• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 9,633 Views, 426 Comments

Pegazo Vampir Equinae - Gecko



A single crash. A simple accident. Rainbow Dash's life will never be the same again.

  • ...
43
 426
 9,633

Chapter 3

“Wait, Celestia is coming right now?” Dash asked, worried about the quick reaction.

“That’s pretty much the entire letter, so yes; she’s coming, right now,” Twilight stated as she trotted into her kitchen.

“But what’s going to happen to me? I mean, that can only be a bad thing, right?” Rainbow started to fly around worriedly.

“Rainbow, I didn’t know you were that paranoid, too; that’s usually my role.” The both of them chuckled for a bit. “I mean, remember Smarty Pants? I was paranoid but in the end it turned out alright.” Those words calmed Rainbow down, so she sat down on the couch again.

“Right, no panicking,” Rainbow Dash said to herself, trying to calm down. “IT ISN’T WORKING!” she yelled as she started to fly around again.

“CALM DOWN!” Twilight commanded, quickly grabbing Rainbow in her magic field and putting her down on the couch with incredible force. “Now, Rainbow Dash, I swear upon everything, that whatever happens when Celestia gets here, you won’t get hurt or banished. I swear on my life!” she exclaimed right into Rainbow’s face, who did as she was told and stopped blabbering, silencing herself. “Good. And now we wait,” she stated as she placed herself next to Rainbow Dash on the couch and started waiting.

Luckily they did not have to wait long before there was knocking on the door. This frightened Rainbow Dash who immediately flew behind the couch. Twilight sighed annoyed and went for the door.

The unicorn opened the door to reveal Princess Celestia. She emanated an aura that hit Rainbow Dash right in the chest, filling her with pain.

“Princess, come in. Rainbow Dash is a bit scared right now; I guess I would be too if it was me… Oh sorry.” she motioned into the library and the princess nodded and walked inside. There were no guards with her, which puzzled Twilight to a great extent; guards were always right behind the princess. Was this so important that not even the guards should know about it?

All the while Celestia was walking further into the library and the pain in Rainbow’s chest grew each step the Princess took, until she stopped.

“Rainbow Dash, please show yourself,” the princess said calmly. Rainbow peeked over the couch and looked straight at the princess. Pain was clear in the flier’s eyes. “I see, that’s unfortunate.” Rainbow tilted her head slightly. “My presence seem to be hurting you, is that true?” Rainbow slowly nodded. “I have to apologize for that, but I had to make sure.” And suddenly the pain in Rainbow’s chest lifted and flew away. The look of relief on Rainbow’s face was clear, and the princess smiled lightly.

“Princess as you can see-“

“I know, my faithful student, I can see it myself.” Twilight let out a small ‘oh’ and nodded. “Now, how did this happen again did you say?” The princess asked as she sat down slowly on the floor.

Rainbow Dash slowly walked out from behind the couch, still scared of the aura the princess had just taken away. “H-hello princess,” she stammered.

The princess stood up again and walked over to the pegasus, giving her a caring hug. “My loyal subject, the element of loyalty, I would never do anything to hurt you, and I can see the pain in your eyes. Please calm down.” And almost instantaneously Rainbow calmed down; she had no idea how it happened, but it did. The princess released the hug and smiled at the Pegasus, who made a weak smile in return.

“Thanks princess, I needed that,” Rainbow said as she trotted over and sat down on the couch again. The princess sat down on the floor again. Twilight took a seat in a nearby chair. “It all happened this morning. I was trying to--“

She continued to talk about her experiences that day to the princess and Twilight.


“I see. I wonder who this ghost character is though,” Celestia mumbled when Rainbow had finally finished her story.

“Princess, I have a theory on who it could be, though there’s no concrete evidence to support it, I personally think it’s Clover, Clover the Clever.” Twilight stated matter-of-factly. Celestia’s face went into a state of confusion.

“Clover… I suppose that could be true. I never met her personally, but seeing as the death was exactly 3228 years ago, the only pony of note that I know died at that time was her. But that doesn’t mean it’s her; everything is just speculations at this point,” Celestia explained, and Twilight nodded.

“There is one thing I forgot to mention though.” Rainbow admitted quietly and Twilight’s face widened, knowing what she was talking about.

“Please tell me, I’m only here to help,” the princess admitted with a soothing tone.

“Princess, I already know the thing she’s going to say and well, it’s not pretty,” Twilight said nervously.

“Twilight Sparkle, I have a hunch that I already know what’s she’s going to say as well, and I can see on your face that you found page S?” Celestia said making Twilight’s face redden up with a blush. She turned back to Rainbow who was still sitting on the couch. “Now please, do tell me.”

“Well, the ghost mentioned something I had to do or else I would go into a blood craze with no way out.” The princess nodded and Rainbow continued. “I am supposed to t-t-turn five other p-ponies,” Dash said as she curled herself into a ball stroking her own tail.

The princess’s face turned serious. “That is quite the conundrum. But I’m not angry at you, if that’s what you think.” These words made Rainbow look up at her confused. “I could never be angry at you for something you can’t control. I just hope the ones who this happens to would want to do it, can I at least make that clear?” Rainbow nodded and started to tear up. “Now now, don’t cry.” The princess stood up again and nuzzled the newly-made vampony.

“Thanks.” Rainbow said as she flew up in the air, out of the grasp of the princess. “I think I’m feeling a lot better now, so thanks.” She smiled and Celestia smiled back while Twilight was still flustered from something Rainbow Dash didn’t understand. She landed next to Twilight poking her with a hoof. “And what’s up with you being all red in the face and stuff?” Rainbow said with a smug smile still poking Twilight.

“I might tell you, in the future.” Twilight said as she crossed her hooves. Rainbow poked her again.

“Please?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight looked up at Rainbow, who was making a very sincere smile, and then she saw something: a sparkle in her eye. Rainbow sparkle… Wait, no, dumb Twilight stop thinking like that. STOP IT, RIGHT NOW! Twilight yelled in her head as she looked away from Rainbow blushing even more than before.

“What is up with Twilight?” Rainbow asked the princess, who only chuckled.

“That I’m afraid I can’t tell you because that would be awkward for Twilight. But to be fair, let’s just say it involves the handbook on vamponies.” Rainbow’s look turned to confusion. The princess just smiled.

“That’s great and all, but was there anything else?” Rainbow asked the princess as she landed back on the ground again.

“Yes, there is. I want you to know that as long as you don’t go outside the boundaries of reasonable use of your powers, I won’t act. When you mentioned that she would send you on these ‘missions,’ do you have any clear idea what these might entail?” Rainbow shook her head. “That’s… bad. I’m afraid that she doesn’t have the best intentions in mind, but let’s hope not then.” Rainbow nodded at the statement. “I’m also a bit curious, how are you planning on revealing this to your friends?”

“Pinkie already knows; I don’t know how, but she somehow just knew.” This statement slightly shocked Celestia, but she regained composure in a matter of seconds.

“That’s very odd indeed, but it’s nothing we should worry about. How about the others?” Celestia asked curiously as she stretched her wings.

All the while Twilight was still fidgeting with herself in embarrassment.

“Right now, I have no idea, though I think Twilight would need to be there. I think that would be best, because if the others see that she’s okay with it, they might be more inclined to accept it.” Rainbow explained, still sitting comfortably on the couch.

“Yes, that is true. Farewell for now my loyal subjects. I have a kingdom to rule, but I also need my sleep.” She winked at Rainbow and went out the door, flying off towards Canterlot.

Dash went over to the still-flustered Twilight. What’s up with her? It happened when the princess mentioned a page S or something. What did that page say? I really want to know. Rainbow poked Twilight, who didn’t even react. “Twilight, get up… Please?” she said bringing Twilight out of her stupor. “If you don’t want to say why you are so weird all the time then don’t, though you look really adorable when you’re like this.”

“I DO NOT!” she retorted, only blushing slightly now.

They looked at each other without a word… until they broke into laughter. The laughing session held on for a minute or two, neither could really tell.

“Ahh, that was pretty funny,” Rainbow said as she dried the tears of laughter from her eyes, Twilight doing the same.

“Yeah, that did sound ridiculous. As for the book, I’ve decided not to tell you. Maybe in the future, but no promises.” Rainbow let out a small ‘aww’ and Twilight just chuckled. “Now, let’s get a plan to tell the girls, hmm?” Twilight asked the Pegasus.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” Both of them let out yawns. “Heh, guess we’re tired?” Twilight nodded. “I just want to say something before we go to bed or something; firstly, could I stay here tonight? I don’t really feel like flying home right now.”

“Of course you can, Rainbow; you’re always welcome here.” The two smiled at each other. “The second thing?” the unicorn asked.

“Well, I have a plan on how to tell Applejack, but that involves her not knowing until the Running of the Leaves.” Rainbow smiled sheepishly. Twilight just sighed.

“You’re going to cheat aren’t you?” Rainbow Dash faked being shocked.

“How could you possibly think something like that of me?” Rainbow said in a Rarity-like voice. Twilight just looked at her with a flat face. “Fine… Yes I’m going to use my powers there, but remember, she only said to not use wings, you know that.” The unicorn rolled her eyes then rose from her chair and trotted into the kitchen of the library, Rainbow following close behind.

Twilight opened the fridge with her magic and grabbed two sandwiches for a night snack.

“Right, so no telling Applejack until the Running of the Leaves: check. how about Fluttershy and Rarity then?” Twilight put forth as she took a bite from her sandwich.

“Fluttershy would probably be the easiest one I would think. Considering she would say sorry like it was her fault or something, so she’s easy. As for Rarity, I’m going to expect something bad, though if what I hear is true and that she actually read that crappy ‘Dawnbreak saga’ then I’m not quite sure what her reactions would be.” Rainbow took a bite of her sandwich, and Twilight just nodded along with everything she said.

“I know for a fact that Rarity read that series, but that doesn’t really mean anything.” Can’t let Dash know that I actually like it too, would be awkward and not something that would help my goal along. Twilight thought to herself as she took yet another bite.

“I’m just afraid that she will think I’m sparkling or something; that would be awkward. Really awkward.” Rainbow stated.

Twilight looked away, getting a bit of crimson in her face again. This is getting really awkward, at least for me. And for the sparkle bit, I already know she can produce sparkles, but I won’t tell her that. She would just have a nervous breakdown, or something worse… She shook her head and looked back at Rainbow as she took the last bite of her sandwich. She stretched her hooves and yawned. “I think I’m going to bed now. You can just go to the guest room when you feel like sleeping. Good night.” She trotted out and up the stairs into her room.

“Good night.” Rainbow said to herself as Twilight walked upstairs. Wait, why did I yawn before? I’m not supposed to be needing sleep right? At least I think she said something like that.

That, my loyal one, is true, but your body is still trying to adapt, so you will sleep a lot less than a normal pony would.

Oh great, the almighty voice is back. Rainbow made a grunt at the voice that let out a small chuckle at the Pegasus.

Silly, silly mortal-made immortal. I’m only here to guide you for the moment.

I know and that’s the problem, you’re going to use me later, which I’m not exactly thrilled about. Now Rainbow took the last bite of her own sandwich.

Enjoying food? If you, for example, don’t obey one of my orders, your sense of taste might disappear. Just saying. Rainbow gulped. I can do that, yes.

Please go away? I want to be alone right now. The voice made a final popping sound, disappearing as fast as it had come.

Rainbow looked around for the coffee machine Twilight had borrowed earlier the same day and found it standing right next to the sink already plugged in. Guess I could take some, not that I really need it. She decided to make a single cup.


As Rainbow Dash finished her cup of coffee, she yawned again and decided to go for a late night flight to get rid of some excess energy.

She opened the door to the library and took flight. Managing her speed had become noticeably difficult due to her new form. Rainbow couldn't help but smile as she flew over the town. She really loved this place for all its worth; it was small yes, but it had her friends, and that was all she needed. The only thing that could come close, but never top it, would be a spot in the Wonderbolts, but she knew that was no longer an option. She would be the odd one out, the outsider.

The town was even quieter than it had been when she had flown over to the library in the first place. All lights were out and everypony was sleeping, except for her that is. At least she thought so. She noticed a faint light while flying. It was emanating from the apple orchard her friend owned, but the light wasn’t coming from the house itself. No, it was coming from what seemed to be The Cutie Mark Crusaders tree house. What are the girls doing up at this time? Determined to answer that question, she flew down to the house, retracting her appearance and gaining the headache once again.

It seemed like whoever was inside the tree house had heard her land, as a lot of shuffling started in the small house. The sounds suddenly stopped as Rainbow walked inside and saw Scootaloo sitting at the table. “Hey Scoots, what are you doing here?” Rainbow asked as she walked inside. The filly sighed.

“I couldn’t bear to be home; mom and dad were fighting again. I’m afraid something might happen, so I decided to come here, the safest place I know,” Scootaloo said with a very flat look.

“Well that’s not good,” Rainbow said awkwardly. She didn’t really know what to do; this wasn’t really her comfort zone. Fluttershy would usually be more up to this task, but alas Dash was the only one present. “Look Scoots, things like this happen all the time. I’m actually in quite the situation right now myself, but I don’t think it’s as harsh.” Rainbow pulled Scootaloo into a caring hug making the filly smile.

“Heh thanks, but this is normal for my family. It doesn’t really faze me as much anymore,” she said as she released the hug and smiled, which was returned by the larger pegasus. “What I’m more interested in is what problem you are having, care to talk? I’ve talked.” Rainbow chuckled at the filly.

“It’s gonna scare ya, I know it will. It’s something I can show you, but are you absolutely sure you want to see it?” The filly made a hesitant nod, and Rainbow took a large breath.

Rainbow slowly released her new form in front of the filly whose eyes were widening all the while, her mouth hanging agape. Scootaloo fell out of her chair in surprise, but she quickly got back on her hooves.

“AWESOME!” she exclaimed, making the grown mare very confused. “You’re a legend normally, and now you’re a vampony as well? That’s so awesome,” she said as she hugged Rainbow’s leg.

“Thanks, I thought you would be more freaked out. Not many ponies like the whole ‘being a monster’ thing.”

“Monster? If ponies think you’re a monster, then they’re stupid. And if you really are a monster then I’m a chicken, which I’m not.” Rainbow snickered slightly at the filly’s silliness.

“Thanks,” Rainbow said as she dragged Scootaloo into yet another hug. “What do you say about me staying here with you for the night? It’s not like I have anything important anyway.” The filly’s eyes started shining.

“You would do that?” she asked with excitement in her voice.

“Of course, it’s the least I could do for my number one fan.” The filly beamed with pride and happiness as she dragged Rainbow Dash over to the spot she had made for sleeping.

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo curled together and the filly fell asleep almost immediately. Rainbow smiled and placed herself next to the filly, pulling a hoof over her and falling asleep as well.