• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 903 Views, 45 Comments

Cheer You On - Artistkun



"If I Could Be The Wind Under Your Wings, To Watch You Soar So High Makes My Heart Sing" - Flash Sentry

  • ...
4
 45
 903

1st day, on My Own - Part II

Aria Blaze slowly opens her eyes and she blocks it a little due to the light that was shining above her. She starts to feel the pain from that shot to the head by that volleyball. Aria rubs her forehead and tries to clear her mind.

"What happened?... My head hasn't been in this much pain since I hit the neighbor's car side mirror after that stray cat tripped me during my parkour run."

Then she begins to notice that she is in a different room and no longer in the gym with blurry eyes to try to adjust her vision again. She asks "where the heck am I? Is this heaven? Oh no, I'm not ready to join my parents!!"

"You're in the nurse's office. I brought you here after I spiked that ball straight towards you," said a calming relaxing voice. Her eyes widened as she recognized that sweet and angelic voice. She quickly came to her sense and saw Fluttershy looking at her with concern. Her nose bleeds a little and shakes her head.

"Ar-Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked.

Aria Blaze quickly covers up her nose bleed and begins to breathe heavily as she realizes she's in the room alone with Fluttershy.

"I uhmm....yo-uhm you.... Hey me....I mean- uhh! Why is this so hard!" Aria trying to say actual words to come out of her mouth but her stuttering continues to get worse. She couldn't talk straight to the angel.

Way to go, Blaze. Now she might think I'm a weirdo

"Oh my goodness! The impact is worse than I thought it would be! I'm going to get the nurse, stay in the bed and please don't move!" Fluttershy said with fear of now taking over her voice as she rushes to the door.

Just before she can reach the door handle, a loud voice startled her. "Wait, wait! I'm okay, I just lost my voice for a split second! Please don't go!"

She turned back to see Aria, now sitting up in bed on her knees and reaching her hand out the angel dramatically like she was going to lose the girl. Fluttershy could tell by her tired facial expression, she was finally composing herself after that outburst.

"O-Okay". Fluttershy sat back on her chair and Aria fixed her position on the bed. There was awkward silence going on between them as both of them were trying to think about what to talk about. Both of them synchronously sigh and look at each other. Their eyes sparkled as both of them made eye contact with each other.

"Why were you at the gym? You look pretty exhausted when you enter." Fluttershy finally got the words that she wanted to say to the new kid. Aria deeply sighed. She wasn't comfortable in sharing her thoughts with people other than her friends but this is Fluttershy... she can be trusted.

"I got lost because I wasn't thinking straight. Some of the people here were spreading bad rumors about me to others and I'm afraid that no one would want to be friends with me on the first day. So much for a good first impression". Aria sadly said. She felt Fluttershy's hand touched her shoulder and Aria tried everything in her power not to freak out but she couldn't hide her blush. She couldn't tell the main reason why she was lost in the endless hallways.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Aria." Fluttershy said what a sad look on her face. "I've actually heard some of those things that were said about you by a few of them that are currently in the gym. I told some of them to stop saying those things, otherwise I'll tell the coach to give them harder exercises but some just won't learn. I know it's not much considering some students outside of the gym are still saying some hurtful things about you but I hoped a little damage control would help."

"Hey I appreciate it, Fluttershy. That's probably the sweetest thing I've had to do for me, although I don't think that the coach can do anything to stop a little gossip from other students though," Arias said with a grateful tone.

"Oh you'd be surprised what the captain on the volleyball team can say to get the coach on my side. Don't worry, I got this," Fluttershy confidently replied.

"Yeah I guess a little persuasion can't hu- wait..... Who's the captain of the volleyball team?" Aria said confused

"Oh, that will be me of course." Fluttershy said with a smile that made Aria's jaw drop.

"What?! You?! Huh?!" Aria couldn't believe what the angel had said to her. This was a new information for her.

Fluttershy giggled cutely as she thought how cute the new kid's reaction and this made Aria blush a little. "Of course! Look at the end of my name on my back and you'll see the captain symbol on it," Fluttershy said as she turned her back to show Aria and the new kid smelled Fluttershy's hair when she turned around. It smelled heavenly.

Aria struggles within her power not to glance and stare at Fluttershy's but being shown off in her tight shorts as she looks at her back to Fluttershy's name and the number "13" on the back of a jersey. As Fluttershy mentions, something that was printed on the back of her uniform. There is a small capital "C" at the end of her name inside a small square.

Wow, she really is the team captain, that's so awesome and what a great but- No, No! Bad Aria! She's showing her back to you with trust, not stare at her butt!! Aria tries to shake those thoughts out of her head.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy said with small concern as she turned back around to face Aria. "You seem kind of quiet?"

"Me? Yeah I'm fine, I was ummmm.... hmmm... uhhhh surprise you have number 13 as jersey number considering that a lot of people find that number as a sign of bad luck, that's all." Aria said. She's trying to hide a real reason for her silence.

"Oh that?" Fluttershy said with a chuckle. "I don't really believe in superstitions that much. All players regardless of any sports team are allowed to pick their own numbers freely."

"And you pick number 13 on purpose?" Aria said all confused.

"Well, this will sound really silly but I secretly like horror movies and Friday the 13th is my favorite horror series" Fluttershy said with a small blush appearing on her face which Aria thought it was cute. Fluttershy's eyes winded when she saw blood coming out of Aria's nose and it seems that the new kid didn't even feel it.

"AHHH!! YOUR NOSE IS BLEEDING!" Fluttershy panicked and quickly searched for tissues.

Aria Blaze accidentally stared at Fluttershy's bombs and quickly looked away as Fluttershy finally found some tissues. She gently wipes off the blood from the new kid's nose and this makes Aria blush. A few seconds later, the nurse came back and asked what had happened. Fluttershy told Nurse Redheart everything and she gave Aria a nurse's note so that she could show it to her teacher. They both left the office after they said goodbye to Nurse Redheart. Aria watched Fluttershy as she was walking in the opposite direction. She clenches her fist and sighs deeply making her decision. Fluttershy stops and turns around to see Aria running towards her. The new kid stop in front of the angel and stare at each other for a while.

"I-I.... I...."

"Hmmm?" Fluttershy tilts her head in confusion trying to understand what Aria is about to say. Aria sighed and rubs her arm shyly.

"I hope you have a great day in practice, Fluttershy". Aria softly smiled which made Fluttershy smile as well.

"And I hope those students won't mess with you, Aria". Both of them went to their separate ways. Aria Blaze was a little upset that she couldn't even make a normal conversation with the angel, while Fluttershy was blushing about how cute Aria looked.


"I know you're new here but that doesn't mean that you get to be late in my class!"

Aria Blaze is awkwardly standing in front of her math teacher, scolding her for being late, which made the others laugh and some had smirks on their faces, looking like they have another rumor to spread. She sighs and shoves her hands in her pocket, looking away in shame. Her math teacher's name is Cranky Doodle. He is wearing a simple outfit of an ugly brown vest with a white long sleeve shirt underneath and with a bow tie, black pants and grey shoes. Everyone could tell he was wearing a wig because his baldness was visible.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Cranky, but I was at the nurse's office be-"

"That's what they all say. Now take a seat so that I could continue with today's topic".

His in my most hated teachers list now. I'm putting him in number 1 since he is rude

Aria Blaze starts to walk over to the empty sit on the back to sit down near the window and settles in. She notices how most of her classmates are staring at her and what's smug looks on our faces.

Just ignore them, Aria. You fought back rumors spreading jerks before you can do it again. You're going to start a new life in this school. Do it for Fluttershy, do it for Sunset, and most of all, do it for Starlight

Mr. Cranky then continues with his lesson so that he could calm down from being angry at the new kid. Aria begins to think about the two most good things that have happened to her, so as to take her mind off all the negativity she's been receiving from the students.

My first day here is no doubt the most interesting, I've had that day in a long time! Aria couldn't focus on what Mr. Cranky was saying. A lot of interesting things had happened to her today which made her happy, except for the others spreading rumors about her.

Oh man, where do I start? Sunset became my first friend and her bright smile, that literally can brighten up the room and make everyone blind to meeting the perfect angel that was fallen from the sky for a mission

Aria thought of that last part she mentioned with a blush on her face. She had this goofy smile on her face when she continues to talk to her mind. I think they're going to be my reasons for keeping my cool together, I just hope I don't lose my cool when jerks start talking behind my back and spreading rumors, thinking it was a cool thing to do.

"Ms. Blaze, would you kindly answer the equation on the board?" Mr. Cranky asked and noticed that she wasn't even paying attention to him. This made him a bit angry.

I could get lost to her beautiful angelic smile. No wonder why she's the most popular girl on campus. She and Sunset are the perfect definition of flawless. I wonder what's the next amazing thing about her? Riding a skateboard and knowing how to do tricks? Now that would be awesome

"Ms. Blaze?"

Would Sunset be cool if I told her that she and I could have a sleepover? Starlight would be so happy that I made a new friend this ye-

Her thoughts were interrupted by a book that had slammed on her desk which made her jolted in surprise.

"SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!"

She fell backwards and everyone laughed at her while Cranky Doodle was ready to choke her. Aria immediately gets up from the floor and stares at the teacher with a look of shock and disbelief.

"What the heck was that for?? I didn't do anything wrong!" Aria shouted at Mr. Cranky, still not believing that he did that.

"You have been blatantly ignoring me as I was calling your name to answer the question on the board several times, Ms. Blaze!" Mr. Cranky shouted back at her.

"Not my fault you were so boring!"

"How dare you speak to me like that!"

"How dare you slam your book in my desk!" The fight was really tense and students were recording the whole thing to break Aria's reputation.

"Does your parents even teach you manners, young lady?!"

"Did your mother teach you not to be so cranky all the time? I don't think so!" Everyone gasped in horror when they heard Aria's words that had come out of her mouth.

"Oh and another thing, Mr. Cranky. You're mad at me for being late well the reason I was late because I was at the nurse's office because a ball was hit on my face but your stubbornness and grumpy attitude towards me. Here's my nurse's pass to prove I was there!" She pulls out the nurses note and presses it hard to his shoulder. He looks at it for a while and still glares at here angrily.

Both had a brief stare down, before Aria took a deep breath to try to compose herself. "Look, I am sorry that was distracted, bu-"

"You better be sorry! New kids like you from a more prestigious school always cause problems for us here in Canterlot High!" Cranky angrily said, interrupting Aria's apology. The new kid looks down in shame and the rest of the students are smirking.

"I'm so-"

"DETENTION!"

"What?! You can't do this to me!" Aria Blaze couldn't believe what she was hearing right now. Detention in the first day? Now, Aria would be in so much trouble when her sister discovers about this.

"Apparently I can," Mr. Cranky pointed to the door and Aria knew he meant that she would leave the class to go to the detention room.

"Leave". The new kid sighs and grabs her bag before leaving the class.

Everyone hates me here. I make things worst...


And I think this will get so much better after meeting up with Fluttershy and being friends with Sunset. Aria thought to herself as she reaches the end of the hallway to her destination.

She struggles to think how to explain this to her sister, Starlight Glimmer, who had high hopes for her when she was transferred to this new school.

I mess things up so bad. Starlight, would really kick me out for sure, even if she hasn't done that before. I'm sure she is going to be furious with me when she knows about this

Just before she opens the door, she thinks to herself again Well, I better serve my punishment

She opens the door and sees one of the staff trying to keep his head up due to him being sleepy as he turns to her and only one other student looking at the ceiling with her feet up on one of the desks and glasses covering her eyes

"I haven't seen you here before." Said the staff member with a tired and lazy voice.

"I'm new here" Aria replied.

"Shame that you're ending your first day here." Said the staff member.

"I didn't know that this would happen to me".

"Take a seat anywhere and wait till 5 to go home"

Aria Blaze goes to an empty chair next to the girl who appears to be asleep and decides to sit down next to the girl. Once sat down, Aria glances at the clock to see it read 2:27 p.m.

Welp this is going to be a long detention Aria thought to herself as she let off a groan of frustration.

As time flies by, Aria could only do a stare at the clock. She wanted to make a conversation with the girl next to her but it was pretty difficult to see if she was sleeping or not. Aria sighs and pulls out a coin from her pocket. She starts flipping the coin for a few seconds. She made the coin disappear out of thin air and jolted in surprise when she saw two hands slammed into her desk. She turned to her side and saw the girl was amazed.

"Where did the coin go?"

"Wh-What?"

"The coin? How did you make it disappear like that!" The mystery girl said with a shocked look on her face as she leans closer to Aria's face.

Aria feels a little uncomfortable with this girl being so close to her face. She quickly puts her hand behind the girl's ear and pulls out the coin.

"Right here!" Aria said in a hasty tone to get the girl away from her personal space. The girl stared in awe at the coin and looked at the new kid in happiness.

"You're so cool!" The new kid blushed a little when she was called cool. This was the first time anyone has ever complimented her.

"Do you want to see another coin trick?" Aria happily asked and the mysterious girl nods her head in approval. Aria Blaze started to do more coin tricks which never failed to put a smile on the girl's face. It was now 4:17, Aria was done with her tricks and looks at the girl.

"I'm Aria Blaze"

"You're the girl who looks like you were ready to pounce on someone?" Aria sighs and looks away, knowing where this is going.

"You heard?"

"Those jerks wanted attention. You're cool in my list. I'm Vinyl Scratch". The new kid looks back at Vinyl in shock when she saw her hand holding out for friendship.

"You want... to be friends with me?"

"Of course! Who wouldn't be?" Aria Blaze slowly smiles and shakes Vinyl's hand.

"How did you end up here?" Aria asked.

"Weeeellll...."

Flashback....

Vinyl Scratch was looking around the hallways to see no one in sight. She smirks and looks at the principal's door. It was lunch time and she knew the principal would be in the vice principal's office. She went in front of the door and tried to open it, and turned out it was locked.

That ain't keeping me down!

She pulls out some tools for picking locks and starts to work. A few seconds later, the door was unlocked and she was ready to go inside. She goes inside and closes the door before she locks it. Vinyl opened the lights and smirks as she saw the mic of the principal that was used for announcements.

Bingo was his name!

She sits down at the principal's chair and pulls out her DJ set from her backpack. She puts it on the table and turns on the mic.

"GOOD AFTERNOON, THIS IS DJ PON-3,COMING LIVE IN CANTERLOT HIGH SCHOOL! I'M READY TO DROP THE BEAT!" She puts on her headphones starts the music. Everyone in school started to dance wildly as they heard the music coming from the speakers. The teachers immediately went to their boss and the principal was furious.

Vinyl Scratch was enjoying the time of her life. She finally gets to share her music talent in school. She was a judge in her whole life. She wanted to be a DJ and her parents supported her, but her relatives didn't. They force her to change but it didn't stop her from becoming what she wants. There was a loud bang on the door and Vinyl was too busy to even notice and hear the bang.

"OPEN THIS DOOR!!!"


"THAT'S IT!!!"

The door cracked open and they saw Vinyl was the one spreading music all over the school. The DJ stopped and looks at the teacher, vice principal, and the principal. She confidently smiled and waved.

"Sup! Autographs are available!"

End of flashback....

"That is so brave of you!" Aria said in awe and Vinyl has a confident smile on her face.

"It was nothing. This isn't my first time in detention."

"This is actually my 56th time" Vinyl's glasses drop out of her face and look at Aria with eyes winded.

"Yep.... I am a horrible per-"

"This is my 94th time!" Both of them smiled and knew there would be an awesome friendship between them.

"Do you have any friends?" Vinyl asked.

"I'm friends with Sunset Shimmer".

"NO WAY! THE SCHOOL'S GODDESS OF FLAWLESS!"

"I know right!"

"I have been trying to be friends with her but I feel like someone was watching me and killing me in my sleep". Vinyl said it made Aria curious and confused.

"Someone's spying on you?"

"Not just me. Everyone actually wanted to be Sunset Shimmer's friend but it seems that someone was watching them". Aria puts her finger on her chin. She never actually felt someone was watching her when she wanted to be friends with Sunset. Is it because she was new? Whatever it was, she needs to know who it was.