• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 3,276 Views, 113 Comments

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic With Reiner and Bertholdt Season 1 - TheUnknownPhantom5



Reiner Braun . The Armored Titan, and Bertholdt Hoover. The Colossal Titan end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 113
 3,276

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 32: Owl's Well That Ends Well: Gala arc Part 25

Evening at the Golden Oak Library. Spike, and Twilight Sparkle were very exicted for that night there was to be a very special metor shower, and all there friends would be watching. Spike gather a blanket, and telescope and placed them into a red wagon.

"This metor shower is going to be amazing"! Twilight exclaimed happily.

"Awesome"! Spike said with same entuisasma as he put some fruits into the wagon.

"You know, this shower only happens once every 100 years." Twilight stated.

"A centennial celebration!" Spike replied. As he put more stuff into the wagon.

"We better get a move on". Twilight stated. Spike nodded in agreement.

"Don't wanna be late". He said as he put the last item into the wagon, a pitcher of punch. "There". Twilight smiled at her assiant.

"Spike, did you grab my quill and ink?" She asked.

"Check"! Spike confirmed. Twilight smiled.

"Scrolls"? She asked.

"Check! I've also packed a telescope, apples, bananas, fruit punch, and my freshly baked homemade triple-decker nut-crazy vanilla cream cookies"! Spike stated. Twilight giggled.

"I can see that. Once again you've read my mind, Spike. And that is why you are my number one assistant." She told him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear you". Spike said. He actually did hear her he just wanted her to say it again.

"That is why you are my number one assistant." Twilight said again, but Spike still wanted to hear it once more.

"Didn't quite catch that". He teased.

"I said." Twilight began, but then she giggled realizing what Spike was doing. "Come on, let's get going. Wait! I almost forgot! I wanna bring the "Astronomical Astronomer's Almanac to All Things Astronomy"." Twilight stated. Spike looked at her in confusion.

"The Astronomo-lomo homono what"? He didn't know what that book was, but if Twilight wanted then he would find it for her. So he began searching as Twilight explained to him what the book was.

"You know that really old big blue book on stars, moons, planets, the universe...?" She said. Spike then found the book she was looking for.

"Right. Check". He said. But before he could get down, and give the book to Twilight, he suddendly sneezed burning the book with his fire breath. Not wanting Twilight to be upset he quickly hid the book in the back of the shelf.

"Hey what's taking my number one assistant so long". Spike heared Twilight's voice call down to him.

Spike, and Twilight made their way to the meeting spot. Twilight was a little disaponited that she didn't have her book with her though.

"I was sure I put the astronomer's guide back. The book would have helped me identify different planets and stars tonight." She lamented. Spike began to sweat nervously, he hadn't told her what really happened to the book.

"Well... maybe someone borrowed it. Besides, you don't need that book. You can already name all the planets and stars, 'cause you're super smart and astronomically awesome!" He said reassuringly. Twilight smiled.

"Thanks Spike. You're quite the flatterer". She told him.

"Yeah. I'm a sweet talker". Spike said.

"And number one assistant". Twilight stated.

"Check". Spike said as he began to set up the blanket and treats he packed. While Spike was doing that Twilight walked over to her friends.

"Hey guys". She greeted.

"Hello Twilight". Reiner said as she came up to the group.

"Did Spike and I miss anything"? Twilight asked.

"No, you arrived right on time". Bertholdt reassured her. Twilight sighed in relief.

"Oh good." She stated as she looked at all her friends. "Apple Bloom, you made it"! Twilight said happily seeing the young filly. She was of course being supported by Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

"There ani't no way I'm letting her miss out on something like this, It's a once in a lifetime oppurtionty". Applejack stated.

"You're right, there's no way you're gonna wanna miss this". Twilight stated just as Spike finshed setting everything up. Rainbow Dash then helped herself to an apple.

"Wow, Twilight! You're lucky to have such a rad assistant. I wish I had someone to do whatever I told them." Rainbow Dash said. Hearing That Scootaloo's ear's perked up, but then she looked at Sweetie Belle, as both of them were helping Apple Bloom stand, but Apple Bloom just nodded and smiled reassuringley.

"Don't worry I got her". Sweetie Belle said. Scootaloo smiled, and ran over to Rainbow Dash.

"Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! Me! I'll do whatever you want, Rainbow Dash!" She said. Rainbow Dash smiled.

" Oh yeah, pipsqueak? How about taking out the trash?" She asked.

"Yes Ma'am"! Scootaloo saulted.

"That filly will do anything for Rainbow Dash". Reiner stated as the others came over.

"Do we have Spike to thank again for this amazing spread"? Rarity asked.

"We sure do". Twilight confirmed.

"Spike you're so amazing being able to make all this". Apple Bloom complemeted. Spike blushed.

"Oh come on stop you're embarssing me". He said.

Sorry, Spike but we can't help it, this is amazing work". Reiner told him.

"Yeah this is wonderful". Bertholdt replied. Spike smiled.

"Yeah I suppose it is". He agreed

"Spike this is so wonderful that I had to make a little bow tie for you". Rarity stated

"Aww thanks Rarity". Spike said. He then turned to Twilight". You're Turn to say something". He said smuggley, however Twilight just rolled her eyes.

"That's enough Spike". She told him. Spike chuckled nervously in response and rubbed the back of his head.

"Hey everypony the show's started". Sweetie Belle pointed out. The Mane Eight, Spike, and Cutie Mark Crusaders all rushed over to watch the show, all of them we're amazed by how wonderful it was. After the show was over, everyone was laughing, and having fun while Pinkie Pie was helping herself to the cookies Spike had brought.

"These cookies are amazing". She said.

"I know, who made them"? Asked Bertholdt.

"Spike did, he worked very hard". Twilight stated. "Speaking of Spike, can you bring us some more punch"? She asked, but the baby dragon didn't respond. This confused Twilight. "Spike"? she called looking for him, but then she saw that he had fallen asleep in the punch bowl. Everyone smiled at the sight.

"Oh, poor little thing." Rarity cooed.

"Aww... He's worked himself to the bone." Twilight moaned.

"And now the punch has been... "spiked"! Pinkie Pie joked. Everyone laughed as the stars shown brightly in the night sky.

"Welp it's getting late, I think it's best we head back home". Reiner stated.

"Reiner's right". Twilight yawned. "Goodnight everypony".

They all said their goodbyes and went back to their respetcive homes.

Twilight returned back to the Golden Oak Libary with Spike asleep on her back. She couldn't help but smile at how how peaceful he looked. Quietly opening the door, she gentely walked up the staris and put him to bed.

"Goodnight, Spike. Sweet dreams, number one assistant." She said before quietly going downstairs to read up some more info about comets. "The Study of Comets. Comets are small, irregularly shaped bodies that are made of nonvolatile grains and frozen gases. They..." All of a sudden Twilight was stopped by a creaking sound. "Huh"? She said in confusion. She step outside and looked around but saw nothing, so she decieded to go back in and continue reading her book. ".have body structures that are fragile and diverse..." All of sudden she thought she saw something fly by the window, so she opened it. However that move caused the wind to blow in, and blow her research out the window, and far away. "Damnit"! Twilight cursed as she rushed back inside and began panicing. "Oh this is a job for Spike. If only he was awake". She exclaimed. Just then Twilight heard a hooting noise. She looked up and saw an owl sitting on her desk, with her research in it's mouth. The owl put the scroll down, and was about to fly away when Twilight called out to it. "Wait! Don't go! Don't be afraid." The owl stopped and looked at Twilight. "Thank you for returning my scroll". She said. The owl hooted as if to say "You're welcome. Just then another gust of wind came blowing in causing the owl to shiver. "God it's cold out tonight". Twilight stated. She then looked at the owl, and an idea flew into her head. "Gosh, it's cold tonight. Say, would you like to relax in here and keep me company while I work?" She asked. The owl thoguht for a bit, and decieded that he would take Twilight up on her offer. Twilight smiled and continued reading as the owl perched itself onto the rack next to her desk. "Now, where was I? Oh, yes. "...fragile and diverse with a surrounding cloud of material called a coma, that grows in size and brightness as the comet approaches the sun..."

The next morning the sun shone brightly in Spike's face. Groaning he groggalily opened his eyes.

"Huh"? He said in confusion. He then realized what happened and got up in a panic. " Waah! I overslept! I know it's already ten, but I'm scaly-tailed and bright-eyed and ready to work twice as fast!" He stated as he ran down the stairs calling out to Twilight. Oh please, don't be upset, Twilight! And what do you want for breakfast? Oatmeal? How about a sunflower smoothie? Grass pancakes?" He asked her, but Twilight just gave him a soft smile.

"Oh Spike don't worry". she reassured. This confused Spike.

"But, my morning chores". He tried to remind Twilight but she just smiled and walked over to collect sime items off of her desk.

" It's okay. Owlowiscious did them for you." She told him confusing Spike even more.

"Who"? He asked.

"He's our new junior assistant. He's gonna help out with your chores so you won't be so tired all the time." She explained. This made Spike a little upset.

"Wha... Wh... What do we need a junior assistant for? I'm not tired. I do fine on my own. I don't need sleep, I..." He tried to say, but Twilight stopped him.

"Spike, don't worry. He's just here to help out a little. Now, I have to go out, so why don't you introduce yourself to Owlowiscious? He's in the library." She stated.

"Worried? Do I look worried? I'm not worried. Who's worried?" Spike stated as Twilight left. Once Twilight was gone Spike went down to the library to see who this Owlowiscious guy was. "Hello"? He quietly called out. Owlowiscious, who was sitting by the window heard Spike's voice, and turned his head 360 degrees without moving his body in order to face the baby dragon. This startled Spike a bit. "Whoa! Dude, that's creepy." Spike stated before quickly composing himself and walking over to Owlowiscious. "Uh... Hi there! I'm Spike. I'm sure Twilight has told you all about me." Owlowiscious just stared at Spike before simply saying.

"Hoo". This confused Spike.

"Uh, Spike? You know, assistant number one?" Spike said. However Owlowiscious once gain responed with.

"Hoo"? Now Spike was getting frustrated.

"I'm Spike! And who are you? What are you?" He asked.

"Hoo". Owlowiscious replied.

"Who"? Spike said in confusion.

"Hoo". Owlowiscious replied again.

"I thought your name was Owlowiscious". Spike said.

"Hoo"? Owlowiscious replied. Spike shook his head, and composed himself. Locking eyes with Owlowiscious Spike wanted to make sure the bird knew one thing, and one thing alone.

"Okay, "Who", "Owlowiscious", whatever. I'm Spike, okay? Look! All you need to know is that I'm number one and you're number two. Got it?" He said. Owlowiscious just said.

"Hoo". Spike's eye twitched.

"So, a man of mystery, huh? I'm keeping my eye on you! I've got eyes in the back of my head too, you know." Spike said just as he slamed into the door. "Well, not really, but... you know what I mean!" He stated as he opened the door, and walked outside, slamming it in the process.

"That bird is out for my job. He wants to be number one. I'll prove to Twilight that I deserve to be number one. Not Freaky Feathers over there. I won't let him have my job if it's the last thing I do"! Spike thought to himself.

Currently Publicly Avalablie Information Meteor Shower. A rare set spectacular event. It happens every 100 years, and is a once in a life time opportunity to witness.

Twilight was walking through town having just finished her errands, and was heading back to the Libaray when she saw Reiner, and Bertholdt, and walked up to them

"Hi guys". She greeted causing them to turn around.

"Hello Twilight, how are you today"? Reiner asked.

"I'm doing wonderful, I just brought some new scrolls to write, oh and I made a new friend last night."Twilight stated.

"A new friend"? Asked Bertholdt.

"Yep". Twilight replied.

"Well what's their name, and what kind of pony are they"? Reiner asked. This made Twilight giggle which confused Reiner and Bertholdt. Twilight saw their confused faces and quickly explained.

"My new friend isn't a pony he's an owl, and his name is Owlowiscious". Twilight replied. This intrigued the two stalions.

"Really, and how did you and this Owlowiscious meet"? Reiner asked.

"I was working on research about comments, the wind blew my notes away, and Owlowiscious got them back for me. It was windy, and chilly outside so I let him stay inside, and he helped me out while Spike was asleep.

"Ah I get it, since Owls are nocturnal Owlowiscious can help you at night when Spike is asleep". Reiner pointed out.

"Exactlay". Twilight stated. "Hey do you guys want to meet Owlowiscious"?

"Of course". Reiner stated. Twilight beamed brightly.

"Oh, I've got to tell the others, they're going to want to meet Owlowiscious too". Twilight exclaimed. "Especialy Fluttershy". She chuckled. So Twilight went to all of her friends houses to ask them if they wanted to meet Owlowiscious. Natuarlly all of them said yes.

"Why of course darling. Sweetie Belle, and I would love to meet your knew friend". Said Rarity.

"A pet owl sounds tottaly awesome". Stated Rainbow Dash

"Sure, Apple Bloom, and I will meet the fella". Applejack replied.

"I'd love to meet your pet Owl". Scootaloo said.

"Uh. Yes I wanna meet Owlowiscious"! Pinkie Pie exclaimed excitedly.

Fluttershy however seemed to be even more excited then Pinkie Pie. Was that even possible.

"You have a pet owl"?! She exclaimed before being to ask a million questions. "Whatkindofowlisitwheredidyoufindhimwhatcolorishehowmannyfeathersdoeshehavecanhemovehishead360degrees" Twilight put her hoof up to Fluttershy's mouth to calm her down.

"Come over to my place, and you can see for yourself". She stated to Fluttershy who nodded her head, though she was still very excited that Twilight had a new pet.

Back at the Golden Oak Libarby everyone was admired by Owlowiscious.

"Oh, what a fantastical, flufflicious feathery little friend! I'm... hooked!" Pinkie Pie joked causing everyone minus Spike to laugh.

"He's just wonderful". Fluttershy admired.

"He's just wonderful". Spike mocked causing everyone to look up at him. "Uh yes. Wonderfu. "He's quite... the charmer." Spike said quickly composing himself. The others just stared at Spike for a bit before going back to admiring Owlowiscious.

"So he just came into your house and helped you out"? Reiner asked.

"Yep". Twilight confirmed.

"He's adorable". Apple Bloom cooed causing Owlowiscious to blush.

"Thank you Apple Bloom". Twilight said. This caused Applejack to chuckle a bit.

"You know Apple Bloom's always wanted an exoctic pet herself, and I keep telling her that when she's a bit older she can get the pet she wants."

"Really, what kind of pet would that bit"? Asked Bertholdt.

"A wolf". Applejack replied.

"I should have guessed. After all you do have an interesting facsnation with wolves." Scootaloo replied as Apple Bloom's face turned bright red with embarassment.

"Ummm..... Weren't we here to see Owlowiscious"? Apple Bloom asked trying to change the topic back to the owl. Everyone nodded there heads, and went back to talking about Twilight's new pet owl. Now it was Rarity's turn to speak up.

"And Owlowiscious is just such a star I just had to make this little bow for you. With Sweetie Belle's help of course". Rarity stated as she present a bow that was identical to the one she gave Spike the night of the meator shower. When Spike saw that his anger grew that he opened the window, climbed back inside, and slammed the window shut in a fit of rage as everyone looked on in confusion.

"What's he all saddle sore about?" Applejack asked.

"He's probably just jealous of Owlowiscious." Rainbow Dash theorized.

"What would he have to be jealous about"? Asked Twilight.

"Well maybe Spike feels threatened or worried that Owlowiscious will replace him." Fluttershy replied causing Twilight to look at her in shock.

"Replace him? Hah! That's crazy! Spike knows he can't be replaced." She stated.

"Are you sure about that Twilight, maybe you should let him know before something happens". Reiner warned.

"I don't need to tell him Reiner, because Spike knows that he will never be replaced". Twilight said with full confidance. However inside the libarby Reiner, and Fluttershy's concerns were comming to be as Spike stomped down the stairs.

"They're trying to replace me! I better step it up and make sure that Twilight and Owlowiscious know that I'm still number one! He thought to himself just as Twilight and Owlowiscious came back into the house. Twilight then walked over to her desk.

"Hey, Spike! Can you fetch me that book called "Two-headed Myth—"

"Mythological Mysteries!" I know where it is." Spike stated as he went to look for the book. However he was stopped when he heard Twilight say.

"Thanks, Owlowiscious. Hey, Spike, no worries. Owlowiscious flew up and got the book for me." Then Twilight realized she probably needed another book as well. "Oh, and gee! I guess I need "Ferrets of Fairyland" too."

Owlowiscious flew up and grabbed the book that just so happened to be in the pile Spike was standing on.

"Hey! Whoa! Whoa!" Spike yelped.

"Climb down from there before you fall." Twilight told Spike, but unfourtnely he did fall, and he was pretty annoyed."

Twilight was writing in her journal, when the tip of her quill snapped off.

"Shoot". she cursed. As if he was waiting for some kind of single Spike appeared to help Twilight, and proove that he was better then Owlowiscious.

"Yes Ma'am"! He saluted.

"My last writing quill. It's broken." Twilight said.

"Never fear! Spike, your number one assistant, is here!" Spike stated eagerly as he began to search the house. "Quill... Quill... Where is it? Not here... Quill... Quill, where is it...?" He muttered to himself as he searched the treehouse for a quil, even walking in on Owlowisicous in the shower.

"Hoo". The owl said.

"Ugh where am I gonna get a quil"? Spike question. Decieding he wasn't going to find one in the libary Spike went out to see if he could find a quill in town as Twilight called out to him.

"Spike, wait! Wait!"

The first location Spike went to was Quills and Sofas. However when he got there Davenport had some very unfourtune news for him. They had no quills

"But the store is called "Quills and Sofas". You only sell two things!" Spike complained.

"Sorry Junior. All outta quills until Monday. Need a sofa?" Davenport ask. Spike just groaned. Next Spike went to Sugarcube Corner. He told Pinkie Pie he needed a quill.

"I swore I had one here somewhere." She said bringing Spike's hopes up. However what Pinkie Pie brought back wasn't a quill it was a quince.

"Ah, here it is! A quince!"

"Not a quince. A quill!" Spike said.

"Right. A quail? A quilt! A quesadilla? Aha! A quiche!" Pinkie Pie said pulling out a bunch of random items until Spike had enough.

"Not a quiche. A quill!" Spike told Pinkie Pie making sure to say it very carefully.

"Nope. Sorry all out of Quills". Pinkie Pie stated.

"Shoot". Spike sighed as he ate the quiche. Spike continued on until he came across Sweet Apple Acres.

"Perhapes I can get a quill from a chicken". He thought to himself. Spike slowly crept up to the chicken coup. To his luck there happened to be one chicken out of the coup. Spike carefully snuck up behind it, however it noticed him coming and ran off forcing Spike to give chase.

"Come on, chicken! Here, chicky-chicky-chicky! Here, chick-chick-chick-chicky! Come here! Ugh! Come here!" He shouted. The chicken ran until it saw Apple Bloom coming out of the house, and ran over to her.

"Hey now, what in the world is the matter with you". Apple Bloom asked the panicked bird.

"COME BACK HERE"! Spike shouted as he ran over to the two of them.

"Spike why are you chasing one of our chickens? You scared him nearly half to death". Apple Bloom said sternly. Spike looked down and sighed.

"I'm sorry Apple Bloom, it's just that Twilight's quill broke, and I want to get her a new one so she doesn't replace me with Owlowiscious". He explained.

"Okay well first off a chicken's feather is too small to be a quill, but Spike Twilight's not going". However Apple Bloom was intterupted by Spike".

"Well then where can I get one? Tell me Apple Bloom please he said begging".

"Careful! You know my leg is still broken right"? Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Sorry". Spike stated "But I really need a quill". He told her. Realizing that Spike most likely wasn't going to listen even if she told him Twilight wasn't going to replace him Apple Bloom sighed.

"Try asking Reiner, and Bertholdt. Maybe they'll have one". Apple Bloom told him. Hearing that Spike lept up in excitment.

"Thanks Apple Bloom"! He stated as he ran off to Reiner, and Bertholdt's house.

"Spike"! Apple Bloom called out causing him to turn around. "Don't let your jealousy get the best of you"! She told him.

"I'm not jealous". Spike replied as he ran off. Apple Bloom just sighed as Applejack came out.

"I'm worried Applejack, I'm afraid Spike might do something he'll regret later". Apple Bloom told her older sister.

"Well let's just hope he sees that Twilight isn't trying to replace him". Applejack stated.

"I still don't understand why your so desprete for a quill". Reiner stated as he pulled one out of a drawer and handed it to Spike".

"Because Twilight's quill broke, and she needed a new one." Spike replied.

"But couldn't you have just used one of Owlowicious's feathers"? Asked Bertholdt.

"No"! Spike snapped. "I'm going to proove to Twilight that I am her only number one assiastant and that she doesn't need the stingy Owlowicious to help her". He stated firmly.

"Spike Twilight isn't going to replace you". Reiner told him, however his words fell on deaf ears as Spike ran off with the Quill.

"He's not going to listen to reason". Bertholdt stated.

"Yeah. Well let's just hope he doesn't do anything stupid". Reiner replied. Spike arrived back at the libary in great tripumh.

"Spike to the rescue"! He exclaimed excitedly. However his "victory" was short lived when Twilight turned to him

"Oh, Spike. I was calling out for you when you were turning this place upside down. Owlowiscious gave me one of his feathers to use as a quill." She stated. Spike's eye twitched.

"That's just great. Perfect! Sweet! I think I'll just, uh... finish up the rest of my chores! Or did Owlowiscious already do them?" He asked.

"Oh, no no. There are quite a lot of them." Twilight told him.

"Well, that's fine. Because I can just stay up all night and finish–" However running around town all day had drained all of Spike's energy that he fell right asleep on the stairs. Twilight sighed.

"Poor Spike. He'll come around. He's genuinely a good little guy." She told Owlowiscious as they let him sleep.

The next morning Spike was awoken by a thud. He opened his eyes, and to his horror he saw the book he had burned the other day sitting infront of him, and Twilight looking down on him very crossly.

" Spike. What is this? You said this book was missing. Well, Owlowiscious found it right where it belongs, but like this. How did it get this way?" She demaned. Spike stammered as he tried to explain.

" Uh... Well, um... You see, I... I just didn't wanna disappoint you and, uh... Have you ever seen a dragon sneeze?" He asked.

"I've seen a dragon lie! I'm very disappointed in you Spike". Twilight stated as she walked away. Spike glared angrily at Owlowiscious.

"You set me up! Well, two can play that game." He stated.

"Hoo"! Owlowiscious replied.

"Not "who"! Two! Urgh!" Spike groaned. Outside Twilight walked across town looking glum. Now she wasn't actually upset because Spike destroyed the book, infact she new it had to have been an accident, but he lied to her about it, and that's what bothered her. A few feet away Reiner noticed Twilight and walked over to her.

"Hey, what's up Twilight". He asked? Twilight looked up at him and smiled.

"Hey Reiner, I'm just worried about Spike". Twilight replied.

"How come"? Reiner asked.

"Well I he accidentdly burned one of my books, and I yelled at him for lying to me about it, I just hope he doesn't take it too hard". Twilight replied.

"I'm sure he won't". Reiner stated, I mean he's just a baby dragon what's the worst he could do"? Reiner asked. Twilight chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right". She replied as she and Reiner walked off and continued talking. However unbeknowst to them Spike had left the libary, and was too walking through town.

"Owlowiscious is out to take my place, I just know it! I've gotta stop him. But how?" He said to himself. All of a sudden a little mouse scampered out infront of him. Just then an Idea flew into Spike's brain.

"Owl's eat mice, all I have to do is make it look like Owlowiscious ate a helpless little feild mouse, and then Twilight will have to get rid of him". He said. Then he put on a costume that made him look like an old timy villian complete with a black hat, cape, and mustache. "Muahahaha!" He laughed. The first part of his plan was to get a mouse. Now Spike knew he couldn't get a real mouse, so he opted for the next best thing. Waiting behind Carosouel Boutique Spike watched until Rarity opened the door, and walked out with her cat.

"Come along, Opal. Let's hurry up and get to Fluttershy's tea party." She said. Once they were gone Spike snuck up to the windows. He had to make sure Sweetie Belle wasn't there either, Once he looked through all the windows, and saw that the cost was infact clear he snuck in. Once inside Spike looked around until he found exactlay what he was looking for, a mouse toy. Spike went up and grabbed in grinning devilshly.

"So lifelike. And when Twilight discovers it shredded up on her floor, she'll think mouse-eating Owlowiscious is to blame. And I'll be number one... again! Muhahaha!" He laughed and left the Boutique. However once he was outside he was spotted by Apple Bloom who was giving him a confused look.

"Spike, what are you doing with Opal's toy mouse"? She asked.

"Oh uh, Sweetie Belle let me borrow it for something I'm doing". Spike tried to lie, but Apple Bloom saw right through it.

"Sweetie Belle is with her parents today, and I know Rarity didn't let you borrow it since I saw her heading to Fluttershy's a few momments ago." She informed him. Spike sighed.

"Well if you must now, I'm going to set up that damn bird, and make Twilight think he killed a real mouse, and then she'll get rid of him once and for all!" He exclaimed. He then looked up at Apple Bloom who had a horrified look on her face.

"That's wrong! You can't do that to Owlowiscious he's Twilight's pet, and she loves him"! Apple Bloom exclaimed

"Exactaly! She loves, him, and not me. She's trying to replace me, and I refuse to let that happen"! Spike snapped.

"SPIKE"! Apple Bloom screamed causing him to look up.

"That's not true! None of what you are saying is true, Twilight will never replace you! You are letting your jealousy get the better of you, and it's making you think irrationally"! Apple Bloom argued.

"You don't know anything". Spike said under his breath.

"W what"? Apple Bloom asked confused.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IT'S LIKE! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE REPLACED, OR BE UNLOVED"! Spike shouted.

"Spike please stop. You're scaring me". Apple Bloom pleaded eyes filling with tears.

"AND YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, BECAUSE YOU. DON'T. HAVE. PARENTS"! Spike yelled. He stood there for a few moments when all of sudden he felt a sharp pain strike him in the side of the cheak. He fell to the ground hard. He looked up and saw Apple Bloom staring at him angrily with tears streaming down her face. Spike then realized she had just slapped him as he held his cheak.

"HOW DARE YOU"! Apple Bloom screamed. "YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO BRING UP MY PARENTS, ALL I TRIED TO DO WAS HELP YOU REALIZE THE MISTAKE YOU'RE MAKING, AND YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT"! Apple Bloom shouted before she coloapsed to the ground, and began sobbing. Spike looked around, there were quite a few witness. Some glared at Spike, while others went to comfort Apple Bloom who was still crying. Spike groaned, got up, and walked away.

"Whatever, I have an owl to frame". He muttered to himself.

Arriving back at the libarby Spike grabbed a nearby pillow, and a bottle of ketchup. He then placed the toy mouse on the floor, squrited the ketchup on it the the surronding area, and started throwing feathers from the pillow all around, laughing like a madman as he did. Unfourtently for Spike, before he could finish he felt himself bump into something. Spike turned and looked up to see Twilight standing right behind him, with Owlowiscious. Thinking quickly Spike immeidtdley took off his coustme, and began to act all innocent.

"That poor little field mouse! Torn to pieces! It must have been Owlowiscious! You know, since owls eat, you know, mice. What a terrible, terrible bird! He must be punished!" He declared before looking up at Twilight. "Right"? Twilight glared at Spike before speaking.

"Spike! I don't know what upsets me more—that you deliberately tried to set up Owlowiscious, or that you actually thought this pathetic attempt would work! You've let your jealousy get the best of you, Spike. I am truly disappointed. This is not the Spike I know and love." She scolded befoe walking out of the house with Owlowiscious. Tears filled Spike's eyes.

"She... She doesn't love me anymore." He whimpered.

Later that day Twilight, and Owlowiscious returned to the libabry.

"Spike we need to talk". Twilight called out. However she got no response. "Spike? Where are you"? Twilight asked as she searched the house. "Where could that dragon be"? Twilight wondered She then went up to his room where she saw all of his stuff was gone. That was when she realized what had happened. "Oh no, Spike must have run away. He really thinks I want to replace him! I need to find him"! Twilight declared as she ran out of the libabry. "I'll see if Applejack has seen him". She said as she ran off to Sweet Apple Acres. Arrving at Applejack's house Twilight was about to knock on the door when she heard what sounded like singing. She followed the voice to an area she had never scene before. It was like a magical enchanted forest. Their was a small lake, blue and violet flowers everywhere, and the way the trees blocked the sun made it seem like it was nighttime instead of day. Twilight looked around, and spotted Apple Bloom. She was standing the best she could with her leg. It was when Twilight relaized that she was the one singing.

Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur iudicium.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniam cum probatus fuerit accipiet coronam vitae.

Kyrie, fons bonitatis
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison

O quam sancta, quam serena
quam benigna, quam amoena esse Virgo creditur
O quam sancta, quam serena, quam benigna, quam amoena
O castitatis lilium

Once Apple Bloom was finished, she turned and found Twilight standing there. She gasped in shock.

"Miss Twilight, what are you doing here"? She asked.

"Well I came to find your sister, but then I heard you're voice, which first of all that was amazing, but secondly what is this place?" She asked.

"This is my sercet area I come too when I want to be alone. Nopony knows about it, not even Applejack or Big Mac, or Granny Smith". Apple Bloom stated. Twilight gave Apple Bloom a knowing nod.

"I won't tell anyone about this, not even Applejack". Twilight said firmly. Apple Bloom smiled knowing she could trust Twilight. "Now can you help me"? Twilight asked. Apple Bloom nodded.

"Sure, what's wrong".

"Have you scene Spike"? Twilight asked. Apple Bloom turned away.

"I did a few hours ago, he had stolen a toy mouse, and was planning to use it to frame Owlowscious". Apple Bloom told Twilight. Twilight sighed.

"Yeah, I caught him in the act, before he could finish." Apple Bloom looked up at Twilight.

"I'm sorry, I tried to stop him, but he yelled at me". Apple Bloom told Twilight what Spike had said to her. Twilight was shocked and gave Apple Bloom a soft hug.

"I'm so sorry he said that you." Twilight stated.

"It's okay, I'm sure he was just upset, I mean he still thinks you want to replace him". Apple Bloom stated. Twilight sighed.

"I know, he ran away, and I'm really worried about him". Apple Bloom gasped in shock.

"Oh no! I'm sorry I didn't see him after he yelled at me, but I hope you find him. He's such a little dragon, and it would be awful if something happened to him". Apple Bloom stated with worry in her voice.

"I know, which is why I have to find him, but I don't know where to look". Twilight replied. Apple Bloom thought for a few moments.

"Try the Everfree Forest". Apple Bloom said.

"You're right! Thanks Apple Bloom"! Twilight stated as she set off to find Spike.

"Twilight"! Apple Bloom called out.

"Yeah Apple Bloom"! Twilight asked.

"Make sure you tell Spike I forgive him"! Apple Bloom said.

"I will"! Twilight repled. Twilight across town, she kept running until she came to Reiner, and Bertholdt's house. She knocked franticly on the door, until Reiner opened it with a confused look on his face.

"Twilight? What's going on"? He asked.

"ReinerSpikeranawayhetriedtoframeowlowisciousandIcaughthimandwhenIgothomehewasgoneandIlookedeverywherebutIcantfindhimand" Twilight began to say all at once only for Reiner to stop her.

"Twilight, slow down, take a breath, and start over". Twilight did what Reiner said too, and told him what had happened.

"You guys we're right about Spike being jealous. Eariler I caught him trying to set up Owlowiscious by trying to make it seem like he killed a mosue". Reiner gasped in shock.

"I knew it was bad, but I didn't think he snoop that low". He stated.

"When I wanted to talk to him about it he wasn't home. I can only assume he ran away, and I need your's and Bertholdt's help to find him, please Reiner"! Twilight begged.

"Of course Bertholdt, and I will help you find Spike" Reiner stated. "Right Bertholdt"?

"You bet, I'll help however I can". Bertholdt replied.

"Thanks you guys". Twilight smiled as the four of them set off to find Spike. Meanwhile Spike was wondering through the Everfree Forest feeling misarble.

"Twilight hates me. I'm cold, hungry, tired and lonely. Could it get any worse?" He asked. All of a sudden there was a sound of thunder, and soon it started raining. "I guess that's a yes". Spike stated sarcasticaly. Fourtently Spike spoted a cave where he could stay dry. Walking towards he slowy peared inside. "Hello? Hello"? He quietly called out. When no one answered, and another clap of thunder happened Spike rushed inside. He looked around, and then he's eyes spotted something wonderful. it was a whole pile of delicous tasty gemstones. "What is that? If this is what running away is all about, I never wanna go home! Gems! Mmm... Woohoo!" He exclaimed as he began eating them.

Spike sat in the pile of gems devouring them away, and while he did have all of these gems to himself, he still felt sadness in his heart.

"Even if my tummy's full, the rest of me is still empty. I miss Twilight and the pony gang. But she doesn't love me anymore. So, I'm better off here, all by myself." He said to himself. As Spike ate more gemestones he then remebered back to a few hours eariler. "YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, BECAUSE YOU. DON'T. HAVE. PARENTS"! An overwhelming sense of guilt washed over Spike. "Why did I say those things to Apple Bloom? She was only trying to help, and now It's too late for me to apologize to her". Spike stated as he closed his eyes, and continue to eat the gems, a few tears falling from his eyes. He sat in silence for awhile when he soon started to feel hotter, and hotter. "Seems to be getting warmer. The steam is great for my complexion, but it's sure getting hot in here". Spike stated. Curious as to what was causing the sudden rise in heat Spike turned around, and came face to face with a large, angry green dragon.

"What are you doing in my cave? And why are you eating my gems?" The dragon demanded. Spike gulped, he tried to think of an excues.

"Uh, heyah bro! I didn't know this was your cave. And I didn't know these were your gems, but... we're cool, right?" Spike asked. However the green dragon just growled in response.

"Whoa, whoa! Hey... We're like brothers, you know? I mean, you're a dragon, I'm a dragon... It's us against the world, right?" Spike asked though his voice was quivering. This time the green dragon roared loudly.

"You don't scare me"! Spike declared. This made the green dragon angrier, but Spike continued. "So you're big"! He said, but soon gulped when he took a good look at the dragon's height. "Really big". The green dragon the sharpened his claws. "Claws super sharp." Finally the green dragon shot a bunch of sharp spikes from it's tail. Tail... extra spiky. But, uh... You don't scare me!" Spike exclaimed. He then shot a small puff of fire breath at the green dragon. "Ha! How'd you like that?" The green dragon responded by shooting a huge blast of fire at Spike. Luckily he manged to dodge the attack. "Uh... I'd love to stay, but gotta go! See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!" Spike said as he began to run. However the green dragon had no intentions of letting Spike get away. It fired it's breath at Spike as the smaller dragon ran under it's body. Spike tried to hide behind a rock, but the green dragon used his tail to smash it. Spike ran throughout the cave until eventually he was cornered, and had no where left to run. Just when it looked like thinks were over Spike heard a familar hooting sound.

"Hoo-hoo!" Owlowiscous and Bertholdt Hoover we're flying towards the green dragon.

"Get away from him"! Bertholdt yelled as he and Owlowiscous flew around the dragon greatly annoying it. As the Dragon tried to swat them away Reiner came charging into the cave, and went up to Spike.

"Come on"! He ordered. Spike did as he was told, and together he and Reiner began to run.

"Spike! Over here"! Twilight called from the cave entrance. Spike and Reiner ran to the exit.

"Am I glad to see you!" Spike exclaimed.

"Hurry hop on"! Twilight told him. Spike hopped on to Twilight's back as she and Reiner began to run, Owlowiscous, and Bertholdt following close behind. However the green dragon was not done yet, and began to chase after them. To make matters worse there was hardly any light.

"It's too dark! I can't see"! Twilight cried.

"Neither can I"! Exclaimed Reiner. Fourtentley Owlowiscous flew infront of them

"Hoo! Hoo-hoo!" He said. They all immeidetly understood that Owlowiscous was telling them that he could see in the dark, and therefore lead them to safety. So they kept on running, until finally the green dragon cave up it's chase, and all five creatures were safe.

"Spike. We were so worried about you. I was so worried about you. Why did you run away?" Twilight asked. Spike just looked down.

"This is a conversation you too need to have". Reiner stated. He and Bertholdt stepped back as Twilight waited for Spike to respond. Finally the baby dragon sighed.

"I thought you didn't need me anymore. And that you didn't love me anymore." Spike replied.

"Spike. Sure, I was disappointed, but you are my number one assistant! And friend. And you always will be. It's just that sometimes I need some help at night. I can't ask you to stay up late. You're a baby dragon and you need your rest. Owls are nocturnal. So I asked Owlowiscious to help. But not to take your place. No one could ever replace you, Spike. Not even when you are being a jealous numbskull." Twilight explained.

"We tried to tell you that Spike, but you were so busy trying to prove yourself that you didn't listen". Reiner stated. Spike sighed.

"I'm sorry everyone, I shouldn't have been so jealous" He said.

"And I'm sorry too, I should have been more senstieve". Twilight replied. Spike then looked up at Owlowiscous.

"And Owlowiscious... I know now that you weren't out to take my job. Forgive me?"

"Hoo"? Owlowiscous said.

"Me. Forgive me, Spike." Spike replied.

"Hoo". Owlowiscous said again as Spike looked on in confusion.

"He forgives you Spike." Twilight stated. Spike sighed in relief hearing that.

"So how did you guys find me anyways"? Spike asked.

"We followed your footprints that you left with the ketchup". Reiner stated.

"Oh." Spike replied. "I'm sorry I tried to frame you Owlowiscous".

"It's okay Spike". Twilight stated. Then Spike gasped.

"Apple Bloom! I said something really mean to Apple Bloom earlier! I've got to". Spike began only for Twilight to stop him.

"Spike I spoke to her already, and she wanted me to tell you that she forgives you".

"She does'? Spike asked. Twilight nodded, and Spike smiled.

"Come on, let's go home". Reiner stated.

Back at the Golden Oak Libary Twilight and Spike were getting ready to write the friendship report to Princess Celestia.

"I know Princess Celestia will wanna read about what happened today..." Twilight stated.

"I'm ready when you are"! Spike said. Twilight was about to start resiting the letter, when she got an idea.

"Hey, Spike. Why don't you write to Princess Celestia? And tell her what you've learned?" She suggested.

"Really? Why, that's a big responsibility!" Spike stated.

"I know, but nothing my number one assiatant can't handle". Twilight said confendidtly. So Spike did just that.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
This is Spike, writing to you about my adventures. This week I've learned that being jealous and telling lies gets you nowhere in friendship. I also learned that there's plenty of love for every friend to share. So from here on out, I promise, that I, Spike, will..." However he fell asleep before he could finish.

"Oh Spike". Twilight giggled.

"Hoo"? Said Owlowiscous causing Twilight to look up in confusion.

"Who? Spike! You kno..." Twilight began before realizng. "Ohhhh..." She giggled.

The next moring Spike was walking across town again when he spotted Apple Bloom with Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Seeing the three filles Spike walked up to them. When they saw him Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo glared at him, it was clear Apple Bloom had told them what he had said, and they weren't too happy with him. Spike sighed.

"Hi Apple Bloom, can I, uh talk to you"? Spike asked.

"I don't know, can you"? Scootaloo responded coldly, a reaction Spike was expecting, but Apple Bloom put her hoof up.

"Scootaloo let him speak". Apple Bloom stated. Scootaloo nodded her head in understanding as she and Sweetie Belle left. Apple Bloom looked at Spike, and smiled. "Hi Spike, what do you need"? She asked as the sun sparkled down on her.

"Goddess". Spike said intetrnaly before looking striaght at Apple Bloom. "Listen, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for what I said to you yesterday, I was angry, and wasn't thinking striaght. "You were right I let my jealousy get the best of me, and I took my anger out the ponies who care about me most. I just really hope you can forgive me". Spike said praticaly begging. Apple Bloom smiled, grabbed her crutches, limped over to Spike, and gave him a big hug.

"I forgive you Spike". She stated as Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo joined in the hug as well.

Preview
When her friends find excues to not come to her parties, Pinkie begins to investage and suspects that they plan to get rid of her, causing her to loose herself. Can her friends clear up the misunderstanding before it's too late?

Next Episode.
Party of One

Author's Note:

Characters in Order of Appearance

  1. Spike
  2. Twilight Sparkle
  3. Reiner Braun
  4. Bertholdt Hoover
  5. Applejack
  6. Fluttershy
  7. Apple Bloom
  8. Rarity
  9. Sweetie Belle
  10. Rainbow Dash
  11. Scootaloo
  12. Pinkie Pie
  13. Sweetie Drops
  14. Shoeshine
  15. Owlowiscious
  16. Davenport
  17. Daisy
  18. Lyra Heartstrings
  19. Lemon Hearts
  20. Goldengrape
  21. Roseluck
  22. Lilly Valley
  23. Gostir
PreviousChapters Next