• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 908 Views, 45 Comments

Cheer You On - Artistkun



"If I Could Be The Wind Under Your Wings, To Watch You Soar So High Makes My Heart Sing" - Flash Sentry

  • ...
4
 45
 908

Secrets

"So are you positively sure you have packed everything that you need for tonight? I don't mind stopping at the nearest store real quick to get you some things". Starlight said to her sister as she was keeping an eye on the road.

Aria groans in frustration for what sounds like a thousand times and she almost regrets letting her sister drive her to Sunset's house. "Sis, I told you already a thousand times that I have everything I need for the sleepover. Toothbrush, spare clothes, to the food you were kind enough to prepare, and even the backup money you gave me, in case me and the girls wanted to order some pizza." Aria responded back annoyed

"Sorry, Aria. It's just that... this is your first sleepover in two months and not only that, it's your first one with your brand new friends, I'm just trying to make sure you're prepared." Starlight said. It starts to tear up a little dramatically.

Aria frowned a bit due to the fact that her sister was right. While she had talked and hung out with her friends from her old school before she transferred, it had indeed been awhile since her last sleepover.

"I know and I appreciate it, but you shouldn't have to worry so much. You help me pack and make some great food for us to enjoy, so we'll be fine.... Unless you accidentally poisoned the food again then I will haunt you for the rest of your life," Aria said before letting out a laugh.

Starlight rolls her eyes as she lets out of chuckle. "Oh knock it off. It won't happen again".

Both of their eyes winded as the car had parked in front of Sunset's house. It was a mansion that almost looked like a castle. It has so many rooms, windows, a big and wide yard, flowers, a fountain, and a really long walkway. Aria checks the address one last time and slowly looks at the huge gate in front of them.

"I-Is th-his the right place, Aria?" Starlight asked, still shocked at the gate on her side.

"I-I'll call her t-to make su-ure". Aria slowly puts her phone on her ear as she waited for Sunset to call back.

After a few seconds, Sunset answered the phone. "Hiya Aria. I'm just finishing up some things for our sleepover. Are you still at your house?" Sunset asked as Aria could hear some commotion on the phone.

"W-well, me and Starlight are in front of this..... Castle, but there is no way, I'm at the right address." Aria responded back as she double-checked the address.

"Hang on a sec, I'll double check it for you." Sunset said as she hung up the phone. Aria looked confused at her phone.

"Well... I guess we wait for Sunset to come out of that mansion or something.... I hope..." Aria said with an unsure look on her face as Starlight was still trying to get over her shock.

"Oh my God, I can't believe one of your friends could possibly be rich! If I wasn't nervous about you having a sleepover in a long time before, it just went up by a thousand!" Starlight said with a nervous tone

"I know sis! Hopefully this is just the wrong address and we can get out of here fast, cuz I can't believe you and me have not been paying attention to the rest of this neighborhood." Aria responded as she browsed that all the other impressive houses in the neighborhood.

At that moment a loud shout was heard coming from the mansion in front of them. "ARIA! YOU DID GET THE RIGHT ADDRESS!" Both Aria and Starlight looked back at the mansion and were shocked to see Sunset waving back at them in front of the main door. Aria Blaze pulls out her binoculars and checks if it's really Sunset and hopefully she was just imagining things. She puts it down for a few seconds and nervously smiles at Sunset.

"We-Well what do you know.... we did get the right address, sis". Aria nervously said.

“COME INSIDE!!”

Suddenly, the front gate opened automatically and they swore that both of them heard fancy background music was being played when the gate opened. Starlight sighs tiredly and steps on the gas to enter the mansion. Aria Blaze looks at the flower bushes that were at the side of the walkway in awe because they all look pretty.

I wonder if Fluttershy like these kinds of flowers. They also look pretty on Sunset.

Starlight Glimmer stops at the side of the mansion and Sunset was walking down so that she could greet them. Aria got out of the car and was greeted by a hug from Sunset Shimmer.

“You made it!” Sunset happily said and didn’t notice that she was hugging her new friend to death. Aria rapidly pats Sunset’s shoulder indicating that she needed to live. The goddess opened her eyes and immediately let’s go of her best friend. Aria breathes heavily and she thanks God that she was still alive.

“Ye-Yeah I did. I can’t believe you live in a place like this”.

“Is there something wrong?” Sunset asked.

“It-It’s not that I hate it! It’s just... I always feared rich people”. Aria confesses as she gets her stuff inside her sister’s car.

“I know they are rude and spoiled but I’m not like those people... Let me help you carry those stuff.”

“I got this, Sunset”. Aria said as she carries her bags.

“You’re my guest though.” Aria’s eyes winded as she saw a little bit of tears were coming out of Sunset’s eyes.

“On second thought, I need your help with my bags”.

Sunset Shimmer’s eyes sparkled like diamonds with a smile on her face and happily helped Aria carry her bags. Aria Blaze sighs in relief and looks at Sunset who was carrying her bags. She can tell that this girl is really sensitive so she took note that she would watch her mouth and think about her actions before she does it. They both waved at Starlight and watched her car move out of the mansion.


"You got to be kidding me?" Aria said in disbelief as she followed Sunset through the main hallway of the house that seemed endless passing door by door, window by window.

First I got lost in the school hallways and now I'm in the same building with doors, doors, and more doors, plus the windows.

"This is so exciting! My very first sleepover on the same week I made real friends, I'm on cloud nine right now!" Sunset expressed such happiness as her smile lit up the hallway.

Aria’s look of disbelief never left her face as she looked towards Sunset. “Hey Sunset, Coul-“

“Yes Aria?” Sunset interrupted as her bright smile blinded Aria once again.

“Maybe tone the smile down a little bit first.” Aria said as she shielded her eyes. I need to invest in some glare-proof glasses Aria thought to herself as Sunset tried to contain herself.

“Apologies, but I’m just so happy do you have guests over for me to hang out with in a long time,” Sunset responded. “So where are you trying to say something?”

“Yeah, Could you please explain to me... HOW DID YOU AFFORD THIS MANSION LOOKING CASTLE!?” Aria shouted at the top of her lungs.

Sunset was taken back by this, as she began to feel very uncomfortable around Aria. “Well, my mom inherited some money from my grandparents and she made some smart investments, but that’s the short version and I kinda wanna leave it at that.” Sunset said with a sad tone in her voice

Great going, knucklehead. You just had to ruin her mood Aria thought to herself as she placed her hand on Sunset’s shoulder.

“Sorry Sunset, I never mean to make you uncomfortable about that question, it’s just so surreal. This mansion literally looks like a castle from one of those princess movies.” Aria said to Sunset with a smile.

Sunset softly smiled back, “I understand you have nothing to apologize for.” Sunset said. “I still remember how overwhelmed I was when me and my mom moved in here all those years ago.”

“I can probably imagine but I didn’t get invited just so you can feel bad about the past, I’m here for the best sleepover ever!” Aria said with excitement in her voice. “So let’s head to your room, get things setup for when Vinyl gets here and get this sleepover on the road!”

Sunset smiles began to shine brightly as it grew bigger as she grabbed Aria’s arm to drag her down the hall. “I couldn’t have said it better myself, although we’re not going to use my room. We are actually going to be using one of the spare living rooms for our night of fun!” Sunset explains as she leads the way.

“Awes- wait what?” Aria responded with a confused look on her face as Sunset turned the corner and stopped in front of two big doors.

"Here we are, where our night of fun will take this!" Sunset said as she opened the doors as Aria's jaw dropped, she saw the size of the "living room".

The room was big and close to hold at least thirty people. The room had almost everything needed for a party. From a huge television with two movie-like speakers, sofas big & large enough to sleep on, and a large round table with twelve chairs.

I really need to buy shades

Out of the corner of Aria's eyes, she noticed the most impressive feature in the whole room."Sunset... Is that a mini-bar?" Aria asked as pointed at the mini bar complete with five bar stools, a few glass cups on three shelves and a huge fridge behind the counter.

"Yeah, unfortunately that's the only negative thing about this room, thankfully I replaced the leftover alcohol from a previous party with extra water, juice, milk, and soda for tonight." Sunset responded with a smile and Aria looked at her as excitement began to fill her face.

"A negative thing?! That is so awesome as well as this whole room! I can't wait to see Vinyl's reaction when she gets here!" Aria responded back as she finally got over her shock and is now hyped for this sleepover to begin.

Sunset let out a chuckle as she shook her head at her new BFF's excitement, which she had just a few short minutes ago, when she suddenly heard her phone go off. "Hello? Hey Vinyl, you here?" Sunset answered as she waited for Vinyl's response on the phone. "That's exactly what Aria said when her sister dropped her off here. Hang tight I'll be right out." Sunset said as she hung up her phone.

"Vinyl's here, I'm going to get her. You go ahead and make yourself comfortable and once I come back, we can finally have some fun!" Sunset said. It's all happy as she ran to get Vinyl.

I wonder how Vinyl is going to react to this room, after she gets over the fact that we're basically inside a castle? Aria thoughts are herself as she began to make yourself feel at home

Aria smiled as she began to unpack and set up the food, Starlight had made for the sleepover which turned out to be mac and cheese with chicken tenders mixed in.

Man, I can't believe how crazy and eventful this week has been Aria thought to herself as she began to unpack and set up her sleeping bag and pillow as well as pulling out her spare clothes.

From meeting Sunset and becoming her first friend, to a string of bad luck with the other students and Cranky to befriending Vinyl in one day to now having a sleepover in a freaking Castle! Aria continued as a small blush began to appear on her face.

And of course, I can't forget running into a real life angel, that is Fluttershy Aria sighs heavenly as she tries not to have another nose bleed as naughty thoughts appear in her head. She snaps out of her thoughts and wipes the blood off her nose before she could cause another panic.

After a couple of seconds, she heard footsteps approaching the room as she turned to Sunset to return with Vinyl who was carrying her bags.

"Your place is much bigger than mine". Vinyl said as she looks around the room. Aria was in visible confusion when Vinyl sounded like this was normal for her.

"Something wrong?" Sunset asked Aria.

"You sound like this is normal for you". Aria said to Vinyl and the DJ realizes what she meant.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you that I live in a mansion but it's not like a castle". Aria Blaze felt like she was hit by a ton of metal bars on top of her head when she had learned that her friends were rich. She sat down on a huge sofa as her brain is failing miserably to process this new information. She was mumbling a different language and was holding her head. The both can tell what language their friend was speaking but they need to calm Aria down.

"Oh dear I think we broke Aria, this is like the third time she's had this expression on her face." Sunset said with a concerned tone in her voice as she and Vinyl looked at Aria.

"Aria? Yo girl, if you can hear me, take a deep breath and then let it all out." Vinyl said as she rubs Aria's back to try to relax her and bring her back into reality.

Vinyl's breathing technique had for a few seconds and Aria began to compose herself while she started to process the new info about Vinyl. Sunset handed her a glass of water. "Feeling better?" Sunset asked as Aria chugged the water.

"I'm good. Sorry for the scare, I just can't believe my new bffs are secretly rich. This sleepover hasn't even started and I've already had some unbelievable moments." Aria said with a nervous laugh as she scratched the back of her head.

Sunset was happy to see Aria finally smiling & back to normal, as well as Vinyl, but she had a confused look on her face. "Really? Me being secretly rich?" Vinyl said. "I get not knowing Sunset being rich due to everyone at school respecting her private life."

"Out of fear" Sunset added in a quiet tone that Aria didn't catch as Vinyl continued. "But my bro is one of the best DJs in music right now with seven albums and top-hit albums, three of them reaching platinum!" Vinyl finished as Aria had a sheepish look on her face.

"Well, to be fair, I don't follow the lives of celebrities I like and I didn't know you were his sister till Trixie mentioned it after our detention session, but now that you are bringing it up, I should've realized that you're rich at the start." Aria said as she let out another nervous laugh.

Vinyl chuckled as she patted Aria's back. "No sweat girl, I get ya. I don't really have that 'rich girl' personality, same with Sunset. Besides, I blame her for shattering your mind in the first place."

"HEY!" Sunset yelled with her face all flustered as Vinyl and Aria shared a laugh at Sunset's expense, before she joined in and laughed as well.

As the girls begin to calm down from laughing, Vinyl heads towards her backpack as she begins to search through it. “Alright girls, if we’re going to get this sleepover started, we’re gonna need some music to kick it off!” Vinyl said as she continued to look through her backpack.

“Good idea Vinyl, I’ll pick out some games and movies from one of the closest over there. Aria will you help me out?” Sunset responded as she headed towards one of the huge closed doors.

“Sure, let me just mentally prepare myself for the hundreds of games and movies you have in there.” Aria joked as she followed Sunset. The goddess giggled at her best friend's joke which made Aria's heart flutter a little.

Sunset opened the closed door and as Aria predicted, there were in the movies and games that would keep the most loneliest person in the world entertained for months.

“Pick anything you want here, Aria. You’re one of my guests of honor so you should have the choice to pick what movies and what games we should play.” Sunset said as she stepped back to let Aria pick.

Aria begins to browse through the game first as she ponders at her choice. There was everything from board games, chest, and the interactive games, then her eyes widened as she spotted her first choice, a simple deck of cards.

A wicked smile on Aria’s face as she grabbed it. Heh, sorry girls. I know you didn’t mean to blow my mind with your awesome private life, but I do need some payback. Aria thought to herself as she began to pick random board games, so Sunset wouldn’t get suspicious.

Trixie is going to be so proud of me!

Just as she was about to look at all the movies, a loud music began to play in the background, startling both her and Sunset as they turned around to see vinyl holding up her iPod connected to a small speaker box.

“Heck yeah! Now we can jam and groove all night baby!” Vinyl said as she began to bop her head in rhythm with the music. Sunset chuckled at Vinyl’s antics as Aria rolled her eyes with a smile and looked back at the movie selection.

Before Aria could browse any of her favorite movies that are on the shelf of movie collections, she heard Sunset call her name.

“Yes Sunset?” Aria asked as she turned to face Sunset. “I was just curious about the young woman that was there with your sister earlier, was she the one called Trixie you mentioned earlier?” Sunset answered with a question of her own.

Aria nodded back as she answered back. “Yep, that was her. Miss Trixie Lulamoon, The next big thing in magic and illusions as well as the love of my sister’s life!”

Sunset smiled as she began to jump up and down a bit. “I thought that was her! She has become quite a rising star these past couple of years, I’ve always wanted to see her shows, but something for certain someone usually gets in the way at the last minute.” Sunset said to Aria, hoping she did not hear that little mutter near the end.

"I'll talk to her about giving you guys VIP tickets to her show since she's my sister's girlfriend after all". Aria confidently said it made Sunset shine brighter than the sun and covers her eyes immediately.

Both of them went back to Vinyl, who was jamming to the music as Aria had placed the movies she picked and the games they're going to watch and play. Sunset and Vinyl look at the deck of cards, Aria on the other hand looked back at their friend who has this winning determination on her face.

"How about we having a friendly game of poker and whoever losses gets to buy the winner's lunch tomorrow?" Aria smirked when both of her friends agreed. She opens the box and starts shuffling the cards. A few seconds later, they formed a circle and Aria gave five cards each, including herself. She put two cards each in their side and the battle had begun.

"Darn! I got nothing!" Vinyl complained as she and Sunset had picked the two cards that were in front of them.

"Me too". Aria smirks and places her card in the middle with shocked friends.

"Royal Flush".

"WHAT?!" Sunset and Vinyl shouted as they saw Aria had won.

"Guess you guys will be buying me lu-"

"I want a rematch!" Aria was taken back a little when she saw Sunset is now angry. She smirks and gets the cards that they have used to shuffle it again.

"Okay then". She gives them five cards and two in front of them.

Vinyl sighs and tells Aria that she folds since she has no pair. Sunset was determined to win but Aria puts down her cards in the middle indicating she had won again.

"Four of a kind".

It was an hour since they had started the game, Sunset and Vinyl's hair were a mess when their friend kept winning the game.

"Full house". Aria said as she puts her cards in the middle.

"COME ON!!" Sunset yelled as she punched the floor and Vinyl threw her glasses across the room in anger.

"HOW ARE WE GOING TO WIN THIS DARN GAME?!" Vinyl asked Sunset and Aria who was whistling innocently as she shuffled the cards again.

"We can all just calm down and admit that you had lo-"

"NEVER!" Aria gulps nervously and starts the game again. A few minutes later....

"Pair," Arias said as she shows her cards to her friends. Sunset and Vinyl went crazy as Aria had won again.

"Gu-Guys! I can explain everything!" This caught their attention and went in front of her, glaring at her which made Aria nervous.

"I kinda... cheated".

"WHAT!" Aria picks up the cards and looks at them.

"I have my own shuffle technique. Trixie taught me since she keeps winning against my sister in this game". She starts to shuffle the cards and her friends are watching her. She was so fast that they didn't notice she secretly had put her possible cards in the middle.

"I put all of my possible cards in the middle in order for me to win".

"No wonder why you were last to have cards!" Vinyl said in awe.

"Yeah, I thought I got a little payback for you girls constantly shattering my mind in the pieces, even though it wasn't intentional," Aria said with a nervous chuckle.

I regretted it now

Suddenly, Sunset stands up and stares down at Aria with an intense glare that made Aria gulp in fear. "Aria, I do not condone cheating at all and because you cheated, Vinyl and I should not have to buy you lunch.... however we will both let it slide on one condition," Sunset said in a strong firm voice.

"And what would that be?" Aria responded back as fear began to take over.

"You... have to perform as a magic trick show for me and Vinyl!" Sunset said a bright smile appeared on her face.

"What!?"

"Oh yeah, that way it would be all even between us, plus I've always been curious about what other tricks you know from Trixie" Vinyl said with excitement.

"I won't do it again, I promise". Aria raised her right hand and she was hugged by Vinyl and Sunset. She was so shocked that she didn't know if she would return it or not. She smiled and slowly hugs them back. They broke off the hug and they all sat down in their spot.

"Okay, let's see..." Aria thinks about what trick she would be doing for her friends. She snaps her fingers and a lot of flowers come out of nowhere.

"Whoa!" Aria smiled and stood up. She shows her sleeve and pulls out so many handkerchiefs which still amazes them.

After an hour of magic tricks, they were getting ready for bed. Aria yawned and went towards the door.

"I'm going to use the bathroom!" Aria said as she opens the door.

"I can guide you there". Sunset said as she stood up from her spot.

"No need. You did give me a tour earlier". Aria left the room and starts to look for the bathroom.

Where is the bathroom again? I got distracted again!!

She uses her instincts and opens the door on the left. She opened the light and her eyes winded when she had realized she had opened the wrong door. It appears to be Sunset's room since it has her pictures in it. She gulps nervously and looks at the room where her friends were.

I shouldn't do this.... sorry, Sunset

She steps inside the room and closes it behind her. She looks around in awe of how Sunset's room was really beautiful and will organize her stuff. It was different from a girl's room. She has some motorbike posters, PostCrush posters, some action figures, video games, guitars, books. She has a desktop with two monitors and bike keys. Aria stops and saw something that caught her attention. It was a picture of Sunset with a girl who was wearing glasses. The girl looked like she went to Crystal Prep Academy. Aria's eyes winded as she had to recognize the girl in the picture.

"Th-That's.... Timber's girlfriend..." She walked towards it and saw something that was written on the picture.

I LOVE YOU, SUNNY!

"Twilight Sparkle is cheating on Timber?..." She saw the date that was signed under the message.

"This is the exact date that me and Starlight had moved to Canterlot City... Timber told me about this girl through the text that he and Twilight are together... could it be.... Twilight dated Sunset first before Timber.... Why would she break up with Sunset?" Aria shakes her head and closes the light before leaving Sunset's room.

I must protect Sunset from Twilight. I won't let anyone play her feelings