• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 9,633 Views, 426 Comments

Pegazo Vampir Equinae - Gecko



A single crash. A simple accident. Rainbow Dash's life will never be the same again.

  • ...
43
 426
 9,633

Chapter 12

”Ok, so who’s that guy?” Rainbow said as Twilight let go of her.

Twilight looked over at Colt Train and then back at Dash. “This is Colt Train; you could say he’s your savior.” Twilight explained as she looked at the unmoving but awake pegasus.

“Savior? How can he be my savior? I’ve never seen that guy before!” Rainbow exclaimed a bit louder than intended and blushed slightly at her silliness.

“No, you’ve never met me before, and I’ve never met you personally before either for that matter. What Twilight here means is, when you got knocked out by that giant stallion, Twilight was trying to fend him off. But she wasn’t exactly doing a spectacular job at that, luckily enough for her, my marefriend and I just happened to pass by at that exact moment. This forced the stallion to go away since he wasn’t supposed to involve civilians or something like that.” Colt Train explained, making Rainbow blink at him and nod very slowly as she tried to gather up what he had just said, and then, she gasped…

“Wait, so I got knocked out? I don’t remember that… I thought it was a tie… Oh well, guess not… Well, thanks for that then, I don’t really know how to say anything more than that, but thanks for saving me.” Rainbow said solemnly to the stallion that stood at the side of her bed.

Rainbow looked towards Twilight, who was smiling slightly. Rainbow understood this, but she didn’t really get it, how long had she been out for exactly? “Twilight, how long was I out?” She asked politely, which made Twilight frown a bit, Rainbow had clearly just asked this, had she just forgotten it or something? Twilight decided that it wasn’t something she would poke at.

“About a week, let me tell you, a week at a hospital is really boring when you haven’t got anything to do…” Twilight said with a sigh. Rainbow’s eyes got wide as she understood what the unicorn had just said.

Did she just say she stayed here for the entire week that I was out? That’s a freakishly long time, I don’t think I would ever be able to that, maybe with a Daring Do book, without it? I don’t think so… Rainbow’s mind was racing as she continued to process what was going on, she still couldn’t believe what she was hearing, but hearing that Twilight cared that much made her happy on the inside, Rainbow didn’t like this. C’mon brain, stop it! I’m not in love with Twilight! That’s stupid! I’m not a fillyfooler! She scolded herself harshly as her face crunched together in disapproval.

Rainbow Dash, stop denying the obvious, it’s actually really annoying to hear, I mean, I can feel your feelings and that’s very rare. It only happens when feelings are extremely strong and that means you are extremely in love with that mare, so if you don’t accept that soon, I will mentally kick your butt when you sleep.

Oh, right, you exist… And no, I’m not in love with another mare, that’s so not me, ok!? What she did for me was extremely kind and such, but don’t expect me to love another mare for that, OK!? Rainbow screamed at her mental companion, who was silently laughing at Rainbow.

Oh, wait, let me try something.

As Clover said that, Rainbow’s right forehoof moved up and over the bed cover. This made all three of the ponies eyes go wide as they stared at the moving hoof with fascination.

“Well, that’s fast.” Colt Train said with incredible disbelief and a sigh. “I think I will be going now, I don’t exactly belong in this room with you two. May we see each other again someday.” He said as he slowly walked out the door.

It… Worked? Good to know, could be useful in the future.

I do not like the sound of this. Rainbow mused with a cringe.

“Clover?” Twilight asked.

“Clover.” Rainbow confirmed.

“Right, understandable that… Anyway, how are you feeling?” Twilight asked with care in her voice.

“I’m fine, except for the not being able to move part, when the forehoof moved that was Clover, not me... So I guess you could say I’m just dandy, though, I do want to move around, but I can’t do that, now can I?” Rainbow said with melancholy as she sighed.

Twilight couldn’t say anything, she just sat there with a smile at the pegasus, who in turn smiled back at her. This quickly turned awkward, at least for Rainbow Dash, who decided it was a good idea to start talking about something. “Soo… Did I miss anything while I was out? Except for the Running of the Leaves…”

“No, not really, or rather, I don’t know, I have been staying here the whole week, so it isn’t exactly any way I can be updated on stuff that’s going on.”

The both of them stopped as they both heard a certain voice they knew all too well.

You two are so silly, you know that right? It’s hilarious to look at the awkwardness that seems to be around you two all the time! Anyway, that’s not what I’m here for this time, I need to say something to the both of you. I think you know how I talked about the rogue vampony, right? Yeah, I think you do, anyway, he escaped from his little cave thing… He should be here in a couple of days, which screws up a lot of things, like Rainbow’s training for one. But yeah, I wanted you two to know that since I need Rainbow to get something for me yet again, but I promise she will get back before our little rogue get’s here. Oh and Rainbow Dash? You can move now, just saying. When you are ready for the mission, just step out of the hospital and I will brief you, bye!

“OH COME ON! I don’t need another of those adventures any time soon, the last one nearly destroyed me! Ugh… Guess I will have to though, otherwise things will go south… Let’s test the other thing though.” Rainbow jumped up from the bed and seemed to hover perfectly in the air. “AWW YEAH!” She exclaimed with lots of enthusiasm. “Finally! I’m back in action!” She giggled, this was exciting, she could finally get back to the real world, dreaming might be fun, but the real world beats that any day! “HAHA! Take that weird paralyze thingy!”

“RAINBOW!” Twilight yelled loudly. “Calm down, ok!? No need to jump around like a manic just yet, even if you look healthy, how that is possible I have no idea. Probably has to do with the whole vampony thing, but still, calm down and get back on the ground!” Rainbow could be heard moaning loudly as she landed back on the ground and stared at Twilight. “Good, thank you. Now, I can’t let you go a mission like that again, you could get hurt, and besides, you just woke up from a coma! If you just have to go, you can’t keep me from going with you, don’t like it, too bad, you just have to deal with it!” Twilight scolded at Rainbow, who simply smiled at the unicorn.

“Sure, sure, you can come! It makes no difference to me, except that the company will be a lot more enjoyable, talking to Clover all day can get extremely boring. She just throws commands at me constantly, and I don’t like that, at all! So calm down and I will let you come with me, deal!?” Rainbow exclaimed back at the unicorn, who simply nodded sternly. “Good, now, help me get these bandages off me and we can get out of here, I never liked hospitals!”

And before she knew it, she was enveloped in purple magic and all her bandages were quickly removed from her body and revealed that her wounds had completely healed and she looked like she would on any other day. She stretched her entire body and let out a huge moan of satisfaction at the relief of tension she had been building up.

“Good, now let’s get out of here.” Rainbow commanded as she went for the door. As she reached for the door, she looked back at Twilight and spoke in a grateful and happy tone, “and Twilight? Thanks for looking over me the last week.” Rainbow said with a smile as she opened the door.

Twilight’s heart jumped as she heard what Rainbow had just said, she had a small smile as she walked with the pegasus out of the hospital.

When the two of them came out into the lobby, the doctors all just looked at Rainbow as she flew past them, they couldn’t believe what they were seeing, and that pony had been in a coma because of extreme damage for the last week, it was unbelievable that she was even awake at this time! What was even crazier was the fact that she had no visible wounds on her entire body, at all! And she was flying without a care in the world, what they were seeing was simply impossible! A pony could not heal and get back on their feet, or wings in this case, that fast, it was impossible! So they all just simply stared at the pegasus as she went out the front door, with a purple unicorn following soon after.

As they stepped outside, Rainbow landed on the ground and looked at Twilight with a very amused face. “Did you see them in there? They looked so funny! They couldn’t believe my recovery rate, yeah, I’m awesome, that probably has something to do with it, but still, it was really funny to look at those guys!” She giggled.

“Yeah, they did look kind of hilarious didn’t they? If I were them I would probably have done the same thing. You did recover unusually fast for a pony, but we both know the reason for that… Anyway, where is Clover and her instructions?” Twilight asked out into the blue, her question was answered by what she wanted to know.

Twilight Sparkle, my dear, I was here all along, I simply waited for your conversation to take a pause, which it just did, so I am jumping in right here. I am glad you decided to join Rainbow Dash on this escapade; it makes it a lot easier, just so you know. Anyway, when you find what I want, do not, I repeat, do not check what it is, if you do, you are in for a world of hurt, do we understand of each other? Good, now, what I need you to find is located in Canterlot, yes, Canterlot, you could visit somepony you know while you’re there I guess! That could be fun, could it not? Oh and Rainbow Dash, aren’t you having a terrible headache? You might want to show those fangs soon. Now, when you get to Canterlot I will continue on what you two are going to do, so just go there and I will wait over here in the corner…

“O-kay… Canterlot then, shall we go for the train station?” Rainbow asked as she slowly allowed herself the pleasure of showing her fangs to the open.

“Sure, we can do that and wait the whole day, or you could just lift me and fly there, which will go a lot faster and you will train yourself just getting there, that sounds like a better idea, does it not?” Twilight said with a rather serious tone.

Rainbow looked at her weirdly as she tried to understand what her friend had just said, did she want Rainbow to carry her all the way to Canterlot? She could do it, it was more a question if Twilight was up to the task of being in the air while she flew there. “Are you sure? Have you ever even been carried by a pegasus before? I mean, I know that non-pegasi hate being in the air, they don’t feel natural there, are you sure you can handle it?” Rainbow asked with lots of concern, Twilight just dismissed it with a hoof.

“Yes, I will be fine, the Princess took me flying on multiple occasions and she taught me not to be afraid of heights, so yes, I am pretty sure I can handle it. Now, can we please get this over with? I don’t want you getting hurt and I want this to be over as soon as possible if that’s possible.” Twilight said rather sternly, Rainbow just nodded at her and took the air and grabbed Twilight around the waist and started to fly off towards the royal city of Canterlot.

When Rainbow took to the air, she felt a tug from the pony she was carrying; she looked down at her friend and found that she was simply trying to make herself comfortable. Rainbow could only smile at this, her friend looked funny as she tried to make the flight all that more enjoyable. “Twilight, is it okay if I speed this up? It’s going to take a while if I fly at a normal speed, if I try to fly fast, we could get there a lot sooner. But, in that, there is a problem, I don’t know if you are okay with it…”

Twilight giggled as wind flew through her mane as they flew at a leisurely pace. “Yeah, I will be fine, and besides, as soon as we get this over with, the sooner we can get back, right?” Twilight said reassuringly with a tint of excitement.

“Have it your way!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she made one giant flap with her wings, immediately picking up a lot more speed than before. The speed they were traveling in increased by the second, it made Twilight’s face feel like it would blow off, but she couldn’t stop the feeling of awe at the incredible feeling of flying at an extreme speed. Twilight started giggling and wooing as they tore through the sky towards the capital. Rainbow looked down at her friend and saw her enthusiasm, this made Rainbow smile, big time. She could do That, that would certainly surprise her friend even more. Yeah, she was doing That, she was about to blow her friend away with pure awesomeness.

Her wings flapped harder and faster as she quickly sped up even more, the wind was tearing at them as the two of them soared through the sky. A border of the light spectrum could be seen slowly forming. Twilight face went wide as she realized what was happening, but Rainbow wouldn’t do that, right? She could pull it off, yes, but was it safe? Maybe… Twilight braced herself as a cone started to form around the two of them, Twilight could do nothing but stare, and this was getting intense. Twilight couldn’t stop feeling VERY exited but also very afraid, she had no idea what to feel at this point, too much was going on in her head to process the scene that was happening before her.

The cone got smaller, and smaller. Twilight could see that the burst point was getting increasingly closer, she braced herself for impact, and then…

KRA-KRABOOM!

Twilight couldn’t pick up what she was seeing, it was all just a huge blur of rainbows and lavender… wait, why was there lavender? Oh right, she was here and it was probably just her closed eyelids fooling her of the odd color… She opened her eyes and found that everything around her was rainbows; it was amazing to look at, almost impossible to describe. It filled her with such a huge feeling of joy as they traveled through the day sky in the most colorful of ways. Twilight couldn’t say anything, she was honored to be carried by Rainbow Dash, especially when she could do something like this, and it was intense. “How do ya like that, ya egghead?!” Rainbow shouted as they roared through the sky at extremely high speeds that were slowly going down again as Rainbow wanted to have a much more controlled fly capability. Twilight could only giggle in amusement, she couldn’t react in any other way, it was all just so perfect… Except for one thing, which made Twilight flinch quickly as she yelled back at the pegasus.

“WOOOHOOO!” Twilight shouted at the top of her lungs as they neared the city of Canterlot, well, that was fast. Twilight couldn’t utter words for the rest of their journey towards the city, her body was filled with the ecstasy of intense flying and it had taken a toll on her endurance, she was very tired, and she hadn’t even done anything!

Rainbow just laughed to herself as the purple unicorn giggled as they drew closer to the city. Rainbow had known that this would probably be Twilight’s reaction, that had pretty much been her own reaction when she did it as a filly, except, she didn’t freak out all that much, since she was too awesome for that. Because freaking out is so, not awesome. Rainbow decided to land a bit outside the city so that she could clear the head of her friend before they went into the city, it would also be a good spot to get all their supposed Intel from Clover.

Rainbow landed on the ground and released her friend from the grip she had on her. Twilight was still in a stupor of awe so Rainbow had to shake her. “TWILIGHT!?” She exclaimed loudly. This shook the unicorn and she looked at the pegasus with a blush that clearly said ‘sorry’ Rainbow only laughed at her friend’s silliness.

You’re there? You are? Good, then let’s get down to business, shall we? Now, I need you to get yet another package from me, you just have to misplace it somewhere close to the Everfree forest, or any forest for that matter, I can easily get it from there, that’s what happened to the last one, if you were wondering. Anyway, I need you to go to “Elusive’s magnificent clothier” I know what you’re probably thinking right now, a clothier? What could we possibly get from there? Let me tell you, there are a lot of things you don’t know about secret organizations, which is all I have to say about that topic. Anyway, when you get there, I need you to ask the shopkeeper about a ‘hemlig sten’ another swepony term, don’t mind that, it’s just a code in the underworld of Equestria, I have no idea why they use it, but they do. That’s all from me, so bye!

Twilight looked at Rainbow with a quizzical look, Rainbow shrugged. “I have no idea what she’s talking about most of the time; I just do what I’m told, easy as that.” This answer seemed to bug Twilight, but she didn’t push it.

They walked towards the gate and the guard greeted them welcome, he apparently knew Twilight, but who in Canterlot didn’t know Twilight at this point? Or at least knew who she was…

Rainbow had become familiar with this giant city, or at least in proportion to Ponyville, Manehattan was A LOT bigger than Canterlot, even so, Canterlot was still the capital, having a good tactical location certainly helped. As they walked through the city, Rainbow could really notice class differences as they went through the different layers of the city. It wasn’t the extreme differences you could find in a city like, say, Rio de Poneiro, that city had class differences so extreme, they had to shove ponies out of the city, and of course, those ponies were the lower standing ones. It was when Rainbow reminded herself of these things that she could really appreciate the usual boringness of a normal day in Ponyville.

When they arrived, the store seemed completely normal, but inside, oh the inside, it made Rainbow cringe it was so girly, so much pink. And to believe a stallion owned this place! He was probably the most flamboyant pony ever! And then, he appeared; he looked almost like that Hoiply Troitly pony, or whatever name he had. He spoke up in the voice Rainbow had predicted he would have, a very feminine but still masculine voice, it made Rainbow want to laugh, but she had basic manners so she held it in. “What may I help you with?” He asked the two of them, Twilight looked at Rainbow who nodded back at her.

Twilight uttered the line, ‘hemlig sten’ the stallion looked at the two of them with a questioning eye and then nodded. His motioned his hoof in such a way that made the two of them understand that he wanted them to follow him.

They walked into the back of the store, in through a door, it lead to a stair that went down. As they walked down the stairs, a very odd smell filled the air, but Rainbow tried to ignore it as they walked through a wooden corridor, until they finally came to a door.

The door was opened, so Rainbow and Twilight went inside. A voice started. “Hello you two, I hear you seek the ‘kalaspuff’, in that case, you have come to the right stallion!”

Twilight had a weird sense of familiarity to the voice, she couldn’t quite place the voice to a face, but there was something off about it.

The chair the stallion was sitting in turned around and when he stopped, he just stared at Twilight, who stared right back at him.

“Twilight!?”
“Dad!?”