• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 532 Views, 89 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 6 - Bahamut0



The Elements of Heroism have been disbanded. And under the command of Blitz Surge, the Lancers now roam freely. However, all of Blitz's plans are about to burst apart. For Power has returned to restore hope!

  • ...
3
 89
 532

Episode 21: Assault on Appleoosa

To say things were getting rowdy would be an understatement. Ever since Blitz had taken over Castalot, the whole rest of Unity had been readying their defenses in an effort to resist the so-called hero's rule. Deep inside, they knew that they wouldn't stand much of a chance since the Lancer forces were solely robotic save for their commanders. How could they honestly hope to match enemies who didn't feel pain or exhaustion? Despite this fact, the pockets of resistance refused to simply go down without a fight. And none were more willing to put up a fight than the people of Appleoosa.

"Sheriff Silverstar?" A nervous deputy gulped as his eyes nervously peered out toward the horizon.

"I know, son." Silverstar said with a steely gaze as he looked at the horizon. "I can practically hear those tin cans marching towards us right now. To be honest, I'm feelin' a little skittish myself. But I'd rather go out guns-a-blazin' than hide like a coward."

"A sentiment I greatly respect, sheriff." Chief Strongheart said as he joined the sheriff's side. "This land is our home as well as yours. My people and I refuse to let it be taken by a tyrant who stole a mantle he never earned." The chief of the buffalo tribe patting his club proudly

"Much obliged, chief." Silverstar said with a small smile as he gave his six-shooter caster pistol a spin. "Better address the troops. They could use something to get 'em fired up." And with that, the sheriff of Appleoosa approached a podium at the town square. "Listen up everybody! Any minute now, the Lancers are gonna come knockin' on our door. And when they do, we'll give 'em the boot! If that varmint thinks we're gonna take what he did to our princesses quietly, he's sorely mistaken! So when his wind-up soldiers come marching in, give 'em Tartarus! If we go down, then we go down fightin'!" A rousing cheer came from the makeshift posse and buffalo tribe warriors that had gathered! "Everybody in battle formations!"

All the combatants remained still as they anticipated their coming enemy. And as they knew it would, the wind carried the sound of mechanical footsteps marching ever closer. Sure enough, the Lancer army peaked over the horizon. The robotic troops' optics glowing menacingly as they advanced.

"Alright, LET 'EM HAVE IT!" Silverstar cried out as the gathered combatants charged forward at the Lancer forces! But despite their brave efforts, the resistance fighters were hopelessly outclassed. As they ran out to meet their enemy, Valkyrie units fired at them from above! Causing any resistance members unlucky enough to get caught in the crossfire to scatter! Be it from laser blasts or micro-missiles, or the shockwaves sent out by the heavier of the Lancer units, the resistance forces were faring poorly in the battle.

"How you holdin' up, chief?" Silverstar asked as he pulled back the hammer of his caster pistol to change the spell it fired. "I can only get off six shots per spell before my caster needs to cool down!"

"Despite my strength, fighting these machines is like attempting to move a mountain!" Chief Strongheart grunted as he bashed away a Guardian unit and sent it crashing into a squad of Blades! "For every one we strike down, the rest never cease their advance!"

"Plus, we're sitting ducks thanks to those Valkyrie units!" Braeburn added as he narrowly dodged the sword of a Blade! "I don't know about everyone else, but Ah've been praying for some kinda cavalry to show up in this fight!"

Then, as if to answer Braeburn's desperate plea, six pillars of white light shot down onto the battlefield! When the light faded, it revealed that Tyrannus Rex, Applejack, Fluttershy, Magnet North, Pinkie Pie, and Starlight Glimmer had arrived!

"Alright everyone!" Ty cried out! "Send these tinkertoys to the scrapheap!"

"TALLY HO!" Magnet North cried out as he ran forward into the fray! Using his shot-blaster to wipe out entire squads of Blades at once! "Care to join me, love?"

"Well, if yer offerin'. . . " Applejack smirked as she drew her twin crossbows! "COME AN' GET IT YA VARMINTS!"

"Well, you prayed to the gods for help Braeburn." Silverstar whistled as he saw Ty tearing his way through the Lancer units and Pinkie Pie using magical balloon constructs that exploded upon contact with the enemy! "Two of 'em answered you."

"That's nice." Braeburn nodded as he made use of his Earthbound strength to kick away and stagger a Guardian. "But what're we gonna do about the buzzards circling above us?"

"Psssh! I can take care of that easy!" Pinkie Pie waved off Braeburn's worries with her trademark smile. Whipping out what looked like a bazooka! "Don't those silly Valkyries know it's dangerous to fly in the middle of a fireworks show?" Pinkie then fired a cluster of rockets out from her bazooka that exploded into fire works in the air! Rendering some of the Valkyrie units that were unfortunate enough not to dodge smoldering wrecks! "Better get anyone injured over to Fluttershy. She'll fix 'em right up! Now if you'll excuse me," Pinkie then pulled out her yo-yo. "I've got a few tricks to test out on our massive audience. Toodles!" And with that, the Avatar of Laughter threw herself into the middle of the melee!

Meanwhile, Starlight was helping Fluttershy tend to the wounded. However, it was proving to be difficult for them as they were constantly being harassed by Lancer units. At Ty's suggestion, Starlight put up a shield with her magic to help protect the wounded.

'I haven't had much practice using magic in combat, so here's where I can do the most good!' Starlight thought with a determined look on her face as she maintained the shield. 'This would go so much faster if I helped Fluttershy with the healing spells I know, but I didn't have to to modify this shield spell so that it didn't require my concentration to maintain!' Starlight flinched as Lancer robots converged on her position and hammered away at the shield in the hopes of breaking it down! "Ugh! These tinker toys are so annoying!"

"I'm sorry I can't go faster!" Fluttershy nervously chirped as she used her healing staff to restore the resistance fighters to fighting shape. "But I don't think we need to worry about the aerial units much longer."

As soon as Fluttershy spoke, a massive thunderbolt came down on the Valkyrie units swarming the skies! The robots reduced to scrap metal from the thunder striking them! Ty smirked as he blasted apart more Lancer robots with his shield-magnum in one hand, and blasting them with thunder spells with his other hand! The Avatar of Tolerance noticed that the resistance fighters were having difficulty with the heavy units of the Lancer forces, and decided to deliver a little divine assistance. Using a mere fraction of his strength, Ty stomped the ground and sent out a quake that staggered the heavy Lancer units long enough for the resistance forces to topple them and make shot work of brutish bots! However, a new arrival soon caught Ty's attention. Something was crawling over the horizon towards the battlefield. Something BIG. And Garble was riding atop said something with an arrogant smile on his face. Meanwhile, Applejack and North were helping out another group facing off some of the more basic Lancer units.

"Say Applejack. Think we can count all these bouts we've been in as dates?" Magnet North joked as he blasted apart some Blades! "Because I think we could stand to do something new!"

"Date plans AFTER we finish off these walking trash cans." Applejack lightly scolded her boyfriend. A slight blush on her face as she thought of having some time alone with Magnet North after they successfully defended Appleoosa. However, she was snapped out of her imaginings as she saw a Guardian about to hammer North! "Oh no you don't!" Using her Earthbound strength, Applejack managed to hold back the Guardian's hammer!

"Ah'm not lettin' you turn my man into a pancake! HRRAUUGH!" With all of her strength, Applejack lifted the Guardian and slammed it hard into the ground! Finishing it off with an energy bolt from her crossbow! "And stay down!"

". . . My hero." Magnet North said with a loving smile at Applejack's display of strength and love for him. "I swear lass, I NEED to marry you someday!" But before the Element of Nobility could get back into the fight, the sound of the ground rumbling made all the combatants freeze!

Mere moments later, the source of the rumbling came into view. Rolling up to the battlefield was gigantic cannon on tank treads. And riding atop it was Garble with his usual cocky, arrogant smirk. All of the Lancer units instantly broke off their attacks and assembled around Garble and the cannon. Flanking the dragon Lancer's left and right.

"Alright, losers! Hope you're listening!" Garble barked as he stood up and sneered down at the resistance fighters who'd fought against his troops' assault and the element members that had arrived to assist them. "I'm gonna make why I'm here real simple. See this bad boy I'm on? It's a sweet new toy that Hax helped develop for us Lancers, and he's just been DYING to see it in action! So I figured, what better test drive for it than leveling some no-name dirt town that nobody would miss?"

"This is just like him." Ty muttered as he glared at Garble. "If he'd have won the Gauntlet of Fire, he'd have tried to torch Unity and steal everything whatever he wanted. Then again, he wouldn't have gotten very far with me and the other guys taking him on. And from what Spike told us, he only got farther in the gauntlet because he tailed him and Ember. He's just a weakling like all bullies are. I wouldn't put it past him to hold the town hostage."

"But, hey. I'm a nice guy." Garble chuckled maliciously. "So, if you idiots decide to be smart and give up, I'll find someplace else to test drive my new toy somewhere else. We got a deal?"

"You can take your offer and shove it!" Starlight snapped as she felt something explode within her! To everyone's shock, her magical aura began to shine brighter than it ever had before! "There's no way we're letting someone like Blitz Surge dig his claws into our land any further! WE'LL TAKE BACK OUR HOME EVEN IF IT KILLS US!"

"Y'know, you're starting to get me in a bad mood." Garble growled. "Snap at me again, and I just might decide to test out my new toy without waiting! Once all these losers are homeless, it'll be on YOUR head!"

"TRY IT JERK!" Starlight screamed as her magical aura exploded into a radiant light! Most of the people bearing witness had to shield their eyes from the brightness! It was like a star was shining right in front of them! And with a defiant cry, Starlight poured even more magical power into her shield spell! The shield now expanding so that it covered the heroes and guarded Appleoosa from the cannon! "I WON'T LET YOU DO IT!"

"Grrr! FINE THEN!" Garble snapped as he slammed his fist on the cannon's charging button! "JUST KNOW THAT THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Within seconds, the cannon began to hum to life! As its mechanisms whirred to life, energy gathered into the cannon's barrel! A bright yellow light forming as the cannon prepared to fulfill its purpose! Once the energy hit its peak, a massive orb of yellow light was sitting at the cannon's mouth! Wasting no time, Garble hammered the fire button! "TAKE THIS!"

A split second latter, an enormous energy blast was sent roaring out of the cannon towards Starlight's shield spell! A blinding light was emitted when the cannon's blast collided against Starlight's shield spell, and the ground quaked beneath everyone as the collision's vibrations rocked the land! When the smoke cleared, Starlight's shield was still intact! Garble frowned, and attempted to charge the cannon again. Only to receive a notice alarm that the cannon was out of power.

"Piece of junk!" Garble grumbled before addressing the resistance and the heroes. "You all got lucky that this sucker's out of power for now, but mark my words! Come tomorrow, you'd all better pack your bags because this whole place is getting wiped off the map!" And with that, Garble withdrew his forces along with the cannon.

As the Lancer forces broke off their attack for now, the resistance in Appleoosa let out a collective sigh of relief as they began to rush their wounded back into town so they could be properly attended to. Fluttershy may have taken care of a good number of them, but a little extra medical help could go a long way. However, the elements members lingered on the now vacant battlefield to see how Starlight was holding up. When they approached her, they could've sworn the irises of her eyes were swirling like galaxies.

"Um, Starlight?" Fluttershy asked nervously. "You can drop the shield now."

"H-Huh?" Starlight stuttered as her eyes returned to normal and she cut off her magic. "So. . . Appleoosa's still standing? That's. . . good. . . " Starlight had an exhausted smile as she began to fall towards the ground! Thankfully, Applejack caught her before she could make contact.

"Easy there sugarcube. We gotcha." Applejack said as Magnet North helped prop up Starlight. "We'll get her into town so she can rest up. After that, we'll meet up with Sheriff Silverstar and Chief Strongheart. Something's gotta be done about that cannon."

"I couldn't agree more." Ty said with a nod as he and Fluttershy followed the trio back into town. "But I've got something in mind already."

"What do you plan on doing, Ty?" Fluttershy asked.

"Let's just say I'll get to show off what my Duelist Arm can really do." Ty smiled. "Just smiting that cannon with a thunder spell wouldn't have as much of an impact. Besides, I'm more of a defender or guardian than a brute. But I'll show that bully that tanks don't just take hits. They dish them back twice as hard."

After dropping Starlight off at the hospital, the element members met with Sheriff Silverstar and Chief Strongheart to discuss how to deal with Garble's cannon.

"We can't thank you enough for savin' our hides back there." Silverstar said as he removed his hat for a quick bow of respect and gratitude. "All of us were holdin' onto some hope since we never heard any news about either of the elements gettin' nabbed. And now, here some of you are helping us take back our home!"

"Indeed." Chief Strongheart nodded. "Though we have more urgent concerns at the moment. More specifically, that cannon which posses the power to lay waste to all of Appleoosa. This land is our shared home. And to lose it would be more painful than any wound suffered in battle."

"I understand your worries." Ty assured the two leaders. "But there's no need to panic. When tomorrow comes, the cannon will be dealt with. I'll make sure of that."

"Planning on throwing a monkey wrench into their plans, are we?" Magnet North chuckled. "It'd be easy for you to smash that machine with your bare fists. If you're aiming for sabotage, we should've brought Nightfall or Akage with us."

"I'm not planning on sabotage, North." Ty shook his head. "No, I'm going to take their own firepower and throw it back in their faces!" Needless to say, the assembled group were shocked at Ty's declaration.

"Er, no offense son, but just how're you gonna do that all by yer lonesome? Ah know yer an Avatar, so you bitin' the dust isn't a concern at all." Sheriff Silverstar asked nervously. "But, couldn't yer friend who put up the shield just use some kinda reflection magic to send their cannon fire back at 'em?"

"Starlight Glimmer's going to be out of commission for a good while." Applejack sighed. "Puttin' up that shield really took a lot out of the poor girl. Especially when she had to expand it so quickly."

"Plus, Ty's CRAZY strong since he's an Avatar now!" Pinkie Pie chirped. "And I already brought TONS of popcorn for everyone while we watch Ty turn the tide!"

"Leave it to Pinkie to turn anything into a party." Fluttershy beamed.

"Well, if yer all sure about it fine." Sheriff Silverstar sighed before smiling. "Give 'em one from all of us here in Appleoosa."

"Trust me." Ty smirked. "My one shot back at them is going to be for all of us. Until then, we'd better rest and relax while we can. Stressing out with all this tension in the air isn't going to do us any favors."

Night soon fell on Appleoosa, and resistance fighters took the precious little time they had to meet with their friends and loved ones. All of them thankful that they'd managed to survive the first battle to liberate Unity from Blitz Surge's wicked grip. When it came time for them to sleep, many had restless slumber. The element members were no exception.

"Hmm?" Magnet North slowly rose from his bed when he saw Applejack entering his room. A nervous look on her face and a slight blush. "What's got you restless, love?"

"Just. . . tomorrow." Applejack sighed as she sat at the foot of North's bed. "North, I'll be honest with you, I'm scared. If tomorrow goes badly-"

"Then we'll learn from it. And it will give us and the people greater reason to take a stand." North said in a comforting tone as he took a hold of Applejack's hand. "But you know lass? Something tells me tomorrow will work out just fine. The fact that the others will be helping to liberate the other major regions is something that gives everyone hope. Worrying about what could happen won't do anyone any good if it doesn't. It's a little something I learned during my time on my own."

"Well, you're not on your own now." Applejack said with a loving smile. "I don't know what kind of a life you had before me and my family took you in, but I know you're a lot happier now."

"I suppose you'll be wanting the whole truth someday?" North asked with a small smile. "You might not like the truth."

"Only if you're ready to tell me." Applejack smiled as she climbed into bed with North. "And the truth is, I'll still love you because you'll still be the same noble person who saved the Element of Honesty's home by lying."

"Sweet Faust I love you." North said as he embraced Applejack. The pair falling asleep in each other's arms. At the same time, Tyrannus Rex and Fluttershy were also having their own moment.

"You're sure holding me tight Fluttershy." Tyrannus said as he hugged his girlfriend. "I guess that shows how strong you are on the inside."

"Do you really have to go out there alone tomorrow?" Fluttershy asked as she nuzzled against Tyrannus' chest.

"Someone has to show the Lancers what a real hero does." Tyrannus said firmly. "And I'd tolerate so much worse if it meant keeping you safe because I love you so much."

"And I'd do the same for you." Fluttershy yawned as she drifted off to sleep. Tyrannus following suit as tomorrow slowly marched towards them all.

When the morning came, Tyrannus immediately rose out of bed. Upon equipping his Duelist Arm in its shield form after dressing himself, he paused when he saw Fluttershy's still sleeping form. A small smile came to Ty's face as he gently patted Fluttershy's head before departing. A faint smile on the Element of Kindness's face as Ty left the room they were staying in. All of Appleoosa seemed to nervously gather as Tyrannus made his way to the edge of town. A determined gaze in his eyes as he marched towards his coming enemy. Sure enough, Garble's cannon crept over the horizon. The dragon Lancer still sporting his cocky smirk as he rode atop the cannon and brought whatever remained of the Lancer forces with him.

"Well, well. Looks like you Elements of Heroism aren't as chicken as we thought!" Garble mocked! "Last chance for you to give up loser! If you do, I'll let this dirt town stay standing! Refuse again, and everyone's gonna have to move!"

"I refuse to tolerate bullies like you and Blitz Surge." Tyrannus spat with a hard glare! "I won't be moved from this spot, and this town won't fall so long as I stand!"

"Fine then! Just make sure everyone's packed up and ready to go before I blow this place off the map!" Garble snapped as he began charging the cannon. However, he soon had an unexpected visit from Blitz Surge via one of the Scout units. "Whadda ya want, boss?"

"You informed me yesterday that your efforts were repulsed by the Elements of Heroism." Blitz asked sternly. "Is this true?"

"Yeah it is. So what?" Garble asked. "One of 'em is standing up to me right now! But once the town's clear, I can't wait to see him chicken out as I fire the cannon and-"

"No." Blitz Surge said coldly. "You will fire NOW."

". . . What?" Garble was in utter disbelief at his leader's orders! "But. . . but there's still people there!"

"What of it?" Blitz Surge asked with a scowl. "If they choose to side with false heroes like them, then they are our enemies. And all enemies will be ELIMINATED."

"You can't be serious!" Garble protested! "If I fire the cannon now-"

"Didn't you once plan on 'stealing what you want from Unity and burning the rest' if you became Dragon Lord?" Blitz Surge asked with a frown. "Did you honestly think there would be no casualties from your actions? That no one would be hurt from your attacks? Or maybe you just didn't care. Much like how you didn't consider Spike to be a dragon because he was raised by humans. I thought you were willing to destroy all who stand in the way of your goal. A quality of myself that I expect of all Lancers. But I see now you were a poor choice."

"You're insane!" Garble snapped! "I'm putting an end to this now!" Garble pounded on the abort button to halt the cannon's charging! But to his horror, nothing happened! "No. . .NO! Why can't I shut this thing off?!"

"I've had Hax seize remote control of the cannon." Blitz Surge replied heartlessly. "The standard troops you've brought with you shall detain you after subjugating any stragglers left after the cannon fires."

'Smolder. . . I'm so sorry!' Garble thought to himself as he fell to his knees in horror! 'I just. . . just wanted to be someone you could be proud of!' The young dragon's dread further increasing as he saw the energy gather at the cannon's mouth!

However, even in the face of the looming blast, Tyrannus stood immovable and unafraid as he raised his shield. Mere seconds later, the cannon's blast roared is it shot forward towards Ty! The second it came into contact with Ty's shield, a blinding light emitted from the impact! When the light died down, Appleoosa was completely unscathed! However, there was a noticeable change. Ty's shield was glowing with an emerald light! Moving his shield away from his face, Ty pulled back a hammer-like mechanism on his shield's handle. and flipped his shield so it now covered the top side of his arm as the handle clicked into place! Suddenly, the shield's lower half opened up to reveal the barrel of Ty's magnum! The barrel shaped like the head of a dinosaur! Sensing an impending attack, Garble immediately fled the cannon as the Lancer robots he commanded began to advance on Tyrannus!

"THUNDER LIZARD ROAR!" Tyrannus bellowed as he pulled the trigger! A massive blast of green energy shot out from his magnum in the shape of a tyranno's head, and it was the same size of the cannon shot his shield had absorbed! In an instant, all of the Lancer units that had remained after the initial battle were wiped out along with the cannon! Not a nut or bolt left behind in the aftermath!

Then, after five whole minutes of awe and silence, the whole town burst into cheers! They'd done it! They'd won! Everyone applauding Ty as he marched back into town triumphant!

"You did it!" Fluttershy squealed with joy as she threw herself at Ty! "You beat them in one shot!"

"I sure did." Ty chuckled as the rest of his team joined in the group hug. "This was just our first battle. The others are bound to have a harder time with the rest of the Lancers' forces."

"True enough lad. But we can worry about that later!" Magnet North cheered! "We won this fight! Meaning we're one step closer!"

"North's right Ty." Applejack tipped her hat. "For now, let's just be happy we've got one victory under our belt!"

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Pinkie Pie screamed! "And I just know the others are probably going to do something just as epic!"

And with that, the element members joined the rest of Appleoosa in celebrating their victory! Knowing that the rest of their friends were conducting their own efforts to liberate Unity!