• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 3,287 Views, 113 Comments

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic With Reiner and Bertholdt Season 1 - TheUnknownPhantom5



Reiner Braun . The Armored Titan, and Bertholdt Hoover. The Colossal Titan end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 113
 3,287

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 25: The Show Stoppers: Gala arc Part 18

Applejack was leading the Cutie Mark Crusaders to an unknown locatation. She had a special suprise for them.

"Where are you taking us"? Asked Apple Bloom

"We're almost there young'uns" Applejack replied chuckuling.

Sweetie Belle looked around, amazed by the surronding area.

"I've never been here before". She said looking around. Scootaloo too was admiring the area, so she didn't notice that Apple Bloom had stopped, and bumped into her.

"Ouch"! Scootaloo yelped in suprise.

"Oops, sorry". Apple Bloom apologized.

"Are we there yet"? Scootaloo complained.

"There? Where? What? I don't even know what we're doing." Sweetie Belle said. Applejack then finally spoke up.

"Here we are". She announced. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all looked up to find themselves staring at a rigity old looking treehouse.

"Um. What are you looking at"? Asked Apple Bloom.

Applejack turned and smiled at the three fillies.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders, welcome to your new clubhouse. [silence] Well, don't thank me all at once. This was my clubhouse when I was your age. Sure it hasn't been used in a while, but it's empty and on a secluded, private part of the farm. And it's all yours. It just needs a little, uh... TLC". Applejack explained

"TLC as in Tender Loving Care or Totally Lost Cause"? Scootaloo asked in a mocking tone, garnering Apple Bloom to slap her in the back of the head.

"Ow"! She yelped, and faced Apple Bloom, but quickly backed off when she saw the glare the little farm filly was giving her. Apple Bloom's amber eyes then softened, and she turned to Applejack.

"Um, Applejack"? Apple Bloom began

"Yeah"? Applejack asked.

"We really do appriecate this and all, but how are we suppose to turn this into our new clubhouse"? Apple Bloom asked.

"Well, maybe y'all will get your cutie marks when you discover your talent for... Waaah!" Applejack started to say, but do to the fact that the treehouse was old before she could finish her sentence Applejack fell through the wooden wall.

"House Cleaning". Applejack finished in a daze as the CMCs giggled.

A couple of days had passed since the CMCs were giving their new Clubhouse. Scootaloo was racing through ponyville on her way to see how the fix up was going. Apple Bloom had said that she would work on it, and make it look brand new. As Scootaloo rode through the village she did several stunts, and tricks on her scooter amazing the ponies she passed by. Finally she arrived at the treehouse, and to her shock and amazment it was already looking better then the last time any of them had seen it. Apple Bloom, who had been working on the Clubhouse like she said she would looked up, and greeted Scootaloo.

"Whoa! Hi, Scootaloo! Back already? You're amazin' on that scooter". She complemeted.

Scootaloo smiled, and in turn admired the work Apple Bloom had put into fixing the treehouse.

"Thanks! Wow, Apple Bloom. You did all of this?" Scootaloo said in amazment.

"Yep! I've fixed the broken shutters, sanded off the splinters, rebuilt the roof, painted..." Apple Bloom replied.

Just then Reiner Braun, and Bertholdt Hoover showed up.

"Hey you two". Reiner greeted.

"Hi Mr. Braun, and Mr. Hoover". Apple Bloom greeted.

"Applejack told us you got a new clubhouse". Bertholdt stated.

"Yep, it was all old and falling apart at first, but thanks to Apple Bloom here it's looking all brand new". Scootaloo said, all while making Apple Bloom blush.

"How did you get so handy with tools in the first place"? Reiner asked.

"Yeah, I would really like to know as well". Scootaloo said in curiosty.

"Oh, daddy was always fixing stuff when I was younger, and I would just watch him, sometimes I'd mimick the movements he made, and well eventually he thought me". Apple Bloom explained.

"That's so cool". Scootaloo said, but then she noticed something. "Hey, where's Sweetie Belle"? she asked.

Sweetie Belle, was over in another area dusting off a piano while singing a little melody.

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders...

...Never stop the journey...

Sweetie Belle kept humming until she heard Apple Bloom's voice call out to her.

"There you are Belle". Apple Bloom said. She then turned to Scootaloo, Reiner, and Bertholdt. "See I told you if we just followed the singing we'd find her". Apple Bloom stated.

"You were right". Scootaloo said. The four ponies then went up to Sweetie Belle.

"What are you working on"? Reiner asked.

"Oh. I was just working on our new Cutie Mark Crusaders theme song." Sweetie Belle explained.

"Cool"! Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo said excitedly. "Teach us"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Yeah, please"? Asked Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle thought for a moment.

"Well, I've only come up with one part... but okay!" She agreed.

"Yay"! Apple Bloom cheered. She then turned to Bertholdt, and Reiner. "You guys wanna come see the inside of the club house"? She asked.

"Sure why not". Reiner replied.

Inside the clubhouse Sweeite Belle, was teaching Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo the lyrics to the song, while Reiner and Bertholdt listened. Unaware to any of them Applejack also came by to see what they were doing.

Sweetie Belle sang first.

They all say that you will get your mark
When the time is really right.

Her voice was amazing in Reiner, Bertholdt, and Applejack's minds.

Then it was Apple Bloom.

And you know just what you're supposed to do.

Now Apple Bloom never payed any attention to her singing voice, but unknown to her the entire town thought she had the voice of an angel. To Reiner, Apple Bloom's voice is how he believed Christa's voice would sound if she sang.

Next was Scootaloo, who basicily just shouted the words instead of singing, making Applejack, Reiner, and Bertholdt cringe.

"And your talent comes to light!"

"Um, that was something". Bertholdt stated.

"Yeah, I'll say". Reiner agreed.

Applejack then spoke up.

"I'll be, Cutie Mark Crusaders. You've done one fine job with this place. So, what's next?"

"Well". Apple Bloom began. "Now that we have our own clubhouse".

"And a Map of Ponyville" Scootaloo replied.

"...and a Cutie Mark Crusaders theme song..." Finshied Sweetie Belle.

"That was your theme song"? Applejack asked, though her question was ignored as the Crusaders all began to talk about their plans.

"We're gonna go out in the world and discover our talents." Said Apple Bloom

"A new Adventure". Scootaloo replied.

"To earn our Cutie Marks"! Stated Sweetie Belle.

"We'll leave no stone unturned!" Apple Bloom continued.

"No Mountain unclimbed". Scootaloo stated.

"No meal Uncooked". Sweetie Belle finished.

"Well okay then! Sounds like you have a plan. I gotta, uh... leave no apple unpicked! See y'all later!" Applejack said as she turned to leave.

As Applejack left, Scootaloo turned to Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle.

"Are we ready to get our cutie marks, ponies?" She asked.

"Ready!" Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom cheered.

Apple Bloom then turned to Reiner, and Bertholdt.

"Come with us"? She asked.

Reiner, and Bertholdt thought for a moment before nodding their heads.

"Alright". Said Reiner.

Soon, The CMCs went off and tried to earn their cutie marks, with Reiner, and Bertholdt supervising them.

(The Reluctant Heroes Plays)

The CMCs first attempt at getting their cutie marks, was being pig feeders. They started by gathering the food for the animals. Scootaloo poured the food into the trough, Sweetie Belle rang the bell to let the pigs know their lunch was ready, and Apple Bloom opened the pen. Now Apple Bloom, actually having experince with feeding the pigs quickly step to the side, and watched as the pigs ran out. As she watched them go, she heard a small crashing sound. Apple Bloom looked over to see that Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo had been knocked over by the pigs, and were covered in mud. Apple Bloom looked over at them, and giggled, making Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo giggle aswell. They then looked at their flanks. Which were still blank.

The second attempt brought the CMCs, along with Reiner, and Bertholdt to sugarcube corner. Gathered around a large mixing bowl that was used for taffy making. They dumped package, after package of baking ingredients into it. However, they didn't remove the packaging paper when the crusaders turned the mixer on. Things seemed to be going well at first, but then Scootaloo got her tail caught on the large beater when it came back around. Fourtently Reiner, and Bertholdt manged to pull her out before she got sucked into the mixer. Once the taffy was done mixing the crusaders checked there flanks. Still Blank.

The next thing they tried to do was set up their own beauty parlor in the main area of the Carousel Boutique. Apple Bloom rang a bell to attracth customers along with Reiner and Bertholdt. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were busy helping their first customer relax as they tried to make their own mane dying mixture. After they were down Apple Bloom heard crying. Confused, she Reiner, and Bertholdt looked to see the pony running out of the Boutique with a rainbow afro. Apple Bloom looked on sadly, feeling bad for the pony. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo then came out, but it seemed like all they cared about was their flanks, which were still blank. Seeing this prompted Apple Bloom to grab the clip board, and whack both of them with it. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo looked at her in confusion as Apple Bloom glared at them. She then pointed at the crying pony. Understanding what Apple Bloom was getting at, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo went over with Apple Bloom to the pony, and all three of them apologized. The pony smiled, and assured them that she forgave them.

After that fiasco, the filles traveled somewhere outside of town. With help from Bertholdt, and Reiner, they set up a special two sided stand. On one side was a bunch of buttons with shapes on them. Apple Bloom was on the side with the shapes, her goal was to match the shape with whatever card Sweetie Belle had chosen. However she failed each time, and they still didn't have their cutie marks.

Next was mountain climbing, but that too failed.

Finally, they tried snorkling, but once again they didn't get their cutie marks. The three filles came out of the water feeling depressed.

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourselves, just keep on trying, I'm sure you'll get your marks eventually". Reiner said trying to reassure them.

"Yeah, just keep on moving forward". Bertholdt replied.

Hearing those words made the fillies perk up.

"Yeah, you guys are right, all we have to do is keep trying". Apple Bloom said.

"No matter how hard it gets". Chimed in Scootaloo.

"Until we get our cutie marks". Sweetie Belle declared.

"That's the sprit, and since you girls are working so hard we wanted to give you theses". Reiner said as he pulled out three red headbands with stars on them.

"What are these"? Apple Bloom asked.

"A little something with asked Rarity to make for you when you first came together." Bertholdt replied.

"You three are now honorary warriors"! Reiner stated with a smile on his face.

The three filles took the headbands, and smiled at the two stalions.

"Thanks you guys". Apple Bloom smiled

"So, what are you three going to do know"? Asked Bertholdt.

"I think were going to head to the golden oak library to see if we can get our cutie marks in being librarians". Scootaloo stated.

"Alright, that sounds easy, we're going to head back home alright"? Reiner asked.

Apple Bloom nodded. "Yeah, thanks for all your help you two".

"No problem". Said Reiner as he and Bertholdt went home. After the two stalions left, the three fillies went off to the golden oak library

Currently Publicly Avalablie Information Warrior Cadets. A unit of child soldiers consisting of Eldian "devils." Under command of the Marley army, they undergo harsh training and are selected based on their grades, skills, behavior, personality, and devotion to Marley. As only "devils" can inherit the Nine Titans, the existence of Eldians is crucial for the defense of Marley. As such, Eldians selected to become Warriors are granted "Honorary Marleyan" status along with their immediate family.

Later that day, Twilight Sparkle, who had been helping out Samantha Cheerlie with something, arrived back to the library with the teacher. Once they arrived, they saw Spike standing in the middle of the room. As soon as he saw Twilight he quickly spoke up.

"I had nothing to do with this"! He exclaimed.

"What is going on here"? asked Twilight as the CMCs rose from the pile of books on the floor.

"Hmm... well, we sure aren't gettin' our cutie marks for bein' librarians." Apple Bloom stated.

"Huh, I should think not". Spike grumbled causing Twilight to glare at him. "What"? He asked. Twilight just sighed, and walked up to the girls.

"Girls, I think you're going about this the wrong way. Instead of trying to do things in areas you're not familiar with, why not try doing things in areas that you already like"? She suggested. Cheerlie then walked up.

"And I have the perfect place to start." She said handing the CMCs a flyer.

Apple Bloom inspected it carefully.

"Showcase your talents". she began.

"For all to see". Scootaloo continued.

"Perform in the Ponyville school talent show!" Sweetie Belle finished.

"There'll be all sorts of awards. Best dramatic performance, best comedy act, best magic act... surely you can find your talent." Cheerlie stated.

"This is perfect, Oh thank you Miss. Cheerlie". Apple Bloom beamed.

"Yeah, we can do so many things, like acting". Scootaloo said.

"Acting"? Sweetie Belle question. No way we should do magic tricks.

"Why magic tricks"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Uh, because why not"? Sweetie Belle replied.

"Well why should we do something that none of us are good at"? Scootaloo questioned.

"Because". Sweetie Belle began, only for Apple Bloom to intterupt her.

"Girls! please no fighting"! She exclaimed.

Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo both stopped and stared at each other.

"Sorry". Scootaloo apologized.

"Me too" Sweetie Belle said.

Apple Bloom smiled, as she and the girls looked back at Twilight.

"My little ponies! You're missing the point. Think about the things you already enjoy doing. Think about what you're already good at." She stated.

"Yeah, we can do that". Scootaloo said winking at Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom didn't understand why Scootaloo had winked, but Sweetie Belle knew exactly what the pegagus filly meant.

"Yeah! Sure we can." Sweetie Belle replied.

Apple Bloom didn't know what they meant, but it didn't matter to her.

"Well whatever we do, we'll do it together"! She stated.

"YAY"! They all cheered, and left the library.

Later that day the cutie mark crusaders rode out of the Carousel Boutique in a wagon that was filled with a bunch of stuff. Rarity came out of the store and angrily called out to the girls.

"Sweetie Belle! I told you not to touch my things. Come back with my supplies!"

"We're just borrowing them for the talent show. Don't worry, sis. I promise we'll bring them back"! Sweetie Belle called back.

"You couldn't have just asked her to borrow the supplies"? Apple Bloom asked curiously.

"Have you met my sister? You know she would have said no". Sweetie Belle replied.

"Oh, right, still I don't feel right about just taking things without permission". Apple Bloom responeded.

"Must you be so negetive"? Scootaloo asked.

"No, I just". Apple Bloom began".

"Look, don't worry we'll ask for permission to borrow the other stuff we need". Scootaloo assured Apple Bloom.

The crusaders then went to another store, and borrowed a fan from the owner. It was Sweetie Belle's idea.

"Thanks, Mr. Breezy. We'll return the fan to you real soon". Scootaloo said.

"Belle, what do we need the fan for"? Asked Apple Bloom.

"Trust me on this one". Sweetie Belle replied.

Soon the girls had even more stuff, as they stood outside another store.

"Okay, so that's six wooden planks, four-by-eight plywood, a box of nails, four cans of paint, and four brushes Scootaloo stated". "Anything else?" She asked.

"Yeah. Instructions on how to use six wooden planks, four-by-eight plywood, a box of nails, four cans of paint, and four brushes." Sweetie Belle replied. Apple Bloom just shrugged.

The CMCs then went back to the golden oak libary to borrow a book from Twilight.

""Ghosts, Goblins and Ghoulish Figures"? Good heavens, girls. What do you need a book like this for?" Twilight asked

"You'll see. Thanks, Twilight. We'll give it back as soon as we're done with it." As she and the other crusaders left.

"What do you think they're up to"? Twilight asked Spike.

"I have no idea and I don't know if I should be excited or scared to find out". Spike Replied.

Back at the clubhouse, the crusaders were setting things up for their performance.

"I'm glad we're doin' this as a team." Apple Bloom stated.

"Me too". Sweetie Belle exclaimed. "Um... so what are we doing again?" She then asked.

"A super awesome dramatic song for the talent show, of course." Scootaloo replied.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Right! With super-cool scenery. And amazing costumes!" She replied.

"And mind-blowin' dance moves." Apple Bloom stated as she did a small dance move.

"This is gonna be soo amazing!" Scootaloo said.

Apple Bloom nodded in agreement, and then turned to Sweetie Belle.

"Sweetie Belle, I think you should be a singer." Apple Bloom stated.

"What? No way I'm singing in front of a crowd. Twilight said to do something we like to do, and I'd like to be like my big sister, and she's a designer." Sweetie Belle explained.

"Fine then. You can do the costumes and the scenery." Scootaloo replied.

Apple Bloom then turned to Scootaloo.

"Well then Scootaloo, you're great in maneuvers on your scooter. So you should do the choreography. Y'know, all those dance moves". Apple Bloom said.

"Nah. I'd rather sing a wicked rock ballad. Why don't you come up with the dance routine, Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo replied.

"WHAT"! Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Yeah come on Apple Bloom it will be great, like I said Twilight said to do something we like". Sweetie Belle stated.

"I'm pretty sure she meant things were already good at". Apple Bloom stated, but her words fell on deaf ears.

"Come on Apple Bloom this will be perfect". Scootaloo insisted.

"I don't know girls, I mean Sweetie Belle you have an amazing voice". Apple Bloom pointed out.

"So do you". Sweetie Belle muttered under her breath.

"What was that"? Asked Apple Bloom.

"Oh nothing. Just come on Apple Bloom, let's just do this, and stop worrying". Sweetie Belle insisted.

Apple Bloom sighed. "Alright". she muttered.

Later, each of the girls were pratcting with what they were going to do for their performance.

Apple Bloom was trying to get the hang of dancing, but she was having trouble.

"One... two... three... oh! Oh!" She tripped and fell next to Scootaloo.

"Um Apple Bloom, what are you doing?" Scootaloo asked.

"Oh, I feel like I have four left feet. I can't even spin right." Apple Bloom replied. She then looked at Scootaloo and asked "Are you sure I should be the dancer"?

Scootaloo smiled at the earth pony filly. "Don't be silly. You just gotta keep your head forward until the very last minute, like this".

Scootaloo then did a very impressive thrill which amazed Apple Bloom.

"See? Easy-peasy. You just gotta practice a bunch, that's all". Scootaloo replied.

"And that's why you should be the dancer". Apple Bloom said under her breath.

"What was that"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Oh, nothin! Thanks for giving me some pointers, I'm going to get practicing". Apple Bloom replied as she began to try and dance some more. Only to fall again. " Oh! Ouch! Ow. I'm okay!"

"Keep pratcing". Scootaloo told her.

"Will do". Apple Bloom sighed.

Scootaloo then went back to trying to write the lyrics for the song they we're going to peform at the showcase, however like Apple Bloom with the dancing, Scootaloo was having trouble with writing the lyrics.

"We fight the fight, walk the walk. Talk the talk, eat the... uh... food like a celery stalk? Ugh! I'll never come up with anything! Never, never, never!" Scootaloo groaned as she banged her head on the piano in frustration. Just then, a piece of fabric came rolling by, Sweetie Belle was chasing after it.

"Come back! Come back! Uh. Dumb fabric." The unicorn filly groaned. She then turned to Scootaloo. "Hey, Scoot! How's the song going"? Sweetie Belle asked. Scootaloo blew a raseberry in response.

"Oh my. Sounds serious". Sweetie Belle stated. Scootaloo just sighed in response.

"I'm just no good at lyrics. Coming up with words is, like... Really hard". Scootaloo groaned.

"Oh they can't be that bad". Sweetie Belle reaasured as she walked up to check what Scootaloo had wrote. But as soon Sweetie Belle started reading, she could defentily see what Scootaloo meant.

"Oh, it can't be that bad. "With our cutie marks we'll rock Equestria. We use our stomachs to... digestia"? Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo who smiled back sheepishly.

"Umm... well... these are... um... good, but... how about after "we fight the fight"... Sweetie Belle then began to sing.

There is nothing that we fear
We'll have to figure out what we'll do next
'Til our cutie marks are here.

"Wow! That's so awesome! Did you just come up with that now?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah... kind of." Sweetie Belle replied.

"That's why you should be the singer Sweetie Belle". Apple Bloom muttered to herself.

"Huh, you say something Apple Bloom"? Sweetie Belle asked.

"No, nothing". Apple Bloom replied with a smile.

"Um, anyways, thanks Belle, I'm defenitly going to use those lyrics". Scootaloo said. Just then, the fabric that Sweetie Belle had been chasing rolled into the pond.

"Oh no"! She exclaimed as she rushed to get it out. Later Sweetie Belle hung the fabric up to dry, and started working on one of the coustumes she wanted to make, however like the other two she found what she was doing to be pretty difficult.

"One, two, three, four, five"? Sweetie Belle groaned realizing her mistake. Just then, Apple Bloom came by still trying to pratctince dancing, only to fall again.

"Ouch"! Apple Bloom grunted.

"How's the spin coming along?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I think I gotta just stick to punches and kicks." Apple Bloom stated. She then looked at the costume Sweetie Belle made. "You know, ponies only have four legs." Apple Bloom pointed out.

Sweetie Belle sighed. "I'll never be a designer like my sister Rarity."

"Hey, it's no big deal. Why don't you use the dress form? It'll help you with your patterns and help you put all the pieces in the right places." Apple Bloom said pointing to the manican that Sweetie Belle had set up.

"Oh, that's what's that's for". Sweetie Belle asked.

"Uh... maybe you should also clean your paintbrush between each color." Apple Bloom stated looking at some of the carboard drawings Sweetie Belle had drew.

"Oh, I was wondering why all the colors looked like mud."

"You're not using power tools are you"? Apple Bloom asked.

Just then, Applejack walked up to the two of them. She was carrying a basket

"Hey girls". She greeted.

"Hey Applejack". Apple Bloom greeted back. "What's that"? she asked gesturing to the basked that Applejack was carrying.

"Oh, it's actually why I'm here. Listen I know you're practincing for the talent show, but I was suppose to deliever these Apple Fritters to the Mayor's office, and I completly forgot about it, and now I have so much more work to do, Big Mac is also really busy, and Granny Smith, well you know. So I was wondering if". Apple Bloom stopped Applejack before she could finsish.

"Of course Oneechan. I can deliver it for you". Apple Bloom replied with a smile.

"Oh, thank you so much Apple Bloom". Applejack replied as she handed Apple Bloom the basket.

"I'll be right back Sweetie Belle, tell Scootaloo where I went". Apple Bloom told the unicorn filly.

"Yes Ma'am!" Sweetie Belle stated.

"Thank you"! Apple Bloom replied giving Sweetie Belle a huge smile.

"Hnnngh..... So..... Cute". Sweetie Belle strained.

Apple Bloom arrived at the Mayor's office 15 minutes later. The whole time, she had been thinking about the talent show. To say she was nervous about their performance would been an understantment, but she tried to not worry about any of that, after all things might not be that bad. When Apple Bloom walked up to the front desk, the mare sitting there greeted her.

"Hello, what can I do for you"? The mare asked.

"Hello, I'm here to see the Mayor". Apple Bloom replied.

"Of course. Mayor Mare you have a visitor". The mare said into a microphone. She then turned to Apple Bloom. "Please have a seat, and the Mayor will be right with you.

Apple Bloom smiled. "Thank you". She said as she sat down. As she waited Apple Bloom again began to think of the show, she wondered if She, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo had really chosen the right things to do. She started to sweat thinking about it, her heart began beating incredbley fast, and she started to have trouble breathing.

"Apple Bloom"! Apple Bloom was snapped back to reality when she heard the Mayor's voice calling her name. She looked up, and saw Mayor Mare smiling at her.

"Oh, good afternoon Ma'am". Apple Bloom greeted polietly.

"Hello to you too Apple Bloom, might I ask what brought you here today". Mayor Mare asked.

"Oh Applejack has a delievery of Apple Fritters for you, she would have brought them herself, but she had work to do around the farm. Apple Bloom stated.

"Why thank you Apple Bloom". Mayor Mare Replied.

"No problem". Apple Bloom smiled. She was just about to leave, when Mayor Mare stopped her. "Hey Apple Bloom hold on a second.

Apple Bloom turned around in confusion. "Yes"? She asked.

"You know, when I came out to see you, I noticed that you looked kind of nervous, and you were sweating. Is anything the matter"? Mayor Mare asked.

"Oh, no nothing's wrong, everything's fine". Apple Bloom stated.

"Are you sure"? Mayor Mare asked.

"Yeah, it's just that sometimes I get kind of stressed, and can't catch my breath, no big deal." Apple Bloom answered.

"Apple Bloom, that kind of sounds like, Panic Attack". Mayor Mare replied.

"Yeah, that's what Miss Cheerlie, and Nurse Redhart called it". Apple Bloom stated.

"And Nurse Redhart works at the hospital, so I assume your seeing a doctor right"? Mayor Mare asked.

"I'm not". Apple Bloom replied.

"Oh, well can I ask what caused it"? Mayor Mare asked.

"Well you see, our school is having it's annual talent show, and Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and I want to peform a song, but I don't think we have the write jobs. Sweetie Belle wants to be the designer, but I think she should be the singer, Scootaloo wants to be the singer, but I think she should be the dancer, and they both want me to be the dancer, but I don't know how to dance". Apple Bloom stated.

Mayor Mare nodded her head. "I see, well I think you should just focus on what's important". Mayor Mare stated.

"What's that"? Apple Bloom asked.

"Just have fun with your friends. Even if your perfomacne isn't all that good, just remeber that you're doing with your friends". Mayor Mare replied.

Apple Bloom thought about for a momment, and smiled at the Mayor.

"You're right, thank you". Apple Bloom said as she turned to leave, but before she did she turned back to Mayor Mare. "Oh Ms. Mayor could you please not tell my friends or family about my panic attack"? She asked.

Mayor Mare nodded, and Apple Bloom smiled and left.

Apple Bloom began to walk back to the clubhouse. She was feeling much better as she remebered Mayor Mare's Words.

"Just remeber that you're doing with your friends".

"That's right, I'm doing it with my friends". she thought to herself. As Apple Bloom was walking, she started to sing.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the fillies
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the stalions
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the mares
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

Woahwoahwoahooohaaaaaaiwooahoo

Imagine all the ponies
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

After she was done singing, she heard cheers behind her. Apple Bloom turned to see she had drawn a crowd. All of them were aplauding her.

"Wonderful". said a stalion.

"Simply Maginfcent". said another mare.

Apple Bloom blushed, and quickly made her way back to the clubhouse where Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were waiting.

"Hey Apple Bloom how'd the delivery go"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Oh, it went fine." Apple Bloom replied. "Ready to start practicing"? She asked.

Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo looked at each other before turning to Apple Bloom.

"Before we start Apple Bloom, there's something Sweetie Belle, and I have been discussing". Scootaloo stated.

"Oh, what about"? Asked a confused Apple Bloom.

"Listen Apple Bloom, we never told you this, but in all honesty while you may complement my singing voice very often". Sweetie Belle stated.

"It's beautiful". Apple Bloom replied.

"But it's nothing compared to your's"! Sweetie Belle exclaimed. That statment confused Apple Bloom greatly.

"Huh"? She asked.

Sweetie Belle just smiled in response, and put her hoof on Apple Bloom's shoulder.

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and I have both heard you sing multiple times. Behind the school on break, when you're working out here on the farm, and when you got lost in Manehatten. You have the voice of an angel". Sweetie Belle stated.

Apple Bloom blushed after hearing Belle say that. "Is that all you wanted to say"? She asked.

"Well, we've been thinking actually." Scootaloo stated.

"About what"? Apple Bloom asked.

"Well, I still want to be the main singer, but how about instead of you dancing, you insted provide background vocals". Scootlaoo suggested.

Apple Bloom thought for a moment.

"I'm just having fun with my friends". She then looked at Scootaloo, and nodded her head. "Alright". she replied.

"YAY"! Both Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo cheered as they hugged Apple Bloom, who smiled warmliy, and returned the hug.

"Now let's get practicing". Scootaloo stated.

A few days later Applejack was walking up to the clubhouse, she wanted to see how the crusaders we're doing with practicing.

"The talent show is just around the corner. I wonder how the fillies are doin'." She wondered to herself. Applejack then looked, and saw Reiner, and Bertholdt nearby.

"Howdy Mr. Braun, Mr. Hoover". Applejack greeted the two stalions causing them to turn around.

"Morning AJ". Reiner greeted.

"Where you headed"? Asked Bertholdt.

"Im just headin up to check on the CMCs, I'm sure you two are aware of the talent show, and that the plan on enterin right"? Applejack asked.

"We are". Reiner replied.

"Well I just wanna see how they're doin. You wanna come with"? Applejack asked.

"Sure" Reiner replied as he and Bertholdt followed Applejack to the clubhouse.

The three of them walked up to the window of the clubhouse, and saw the girls practicing some dance moves, but they weren't doing very well.

"Oh! Sorry, Scootaloo." Apple Bloom apologized as she bumped into Scootaloo.

"That's okay". Scootaloo assured, before being bumped into by Sweetie Belle.

"Sorry Scoots". Sweetie Belle apologized.

"It's fine Belle".

"Ouch"! Sweetie Belle yelped when Scootaloo knocked into her.

"Sorry Belle"! Scootaloo apologized.

Apple Bloom them looked over at the two. Are you sure we really need all these dance moves and stuff, I mean can't we just sing the song"? She asked.

"Of course we need them Apple Bloom, it will make are perfomance more awesome, but speaking of the song, why don't we practice the chorus". Scootaloo suggested.

Outside Applejack, Reiner, and Bertholdt all had worried glances on their faces after seeing the dance moves.

"Well, gosh. Sure wasn't expectin' that." Applejack stated.

"I know". Reiner replied, I sure hope they don't get ridculed."

"You and me both Reiner, You and me both". Applejack replied just as the fillies came out of the clubhouse.

"That actually wasn't that bad". Apple Bloom stated.

"Yeah I think we sounded really good. You think we're ready?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Ready as we'll ever be"! Scootaloo replied. Then then noticed Applejack, Reiner, and Bertholdt down bellow. "Hey did you see us practicing"? Scootaloo asked.

" Uh... yeah." Reiner replied.

"Well? How'd we do? How'd we do?" Apple Bloom asked eagerly.

"Uh..." Applejack tried to say something, but she couldn't. But that didn't matter to Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle.

"Speechless! See, girls? I told you that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna leave them speechless." Scootaloo said with full confidance.

"Yay"! the girls cheered as Applejack turned to Reiner, and Bertholdt.

"Speechless is rght". She whispered to them, unaware that Apple Bloom had heard them. The little filly knew that they weren't that good, but Applejack, Reiner, and Bertholdt clearly didn't want to say so. That however didn't matter to Apple Bloom as she remembered Mayor Mare's words to just have fun.

Soon, the day of the talent show had arrived, everypony in town had arrived to see the students perform. So far several different performances had already happened, and now they were watching Snips, and Snails perform a magic trick.

"And, on the count of three, this rabbit will disappear, and something tasty will reappear in its place." Snips said as he put a hat over the rabbit. "A one, a two, and a three!" He counted, but when he removed the hat the rabbit did in fact disappear, but their were no tasty treats in it's place. "Hey! Where are they? Snails, where are the... " Snips looked over at his friends, only to see him eating the carrots that we're suppose to be under the hat. The crowd all laughed, while Snips angrily chased Snails off the stage. Cheerlie then came out onto the stage to welcome the next act.

"Uh, how about a round of applause for the S&S magic act? Now for our next act, we have Sunny Daze and Peachy Pie reciting their favorite poem... on roller skates!"

Backstage the CMCs were waiting for their turn, all wearing cloaks over their costumes. They watched as Sunny, and Peachy skated onto the state.

"Break a Leg"! Sweetie Belle called out to them shocking Apple Bloom.

"Sweetie Belle! What a thing to say!" Apple Bloom scolded.

"No, no, no. You see, in the theater it's considered bad luck to say "good luck". So you say "break a leg" instead." Sweetie Belle explained.

"Oh". Apple Bloom muttered embarrased. Just then Twilight, Reiner, and Bertholdt came up to the CMCs.

"My little ponies! How are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"Nervous..." The crusaders replied.

"Don't worry. You're gonna be amazing. Remember, just stick to what you know best. We can't wait to hear you sing, Sweetie Belle." Reiner told them

"Why does everypony always think I'm gonna sing?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Actually, you three, I'm the main singer tonight.

"Oh"? Reiner asked in confusion.

"Yup, though Apple Bloom here is providing background vocals". Scootaloo replied pointing to Apple Bloom who blushed.

"Really"? Twilight asked.

"And I'm in charge of..." Sweetie Belle began.

"Coustumes"? Bertholdt asked intterupting her.

"And sets and props. How'd you know?" Sweetie Belle said.

"Really, girls? Are you sure...?" Twilight asked. Apple Bloom was about to voice her uncertaintiy to everything when Cheerlie called them out to the stage.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders, you're on next. Break a leg."

The CMCs ran out onto the stage.

"Break a le" Twilight tried to say, but then Apple Bloom tripped.

"Uh, good luck". Twilight corrected.

Onstage, the lights were out, the entire stage was shroded in darkness as the crowd waited in anticpation for what was about to happen. All of a sudden the audiance was enamored with the sound of a beautiful yet haunting vocalization.

It was Apple Bloom

Ahhhhh Ah Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh
Ahhhhh Ah Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhh Ahhhhhh
Ahhhhhh Ah Ahhhhhh Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhh

As Apple Bloom kept harmonzing, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle then Appeared, and Scootaloo started to sing the main parts of the song.

Look, here, are three little ponies,
Ready to sing for this crowd,
Listen up, 'cause here's our story
I'm gonna sing it Very loud

Thanks to Apple Bloom's vocals in the back, it was hard to notice that Scootaloo wasn't singing very good, so she continued.

When you're a younger pony
And your flank is very bare
Feels like the sun will never come
When your cutie mark's not there

So the three of us will fight the fight
There is nothing that we fear
We'll have to figure out what we'll do next.

Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom then joined in with the main song.

Til our cutie marks are here!

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks

[Scootaloo]

They all say that you'll get your mark
When the time is really right
And you know just what you're supposed to do
And your talent comes to light

But it's not as easy as it sounds
And that waiting's hard to do
So we test our talents everywhere

[Crusaders]

Until our face is blue

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks!

[Apple Bloom with angelic singing voice]

We won't stop till our quest is done.
Never giving up we will previall
I won't let anyone bring me down.
With my friends I can succeed.
Wah La la la, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ah Ah Ah Ah, Na Na Na Na.
Ist das der Zerstörer oder der Schöpfer?
Mit der Glut des Hasses schwenken wir die Schwerter
Ist das unser Schicksal oder unser Wille?
Wir werden kämpfen, bis dieser heiße Wind unsere Flügel nimmt

After the song was over the crowd just stood in place for a while, then they all started to cheer, and stamp their hooves. The Crusaders all smiled, and ran backstage.

Later the awards were being given out.

"Let's hear it for all our talented fillies and colts." Cheerlie stated.

The crowd all cheered for the children.

"Our first award goes to... Snips and Snails for best magic act." Cheerlie said as she gave the two colts medles, only for them to start arguing.

"Hey! Mine's at least shinier." Snips said.

"Well, mine's bigger." Snails replied.

"Oh yeah, well... well, mine is, um... heavier?" Snails countered as the two of them ran off the stage.

"The next award goes to... Sunny Daze and Peachy Pie for best dramatic performance." Cheerlie announced.

The two fillies gasped in delight as they collected their medels.

"The next award of the night goes to... the Cutie Mark Crusaders! For best song"! Cheerlie announced.

The CMCs all smiled with happiness as Cheerlie gave them their medles

"And there's one more award to give out". Cheerlie said while looking at Apple Bloom, who in turn looked back at Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo in confusion, but all they did was smile as Cheerlie continued.

And finally, the last award goes to... Apple Bloom!" Cheerlie announced.

"What"? Apple Bloom exclaimed as Spike walked up to her, and gave her a bouquet of roses, then Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo ran up to Apple Bloom, and hugged her smiling. Apple Bloom, not knowing how to compraheand this just smiled back.

The three of them went backstage very happy

"Can you believe it? We won!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"It was really thanks to you Apple Bloom, your voice is what really helped us out". Scootaloo replied.

"You defenilty deserved those flowes Apple Bloom". Sweetie Belle stated making Apple Bloom blush.

"I don't know about". Apple Bloom tried to say only for Scootaloo to intterupt her.

"Hey don't say you don't desereve this, because you do". Scootaloo said. Apple Bloom jsut smiled at her friends.

Sweetie Belle then sighed.

"You know what would be the best? If we won and we got our cutie marks."

They all groanded as Twilight, Reiner, and Bertholdt walked up to them.

"Hey girls, why the long faces"? Reiner asked.

"Yeah, you guys won, that should be something to smile about Twilight replied.

"We worked really hard and won a prize, but we still don't have our cutie marks." Scootaloo explained.

"And that's what we really wanted". Sweetie Belle replied.

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourselves, remember to just keep trying". Bertholdt stated.

Apple Bloom looked up at the three of them.

"You're right, and we have to do something we enjoy, and I think that's".

"Comendy"! Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo both exclaimed as they were now wearing clown hair and noses before running back onto stage to meet with Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

"What"? Apple Bloom exclaimed in confusion, but Twilight, Reiner, and Bertholdt just smiled at her.

"Don't worry, they'll understand someday".

Apple Bloom smiled, and went onto the stage.

Later that night, Apple Bloom fell asleep with the roses in a vase next to her bed.

Preview

When Rarity recives a special order, she and Spike go in search for some new gems. However, when a group of creatures called diamond dogs abduct Rarity, Spike and the others must venture into the dogs underground lair in order to rescue her.

Next Episode.
A Dog and Pony Show

Author's Note:

Characters in order of appearance

  1. Applejack
  2. Apple Bloom
  3. Scootaloo
  4. Sweetie Belle
  5. Shoeshine
  6. Cherry Berry
  7. Daisy
  8. Twinkleshine
  9. Berry Punch
  10. Derpy Hooves
  11. Minnuette
  12. Golden Harvest
  13. Granny Smith
  14. Reiner Braun
  15. Bertholdt Hoover
  16. Bright Macintosh (Flashback)
  17. Pear Butter (Flashback)
  18. Historia Reiss (Vision)
  19. Frou Frou
  20. Spike
  21. Twilight Sparkle
  22. Samatha Cheerlie
  23. Rarity
  24. Mr. Breezy
  25. Mayor Mare
  26. Snips
  27. Snails
  28. Lyra Heartstrings
  29. Amethyst Star
  30. Doctor Hooves
  31. Sweetie Drops
  32. Sunny Daze
  33. Peachy Pie
  34. Diamond Tiara
  35. Silverspoon
  36. Twist
  37. Rainbow Dash
PreviousChapters Next