• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

For Science! - treco89090



What happens when your friend creates a portal? You test it, for science

  • ...
5
 23
 1,140

Chapter 5: Stuff Gets Real

Chapter 5: Stuff Gets Real

After our exciting and very disruptive day yesterday, Opp and I were hit with a week long house arrest, basically saying we couldn’t leave unless it was official business.

During that time Opp and I tried to make a portal so I could, you know, get home at will. I mostly wanted it because I was seriously missing my Pokemon games right now.

Finally, on the last day of house arrest, we made a breakthrough. Our X-Dimension Mark 1, as Opp called it, I called it a Portal Gun because it could shoot a portal to any dimension, given the proper parameters.

Turns out, I’m a really good guinea pig because I got to be the one to test it. Fun. So we went up to the top of the tower where the princesses went to change the sun and moon to try it out.

“Okay, now use your magic to type it in, I’ll try to make a voice activated one later” Opp explained as I typed in “Earth: Circa 2012” into the machine.

“Alright got it” I said, looking at him. “Good, now shoot the wall and see if it works” he replied.

I fired the gun at the wall and a blue portal appeared, showing a forested region. I realized I had no clue where that was.

“Can I be more specific?” I asked after canceling the portal.

“Yeah, I forgot to tell you that, but I would be discreet at first, until an inter-dimensional war broke out or something so no one would care would be nice” he replied.

“Um… okay then” I say, slightly worried at his example.

“Hey, that’s the only thing that would make me think you could use it in the city” he said, defending himself.

“Whatever, lets go” I said typing in a new location.
“This is so exciting” Opp said, getting excited. I just smirked, and fired.

It showed a small wooded area and Oppenheim and I walked into my dimension for the first time in about two weeks.

I was wearing my usual Batman hoodie and grey hat, while Oppenheim was wearing a lab coat and rectangular glasses. He was also slightly taller than me, probably at around 5’10 to my 5’7.

“Okay, now you need an alias, how about Robert, Opp?” I asked him.

“Okay, sounds good” he replied, obviously not getting my reference to Robert Oppenheimer, the famous nuclear physicist.

We walked for about two miles until we actually reached the road through busy Bay City, at least, what little that was.

“Alright we’re almost home” I said pulling out my phone and going to my contacts.

“What is that?” he asked looking at my cell phone.

“It’s my cell phone, means of communication” I clarified after seeing his confused look.

I called Rick, the idiot that got me into this whole debacle, to tell him what happened.

“How long was I gone?” I asked him. “About ten minutes why?” He replied over the phone.

“Um, it was like ten days where I was” I say. I hear him laugh “It worked!!!” “Yep” I say, "we’re on Wilder, by the mall, can you pick us up?" I asked “Us?” “I brought a friend”

About ten minutes pass before Ricks’ Dad pulled up to pick us up.

“Thanks” I say getting in the back with Opp.
“So this is your friend?” Asked Rick, turning around to look.

“Yep, his names Robert, he’s a scientist.” I reply

“Hello” he says, holding out his hand. I was surprised he knew what a handshake, considering he never had a hand before.

“How do you know what a hand shake is?” I asked him in a whisper. “I’m not that stupid, I have read books before” He replied.

“What?” Now I was genuinely confused. He sighed and began to explain.

“Look, you’re not the first human to drop by Equestria in my lifetime, the other was a panicky fellow, asked my dad to make a portal device, left about three days after that” He replied. “In that time he taught me, a clever young colt, about human culture, a little bit anyway, so I’m totally stupid” he finished.

I just nodded, thinking about it.

We soon pulled into Rick’s personal driveway and his dad left.

“You live alone?” I asked “Since when?”

“About a week ago, I thought I told you.” He replied, then I remembered him saying that, vaguely of course.

“Oh, where’s the portal?” I asked him. He pointed to his garage, the one I accidentally broke the door to by kicking it, and we went inside.

“Awesome, listen I have this portal gun now, so I don’t need this thing, but you should modify that” I then had an epiphany that hit me so hard it felt like bricks.

“We can’t stay, come on Opp” I then shot a portal and prepared to go. It was dark in Equestria.

“Why?” Opp asked. “How long have we been here?” I asked Rick. “About 15 minutes why?” he replied.

“We've been gone over two weeks, bye Rick!” I then grabbed Opp and dragged him through then I broke the portal.

“We are so bucking dead’” I said realizing that Luna was right there. Boy she was not happy.

After a long, very explicit, speech from Celestia I was ordered to not leave the palace for any reason for the next month, I was also not allowed into Opp’s lab. However because Opp was too important, he got off free.

I walked into my room and shut the door. About ten to fifteen minutes later Opp walked in and told me that he had modified the old gun and made it voice activated, he also that it could now shoot portals to other areas in Equestria now as well.

I thanked him and he gave it to me. I then messed around, shooting the wall and then the ceiling, seeing as he forgot to tell me that it shot normal portals too, I figured it out manually.

About a week into my house arrest something came up. There was a rebellion in Las Pegasus. I couldn’t say I was surprised because there was major unrest in that area for about three weeks, really about three days before my arrival was when it started.

Anyway, it was a cold and dreary winter morning, and a light snow was falling. Then, at around 12 noon, there was an explosion and gunfire rang out.

Not knowing what else to do I went to my window to look. Worst. Decision. Ever. All I saw was death and smoke from grenades and others explosions. That’s when a rebel ran out and looked up at me, almost as if he was on watch. He then shouted something and ran in, that’s when I knew shit went south.

I shot two portals, one in the floor and one in the tall tower wall, and quickly jumped through. I cut off the portal just as the goons ran into my room. They saw me and began to open fire. I then unfolded my trusty FB T-7 and hopped in and flew away, under heavy gunfire.

I didn’t know what to do so I flew to Cloudsdale, setting it to hover as I approached. There were about 20 pegasi watching as I hovered up and landed. They stared at me with fear and awe.

“No time to explain, where’s Rainbow Dash?’ I asked, putting the T-7 in my pocket, and one of them, I think Derpy, pointed off to the west towards the stadium and I ran over.

I had to carefully maneuver, using my little flying skills to get there, and when I arrived I saw Dashie running through the obstacle course set up there.

“DASH!” I shouted as I ran in, getting her attention and she turned and flew towards me. She was listening to her iPod-esque thing so she didn’t hear anything, that is until she took out her ear buds and listened.

“What’s going on, did one of Pinkies parties get out of hand?” she asked jokingly. “Shit. Just. Got. Real” I replied as serious as possible.

Then it dawned on Rainbow and she replied and silently asked me to follow me to the bleachers.

“What happened?” She asked, afraid.

“I have no clue, but we are not safe here” I said, just then a Pegasus holding a pistol flew over the bleachers and saw us and began shooting.

I did the only I could think of. “Bay City Michigan!” And I grabbed Dash’s hoof and jumped through the portal.

Author's Note:

Like for creative title? I'm kidding, but still, if you couldn't notice, I've really been into Valve games alot lately, so if you don't like it, tough nuts the portal gun and flying bathtub will be here to stay.