• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 911 Views, 45 Comments

Cheer You On - Artistkun



"If I Could Be The Wind Under Your Wings, To Watch You Soar So High Makes My Heart Sing" - Flash Sentry

  • ...
4
 45
 911

So bad that no one could stop her

Aria was enjoying her lunch by herself at the moment as Vinyl was hanging out with the music club and Sunset was doing whatever School Representatives do, but assured her that she'll join her once she was done.

It's a bit weird to be eating on my own during lunch, but at least everyone has pretty much stopped spreading rumors about me Aria thought to herself as she took a bite of her lunch

While she waited for Sunset to join her, Aria was nonchalant browsing through her phone, looking at old photos to pass the time. After a couple of swipes of each photo, she stopped at an old special photo of her and her old friends. In the photo, she was being hugged by a slightly shorter than her, with a long light blue ponytail with dark highlights going down it, on her left what's a girl slightly taller than her with very huge long orange puffy hair giving the peace sign, and finally a boy standing next to the tall girl with tan-like skin and short green hair.

Sonata and Adagio. My fellow Dazzlings, along with Timber. It still amazes me that we allowed him to hang out with, but he was always fun to hang out with and he always kept us in check from getting in trouble Aria smiled as she began to miss her old friends.

She swipes her phone to see another picture where she and her friends went to Camp Everfree before she would leave EU. It was the first time they were fishing and Timber was the one who had the smallest catch. Three of them were smiling while he was annoyed.

I remember this! Timber was bragging so much that he could catch a fish bigger than we could before the sundown. Boy, we sure prove him wrong

FLASHBACK.....

"You won't get away this time, ya hear!!"

"Stop screaming, Aria! You're going to get us all deaf if you keep this up!"

Aria Blaze was furiously looking at the water in front of her as she tried to look for the fish she caught earlier but had to escape with her bait. Timber was laughing when his best friend was determined to catch her fish. Adagio and Sonata were glaring at their friend but in a friendly way. Aria felt her rod was being tugged and she smirked because she could tell her previous fish had come back.

"Gotcha now!!" Aria stood up and pulled her rod up so that she could put her fish on the bucket. She happily yelled when she had caught her fish, which was bigger than an average fish size. "You're scaring the fishes away!" Sonata shouted and felt her rod tugging as well.

"I think I got one!" Sonata shouted as she tried to reel in her catch of the day. Aria raised an eyebrow at her, since for hypocrisy about shouting. "Look who's shouting now. So I can't, but you're allowed to shout?" Aria teased as Sonata gave her a quick glare, before turning her attention back to reeling in her fish.

After a couple of seconds, Sonata finally reel in her fish and place it in the bucket. It was a great decent size fish, but not close in size to Aria's fish. "Oh yeah, I got mine!" Sonata said as she leaped into the air as she nearly cause the boat to flip over, much to everyone's annoyance.

Sonata! I told you not to jump in the boat! You almost flipped us into the water!" Adagio yelled as she and Timber readjusted themselves and continued fishing, while Aria glared at her as held on to her fish with dear life.

"Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself." Sonata sheepishly said as she scratched the back of her head. Aria rolled her eyes as she looked towards Adagio with determination in her eyes.

"Come on Adagio, catch us another big one for the win!"

"Yeah Dagi, you got this!" Both her and Sonata said as Adagio looked towards her with a smirk on her face.

"Fear not, girls. I'll lead us to victory!" Adagio said that Timber had a smug look on his face. "Girls please, I've been fishing since I was six. I have my way with them, a special bond if I dare say so." Timber brags as suddenly both his and Adagio's lines caught something.

Both of them pulled and reeled like their lives dependent as their fishes were fighting to escape. To the point, the boat was rocking back and forth as Aria and Sonata held to their fishes, while they were cheering for Adagio. After two minutes of intense reeling, Adagio and Timber pulled their catch from the water to reveal Adagio had a massive fish nearly two times as big as Aria's, while Timber had... Well...

"Ha! You caught a tiny one!" Aria shouted as she and the girls proceeded to laugh uncontrollably, while Timber just hanged his head in embarrassment. He soon feels someone ruffling his hair and looks at his side to see Adagio smiling at him. "It's okay, Spruce. You'll catch a big one next time.

END OF FLASHBACK....

That day was an absolute blast. Man, I miss those three so much, one of these days I got to set up a little reunion between us so we can hang out like old times Aria smiles as she continues to browse through her old photos.

She went to take another bite of her lunch, when she noticed Sunset was heading towards her with lunch in hand. Aria smiled and waved as Sunset sat down. "Sorry I'm late Aria. The meeting took longer than expected. Sometimes, being the school representative can be a pain in the neck." Sunset said exhaustively as she took a bite of her lunch.

"It's all right, Sunset. You're here with me now and that's all that matters. Besides, it wasn't all bad being alone for awhile, especially with most of the students, I pretty much stopped saying things behind my back," Aria reassured her with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. Did you ever find out why you were getting all those glares and rumors about you?" Sunset asked with concern as Aria shook her head. "Nope, I don't know why, but I don't really care about that. If a good majority of the school no longer hates me, that's good enough for me," Aria answered as she took another bite of her lunch.

"Well I'm glad to hear that. I bet you it's because you're now part of the cheer leading team, that they're finally backing off." Sunset said as Aria thought about it for a moment, she nodded her head in agreement.

"So, what was the meeting about anyways that made you late?" Aria asked wanting to move on from the subject.

"Just simple stuff that school representatives do, like when to start setting up for the next school dance, checking and updating the bulletin boards for announcements etc. Oh, there was a brief discussion about the new student today." Sunset answered.

"Oh yeah, I think you mentioned that over the phone the other day. How did the tour go with the new student?" Aria asked curiously.

"It didn't happen, she never showed up because it turned out she was running very late due to traffic, cuz she's living on the other side of the city. I found this out during the meeting and apparently once she gets here, Auntie Luna will escort her to her fourth period class." Sunset answered as Aria was more curious about the new student.

"So do you know who she is, like her name or what school she's coming from or even what class is going to be showing up in?" Aria asked as Sunset shook her head.

"No. Apparently, this transfer was done at the last minute over the weekend. Mo- I mean, the principal didn't really go too much further details other than it was a headache to get her register into the system." Sunset responded, relieved that she didn't reveal the truth about the principal.

"Well, I hope things work out with her when she gets here. No doubt, I would have been an absolute mess trying to figure out where to go, if you weren't there to show me around." Aria said with a smile as she shielded her eyes from Sunset's bright smile.

"Awww, thanks Aria. That means so much to hear from you." Sunset said as she leaned over the table to give Aria a hug. Aria lets out a chuckle as she hugs Sunset back. "Anytime Sunset," Aria said as they both ended the hug to enjoy the rest of their lunch.

Just as the two were nearly done eating and the rest of their conversation, Aria pulled out her phone again and she felt it vibrate. She saw that she received one message from Pinkie Pie as she tapped her screen to read it.

"Who texted you?" Sunset asked as she began to collect both her and Aria's plates.

"Pinkie did. She just wanted to remind me that I have my first day of cheer leading practice is after school. Also, she says hi if you were with me." Aria responded as a blush appeared on Sunset.

"That was nice of her and told her I said hi too." Sunset said she took the plates to the trash bin, while Aria sent her reply to Pinkie.

Man, I hope Pinkie doesn't have any extreme plan for practice. I'm still sore from her trial course Aria thought to herself as the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

"Ready to finish the day?" Sunset asked as Aria got up from her seat and followed her to the door. "You know it! I just hope I don't finish the day by sleeping during class again." Aria replied as Sunset let out a chuckle as they walked into the hallway before going their separate ways. Aria looks at her schedule and sees that her next period is math, which means her teacher would be Cranky Doodle.

Ha, there is no way I'm going to let that old sourpuss ruin my mood today. Aria thought herself as she pulled out of her phone and texted Vinyl.

Yo V, can I hang out in the music room for this period? Aria hit, sent and waited for Vinyl's response

After a few seconds, she got a response. Sure girl. I'm guessing you avoided cranky pants again, right?

Aria chuckled as she typed back. Yup, I don't want him to ruin my first day of cheering practice. She hit send and waited again

I hear ya girl. I'll leave the door unlocked for ya as always. Just remember to lock up when you head to your next class. Vinyl's texted back as Aria smiles.

Thx V, I owe you another ice cream bar. Aria texted as she began to make a beeline for the music room.


Aria was laying on one of the tables in the room as she was bobbing her head back and forth to her music. Aria had been using the music room for a few days now, ever since her first encounter with Mr. Cranky. Whenever she didn't want to deal with Cranky or the chance of him ruining her day, a simple text from Vinyl and she gets full access to the room.

Every time Aria hangs out by yourself in the room, she always feels at peace being surrounded by all the instruments. Ever since she became friends with Adagio and Sonata, music was always her comfort zone regardless of the genre... except country music, but that's a different story for another day. She got a kick of looking and sometimes playing with the instruments as well as playing her music loud and dancing to it, knowing that no teachers or the staff would be around the area when classes are in session.

There was, however, one particular thing she enjoyed about the music room. Near one of the corners of the room was a lovely grand piano. Whenever she looked at it, it felt like it was always calling to her to play it. Aria got up from the table and headed towards the piano.

Man, I swear I feel hypnotized every time I look at this thing. Aria thought to herself as she sat down on the piano bench.

Aria began to play with the keys a bit with a smile. "This feels good. I wonder if I still remember that song I played last year." Aria said to herself as she remembered last year's talent show at EU. Adagio and Sonata helped Aria perform a special song to her first crush in hopes to win her heart, but at last, it wasn't meant to be as though she had already found her soulmate.

Aria took a deep breath as she began to play the piano while humming along to the music she had beautifully created while she was unaware that she caught the attention of someone outside. After a few more seconds of playing, Aria began to sing.

"Even if I like you, nobody knows. Even if I see other girls, nobody's like you. I have no courage so I'm sorry, You can laugh me more because I am! I'm a loser who loves you! Yeah I'm a fool! All I need is you in this world! Baby I'm only yours oh, oh... I'm only yours oh oh no"

As Aria was focused on the song, she failed to hear the door open as a girl had entered the room and watched Aria playing and singing beautifully in awe. Once Aria begins to whine down, she pulls out her phone and starts browsing through it as she continues to play the piano with one hand. After a few seconds, Aria found a song similar to what she was performing and pressed to play.

Once the song filled the room, Aria left the bench and began the dance in the center of the room, closing her eyes, letting herself be lost in her own world. The girl's eyes widen when she saw how Aria started to dance so smoothly like a pro. She was so mesmerized at what she was seeing right now. She started to walk slowly towards Aria's direction. Once she got within reach of Aria, she yelped in surprise when Aria had pulled her closer as both of them were dancing along to the music. The song was almost to the end and Aria lifted the girl up to spin her around for five seconds. When the song ended, their arms linked to each other's body and their faces were a bit close.

When Aria opened her eyes, she was in complete shock to see who she had unknowingly been dancing with... Twilight Sparkle. She pushes her away and looks at the nerd angrily. Twilight rubs her butt and she felt fear crawling on her body when she met Aria's gaze.

"What are you doing here?! How did you get past security?!" Aria angrily asked as she tried her best to calm down but failed because this was the girl who broke her best friend's heart. Twilight Sparkle stood up and looked at Aria's furious gaze while trying her best not to pee in her underwear on fear. "You have only a minute to explain, Sparkle". Aria angrily said as she crosses her arms, waiting for an explanation.

"I-I-I'm t-th-"

"Clock's ticking, Sparkle!" Aria yelled, interrupting Twilight who was a stuttering mess.

"I transferred here! I wanted to get away from my old school because I couldn't handle the stress and bullying from the other students!" Twilight shouted out of fear as Aria's eyes widened in shock. "You're the new student that was late!? Why were you late and why did you pick this school of all places to transfer!?" Aria shouted as Twilight nervously scratched the back of her head.

"I-I overslept, then the bus I took to get here was stuck in traffic... As for choosing this school, I thought that the further away. I am from Crystal Prep Academy and the city could be for the best." Twilight responded as Aria began to grab her things and head for the door.

"Your one minute is up! I'm done listening to you. Don't ever approach me again and never speak of what happened in this room to anyone!" Aria said harshly as she opened the door to leave, causing Twilight to panic as she grabbed her arm.

"Wait! Could you at least show me where my class is on my schedule? I've been lost ever since I got here!" Twilight shouted as Aria shook her arm off. "Why should I? I heard that the vice principal was supposed to take you to your next class?" Aria responded harshly as she was about to step out of the room.

"She was! She was supposed to until... She showed up," Twilight said in a quiet, but rude tone causing Aria to stop.

"Who?" Aria asked, already knowing the answer as she slowly turned to look back at Twilight, who was slowly backing away, due to how Aria I was staring back at her.

"Sunset Shimmer... The vice principal and I were walking down the hallway when she appeared into our sights. So the vice principal , it'd be a good idea for Sunset to show me my next class and she walked away from us." Twilight responded with a bit of anger in her voice.

"Before she could say anything to me, I walked away from her to search for my class on my own. I want nothing to do with that cheater in my life again, but yet here she is." Twilight continued as Aria got right in her face.

"Don't you dare say anything negative about her like that! Sunset is one of the most amazing and caring people I have me-"

"She is nothing more than a liar! Can't you see that she's manipulating you into liking her?!" Twilight interrupted causing Aria to be even more upset with the girl.

"She took advantage of my heart, and I promise you that sh-ahhh!" Aria had finally had enough with Twilight and her body decided to grab her by the neck. "I warned you that the very next time we meet, I wasn't going to be nice... Now, I'm going to hurt you for everything you just said about my best friend." Aria said. She was slowly raising her fist as Twilight struggled in fear of trying to escape her grip

"Please! I-I-I-"

"This is for Sunset!" Aria shouted at the top of her lungs as she threw her punch with so much force behind, as Twilight embraced for the pain she was about to feel, when suddenly the punch was caught just mere inches from her face. Both Aria and Twilight turned to see who was to stop the beat down and were shocked to see who was there.

"Sunset?" Sunset Shimmer was crying but still had the strength to stop Aria from hurting an innocent girl from getting beaten up. She slowly let go of her grip on Twilight, who fell to the floor when she was released.

"Aria... Don't... She isn't worth it," Sunset told her as she embraced Aria with a hug. Aria couldn't control her temper from the words the nerd had said, so she tried her best to escape from Sunset's embrace.

"LET ME GO!"

"Aria, calm down!!

"I'm going to teach her a lesson!! You don't deserve to be called those things!" Aria said, still trying to break free. She began to feel tears coming out of her eyes but her anger remained. Twilight got up from the floor and watched in shock and awe at the scene she was witnessing, when Sunset suddenly stared into her direction with tears still escaping from her eyes.

"Twilight... please leave..." Sunset asked her lightly as she hugged Aria even tighter, causing the poor girl to cry even harder.

"B-But y-you, she, I-I-"

"Dang it, Sparkle, leave now before you get hurt!" Sunset shouted it as Twilight felt fear entered her body as she ran out of the room, leaving both Sunset and Aria alone to comfort themselves as Twilight's footsteps slowly faded away. "She's not worth it, Aria! I know her words hurt but it's in the past!"

"She doesn't know the real you, Sunset! I'll make her see!"

"Aria please! I understand, but I've moved on! I found happiness again when you see Vinyl and Pinkie as my closest friends! I could care less about her!" Sunset yelled as she continued to struggle to hold Aria in place, hoping her words would get through to her.

Sadly it didn't, as Aria was too blinded by rage. "No! No one deserves to see or treat my friends like that! No matter how close your relationship was with her, she failed to see the real you and she needs to pay!" Aria yelled back as she continued to break hold of Sunset's grip. Finally, she pushes Sunset down, making her best friend land on the ground. Aria was about to go to the door when suddenly, Pinkie Pie appeared and blocked the path.

"Step aside, captain or I will force you!" Aria angrily said it made Pinkie glare at her.

"Nothing will change once you beat Twilight! It's really sweet that you're doing this but what you're doing right now isn't the way to end things". Pinkie calmly said.

Aria couldn't believe that her two best friends were stopping her from seeking justice as she tried to push past Pinkie, only to be stopped by her as Pinkie now held her in a bear hug. "She's need to pay! Why can't you understand that!?" Aria yelled as she struggled to get out of Pinkie's hold.

"Because violence never truly solves anything! It only brings more pain and misery to everyone involved." Pinkie responded as she struggled to hold on to Aria. Sunset noticed Pinkie wasn't going to hold on much longer as she went off the floor to help her, however before she could reach and assist her with Aria, Aria let out a scream as she fell and landed back first to the floor.

"The heck is that thing inside your hair, Pinkie?!" Aria shouted at the top of her lungs and she pointed at the top of Pinkie's head.

Sunset was confused at this new situation as she looked at the top of Pinkie's head and was shocked at what she saw. It was the baby alligator from Trixie's show, staring back at Aria with its big wide eyes. The gator tongue went to his eyes while starring at Aria. He crawled out of his owner's hair and went towards Aria who was crying. Aria got off the floor to try to get away from the baby gator as she started to scream at Pinkie and Sunset.

"Pinkie, call off that thing before I kick it into next week and you! How can you be so calm about letting that girl back into your life after she broke your heart in a meaningless way!?" Aria said she was now standing on top of a chair.

"Because I broke her heart first!" Sunset responded as she took a few steps back, hoping the baby gator wouldn't come towards her. "All those times, I failed to be there for her when she needed someone strong by her side. Even when we were a couple, she will always get harassed and bullied by other students and I never did anything to truly help her. Things got so much worse when I kept showing up late for our dates and not answering her calls," Sunset continued as she started to cry again.

"I was happy when I found out that she had someone who would take care of her.... Make her happy... and make her feel safe! So please, forgive her for bad mouthing the truth about who I was as a lover! For me, Aria!"

"B-But what about her thinking that you're still a cheater? What is she still refusing to make amends with you about the breakup?" Aria asked as Sunset to smile back at her.

"If that's how she's learned to cope with everything and how to move on from me, then it's alright by me besides you, Vinyl and Pinkie know who the real me is, so that's all that really matters." Sunset responded back

Aria took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment to calm, then she looked back at Sunset as she started to wipe the tears off her face. "You really want me to forgive and forget about this, that bad huh?" Aria asked as Sunset simply nodded her head back in response.

"Alright... Alright, I will apologize to her the very next time I see her or she has the guts again to try to talk to me again. I'm pretty sure at this point she just probably ran into a random classroom to hide me right now." Aria said she was about to get out of the chair when she noticed that the baby gator was still on the floor staring at her.

"Ummm Pinkie, could you please grab that little thing and get it away from me? I really don't want to kick that darn thing, if or when it tries to bite me." Aria asked as Pinkie chuckled about her friend's nervous behavior.

“Don’t be afraid of little Gummy here. He wouldn’t hurt a fly even if he could.” Pinkie said as she picked up the little gator, now known as Gummy.

Both Aria and Sunset looked at Pinkie with confused looks on their face as Aria got off from the chair. “Gummy? Why would you name it Gummy?” Sunset asked as Pinkie chuckled again.

“Here, I’ll show you why”. Pinkie said as she gently grabbed the top part of Gummy’s mouth and slowly pried it open to reveal that the little guy had no teeth.

“He has no teeth!?” Aria loudly said as she and Sunset slowly walked towards Pinkie as she let go of Gummy’s mouth, in shock at revelation.

“Nope! I was in shock too when I found this out when I tried to feed him some bacon. That’s when I noticed he had no teeth so he couldn’t eat it. He’s been living on frosting since then.” Pinkie said with a sad tone as Aria and Sunset had a worrying look on their faces. Before either one of them could say anything, Pinkie puts gummy back on the top of her head as it disappears inside her puffy hair.

"Back to the topic. Sunset's right, Twilight will need some time to forgive her. You owe her an apology". Aria Blaze looked at Sunset for a second before grabbing her bag and ran off to find Twilight. Sunset Shimmer sits down on the chair and Pinkie starts to pat her head.

"She really is protective of someone's feelings, huh?" Sunset asked herself with a smile on her face. She did appreciate Aria caring about her but it was the first time she saw her best friend's protective side. "How did you know I was here anyway?" Sunset looks at Pinkie who was still patting her red and yellow hair.

"I was assigned to organize for the upcoming fall formal when I happen to see Twilight with VP Luna and you were there as well. I was a little mad when Twilight had ignored you".

"Yeah, it really did hurt me when she did that. Part of me understands that though, I did let her down when she needed me the most. I'm just grateful she has someone by her side now, just like how I have you and the rest of the girls by my side." Sunset said a small blush appeared on her face as did Pinkie Pie.

"You can always count on me- I mean us by your side!" Pinkie looked embarrassed after a minor slip-up. Sunset giggled as she pulled Pinkie into an unusual hug, where she was holding her by the waist and placing her head just above her stomach.

"Thanks... and I'll always be there for you." Sunset replied as she snuggled up to Pinkie. Pinkie let out of a sigh of comfort as she hugged Sunset by her head.