• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 1,449 Views, 86 Comments

Running With the wind - SC14



Sweetie Belle can’t take the suffering at home, so she does the only thing she can, runs away.

  • ...
10
 86
 1,449

Breaking News

Quincy watched as a new set of newspapers to the bar he was sitting in. As the stallion left he approached the stand, he looked at the paper and smiled. Fashion god Rarity accused of abuse!, And Sweetie Belle was front and center on the cover, He was going to read it but he really didn't care. It didn't even matter what it said as long as Rarity's friends saw it he could get to work.

He figured he should go to the library thing that the Twilight girl ran or whatever. He made his way out of the bar and started to slowly make his way towards Twilight's house, He didn't even really know where he was going he had only seen it in pictures and was going off the buildings that surrounded in the picture. The plan was about as dumb as it sounds.

Quincy wandered around for half an hour before he spotted his destination, but he wasn't to take another step as Twilight burst through the front door and practically sprinted past him, he spun around and shrugged. He managed to catch up and maintain a safe distance with a relatively fast walk, he wasn't sure where she was going but, he couldn't risk losing her.

He followed her around Ponyville for around thirty minutes. He figured out that she was gathering her friends, and it all ended at the carousel boutique as the five of them gathered around the door as Twilight gave a few knocks. Rarity opened the door a few seconds later, she gave a confused look but invited them in. As soon as they were inside her stealthily snuck into the bushes by the boutique, he managed to wiggle the window open just enough that he could hear the conversation.

"What brings you guys here at this hour?" Rarity asked. It seemed that none of them knew what to say because Twilight just sat the newspaper down on the coffee table. Rarity gasped at what she saw. "Why that is simply preposterous!" She exclaimed. "Who would even suggest such a thing?" Quincy took this time to pull the note he had written out of his pocket, he decided not to give his position at the window away, so he slid it through the slot on the door. He wasn't sure what this slot was for it was probably mail because it was too small for an animal but, they had a mailbox. He quickly retreated to his position in the bushes. Rarity picked up the note before opening the door and giving a look around, She gave up and retreated back to her position on the couch.

She read the note. 'Applejack started the rumor,' He didn't think that this plan would work, because why would they believe some random note that came through the door? But, he wasn't one to go against orders.

His train of thought was broken when he heard their voices start back up. "Explain," Rarity commanded while pointing at the newspaper. Applejack looked around at the others who were giving her suspicious looks.

"Well Ah don uh," She stuttered she took a deep breath. "Ah was called in for questioning by the police, And they asked me if ah had any strange encounters with Sweetie Belle leading up to her disappearance and well," She paused and took a look around.

"Well, what?" Rarity asked, rather impatiently.

"Ah told them about the time that Sweetie Belle claimed that you were abusing her," Applejack said. Her statement was met with more stares. "And they are the only people ah told and I made it clear that I didn't personally believe it myself!" She exclaimed. Quincy was shocked but, excited at what he was hearing. He had no clue that it would go this far, He didn't even know which one was Applejack before she started explaining herself! The boss would be happy to hear this.

"Then how did the papers hear about it!" Rarity shot back. Despite being 'Elements of friendship' none of the other four seemed to be interested in breaking up this argument.

"They told me it would stay with them!" Applejack retorted.

"Well, obviously it didn't!" Rarity returned. Finally Twilight stepped in.

"Alright! That's enough let's be civilized," Twilight said. She took a deep breath. "Let's get the story straight. So Applejack you were called into questioning by the police?" She asked. Applejack nodded. "They asked you if you had any weird encounters with Sweetie Belle?" Applejack nodded once again. "So you told them that Sweetie Belle told you that Rarity was abusing her?" Another nod. "You claimed that they promised you that no one would figure out about it, So how did the story get out?" She asked. Applejack looked at the ground.

"Ah have no clue," Applejack said.

"I don't believe you," Rarity said. Applejack gave her an angry look.

"You know I don't lie, If ah told you that I told the police in the first place why would ah lie about this?" Applejack questioned. They fell into silence for a moment.

"How would anyone else think of something like that?" Rarity asked.

"You have made an enemy or two in your career, With the Sweetie Belle ordeal it would be easy to make this up," Applejack said. Rarity scoffed.

"Nonsense, everyone loves me!" Rarity exclaimed. Applejack rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to speak, But she was cut off by Twilight.

"Again! Let's just calm down, I'm sure we can stop this rumor from spreading," Twilight said. Rarity Huffed and Applejack rolled her eyes again. "It's getting late, let's all get some sleep and discuss this later," Twilight said as she got up and started to approach the door. Quincy hid from sight as best he could as the five ponies exited the Carousel Boutique, Once all of them left, Rarity turned the sign to close and the coast was clear, Quincy left the bushes and headed towards the train station.

Quincy stopped in his tracks when he saw officer Split Sight looking around the platform, he dove into the bushes when Split Sight's gaze wandered in in direction. Quincy pulled his radio from his pocket. "We got a problem boss," Quincy said into the radio.

"What is it?" The boss asked.

"Split Sight is waiting at the train station," Quincy stated.

"Shit," The boss said. "Does he know?"

"Don't think so, Probably was just told that someone suspicious was slinking around Ponyville," Quincy responded.

"Guess you will have to stay in Ponyville overnight," The boss said with a chuckle.

"Yeah yeah, I guess I will just find someone's spare bedroom for the night," Quincy said.

"Don't get caught," The boss commanded.

"I lived on the streets my whole life, I know how not to get caught," Quincy said with a chuckle. He looked up to see Split Sight approaching fast. "Shit," He muttered.

"What?" The boss asked.

"I think he sees me," Quincy said. "He definitely sees me!" He said as he leaped out of the bushes and started galloping towards the tracks. He jumped across the tracks and started running into the woods. "I'm not leading him to Los Pegasus, I'm heading towards Appleoosa I Think!" Quincy exclaimed.

"Don't you get caught, Quincy!" The boss yelled.

Split Sight slowed as he heard a little bit of the last few words exchanged. "He's got to get on a train sometime," Split Sight muttered as he started galloping back to the train station.

Once he made it back to the train station, he busted through the door to the control room and picked up the radio broadcaster. "This is Officer Split Sight with the EBI If a gray pony with a black mane going by the name 'Quincy' tries to board a train Report it immediately!" He got a few ponies confirming that they got his message. He sat back in the nearest chair, Knowing that he was on to something.

Author's Note:

Well, this took a while. Sorry I might have forgotten that I wrote things.
And yeah I used my one plot point that doesn't make sense. I think that in a world of magic, they can probably make long-distance radios.
Sorry, this is a little short.
Anyway, thanks for reading!