• Published 4th Jun 2019
  • 1,186 Views, 113 Comments

The Horizon Adventures - GT3RS



The Main 7 take on Horizon Britain. A crossover story between MLP:EG and Forza Horizon 4.

  • ...
2
 113
 1,186

The Trials: Street Racing

"Girls, wake up!"

"Girls, girls!"

Sunset's senses started to slowly awaken, she could hear the voice of a familiar purple car enthusiast.

Her eyes slowly but surely opened, revealing five other girls still asleep with Twilight trying to desperately wake them, Sunset's brain was still trying to boot up.

"Wah? Twi, what are you doing?"

"Oh nothing, just waking you all up! It's eight in the morning and I planned an entire day for us in Edinburgh!"

Sunset fully sat up straight, her brain now functioning normally, "What."

Twilight shook Fluttershy's shoulder as she spoke, "I thought you could all use a break from racing, I don't need to, but it's a fun day out!"

Rainbow slowly turned over and looked towards Twilight, "That... Doesn't sound like a bad idea," she said sleepily. "Just give us five more minutes."

She then flopped back asleep, to no one's surprise.


After the girls woke up and got ready, they hopped in their cars and set off for the historic city of Edinburgh. Twilight, knowing the world of Horizon Britain like the back of her hand, lead the way.

Rarity suggested that the girls connect to a Snapgap group call so that they can still talk and to see if anyone broke off from the convoy.

After a long, slow, and to Twilight an agonisingly boring trip with an average speed of 13mph, the girls ended up outside of the Grapes Lounge and Restaurant.

One by one the cars pulled up, catching the eyes of various onlookers.

Some took their phones out and snapped photos, some whispered in awe at the luxurious machines and two kids ran up to the girls to ask what cars they were.

As Twilight was walking away from the purple Apollo, she caught a fully grown adult say, "Woah, it looks like the Batmobile!"

She mentally and physically cringed upon hearing that last word.

The Grapes Lounge and Restaurant was a respectable establishment, in classical English fashion it had outside tables, a bar inside and the obligatory horrific public bathrooms.

The group of seven entered, apparently the world of Horizon wasn't like the videogame where everything was automated.

They walked up to the front counter and looked at the menu, various choices ranging from soft drinks to ice cream.

After quickly deciding on what would be ordered, the girls ran into a very peculiar problem... What they would pay with.

Applejack pulled out a large stack of British Pounds and presented it to the group, "Ah found this in the glove compartment of mah truck," she said. "Don't know about y'all but if we're lucky y'all should also have some too."

A young male cashier walked up to the counter and asked what the girls would like.

Coca Colas and small snacks were all he got in response, after a few minutes he brought them to the girls and received his payment.

"Thank you!" Pinkie Pie said as the group headed for the door.

No one gave us odd stares, like we weren't from another world, Twilight thought, it was beginning to rattle her brain how no one noticed the group as being from out of town. So how did Maverick know? How could he see that we were from another dimension but no one else does? They just think we're normal girls with nice cars, this is a different world from the Forza game after all.

As Twilight's brain went to war with itself, she didn't notice where she was walking and bumped straight into another person, sending them both to the ground.

"Oi, want to watch where you're goin' mate?"

Twilight looked up to see that she had knocked over a young man who was the literal embodiment of 'chav'.

He wore a white pair of Nike Air Force 1's, a grey and black Adidas tracksuit with short brown hair covered by a snapback that rested atop his head. The standard of anyone living in a British city like Edinburgh.

Twilight got herself up off the pavement and extended an arm to him, "Sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going, my apologies."

He took her hand and got up, looking mildly annoyed, "It's cool."

Twilight meant to say more but before she could he turned around and walked away, she decided to do the same and return to her car.

Just before she got settled back in, there was a strong tap on her shoulder.

Twilight turned around to see the young male again, she thought it might have been because she dropped something but quickly learned that wasn't what he had returned for...

"You're with these cars?" he said, looking more annoyed than last time.

Twilight smiled, "Yes, they're nice aren't they?"

"Yeah, yeah, they're nice but you in our ends, get me?"

"Ends? I don't understand," Twilight replied, looking confused.

He reached into his tracksuit pocket and pulled out a small switchblade, in full view of the six girls behind him, "You will in a minute bruv, if you don't get your cars outta here."

Twilight's eyes honed in on the knife and they widened immensely, she took a giant step back, fear covering her entire body as it began to shake.

It was at this moment that Rainbow Dash opened her car door and stepped out, her expression was one of pure anger. The other five girls soon followed, looking more shocked.

She loudly but proudly got the man's attention by shouting, "Oi! You got a problem?"

He turned around and glared at her, "Yeah, I fuckin' do with you lasses comin' to our ends, we the Edinburgh Speed Demons, I'm the leader Danny G, get me?"

Rainbow took three strong strides up to him and got in his face while he got in hers.

"Yeah, I get you. You got us? If you want to throw hands I'm ready to throw hands," she announced.

Danny simply smirked and backed up, pocketing the knife, "Nah bruv, how about your leader races me?"

Everyone's eyes turned towards Twilight, who was on the verge of tears.

Danny caught on and turned around, he looked her over and then laughed.

"You? Ha! I bet you can't drive for shit."

Her friends looked on in shock, Fluttershy had tears streaming down her face. Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Sunset stood there with mouths agape and Rainbow gave a cocky grin.

Twilight glared at him dead in the eyes, "Race me, then."

He stood there for a second, then spoke, "Alright girl, meet us at the NCP Car Park at nine yeah. If you don't show up and we see you again..."

He pointed to his jacket pocket then proceeded to turn and walk to the other side of the road, a blue BMW M3 GTR had been parked there the entire time. He got into it and sped off, not daring to look back.

Six girls stared at the M3, then at Twilight.

What have I gotten us into?


Seven girls walked down the main streets of Edinburgh after a moderately good day out, they tried to keep a positive mood but it was challenging.

"Ah still can't believe that happened, Twi," Applejack said. "Ah don't know what we'd have done if he had..."

Twilight looked to Applejack then looked forward, then back at Applejack, "I know, but it was just so infuriating!"

Pinkie Pie was the only one smiling, though it was strained, "Come on girls, we have—" she pulled out her phone and looked at the time, "—one hour until Twilight has to race that meanie! But you can do it, we know you can!"

Yeah, sure can.


It was time.

Seven girls found themselves surrounded by various types of vehicles, JDM cars, exotics, tuners, even some muscle cars. The NCP Car Park was abuzz with the screeching of tires and the smell of burning rubber permeated the surrounding atmosphere.

They each parked their cars next to some exotics to blend in. No one needed to know they had never planned to show up.

As Twilight got out of her car she decided to check under the hood, as the Apollo Itensa Emozione was a rear engine car she found a space to store luggage. Upon popping the hood open she found it had only one item inside, a large metal flashlight.

Hmm, weird.

It was the typical car meet hosted at night, so that no police would shut down the fun and those who were brave enough could Hoon about to their hearts content.

Twilight wasn't one for meets like this, she preferred convoys or proper events like the Goodwood Festival of Speed where there wasn't any chance of arrest for doing seventy in a thirty zone.

The girls stayed close together, looking for anyone bearing the Edinburgh Speed Demons name on their clothing or on the side of their ride.

Edinburgh Speed Demons... Sounds familiar? Must be some club from the game I had a bad experience with, Twilight thought, she could recall a memory of her being beaten by a Ferrari 488 that rammed her into a wall.

It didn't take long to find Danny G, the so-called leader of the Speed Demons.

"Huh, so you did actually show," he said, eyeing Twilight.

"Mmhmm, let's race. Now." Twilight said impatiently, she didn't want to be here for longer than she had to.

Danny got up from the chair he was sat in and opened the door of his M3, "Okay, jeez, what's up your arse?" he asked.

Twilight ignored him and turned for her Apollo, following the BMW to a nearby set of traffic lights.

There was already a woman at the lights prepared to start the race, she walked up to Twilight's rolled down window and addressed her.

"Follow the green flags, if you go off course, tough luck," she said before walking to the starting line.

Me and off course? They go together like a Mustang and an inexperienced driver. Twilight told herself.

The woman pointed to Danny's car and gave him a nod, after a few seconds she did the same to Twilight who nodded back.

She raised her arms then pulled them down, signalling the start of the race. Danny got off the line first with Twilight second, only because she had never done the street races on Horizon 4, they weren't her type of thing.

Despite the setback, the Intesa Emozione was obviously quicker than the M3 GTR. The first corner was a right turn onto Princes Street, the street with two tramlines running through it. Two in use tramlines running through it.

One line had a tram going at a leisurely pace towards the two cars, Twilight forced her Apollo into a drift and narrowly missed the tram by inches as she came out of the corner and progressed down the main road of Edinburgh City.

Danny was not so lucky, the tram had caught him by surprise and he was a few seconds behind the purple Apollo.

The second corner came into view, another right turn past The Royal Scottish Academy.

Drifting through it again, Twilight looked to the side mirror and caught a brief glimpse of a BMW tailing her, though it was still a bit behind.

A moderately steep hill in the shape of an S was laid out before the racers.

Twilight pulled her car through the bend with no mercy, every little bump in the century old road could be felt through the car's chassis.

Directly after the turn was a 180 consisting of two right turns, leading out of St Giles' Street and onto Castle Hill. The night allowed anyone to clear it without hitting any other cars.

Passing by Edinburgh Castle, the rear-view screen embedded into the dashboard showed no sign of a BMW, to Twilight this was rather confusing but she brushed it off.

The final corner came into view, the feeling of adrenaline rushing through her veins made Twilight savour the moment. She could finally prove that jerk wrong! She could finally—

*Smash*

Twilight was no more than 50 meters away from the finish line when her car was struck, next thing she knew her head was spinning. So was her Apollo.

The track toy came to a stop in the middle of a rather desolate King's Stables Road, the only other car was a certain BMW M3.

Red, that was all that she could see. Twilight was across the finish line before her senses returned. Danny G, had lost.

Her senses, however, did return. Upon stepping out of the car she was greeted by shocked looks from everyone, not just her friends.

They walked over to Twilight and assaulted her with a pile of questions, she held up a hand and said in a low voice tinged with anger, "Get in your cars, start the engines and be prepared to floor it."

Fluttershy shot her a sceptical look, "You're not going to do anything are you?"

"I SAID GET IN YOUR CARS AND BE READY TO FLOOR IT!" Twilight shouted, her friends complied and looked on from their vehicles.

Danny G pulled up to Twilight and got out of his BMW, it only had a minor paint scratch.

"How did you still win?! I should cut you to ribbons right now, you bitch," he spat while walking towards the ongoing car meet.

Twilight let out an almost-maniacal laugh, prompting Danny to turn around. She turned on her heel and walked towards the carbon fibre car she owned, she popped open the hood and gripped the flashlight she had found previously.

Danny looked at her with genuine confusion, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, you'll see."

Twilight closed the hood as she held the flashlight in her right hand, Danny's expression changed from a look of confusion to a look of pure bewilderment.

Twilight looked at him, then at his car. Walking towards it, she positioned her arm to be level with the rear lights and glared at Danny.

"This, is for insulting me."

She brought the flashlight towards the left light, eliciting a loud crack and explosion of glass being shattered.

"This, is for spinning me out."

She walked up to the driver window and swiftly took it out, glass and blood covered her arm but she wasn't concerned.

"And this, is for being a prick."

Walking around to the front lights, she pulverised both of them with two easy swings, dropped the flashlight and ran back to her car.

Before jumping in, Twilight looked back at Danny and gave him the middle finger. He just stood there, mouth agape.

Pulling away from the scene, Twilight got in front of her friend's cars and started the convoy to the Festival.

Author's Note:

SURPRISE CHAPTER!!

Twilight was pretty out of character for this chapter, but she's always been in this fic.

The route is based off of the Princes Street Gardens circuit, which itself is based off of a circuit in the original Xbox game Project Gotham Racing 2, little fun fact for y'all.

If you want a visualisation of the circuit, I found a video!

https://youtu.be/2Q8iZSMzs_k