• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 15,255 Views, 698 Comments

House of Sun - Riossumari

  • ...
20
 698
 15,255

PreviousChapters Next
Pinkie's Reinforcements

Nightmare’s forces rushed through the now abandoned streets of Canterlot, those who hadn’t been captured now hiding in their homes and other buildings. Sweetie Belle cautiously looked out the window just enough to see, a group of the shadow wolves passing by at the end of the street. She quickly returned to the back of the building where Luna and the others were all waiting.

“I can’t believe this is happening, we just got Canterlot and every pony back after the Storm King attacked.” Sweetie Belle said as she sat next to Luna.

“What can we do now? Is there any pony who can actually help us right now?” Fluttershy asked. The group looked around at one another waiting for someone to speak up with any ideas.

“I could go get the rest of the children of the night from back home, but that’ll take me a while to fly there and back. Maybe longer if I don’t want to be seen.” Lullaby added.

“There’s gotta be some pony left in the city who isn’t captured, we just need to find them and get them to help us out! This is their city as much as it is ours, right?” Trixie added. Luna sat thinking, caution was the utmost importance right now. They needed to seek others, but she had to remain out of sight her presence would alert Nightmare’s forces sooner than any of the others.

“If only I knew who my sisters allies were outside of Equestria, I would eagerly call on them for help.” Luna said. Pinkie suddenly perked at Luna’s words though,

“Oh, I know some pony we can get to help us out! But I’ll have to be sneaky to go and get her though…” the pink one said. Every pony looked at Pinkie wondering who she could be talking about, but before any pony could ask Pinkie grabbed Fluttershy and Applejack pulling them in close for a hug.

“We’ll be right back! And we’ll bring some of the best help ever!” Pinkie said.

“Wait, where are we going? And who are y'all talkin about Pinkie?” Applejack asked as she and Fluttershy walked out the back of the building. Luna and Sweetie sat with Lullaby and Trixie curious as to what they had planned now.

“So what should we do now?” Lullaby asked. Luna stood up and looked at the others,

“We need to find another place to hide, staying here for too long could be dangerous. It’s only a matter of time before we’re discovered here.” Luna said. The others ponies nodded in agreement and followed Luna as she approached the front of the building cautiously looking around before making a move.




The group moved through the streets staying out of sight as much as they could, Nightmare had minions in the air now and it gave them an ideal view of the streets below. Luna quickly ushered the others into another building, a now empty book store. Once inside Luna stayed close to the front door looking and waiting for any of Nightmare’s forces to pass by.

“Well at least we have some books to read now.” Lullaby joked, her comment making Trixie and Sweetie Belle smirk at her. A sudden thud from the back of the building caught their attention though, Luna quickly moving to her friends and keeping them behind her. They slowly walked up to the door, the sounds of movement now more apparent on the other side. Luna’s horn began to glow preparing to face whatever monsters Nightmare had waiting on the other side. Her magic glowed around the doorknob and turned it swinging it open. Inside was a collection of boxes and books and sitting in the center of the room scared was Spike and Gabby who both let out panicked shrieks at the door opening. A moment later they realized who one another was though and instantly the fear was replaced with a sense of levity.

“Sweetie Belle! Aunt Luna!” Spike announced rushing up and hugging the two, Gabby then immediately hugging them as well for no reason better than to be a part of the hug.

“Spike, I’m happy to see your alright. But, how did you end up in there?” Luna asked.

“I was taking Gabby here to come see the book store, she wanted to get a few comics to take back with her to Griffonstone. Before we knew it the whole city went nuts! Those monsters were everywhere and just grabbing ponies up left and right.” Spike explained.

“We hid in the storage room when they started to break in the front doors, not sure how long we’ve been in there for. Next thing we know is you showed up like this.” Gabby added. Spike looked around seeing only Lullaby and Trixie with them,

“Where’s Twilight? Or Shining?” he asked. Luna and Sweetie both got quiet at Spike’s question though,

“We’re not sure, but we think its likely that Nightmare is holding them captive somewhere in the castle. We’re trying to find as much help as we can right now, we need as many ponies as we can find to help fight back.” Luna said. Spike looked at Luna shocked by her explanation, Gabby a little puzzled though.

“Who’s Nightmare? Are they really that bad?” she asked.

“Yeah! Real bad! Last time we fought him he possessed Sweetie Belle’s sister, Rarity. Then he jumped to Twilight and tried to take over Canterlot! We thought we’d seen the last of him but then he took control of Rarity again and disappeared. But...now he’s back again.” Spike said. A hush fell over the group, but then Lullaby stepped up to them with her usual optimistic grin.

“But its not all bad, if he’s here that means you have a chance to save your friend now, right? You can totally do it, you stopped the Storm King together. We can totally do this too!” Lullaby said. The bat pony's confidence put a smile on every pony’s face, Luna standing upright a little more a look of pride on her face.

“We most certainly shall, I’ll see to it that we stop this creature once and for all this time.” Luna said. The sound of Nightmare’s forces moving outside caught their attention, making them take cover and hide. After Luna was certain they’d remained undetected, she stood up and looked out the front windows of the building.

“Come every pony, we need to keep moving and find more help. Stay close to me.” Luna said before they followed her out the rear exit to search for more help.




Pinkie moved quietly through the city, quieter than usual for the pink pony. Applejack and Fluttershy stayed close, but it was still difficult given the chaotic movements of the pink pony. When Applejack finally got close enough to talk to her she asked,

“Pinkie, where are ya takin us? The castle is back that way!” Pinkie put her hoof around Applejack and pulled her close,

“We’re not getting help from the castle, we’re getting help from over there!” she said. Applejack and Fluttershy looked to the northern guard barracks just ahead of them. The barracks was vacant, the guards having left to try and defend the castle and the ponies in the city.

“The barracks? But, there’s no one in there Pinkie. Are you sure we’ll find someone?” Fluttershy asked. Pinkie nodded enthusiastically and lead them closer, the pink pony occasionally stopping and locking up as one of Nightmare’s minions came close. The pink one’s “Pinkie sense” being the perfect warning against capture. When they got into the barracks Pinkie led them away from where the soldiers were usually bunked, Applejack and Fluttershy were confused where they going now. Pinkie wasn’t looking for Canterlot guards, so who then? When they reached the door leading to the Prison cells in the barracks, Applejack and Fluttershy both froze Pinkie opening the door and about to walk inside.

“Wait a minute Pinkie, this is where they keep the prisoners! You know, the creatures who get locked for being too rowdy?” Applejack said. Fluttershy shuffled behind the earth pony nervous about what was waiting on the other side of the door. Pinkie looked back at Applejack and smiled,

“Of course silly, this is where the help I was talking about it is.” Pinkie said. Nervously the two ponies followed Pinkie inside the prison, Pinkie showing no fear whatsoever. As they walked down the hall the prison cells on both sides contained the yeti that were captured after the Storm King’s defeat. The massive white apes watching as the three ponies walked down the hall, when Applejack looked back at Pinkie she saw her opening a single cell.

“WAIT!!! Pinkie, don’t!” Applejack shouted. But Pinkie slid the door open and stepped back with a smile, Applejack and Fluttershy stepped back expecting the worse. Then stepping out of the cell was a very familiar pony with a red mane and broken horn. A moment later a small yeti stepping out alongside her,

“Wait, Tempest?” Fluttershy asked. Pinkie immediately hugged the tall mare with a smile.

“Is this a prison break? I appreciate the effort but I don’t want to make things worse for me right me now Pinkie.” Tempest said.

“Its not a prison break, and right now we could really use your help.” Pinkie said as she reached over and took the ring suppressing Tempest’s magic off her horn.

“Help? With what? Is that why they set off all the alarms a while ago?” Tempest asked. Applejack and Fluttershy walked over and both gave Tempest a quick hoof bump to their friend.

“Some pony has attacked Canterlot, he’s grabbed Twilight and most of her family already. We only know that Princess Luna is safe right now, and we need all the help we can get. I don’t suppose ya mind helping us?” Applejack explained. Tempest smiled and nodded in agreement, she went to take a few steps away but the Pinkie squeed with delight,

“That’s your cutie mark?!? Its so cute Tempest!!!” Pinkie shouted. Fluttershy and Applejack both paused too, looking at Tempest and seeing the milkshake cutie on Tempest’s flank. Seeing every pony look at her cutie mark made Tempest blush a little.

“I used to make sundae’s and other desserts as a filly… I started to cover it up after I joined the Storm King’s army though.” Tempest explained, the pony quickly composed herself though and looked at the captured yeti all around them and announced.

“Alright then, the Storm King is gone, Canterlot is in danger and now needs allies more than ever. So I’m offering every creature in here a chance to follow ME into battle to save the city and royal family. So who’s coming with me?”

Author's Note:

:ajsleepy: Took too long to get this new update done. Been trying to prep for Megacon next week and my job's been giving me too many early shifts. But I finally managed to find the time to get this done. :yay: Felt like a buffer chapter of sorts, but that also lets me set things up for when things shake up again. So hopefully I can make time for the next update after next week when I get back. I promise to deliver more of everyone's favorite Edge Pony when I do. :raritywink:

PreviousChapters Next