• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 910 Views, 45 Comments

Cheer You On - Artistkun



"If I Could Be The Wind Under Your Wings, To Watch You Soar So High Makes My Heart Sing" - Flash Sentry

  • ...
4
 45
 910

The friend she needs

Aria Blaze tightly clutches her pendant that her mom had given her a long time ago. She was in the school's garden so she could hide herself from everyone. She was on the ground, looking at the beautiful blue skies above her. She was really upset about what was happening lately earlier, with Fleur and Fluttershy fighting whenever she was around. Sunset and Twilight also did the same and she didn’t want to show her face to her friends. She didn’t want to risk getting close to Vinyl because she might cause her problems as well.

It happened half an hour since she ran away from Twilight and Sunset as well as Cranky's skipping class again in order to find peace and clear her mind from all the drama she was currently facing, only to fail as tears rolled down her face.

Was this what my Siren meant, when she said everyone will soon turn their backs on me? Because I'm making them fight each other? It would make sense... I apparently reignited some more hatred between Fluttershy and Fleur, when they're close to me... I... I must have reminded them of a happier time when they were close like sisters or something, before they separated and Twilight and Sunset are a no brainer...

Aria thought of wiping the tears off her face, but only new ones took them as she let out a frustrating sigh and held her pendant even tighter to the point where she could almost break it if she wanted to.

Why did I think it was a good idea for me to try to make those two get along again? Why didn't I just let Twilight be friends with me and make sure to stay away from Sunset till she was truly ready to forgive her? I... I... Failed Timber's promise. How can I keep her safe when I couldn't keep her from losing her temper on Sunset? And poor Sunset, she was so forgiving and willing to let Twilight not be a part of her life again, after she failed her... And yet I thought it was necessary for both of them to be friends again...

Aria closed her eyes and began to do some deep breathing to try to get rid of the negative thoughts that she was feeling. After a few seconds, she heard some footsteps and slowly approached her, till the footsteps stopped in front of her.

"A-Aria?"

Aria snapped her eyes wide open to see that Fleur was looking down on her with a sad look on her face. She quickly got off the ground and embraced her with a tight hug, knocking her and Fleur back to the ground.

Fleur's face had a bright red blush on it, due to the fact her beloved was on top for her. Before she can hug her back or say anything, however, she was in complete shock and her beloved buried her head into her chest and began to cry out for her feelings.

"My d-d-dear, wha-"

"I'M SORRY!" Aria shouted as she held Fleur even tighter.

"I'm so sorry! I'm the cause of you and Fluttershy always fighting each other! I never meant to be a headache or pain to you both! I don't understand why you two fight with each other but I do know why, it's because of me! I am so sorry that whatever happened between the two of you in the past, I'm the sole reason it's back in your lives! I've never meant to cause the two of you so much heartache! If you two don't want to be friends, that's okay but please! Please! Don't hate or leave me behind!"

Fleur had tears running down her face as she held Aria's head tightly, pushing her even further into her chest.

"Oh Aria, my beloved! I would never leave you, let alone hate you, because I can't! The moment I met you, I knew you were going to be someone very special in my life and no doubt you have lived up to that! You have never caused me any kind of pain and as far as I'm concerned you never will! I know you feel guilt for the fighting between me and Fluttershy, but I assure you and promise you, what is going on between me and her does not involve you! It's just bad timing and misunderstanding! So, please dry your tears and wash away the pain you're feeling because I'm sorry for making you cry, it's all my fault!"

The two stayed in the positions they were in, crying like there was no tomorrow as Fleur gently stroked the back of Aria's head, showing her nothing but love and support. A few minutes have passed, when their cries began to finally end as Fleur sat up off the ground and met Aria eye to eye.

"Better?"

"Y-Yeah... Better..." Aria responded as Fleur wiped the remaining tears off their faces.

"Did you mean all of those things that you said? That I'm special to you?" Fleur softly smiles and leans her head on her beloved's shoulder.

"Every word, my dear". Fleur cooed.

"You are special to me too". Fleur blushed and looked at Aria who was smiling at her.

"You're a very special friend to me". Fleur's heart was struck by an arrow that had the words friend zoned on it and she tried to keep her emotions stable.

"Yes, special friend... That's what I meant to." Aria was concerned, due to how she noticed Fleur struggle with her words and her left eye twitching.

"You okay, Fleur? You are really struggling to say that, you're getting sick, are you?"

"N-No! Of course not, I was just a little uhhhh, chili from the wind. I've been inside all day, so I haven't adjusted to the cold is all..." Fleur quickly explains to cover her minor frustration.

"Ahhh I see. I didn't think it was that cold, but then again I spent the last half an hour crying my eyes out, so I wouldn't have noticed the weather." Aria said, causing Fleur to frown.

"I see... Aria, my dear.... I promise you I'll never make you cry again..."

Fleur's eyes winded when Aria had put her forehead against her, which made Fleur's stomach do some flips and she was blushing really red from the touch.

"I know you won't," Aria pulls back and lays down again on the grass, watching the clouds moving a little.

Fleur proceeded to do the same as she laid close to Aria and held on to her arm as she proceeded to snuggle up to her.

The two were enjoying the cool air and the bright blue sky was in silence, to the point where Fleur let out a soft sigh as she was about to doze off until Aria finally spoke up.

"Hey Fleur?"

"Yes, my dear?" Fleur replied in a soft, quiet tone as she snuggled up to Aria even more.

Aria let out a gulp before taking a deep breath and looked straight at Fleur. "Why isn't... That you and Fluttershy can't seem to stay friendly or nice to each other whenever I'm around or not?"

Fleur wasn't expecting to hear that question as she looked back into Aria with a stunned look on her face.

"O-Oh ummm, I hmmm.... I don't think now is the best time to talk about it." Aria frowned as Fleur sat up and began to point at the clouds in the air. "So what do you think of that cloud out right there? It looks like a flower or maybe a tire. Oh I know it actu-"

"Fleur..." Aria interrupted her as she set up as well and gently grabbed both of her hands with her.

"I understand that it's a touchy subject... I can't stand you two yell at each other and fight a lot... I want to help fix this, to help both of you become good friends or if you two are once friends and I want to help you fix that bridge you too once had..."

Aria paused for a split-second as she quickly wiped off a tear off her cheek, then she took another deep breath before continuing.

"But... I can't do that, until you least tell me why you fight with her. Fleur, please.... Tell me, so I can understand... Please..."

Fleur felt tears threaten to leave her eyes as she stared to Aria's eyes and into her soul, like a mother would with her child as she struggled to speak, due to her being conflicted.

Oh Aria, my beloved... I wish I could tell you why, but I don't want to ruin my confession for you like this! If only there was a way I could cover up the truth and be honest with you as well... Unless...

At that moment, an idea popped into Fleur's mind as she carefully began to formulate her words carefully, before taking a deep breath of her own and began to speak.

"The truth is, for me that is. The reason I would start my arguments and fight with Fluttershy is because... You remind me how much happier time when I was loved and showered with appreciation and warmth." Fleur finally answered as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What do you mean?" Aria asked as she wiped Fleur's tears with her thumb.

"I came from a family that barely even knew I existed. They aren't disappointed at me though, my parents were just busy with their work that.... they didn't have time for me. I tried getting their attention but they ignored me or signaled me to go away. The time they only notice me is that when it's my birthday and the holidays." Fleur sadly said as she nuzzles her beloved's neck.

"Oh Fleur, I'm so sorry to hear that, but what does that have to do with me or Fluttershy?" Aria asked as she was puzzled and saddened by Fleur's reveal.

"Well, before they became obsessed with their work and business, they were such loving and caring parents. When I was younger, they were always there when I needed them, when I was hurt or when I wanted love and attention... Then their work started to become their main objective and like I said, they just ignored me... I miss having that family bond we once had to the point where it hurts to see everyone else enjoying time with their families... Then..."

"Then what?"

"You came into my life," Fleur replied with a loving smile on her face as Aria had a confused look on her face.

"Me? What did I do?" Fleur chuckled as boop Aria's nose.

"It's hard to explain, but your presence has given me the same amount of joy and happiness I once had with my parents. Your hugs remind me of love and warmth and have a gap with my mother, whenever we bonded over anything from shopping at the mall or dancing at the karaoke club."

Aria blushes a bit at the thought of her hugs that would remind someone of a happy time with their mom. "So I can remind you of your mom with my hugs... Anything I remind you of your dad?"

Fleur talked to yourself for a moment, until a smile appeared on her face. "Your laugh. He reminds me of all the sweet times, my father and I would always go out bowling and we would always celebrate whenever one of us got a strike... I miss all that, I wish they remember who they were and I forget about work for just one day. No holidays needed, and especially not my birthday, just a nice random day where we can do something together."

Aria frowned to see her friend so upset and depressed about her family as she embraced her with a hug.

"I'm really sorry that your family has given up on you in favor of work, I still don't understand why you fight with Fluttershy? Also, you have so many great friends on the cheerleading team, surely you have a great time hanging out with them before I came along, right?"

"Oh but, of course, my dear! I love those girls to death and so do they! They've made me so happy and they showed me so much love, sense we've all joined and became cheerleaders! From Pinkie's crazy and lovable antics, all the way to Alizarin and Orange's adorable cuteness as a couple, they all mean so much to me and I'm so glad to have them in my inner circle.... but something was still missing". Fleur said as she places her hand to where her heart is.

"What is it? Maybe I can give it to you!" Aria said with determination on her face which makes her even cuter. Fleur smiled and boops Aria's nose again.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready, my dear". Aria nods her head and hugs Fleur because she felt like she needed a hug from her friend.

"The reason why me and Fluttershy fight is ... well it's because she was taking the only happiness that I had ... the only reason why I feel that I have a purpose in life. I thought that if she took you away, I would get back to my ordinary life that I never liked. I really sounded selfish saying this to you". Aria sighs and pats Fleur's head for comfort.

"You were never selfish, Fleur. I was the same as you but Fluttershy would never do that. Maybe if you two become friends then it won't feel like I'm being taken away from you... just give her a chance". Fleur thought for a moment before hugging back.

"I'll try..."

"Thank you, Fleur. Remember that I'll always be there for you when you needed a friend". Fleur smiled and both of them hugged with all the silence around them. Aria perked up when she heard chanting from afar, which alerted Fleur as well.

"I hear something". Aria said. It made both of them stand up.

"I did too, we should check it out". Aria nods her head and grabs Fleur's hand so that they could get there in time.


"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

"That's what you get for making our goddess cry, NERD!"

Aria Blaze and Fleur De Lis were pushing their way to the front to see what the fight was all about.

"What is going on he- *gasp* Twilight!?" Aria yelled at the top of her lungs as she rushed to help out her little nerd off the ground while pushing away her assaulter.

As Aria helped Twilight back to her feet, she got a good look at her and noticed just how much of a messy Twilight look. With tears rolling down her eyes, her hair was no longer in its ponytail style as it was ruffled up pretty badly, and to top it all off, her hand was bloody in an attempt to hold the blood coming out of her nose.

"A-Aria? Y-You came?"

"Yeah... I did..."

Aria was seething in anger to see her friend bloody up and shaking in fear as she held her tightly while making direct eye contact with the attacker. The attacker felt chills coming out of her spine as Aria had glared at her, she could see Aria's eyes had turned red and she had this predator energy around her, like she was protecting her mate. Aria Blaze removes her jacket and uses it as a towel to wipe Twilight's bloody nose. After that, she puts her jacket on Twilight's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Twi. No more harm will come to you anymore today." Aria pats her friend's head before looking back to the attacker, who was shaking in fear.

"You... You got some freaking nerve to hurt Twilight like that! She is such a sweet and innocent little thing and yet you decide she's worth punching for some really stupid and pointless reason!"

"S-stupid reason!? That little brat came to us and bluntly admitted that she made our Goddess cry!" Twilight's attacker responded, trying to act bravely towards Aria. "I couldn't let her get away with that! As the president of our newly found fan club of Sunset, I foresee it for myself to administer the punishment."

Aria scoffed at what she was hearing from the girl as she took a good look at her. She was about 2 inches shorter than she had bright blue eyes in an unusual hairstyle that started off grayish red before ending pure white.

"President, huh? And just who exactly are you? Cuz' I have never seen you before, unless you're one of those students that like to hide and wait to start drama for fun."

The girl took a step back and said she was offended as she tried to return a glare back to Aria. "I'm Vignette Valencia and I have a very busy schedule! As mentioned, I'm the president of our School's Goddess as well as in charge of the school's blog site and a member of the school's Photo Club! I'm basically a triple threat because I can make or break people out of a simple post or photo!"

Aria rolled her eyes at that statement as she proceeded to escort Twilight to safety and handed her over to Fleur, who immediately held her like she was baby Yoda. Aria could see the pain in her best friend's eyes which made the urge to cry with her but decided to keep it to herself.

"Aria, watch out!" Fleur shouted which made Aria look back and saw Vignette was about to hit her but someone took the hit instead and Aria saw a familiar violet shade glasses fall on the floor, it was really cracked. Everyone gasped and Vignette took a step back with fear on her eyes.

"Vi-Vinyl?" Vinyl Scratch was glaring at Vignette with her ruby eyes which always mistaken her as a vampire.

"Aria, take Twilight to the nurse. You don't deserve another drama after all that had happened to you. Let me take care of this".

Aria stood in shock and disbelief at how cold and quiet Vinyl spoke. It was like someone had flipped a switch and gone was the fun-loving DJ and now in its place was an apex predator ready to strike.

Aria shook her head as she began to approach her party friend while cracking her fists. "Vinyl, no! This girl crossed the line, hurting my Twilight! I'm the one that's gon-"

Aria was interrupted by Vinyl, who had put her hand in front of Aria's face without taking her eyes off the scared Vignette.

"Aria... Take Twilight away from her now! She needs you more now than ever." Aria felt a shiver run down her spine, due to how Vinyl was saying that in more of a threat rather than a request.

Having no other choice than to listen to her, Aria simply responded with a simple okay as she and Fleur quickly escorted Twilight away from the angry mob and headed straight for the nurse's office.

"Y-You! This isn't your business to be a part of and it sure wasn't that little white knight's business to get involved! S-So you yell... For... Her?"

Vignette was unable to finish her sentence as Vinyl slowly made her way towards her while the angry mob were too scared to stop Twilight from escaping or to intervene to help Vignette, due to the intensity oozing out of Vinyl and those piercing eyes of hers.

"Not my business? Anything that happens to my best friend is my business... And you princess, thought you have the right to attack her friend without any remorse and then had the audacity to attempt to sucker punch her when her back was turned... I have so many ways to make you pay for that..."

Vignette tried to back away as far as she could, until she bumped into one of the lockers as Vinyl stopped just mere inches away from her face.

"But I'm not going to do that, instead I'm going to show you a little mercy, so you better listen to what I have to say... if you or any one of these idiots surrounding us to try or do something to Aria or anyone close to her, well..."

Vinyl had an evil grin appear on her face as she leaned close to Vignette's ear and whispered the following.

"I wear those shades to hide my red eyes for a reason... And I'll make you find out, when your screams fill the air... Got it?"

Instead of answering, Vignette let out a horrifying scream as she pushed both Vinyl and the mob out of her way, running as far away as she can as fast as her legs could carry her.

The rest of the students all started Vinyl, who had walked back and picked up her damaged shades, inspecting them a little bit. After a few seconds of silence, Vinyl held her damaged shades above her as she turned to give a menacing glare at all the students surrounding her.

"If any of you want to try something stupid against me... Y'all have a chance the moment these shades hit the ground."

At that moment, she let go of the shades as they fell to the floor. All the students watched in fear as if the shades were falling in slow motion as it got closer to the ground.

Like a loud bang scaring a flock of birds, all the students scattered and ran for their lives, pushing each other out of the way the very moment the shades hit the floor, leaving Vinyl the only one alone in the hallway.

"Heh guessed no one was stupid enough," Vinyl said with a smirk on her face as she began to head in the opposite direction to where her friends went off to, satisfied with her actions.


"It hurts, Aria!"

"Just tease it a little. It will feel good once you tease it".

"B-But it hurts!"

"Would you two stop?! Keep it PG!" Aria was holding Twilight a little tight so that she would feel secure while Nurse Redheart was cleaning Twilight's injuries with alcohol.

"Sorry Redheart, but I can't help myself. Twilight being so squirmy is just so funny." A laughing Aria responded, while Twilight blushed in embarrassment.

"I know Aria but Miss Sparkle really isn't in the mood to be teased like this, especially since you have to hold her down like a child waiting to be vaccinated." Redheart responded back as she put the finishing touches on cleaning up Twilight's injuries.

It had been a few short minutes since Aria had gone to Twilight to safety from the angry mob thanks to Vinyl. During that time, Fleur had left the two alone with the nurse, due to her not wanting to be late for the last class of the day.

"Heh, sorry again and to you, Twi." Aria said, giving Twilight a sheepish grin, who gave her a smile back.

"It's all right, Aria, I know you're jus- Ouch! Just trying to lighten the mood after everything I've done to you and Sunset as well as dealing with that 'fan club' she apparently has now." Twilight responded, while still getting stung by the alcohol from Redheart.

"Yeah, what a bunch of freaks those guys are. I mean who could be that obsessed with someone to the point where they worship the ground they walk around like that?" Aria said in annoyance.

Both Twilight and Redheart both shook their heads simultaneously, while giving Aria a "really" look as Aria began to rant about the group.

"She can't be serious about that, right? While it's at a different level, she kind of has that same obsession with Fluttershy!"

"And don't forget, that both Ms. Shy and Ms. de Lis have this obsessive rivalry going on for her and she doesn't even really notice!"

Twilight and Redheart whispered to each other not to offend Aria and at the same time kept the truth hidden from her.

"Why are you guys whispering to each other?" The student and nurse were startled as Aria had finished her rant.

"Oh, huh? Twilight here was just telling me about Vinyl giving you girls the opportunity to escape, right?" Redheart quickly answered with a nervous tone as Twilight looked at her flabbergasted. Aria shrugs it off and continues to hold her best friend.

Aria felt really bad for not staying on Twilight's side, like Sunset had done to her. She buried her face on Twilight's head while Nurse Redheart was cleaning her best friend's injuries. Aria found it a little cute when Twilight was whimpering like a dog but feeling really bad at the same time.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone.... I think that maybe if you leave, the problem will go away... Timber's going to get my butt when he finds out about this". Twilight frowns and carefully wipes Aria's tears away.

"You're wrong, Aria. I let my past get the best of me. It's just that Sunset gets to help others including me, it feels so unfair and obvious that she doesn't care about me". Aria held Twilight's hand and both of them are staring at each other's eyes with warmth.

"Twilight. I may not know much about Sunset, but seeing her with no friends is all the explanation I need. If I'm correct, she looks like she doesn't know how to love someone, maybe all of her excuses from the past are true". Aria said as Nurse Redheart left her office that the two will have a alone time.

"You did tell me that you were her first friend. I mess up, didn't I?" Twilight started to cry and buried her face on Aria's shoulder. Aria Blaze couldn't do much but to be here for her weeping friend.

"We all make mistakes, Twily.... I couldn't fix mine for a very long time and sometimes it takes time, there's no rush". Aria said in a soft tone in her voice.

"You sound so wise, when you say that... Like you've walked a mile in my shoes or something..."

"Well I... I haven't always been the girl that I am today... I don't feel comfortable talking about it now, but I have committed so many horrible things and... I still feel like I haven't fixed all those mistakes I've done." Aria replied with sad expression.

"Is it okay if you tell me your story?" Twilight asked. This made Aria uncomfortable because she couldn't tell her past. Not yet, not now.

"I'm sorry, Twilight, but I can't...".

"I understand... I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with that subject".

"It's fine and thanks for understanding, Twily. I promise I'll tell you one day, my past." Aria said as Twilight started to have a giggle fit, which made Aria raise her left eyebrow.

"What's so funny? Did I say something weird?" Twilight shook her head as she tried to calm down to no avail.

"No, no, sorry... It's just that's the second time you've called me Twily. The only other person to ever call me that was my brother. So it's kind of funny to hear someone else finally call me that, besides him." Twilight responded as her giggle fit continued, causing Aria to chuckle back as well.

"Really? Just your bro calls you that? No one else?" Twilight shook her head again as her giggles started to die down.

"Nope!" Twilight said with a smile. "He always joked about that nickname belonging to him, just say, because when I was just a baby growing up, he couldn't say my full name properly, because he had some weird gap between his teeth, so he just called me Twily." Twilight finish as Aria chuckled even more.

"Wow, the poor guy must have been teased a lot for that. Hope I get to meet him soon, I would love to tease him for a little." Aria said with an innocent smirk.

"If you do meet him, don't take it too far with the teasing. He's always been sensitive when they were anybody in the family and reveals something embarrassing about him. I remember one time, one of my uncles teased him about the time he had a terrible date, to the point where my brother had enough and gave them a ticket for harassing an officer," Twilight responded, causing Aria to be confused and nervous.

"You're brother's a cop?" Aria nervously asked.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" Twilight curiously asked which Aria shakes her head.

"N-Not at a-all!" Aria Blaze pats her friend's head which made Twilight relax.

Suddenly a loud bang filled the small room as the girls jolted in surprise, causing Twilight to wrap her arms around Aria's torso, while Aria was holding her friend's shoulder for protection. The door had been opened to reveal a woman with white and purple hair, wearing an attire that authors usually wear, she resembles Twilight so much.

"Are you okay, sweethear-" The woman's eyes winded in shock when she saw Aria Blaze.

"Ariana?"

Aria Blaze couldn't believe what she was seeing right now. It's like she had seen a ghost for the first time. Twilight Sparkle looks at Aria and the woman in confusion but decides to introduce her friend to the woman.

"Oh! Aria, this is my mo-"

"M-Mrs. Velvet?"