• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 15,240 Views, 697 Comments

House of Sun - Riossumari

  • ...
20
 697
 15,240

PreviousChapters Next
Invasion (Spike Edition)

A little over a day ago, just before the Canterlot invasion…




Spike walked through the halls alongside Kibitz, he was looking through a few papers as he talked to the older stallion.

“I’m glad Shining finally proposed to Cadence, seems like he’s going all out getting the wedding under way. Will make this the biggest celebration that Canterlot has ever seen!” Spike said. Kibitz smiled at watching the young dragon, and took the papers from Spike as he finished reading them.

“Have they begun organizing the guest list yet, sir?” Kibitz asked. Spike shook his head no,

“No not yet, and I told you that you can just call me Spike. How many times do I have to remind you Kibitz?” he asked. Kibitz chuckled and looked ahead with a smile,

“At least once more, same as always sir.” Spike suddenly came to a stop as he looked out the nearby window and saw the storm clouds approaching the courtyard.

“That’s weird, we weren’t supposed to get any rain today. What Pegasus sent the rain clouds our way?” he asked. Kibitz looked out the window with Spike and saw the airships slowly emerge from the clouds.

“My word, that’s no storm cloud!” Kibitz exclaimed, the ships slowed to a stop their anchors suddenly launching out and lodging themselves into the courtyard below. The ramp to the lead ship opened and a small yeti emerged carrying a speaker box, in front of him a large group of Canterlot gathered to meet them. Spike then noticed Celestia, Luna, Twilight, Sweetie Belle, and Cadence standing at the front of all the soldiers.

“What the heck? Are we getting visitors today or something?” Spike asked, Kibitz had no answer though, he was just as puzzled as Spike was as to what was going on right now. The speaker box the small yeti had blared to life as he introduced the leader of the fleet, and shortly after Tempest emerged from the airship. The two couldn’t hear what Tempest was saying as she was nowhere near the speaker, but then her troops erupted from the rest of the airships and began to swarm the courtyard and attack the soldiers. Spike was suddenly in a panic, watching as a battle erupted in the middle of the castle courtyard.

“What’s happening? I thought they were just talking!?” he shouted. Kibitz knew what was happening though and quickly grabbed the young dragon and rushed down the hall with him.

“Quickly sir, we need to get you somewhere safe!” he said. Spike ran alongside Kibitz throwing all the papers he had into the air behind him as tried to keep up.

“What’s going on?!” Spike shouted again, Kibitz looked back at Spike.

“We’re under attack young sir! Those creatures are attacking the castle and Canterlot! I have to get you to safety right away!” Kibitz shouted. Spike followed Kibitz closely but his mind was on his family at that moment. They were right at the front of it all, were they safe? Did they escape? What was happening? He thought.




Kibitz and Spike rushed through the castle, all the ponies in the castle now in a state of panic as the Storm King’s forces began to invade the castle interior. A few came in breaking down doors, other smashing in through windows, there was chaos all around the castle. Kibitz slid to a stop as two soldiers turned to face him and Spike. Kibitz looked around in a panic but quickly acted.

“This way sir, in here!” Kibitz said as he ushered Spike into a nearby room. Kibitz slammed the door shut behind him and blocked it off by moving some furniture with his magic.

“That won’t keep them out forever, over here quickly.” Kibitz said as he quickly trot to the far wall. Spike watched him began to tap his hooves all along the lower area of the wall until finally finding a hidden switch that revealed a concealed passage.

“This way sir, we’ll escape through here. It should lead away from all this.” he said. Spike didn’t argue or question Kibitz instead running into the passage. Once inside though he heard the sound of the doorway sliding shut behind and turned to see Kibitz had closed him inside. Spike ran over and began to try and open the door back up, but then he heard what was happening on the other side. The soldiers had broken in and could hear them grunting and fighting with Kibitz before Spike heard him shouting.

“Let go of me, you ruffians!! Let go!!” Spike stepped back and covered his mouth in shock and waited until the sound died down. He turned and looked back to where the passage led and swallowed the lump in his throat before walking towards the end of the passage. Spike walked down the dimly lit passage not knowing how long he’d been in there, maybe a few minutes? An Hour? More? He wasn’t sure anymore. Finally he reached the end and looked around, some light was shining in from cracks in the wall so he could tell there was something on the other side. Spike pawed at the wall trying to find a way through until he managed to hit a switch and open the wall.




Spike poked his head out and saw he was in the kitchen, although it was empty now. Cooking utensils, dishes, pots, and pans were thrown all around the room a sign that the soldiers had come through here to capture the ponies working. Spike cautiously walked to the doorway and looked into the hallway, a pair of soldiers stood at the end of the hall and he quickly ducked back into the kitchen. Spike hid under one the tables and leaned back against the legs, he was scared now, he didn’t know where his family was or if they were even safe, worst of all he didn’t know what to do. The sound of footsteps caught his attention though as he heard a voice walked into the kitchen.

“Oh man, all that work gave me an appetite. What kind of snacks they got in this place anyway?” Spike looked to see the gray feet of the small yeti from before. He walked around the kitchen rummaging through the cabinets looking for something to eat. He turned and walked towards the far counter and then came to a stop,

“Ahh! Cake! And with lots of icing no less!” he said before snickering and climbing onto the stool next to the table Spike was hiding under. Spike listened to him grabbing handfuls of cake and eating for a few seconds, it was almost nauseating listening to him he thought. But then he paused for a moment,

“Aw man, gonna get my uniform dirty at this rate. Don’t want the commander to see me like that.” he said. A few seconds later a black tabard with the Storm King’s insignia fell to the floor in front of Spike, his eyes widened as he saw an opportunity and slowly reached over and grabbed it. Spike crawled out from under the table and made his way around the room away from the gluttonous yeti. Once Spike got to the doorway he threw the tabard over his head to wear, it was a little big but otherwise a perfect disguise he thought. He looked to see the two guards standing at the end of the hall and took a long deep breath before approaching them. Once he got close they looked down at him, but Spike kept walking with a confident smile.

“How’s it going guys? Any problems?” Spike asked. The two shook their heads no, Spike then pointed to both of them and smiled.

“Well keep up the good work, don’t let anyone sneak past you now.” he said before marching off. Once Spike got down the hall and around the corner though he leaned against the wall and started breathing heavy, he couldn’t believe his disguise worked. But now that he could walk around the castle he had a new priority in mind, finding and rescuing his family.

Author's Note:

:facehoof: Okay I know I said this was only going to be one chapter involving what Spike was up to. But then I got more and more ideas with what I could do, and rather than have the chapter be over 2k in words I decided it would be best to break it up. :twilightsheepish: Sorry if anyone wanted the story to get back to Twilight quickly, but I wanted to try and stretch out the part involving Spike. I will try to keep it down to 2 maybe 3 more chapters before getting back to focusing on Tempest and Twilight though. So just try and be patient for now. :yay:

PreviousChapters Next