• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

For Science! - treco89090



What happens when your friend creates a portal? You test it, for science

  • ...
5
 23
 1,140

Chapter 4: Flying Bathtubs?

Chapter 4: Flying Bathtubs??

After the meeting with Dash in downtown Canterlot I went back to the palace and decided to tuck in early, then I remembered “Oh yeah, I have tides to change.”

After changing the tides I decided I didn’t want to go to bed so I decided to try out my wings. It didn’t end well. I figured I could learn to fly (insert Foo Fighters joke here) OR I could talk to the trusty palace scientist for help. I choose the latter.

“Hey, Opp! How’s it going?” I ask, seeing the scientist, Oppenheim, inside his lab.

“Ah Prince Alex, how are you today?” He asked taking his eyes off of his lab table to look at me.

I might not have been here for very long, but Celestia said I spent a lot of time in the labs as a kid, of course Oppenheim wasn’t around then, but he had heard of me and we became friends after I walked into lab for the first time.

“I’m pretty good. Listen, I don’t want to learn how to fly right now, but I still want to fly, can you make me something to do that?” I asked him.

“Hmmm, well what’s wrong with the carriage?” He asked.

“Eh, to official.” I reply “I need something that won’t make me look like an official prick, but is still portable”

“I got it!” He exclaimed after I finished, and he looked around his desk. “Now I have a reason to build this!” He said pulling out some blueprints.

“Um, what is that?” I asked, looking over his shoulders.

“It’s the Flying Bathtub T-7!” He exclaimed moving out of the way so I could see it.

“What the heck?” I asked starting to laugh. “That would be perfect”

“You think so?” He asked a little skeptical

“I know so” I replied “I want it”

“I will begin construction immediately, now you go to bed, it’s late” He said, his face glowing.

I looked outside and realized he was right. “Whoa, thanks for the heads up, night Opp” I said before leaving.

I was called down to Opp’s lab about a week after I sent my request to him, and he said it was finally done. However when I got down there, it wasn’t there.

“Um, Opp, where is it?” I asked looking around as I walked in.

“Why here.” He said pressing a button, then the T-7 unfolded into it’s full shape.

“Hot damn, that’s awesome! How’d you do that?” I asked, beaming.

“Science!” He exclaimed, pressing the button, making it fold in again. “Come, let’s test it. To the courtyard!”

We then proceeded to run to the courtyard. When we got there he explained the science behind it and he told me that it would automatically fly to me if I pressed the button while folded.

“Now lets test it!” He said jumping in. “For science!!” He exclaimed as I got in, taking the controls.

I started the engine and the T-7 roared to life, and we took off with a roar and began flying over Canterlot.

We then decided to fly to Ponyville where my friends had retreated back to because of there duties. Lets just say they heard us coming.

“THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!” I exclaimed getting out in the town square with Oppenheim.

“Success!” He shouted. We then looked around to see a bunch of ponies staining there, confused.

“Well, this is awkward. Back into the tub!” I said as Opp and I jumped back in and started the engine.

As we were flying back at a leisurely pace I saw Cloudsdale floating so I decided to fly over.

“Where are we going?” Opp asked, looking at me.

“Cloudsdale” I replied

“Watch out, the T-7 might destroy some of the clouds, set it to hover as we get close” He said.

“You got it” I replied, and I pressed a button to turn off the engine and turn on the hover system under the tub.

We landed outside Rainbow Dash’s house because I knew she would be there. I knocked on the door and she opened it, looked over my shoulder and started to laugh.

“What is that?” She asked in a fit of laughter.

“That, my dear friend, is the T-7 Flying Bathtub, or as I call it, the best thing ever” I replied smiling. “Want to go for a ride?”

“Who is that in it with you?” She asked, pointing at Oppenheim.

“That is Mr. Oppenheim, he is the scientist behind this thing” I say looking at him and waving him over.

“What is it Alex?” He Alex, walking over and folding the bathtub up.

“Opp, this is friend Rainbow Dash” I told him after he walked over.

“Yep, that’s me, the fastest flyer in Equestria” she proclaimed.
“She has a bit of an ego” I whispered in Oppenheim’s ear before asking him for the tub back.

“Oh right, here” he said taking it out of his pocket and handing it to me.

I thanked him and pressed the button so it unfolded. After that I got we got in and bid farewell to Rainbow.

“Hey, I want to come with you” she said not moving.

“Well then get in! Come on” I said as she jumped in the middle between Opp and I and I started the hover engine.

After a nice long flight we returned to the castle because we were hungry, and believe me, the look on the Princess’s faces when we flew in was priceless. Granted we were all asked to go to the main hall for a meeting but I digress.

“Did you see the look on their faces” asked Opp quietly as we walked down the hall, ready for some explaining.

“Yeah, those were freaking hilarious” I replied quietly.

When we got to the hall Celestia soon followed and asked the doors be shut behind her.

“What the hell was that?” She asked angry and dumbfounded.

“That is my latest invention, the Flying Bathtub T-7” Oppenheim replied, proudly.

“Why the buck would you make that???” She almost shouted.

“Mom, it’s cool, I wanted him to build it” I said before Opp could answer.

“Why would you want that?!” She asked actually shouting this time.

“Well, I can’t fly very good, and until I get better at it, I needed something to fly around in” I replied slightly scared at her yelling.

“Why now use a carriage?” She asked slightly calmer.

“Eh, too official.” I said.

She just sighed and said “Very well, you to go back to rooms, no more shenanigans today” Pointing at Oppenheim and I “Dashie, you go home”

“Okay Princess, bye guys” she said before walking out the main door. Opp and I just walked back to our rooms trying as hard as we could not to laugh at our awesome day.

Author's Note:

This was kind of the mess around "lets-do-something-awesome-chapter" So if you enjoyed, like and favorite and tell me what you think.