• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 532 Views, 89 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 6 - Bahamut0



The Elements of Heroism have been disbanded. And under the command of Blitz Surge, the Lancers now roam freely. However, all of Blitz's plans are about to burst apart. For Power has returned to restore hope!

  • ...
3
 89
 532

Episode 26: Successor

Burst Stream took a deep breath as he reflected on the recent events. He honestly couldn't believe they were already so close to their end goal of liberating Castalot. At every turn they'd managed to break Blitz's control over the major regions of Unityville. They'd defeated all of Blitz Surge's commanders, and all that remained was to take down Blitz Surge himself. But first and foremost came the liberation of Unityville. If they were going to take back Castalot, they would need a solid foothold relatively close to it.

'Maybe after we take care of this, I can finally get around to sorting out these feelings of mine.' Burst Stream thought to himself as he watched Celestia and Nightmare Moon chatting. The two seemed to be having a fairly pleasant conversation if the smiles on their faces were any indication. Seeing the two prompted a sigh from Burst. These were the two women who had the largest impact on his life due to the fact he'd promised Celestia to save Luna, and to give Nightmare Moon's sad story a happy ending. This fact was what made the relationships he'd built with both of them so great and so troubling at the same time.

Deep in his heart, Burst Stream still loved Celestia despite him currently dating Nightmare Moon. But at the same time, he felt a genuine romantic love for Nightmare Moon too. One that was equally as powerful as the love he felt for Celestia. And that was the problem. No matter how Burst Stream tried to picture a life with only one of the two beside him, he couldn't. Namely because he didn't want either of them to be sad or alone. Especially given the many years both had spent alone. Burst Stream looked down at his hands in thought.

'I'm starting to see why harem anime is so popular now.' Burst thought with a frown. 'Nobody has to worry about someone getting hurt by being rejected and chosen above the others. I have a hand for each of them. . . but what am I saying?! I can't do that to them! They both deserve someone who can love them with all their heart! They shouldn't have to share someone like that! It's not fair to them!'

Burst let out a heavy sigh as he stared up at the sky in thought. 'I wonder what advice Dad could give me on how to deal with this? He's had multiple relationships before. Granted, one could barely be called that and the other one didn't go anywhere, but he still managed to sort out his feelings towards multiple women! If he can tell me how he did it, then I can do the same!'

"Burst?" Nightmare Moon called out as she waved her hand in front of Burst Stream's face. Snapping out of his thoughts. "We're about to head back to base to discuss taking back Unityville and using it as a foothold to siege Castalot. You coming or not?"

"Oh. Sorry about that, Moon." Burst chuckled. "Just kinda got caught up thinking about what's happened lately."

"Yeah. I can see that." Nightmare Moon smiled. "Me? I'm just happy that it'll be over soon. I love a good fight, but" She then gripped Burst's hand. "I love our peaceful times together even more."

"Trust me. After this mess is over, me and the guys are considering taking a looong vacation." Burst Stream sighed. "Faust knows we've earned it."

"Celestia just might make your vacation an order once we take down Blitz Surge." Nightmare Moon giggled. "Ready to teleport back to the castle?"

"Yep." Burst Stream nodded as he joined his companions in being teleported back to the Castle of the Two Sisters. "We're back!"

"Good to have you all back!" Inferno greeted his best friend with a grin! "The rest of us just got back not that long ago! And since we took down all his commanders, all that's left is that asshole of an usurper!"

"Indeed." Aether said with a sage nod as he entered the room. "Congratulations to all of you in your successful liberation efforts. We'll be heading for Unityville within a couple days. I'd say immediately, but we could all honestly use some time to rest after the last few battles. We all need to be at the top of our game if we want to cement our foothold."

"You guys heard my old man. Relax! That's an order!" Burst Stream smirked as his friends went off to rest and spend some quality time with their significant others. However, Burst was stopped when Aether put his hand on his shoulder. "Hm? What's up, Dad?"

"Son. I'd like a moment alone." Aether said with a small smile. "I hope that's alright with you."

"You kidding? You saved me and my friends' hide back in Castalot." Burst smiled. "That's worth more than enough minutes. So what did you wanna talk about?"

"It's not so much talking." Aether chuckled as he activated the lightsaber he'd wielded when he'd come to Burst Stream's aid when the heroes had tried to preemptively cripple the Lancer Forces. "Just felt like reliving some of our favorite memories."

"Really now?" Burst Stream smirked as he pulled out his primary blaster, pulled back the hammer and shifted back the barrel before igniting the lightsaber mode by pulling the trigger! "Bring it old man!"

"I could say the same to you, son!" Aether chuckled as he got into a defensive stance as he and Burst locked blades! Sparks flying out as their blades clashed! "I'm impressed, Burst! You managed to push me back a little with your first strike!"

"Still haven't knocked you back after all these years, Dad!" Burst replied as he blocked one of his father's strikes, and drew his spare blaster! Letting loose a few shots to put Aether even further on the defensive! "But you didn't say which of my tools I was limited to!"

"You say tools and not weapons? You really have grown, son." Aether smiled as he deactivated his lightsaber with Burst holstering his weapons as well. "I remember when you just started training with me, you thought that weapons make the warrior."

"Well, you sure ground that lesson into me thoroughly." Burst chuckled as he remembered the training he'd undergone shortly after dropping out of Celestia's School for Gifted Magi. "You were able to beat me with just a few punches and kicks. That taught me that the warrior is the weapon. Gear and equipment? That stuff is just tools and extensions. Heck, when I first officially met Blitz Surge, he said I wasn't a 'real warrior' because I used guns as well as swords." The two of them let out a brief laugh before Burst Stream's expression turned serious. "Hey, Dad?"

"What is it?" Aether asked in a concerned tone as he noticed his son's change in demeanor.

"Do you think I'm a real hero?" Burst Stream asked. "More importantly, if Blitz and I had our origins swapped, would you still consider me your true son?"

Silence reigned between the pair of them for a moment before Aether stepped towards his son and took a deep breath. Looking Burst Stream right in the eye as he spoke to him.

"Burst Stream." Aether began. "Regardless of your origins, be it being born the same way as Blitz Surge, natural means like how you came into this world, or by adoption, there is one indisputable fact that cements you as my son. I raised you, Burst. From the moment you came into this world as a baby, and to the young man that I see before me now. Though we share blood, there is a far more powerful bond that cements us as family. One of heart and soul. From the second you came into this world, I felt with all of my heart and deep in my soul that I loved you and that you were my child."

"Thanks Dad." Burst Stream smiled.

"I'm not finished yet kiddo." Aether chuckled. "In every battle you've fought, you always made sure to take the fight away from people. When the enemy could no longer fight, you showed them mercy. Despite all your battles, you only ever attacked in self-defense. But I think the actions that speak most about you were when Nightmare Moon returned. Instead of treating her like a monster or threat, you treated her like a person. And never once did you ever do it for the glory. You fought against evil because it was simply the right thing to do. Even more significant is that you did it to save people. Taking all of this into account, you're not a hero, Burst. You're a SUPER hero. And I couldn't be prouder to say that."

"It means a lot to hear that from you." Burst Stream beamed. "You know, one day, I hope to be as good as you."

"No, son." Aether chuckled. "One day, you're going to be better than me." 'And something tells me that day will be coming very soon.' The moment between parent and child was soon interrupted by Nightfall Silver screaming at the top of his lungs and running through the castle's halls!

"GUYS! GUYS!" Nightfall Silver shouted as he made a mad dash to each of the heroes! "YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!"

"Whoa! Slow down there Nightfall!" Inferno cautioned as he clamped his hands down on Nightfall's shoulders! "What's got you so worked up that you can't just tell us about it?"

"Telling you won't do it justice, Inferno!" Nightfall exclaimed! "Where's Burst and his dad at?! They need to see this the most!"

"Ask and we'll answer." Burst Stream replied. "Now what've you got to show us that's so urgent?"

"This way!" Nightfall beckoned! "The others need to see this too! They should be gathered by now!"

It wasn't long before the heroes were all assembled in front of Nightfall's computer. And the sight displayed on it was more than enough to warrant Nightfall's extreme reaction. The screen displayed the broadcast of Blitz Surge and a reporter sitting across from each other. The title of the segment being "BLITZ SURGE SEEKING PEACE TERMS WITH ELEMENTS OF HEROISM. THE END OF THE HERO WARS?"

"No way. . . " Inferno shook his head in disbelief. "I don't believe this!"

"Surrendering after his commanders are defeated." Celestia said as she tilted her head in confusion. "Why would he give up when he holds a power that even we gods can't beat?"

"Either he finally grew a brain, or he's got something up his sleeve." Nightmare Moon scoffed as she crossed her arms. "It doesn't change the fact he's overdue for an ass kicking."

"So, Blitz Surge. What prompted you to seek out peace terms with the Elements of Heroism?" The reporter asked. A nervous edge in their voice as they questioned the usurper.

"The answer is quite simple. My commanders proved incompetent." Blitz Surge answered. "I had gathered them with the hopes of forming a team to counter the Elements of Heroism. But it appears they did not live up to my expectations."

"Not hard to see why given the numerous battles the Elements of Heroism have fought." The reporter noted. "Especially since they outnumber your commanders and some of them even ascended to godhood. Making them literally on the same level as our rulers."

Blitz Surge bristled and recovered, but it was sensed by all of the heroes as they continued to view the press announcement.

"Former rulers." Blitz stated flatly. "But seeing as how my robotic forces and commanders are greatly outmatched, it stands to reason that any further deployment of units would be futile. And. . . " Blitz Surge turned to look directly into the camera. And as he did, a foreboding smile crept across his face. "I wish to reconcile with my brother. Our reunion has been long overdue."

"Alright, I've seen enough of this." Burst Stream groaned. "Nightfall? Please shut this off. I don't think any of us can take another second of it."

"You don't need to tell me twice." Nightfall quipped as he immediately tuned off of the broadcast. "So. What's our next move?"

"Isn't it obvious? We siege Castalot!" Dark Ice exclaimed!

"That was our game plan after liberating the areas occupied by Lancer forces." Steel Edge noted.

"But it looks like we might have an alternative to that option." Arctic Ace said as he stroked his chin in thought. "But I've got the feeling Blitz Surge's peace terms will only be in favor of one party."

"Believe me, Ace. I don't buy what he's spouting for a second." Burst Stream said with frown as he crossed his arms. "Deep in my gut, I know Blitz isn't one to compromise. The only peace he'll ever accept is if I denounce myself as a hero and my dad's son, or if my corpse is under his foot." An uncertain look was present in Burst's eyes. "Still. . . "

"Burst." Inferno asked as he cautiously addressed his best friend and leader. "What are you thinking?"

Burst Stream took a deep breath before addressing the gathered heroes. "I'm thinking that I should at least try to settle this without any further fighting. But before any of you start thinking I'm crazy, I'm going in there with with the Duelist Arms. In fact, all of us will be going armed to the teeth. Some part of me can't help but know things won't go right, but I really hope that part of me is wrong. Nightfall, when and where did the broadcast say this meeting would happen?"

"Within a couple days. Two at the minimum." Nightfall answered. "You sure that you want to go through with this?"

"If we don't, then Blitz will use it to try and demonize us." Burst Stream let out a sigh, but it was followed by a small smile. "But something tells me that it won't work. They didn't buy that his coup was for the greater good, so why trust anything else he spews from his mouth?"

"Then it looks like we'll have day or two to recuperate from our previous battles." Celestia chimed in with a warm smile. "A short rest, but one we've earned nonetheless."

"You heard the princess!" Aether chuckled. "Can't save the world if you're dead tired, can you?"

"True enough." Burst Stream shrugged as he made his way towards his father. "Hey, Dad? There's another piece of advice I could use right now."

"It's regarding your love life, isn't it?" Aether asked with a knowing smile. "I knew this matter would always be on your mind son. Ever since Shining Dawn forced you and Celestia to separate, and your recent 'return from the dead' and reunion with all of us."

"A parent's intuition at work, huh?" Burst chuckled before uncertainty once again became visible on his face. "How'd you do it Dad? How did you manage to sort out your feelings towards multiple women in you life? I know it was easy for Mom and that sorting out your feelings towards Shining Dawn's witch of a mother, but what about how you felt towards Abyss and Mom?"

"Well the answer's quite simple, son." Aether said with a fatherly smile. "I always tried to picture a life without one of them. How being with them made me feel. With Abyss, it felt like having a trusted friend you could always confide in. While she did help me recover from Radiant Dawn betraying me, I couldn't picture myself having a life with her. Your mother, on the other hand, was someone that I couldn't see myself without. Now for the real question. Who can you picture a life without: Celestia or Nightmare Moon? And how do each of them make you feel?"

"I. . . " Burst Stream closed his eyes as he tried to visualize a life where he was either exclusively with Celestia or Nightmare Moon. And much like the other times he'd tried to visualize it, he couldn't. As for how they made him feel, he felt complete when both of them were with him. Largely because both of them played a large part in his life. "I can't."

"Then you have your answer." Aether smiled. "In fact, it kind of makes sense that you'd fall for both of them. You fight with all of yourself. Both light and darkness in complete harmony."

"Thanks Dad." Burst smiled as he hugged his father. "Once this is all over, I'll tell them about my feelings. Whatever the consequences are, I'll accept them. Even if it means neither of them want anything to do with me once all is said and done."

'Something tells me you won't have to worry about that outcome.' Aether thought with a knowing smile as he watched his son depart for the company of his fellow elements and heroes. 'You've come so far from where you began. And soon you'll go even farther.'

Two days passed in the blink of an eye, and the day of negotiations had arrived. The group of heroes had arrived an hour before the designated time, and were waiting in Unityville for Blitz Surge to arrive. Sure enough, the usurper made a grand entrance. A smug smile on his face as he made his way towards Burst Stream and the others. He thought that striding forwards with a small squadron of all the Lancer units created would inspire awe in the townspeople. But all he saw in their eyes was fear and disgust.

"It's strange that I'm receiving such a chilly reception." Blitz Surge chuckled. "After all, I'm the hero who liberated them from the rule of useless leaders and drove out a band of pretenders that dared to call themselves heroes. A band led by one who is unworthy of being the son of the land's greatest hero. It's so good to see you again brother. Have you witnessed the fruits of my labor? Is the harmony I've brought not glorious?"

'You're the only pretender here. You didn't liberate anything. And you're the farthest thing from a hero.' Burst Stream thought with a scowl before replying. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, Blitz Surge."

"It's disgusting to hear a pretender like you quote those greater than yourself." Blitz Surge frowned. His hand reaching for his katana, but stopping as his face returned to a neutral expression. "But today is not for further strife. Today is about ending our little sibling rivalry."

"You're no family of mine." Burst Stream stated flatly. "But you're at least right about this meeting's purpose. What're your terms?"

"It's quite simple, brother." Blitz Surge smirked. "I want you and your friends to officially renounce yourselves as official heroes. If any of you wish to continue the never ending battle of justice, you will be more than welcomed within the Lancers. However," An evil glint appeared in Blitz Surge's eyes. "You, brother, shall be imprisoned for the rest of your life. The rest of your friends are free to go, but you shall be brought to justice for your crimes!"

"What am I charged with?" Burst Stream frowned.

"For falsely declaring yourself a hero!" Blitz Surge snapped! "You have desecrated the mantle I so rightly deserve!"

"And yet you've never done anything to prove that you do." Burst Stream shot back. "But before we get lost, there's another important matter. Leadership of Unity."

"Ah, yes." Blitz smirked. "Celestia and Luna will be more than welcome to have positions as advisors to me. Nightmare Moon. however, shall be sent to where she belongs. Imprisoned upon the moon."

"All of your peace terms strangely seem to benefit only you." Burst Stream stated crossly as he narrowed his eyes. "Why should you be allowed to sit on Unity's throne when you don't know a thing about ruling? Especially since we've been doing just fine under Celestia and Luna's rule. I could understand your sentiment with Nightmare Moon's sentencing, but I refuse to accept that term since she's taken responsibility for her actions. Also, I never proclaimed to the world that I'm a hero."

"So you refuse to compromise, do you?" Blitz Surge frowned. "Perhaps the power you held as the leader of the Elements of Heroism has gone to your head."

"How are any of your terms compromises?" Burst Stream snapped. "Because no matter how I look at it, you still walk away with the most gains. That's not how talks like these work."

"Oh? Since when did you become so knowledgeable about negotiations?" Blitz Surge asked with a sly smile. "All the times I've seen you solve problems, they always involved you throwing your weapons and might around."

"Because that's what a leader is supposed to do." Burst Stream answered. His serious expression never wavering in the face of Blitz Surge's goading! "What I suggest is that you return the throne to Celestia and Luna, and relinquish the Power of Harmony. It's not meant to be used in the ways you have. The Lancers will face the consequences of their actions. You'll be no exception to that."

"How delusional of you." Blitz Surge scoffed. "Still trying to make me the villain of the story."

"Are you that blind to what you've done?!" Burst Stream's calm finally broke! "All the people you've hurt?! How you oppressed the same people you claim to protect?!"

"A false hero and unworthy son has no right to question or look down on me." Blitz Surge scoffed before turning his attention to Aether. "But father, I suppose there is one amendment to Burst Stream's proposed terms that would make them acceptable. After all, both parties should receive some gain from this compromise, yes?"

"Name your amendment." Aether frowned.

"Disown Burst Stream as your son." Blitz Surge answered with a gleeful smile. "In his stead, name me as your heir and successor to the mantle of hero! And once the pretender is cast out, you can reclaim mother from the filthy changeling that has seduced her! We can be a family as we were always meant to-!"

"I refuse." Aether said flatly. The anger in his eyes betraying the calm expression on his face. "I already have a family and so do you. Your mother. You have lived without me in your life just fine."

"I don't think he's going to listen to you Dad." Burst Stream sighed. "And honestly? I've had enough of listening to him. I can't abide by any of your terms, Blitz Surge. Especially any arrangement leads to you not answering for your crimes!"

"Then there will be no peace!" Blitz Surge cried out as a rainbow-colored aura exploded to life around him! His whole body bulking up more as a result! "I have been increasing my immersion into the power of Harmony! And now. . . YOU SHALL ALL FACE MY DIVINE JUSTICE!"

'I knew it would come to this. I just didn't want it to be true.' Burst Stream thought to himself as he and his friends readied their weapons! "Everyone get ready!" But before the other heroes could ready themselves, Blitz Surge bound all of them save for Burst and Aether in chains forged from the Power of Harmony!

"BEGONE!" Blitz Surge shouted as he sent out a wave of harmony magic to push out the bound heroes! Leaving him with only Burst and Aether! With a snap of his fingers, Blitz Surge created a barrier around the three of them! "This is a family matter."

"So. This is what they call a heartwarming family reunion." Burst Stream said as he readied his weapons. "You good to go on this fight, Dad?"

"If he's so determined to call himself my son," Aether sighed before igniting his own lightsaber! "Then I'll give him the discipline he so rightly deserves!"

"You. . . " Blitz Surge growled as he glared at Burst Stream and Aether standing against him! "YOU FILTHY PRETENDER! YOU TURNED FATHER AGAINST ME!" And he shot out a blast of magic right at Burst in his rage!

"He was never on your side to begin with!" Burst Stream countered as he deflected the blast! 'He's not kidding when he said that he immersed himself in Harmony! It was bad enough when he just channeled the power into his sword strikes! Now he can send blasts of it out too!' "If you stopped being so self-centered, maybe you'd see that!"

"Son," Aether cautioned as he and Burst took to the air to avoid the shockwave Blitz Surge sent out by pounding the ground! "I don't think he's in a listening mood!"

"I WILL CLAIM WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!" Blitz Surge roared as he unleashed a rapid series of blasts from his hands! Prompting Burst and Aether to cast shield spells around themselves to guard against the barrage! "I WILL NOT BE DENIED!" Channeling the power of Harmony into his fists, Blitz Surge leaped into the air and smashed the shield spells! With another rage-filled roar, Blitz swung his empowered fists around in the hopes of swatting Burst Stream to the ground! However, Aether's interference made that difficult!

For each time Blitz Surge attempted to swat Burst Stream out of the sky, Aether slashed to distract him! And with Blitz Surge distracted, this gave Burst Stream an excellent window to lay down some punishment! Wasting no time, Burst Stream charged up a shot from his blaster and fired it point blank! The shock of Aether fighting him and the force of the blast managed to knock Blitz Surge back to ground level! But when the dust cleared, he barely had a scratch on him!

"Dammit! Not a scratch on him!" Burst Stream growled as he and Aether landed!

"The power of Harmony is something not even gods can stand against." Aether stated as he adopted a defensive stance. Burst Stream soon following his father's lead. "And in the hands of someone as unstable as Blitz, it's incredibly dangerous."

"You are wise to caution the pretender, Father." Blitz Surge said with a wicked smile as he conjured spears made out of the power of Harmony! Aiming them right at Burst Stream! "Leave this business to me, Father. I shall rid you of the stain on your legacy and our bloodline."

"I'm not that easy to get rid off!" Burst Stream retorted! "You should've known that when you left me to die in the Everfree Forest after ambushing me! Not very heroic of you."

"You SHOULD have died there!" Blitz Surge snarled! "Your very existence is a sin against me! Your entire LIFE is an insult to me! All you've done! All you've ever had! It was all supposed to be mine!" With all his fury, Blitz Surge launched the spears at Burst Stream! Only for Burst and Aether to block and deflect them!

"You already had a happy life! One with a mother who you meant the world to!" Burst Stream countered as he deflected the spears of harmony! "But it just wasn't good enough for you, was it?! So you expected that just because you called yourself a hero and underwent the training, but did nothing to earn that mantle, that Dad would just accept you?! Not only that, but you would've let innocent people suffer just so you could get the biggest spotlight possible when you decided to finally act?! If anything, you're the only disgrace here!"

"If I'm so horrible, then strike me dead where I stand, brother!" Blitz Surge smirked as he ceased his attacks, and stood still with his arms out to his sides in a beckoning gesture. "Strike me down with all your might behind you!"

"Whatever happens, just know you asked for it!" Burst Stream snapped as he began channeling magic into his right fist! "WHITE LIGHTNING. . . " Burst Stream flew right at Blitz Surge, and struck him right in the face with his charged-up fist!

"NO, BURST!" Aether cried out in warning! "HE'S BAITING YOU!"

But Aether's warning came too late as Burst Stream was already within striking distance of Blitz Surge!

"OVERDRIVE!" A massive explosion of light energy erupted from the impact! But when the light died down, Blitz Surge was still standing and had barely moved an inch! Pure terror was seen in Burst Stream's eyes as Blitz stared back with a cold smile.

"Impressive. For a mongrel." Blitz Surge chuckled. "But allow me to show you the attack of a TRUE hero!" Blitz began channeling his magic and the power of Harmony into his right fist! "Harmonic Overdrive: One-Fifth Impact." Burst was too shocked from the failure of his attack that he couldn't move as Blitz struck him in the stomach! An explosion of rainbow-colored light enveloping Burst Stream! The Element of Power screaming in agony as the attack hit him!

"AAAAUUUUGGGHHH!"

The entire crowd looked on in horror as the light died down and Burst Stream fell to his knees! Panting heavily as he tried to get on his feet!

"Strange. I expected you to be in worse shape than you are." Blitz Surge frowned as he noted the state of Burst Stream. "Perhaps you not only gained dragon wings, but also their resistance to magic. No matter." A cruel smile spread across Blitz Surge's face as he reached for his katana. "Perhaps this day will end like a hero's story. With me cutting down a vile beast!"

"NO!" Aether shouted as he encased Burst Stream in a bubble of magic, and hurled him out of Unityville! Safely out of Blitz Surge's reach! "I will not allow you to harm my son any further!"

"How can you favor that abomination over me?!" Blitz Surge growled as he and Aether stared each other down! "I was made from a literal part of your essence! I am more like you than Burst Stream could ever be!"

"Then I refuse to recognize you as my child!" Aether declared! "The point of your life is not to become me! It's to be your own person! To carve out your own identity! If all you wish to be is another me, then you have no life of your own!" Aether's anger soon gave way to sadness. "But there is still a chance for you to be a hero. To be a better person than who I see before me. I can't recognize you as my son, Blitz Surge. But I can lead you down the path to become the hero you see yourself as!"

Blitz Surge was silent for a moment before her scowled at Aether. "I knew it. That pretender has corrupted you from the day he was born. A true hero would never be so pathetically soft and merciful as you are."

"Then I truly am not your father." Aether said sadly. "Because you don't know me at all."

"I am done listening, old man." Blitz Surge hissed as the aura of Harmony exploded around him, and he launched an all-out assault against Aether! The god was unprepared for the flurry of blows and caught the full force of the attack! It wasn't long before Aether was launched into the air by a vicious uppercut! Blitz then reached for his katana, and leaped into the air! Unleashing a lighting-fast quickdraw slash before snapping his fingers! A pair of wings constructed from the power of Harmony appeared on Blitz's back before shattering into various rainbow-colored lasers and positioning themselves all around Aether! Blitz Surge floated down to the ground and sheathed his katana. "Harmony of Justice."

As soon as Blitz sheathed his katana, the lasers pelted Aether! The onslaught was relentless and only ended when a massive rainbow-colored beam enveloped Aether! Sending the god down to the ground and forming a crater upon impact! Blitz Surge wasted no time to gaze upon Aether's defeated form.

"You're right, father. I don't need to be the next you." Blitz Surge sneered. "Because I have surpassed you. I now command a power that not even the gods can stand against, and now I have bested you. By this right, I am your better."

Meanwhile, Burst Stream had tried to bust his way out of the bubble spell Aether had cast on him. But try as he might, it didn't look like the bubble spell would fade until he reached the edge of Unityville!

'Damn! I played right into Blitz's hands!' Burst Stream thought to himself as he saw that he was quickly approaching the outskirts! 'Hold tight Dad! Once I'm out of this thing, I'm flying right back to you! I promise you, I'm gonna make this right!'

Back at Unityville, Blitz was still taking in Aether's defeated form. But before he could gloat any further, something made him freeze in place. Aether was laughing. It was weak and sounded like it hurt to do so, but it was laughter all the same.

"Just what do you find so amusing?" Blitz Surge scoffed as he looked down on Aether. "Are you so arrogant or deluded to think that you can defeat me in your state?"

"No." Aether chuckled weakly. "I'm laughing that you think it would be me to bring you down." Slowly but surely, Aether rose to his feet. A proud smile on his face. "No. It's not my destiny to defeat you. That destiny belongs to my son."

"You still praise that pretender so highly?" Blitz Surge growled. "What hope does he have if I can beat you?"

Burst Stream's bubble had just touched down on Unityville's outskirts!

"Finally!" Burst exclaimed as he spread his wings and took off back towards town! "I've gotta hurry! There's no time to lose!"

"By defeating me, you'll unleash a force stronger than even the power of Harmony." Aether replied. "One far stronger than you could possibly imagine. You are waking a sleeping dragon, Blitz Surge. One that will awaken to the true greatest power of a hero. Hope."

Blitz Surge simply frowned as he prepared to cast a spell on Aether! "I would like to see him try once you stand as a monument to my victory, and his failure."

"DAD!" Burst Stream cried out as he hovered above the center of town! "HOLD ON!"

Aether noticed his son's cry, and his proud smile brightened even further as he activated his lightsaber and held it in front of him with a peaceful expression on his face. Closing his eyes as he accepted his fate. And Burst Stream's eyes went wide with horror as he saw what was unfolding!

"NOOOO!" Burst Stream screamed as he tried to intercept the spell Blitz Surge cast! But it was too late. A blinding light went off as the spell made contact with Aether. And when the light died down, Aether stood as a platinum statue. And the sight of it made Burst fall to his knees as he landed before his father. Tears already falling from his eyes. "Dad. . . "

"I want you to know one thing above anything else, brother." Blitz Surge spat with as much venom as he could muster while approaching Burst Stream. "This is all YOUR fault. Your foolish rebellion forced my hand. As did your turning of father against me. THIS is your punishment for the sin of existing! And for that, now. . . " Blitz Surge's hand gripped the handle of his katana. "YOU DI-!"

Before Blitz could strike, a powerful aura of magic exploded from Burst Stream! The force of it knocking Blitz Surge back! Unlike the standard aura of Burst Stream's magic, this one was royal blue! And as Burst turned to face Blitz, his eyes were glowing with light of the same color! Burst Stream scowling at Blitz Surge as he advanced towards him! Each step making a crater as he went! Blitz Surge was shocked to see this much power coming from Burst Stream, but what happened next rocked him to his core! Burst Stream threw his head back, and roared!

"HHHHHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

But this was no roar that a human could make. Nor one of any mere beast! It was the roar of an ancient and powerful being whose anger had hit its breaking point! The roar of anger and sorrow let loose when one lost a loved one! The roar of an angry dragon! And as the aura stabilized, Burst Stream looked back at Blitz Surge with a dragon's eyes. But to Blitz Surge, it was if two sets of eyes were piercing through him. For faintly in the pupil of Burst Stream's eyes, Bahamut could be seen glaring furiously at Blitz Surge!

For a minute, all was silent as the two powerhouses stared each other down. But inwardly, Blitz Surge was beginning to feel something he'd never felt in Burst Stream's presence before. Fear. He was so utterly shaken by this burst of power, and terrified by the aura now surrounding Burst Stream! Out of instinct he took a step backwards. That was all the invitation Burst Stream needed to attack!

With blinding speed, Burst Stream launched a devastating punch to Blitz's stomach! Winding the usurper long enough to land a ferocious kick to the face! But Burst was far from finished as he let loose a flurry of rapid punches! Each one was delivered with great precision, and hit with the ferocity of the dragon king whose power he'd inherited! When he finally ceased his storm of blows, Burst Stream summoned his two-in-one weapon and shifted it into lightsaber mode! Channeling magic into the blade alongside his power, a platinum aura engulfed the entire weapon before he unleashed the power in one slash!

"BAHAMUT'S ROAR!" Burst Stream roared as a projection of Bahamut crashed into Blitz Surge! The attack breaking through any excuse for a guard that Blitz tried to put up! At the end, Blitz was significantly roughed up and on the ground, shivering in fright as Burst Stream stood over him. "Get out." And in a flash of light, Blitz Surge teleported back to Castalot.

All of Unityville erupted into cheers for Burst Stream's victory over Blitz Surge! While they people celebrated, the other heroes gathered around Burst Stream after Blitz's bindings shattered upon his defeat. Burst took one look at the statue his father had become, and tears silently fell down his face.

'Blitz Surge. I swear I'm going to stop you.' Burst thought as he stared towards Castalot before turning his attention back to his father. 'I'll show you what a real hero is!'