• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 2,673 Views, 52 Comments

Breach of Privacy - Ashfur



Ponies have no concept of knocking... or most other common courtesies, as a new human finds out.

  • ...
5
 52
 2,673

Welcome to the neighborhood

Since arriving in Equestria two months prior, Chris had seen all manner of strange and mystical things. In addition to the one-way portal that had dumped him into sugarcube corner in a teleportation trick gone wrong, he had encountered unicorns, pegasi, griffons, magic, and even dragons! But the world was not without its quirks and strange behaviors. Case in point: right now.

"Twilight. Why are you hiding in my cupboard?" Chris arched an eyebrow at one of the most influential ponies in the world, as she tried to make herself scarce behind a teacup. The purple alicorn grinned sheepishly, her body twisted into an awkward position in order to fit

"Um… just inspecting for cracks in the wood! You know how these new houses can be. Gotta make sure everything is in perfect shape!" She shuffled nervously. "Just pretend I'm not here!"

"What about those holes?" He gestured to two suspiciously eyehole-shaped openings in the cupboard door. "They look pretty suspicious to me. Almost like you were spying on me!"

Twilight responded on impulse, years of hearing that line causing a knee-jerk reaction as she adjusted her position in the small space. "It's not spying, it's scientific observation! Oh, wait." Her eye twitched as she realized she had played her hand. "Ponyfeathers," she muttered as she was unceremoniously hoisted out of the cabinet my Chris, who also grabbed her thick binder of observation notes labeled 'Humanus Ginormous morning ritual ' and carried them to the front door.

"Nice try, Sparky. And for the record, it's homo sapien, not humanus ginormous. Now, go home to your fancy crystal castle and write a friendship report about spying on people or whatever. I need to eat my toast before it burns." He set her down gently in front of his door, opening it inwards and gesturing for his unwanted guest to leave. Twilight let out a long, drawn-out sigh before reluctantly trudging outside, the door slamming behind her.

"Glad that's over with." Taking a quick glance at the notes he had forgotten to throw out after the purple princess, Chris felt his eyes widen in shock. "She has my wake-up time?! How? Does she have hiding spots-" he stopped, the realization dawning on him. "...everywhere," he breathed. "Probably two in each room. Welp, there goes my morning…"

Chris quickly ate his toast, then went back to his bedroom, first. It was a fairly spacious room with a very opulent bed in the center, a move-in gift from Celestia since she was the only other creature who needed a bed that size. The sheets and blankets were tossed aside immediately and the mattress carefully lifted up to check underneath. Nothing. Chris also ducked his head behind the dresser, and in the closet, tossing clothes haphazardly to the floor in search of a secret alcove, or recording crystal, anything to indicate he was being spied on by a certain neurotic equine.

"Aha! It's got to be in here!" Chris joyously proclaimed, swinging the door of his second, empty dresser wide open. "Gotcha, Spar...ky?" Instead of finding a hidden princess, Chris found himself staring down the barrel of a loaded party cannon. Attached was a note: 'Happy housewarming, Chrissy buddy! Enjoy your cake and sprinkles, courtesy of your bestest best friend! -Pinkie Pie' It was then that Chris noticed the tripwire that had been attached to the dresser door, and the cannon started rumbling…

"Oh, no…"

After three hours of cleaning up cake batter and glittery sprinkles from the bedroom, and another forty minutes showering off the sticky goop, Chris prepared to head off towards the Castle of Friendship in a huff. If Twilight was going to invade his home, he was going to barge in and demand to know her hiding spots! It'd be easy, hopefully.

Just as he was about to open the door, though, it swung open and hit him in his face, sending Chris staggering backwards in a daze. "Aw yeah! Great to see you got the place settled, C! Nice digs, lotsa room." Without even noticing the occupants, the one and only Rainbow Dash trotted in. She made a beeline for the fridge, grabbing a cider from within, and plopped down on the living room couch, chugging the beverage. "Delicious!" She let out a loud burp before glancing at the human rubbing his head. "Oh there you are, C. Why are you up against the wall?"

"Rainbow, you can't just barge in without permis-"

"HEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEE'SSSSSSS…" the door slammed into Chris again as another small horse entered, along with a rental oom-pah-pah band. "...your welcome to the neighborhood song! We hope you will stay here for a while! So that when your face is long, we can make you smile!" Ever the bundle of energy, Pinkie Pie sang with unbridled joy as she danced and twirled around, somehow throwing streamers and party supplies around in such a way that the room was flawlessly decorated in moments. "This is your welcome to the neighborhood soooooong! It isn't very long!" As quickly as she had appeared, the pink bundle of energy was gone, and the living room now needed cleaning as well.

Rainbow held up her empty cider bottle in a mock toast before tossing it backwards, shattering against the wall. "So my kinda destroyed my cloud house during stunt practice, so I'm crashing here for a while. Cool? Cool. Thanks C, you're awesome."

Chris angripy glared at rainbow. He did owe the girls for helping him get this house, and he was good friends with them, so he didn't have much choice. "Ugh, fine. But you're helping me with cleaning this up-"

"Oh wait I just remembered I got a storm to set up gottagobye!" The pegasus took off like a rocket, the resulting draft sending everything in the room flying into a state of disarray.

"Raaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnbooooowwww! Get back here and help me sweep, you Blue Angel reject! Rrrrgh!" With a scowl, Chris picked up a broom and got to work. It was going to be a long night...

Author's Note:

I've been in such a funk recently. Kinda depressed. Hopefully this new story sparks a ton of new ideas and get my energy back.

-Your favorite wolf/pony/other,
Ashen "Ashfur" Brightfur