• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 9,636 Views, 426 Comments

Pegazo Vampir Equinae - Gecko



A single crash. A simple accident. Rainbow Dash's life will never be the same again.

  • ...
43
 426
 9,636

Chapter 7

Twilight was baffled, this place looked horrifying. She couldn’t believe this was supposed to be Rainbow Dash’s mind.

The surroundings were trees as far as the equine eye could see. All trees were burning, but not the normal reddish yellow that everypony is used to, no. The flames themselves were blood-red. They didn’t emanate heat as flames usually do, these emanated feelings, strong feelings. The ones who affected Twilight the most was the feelings of rage, hate, disgust and despair. It made Twilight cringe at such a horrid place; the sky was dark, and not even the moon was shining here, whatever this place was.

The ground Twilight was standing on was gel, crimson red gel. It burned the feelings into her hoofs as she just stood there, baffled.

Everything was interrupted as she felt a strong pull lift her into the air. She saw the larger area of the burning forest, but that was all there was, an endless forest of fire, emanating the worst of feelings. She stopped in the air and felt herself standing on something, Twilight looked at her hooves and found that she was standing on pure air. She felt a cold shiver travel across her back as the feelings from the trees started to lose intensity, but they were still burning. What was happening?

Twilight suddenly saw a huge force field surrounding her, how it had got there, she had no idea. She turned around and found herself looking at a green unicorn mare, who wore a wicked smile. “And just who are you supposed to be?” Twilight asked rather quickly.

“Guess three times.” Twilight immediately recognized the voice as Clover.

The mane of Clover was nonexistent; she had none; it just wasn’t there, gone, nothing. Her eyes were white, pale as the coat of Rarity, cold and hateful. Cutie mark… Her cutie mark was a wand, but not a wand like the one Trixie had as cutie mark, no. Twilight recognized it as a wand used in ancient pony times, often thought to amplify magic, but nopony made them in the modern age, simply forgotten. They were never proven to have worked, but belief is a strong tool, Twilight reminded herself. “Just what are you doing here, and more importantly, how did you get here?”

“Well, you see, the thing is, I can’t go into somepony’s mind alone, but when I sent you in here, a window was opened for a very small time, so I jumped in. Simple as that.” She closed her eyes and smiled wholeheartedly, making Twilight shiver at the thought of who she was talking to. “But, yeah, I have no idea where to go now actually. Every mind is different, so I have no foreknowledge about this place. This forest fire looks delightfully red though.”

Twilight shivered and shook her head. She nodded slowly. “Jumping through a window?” Clover nodded. “I see, and you have no idea what to do?” Clover nodded again. “Great, I wonder how we go about doing this then…” Twilight sat down on her haunches and took a hoof to her chin and started to think. “Hmm…”

“Twilight Sparkle, you are a thinker, sometimes a bit too much I think.” This made Twilight look up at her. “You see, even if I do not know what to do, I know what to look for. There is always a pattern, usually an oddity in the area. And since this orb can move, we should walk around this eternal forest looking for the odd thing out.” Twilight nodded slowly. “Good, then get up and follow me!” she commanded, Twilight complied and rose from her location, and the two mares started to walk towards a seemingly random location.

The two mares didn’t say anything as they observed the ever burning forest beneath then. But there was something bugging Twilight, so she just had to ask. “Is that really what you look like? It’s a bit odd, seeing a pony without a mane, and honestly, you don’t appear the way I thought…”

“Easy! Really easy info on that actually. You see, this isn’t how I look, not really. It’s just how Rainbow perceives my appearance; it’s not very accurate. The only thing about this body that actually is true is the horn on my head and the fact that I’m a mare… Wait, that makes it two things, oops,” Clover said in a very giddy tone, her smile making a shiver travel down Twilight’s spine once again.

“Uh huh…” Twilight mumbled as she continued to look around for an anomaly.

This continued for a couple of minutes or seconds, Twilight had a hard time telling, until Clover stopped. Twilight turned towards her and tilted her head to the side. Clover pointed towards something in the forest; it was a clearing, clearly an anomaly that did not fit in with the never ending fire forest of emotion.

They slowly descended towards the clearing, the orb still protecting them from the intensity of the flames. As they landed in the small area, something happened.

The flames around them started to disappear in smoke. The smoke floated up into the air, gathering itself in a big cloud. It gained form and landed in front of them. The form it was taking put Twilight on edge; it was the spitting image of Nightmare Moon. Twilight took a step backwards.

“Twilight Sparkle, relax, do not be scared. It’s only the reflection of a feeling or a personality trait of Rainbow Dash. Considering she’s not evil in spirit, I suspect that this picture of Nightmare Moon is a feeling, or rather, an emotion. I would think its Anger or perhaps Hate?” Clover said, looking straight at the image of Nightmare Moon.

“I am not one of those. I am the feeling of power, yet I am one of the weakest traits. I can still overpower either of you two. We will not allow you to wake Master, not when we bad traits have the over hoof. That would simply not do. Yet, we have not regained complete control as of right now; Anger is working on it.” Nightmare Moon said in a melancholy voice. “Now then, you two SHALL BE REMOVED!” it screamed, charging towards Twilight.

Through her quick reflexes, Twilight dodged the attack. She rolled to the side, making Nightmare Moon surprised at the mare’s sudden movement. She quickly fired off a spell only taught to the Sentinels. It hit the image straight on, making Twilight surprised at how easy it had been. Nightmare Moon flew back several feet, finally disappearing in the same smoke that she had come from. “Ok, that was too easy… WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME WE WERE GOING TO FIGHT THINGS!?” Twilight screamed at Clover.

“Calm down, Twilight Sparkle. I had no idea of the interruption of emotions; they have never been this aggressive before, maybe once, I don’t have a lot to go on anyway. And besides, you took her down like a champ. I guess that’s what to be expected of The Sentinels, at the same time, she’s the weakest of the traits, so I would say that it’s only going to get harder from here on out. Now, look at this,” she finished, motioning towards a hatch that had appeared on the ground. “This will allow us to go further into her mind.” Clover made a squee like a little filly getting her birthday present. “Finally some action, I was getting lazy. I haven’t gotten action like this in centuries.” She smiled and jumped down the hatch.

Hope for something good. Twilight thought as she jumped down the hatch as well.


As Twilight opened her eyes, what she found wasn’t what she had expected. It wasn’t the dark and horrible place that she had thought it was, no, it was Ponyville on a warm and sunny day. “I’m home?” she asked to no one in particular.

“Hmm, I’m here, so no, you are not home. This does look awfully suspicious though,” Clover said as she started to walk down the road towards the town, Twilight followed soon after.

“Right, true, I wonder what we will meet here,” Twilight stated.

“Whatever we meet, for the love of Celestia, do not trust it. Nightmare Moon said that the bad traits are protecting the innermost part of Rainbow Dash. Which means that we won’t meet the good traits or emotions or whatever they are. But there might have been an interruption, so if we are lucky, there might be a good and a bad one here, but probably not, since that never happens. Unless the traits have something to do with each other, like Hate and Love. But considering what Nightmare Moon said, something bad has probably happened to Love, and I doubt it’s something good…” she explained as they walked into Ponyville.

The town was abandoned, or there just weren’t any ponies there. It reminded Twilight of the first time she had met Zecora, but this time there actually weren’t any ponies there.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“What was that!?” Twilight exclaimed as she jumped into the air, scared by the odd sound.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“I have no idea, but I would think it’s the indication that the trait present can see us and knows that we are here.” Clover explained as they continued their trek through the small town.

The silent tension was broken as a pink blur knocked Twilight off her hooves and onto the ground. The pink blur itself was shot away from Twilight by a blast of magic from Clover.

The pink blur rose from the crash site, revealing Pinkie Pie. This made Twilight’s head turn all kinds of ways. She was smiling too and was cantering towards them—no wait, bouncing—she was bouncing towards them, in a way only Pinkie Pie can. “Ghostie silly, don’t attack me! I’m Innocence. the one you should be afraid of is Psycho. She’s the dangerous one, and the one making the weird silly sound.”

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“That one!” she exclaimed. “She’s hiding for the right time to strike, and trust me when I say this, she’s a psychopath.” Clover’s and Twilight’s expressions fell at that comment. “Oh come on! I thought it was funny. Anyway, we ‘good traits’ are happy that you two are here. We need all the help we can get, or Master will never wake up again,” she said with a serious tone.

“Uh huh. So you are Rainbow’s picture of innocence?” Twilight asked.

“Yepperonie! Can I hug you now?” the trait-made Pinkie Pie said, still wearing a huge smile. Twilight nodded before she was immediately glomped by Pinkie in a huge hug.

“Twilight Sparkle, I told you to be careful. For all we know this one could be a Deceptive trait trying to get you to trust her before she stabs you in the back.” This made Twilight and the Pinkie thing giggle. “Why are you laughing? This is serious.”

“You don’t get it do you?” Twilight asked and Clover shook her head. “If the form the traits has to do with Rainbow’s perception of the world, that means that if Pi—I mean Innocence—would have been a bad trait, we would see it on her right?” This made Clover frown and nod, annoyed at the perceptiveness of Twilight.

“Yes, you are soo smart, Twilight Sparkle,” Clover sarcastically said.

“Silly ghostie, Twilight has always been smart, now, before we can get all buddy buddy, we need to find Psycho so that we can move on. Just to add, I can move along with you two if you don’t banish me as well… And trust me when I say this, if you ever get to Anger, you will need all the help you can get. If we are lucky, we might find one of the stronger good traits, but the chance of that is small, and I can’t see the realms all traits are in since Hate is blocking everything and making it really hard for us good traits to organize,” she explained in a very scientific voice, mimicking Twilight’s own very easily. “Oh oops, I suddenly got possessed by Intelligence for a moment there, how did that happen? I don’t know. He-he-he-he.” She laughed, bouncing off towards Sugarcube Corner.

“Well, this journey has certainly been interesting so far,” Twilight commented towards Clover before she started trotting of towards Sugarcube Corner as well, Clover simply nodded.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

As the two mares entered Sugarcube Corner, Clover had no idea what this place was supposed to be as Twilight was just not expecting this. The entire shop had been turned into a fortress of pink pillows laying about everywhere. And the only things standing out from the pinkness of the shop was Twilight herself, Clover and the tray of cupcakes standing in the middle of the room.

The Pinkie clone, or whatever it was, turned towards them before swallowing an entire cupcake in one bite. She went past them and closed the door. Pinkie looked at them again with a serious look. “Thing is, I want to help you two, but I can’t do anything to Psycho for one simple reason. No traits are allowed to hurt their counterparts, but as to how Anger subdued Calm, I think Hate helped him, which probably means that Anger took care of Love. But that’s just what I think. We seriously need your help though, surprise attack and all that.”

Clover shifted, revealing the other side of her body, exactly the same. “I see, but do you have any plan for how we are supposed to ‘banish’ her?” she said in a calm manner.

“Uhhhmm… I don’t really know!” She smiled awkwardly, making Twilight and Clover look at her in disbelief. “Except, you could just go outside and ask her to fight you head on. The chances of that working are pretty high, considering her condition…” she mumbled as she chewed down on another cupcake.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“Uh huh, so what do you think about that?” Twilight asked, wanting confirmation from her temporary companion.

“I don’t see any other option right now. It’s probably going to be pretty easy though, considering we are still in the outer layers, meaning weaker opponents. Isn’t that right?” she asked ‘Pinkie’.

“Yep! That’s true; you sure are smart, ghostie, though I already knew that.” She smiled. “Let’s go outside then? I could get her to come out more easily.” Twilight and Clover nodded, and they all walked outside.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

As the company of mares walked outside into the middle of the town, silence filled the air. Nothing made a single sound, except for the intense tapping.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“IF YOU ARE AFRAID, THEN WHY NOT JUST LET US THROUGH!?” Clover screamed at the top of her lungs.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

I see. I guess revealing myself is the best option then?” A poof sound could be heard. “Oh, you two smell deliciously new.” Snickering could be heard from all around them, making their back hairs stand on edge.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

She pounced at Clover and missed due to Clover being prepared with an illusion of herself as she had teleported away.

Twilight looked at the assailant. It looked like Pinkie Pie on a bad day, like the time when she thought her friends were abandoning her, but more twisted and evil. Evil ‘Pinkie’ made a twisted smile as her eyes twitched.

She pounced at Twilight. Twilight froze, unable to dodge. Luckily for her, Clover was there and shot a blast of magic into the evil ‘Pinkie’s’ side, making her fly to the side. She immediately jumped to her hooves again. Her entire head twitched to the side; all the while, she still kept her smile.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

“Now die,” she simply said as she disappeared from sight, suddenly connecting with Clover’s side, knocking her down.

Twilight saw this and reacted within seconds, trying the same spell from before. It made the ‘Pinkie’ laugh maniacally as she disintegrated into nothingness.

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap… KRACKRABOOM!

She exploded in a cloud of blood red smoke, completely disappearing within seconds.

“I’m not as rusty as I thought then,” Twilight stated as she jumped down the hole that had opened in the ground.

“She’s letting it get to her head. That’s never good.” Clover shook her head. “Silly youngins, they never get it.” She turned towards ‘Pinkie’. “Are you coming?” she asked. ‘Pinkie’ nodded enthusiastically and jumped into the hole.

“That’s the easy ones over, time for me to shine.” She grinned as she jumped into the hole, curious about what was waiting for her on the other side.


“Ok, this time was easier,” Twilight stated as they all arrived in what seemed to be… Cloudsdale? “Ok, what personality trait could be here? It’s seems a very Rainbow-y place to be.” She commented as the three started to walk through the cloud city.

“Oh, oh, I know where we are!” ‘Pinkie’ said as she took a large breath. “This place probably signifies the place where we will find Stubbornness, she’s not a very reasonable trait, hence why she’s here, and she’s also not the nicest pony. She’s so focused on winning every time that she ignores everything else. So I would probably think that she’s in the large coliseum thingy, probably training for something that will never happen. She can be nice when Rainbow’s in a race, but ever since that stupid Vampirism came, everything has been stupid, and the bad traits got the upperhand. I never said that before did I?” Clover and Twilight shook their heads. “Oh okay then, yesterday, for you two, or earlier, hard to tell the time in here. But you see, Vampirism came and absorbed all physical traits, such as Strength, Vision, Agility and all those other guys. He took control pretty quickly and he’s—did I mention it’s a he? Pretty weird in a mare’s body, but I guess that’s what happens when you inject random substances into ones body. He’s also the one being protected by anger at the moment, and if you can get us to her, we can turn her good, all we need is Love, Calm and Compassion. Those three are the important ones since they have their own Element of Harmony thing, but it’s not the Elements of Harmony since they only exist outside… Yup, I think that’s it.” She finally took a breath after finishing that entire explanation.

“I see, did you know of this before?” Twilight asked Clover.

“Yes… No… MAYBE! Gah! It’s hard to know if these things happen. I did in fact, not know that this could happen, but if there ever was a vampony that this could happen to, it would be Rainbow Dash, due to some things that I’m still not telling,” she explained, grunting at the end in annoyance. Twilight did the same, but for her own reason.

‘Pinkie’ just looked at them, still smiling the Pinkie way.

“Oh lookie, we have arrived at the Cloudiseum!” ‘Pinkie’ exclaimed, pointing towards the huge building in front of them. The two mares didn’t hear her and walked into the Cloudiseum, falling back on their rumps. “You silly ponies, I did tell you it was there. You two should listen more often,” ‘Pinkie’ said harshly, making the two mares blush in embarrassment of their actions. “Good, now hug and then we will go get this guy!”

They looked at each other and then nodded in acknowledgement, determined to finish this.

As they walked through the entrance to the arena, a steady beat of drums could be heard. The sounds intensified as they continued to walk through the cloud building, completely empty of anything except a long corridor.

“Yah think you can beat me? Hah! Don’t make me laugh!” Insane laughter could be heard from the speakers. “It’s nice to meet all of you, especially you, Innocence. What do you say about having some fun later? I’m not gonna go easy on ya.” Gruff laughter and static could be heard as a door was swung open to the company’s side.

“NO! I will never do anything with you! You are disgusting and evil!” Innocence cried out in disgust and anger. Twilight held a hoof to her mouth, trying not to laugh at the oddness of the situation, thinking about the fact that these two were in fact two sides of one person… A very odd though indeed...

As they continued to walk through the empty corridors, they found themselves outside the locker room. “Welcome, I’m not there since I’m, you know, training to be awesome and the best, obviously… You should wear the costumes, authenticity and all that jazz, and it’s funny to see unicorns in a Wonderbolts costume… So go do that, I am waiting outside. Oh and, good luck!” The voice exclaimed before static overtook the speaker and finally dying off directly after.

“Well, not that I’m complaining, but why are we supposed to wear these costumes? They are pretty cool though.” ‘Pinkie’ commented as the company walked, ‘Pinkie’ bounced, inside the room.

“Well, I don’t know, but I guess we can humor her, just for the heck of it, and later, I can brag to Rainbow about it… Just because…” Twilight said as they found a small box containing exactly three outfits, even weirder was the fact that they were made for one earth pony and two unicorns, which confused the company greatly. “Well, that’s convenient,” Twilight stated as she levitated the outfits out from the box and gave one to each pony.

“Well, isn’t this hilarious? Rainbow’s mind is being nice for once. No offence.”

“None taken.” ‘Pinkie’ Smiled.

“This is funny in my kind of way. Creepiness is funny, or maybe it’s just me…” Clover said in an overly creepy way, making chills travel down ‘Pinkie’ and Twilight’s spine.

“Stop doing that!” Twilight complained, not wanting to get creeped out by everything. Twilight shot a playful blast of magic at Clover who repented it with her own blast of magic.

“Don’t waste your magic, silly pony. We will need all your power for the near future,” Clover explained as she opened the door to the outside.

Twilight had just finished putting on her costume as she looked at herself in the mirror. Wow, I do look like a Wonderbolt, but the costume doesn’t fit me… Would fit Rainbow though. I bet she would look beautiful… NO! STOP! Twilight, don’t do this to yourself; you must do something about it! Just don’t think about it till you finish this, ok? Yeah, I can do that. She encouraged herself as ‘Pinkie’ stood up from her spot. As she walked outside, standing next to Clover, Twilight found herself feeling a very odd sensation of vertigo. Not something she usually felt, probably due to this somehow being contained inside the head of Rainbow Dash.

“Ah, yes, Unicorns and an earth pony, or Innocence… She was always such a nice girl, don’t you two agree? Isn’t she just wonderful?” Stubbornness said as she landed in front of the three ponies. “Though you three do look pretty wonderful in your new costumes, so full of the Wonderbolts spirit! Not that you will ever become Wonderbolts, not Master either… BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER! Oh, sorry, got angry there. I recommend that we have a competition, without the unnecessary violence, since that’s bad, let’s just do it the easy and fun way, okay? I promise I will go willingly if I lose, not that I will mind you, but if I on some off chance managed to fail, and you won, I would go willingly.” She explained as she jumped over the railing onto the cloud filling up the center of the arena. “So what are you waiting for? Celestia? Pretty sure she won’t come!” She intimidated them, making all of them nod at the same time and jump onto the cloud, ready for whatever the enemy could be able to somehow throw at them.

When they landed on the cloud, Twilight finally got a good look at the Wonderbolt mare she was looking at, it was Spitfire the captain of the Wonderbolts. Dash did always talk about her like she was a god… Twilight thought to herself. She quickly noticed how big the stadium was. It could fit at least fifty thousand ponies, at least, that’s what it looked like. Fifty thousand is a huge number for an Equestrian stadium. The Gryphon’s had the biggest with their ‘Skybomb arena’ which could house up to two hundred thousand individuals, but Equestria’s biggest could contain up to one hundred fifty thousand individuals. Twilight shook her head, trying not to go off on tangents in her own mind. And then, something hit her. “Girls, how are we supposed to beat her in athletic events? I mean, if she represents Rainbow Dash’s competitive side, then she will be pretty hard to beat, and none of us can fly…”

Clover smirked. “Well, that’s good then, ‘cause if we can’t fly, she has to duel on our terms, which immediately makes our odds just a little bit higher, and if nothing else, I’m pretty fast, just saying… Being the Alpha-Omega does come with its own set of advantages. Whatever speed and stamina Stubbornness has, I outclass her at least seven times over, so no worries on that front.” She finished with a laugh.

“Oh ghostie! That’s great! Then you can beat her in a race!” ‘Pinkie’ said excitedly, jumping around in a circle.

“You three do know I can hear you right? And sure, if you think you can beat me, I am more than willing to prove you wrong since you don’t have any chance in the first place,” ‘Spitfire’ said with a laugh.

“Let’s get going then,” Clover said as she readied herself at the starting line of the track that had appeared out of nowhere.

‘Spitfire’ smirked and placed herself next to Clover. There was a sudden flash, blinding both Twilight and ‘Pinkie’. It disappeared, and what Twilight found was a bit funny and oddly quick. The two contestants had stumbled right before the line, and neither of them had crossed it, except that Clover’s tongue had fallen from her mouth in exhaustion, going over the line, making her the winner. Twilight jumped in the air, squealing and yelling. “YESYESYESYESYESYESYES! We won! Take that Stubbornness!” she shouted, still bouncing. ‘Pinkie’ was doing the same.

The first one to stand up of the contestants was ‘Spitfire’, her eyes twitching as she turned towards Twilight. “I guess you did. Well then, I will go. Sure hope you three get lucky against the others.” She smiled and turned into small sparks of electricity before disintegrating completely.

Clover stood up. She shook herself and spat on the ground. “Heh, I knew I would win, even if it was by a tongue… Funny, now let’s go!”she shouted as she jumped down into the hole that had appeared.

“She’s really odd.” Twilight commented.

“Yeah, I feel that too. She has a lot of weird personality traits, very weird…” ‘Pinkie’ said before she also jumped down the hole.

“I wonder if she might be bipolar? Or maybe, she’s just a more normal Pinkie, but with weirder traits,” she said to herself before finally jumping in.


“Ok, now, this place makes no sense, considering where we are…” Twilight commented as they arrived in a library. “This place is huge, WHY!? This is not very Rainbow Dash-y.” Twilight was baffled. The roof literally reached up to twenty feet, the bookcases reached all the way to the ceiling, and all of them were filled with a multitude of books.

“Well obviously they don’t all display knowledge, most of them are memories and things she knows, and if this is the library of Rainbow Dash, think about Celestia, or mine.” Clover said as they walked through the library. No sounds were heard, except their own steps, but the eerie quiet was broken by a thud.

“Oh look, visitors! How nice, finally somepony has come to take care of Ignorance.” The company quickly turned around and saw…

“Me?” Twilight questioned.

“No, I’m not you, I’m Knowledge,” a unicorn said, but she looked exactly like Twilight…

“But you look like me! Which means you are me!” Twilight’s voice started to get louder.

“Oh, right, true… Well, no matter, I am just here because, I have no idea really… Guess I got lucky and can follow you. It’d probably be weird to follow somepony who looks like me though…” ‘Twilight’ said.

“NOT TRUE! You look like me!” Twilight exclaimed in anger.

“Yeah, yeah, just call me Knowledge. Don’t call me fake Twilight or something, that’s just stupid, and it’s not my name, so yeah,” Knowledge said nonchalantly, her eyes traveling towards a book, which she walked over to.

“Good, ‘cause I’m Twilight… In any case, it’s nice to meet you, Knowledge. Are you supposed to be a bad trait or something? I thought that we would only encounter bad traits as we go further. I don’t see how Knowledge could be bad,” she questioned.

“Well, no, it’s not me; I’m the good one, but I already said that. Are you deaf or something? No wait, don’t answer, I don’t care,” Twilight harrumphed. “I don’t, so stop talking. The bad trait in here is Ignorance. She represents everything that’s bad and dangerous to know, then there’s also the obvious things that she never gets,” she said while looking through a book.

“I could tell that much. Seems like Twilight isn’t the brightest filly when ponies talk about obviousness, but Rainbow Dash doesn’t get things like that either, especially looking at that one thing that I’m not saying, because I promised not to…” This made both Innocence and Knowledge look at her weirdly. “Yes, there is something obvious that Rainbow Dash is missing… Not gonna tell though.” Twilight narrowed her eyes, looking at Clover, who only laughed.

Silly, stupid Knowledge, you are so boring, revealing I’m here, and before you ask, amplifying powers just work, ‘kay? I’m in a pony’s mind, no need to explain it… I will be waiting at my place. Knowledge knows where it is, and then we will have a competition of wits, Twilight Sparkle. We will see who wins that exchange of knowledge,” s voice said, that echoed around the library.

“Now that I think about it, why does the knowledge department even lie this close to the core, so to speak?” Twilight asked.

Knowledge spoke up, making everypony look at her. “You see Twilight Sparkle, that is easy. She values her memories and her knowledge a lot, but at the same time, it might have something to do with the fact that the bad traits have taken over, but you never know…” She trailed off as she started to walk towards a direction in the library.

The library itself wasn’t very aesthetically pleasing, not that a library is supposed to be. But it was very dirty in this library.

Twilight was a bit flattered. Rainbow thought of her as the epitome of knowledge, which could only be a good thing, right? She looked over to Knowledge. Celestia, she looked exactly like me. That’s creepy… Wait, if she and Ignorance are supposed to display Rainbow’s knowledge, doesn’t that mean they are not as smart as me? Oh Celestia, I just insulted Rainbow Dash. I take it back! Gah! It’s hard to not insult somepony when thinking… I should probably focus on what I’m doing, so stop thinking so hard, Twilight! She scolded herself as they continued their trek through the endless library. But out of nowhere, Knowledge turned and went in to one of the lanes.

As they walked into the section, Twilight found that it lead to a door. Knowledge opened it and they all went inside.

When she entered the room, she saw a pony who resembled Clover, but it still wasn’t her real color scheme.

Ignorance stood up and used her magic to grab a white board with a very complicated equation. “Your challenge, the one I give you, is to beat this equation. I have never done it, and if you do complete it, good for you. Bad for me, since I don’t have any way of fighting back…” She trailed off as Twilight took the pen in her own magic field.

“Actually I don’t even need to write things down, because I already know the answer.” Twilight commented, making everypony look at her, except the real Clover who simply smiled and nodded.

“You do?” all traits said in unison.

“Yes, the answer is obviously three, you see…”


Ten minutes of explanations later.


“… So, that leads into the square root of nine being three. See, that wasn’t so hard?” Twilight said as she finished, finally opening her eyes after having them shut while explaining, what she found made her chuckle. All of the traits that had been listening to her had fallen asleep and were all snoring lightly. Twilight used her magic to summon a gust of wind, making them all wake instantly.

“Ah! Yes, good, you completed it… That means I’m going away… Oh well, no sense in whining now is there? But do you know what? I want to help you guy. So I ask my dear friend Knowledge if she would be willing to help me cast a spell to send you to the third innermost layer, ‘cause you need all three to re-harmonize Vampirism. He is getting really annoying.” She grabbed her chest and screamed in pain. “Celestia dammit, he knows… Let’s get this going quickly okay?” Everypony present simply nodded and the two Knowledge ponies started to channel a spell around the company of three.

Twilight started to feel very light and tingly as she popped and was teleported.

“At least I did something good for Master before getting crippled in pain by Vampirism.” Ignorance said as the two traits finished the spell.

Knowledge walked up to her counterpart and gave her a tight hug. “Ignorance, my dear friend, no need to worry. You might represent ignorance, but at least you have a sense of morality; that’s not something that can be said about Hate, Anger, Callousness or Vampirism. They don’t even know what the word means. The only one that can be rescued is Vampirism himself, and that’s exactly what those three are going to do, so giddy up and give them all the hope you can, they will need it.” Knowledge explained as she nuzzled the other mare.

Ignorance nodded into her friend’s neck and started to cry. She didn’t cry because she was sad, she cried because her destiny was to represent everything bad their Master had experienced, it was who she was, and it was she would ever know.

“Hey, c’mon now Iggy, don’t be sad, you have me. I might not have the same knowledge as you, but I haven’t exactly so much to exist from either,” she said reassuringly hugging her friend closer, kissing the top of her horn.


“So, Innocence, where do you suppose we are now?” Twilight said as they arrived in the square of Ponyville.

“Oh, this place, the Knowledge sisters did send us to third innermost layer. The place of Callousness and Compassion, but knowing the bad traits, Compassions probably locked up somewhere close to Callousness herself,” Innocence said as they walked through the town.

“I’m quite curious as to who Rainbow Dash’s mind has decided to put as Callousness, will be interesting to see,” Clover commented.

“Yeah, I’m pretty curious as well. It could be anypony really. But we have to be on guard; we know this won’t be easy,” Twilight said as she took a pose making the others snicker. “HEY! I heard that, I just felt like being silly before we jump into the insanity.”

They rounded a corner and saw two ponies, Callousness and Compassion, in the forms of Trixie and Fluttershy.

“I kind of figured Compassion would be Fluttershy,” Twilight said under her breath as they closed in on the scene that was unfolding in the middle of the market of the small town.

“Oh, so you have finally arrived. Callousness would have thought it would take longer, but alas, the Knowledge sisters always were… Untrustable. Be ready for the fight of a lifetime, Callousness is the fourth strongest trait in this entire body, empowered by Vampirism, Callousness shall ban thee from this place.” Callousness said as she hopped down from the scene with a thud, making Compassion cringe.

Twilight and Clover looked at each other and started laughing. “You know, it’s pretty funny how you talk in third person, just as the real Trixie.” Twilight pointed out. Callousness looked downright furious.

“Callousness is not anything like that insufferable mare, Trixie. She was horrible and made Master crash, and therefore, she’s a bad pony,” she said as she took a stance.

“But if Trixie’s a bad pony and traits look like a pony the Master thinks has something to do with said trait, doesn’t that make you a bad pony?” Innocence pointed out.

“Oh, a fellow trait, poor Innocence. You were always so blind, just ‘cause a trait looks like a certain pony does not mean that it’s exactly like that pony. We traits are all more like the Master than anypony else. And now, BEGONE!” Callousness shouted as she used magic to teleport behind the three, making a magical explosion that hit them all. It lifted Twilight into the air, and she landed ten feet from the spot she had flown from. “See? That was my opening. Do not underestimate us just because we are traits. We have lots and lots of power.” She spun around with her cape and teleported once again.

“CLOVER! Do you have any plans?” Twilight asked as she dodged a magic missile that had been launched towards her.

“Yes, but you should get out of the way. This one’s mine,” she said as she spun around, shooting magic in all directions, almost hitting Innocence and Twilight. A scream of pain could be heard from somepony else in a nearby alleyway. Before Twilight or Innocence could even react, Clover had started running towards the sound.

She made a flip, landing on her four hooves at the entrance to the alleyway. She could be seen shooting multiple magic missiles into the alley, creating a multitude of explosions. But her barrage was stopped as Callousness kicked her from the side, knocking her over. Luckily enough, she wasn’t down for long; she immediately jumped to her hooves and revealed fangs in her muzzle, startling Callousness and creating an opportunity for Clover to attack.

She rammed into Callousness with her muzzle. Twilight couldn’t see what happened next, and honestly, she didn’t want to know, but she thought it may have been the sound when a vampony slits a pony’s throat with their fangs.

Magic pulsed from Clover’s horn, removing all blood from her face as she turned towards Twilight and Innocence. The body of Callousness slowly started to fade away until finally disappearing in a flash of red, making Clover look extremely menacing as she walked towards them.

“Ghostie, you’re looking very evil right now,” Innocence blurted out, immediately covering her mouth with a hoof when she realized what she had said.

“I do? I take that as a compliment, you know. I like looking evil, it’s just something I do,” She smiled as she walked past them. “Are you two coming or what? We have a trait to save,” she said as she started to ascend the stairs to the stage, making Compassion see her.

Compassion didn’t have a look of relief, no; she had a look of horror. “Go away! PLEASE! Go now!” she exclaimed, but Clover ignored her and walked closer.

That was a mistake, due to the pony crashing into the side of Clover, knocking her right off the stage with said pony right on top of her. “Nopony defeats The Great and Powerful Callousness that easily!” she exclaimed as she started beating on Clover who rolled to the side, knocking her opponent off her.

“How are you still alive!?” Clover screamed.

“Easy, Callousness made a puppet for you to destroy; Callousness is not that horrible at fighting, so what did you expect? Callousness is amazing, the best of ponies!” she said as she flicked her mane.

“Oh yeah? Then taste this!” Clover said as she charged her horn. One would think the charge would be green or something right? WRONG! It was blood red, yes, blood red. It made Twilight roll her eyes, knowing that it probably had something to do with the fact that she was a vampony.

The bolt fired from Clover’s horn soared towards Callousness who quickly jumped out of the way. “HAH! Is that all you can do? Callousness says that you are a horrible opp—” She was interrupted as the bolt of magic went through the backside of her head, leaving her to collapse onto the ground..

“See? You never talk down to me! I am the ultimate fighter, and no silly trait of anypony will ever beat me in a fight of combat!” Clover screamed at the body in anger. She cackled like a madmare, with blood on her entire figure.

Magic could be seen pulsing through her horn, green this time, removing all blood from her body and letting it go, splaying it on the ground. “Now, isn’t that delightfully bloody?” she said, smiling at Twilight who was collecting herself.

“Please, never do that again. I’m really surprised that things could get so graphic in here…” she said, turning towards the stage with a whimpering Compassion.

“You know that you completely removed Callousness from Rainbow Dash right now, right? I don’t know the repercussions, but I can’t feel her anymore. And we traits know where the others are at all times… And just now, Callousness was removed completely. I hope nothing too bad happens…” Innocence added with a tint of sadness.

“You are a younger trait. I’ve seen traits when they are born or lost. Disappearing traits often just mean that the pony has less of that specific trait, so do not worry, Innocence. Nothing terrible has happened,” Compassion said as she stood up in her cage. “And now, uhm would you mind opening this cage?” she asked.

“Oh, yeah sure,” Twilight said as she used her magic, easily opening the cage-door.

“Thank you…” She looked at Clover. “What you did was unnecessary, but I can’t deny the fact that it worked, but please, do not do that again, ok?” Clover nodded. “Good, very good… You though,” she looked at Twilight. “You’re special aren’t you? But looking at you just now, and seeing the things you did with the others, I am pretty sure you can win this. Now, let’s go to the next layer,” she said as she raised a hoof as to open a door. Out of nowhere, a door formed, and she walked inside and disappeared, soon followed by the other three.


“Wait what?” Twilight said as they appeared again. “Cloudsdale Orphanage? Why are we here?” She asked to no one in particular.

“Rainbow Dash lived there for a year. Her parents died, so she moved here. A year later, she went to flight camp… I was here at the time, not in this form, but it was not a good time, so I would expect that Hate chose this place, considering the hate Master feels for it. It’s an excellent place for Hate to grow,” Compassion explained.

“Compassion, the traits often look like ponies that Rainbow Dash has met, and you look like our friend Fluttershy. So I was wondering, who does Love look like?” Twilight asked, very curious about the answer.

“Ah, Love, she’s really sweet? But as to whom she depicts… She doesn’t really depict anypony, she’s a template. Why is this so, you might ask? The answer to that is simple, Master has a lot of love for the ponies close to her and her former family… But there is nopony that, at this point, that represents love in Master’s eyes. When Master finds that very special somepony, Love will probably take the form of that pony.” Compassion said as she opened the door to the orphanage.

“Oh…” Twilight said, a bit disappointed by the answer she got. Well, then the possibility of everything going my way is pretty much nonexistent… Twilight sighed as they walked through the corridor.

The orphanage was… ordinary. There were rooms to the side with toys for children, a room that looked like the place where food would be served, and there were the sleeping quarters at the end. They walked through the multiple rows of bunk beds, one of them standing out.

The bed in question was not the grey tone everything else the orphanage had been up to this point. It was cyan, the color of Rainbow Dash herself. The pillow had the mark of the Wonderbolts, the lightning bolt that always rested on the flanks of the female members. To the side of the bed were two pictures. One was of a now retired Wonderbolt, Lighting Flash. Twilight remembered seeing him in the papers once or twice when she was a filly. He retired soon after they all had gotten their Cutie Marks. There was a small text on the picture itself, it said: “To Rainbow Dash, the greatest filly: Follow your dreams with all your might and you will go far.” Twilight could feel a small tear well up as she saw the other picture. It showed Rainbow Dash as a young filly and a grown mare and stallion, who Twilight could only assume were her parents. The expression they were sharing was of joy, so clear and happy… They were hugging each other. Both parents were pegasi, and Twilight saw Rainbow had gotten her unique mane from her beautiful mother. She was wearing the same colored mane as Rainbow Dash, but she had it in a different style, one Rainbow could easily replicate if she wanted to. Twilight thought that this might have been related to her mother’s coat having a deeper kind of blue than Rainbow Dash’s. Her father looked rather plain; he had a gray coat, and a light blue mane donned his head, cleanly shaved, a hairstyle most colts still used. The eyes… The eyes of both parents were the same as Rainbow Dash herself, rose... The picture was so happy. Twilight felt that her tears were starting to overflow, making her sob slightly.

Clover bumped into her. “Wake up! Twilight Sparkle, I am disappointed. You stand there in a trance and cut us out entirely! You were gone for two minutes, or even more!” she exclaimed in Twilight face, making her stumble backwards slightly.

“Oh, sorry. I kind of got lost in these pictures… Does Rainbow Dash still feel true happiness?” she asked Compassion.

“Yes, she does… But the only times she really feels happy nowadays is when all six of you just get together and have fun, hanging out, the normal things. She really appreciates those moments…” She trailed off. Twilight could see a tear forming in Clover’s eye, who quickly wiped it away. “Right, let’s not dwindle on that; let’s go find Hate and rescue Love, shall we?” she quickly retorted. All the mares nodded, and they started to walk further into the orphanage.

“YES!” the other three exclaimed with different amounts of enthusiasm, Clover with the lowest amount…

“Right, good. Now where is she hiding?” Compassion mumbled to herself as they trekked through the orphanage.

The bunk beds seemed to finally end when they arrived at a very inconspicuous door.

Clover stepped forwards. “Gee, I wonder what could be in here,” she said as she opened the door. As Clover opened the door, she was taken aback by what she saw. Clover closed the door slowly and fell to the ground laughing. “Hehehe… Funny… Bahahaha!” she laughed.

“What was in there?” Twilight asked, worried about what it could be.

Clover stood up and snorted, stifling her laughter. “Nothing really… I just saw something funny… It was pretty awkward for the two… Hehe,” she explained.

“Right… I’m not sure I want to know then… But, we should all go inside, shouldn’t we?” Twilight asked, the others nodded. “Good, let’s go inside then.”

Twilight opened the door, revealing two ponies sitting around a table and having tea. It did look incredibly odd, and the two just looked at the four ponies that had entered the room with wide eyes. One of them was clearly Love. She was plain, white coat, white mane and grey eyes. Plain… And very creepy. The second was… Chrysalis? I suppose that makes sense. Twilight concluded. Considering my brother and Cadence defeated her with love and all that.

“Uhhmm.” the two uttered.

“This is not what it looks like.” ‘Chrysalis’ or Hate said with a stern tone. All the four ponies gave her a look. “This was something I did because I was bored. She’s not free, if that’s what you think! No, I was bored, so I decided to have tea with her, happy now!?” she roared.

“Hate, please calm down, no need to get angry… Wait, that’s what you do, being Hate and all that… Sorry, go on.” Love said, staring at Compassion with a pleading look that clearly said ‘help me’, making Compassion wince.

“YES! So shut your muzzle, Love! I have things to handle!” Hate said harshly as she stood up from her chair. “Now, who’s going to be the first to be defeated?” she said as her eye twitched.

“I’ll handle this one, so stand back.” Twilight said, walking towards Hate with a strict expression.

“Twilight Sparkle, how exciting to finally meet you, not really though. What’s going to be fun is destroying you.” She smiled devilishly as her horn began to glow.

The orphanage disappeared completely, and they were all now standing on a cloud. “See this? Much more spacious, which means more fun.” Hate charged towards Twilight.

Twilight jumped to the side, channeling magic into her horn. Hate saw this and stopped her charge to do the same.

They both released their beams of magic, locked in a stalemate. It was excruciating. Twilight’s sides started to burn as she pushed and pushed and pushed, until finally, it broke.

BOOM!

There was an explosion where the two beams had met, pushing the casters further away from each other. They fell into a heap on the ground, but Hate stood up almost as fast as she had landed.

“HAHA! This is fun! It’s hard to get a good fight these days, so it feels good to get some real exercise!” she said as she disappeared.

Twilight stood up slowly, looking around her to find her opponent. She couldn’t see her. She saw Clover, Innocence and Compassion standing far away, looking at her. Love was in a cage right next to them. Why don’t they just free her? Maybe it has something to do with— Her thought process was interrupted when a big, black fuzz crashed into her side, making her fly several feet away.

“Mwahaha! You are weak, Twilight Sparkle. You may have strong capabilities, but that does not mean you can beat everything that stands in your way.” She kicked Twilight further away. “See? You can’t even move anymore, how weak is that? One crash and you are already exhausted! Don’t make me laugh.” Twilight’s body disappeared in flash of light. “What?”

Lightning hit right next to her. “WHAT!?” She looked up and even higher than the clouds they were all standing on, a storm was forming, almost glowing. It descended towards them but stopped. Something dropped from it. Hate was unable to realize what it was until it hit her.

Twilight charged magic around her entire body as she fell, making her a living projectile.

She rammed right into Hate, creating an explosions that emptied the sky of its clouds. Twilight stood at the center, unscathed. Hate lay unconscious on the ground.

And this time, it was Hate’s body that disappeared.

“Oh come on, using my spell? Really original,” Twilight commented.

“Uhm… TWILIGHT SPARKLE! THERE SEEMS TO BE A SITUATION OVER HERE!” Twilight could hear Innocence scream. She turned towards them and teleported. What she saw, well, there were two Clovers.

“Right, great, of course she can use Changeling powers, now… How will I figure out who's fake?” Twilight said, looking over the two unicorns standing before her.

One of the Clovers spoke up. “Twilight Sparkle, I am disappointed in you… Just look at the color of our magic, and you will see the real one, after all, who else do you know that can use red magic?” Her horn lit up, glowing red. “See? What do you say about that, other me?” The other Clover’s eye twitched.

“NO!” Hate bellowed as Twilight hit her right in the muzzle with a dense blast of magic, knocking her away from the company.

“Twilight Sparkle, remove her, please?” Clover said, nudging Twilight towards Hate.

“She’s a strong one, isn’t she?” Compassion asked.

“Oh, you have no idea. She just doesn’t know how to unlock everything. But she has nothing on what Rainbow Dash can do if she took her time,” Clover said, watching Twilight and Hate duel in a fight of magic.

“Master has been getting stronger ever since Vampirism arrived; she has grown more in every aspect in these two days than in the last two years. What you’ve created is really something remarkable. None of us good aspects truly like it, secretly I don’t think the bad ones do either, but right now they have control over him, which is something they very much like. We all know he’s stronger than all of us combined, so it wouldn’t make much sense to go against him. So that’s why it’s important for us to get him to our side,” Compassion explained as Innocence nodded along.

“I see, something funny though. I have been in multiple minds, and this one is a lot easier to get around. I know why, but you don’t, but I can let you know one simple piece: Rainbow Dash is very special,” Clover said with a sly expression.

“I see, I hope it’s nothing dangerous then.”

“Oh it isn’t, not really. It just makes her special…” She trailed off as an explosion could be seen from the fighters.

“HATE! HOW DOES THAT FEEL!?” Twilight screamed, jumping out of the way of yet another barrage of magic missiles.

“SO MUCH FUN!” Hate screamed back.

“THEN BEGONE!” Twilight screamed as she charged towards Hate, lighting her horn with magic.

Hate started to do the same.

As they closed in on each other, Twilight’s magic started to change in color; instead of being her normal lavender, it turned golden, the same color Celestia uses.

The two crashed into each other in a cascade of light.

When it disappeared, Hate’s body had completely disappeared.

“Oh great, she died too. Is this going to be a trend with these three or something?” Twilight asked as she shook off all the dust that had found its way onto her.

Clover stood over on the cloud and smiled.

Twilight appeared in front of them all. “Now, let’s release Love then, shall we?” she said as she walked over to the cage and opened it, releasing Love.

When she looked back to the other three traits, she saw their expressions. Clover was smiling, Compassion’s mouth hung agape, and Innocence’s mouth mirrored Compassion’s..

“What?” The looks continued. “Oh, right, that… I killed her it seems. She’s not really dead, and she’s just a lot smaller, right?” The looks stopped and they all just nodded.

“Thank you,” a new voice said behind Twilight. She turned around to see Love looking at her. “For saving me, you might have defeated Hate in a very harsh way, but there’s no need to dwindle. Now, let’s get to the next place shall we?” Love said as she opened a door that had appeared out of thin air.

The rest followed right after.


“Okay, where in the hay are we now?” Twilight asked as they all appeared.

“This place… It’s the Gryphon aviaries,” Compassion said.

“Gryphon? How come Rainbow has been here? Oh, wait, Gilda, I see...” Twilight mumbled as they walked outside the cave they had found themselves in.

What was outside was huge. It wasn’t like Canterlot, no. This was… enormous. There was a valley completely surrounded by mountains. In the middle of the valley lay a vast, sparkling lake. A drinking hole, Twilight concluded. The mountains that surrounded the valley were filled with houses; they were rather small, or at least, smaller than the houses in Ponyville. At the far end of the valley was a much larger house. It looked to be a palace of sorts. It’s probably the palace of the Gryphon king. Twilight thought as the company of five walked down a slope.

“This place is amazing,” Twilight said, surprised at the color of the place. It was so colorful and so ‘not’ Gryphon, or at least from what she had seen of Gryphons, they weren’t the most colorful of people. But the only Gryphons Twilight had met were Gilda and Gustave le Grand, so she didn’t really have much of a reference point.

“Yes, yes it is. Funny thing really, that was the exact same thing Rainbow Dash said when she came here for the first time,” Compassion explained as they arrived at a small outcropping of the mountain they were climbing down. “We just need to get all the way down, and we will probably find Anger and Calm pretty easily.”

Twilight nodded. “I’m just curious here, but is it possible to change the traits, so to speak?” she asked, making the three traits look at her a little oddly.

Compassion answered, “Yes, I suppose that could happen. I don’t see the relevance though. The first traits that appeared are, for some reason, the only ones who know how to do that though. It’s easy really, to do it you would need the trait in question along with Love, Calm, and myself. We are really just here to make sure it’s nothing dangerous. How I know this… I have no idea, but you know it too, don’t you Love?” Love nodded.

“Hmm, interesting indeed. Not what I expected really, so an outsider could actually change things about a pony by going inside them?” she reasoned.

“Yes, that’s entirely possible. Was there any reason for you asking?” Compassion questioned.

Twilight blushed. “N-n-no not really, I was just curious.”

Compassion looked at her with suspicion, “If you say so.”

Clover started to laugh. “Hehehe, this is hilarious to see. You are all just as oblivious as her. What’s interesting though is Twilight’s reason for why she has that feelin. Hehehe.” Twilight blushed even more and looked away. “Don’t you all see it? That is a clear indication of what’s going on, but you three don’t get it, do you?” Love shrugged, Compassion shook her head and Innocence did the same. “Just as I expected then. I am curious to see what plans Twilight Sparkle has then.”

“OH LOOK! WE’RE HERE NOW!” Twilight shouted, eager to stop speaking about the topic.

Clover just laughed even more. “Yup, she is so totally feeling that way.”

The three traits just looked at each other and shook their heads, not sure what to make of the situation.

But finally Compassion spoke up again, “Ok then, just follow me. I will lead the way to Anger and Calm, or where I presume they are at the moment.”

The rest of the group just hummed in agreement.

They arrived at what seemed to be a cave drowned in water. “And just what is this place?” Twilight had to ask.

Love suddenly spoke up, “It’s the secret hiding spot that Gilda once showed Rainbow Dash. To get inside, we will have to swim for a bit due to the cave going underwater a bit further inside.”

“Ok then, let’s get to it,” Twilight said, trotting inside the cave and using her magic to light it up. The rest followed close behind.

The cave was rather long. It wasn’t ridiculous, but it took maybe a minute to arrive at the water Love had mentioned. Twilight immediately jumped in and started to swim.

The water felt odd; there wasn’t really anything wrong with it per say, but it was eerie. Maybe this was Rainbow Dash’s feeling when she swam through water? It would make sense, since she never seemed to enjoy swimming.

The underwater cave Twilight was swimming through was very empty. It was completely barren of any jagged edges, almost smooth like it had been cut out from the mountain itself. Twilight started swimming up again with a shortness of breath

When she surfaced, she met two faces she didn’t expect, or at least one of the two.

The two faces she saw were Gilda, presumably Anger. The other pony she saw was Princess Celestia. Calm, then. Twilight thought to herself as the two traits looked at her. Calm hung on the wall with restraints with something around her muzzle, inhibiting her ability to speak. Twilight was taken aback by the scene before her of her mentor restrained.

Twilight started to charge towards Anger, but before she knew it, her horn was somehow stuck in the wall. “Wha? How? Grr!” she grunted as she pushed away from the wall, trying to escape, but she was unable to with her horn stuck.

“Easy! You are so easy to trick, Twilight Storkle,” Anger said, sounding rather contempt with herself.

“Really? Twilight Storkle? Is that the best you can do? I mean seriously? What does that even mean? Storkle… Nope, that isn’t even a word, so what did you mean by it? Oh, you probably tried to sound smart by mixing sparkle and stupid, not very original if I say so.” Twilight declared, staring into the wall.

“Shut up, you are just jealous of my amazing coming-up-with-words skills,” Anger declared as she scratched Twilight’s flank with her claws, making Twilight yelp in pain. “Yeah, good, NOW SHUT UP!” Anger screamed as she kicked Twilight in the stomach, making her lose her breath.

“Ey you! Birdbrain! What do you think you’re doing!” Clover exclaimed as she crashed into Anger from behind.

“GAH! WHY ARE YOU ALL SO INCREDIBLY ANNOYING?” Anger screamed as she rolled around, making her lay on top of Clover and started hitting her. “SO!” Smack! “WHY!?” Bonk! “ARE!?” Donk! “YOU!?” Ding! “SO!?” Bang! “STUPID!?” Clover flew over the room with bruises as Anger walked towards her again. “See? You do not, I repeat, do not mess with me. I am stronger than you can even fathom. Maybe if I were to get out of Master, you would be stronger than me, but with you only being a mind inside another mind, I outclass you all by so far that it’s stupid. You thought Hate was strong? She is, but I have twice her strength and four times her will. How does that feel!?” she said as she kicked Clover further across the small cave.

“HORSEAPPLES! If I only could touch you, Clover. Anger over there would be toast!” Twilight complained, still trying to get free.

“Oh yeah? And how would you be able to do that egghead?” Anger said as she punched Twilight in the face. “Oh so you passed out? How sad.” She was bucked in the gut. “Oh so you were just playing then, good for you, since that didn’t even hurt.” She dragged her claw across the entirety of Twilight’s body, making her bleed.

“Anger, stop right now,” Compassion, Love and Innocence said in unison as they entered the room.

“Oh look who it is. It’s the trio of goody-two-shoes. What do you think you have against me, hmm? Nothing, that’s what. You need the help of these two losers to even get here, so what are you even supposed to do? Be annoying maybe? I can handle that.” She charged towards them, fuming with rage.

Twilight could hear the commotion, but it was hard to focus when her entire body was aching.

“Psst, Twilight,” Clover whispered as she slowly crawled over to Twilight. “You said you could do something to defeat her, what is that?” She muttered as she crawled.

“It’s a very experimental spell I found a long time ago. I never found a use for it, but now is as good a time as any, and since we are only inside a mind, the repercussions are probably a lot less than if I were to do it outside,” she explained.

“What is it then?”

“Fusion, technically. I could combine the two of us so that we are two ponies in one and our strengths and other attributes compound. It’s only supposed to last for ten minutes or less, all depending on energy usage. But you have to touch me for it, and I can cast the spell. My being stuck doesn’t make this any more difficult,” she explained, getting tired at trying to get out of the wall.

“I see, and it only last for ten minutes? I think that’s enough, let’s do it then,” she said as she reached for Twilight, touching her hoof. “Go on, cast it.”

“Okay.” She took a large breath. “Right.”

The fight between traits was stopped as Twilight and Clover started to glow. The light continued to increase in intensity more and more, nearly blinding. It stopped and in front of them stood a very different pony; the colors were all awkward from purple mixing with green, making a ridiculous shade of brown. All the features of the pony looked almost exactly like Twilight Sparkle’s. The pony opened her mouth.

“Wow, this feels weird,” Twilight’s voice said. “Tell me about it.” The voice quickly changed to Clover’s. “Ok, how should we go about doing this?” Twilight asked herself. “Uhhh, I think our thoughts are mixing, and it feels weird. Let’s just go at her and win, then we can worry about this, ok?” Clover asked. “Yeah sure,” Twilight answered.

They charged at Anger. She tried to dodge, but she was too slow. “Now, now, now, silly Anger, we are two in one, so you don’t have a ghost of a chance,” Clover’s voice said. She smiled. “Calm down, Clover. We just need to dissolve her, not kill her.” Twilight said, sighing.

They grabbed Anger by her throat as she tried to push away from the grip. “Let me go!” she exclaimed. Twilight and Clover shook their head and activated their horn. Anger was engulfed in magic before she disappeared entirely.

“That was easier than I thought,” Clover’s voice said.

“Wait, you two just defeated her, just like that?” Compassion asked as all of the traits’ jaws fell to the floor.

“Yeah, I’m also surprised. Seems the power of two ponies in one is pretty amazing. Honestly, if we were to meet Celestia in a match of power, we would have about half of her aptitude, I think,” Twilight’s voice explained. “Hmm, wait, let me try something, this is getting weird.” Magic gathered in her horn and then the two ponies separated, completely unscathed.

“Twilight Sparkle, that was genius, really clever,” Clover said as she gave Twilight a hug. “This means nothing though, I am just happy to not be stuck with you.” Twilight chuckled. Clover released the hug. “Now.” She used her magic and completely freed Calm, who fell to the floor.

She rose up from the ground. “Thank you. Now all that’s left to do is subduing Vampirism. I need the help of Compassion and Love to open the final portal, shall we?” she asked them, and they nodded.

Magic flowed from the three ponies as a big portal was formed in the cave. All of them jumped in.


“Why is it so white?” Twilight asked as they arrived.

“Simple really, we are in the middle, and it’s only just a holding place. Just look over there,” Calm said, pointing at a stallion lying on the ground a bit away from them. “He’s not dangerous. We just need to blast him with magic, and he should be fine, so come on you two, we have a master to save,” Calm said as she, Love and Compassion all walked over to the body and showered it in magic. When the magic dissipated, he looked the same, but he gave off a feeling of happiness. “It’s finished, finally,” Calm finished.

All three of the traits turned towards Twilight and Clover. Love spoke up. “You two have saved Master, and therefore we are forever grateful. Is there anything we could possibly do to repay you?” she asked.

Clover looked at Twilight, who in turn looked at Love. “I think you should give Twilight Sparkle what she wants. I don’t need anything, not that there is anything you can give me.”

“What can I do for you then?” Love said as she looked at Twilight.

“What I asked before, you know, about changing traits… I was wondering…” Calm’s face turned to realization.

“Oh, I see. I think I might understand what you want. It seems quite obvious now. You want to have Love be you, don’t you?” Calm asked. Twilight nodded as she blushed. “No problem, we could do that. But whatever you do in this case, if Master were ever to know of this event, Love will break. The entire feeling of Love will forever disappear from Rainbow Dash, and she will never be able to feel love. Even more possible is that you will become the new Hate. Can you handle that? Are you prepared for that possibility? I am giving you one last chance to walk away from this. We can do it, but I am just warning you. If you mess up, EVER, Rainbow Dash will never be the same, can you live with that?” Calm explained, very composedly.

Twilight nodded in shame.

“I see. Do you two agree with this gift?” Calm asked Love and Compassion, who both nodded. “Okay then, come over here, Twilight Sparkle.”

The three of them put a hoof on Twilight’s head and held it there for a couple of seconds before they took it down.

Love put a hoof on her own head as the other two did the same.

Love started to glow; when it dissipated, a complete look-alike of Twilight stood there. “Wow, this is weird. I feel different, but I guess that’s what happens when a trait changes form,” Love said. “Now, I think we should send these two out of here, shall we?” Calm and Compassion nodded. “Good, now be prepared,” she said to Twilight and Clover.

The three charged their magic and created a bubble around Twilight and Clover. It started to glow and slowly started to disappear.

Innocence jumped inside, and it disappeared.

“Did she just... Follow them through?” Compassion asked, really surprised at what had happened.

“I... I think so... Let’s just hope she makes the transition.” Calm stated with confusion.

“Yeah, let’s hope that she does... But if there ever was a trait that could handle it, it would have to be her.” Love finished.

“That’s true.” The other two said in unison.

“So, let’s get back to our stations to prepare for master’s reawakening.” Calm said, and they all disappeared through their magic.