said with a knowing smile as she folded her arms. "But we'd understand if you'd want to leave early... maybe even take the rest of the week off." She winked.

"Or even as long you need to," Principal Celestia added.

Sunset grinned, then gave Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna another big hug. "Thanks again. Really."

"Of course."

Sunset broke the hug, then walked out of the office with her friends.

By the time the final bell of the school day rang, the girls were already long gone.