• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 2,673 Views, 52 Comments

Breach of Privacy - Ashfur



Ponies have no concept of knocking... or most other common courtesies, as a new human finds out.

  • ...
5
 52
 2,673

When a protagonsit walks in a house

After a long day of helping out on odd jobs about ponyville, Chris settled in for the night. Curling up in his fresh sheets, he was finally ready to slip off to the land of dreams. Maybe he'd run into Luna, he liked talking with Luna.

CRASH

Chris's eyes shot open as the last echoes of something shattering bounced around the bedroom. Something had fallen over, and he'd probably forget it in the morning and hurt himself stepping on it if he didn't do something about it now. As he grumbled to himself, putting on his slippers and nightgown from Rarity, he heard a second crash. Was he being robbed? Chris dashed into the living room with a leftover wooden board from the house's construction as a makeshift bat. "Who's there?!" He cried out, pressing the magic crystal that illuminated the room in enchanted candlelight. There, standing among a few shattered ceramics, stood… "Discord?"

The long, snakelike figure of the town's resident draconequus slowly, ominously turned in the flickering shadows of the candles. He opened his mouth to speak, his fang glinting in the moonlight. Chris shuddered.

Then a small, glowing frog with bug wings appeared beside Discord, breaking the silence in an irritating, high-pitched voice. "Remember! You can press the A button to talk to NPC- eeeeeeeeeeeee-" it squealed as Discord flicked it away with a claw. Chris took notice during this that the draconequus was wearing a green, pointed hat.

"I do hate those annoying tutorial helpers, don't you? Oh well, I suppose it can't be helped. Good evening, Chris! I was just stopping by to stock up on coins." To emphasize, Discord picked up a clay pot and tossed it to the floor, spilling chocolate coins everywhere.

"Wait, why is my house suddenly filled with ceramic pots?" Chris questioned, noticing the sudden abundance of pottery in his living room.

"Oh, you know how these npc houses are, Chris. Full of lootable goodies!" Discord reached into the hall closet and pulled out a copper sword that definitely wasn't there before. "Ew, low level weapons." He tossed it to the side. "Now watch this." He stepped outside and closed the door.

Chris groaned. "Is that bargain-bin happy meal toy gone? Good, he makes my head hurt. Now I gotta clean up this mess before- huh?" As he reached down to pick up the first ceramic shards, they started to twitch and move. Suddenly, all the bits and pieces of broken pottery flew back into place, reassembling into complete pots that were shattered moments before. "Wait, what?"

The door flung open again, and Discord strode back in. This time, he paid Chris no mind and proceeded to systematically smash every pot, finding only a few sparse treasures. Seemingly irritated by this, he walked outside again, muttering "I don't know why I bother breaking every pot in every building. I have a golden triangle to find!" Chris angrily followed, confronting the mismatched creature on the porch.

"Discord! Will you stop messing around with your chaos powers in my living room and let me sleep? It's like three in the morning!"

Discord laughed, taking out a pocket watch from his ear. "Oh, is it that late? My watch is only showing a quarter past eggplant. Terribly sorry my boy, I was just having an adventure and I ended up making your house look absolutely breadful!"

"Don't you mean dreadful?"

"Nope," the chaos spirit replied with a smirk.

Chris took a half-second to process that before bolting to the front door, opening in and deciding that a room full of pottery would be preferable to any more of Discord's antics. Sadly, his wish was not granted. "Discord! My living room is FILLED with… is this banana nut bread? Ew! There's so much that I can't even get the door open!"

"I did tell you it was breadful."

"Fix it!"

"Oh, gladly!" Discord slapped a hat on Chris's head that had a giant exclamation point hovering above it. "There! That lets me know you have a quest for me. Now I just have to finish my 1,732 other quests and I can get to yours. I'll be back!" Laughing, Discord spiralled off into the night, his cackling laugh echoing on the breeze.

Chris groaned. "Friggin' protagonists. Maybe Fluttershy's animals can help eat all that damn bread… I HATE banana nut bread!"

Author's Note:

You ever just walk into every house in an RPG, take thier shit, and talk to them like nothing's wong?

Me neither. Unless it's a one-of-a-kind item. Or there's an achievement for it.