• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

For Science! - treco89090



What happens when your friend creates a portal? You test it, for science

  • ...
5
 23
 1,140

Chapter 6: Nutella!

Chapter 6: Nutella!

As we emerged from the portal I looked to make sure she got through okay, and there she was. Now I’m not sure if it was because we were humans now or what but Dash looked ten times more beautiful now than in Equestria.

She was roughly my height, she was the same age too, which I didn’t expect but still, what can you do. Anyway she wore a blue zip-up sweatshirt, with her cutie mark as the zipper and blue jeans, oh and the rainbow hair.

“Won’t people look at me weird because of my hair?” she asked when I told her. “Go to my high school, you’ll fit right in” was my reply.

“Now, we have no time to waste, it’s been about half a day since we got here so we have to be fast.” I said before telling the portal gun to set a portal for my room and firing it.

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused. “Time is a lot slower here, one minute is an Equestrian day, so lets not dilly dally” I said before going through the portal, grabbing something and coming back through.

“What’s that?” She asked “Nutella!” I replied, showing her the container.

“What’s Nutella?” She asked again “deliciousness” I replied before setting coordinates to Ponyville. “Now come on” I said and we walked through to outside Twilight’s library.

I picked up some dropped saddlebags and put the stuff in it, and by stuff I mean portal gun and Nutella, not crack cocaine, because this is a T-rated story, not M.

I walked up to door and looked inside. It was dark and the door was locked, seeing as I jiggled the handle as I looked in. I decided that getting in was more important than public safety, so I magically picked out my portal gun and shot some portals to get us in.

We walked through the wall of the library, only to see sandbags piled up by the stairs.

“Well, this isn’t good” I mumbled to myself. “Twilight you here?” I called into the silence.

I heard movement upstairs and soon the familiar purple unicorn walked down the stairs, illuminating the room with her horn. When she saw us, she smiled quickly before ushering us over and upstairs.

“Da hell’s going on here?” I asked when we got upstairs, seeing the room being practically transformed to a small command center before our eyes.

“Well, ever since the princess was kidnapped, ruling out any civil resistance from the army, I turned this into a guerilla headquarters.” she said walking over to her desk where a shaded in map lie open.

“What’s the map?” I asked walking over. “A map of rebel occupation.” she said, the only part West of Manehattan not shaded was Ponyville.

“So I take it the mass of shaded area’s isn’t a good thing?” I said, figuring the answer. “It’s a very, very, bad thing” she replied, taking out a book. “This is a history book, I found it in the bowels of Princess Celestia’s personal library” she began explaining, I laughed a little.

“What’s so funny?” She asked unamused. “You said bowels.” I said still chuckling, then I saw her face “I’ll shut up now” I said quickly getting serious.

“Thank you, anyway this right here, talks about a force called the Ripping Tide, a force of supernatural creatures that can control ponies anyway they want, they controlled Equestria before Discord, believe it or not” She said looking at the first few pages of the book.

I was lost in thought by then, but I asked a question anyway. “Can they adapt?” I asked still thinking.

“Easily, why?” Twilight asked “because I think our luck just turned from bad to worse.”

After I explained that they took over the castle, probably taking the scientists hostage, they could easily make copies of my portal gun and take over my world.
“So we’re out of fucking luck basically?” asked Rainbow angrily. I just nodded.

Just then Twilight got a call over her commlink that didn’t notice she was wearing. When the message was over she levitated a gun over to her side.

“That was Rarity, there is an attack at the north wall, I gotta go, come on.” She said before grabbing two more.

Rainbow took one but I didn’t, instead I pulled out my portal gun.

“How do you plan to fight a pseudo-alien invasion with portals?” Twilight asked as we descended the stairs.

“Easy” I replied “by thinking with portals.”

When we left we ran to the north, what I saw shocked me. There was lined up behind cover, firing at other ponies, it looked like a civil war.

“Wait, if you kill the host, do you kill the alien thing too?’ I asked when we stopped. “Yes” Twilight replied “They take over the body, meaning that if they don’t escape before death, they die along with the host.” “Good to know”


I ran to the front lines while Twilight and Rainbow stayed back, providing cover. A grenade exploded by me, but it didn’t phase me at all. I dove behind a sandbag next to Rarity.

“The fuck happened while I was gone?” I asked setting the portal gun to Earths core, certain death for any creature, and began firing at the enemies feet.

“Well, some aliens invaded, for one thing” she said popping up and firing.

“Lovely” I said, just then I saw a portal open up next to us and some ponies shot through. I grabbed a handy dandy knife off the ground and threw it at him, killing him.

“Shit, just what I hoped to avoid.” I said “Rarity fall back” I said before turning and running to cover.

“What is going on?” Twilight asked when we got back.

“They got portal technology, not sure how many guns they got, but they got one.” I said “Where are the others, we gotta get to Earth.” I said.

“We think dead or MIA” said Twilight “So we have to go now.”

A grenade went off, forcing me to cover my head from debris. “Right, Portal: Rick Van Wert’s house.” I said and I fired into a building and jumped through.

When we got there Rick was outside, working on the portal, he saw us though and we ran over.

“What’s going on?” He asked, slightly worried at my arrival. “Shit’s going down man, serious shit” I replied. At that moment a portal opened and two goons walked out, onto Earth.

“Shit, Twilight, your gun” I said and she tossed it to me and I shot them and the portal closed.

“I thought you were only one with portal tech” he said.

“I was” I replied “Then a civil war broke out.”

“Nuts, ok um so I guess that means we are in bad shape?” He said. I nodded. “Okay, I’ll get four guns ready in like two days, can you wait that long?” He asked.

“Equestria’s done for, might as well.” I said, then I realized something. “Nevermind, we don’t have that much time, unless you can invent a time slower for other dimensions.” I said, realizing that two days on Earth is several years in Equestria.

“I can.” he said. “In fact I have a prototype right here.” He pulled something out of his pocket. “I thought it would be helpful. Now open a portal so I can use it.” he said, setting some dials.

When I opened the portal He pressed the button and suddenly all the sped up action in Equestria slowed down to Earth speed.

“Good, now we can focus more” I said cutting off the portal.

Just then about 20 portals opened up around the neighborhood, and gunfire began ringing out.

“Well, looks like things just went from bad to worse” I said as Rick pulled out his pistol.

It was time to nut up or shut up, then I remember the Nutella container and opened it.

“Thanks for killing the moment Alex” Rick said, seeing me.

“What I’m hungry!” I said in defense, then the gunfire was pointed at us and we ran inside, ready for a long battle, because nowhere was safe now.

Now we either nut up or get shut up. Forever.