• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 3,262 Views, 113 Comments

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic With Reiner and Bertholdt Season 1 - TheUnknownPhantom5



Reiner Braun . The Armored Titan, and Bertholdt Hoover. The Colossal Titan end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 113
 3,262

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 24: Stare Master: Gala arc Part 17

Inside Carosuel Botique, Sweetie Belle watched as Rarity franticly searched for an item she needed for a project she was working on.

"Ohh, and I can't forget I've got to... oh, how am I ever gonna get this done?" Rarity panicked as Sweetie Belle watched on.

"Are you sure I can't help? I could". Sweetie Belle began to offer, only for Rarity to shoot her down.

"No!" Rarity scolded firmly.

"Maybe just a". Sweetie Belle tried to say again.

"No thanks"! Rarity stated again.

Again Sweetie Belle tried to offer her help.

"How About"?

"Just stand over there"! Rarity demanned.

"But—" Sweetie Belle started

"Where you'll be out of the way"! Rarity shouted as she went back to looking for what she needed.

"Ribbon, ribbon! Where's the ribbon?!" Rarity wondered franticly.

"I got it"! Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she found where the ribbion was. However when she tried to reach for it Sweetie Belle ending up knocking over the the display it was on creating a big mess. Sweetie Belle looked up at Rarity and chuckled nervously.

"Um, I-I'll just go and stand over there, where I'll be... out of the way." Sweetie Belle stated as she moved into the corner while Rarity sighed.

Rarity spent the next several minutes sorting out the mess while Sweetie Belle once again offered her help.

"Won't you at least let me help you clean up?" She asked.

"No, you've helped quite enough already". Rarity insisted.

"I'm sorry, sis! I just thought that if I could help, I might find my special gift and finally earn my cutie mark." Sweetie Belle apologized.

Rarity sighed.

"I understand. It's just that... I need this time to fill this order without any... complications. Okay, all done. Now, back to work. I've lost a lot of time, and I cannot have any more interruptions".

All of a sudden the doorbell rang.

"Oh what now"?! Rarity groaned as Fluttershy walked in, but soon began to step out after hearing Rarity complain

"Oh, sorry. I thought the "open" sign meant you were open, but I must have been mistaken." Fluttershy said innocentlly. Seeing that it was Fluttershy, Rarity's mood instantily changed.

"Fluttershy! Forgive me! I was so wrapped up in my work that I forgot you were bringing Opalescence back from her grooming"!

Fluttershy Smiled.

"No worries, Rarity. I've left her there in the basket." Fluttershy assured as the cat came out of the basket.

"Oh, she looks great! I just don't understand how you're able to do it! I can't get near her without getting a swipe from her claws." Rarity stated as she tried to get a closer look only for Opal to his at her. Rarity jumped back.

"Ahh! Did you use... the Stare on her?" Rarity asked.

Fluttershy gasped in shock that Rarity would ask her such a question.

"Oh, no! I wouldn't! I couldn't! I-I don't really have any control over when that happens. I-It just happens. No, I'm just good with animals. It's my special gift, you know?" Fluttershy stated.

"Well, you should have a picture of Opal as a cutie mark instead of those butterflies." Rarity laughed.

The conversation between Fluttershy, and Rarity gave Sweeite Belle an idea.

"Ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh! Maybe I can be good with animals, too!" She suggested. Only for Opal to shice off a peace of her hair.

"Or not." Sweetie Belle chuckled nervously as she backed away.

Fluttershy and Rarity both laughed.

"I'm sorry I can't invite you to stay and chat, Fluttershy. I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew with this order." Rarity apologized. This statment confused Sweetie Belle.

"But you're not eating anything."

"No, Sweetie, it's an expression. It means that I've taken on more work than I can handle. I've got twenty of these special robes to make tonight! They're due in Trottingham tomorrow morning." Rarity explained as she showed Fluttershy what she was working on.

"See? I've lined them in a special gold silk. It took so long to make, but I think it adds just the right touch, don't you?" Rarity asked.

"These are lovely, but twenty by tonight? How will you get it all done?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, I, uh..." Rarity actually hadn't thought about what she was going to do in order to complete this project.

"Oh, oh, oh! Maybe I could..." Sweetie Belle began, only for Rarity to glare at her. "just... just stand over here and watch." Sweetie Belle chuckled as she trotted over to the corner.

"I'll mange". Rarity stated. Just then Scootaloo walked in.

"Hi, Fluttershy! Hi, Rarity!" She greeted.

"Oh! Hello, uh Scootaloo". Rarity greeted as Scootaloo went over to Sweetie Belle.

"Hey Sweetie"! Scootaloo greeted

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed excitedly.

"Um, is Apple Bloom with you Scootaloo"? Rarity asked.

"Yeah, she's on her way up now, but she had to take care of something first."

"What exactly"? Fluttershy asked.

"That, I actually don't know. All she said was "Head over to Rarity's I'll catch up with you in a bit". When I asked why she just said she needed to take care of something". Scootaloo replied.

Then Apple Bloom walked in.

"Hi Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo". She greeted her new friends. "Good evening Ms. Rarity, Ms. Fluttershy." Apple Bloom greeted the two older ponies.

"Where did you go"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Oh, Mr. Davenport had a small accident in his shop, nothing mager just dropped a few items and I helped him clean up". Apple Bloom explained.

"Oh. Well anyways are you two ready for tonight"?! Scootaloo asked.

"Yup! Cutie mark planning session is a go!" Sweetie Belle replied.

"Tonight is the night we each try to find our own special talent." Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Even if it takes us all night"! Scootaloo proclaimed.

"I'm ready, are you ready"? Apple Bloom asked Scootaloo.

"Very ready"! Scootaloo replied.

"Cutie Mark Crusader sleepover at Rarity's! Yay!" The CMCs all cheered.

"And... look what I made us!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she pulled out three red capes with blue patches on them.

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Fluttershy were all amazed by Sweetie Belle's work.

"Wow! That's so amazing". Apple Bloom complemented.

"They're lovely. What does that patch mean"? Fluttershy asked.

"The cutie mark crusaders! Yay!" The filles all cheered.

"We're on a crusade, a mission!" Scootaloo replied.

"To discover our special talents". Apple Bloom replied.

"Yup. And look. I lined them with this special gold silk. It took sooo long to make, but I think it adds just the right touch, don't you?" Sweetie Belle asked as she showed them the golden inteior of the capes.

"Oooooh!" Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Fluttershy all said in amazment. However their amazment was interuptted by Rarity shouting in horror.

"Sweetie Belle! What have you done? That was the last of the gold silk! Oh, now I'll have to make more! Oh, I hope I can make more. I'm gonna have to work all night! Which means... Sorry, girls, I'm afraid the Crusaders sleepover is cancelled." Rarity stated with remorse.

"What"?! Sweetie Belle exclaimed in shock.

"I just won't have any time to watch you if I want to get these robes delivered on time." Rarity explained.

"But"! Sweetie Belle began only for Rarity to stop her.

"No buts! I'm sorry Belle, but this is just how things have to be". Rarity apologized.

"Awwww". The crusaders said sadly.

Seeing the dissapointment in their eyes Fluttershy knew she had to do something.

"I, uh, I suppose I could take them for the night." She offered.

"I couldn't ask you to do that." Rarity quickly declined.

Fluttershy however was insisted that she do it.

"It's really no trouble at all". She pointed out.

Rarity looked up at Fluttershy.

"It wouldn't be a problem with Apple Bloom that's for sure, but have you met Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo? A problem is all it would be". Rarity stated.

"HEY"! Both Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo said offensivley while Apple Bloom tried to stiffle back a giggle.

Fluttershy stared directly at Rarity with a serious look on her face.

"Did I have trouble with Opal?" She asked.

"Well.... No". Rarity replied.

"Exactly, and you've seen how I do with small animals, I'm sure three filles would be no different".

Rarity thought for a moment.

"Fluttershy does have a point, and I do have alot to do, plus the Crusaders were looking forward to this for a while, and Fluttershy did just make things a bit eaiser for me".

After a few miniutes of thinking it over Rarity looked up at Fluttershy

"Are you sure you can handle this"? She asked.

"Come on, it'll be fun". Fluttershy insisted.

"I assure you they're qutie a handful". Rarity stated

"These little angles"? Fluttershy asked as the filles all smiled.

"That might be true with Apple Bloom". Rarity mumbeld under her breath.

"What was that"? Asked Fluttershy

"Nothing"! Rarity quickly stated. She then looked between Fluttershy, and the Crusaders. Finally, she sighed.

"Well... all right." Rarity finally relented.

The Crusaders all lit up at that.

"Cutie Mark Crusader sleepover at Fluttershy's cottage! Yay!" They cheered as they ran out the door.

"So Cute." Fluttershy cooed before realiezing they were already out the door. "W-wait for me!" She called after them.

"Hmmmm, I wonder if Fluttershy can handle this, well hopefully Apple Bloom can help keep Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo in check". Rarity said to herself before going to continue her work.

As the crusaders ran ahead Fluttershy followed behind them, eagerly going on about the fun they were going to have.

"Oh, won't this be ever so fun? We can have a nice little tea party, and braid each others' tails, and sit quietly and color, and tell each other fairy tales, and—"

Fluttershy stopped when she saw that Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were still running on ahead. Apple Bloom however had stopped and trotted back over to Fluttershy.

"Sorry Ms. Fluttershy, were you saying something"? Apple Bloom asked.

"Oh. No". Fluttershy replied. Apple Bloom looked up at her, but didn't press on any further. The two of them walked side be side in silence for a bit before Fluttershy spoke up.

"So Apple Bloom, are you exicted for tonight"? She asked.

Apple Bloom nodded her head.

"You betcha I am for the first time in my life I feel like I have actual friends". Apple Bloom stated happily.

Hearing that made Fluttershy's heart break as she recalled how Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon would bully Apple Bloom, and how she would mostly be alone at school. Still though, Fluttershy had to wonder about Twist, and so she asked.

"But, what about Twist, weren't you friends with her"?

Apple Bloom looked up at Fluttershy.

"Twist is more of an in school friend instead of an out of school friend, and plus, we've kinda been drifting apart since she got her cutie mark." Apple Bloom replied.

Fluttershy looked down. She was about to say something when both she and Apple Bloom heard a crash, and giggling. The two of them looked to see that Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo ran past a very dizzy looking Reiner Braun. He was then joined by Twilight Sparkle, and Bertholdt Hoover just as he composed himself. The three of them smiled at the two giggling filles just as Fluttershy, and Apple Bloom

"Hello Fluttershy, Apple Bloom". Twilight greeted them.

"Hello Twilight, Mr. Braun, and Mr. Hoover". Apple Bloom greeted politely as she and Fluttershy walked up to them.

Fluttershy noticed they seemed to be heading somewhere.

"Where are three going"? she asked.

"We're going heading to the Everfree Forest to Zecora's place". Reiner stated.

Twilight nodded. "Yeah, I'm getting some of my favorite type of tea, and Reiner, and Bertholdt agreed to come with me".

As the older ponies talked, Apple Bloom went over to Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

Back with the others Fluttershy shuddered at the thought of what they had said.

"Th-The Everfree Forest? Ah, you'll be careful, won't you?"

"Of course"! Bertholdt replied, but now he had a question of his own. "How about you? What are you doing with the girls"? He asked.

"Rarity has a big order to fill tonight, so I volunteered to take the girls over to my cottage for a sleepover." Fluttershy replied.

"Wow. Sounds like everypony has their hooves full today." Twilight stated.

"I'll say". Reiner responded as he looked over at the CMCs. "Taking care of those three fillies all by yourself? You sure you can handle it?" He asked.

"What? These sweet little angels? They'll be no problem at all." As Apple Bloom, Sweete Belle, and Scootaloo came back over, and smiled.

Currently Publicly Available Imformation Cockatrices. Dangerous cretures from the Everfree Forest. They are part Chicken, part snake, and have the abilty to turn any creature into stone by staring at them.

After about twenty minutes of walking, Fluttershy, and the Crusaders finally arrived at Fluttershy's cottage.

Once inside, the CMCs were amazed

"Woah, you take care of all these critters"? Apple Bloom asked in amazement.

Fluttershy smiled, and nodded.

"Most of them were injuried so badly that they couldn't go back out into the wild". She explained.

Apple Bloom was about to ask another question when she heard Sweetie Belle exclaim

"Wow! Look at this place! What's that? Are those chickens?"

Apple Bloom went over to where Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were, and soon all three of them were talking over each other.

Fluttershy thought back to what both Rarity, and Reiner had said.

"No problem at all". She mummbled to herself before trying to get the CMCs attention.

"Okay, girls, uh, what should we do?" She asked. However Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo weren't listening as they were too busy arguing.

"I'm going to get my cutie mark first"! Scootaloo stated.

"Nuh-uh!" Sweetie Belle retorted.

"Girls"? Fluttershy tried to call again.

"Yes way"! Scootaloo argued.

"No way"! Sweetie Belle yelled back.

"Should we—" Fluttersy tried again, but Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo kept on arguing.

"Please settle down". Fluttershy begged. It seemed the fight was beginning to get out of hand, when all of a sudden.

"Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo"!

The two filles turned to Apple Bloom who was glaring at them.

"There's no need to be arguing, we are ment to be guess here". She told them sternley.

Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo both looked down in shame. "Okay". They both mummbled.

Apple Bloom smiled, and turned back to Fluttershy.

"Thank you for doing this for us Ms. Fluttershy, I'm sorry if we're being a bit overwhelming". She apologized.

Fluttershy smiled. "Oh, no problem at all Apple Bloom, and don't worry, like I said. I got this". Fluttershy replied.

All of a sudden Scootaloo shouted.

"Im staying up all night"!

That got Sweetie Belle, and even Apple Bloom who was normaly the calm one collective one of the three exicted.

"Me too"! Sweetie Belle exclaimed

"Ooh! I wanna stay up all night too"! Apple Bloom exclaimed happily as she stood next to Fluttershy, who was trying to calm the girls down.

"I-I know you're excited, but—" Fluttershy noticed that the Crusaders excitment were causing things to be knocked around.

"Oh, oh, careful with the— oh, ah, girls—"

Fluttershy, realizing she needed to speak louder took a deep breath.

"So! What do you wanna do? Play a game?" She asked them.

"We are the cutie mark crusaders"! Scootaloo stated.

"And we want to crusade for our cutie marks!" Sweetie Belle replied.

"And, and, and, we, um— yeah! What they said!" Apple Bloom repeated.

"Mmm, I don't know... how about a nice quiet little tea party"? Fluttershy suggested.

"Or... we could go adventuring in the Everfree Forest!" Scootaloo counterd.

That got both Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom excited.

"Yeah"! They both exclaimed. However Fluttershy was quick to turn them down.

"Oh, no! The Everfree Forest is much too dangerous. It's filled with far too many strange creatures." She explained.

Apple Bloom looked up at Fluttershy and sighed hevaily.

"I guess you're right about that". She replied.

"But you could go with us and we could catch those creatures. We could be, umm... creature catchers!" Sweetie Belle stated.

"Yeah". Scootaloo replied.

"Yay! Cutie Mark Crusader creature catchers!" The CMCs all cheered.

Scootaloo then went over, and grabbed some blankets. She gave one to Apple Bloom, and the two of the pretened to be a scary monster from the Everfree Forest.

"Arrrr! I am a dangerous creature from the Everfree Forest! Rrrarr!" Scootaloo roared.

Sweetie Belle smiled and got into a fighting stance.

"Halt, dangerous creature of the Everfree Forest. I am Sweetie Belle, the creature catcher, and I'm here to catch you!" She proclaimed.

"You can never catch me! I am far too powerful and dangerous!" Scootaloo announced.

"You cannot outrun me". Exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

The three fillies started to chase each other around the cottage, laughing and giggling, while Fluttershy was trying to calm them down.

"Um, oh, maybe that's not such a— now, girls, how about we do some nice coloring? Doh—".

The girls however were having too much fun to hear Fluttershy.

"Come back, dangerous creature, so I can catch you"! Sweetie Belle called after Scootaloo.

"Never"! Scootaloo refused! All while Apple Bloom was just laughing and giggling. For once she actually felt like she was having fun.

The three fillies continued to chase each other while Fluttershy tried to get them to slow down.

"Careful... you don't..." Fluttershy tried to call out, but it was too late. The girls crashed into a table causing it to shatter.

Apple Bloom gasped in horror when she saw the damage.

"Sorry". She apologized.

"Yeah sorry". Scootaloo also aplogized.

"I guess we aren't creature catchers." Sweetie Belle muttered sadly

Fluttershy gave the girls a soft smile.

"Oh, girls, it's okay. I—" She began only to be interuppted by Apple Bloom.

"I know! We could be Cutie Mark Crusader carpenters!" The little farm filly exclaimed

"C-carpenters"? Fluttershy asked nervously as the crusaders began working on fixing the table they broke.

"Hammer'! Apple Bloom demanded.

"Hammer." Scootaloo said handing Apple Bloom a hammer.

"Hammer". Sweetie Belle repeated.

"Hammer. Hammer! ...Hammer." Scootaloo said three more times. The girls began to work on the table, however once they were done the results were less then pleasing.

"Um ... that doesn't look like a table." Sweetie Belle said unimpressed.

"We were building a table"? Scootaloo asked.

"Yes"! Sweetie Belle replied in a somewhat annoyed matter.

Apple Bloom just looked down, feeling extremley guilty that they had already broken something of Fluttershy's after only being in her cottage for not even five minutes.

"Sorry". Apple Bloom said sadly.

Fluttershy gave Apple Bloom a small smile.

"Oh Apple Bloom don't worry about it". Fluttershy said reassuringly. Besides I have another game we could all play together". Fluttershy then suggested.

This peaked the curiosty of the three fillies.

"What's the game called"? asked Apple Bloom.

"It's called "Shhh!" Fluttershy said.

"What's that"? Questioned Scootaloo.

"Well, it's a game about who can be quiet the longest. Sound fun? I'm the world champ, you know. I bet you can't beat me!" Fluttershy teased. She then stopped talking, and encourged the crusaders to join in. However the three of them found the game to be quite boring.

"I lose"! Scootaloo shouted.

"Me too"! exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom hesitated for a bit, but ulitmately decieded to go with Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

"Sorry Fluttershy". she said.

Fluttershy just sighed, and smiled.

"Okay, now what can we do?" Apple Bloom asked.

Scootaloo thought for a bit, and then an idea flew into her brain.

"How about Cutie Mark Crusader coal miners?" She suggested.

"Oooh yeah!" Sweetie Belle agreed.

"Um, is that safe"? Apple Bloom asked.

"No!" Fluttershy exclaimed. causing the three fillies to look back at her.

"Awwww!" The CMC complained.

Fluttershy sighed.

"I mean, it's time for bed, don't you think? Aren't you excited to get all toasty and warm in your snuggly-wuggly widdle beds?"

The fillies gave Fluttershy a strange look.

"Um Fluttershy, You know we're the three of us are twelve years old right"? Asked Apple Bloom.

Fluttershy blushed in embarrsasment, and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Heh, sorry".

Soon the crusaders were all tucked into the bed Fluttershy had set for them upstairs. As they were getting ready Apple Bloom pulled something out of her bag.

"What's that"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Oh this? This is wolfy, my stuffed wolf I had since I was a baby". Apple Bloom stated as she showed them the plush.

"You still sleep with it"? Asked Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom nodded.

"Well, yeah, but's it's only in certain situations. Like this one, I mean we aren't in are own beds in our own homes".

"I guess your right about that". Scootaloo admitted.

Fluttershy couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, how about I sing you three a lullaby so you can get tired". she suggested.

"I guess that wouldn't hurt". Apple Bloom replied.

Fluttershy smiled and cleared her throat. She then started singing a soft ballad.

"Hush now, quiet now
It's time to lay your sleepy head
Hush now, quiet now
It's time to go to bed"

As Fluttershy sang, both Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom began to drift off. Sweetie Belle however perked up when she heard Fluttershy singing.

"I know this one". The Little Unicorn filly stated excitedly.

Fluttershy smiled.

"Great why don't you sing with me". she suggested.

Realizing that Sweetie Belle was going to sing Scootaloo covered her ears. This confused Apple Bloom, but Scootaloo beckoned for her to do the same. Unsure of what was about to happen Apple Bloom did what Scootaloo suggested. The little earth filly soon realized why Scootaloo had covered her ears, because instead of singing the soft ballad Fluttershy was singing Sweetie Belle instead started to sing a loud heavy metal rock verison of the song.

"Hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to lay your sleepy head!
Said hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to go to bed!"

Fluttershy who was now also covering her ears tried to get Sweetie Belle to calm down.

"Okay Sweetie, that was..." But her words fell on deaf ears as Sweetie Belle kept singing.

"Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!
Exciting day behind you!
Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!
Let the joy of dream land find you!"

Thank you Belle, um... Fluttershy again tried to get Sweetie Belle to stop.

"Hush now! Quiet now!
Lay your sleepy head!
Said hush now! Quiet now!
It's time to go to bed!"

Sweetie Belle finally stopped when she fell off the bed.

"Ow"! She yelped.

The noise had frighted Fluttershy's chickens, who were now all running around like their heads had been chopped off.

"What's that"? asked Scootaloo.

Fluttershy had just finshied placing everything back, and turned around only to see the Crusaders gone.

"Girls"! She gasped, and ran to the window to see them watching the chickens.

"Fluttershy, your chickens are on the loose"! Apple Bloom announced.

"I wonder what caused that"? Asked Sweetie Belle, which caused Apple Bloom to glare at her.

"Oh, heh heh. Right". Sweetie Belle chuckled nerously.

Don't worry, we'll catch em"! Scootaloo stated.

"Cutie Mark Crusader chicken herders! Yay!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as the crusaders ran off the gather the chickens.

"No, I don't think that's a— ah, come back! Please!" Fluttershy tried to protest, but the CMCs weren't listening, they were too busy giggling, and chasing the chickens, which only frightend the birds even more. Fluttershy quickly flew into the pen and attempted to defuse the situation.

"Come on, girls, the chickens are fine— oh, girls, um..." Fluttershy tried to get their attention, but to no avail as one chicken landed on her head.

"Girls"! Fluttershy exlcaimed. Finally loosing her patinces.

The crusaders and chickens all stopped in their tracks.

Fluttershy then procceded to move the chickens, back to their pen.

"Come on, in you go." She ordered them. However the chickens didn't want to go in, so Fluttershy used the stare on them. That got the chickens to go inside.

"There's some good chickens". Fluttershy giggled. She tehn turned to the CMCs, and walked up to them.

Apple Bloom, feeling ashamed of the trouble she and the girls had caused looked up at Fluttershy.

"I'm real sorry Fluttershy, I don't know what came over me. I guess I just got real exicted to earn my cutie mark.

"We all did". Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah, sorry Fluttershy". Scootaloo apologized.

Fluttershy smiled at the three. "It's okay girls. Now why don't you head back to bed".

"But"! The crusaders began to protest.

"Please"? Fluttershy sweetly asked. The children sighed and reluceantly went back to bed.

Once again they were tucked in.

"So, no more crusading for tonight, all right?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes Fluttershy". Replied Scootaloo.

"We promise". Said Sweetie Belle.

"Goodnight Fluttershy". Apple Bloom yawned. With that, Fluttershy left the bedroom. However once she was gone Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle both opened their eyes. Apple Bloom however was actually asleep, so Sweetie Belle had to shake her awake.

"Apple Bloom, wake up". Sweetie Belle nudged.

"Huh, what"? Apple Bloom asked groggaly.

"Come on let's see what kind of crusading we can do next". Sweetie Belle said. Apple Bloom looked at her in confusion.

"But Fluttershy said we need to go to bed".

"Come on Apple Bloom, don't you remember how hard you've been working to get your cutie mark"? Scootaloo asked.

Apple Bloom pondered Scootaloo's question.

You'll always be a. BLANK FLANK!" She remembered Diamaond Tiara, and Silverspoon telling her.

"I guess you got a point, but". Apple Bloom began, only for Scootaloo to interupt her.

"Good! Now lets figure out what our next move should be".

Apple Bloom got up, and walked over to the window. She peeared out, and stared at the chicken coup.

"Somethings off, didn't Fluttershy shut the pen when before she came back inside with us". She ponderd. All of a sudden reality hit Apple Bloom like a ton of bricks.

"Hey, girls! Look! Some of the chickens may have escaped"! Apple Bloom told Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo who came over to the window.

"And they must have gone into the forest". Sweetie Belle said

"I'll go tell Fluttershy, and then she can head back to Sweet Apple Acres to get help from Applejack, and Big Mac"! Apple Bloom suggested, as she rushed to head downstairs, only for Scootaloo to block her path.

"No, don't you see Apple Bloom this is our chance".

"What do you mean"? Apple Bloom asked.

"If we can go rescue the chickens ourselves were bond to get our cutie marks". Scootaloo explained.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders chicken rescuers yay"! Sweetie Belle cheered.

Apple Bloom was pretty heisatant to go however.

"I don't know, I". Apple Bloom stopped mid-sentence when she saw Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo already sneaking out the window. "Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo what are you doing". She asked.

"Come on Apple Bloom, that chicken isn't going to find itself"! Scootaloo told her.

"But Fluttershy said"! Apple Bloom began only to see Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo heading into the forest. "Oh why do I even bother". Apple Bloom said to herself as she climbed out the window, and followed after her friends.

"Wait for me"! She called out to them.

Meanwhile back in the cottage, Fluttershy was resting on the couch, feeling quite satisfied with herself.

"It really wasn't that hard ... I mean, all I needed to do was just show them who's in charge. Nothing's gonna get past Fluttershy! Good with animals, good with kids."

Some minutes passed, and Fluttershy had dozed off on the couch.

"Mmm, peace and quiet." she murrmed to herself as she continued to sleep. That was until she realized something. "Too quiet." Fluttershy gasped. Without wasting a second, Fluttershy flew up to the room where she left the CMCs only find it empty. In a panic Fluttershy Flew out the window. "Girls?! Girls"?! She called.

Fluttershy then walked over to her chicken coup.

"Elizabeak! She's missing"! Fluttershy realized. "Girls"?! She called again. It was then she noticed both chicken footprints, and hoofprints heading into the direction of the forest.

"Oh, no! They must have gone looking for my missing chicken! Which means... they must have gone into... The Everfree Forest". Fluttershy shuttered.

Fluttershy felt a wave of emotions float through her body. Anger, Worry, Fear, and Regret.

"Those girls have really done it this time! They've really bitten off more than they can chew! Oh, just like me! I never should have offered to watch them". She said to herself. She remebered her father, and mother telling her to be careful, and to not end up like her brother, but now she felt like that's what was happening. But Fluttershy soon forgot about the memories of the past and realized that she had to go after them, and so she ventured out into the forest.

Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom were all in the forest searching for the lost chicken. Apple Bloom however was still saying that they should turn back.

"Come on you two I really think we shouldn't be out hear".

However, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were too busy arguing to listen to her, for Sweetie Belle had been trying to call for the chicken.

"Here, chick-chick-chick-chick-chick! Brawck, bawk-bawk-bawk, brawck!" Sweetie Belle called.

"What are you doing"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Calling for the chicken". Sweetie Belle replied.

"That's not how you call a chicken". Scootaloo stated.

"Oh and I suppose you know how too"? Sweetie Belle asked.

"I know that isn't the way". Scootaloo retorted.

"Then show me"! Sweetie Belle demanded.

"I don't have too"! Scootaloo retorted.

"You're just chicken". Sweetie Belle replied.

"Am Not!" Yelled Scootaloo.

Then Sweetie Belle decieded to mock Scootaloo.

"Oh, wait, now I know how to call a chicken! Scootaloo! Scoot-scootalooooo!" She started up.

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh". Scootaloo said sarcasticly

"You also forgot how to call a damn chicken"! Sweetie Belle mocked.

"Why you". Scootaloo began, looking about ready to pounce on Sweetie Belle until Apple Bloom spoke up from behind.

"Come on, guys, we're not gonna find the chicken or our cutie marks by arguin".

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo just looked at each other.

"Maybe that's are special talent, aruging". Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Is not"! Scootaloo stated.

"Is too"! Sweetie Belle retorted.

The two of them went back and force, as Apple Bloom just sighed. She decieded to take a quick scan of the area to see if she could spot the chicken, or anything in this forest.

We really should keep an eye out, anything could be in this place waiting to pounce on us". She said in her head as she continued to Scan the trees. Then she spotted something. Apple Bloom squinted her eyes to make out what it was.

"Hello"? She called out. After squinted harder her eyes manged to adjust to her surrondings, and she saw something that made her gasp. It was the pegagus filly she saw in her dream. Apple Bloom rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't seeing things, and when she looked again she saw the little girl was still there. However just as she was about to go over to ask who she was, the filly galloped off into the forest, and Apple Bloom knew better then to not chase after her.

"Could that dream have meant more then I actually thought it did"? She thought to herself.

"Hey Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo". Apple Bloom was about to ask her friends if they had seen the filly as well, but when she looked she noticed that they had already gone ahead and left her behind.

"Oh goddamnit"! She said in anger, as she ran to catch up with them.

Meanwhile Fluttershy was wondering through the forest trying to find the CMCs and get out of there as fast as possible.

"Girls"? she called in a whisper. She got no answer, so she called again. "Girls"? Again no reply, but she heard a scary noise which caused her to yelp.

"Oh! Get a hold of yourself, Fluttershy. Just put one hoof in front of the other." She muttered, but as she backed up she bumped into a tree, causing her to jump, then she heard a noise and screamed. She started to run away. As she ran she noticed someone ahead of her. Throught the darkness Fluttershy saw that who ever it was looked like Twilight.

"Twilight? I-Is that you"? She asked. Once Fluttershy got close enough she saw that it was infact her friend. "Oh, Twilight, it is you. Thank goodness you're here. I need your help. The girls are out here somewhere, and I'm afraid that they're—" Fluttershy began to explain, however she soon realized something wasn't quite right, and when the moonlight shone Fluttershy gasped in horror. Twilight had been turned into stone.

"Oh! What's happened to you"? She asked in fear. Then she saw Bertholdt. He had suffered the same fate as Twilight.

"Oh no! If you two have been turned to stone, then that means". Fluttershy couldn't bring herself to finish that sentence, the realization hitting her that a horrible creature was lurking in the forest. She turned to Twilight, and Bertholdt's stoned bodies. "Don't move you two, I'll be right back". She assured them, and ran off.

"Girls! Girls!". She called but got no answer.

"Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo"! She called out again, but still no answer.

"Reiner!" She hadn't seen him stoned so she hoped he had escaped, but again she got no reply.

Elsewhere, Apple Bloom was trying to catch up to Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, all the while muttering to herself.

"Let's going into the forest and catch that chicken they said. It'll be fine they said". Apple Bloom grumbled. "You know the chicken would have been found by now if we just told Fluttershy, and then asked Applejack, and Big Mac for help"! she shouted into the forest, but got no reply in response.

"Of course, now I'm talking to myself". she grumbled bitterly. Just then she heard russleting in the bushes. Something was coming. Squinting her eyes, Apple Bloom looked through the bushes trying to get a look at whatever was coming. She even picked up a stick for saftey meassures. She moved closer to the bush, and brought the branch over her head, and when the creature came out of the bushes Apple Bloom whacked it hard on the head. When she did she heard a voice yell out "OW WHAT THE HELL"! Apple Bloom looked, and saw Reiner Braun on the ground rubbing the back of his head.

"Reiner? What are you doing here"? Apple Bloom asked as Reiner got up.

"What am I doing here? I should be asking you that"! Reiner exclaimed "Why are you out here, and not with Fluttershy"? He demanded to know.

"Well, you see". Apple Bloom began. She then began to explain the whole story.

"And when I looked up Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were gone". Apple Bloom finshed.

"So instead of listening to you, they wanted to find the chicken on their own"? Reiner asked.

Apple Bloom nodded, but then she noticed something.

"Hey, where are Twilight and Mr. Hoover". She asked.

Reiner suddendly got a cold sweat running down his back.

"Reiner? Are you okay"? Apple Bloom asked.

"We ran into something, and well it".

"Apple Bloom, Reiner"! Before Reiner could finish Fluttershy ran up to them.

"Fluttershy, when did you get here"? Asked Reiner.

Fluttershy panted and looked up at him.

"No time we have to get out of here a cockatrice is on the loose"! Fluttershy exclaimed

"A what"? asked Apple Bloom in confusion.

"A cockatrice! It's a frightening creature with the head of a chicken and the body of a snake". Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Is that what that creature was". Reiner wondered just as Apple Bloom spoke up.

"That sounds kinda cool actually, I'd like to see one". She exclaimed.

"No you don't, if you look at a cockatrice it will tun you into stone"! Fluttershy yelled. Hearing that made Apple Bloom gasped!

"What"?! She yelped in shock.

Fluttershy nodded. "I saw that it already did it to Bertholdt, and Twilight". Fluttershy said sadly. She then looked up at Reiner. "But how did you escape Mr. Braun"? she asked.

"Well". Reiner began as he remebered back to what happened.

Twilight, Reiner, and Bertholdt were walking through the Everfree Forest Twilight exciitedly telling the other two about the tea Zecora was going to give her.

"It's the most amazing tasting tea in all of Equestria, I'm serious you guys have got to try".

"I don't know, I'm more of a coffee kind of guy". Reiner stated making Twilight scoff.

"All coffee does is make you hyperactive, and it's not good for your heart". Twilight said.

"Oh really"! Reiner asked getting in Twilight's face.

"Yes really"! Twilight stated doing the same. The two of them glared at each other for a few moments, and started laughing.

"Im sorry Reiner I hope I didn't sound too rude". Twilight stated.

"No, not at all, and I'm sorry as well". Reiner replied. The three of them then continued on. As they were walking all of a sudden, Bertholdt heard something.

"Hey, do you two hear that"? he asked.

"Here what Bertholdt"? Twilight asked.

"Listen". Bertholdt stated.

The three of them listened and heard the sound of russleting in a nearby bush.

"It's probably just a squirell or another forest creature. Reiner stated as he continued moving on. However, just as Twilight, and Bertholdt were about to catch up they saw what looked like a chicken peek from the bush.

"Hey, what's a chicken doing out here"? Bertholdt asked.

"I'm not sure". Twilight replied. She, and Bertholdt both began to walk towards it with Twilight speaking sofly to the chicken.

"Hey, it's okay we won't hurt you". Twilight stated reassuringly. She, and Bertholdt both moved closer, but that was when the "Chicken reaveled it's truself. Twilight gasped in horror, reconginzing the creature as a cockatrice.

"Bertholdt don't stare at it"! Twilight shouted, but it was too late and the cockatrice turned both her, and Bertholdt into stone, with Reiner witnessing the whole thing. Knowing that he'd most likely suffer the same fate if he tried to confront the thing he quicky ran off in the opposite direction".

"And that's what happend". Reiner finshised his story.

Fluttershy looked at him in shock, Apple Bloom's eyes were filled with horror.

"Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo our out there with that thing on the loose"! Apple Bloom screamed.

"Oh my, we have to find them quickly"! Fluttershy exclaimed.

"I'll go with you, it will be better if all of us are together". Reiner stated.

"Oh, thank you Reiner". Fluttershy said. Then all three of them went off in search of the other two crusaders.

Elsewhere Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were both still arguing about arguing being their special talent.

"Is not"! Argured Scootaloo.

"Is too"! Argued Sweetie Belle.

"Is not"! Argured Scootaloo.

"Is too"! Argued Sweetie Belle.

Finally Sweetie Belle had enough of the arguing and decieded to get a thrid opinion.

"What do you think Apple Bloom? Is arguing our special talent"? She asked. However when Sweetie Belle got no response she became confused. "Apple Bloom"? She asked turning around only to see that the little farm filly wasn't behind them.

"Hey Scootaloo"? Sweetie Belle asked.

"What"?! Scootaloo asked in a rude tone, still a little mad at Sweetie Belle.

"Do you know where Apple Bloom is"? Sweetie Belle asked.

"What are you talking about she's right, oh". Scootaloo muttered realizing that Apple Bloom was gone.

"I guess we were so busy searching for the chicken that we didn't notice that she got separated from us". Scootaloo stated.

"Do you think something happened to her"? Asked Sweetie Belle.

"God I sure hope not". Scootaloo stated. The two of them wonderd what to do next when they heard Fluttershy call out.

"Girls"! she cried rushing over to them along with Reiner, and Apple Bloom. Seeing their fellow crusader the other too sighed in relief.

"See I told you she was fine". Scootaloo said to Sweetie Belle.

Thank goodness you're okay Fluttershy said as she, Apple Bloom, and Reiner walked up to them. "We have to leave the forest at once"!

"But we haven't found the chicken yet"! Exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"There's no time, there's a cockatrice on the loose"! Apple Bloom stated.

"A cocka what now"? Asked Scootaloo.

"A cockatrice! It's a frightening creature with the head of a chicken and the body of a snake. Now, come on"! Reiner ordered as he Fluttershy, and Apple Bloom all turned to leave. However instead of following them out of the forest Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo just started laughing.

"The head of a chicken and the body of a snake? That doesn't sound scary, that sounds silly"! Scootaloo scoffed.

"Why, if I ever saw one of them cockathingies face-to-face, I'd laugh at how silly it was." Sweetie Belle replied

"No! Never look one in the eye"! Fluttershy yelled, but Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo ignored her, and kept walking further in the forest.

"Girls please come back"! Apple Bloom begged her friends.

"Don't worry, as soon as we find the chicken we can all go back home". Sweetie Belle said trying to reassure everyone.

Just then they all heard movement comming from the bushes. Everyone stared intently waiting for something to come out. After a few seconds the missing chicken came out of the bushes.

"Look there's the chicken"! Sweetie Belle exclaimed. Then the head of another chicken peered out from the bush. "Two"? Sweetie Belle asked in confusion.

"Let's grab em both". Scootaloo said. They were just about to move towards them when the second chicken fully emerged from the bush reaveling itself not to be a chicken, but some creature with the head of a chicken, and the body of the snake. The creature then stared right at Elizabeak turning the frighted chicken to stone. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo both looked on in horror, Apple Bloom gasped. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo both backed up, and then tripped on something. It was the stone bodies of Twilight Sparkle, and Bertholdt Hoover. Seeing this horrified the two filles. They were just about to scream when Reiner appeared infront of them.

"Stay behind me". He order them. The cockatrice began to walk towards the three of them, Reiner, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all had their eyes closed.

"If I have to transform into the Armored Titan to protect them, then so be it". Reiner thought to himself. The cockatrice moved in closer, but then it stopped. It turned and spotted Apple Bloom who was standing alone. Seeing the thing heading her way, Appe Bloom fell to the ground, and began to back away fearfully. The cockatrice got closer, and closer preparing the petrfiy the girl, when all of a sudden Fluttershy stepped in between it and Apple Bloom. At first Fluttershy had no idea what to do, all she knew was that she had to protect Apple Bloom somehow. Finally Fluttershy worked up the courage, and yelled at the cockatrice.

"You! Just who do you think you are, going around turning others into stone?" She demanded. The cockatrice was shocked, and began to try and turn Fluttershy to stone, but the pegagus kept going.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. I have a mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man. Now you go over there, and turn Elizabeak and my friends Twilight, and Bertholdt back to normal, and don't ever let me catch you doing this again. Do you understand me"? Fluttershy asked.

The cockatrice tried for a few more seconds to petrfie Fluttershy, but ultimantely relented and went off to two what Fluttershy asked of it.

"You did it"! Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"That was so cool"! Scootaloo followed.

"Yeah"! Sweetie Belle agreed.

Reiner smiled. "That was pretty impressive Fluttershy". He complented.

"Oh thank you Reiner". Fluttershy blushed.

"Hooray for Fluttershy! The Stare Master"! The CMCs all cheered.

Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh girls, I'm just glad you're okay". She said.

"Yeah, thanks to you". Sweetie Belle stated. She then looked down. "We're sorry we snuck out of the house and into the forest". she apologized.

"Yeah, I feel terrible putting you through that stress". Apple Bloom apologized as well.

"From now on we promise to listen to what you say". Scootaloo replied.

"Oh, you do, do you? Well, you better, or I'll give you... the Stare!" Fluttershy said jokingly as she, Reiner, and the crusaders all laughed just as Twilight, and Bertholdt who had been unstoned walked over to them

"Ugh, what happened"? Asked Twilight.

"Yeah, what's going on"? Asked Bertholdt.

The next morning Fluttershy finshed telling Twilight, and Bertholdt what happend, Twilight was writing down what Fluttershy was saying planning to send it to Princess Celestia.

"And that's when it brought you back from stone". Fluttershy said.

"This is gonna make quite a letter to the princess." Twilight replied. Reiner then looked up at Fluttershy.

"I was wrong about you. You certainly do know how to handle those girls." He said. Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh I wouldn't go that far". She said.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?" Asked Bertholdt in confusion.

"I assumed that I'd be just as good with kids as I am with animals. Boy, was I wrong. I really learned the hard way not to bite off more than I could chew." Fluttershy stated.

Twilight chuckled. "You and Rarity both". She said as Rarity walked over to them". "Good morning Rarity" Twilight greeted.

"Did you finish all those capes"? Fluttershy asked.

"Just delivered them. I have to admit, if you hadn't come along, I might not have. Thanks again." Rarity replied.

"Would you like to stay for some tea"? Asked Fluttershy.

"I really must get back to the shop and clean up". Rarity politely declined. She then turned to the crusaders. "Girls! Get your things. Time to go. Girls!"

But they ignroed her and kept playing.

"Girls! Time to— Girls! Your things! Girls! It's time to— Girls!" Rarity shouted getting increasingly more frustrated.

"Allow me". Fluttershy said. She cleared her throat. "Girls". she gentely called. The cmcs all stopped at Fluttershy's voice, and came over to her.

"Yes Fluttershy"? Asked Apple Bloom

"You called"? Asked Scootaloo.

"Go back your things, Rarity is here to take you home". Fluttershy told them

"Of course right away". Sweetie Belle said, as she, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo all went inside to pack while Rarity looked on in shock.

"Ah, huh, ah, how did you... how did you do that"? She asked.

"I guess I'm just as good with kids as I am with animals." Fluttershy replied as the girls came out.

"Thank you, Fluttershy! Bye! Thank you, Stare Master!" They all said. Rarity smiled, and then chuckled nervously at Fluttershy.

"Ah, uh, speaking of which, I could use your help with Opal". Rarity stated.

"Of course how about later today". Fluttershy offered.

"How about now"? Rarity asked turning around to show that Opal was now biting her tail.

Fluttershy, Twilight, Reiner, and Bertholdt all bursted out laughing.

Preview
Ponyville Junior High is about to hold it's annaul showcase and the CMCs hope that performing a song in it will help them get their cutie marks, but they might be going about it the wrong way.

Next Episode.
The Show Stoppers.

Author's Note:

Characters in Order of Apperance

  1. Sweetie Belle
  2. Rarity
  3. Fluttershy
  4. Opalescence
  5. Scootaloo
  6. Apple Bloom
  7. Reiner Braun
  8. Twilight Sparkle
  9. Bertholdt Hoover
  10. Diamond Tiara (Flashback)
  11. Silverspoon (Flashback)
  12. Mrs. Shy (Flashback)
  13. Mr. Shy (Flashback)
  14. Zephyr Breeze (Flashback)
  15. Cozy Glow
PreviousChapters Next