• Published 30th Aug 2019
  • 1,713 Views, 104 Comments

A new Age - Silver Butcher

  • ...
8
 104
 1,713

Getting Ready - Cozy and Jasper

Spike and Peach had just left the room as Cozy settled on Picking Jasper as her partner for prep and the two-headed out of the room with the others still picking teams behind them.

"So," Jasper said as he and Cozy made their way through the castle "Why didn't you overthrow Spike if you don't mind me asking?"

"Spike won me over," Cozy replied with a shrug "He was simply too hard to hate, and I tried so hard to find a point to stand on to overthrow him, but then the bastard went and named a city Cozy Town, gave me a statue, and then after all of that Trixie arrived," Jasper noticed a slight change in tone at the mention of Trixie.

"You all seem to rather like Trixie," He noted.

"Trixie..." Cozy paused as she collected her thoughts "Trixie has been through a lot in her life and lost just as much in it, Now I and everyone else here hate's Twilight for a multitude of reasons, but I guarantee that the second one of use actually hurts her well be doing it for Trixie before any other reason," Jasper waited for Cozy to elaborate but after a pause, it was clear she had no intentions to do so.

"What are we doing?" He asked as they made their way down a very long staircase, Cozy was about to answer when a loud clopping noise was heard.

"Get against the wall," She demanded as she did so, Jasper pressed his back into it and a few Seconds later Tirek came rushing down with Zestar screaming on his back, Jasper heard Cozy chuckle before continuing after them. "That kid can scream," she chuckled "And to answer your question you and I are preparing for the final battle, I'm sure some tiny remnant of Spike is watching us and has already put your weapon next to my gear," Jasper pondered on that for a moment as Cozy opened a slightly crocked door and they moved from the stairs to what seemed to be another dining room.

"Your gear?" Jasper asked in confusion as he looked around the room, it was identical to the one they had been in earlier, down to the table, Cozy didn't break her stride as she pointed at her self, she was wearing a Blue Hoodie, a Black undershirt, and Sweatpants.

"You think I'm gonna go into battle against Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Crazy Black Magic spells, in my Workout clothes?" she demanded looking at him like he was insane "I gotta get war-ready, and as the General, I gotta make sure my troops are ready to,"

"Ok, but why am I-" Jasper tried to ask when Cozy opened the door and Spike's Voice suddenly rang out loudly,

"Later Bitches," Cozy gave little to no reaction to the sudden noise, Jasper jumped at it and only just managed to not fall over, earning a chuckle from Cozy.

"He loves doing that," She smiled at the memory before looking back at Jasper "My troops should already be gathering outside," Cozy had a shine in her eye as she looked at Jasper "Wanna hear a story?" Jasper blinked at the offer before shrugging.

"Hell, I don't see why not," Cozy smiled. "Alright just sit down and face the door, I'll gear up while I tell it to you,"


It had been almost a month since Cozy had been freed from her stone prison and no matter how hard she tried, Spike was always one step ahead of her. She tried telling him she needed more space to be herself, he gave her an entire floor of the castle, she told him she needed some minions and she was given a total of 37 maids, butlers, chefs, and even a masseuse. She told him she wanted more attention he had a city named after her and a statue made in her honor.

"I've never in my life had so much trouble with hatting someone," She said angrily as she rubbed her temple "getting them to like me, sure that's not too hard, but liking someone else," Cozy gagged at the thought "Why is this so hard?" Cozy came to a stop when she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and found Spike chilling on a Balcony looking like his old Purple and green self, Cozy approached the Dragon and without looking at her he held his hand up in greeting.

"Hey, you feeling Cozy yet?" he asked, turning to her with a grin.

"I hate you," She said angrily, Spike's increased smile indicated he didn't believe her in the slightest.

"Oh, but you were just having a lovely debate with the walls about not hating me," Cozy turned red-faced and looked away from him.

"Just give me enough time, I'll find a way to hate you," Spike leaned down and motioned her close, Cozy moved in slightly and Spike whispered with a grin.

"Not if I can help it," He smiled at her angry look and she turned to leave, Spike turned his attention back to looking out at the Sunset, Cozy was just about to leave when she felt something, something odd, something she hated with every fiber of her being, She was curious about what Spike was doing for no reason other than just wanting to talk to him, She stood in place angrily trying to ignore the feeling before giving in and going back to the dragon to join him in watching the Sunset.

"I see you doing this a lot," She said to get his attention.

"It's nice," Spike said as he watched the sun dip slowly out of sight "Reminds me of Celestia," Cozy looked up at Spike as she sighed "I hope I can fix things before she or Luna goes to Twilight for a visit, the idea of letting Celestia see Twilight like this," Spike frowned and trailed off, Cozy stared at him before looking at the sunset with him.

"Why are you so nice to us?" Cozy asked "You don't even have any charms or spells in place to stop us from leaving, no overall master plan, no demands or roles we have to fill in your plans, you just...give us what we ask for and expect nothing in return,"

"Nonsense," Spike replied happily as the Blue torches that lit the halls began lighting the outer walls "I'm giving you what you want, and you're giving me what I want," Cozy frowned, and the two stood there for a fairly long while as she tried to figure what she had ever given the dragon, After what felt like forever she gave in.

"What did I give you?" Spike looked down at the young pegasus and patted her head.

"give it time," he said with a laugh "I'm confident you'll figure it out on your own, now what say we head down to the Dinning hall, Heard Tirek is going to try his hand at Making Hayburgers and I just have to see it happen,"


Jasper sat with his face to the door, waiting for Cozy to continue only for her to speak up.

"Stories over," She called from behind him, "You can stop staring at the door," Jasper turned and Found Cozy wearing what looked like a lighter version of the Dimond dog armor, it even coated her wings in such a way that aloud them to move freely while keeping them protected. She was looking curiously at a small black box that she had found in her hammock, on the top of it was a label that read 'don't open till the battle begins, Love Spike' Cozy smiled at it and kept it firmly in her hands as Jasper looked at her quizzically.

"What...what did you give Spike?" he asked curiously, earning a Smile from the Pegasus.

"Give it time," She said with a chuckle "I'm confident you'll figure it out on your own, now come on let's go get your War Hammer and introduce you to the troops, Dunno how long we have till Princess Pysco brings her army and starts blasting away at us."