• Published 30th Aug 2019
  • 1,699 Views, 104 Comments

A new Age - Silver Butcher

  • ...
8
 104
 1,699

Spike's Transformation.

"Yeah," Flurry said once she swallowed the food in her mouth "That sounds like Aunt Twilight," Spike nodded when Jasper spoke up.

"Look," He said getting Spike's attention "I know I've probably said this a few times, but I'm...sorry for what my parents did to you," Spike smiled and waved him off.

"You don't have to keep apologizing, Rarity and Twilight both uses to...much kinder ponies I assure you," Spike's eyes went wide and he suddenly made a go away motion with his hands, Flurry turned just in time to see the door to the dining room be closed.

"Who was that?" Jasper asked from down the table, the look on his face indicating he was the only one of the group who had seen the door opener, "It looked kind of like a-"

"Spoilers," Spike snapped at Jasper "Don't tell your friends what you saw till the end of my storytime,"

"Wait you're going again?" Zestar asked "I thought we were doing a back and forth kind of thing,"

"I was but I still got a lot of my story left to tell and you're at the least halfway done with yours," Spike smiled as he clapped his hands and the Food disappeared, immediately being replaced with deserts across the table. Jasper turned back to the door as a few muffled voices began arguing, from what he could tell there where maybe 4 or 5 of them, one male the rest female.

"Who did you see?" Pound asked in a whisper.

"you are aware that Spike is basically everywhere in this place where a shadow is right?"

"He's not wrong," Spike said with a smile as he appeared behind them, Pound looked at Spike then to the head of the Table where Spike waved at him, then back to the second Spike who winked at him before melting back into shadow.

"So no matter where we are-"

"Oh no," Spike replied to Pound with a laugh "Just in this room right now, you have my full attention, tho I can be all across the kingdom at once it's kind of hard to do so," Peach giggled at that.

"you mean Herringbone castle?"

"I didn't name it," Spike replied with a shrug "and yes this is the Canterlot of the Diamond Dog Kindom, which spreads out far and wide beneath the land," Spike pointed down "The giant canon that surrounds the castle, whole lot of Diamond Dogs living down there, but that's best left for later in the story, for now, how about we get to fun part, the part where I turned evil!" Spike waved his arms at them dramatically and made a few ghost noises before clearing his throat. "Anyway, we had just arrived at the Crystal Empire"


Spike almost collapsed on the spot once they were close to the castle, from their position they could see Princess Cadance and Shining Armor fighting off Sombra. Twilight extended her wings.

"Spike set up the Extractor, the rest of you stand by until I lure him close enough to the ground so you can get at him," Spike let out a breath before unhooking himself from his harness to the cart and throwing his reins to the ground. He made his way to the back of the cart when a familiar face got his attention.

"Starlight!" Spike cheered when he saw her and greeted his old friend with a hug "How are things?" Starlight let the hug last a second before looking around hopefully, her hopes were met when Pinkie came around the corner. Starlight rushed to the Pink pony before replying to Spike.

"Kind of boring, ever since Twilight shut the school down I've just been hanging around her, I'm the new Court Wizard,"

"quite the promotion," Spike cheered as he started untieing the Glass lamp, after little success, he turned to his friends for help but they were to busy catching up so he instead turned to Applejack, who looked at in and held out her hand, Spike sighed and pulled a few gold coins out of his pocket and gave them to her, she smiled and easily untied the ropes for him.

"Always happy to help Sugar cube," She said as she tossed the coins up "for the right price of course," Spike tried to figure out how he was supposed to move the glass lamp when Starlight set it up for him, Spike thanked her then got on his hands and knees.

"Just gotta light the bottom and it'll-" there was suddenly a shadow over Spike and with a Loud crack a White hoove stomped on the end of Spike's tail, Spike let out a scream and a torrent of fire, lighting the bottom and melting the glass around it a little. Spike started crying as Rarity smiled above him, her hooves still pressing hard into his tail.

"Opps," She said with the most unapologetic of tones "sorry about that Spike," She stepped of his tail and walked back to the cart to watch Twilight battle Sombra, Starlight and Pinkie rushed to Spike's aid and helped him to his feet, his tail was bet a little near the end.

"Are you ok?" Starlight demanded.

"No," Spike confirmed "But It could have been way worse," Pinkie and Starlight let him go as he moved back to the bottom of the Lamp, Rarity's eyes immediately darted to him and Starlight moved between them just in case. After a moment the Lamp levitated off its base and pointed at Sombra, Spike then rushed to the cart and came back with a glass lid for the lamp.

"Shouldn't the fire be inside?" Applejack asked as she looked at the lamp.

"If it was a lamp then yes it should be," Spike agreed "But Twilight just based it off a lamp It actually-"

"Oh yeah, I know what it does," Applejack said waving him off as she turned back to the battle. "Just making sure you're doing it right,"

"Yeah ok," Spike said as he sat down on the ground with a sigh and looked to the castle just in time for Twilight to be sent flying at them, she skidded to a stop next to them and the other's grouped up, Twilight noticed Starlight who waved.

"Hey Twilight, how-"

"Starlight, come to beg for your old job back?" Twilight asked with a smug look.

"You...mean being your pupil?" Starlight asked in confusion "Because last I cheeked you shut down the-"

"Oh no I reopened it, Twilight's school for Gifted Unicorns, the principal job is taken but I could find you a place," Starlight gave no response and Twilight shrugged "Anyway, girls attack!" Twilight ran forward and the remaining member of her old friend group rushed forward.

"Twilight's school for Gifted Unicorns?" Starlight demanded, looking down at Spike.

"Yeah," He replied with a sigh "There all getting worse, except for Pinkie, she's the only one who noticed the change, went to Zecora and so far they've managed to keep her...herself," Starlight rubbed her chin.

"I was afraid of that, Spike you remember that project we talked about undertaking?" Spike looked at her with a sparkle in his eye.

"You mean hunting for the scattered pieces of Harmony?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think it's time we settled our affairs and hunt them down, it will without a doubt take a few years, but I'm positive if we find and repair them we can fix them," Spike looked at the Main 6 as they battle Sombra and smiled.

"Yeah, I think it's time we did,"


"Bullshit," Flurry suddenly spat out making her friends jump a little as she kicked her chair away from her and marched to Spike, none of the Diamond dogs moved as Spike raised a hand to stop them, Spike turned just in time for Flurry to Grab him by the shoulder. "Look me in the eye," She demanded, Spike closed his eyes for a second and when he reopened them they were like his original eyes. "My mother told me what you did to her, so look me in the eye and tell me my mother was lying," Flurry stared at Spike for a moment and he said very simply.

"Your mother is not lying," Flurry blinked as Spike pulled her off him, after placing her back in her chair she looked up at him in confusion as he continued


Spike got to his feet and looked behind them.

"I'll tell Twilight after she's done,"

"What exactly does that lamp do anyway?"

"Twilight said it'll depower the enemy, don't know for how long tho," Starlight frowned as that when Sombra landed in front of the lamp.

"Now!" Twilight screamed out, Spike very simply kicked the golden base and just as Sombra got to his feet he felt a hard suction, he tried to take a step back when the Purple magic around his eyes was sucked into the lamp building around the bottom, he froze in place magic was sucked out of his horn, after a moment he fell to the ground with a groan as he tried but failed to touch a red gem in his cape, his black coat started getting pale and his eyes began losing their color. Starlight took a step back when a crack was heard, she and Spike looked over to the lamp, the small area that Spike had accidentally melted was cracking, Spike had just enough time to look over at Starlight before the Magic inside broke threw the crack and hit Spike like a tidal wave, Starlight covered her eyes as the area Spike had been lit up brightly, when she looked back Spike was standing dumbfounded as he looked at his black as night hands, he blinked and looked over to Starlight when an angry shout was heard the two looked over at Twilight who's face was seething with rage. Her horn was lit and she pointed it directly at Spike.

"Your little rat!" She screamed before blasting him, Spike tried to move but his body felt like it was encased in jello and he failed to do more than take half a step back, Starlight jumped in front of him and threw up a shield that was instantly destroyed by the blast, Starlight was hit right in the stomach by the spell and looked down at confusion, she made to turn to Spike, but couldn't move her legs, she looked down at her legs and watched as they were slowly turned into stone, she looked at Twilight who was made her was past Sombra and looked dead into Starlight's eyes.

"I'm so disappointed in your Starlight," Twilight said with a scowl, "I thought you'd changed," Starlight tried to raise her hands but they had been turned to stone as well.

"Twi-" She managed to say before she lost to the Spell, Twilight walked past the Petrified Starlight and glared down at Spike, who was staring at her in horror as he tried to move his body to little avail, Twilight picked him up with her magic, anger in her eyes.

"I raised you," She said angrily "I gave you a home, I treated you like family, I-"

"It was an accident," Spike managed to say, "The glass was dama-"

"SILENCE," Twilight screamed angrily as she slammed Spike headfirst into the ground. "I am the Princess of Friendship, you were lucky to even exist in my presence!" Spike pulled himself off the ground, one of his eyes melting off his face as he failed to keep himself in one piece.

"Twi," he pleaded "This isn't you, you use to be one of the best ponies around, you where Celestia's best student, that's why she turned you into an Alicorn, you-" Spike was cut off when a blast of magic hit him in the face and sent his melting body across the ground, leaving him a half-melted head and he feebly tried to pull himself back together. Twilight looked behind her and saw Rarity smugly fixing the cuffs of her dress as she made her way to them, taking extra caution to step on the barely breathing Sombra's hand.

"It's so pathetic when they try and beg," Rarity said with a laugh "Honestly Twilight darling you should have just thrown him out after he tried to steal my rings from me," Rarity proudly readjusted the Jade ring on her horn. "Now what say we let the Crystal heart clean these two up and be done with it?"

"Sounds like a plan," Twilight said angrily as she made her way to Cadance and Shinning as they landed.

"Come on Cadance," She called, lets clean this mess up.

"on it," Cadandce called, having been to busy helping Shinning out of a chimney to notice the Spike fiasco," Shining made his way to the girls and saw Starlight's statue.

"What happened?" He demanded when Pinkie rushed past him and the statue and down a long line of black tar that ended in Spike, who was just starting to pull himself together.

"Spike?" Shinning asked before running after him, Rarity scoffed.

"Honestly Princess Cadance could do so much better than him, oh I should start a scandal, find a stallion that looks like Shinning and end their marriage so I can hook her up with a better colt," Applejack meanwhile frowned at the Starlight statue and gave it a quick pat.

"Well this is it," She sighed "We've crossed the line, don't think we're coming back from this," Spike managed to hear all of this from the black goo of his body laying all around the area,"

"Spike!" Pinkie said as she tried to help him only for her to end up tearing his arm off. "Ahh!" She screeched as she dropped it "I'm sorry!" she added.

"What happened!" Shinning demanded as he looked down at Spike.

"Rarity stepped on my tail and I melted the glass," Spike said as his body started falling apart again "Sombra's magic broke threw it and Twilight though Starlight and I were stealing it or something," Spike tried and failed to pull himself back together.

"Don't worry bud," Shinning said as he turned on the spot "I'll go get Cadance and we can-" The bright light of the Crystal Heart suddenly came to life and before anything more could be said they were covered in its magic, it hit Spike like a cannon and sent him into a disorganized flight when he recovered his senses he looked around, he was in a tree, far from the Crystal Empire, laying at the bottom of it was Sombra who was barely breathing.

"Wha' happened?" Spike asked in confusion, he hadn't expected an answer but Sombra gave him one.

"I am evil but no longer a threat," he said with a heavy breath "You are not evil but were considered a threat, so instead of destroying us it threw us into the deepest parts of the uncharted forest. Spike frowned as he looked around the forest before his body dripped threw the tree branch and he splattered next to Sombra.

"Help me not die," Sombra said threw heavy breaths "I'll help you stop being a puddle,"


The Dinning hall was quiet, even the Diamond Dogs had stopped eating to listen to Spike's story. Flurry was in a rage as she tried to stick to a subject before picking one.

"Is that why my parents are divorced?" She demanded as her face started glowing red "Did Rarity actual-?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," Spike replied with a shrug "I just heard her make a plan to frame your father for adultery, I've only been back to the Crystal empire once since that day and neither of your parents were there," Spike then called out in a very loud voice. "And you can come in now," The Door opened and a Black colt with a red horn walked into the amazement of the group.

"Well it's about dam time," Sombra said irritably "you better have a dam good explanation as to why-" Flurry stood up and he froze. "Shit, now I owe Sonata 50 jewels,"

Author's Note:

I am really enjoying making this story.

random thing that might not be mentioned in the story (and if it is won't be mentioned till later) Jewels are Diamond dog currency instead of bits.