• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

For Science! - treco89090



What happens when your friend creates a portal? You test it, for science

  • ...
5
 23
 1,140

Chapter 9: If Today Was Your Last Day

Chapter 9: If Today Was Your Last Day

It’s been about half an hour since I took those first ten Oreos, but it has been hell ever since.

I was lying there, groaning because I ate at least 50 Oreos, with Juliet beside me, looking just as green, just after only like 8 Oreos.

Just then a portal opened and Rick and Twilight walked into reality.

“What the fuck were you doing?” Rick asked, slightly angry.

“Eating Oreos. Best. Day. EVER!! Oh god I’m about to throw up.” I replied, looking at them. Despite my position I was rather happy.

“Well, come on, we have to plan our strategy. Hey Juliet” He said, not very enthusiastic.

“Hi Rick” She replied. Just then I got a call from the library.

“I’d love to, but I have to get a book from the library.” I said getting in very, very, slowly.

“YOU HAVE LIBRARIES HERE?!?!” asked a rather excited and formerly purple unicorn\human.

“yeah, I love libraries” I said “Why else do you think I’m so smart, not the “history” channel”

“Well, let’s go!” She said grabbing me by the hand and dragging me out the door. For an egghead, she was damn strong.

Rick was just standing there. “Well, that’s just fricking great” he said, that’s when he saw Juliet lying there, so he helped her up.

I finally recovered enough to walk under my own power once we got to the library and the minor carnage from the small attack was still apparent.

We walked into Alice and Jack Public library and I went to the front desk to get my book, but by then Twilight was gone.

I turned and couldn’t find her. I sighed and headed off to the interior of the library, my favorite place in the city.

After about ten minutes I decided to stop dicking around and actually find her. I knew right where to look.

She was sitting in the reading area with a stack of ten or so novels next to her and I walked in and found her engrossed between the covers of Catcher in the Rye, one of my favorite books.

“Look cowgirl, I’m glad you like it here but we have to be getting back to Equestria” I said pulling the book down a little.

“Just five more minutes, please?” She begged with a pleading look in her eye.

I sighed. I couldn’t resist a smart, cute, girl like her, especially with that puppy dog look she has now.

“Fine, five minutes, but still you should get a library card first, it would help” I said, giving her two dollars to buy one. “And if they ask say 1815 Third Street.”

“Yay!” She exclaimed before jumping up and kissing me on the cheek and running off.

I decided now would be a good time to call Rick and tell him what was going on.

“Hey, sorry about this, I kind of got a little sidetracked, I’ll be there in like five minutes.” I said after he picked up.

“Why five minutes?” He asked.

“Twilight” Was my reply.

“Ah, she has the hots for ya you know” Rick said.

“I figured, anyway here she comes I’ll see you soon” I said before hanging up.

She walked up and grabbed her books, well some, I volunteered to grab the others, and motioned for me to follow her.

We checked her books out and portaled back to Rick.

“I guess five minutes was stretching it” I said after putting my portal gun down.

“Crap Twi, what’s with all the books?” Rick asked, his jaw dropping. “Speaking of which, what book did you get Alex?” He asked, regaining his composure.

“Looking for Alaska by John Green” I told him. “Come on Twi, let’s get back to Equestria.”

“Do I have to? I like it here!” She exclaimed, disappointed.

I sighed “Rick, think you can hold down the fort, I get the feeling I’m not going back anytime soon” I said looking at him.

He seemed to pick up what I was saying “Yeah, sure, as long as you come back whenever you’re needed and check in.” He said

“Of course” Was my reply and then he said farewell to Juliet and ushered us out the door so we could go back to his house.

“As long as you’re here, and I’m not, this house is yours” He said, handing me a key “Until then, I’m off” and he made a portal and went back to Equestria.

“Well, it’s just you and me now” I said, then I went and unlocked the door, letting her in first.

(Quick in chapter note all triple dots are no POV switches from Alex to Rick)

Back in Equestria, I met the others and explained everything.

“Why did they stay?” Rarity asked after hearing Rick say we didn’t come back.

“Books I guess, but I think there’s something more” He said, getting a sly smile.

Well as you can imagine, that didn’t make Rainbow too happy, and sure enough she flew off to the clouds and didn’t come back down.

That’s when the gunfire started up again. We all dove for cover, except Rainbow.

“Rainbow you’ve got to get down from there!” I shouted, getting out my gun and firing.

“NO!” Was the response I got “If they want to shoot me, they can be my guests”

“Shit” I mumbled under my breath “Alex I could use your help!” He shouted over the comm.

I got Rick’s message and quickly grabbed my combat gear. Twilight was upstairs while I was in the downstairs kitchen So I left a note and grabbed my portal gun.

I teleported into the heat of a war zone, almost getting shot through the portal. Quickly I jumped through and crawled next to Rick.

“You know, I like Earth better” I say to Rick “Where’s Rainbow?” I ask.

“She won’t come down from the cloud, I don’t know why” Rick replied.

God Dammit, she’ll get shot for sure “Dashie get down here NOW!” I said over comm seeing as she couldn’t hear me without it.

“NO!! If you want to run off with some tramp, be my guest” She replied, rather furious.

“What the fuck happened to element of loyalty?” I asked, shouting through the comm as an RPG exploded against the wall.

“Fuck that shit!”

“What did I do?” I asked Rick.

“you left” he replied.

Then I jumped up to fire when a bullet went straight through my shoulder.

I saw my best friend get shot. Then I watched him fall to the ground. I don’t remember what happened after that, or why I’m in the hospital, or what hospital it is for that matter.

All I remember is my best friend getting shot.