• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 534 Views, 89 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 6 - Bahamut0



The Elements of Heroism have been disbanded. And under the command of Blitz Surge, the Lancers now roam freely. However, all of Blitz's plans are about to burst apart. For Power has returned to restore hope!

  • ...
3
 89
 534

Episode 1: The Return of Power, Part 1

'For the second time in my life, a really important event begins with a letter.' Twilight thought to herself aboard the Crystal Express. 'First it was my big brother's wedding, and now he and Cadence are having a baby.'

Twilight smiled as she remembered receiving the invitation that announced Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's newborn. She could barely contain her happiness, and proudly declared her newly gained title of "Aunt Twilight" to all of Unityville. And on top of all that, she was also helping Starlight reunite with her old friend Sunburst!

"Yep!" Twilight said with a satisfied smile. "This is going to be an awesome trip!"

"And here I was thinking it was too early for me to meet your family." Nightfall Silver joked. "Heck, they probably thought you'd never get a boyfriend. Or maybe that would be a blessing in your brother's eyes."

"Thankfully, he's not that overprotective." Twilight giggled. "Still, he might warn you that he'd hunt you down if you broke my heart."

"I'd rip out my own if I ever broke yours." Nightfall smiled. However, the stunned look on Twilight's face wasn't the reaction he was going for. ". . . I didn't say something that ruined the moment, did I?"

"No." Twilight shook her head. "I just don't think you could ever be. . . heartless." The couple shared a brief laugh over Twilight's pun. "What did I do to deserve you?"

"You made my life more magical." Nightfall quipped. "Plus, I never expected to be an uncle at this age. Who knows? Maybe we'll be the next royal couple!"

"It all depends on who gets the bouquet at Rarity and Inferno's wedding." Twilight said with a shrug as she wrapped one of her wings around her boyfriend. "Unless Rainbow Dash snatches it out of the air, that is."

"Oh, please!" Rainbow Dash muttered. "That wouldn't be nearly as fun as battling it out for the bouquet!"

The group of friends shared laugh as the Crystal Express pulled into the station. No matter how many times they visited, the beauty of the Crystal Empire never ceased to amaze the group. They quickly made their way over to the castle, and were guided to what was serving as the nursery area. Upon arriving, they were greeted by Celestia, Luna, and Nightmare Moon. However, there was also a bit of unpleasant company present.

"Blitz Surge." Inferno growled as he glared at the leader of the Lancers. "It figures you have to show up whenever any of us feel the least bit happy. So how're you going to try and ruin today?"

"No need for hostility here, Inferno." Blitz Surge said with a smug smile. "I am merely here at Luna's request. Besides, this is quite the momentous occasion. You never know what villain would try and abduct the newborn royal in our midst." He then frowned. "But I suppose there's a bit of news that would please you lot. Last night, during the lightning storm, a man assaulted my comrades while they were out celebrating their victory. I've no idea who he is, but they will pay for their actions."

"Your comrades probably deserved it." Steel Edge growled. "Especially due to the fact some of them have either tried to hurt or nearly killed our friends, and one of them pulled a reckless stunt that could've hurt a lot of people!"

"SHHH!" Shining Armor hissed. "I don't know the full story of what's going on between your groups, but I know you Lancers are the antagonists here." His eyes narrowed. "ESPECIALLY since you decided to pick a fight with my sister. But this is supposed to be a happy occasion. Twily, do you want to meet your niece?"

"You bet I do!" Twilight said with an bright smile.

"Just. . . be prepared for what you're about to see." Shining Armor advised. "I was pretty shocked when our little girl came into this world."

"What do you-" Twilight and her friends' eyes went wide when they saw the baby. ". . . The baby's an avatar?!"

"You got that right." Cadence said with a smile as she stared down at her child. "Our own little goddess."

"It looks like we've got a pantheon in the making!" Nightmare Moon cheered. Earning a giggle from the baby. "It's funny. I thought she'd be crying the second I smiled at her."

"This is incredible!" Twilight said as she smiled down at the baby. "How is this even possible?"

"We're not completely certain," Celestia began. "My sister and I were created by Faust herself as her daughters. In Cadence's case, it might have been due to her yearning for a child." The sun goddess then smiled down at the baby "But all that really matters is that this little bundle of joy is making the couple happier than ever."

However, once the baby sneezed, she let loose a massive blast of magic that tore through the ceiling above! Everyone was utterly dumbfounded at the amount of power the baby had in her! Then again, she was a newborn goddess, so it stood to reason she would have divine levels of strength regardless of her infancy.

"Shining Armor? Cadence?" Twilight asked. "You might want to baby-proof the castle. And not in the way you think."

"Got it." The royal couple answered in unison as the gazed up at the massive hole in the ceiling before turning their attention to their baby who was clapping and giggling at the destruction she'd unintentionally caused. But none of them had any time to dwell on what just happened. The whole empire had gathered in anticipation for the Crystalling, and the anticipation permeated through the air.

Meanwhile, Shadow was with Starlight as they searched for Sunburst's current residence in the Crystal Empire. When they found his place, a slightly disheveled Sunburst answered the door. Sunburst was a bit scattered, and the state of his house reflected it. Spellbooks, tomes, and papers related to magic were stacked and strewn about the whole house! Fortunately, it seemed that the sitting area was relatively uncluttered despite being surrounded by stacks of paper and books.

"Sooo," Sunburst said nervously. "How have you be-GAH!" He was knocked to the side from a slap by Shadow's wing!

"That was for being a lousy friend and forgetting about Starlight." Shadow said plainly. "You didn't try writing to her while you were in school to become a big-time wizard?"

"Shadow!" Starlight exclaimed at Shadow's behavior! "You don't need to do that!"

"Starlight. . . " Shadow sighed. "He pretty much forgot about you the second he got accepted into Celestia's School for Gifted Magi. Not once did he think about the friend he did everything with when he was in your hometown. And his neglect of remembering you is what partially led to you becoming Paradox's pawn. Tell me, honestly, that you wouldn't want to hit him for that."

"I. . . " Starlight paused for a second before analyzing Shadow's points. "Huh. I really can't counter that."

"And I can't blame him. . . " Sunburst groaned as he pulled himself back onto his seat. Nervously looking at Shadow. "Uh, are we cool now?"

"Yeah." Shadow shrugged. "I didn't hit you that hard, did I?"

"No. The surprise is what did the most damage to me." Sunburst replied. "So, tell me what you've been up to. You obviously got a boyfriend now."

"Funny story about how we met." Shadow said with a grin while Starlight smiled nervously. "It all started after I wrecked a cult that Starlight had assembled. And from then she tried to waste me and my friends. . . " And Starlight sighed.

"Yeah." Starlight chuckled sheepishly. "We. . . kinda had a rough start."

Meanwhile, at the castle, everyone was preparing to unveil the baby avatar to the public. All seemed to be going smoothly until a bubble popped in front of the baby and she let out a massive cry! The cry was so loud and so intense that it shattered the Crystal Heart! And with the heart destroyed, the magic protecting the city faded away! Letting the fierce snowstorms that raged outside of the empire encroach upon it!

"We'll try and repulse the storm clouds for as long as we can!" Celestia declared as she spread her wings out to fly! "Twilight, you and your friends see to finding a way to restore the Crystal Heart. Everyone else, see to preparing the city for evacuation. Good luck to all of you!" And Celestia, Luna, and Nightmare Moon flew up to the skies above the Crystal Empire! Pushing back the approaching storm clouds as best as they could with their magic!

Meanwhile, Starlight and Shadow had discovered from Sunburst that he hadn't become an established wizard. However, their attention was stolen away by the massive snowstorm threatening to engulf the Crystal Empire! When the trio arrived at the castle, they saw the Main Six, save for Twilight, running around the castle and trying to capture the baby avatar! Twilight was trying to use a spell to repair the Crystal Heart, but her attempts seemed to have no effect!

Fortunately, Sunburst came to the rescue by modifying the spell Twilight was using, and making sure that the Crystalling was held all the same. When the snowstorms were starting to creep closer to smothering the entire city, the Crystalling was performed with the baby avatar being unveiled to all the citizens of the Crystal Empire! The surge of positivity and joy, combined with the spell Sunburst performed, restored the Crystal Heart! The entire Crystal Empire cheering for their new princess: Flurry Heart!

"Well, that wraps up things nicely." Twilight said with a satisfied nod as she and her friends gathered to leave after the celebration had concluded. "I guess we can head ho-"

"No." Blitz Surge said coldly. "This matter is far from resolved."

"I'm. . . pretty sure it is." Inferno said with a glare aimed at Blitz Surge. "We got the Crystal Heart repaired, and Shining Armor and Cadence's baby was shown to the whole Crystal Empire. The city's still standing, everyone's safe. Mission accomplished!"

"You are mistaken." Blitz Surge scoffed. "We failed to remove the cause of the threat."

"What do you. . . " Shining Armor's eyes went wide in horror when he realized what Blitz Surge meant. "No. . . no, not a chance! There's no way I'll let you take away my daughter!"

"What?!" Cadence gasped as she held Flurry Heart close to her chest! Horror in her eyes as she stared down Blitz Surge! "Y-You can't mean that! You have no right to harm my baby!"

"Blitz Surge, cease this!" Luna commanded! "Flurry Heart is nothing more than an infant! She has no control over her magic! Flurry Heart never meant to cause any of what has transpired!"

"But she is ultimately the root of the disaster that nearly destroyed the Crystal Empire!" Blitz Surge snapped! Drawing his sword, and channeling the power of harmony through the blade! Coating it in a rainbow-colored aura! "And if you seek to prevent me from neutralizing her, THEN YOU ARE ENEMIES OF JUSTICE!" Blitz plunged his katana into the ground, and unleashed a massive blast of harmony that knocked away everyone! Flurry Heart was sent into the air from the attack, and Blitz Surge soon caught her! "If any of you are foolish enough to try and pursue me, I cannot guarantee that the child will go unharmed. Now then, if-"

"Excuse me." A voice said as a figure tapped Blitz Surge on his shoulder. "I believe you're forgetting someone."

"Who could-AGH!" Blitz Surge was winded by a powerful punch to his gut, and sent flying by a kick to the side! The Lancer leader crumpling to a heap on the floor while Flurry Heart was once again up in the air! The figure wasted no time, and caught the baby goddess in his arms.

"So this is the little bundle of joy that Shining and Cadence got around to making!" The figure said with a smile. "Looks like a lot's happened since I was gone." He then turned his attention to the two teams of elements. "Yo, Inferno! Sweet new coat you've got there! And the wings are looking awesome! Hey, Twilight! I guess you're an auntie now!"

"Is. . . is that-?" Twilight asked in shock.

"He's here. . . " Inferno said in awe as tears began to gather in his eyes. "He's back. . . "

"Man, it's good to see everyone! How long's it been?" The figure's bright smile turned loving as he set his eyes on the recovering Celestia and Nightmare Moon. "You still look as lovely as I remember you."

". . . You're here. . . " Celestia said as she put her hands over her mouth. Fighting back happy tears. "You came back . . . "

"This can't be a dream. . . " Nightmare Moon said with teary eyes as she put her hands over her heart.

"Hey everyone!" Burst Stream said with a grin! "What'd I miss?"

TO BE CONTINUED!