• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 15,231 Views, 697 Comments

House of Sun - Riossumari

  • ...
20
 697
 15,231

PreviousChapters Next
Getting the better of Blueblood

Twilight and Cadence stood in shock, this was the last pony they’d expect to be here in Ponyville. Worse yet, they knew convincing Blueblood would not go over easily. Applejack got out of her seat as well as a well dressed stallion.

“Twilight, its great to see ya again Sugarcube. But do y’all think ya could help us out here. Is there somethin' you can do?” Applejack asked, the stallion next to her politely bowed and introduced himself next.

“Greeting your majesty, I’m Filthy Rich. I’m sure you heard what’s happening in town. Can you help us in any way? My business and many others in Ponyville are in danger of this whole arrangement.” he said. Twilight looked past the two ponies and then walked over to Blueblood.

“Hi Blueblood, um...I’m sure you’ve heard what the situation is. Have you maybe considered other ways to get the gems from those caves that you want?” Twilight asked, Blueblood looked over the papers in front of him a smug grin on his face as he did.

“Like what? Spend the extra bits to build a mine shaft? While I am truly sorry about the ponies in this town’s small businesses, the amount of bits waiting in those caves is worth far more bits than anything this town has to offer. Its also far more cost effective simply to strip the land and get the gems that way. But I’m sure of course you want to help them, so feel free to look over all the paperwork if you want. Its all there and completely legitimate Twilight. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to retire to my hotel room for the day. I could use a shower after spending so much time in this dusty old town hall.” Blueblood said with an even more smug grin, before getting up and walking away, his guards following close. When Blueblood finally left Twilight sat down and started to read through all the paperwork Blueblood had mentioned, Applejack walked over to Twilight standing next to her.

“Isn’t there anything y’all can do? We gotta make this work somehow.” Applejack asked. Twilight looked up concerned, she really did want to help but she would need time to sort through everything.

“I promise we’ll do everything we can to fix this, but I’ll need to read through all the paperwork for any potential loopholes or anything else Blueblood might have overlooked first.” Twilight explained. Cadence suddenly perked up with a smile,

“What about the forest? Or maybe there’s something that would need to be preserved nearby that could prevent this?” she asked.

“Cadence! That’s a great idea, I’ll stay here with Mayor Mare and go over all the paperwork. You get Shiny, and the others and start combing the town for anything like that. If we all work together I'm sure we can find a way to put a stop to all of this!” Twilight announced.




Cadence and Applejack came trotting out of the town hall, most of the ponies had left after Twilight and her went inside. Shining and the others quickly rushed up,

“Well? Is everything okay? Did Twilight figure something out?” Shining asked Cadence.

She shook her head, “No...and its worse than we thought. The pony from Canterlot is Blueblood of all ponies…” Cadence explained. Shining and Sunset’s faces turned into looks of annoyance and anger equally,

“Oh great, if it were any pony else we might have had a chance of fixing this. But him? What are our options?” Sunset asked. Cadence was quick to explain to Twilight’s idea which got every pony thinking.

“Okay, so I’ll go check out the library and do some research on the town. See what I can dig up there. Shining, you, Applejack, and Spike go ask around and see if any pony knows anything that could help. We should also see if maybe Everfree forest has any endangered animals that need protecting too, its a long shot but it’s worth looking into.” Sunset said with a smile.

“Oh! If its about animals, Scootaloo and I know who you could talk to! Fluttershy! She loves animals, she’ll have to know something.” Sweetie Belle announced.

“Okay then every pony, let’s get to work and save Ponyville!” Sunset said before they all split up and ran off.




Cadence followed Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to the far side of Ponyville where there was a lone cottage not far from the edge of the forest. Cadence paused and looked at the forest and how big it was, she then walked up to the front door of Fluttershy’s house as Scootaloo knocked on the door. The three stood there for a moment and no pony answered,

“Is she not home?” Cadence asked, Sweetie and Scootaloo looked at one another thinking.

“Fluttershy’s usually home this time though. Maybe she’s just not inside her house, let’s go look for her.” Scootaloo said. Before Cadence could say anything though the two fillies quickly darted off,

“Wait, she’s probably just out back of her house girls…” Cadence said. But the two were already gone and couldn’t hear her. Cadence then walked around the side of the cottage and to the back where there was a fenced in area with chickens running about. Cadence quickly noticed the yellow pegasus trying to herd the chickens into their coop, after a few seconds though she suddenly seemed to stomp her hoof and glare at them which caused them to quickly get in line and go into their coop. Cadence was a little surprised at first but then she walked over to the pony to introduce herself.

“Um, hello there. My name’s Cadence, I was wondering are you Fluttershy by chance?” she asked. The pegasus turned and looked up at Cadence and instantly shirked a little at the sight of the larger alicorn.

“Oh um...yes, that’s me. I’m…” her voice was soft and quiet and mid sentence she got too quiet for Cadence to really hear what she’d said.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch all that. Did you say that you were Fluttershy?” Cadence asked again, the pony turned her head a little looking away and spoke again, this time a little quieter which Cadence still couldn’t hear her. Cadence was trying to be polite but it was getting harder to hear her talk,

“I’m sorry, could you repeat that?” she politely asked. The little pegasus finally tucked her head beneath one of her wings, this time when she spoke up it came out as more of a series of squeaks than actual words. Cadence wasn’t sure what to do now, this pony was super timid and she was starting to feel bad trying to force conversation out of her.

“Fluttershy!” a familiar voice shouted, Cadence breathed a deep sigh of relief when she heard Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo return the two fillies running up to Fluttershy. The sight of the two fillies almost instantly change Fluttershy’s attitude as she knelt down to nuzzle and hug the two,

“Oh Sweetie Belle, I didn’t know you came back to Ponyville. Is Rarity here with you?” she asked. Sweetie Belle got a bit nervous when she was asked about her sister,

“Oh, Rarity...is...away right now. I’m staying with Cadence and her family for now.” she explained, Cadence took a step forward offering to shake hooves with Fluttershy again.

“Hi, I’m sorry if I scared you before. I’m Cadence, its nice to meet you.” Cadence said as the two shook hooves.

“Fluttershy, we need your help! Do you know if there are any animals in the forest that don’t exist anywhere else? We need to know so we can save Ponyville.” Scootaloo announced. Fluttershy looked a little confused by the sudden question, but Cadence was quick to explain everything to her.

“Some pony is trying to tear down most of Everfree forest and dig up most of the land nearby. We were hoping maybe there was a chance that some endangered species or rare animal might be in the forest that needed protection and help us stop it.” Fluttershy paused to think for a moment,

“Oh no, there’s nothing like that in Everfree forest. The occasional cockatrice, or timber wolf maybe, but nothing that would be considered rare or endangered I’m afraid.” Fluttershy replied. Cadence’s ears drooped when she heard her answer,

“Oh that’s too bad, but...maybe Sunset is having more look finding something.” Cadence said.




Sunset was sitting in the library a stack of books scattered all around her, one on the table in front of her as she kept reading to try and find something, she hated doing research like this it was always more Twilight’s thing than hers. The sound of the library door opening got her attention and she looked up to see Twilight entering the library a somber look on her face.

“Guessing you haven’t had any luck either, huh Twi?” Sunset asked. Twilight walked up to the table in front of Sunset and banged her forehead against the table in frustration,

“No...Blueblood’s paperwork and claim to ownership of the land is practically flawless...unless we find something that we can use against him there’s nothing we can do to stop all this…” Twilight groaned. Sunset sat looking at her friend concerned, and then reached over and pat her on the back of her head.

“Hey, don’t give up just yet. Maybe, the others will find something that we can use to our advantage. We promised to help Applejack and every pony else remember? We’re gonna help them, even if we have to construct a bridge going over everything Blueblood’s planning we’ll make this work.” Sunset said. Twilight looked up and smiled a bit, hearing her friend’s words being what she needed right now, Twilight then grabbed a book and began to help Sunset research Ponyville’s history. A moment later the door to the library swung open, Applejack, Shining, and Spike came running inside and up to Twilight.

“Twilight! We think we found something! You gotta come see!” Spike announced,

“What? Where? And who told you about it?” Sunset asked.

Shining walked up to Sunset a grin on his face, “Well, we were asking around town like we said we would. Applejack went to ask Granny Smith if she might know something, and then Mom and Aunt Luna suggested something big. You gotta come see, there’s no way this won’t work.” Shining said with a smile.

Twilight and Sunset stood up to follow as they started to walk out of the Everfree forest Twilght finally asked, “Where exactly is this place or thing at anyway?”

Shining smiled and eagerly answered, “Smack dab in the middle of the Everfree forest, wait til you see it.”

Author's Note:

Okay I hope you guys don't hate me for this, but actually had this chapter all done about two weeks ago and completely forgot to post it the next day. It was just this morning that I actually checked to see why I hadn't gotten any comments and saw that I never actually posted the update. So big sorry for slacking off like that, also my hype for Gen 5's debut didn't help me remember about this either. But here is the newest update, hope you all enjoy it

PreviousChapters Next