• Published 4th Jun 2019
  • 1,185 Views, 113 Comments

The Horizon Adventures - GT3RS



The Main 7 take on Horizon Britain. A crossover story between MLP:EG and Forza Horizon 4.

  • ...
2
 113
 1,185

The Trials: Road Racing

Applejack and Twilight were sat cross-legged on the floor, Twilight looking towards the wall. The five other girls were indulging in various activities.

"This'll hurt a bit, Twi."

"Okay, can you just do it already?"

Applejack gently mended Twilight's right arm as she had more experience with First Aid than any of the girls. The only reason they didn't go to one of the paramedics is because they couldn't explain an arm covered in broken glass without saying Twilight had destroyed a BMW and participated in a street race. That would get her in trouble with not only the Festival but the law enforcement, if there was any.

"Ow... Ow! Okay, stop stop," yelped Twilight.

"Ah don't mean to be harsh, but ya kiiinda did do in a car window," Applejack said.

"I wasn't gonna just stand there!" Twilight exclaimed.

Rainbow looked up from her phone, "I think it was awesome! Sure, you got broken glass over your arm, but you showed that guy that no one messes with Twilight!"

Applejack turned towards Rainbow, "Well what if that guy had done what he'd said he'd do, stab Twilight, what would ya do then?"

"I... Don't know. But he didn't, so that's a good thing right?"

Sunset got out of her sleeping bag and sat next to Twilight, "We just don't want you to get hurt, that's all."

Twilight looked down at her crossed legs and smiled, "Thanks, girls."


The girls got up early the next day, no one had wanted to but Twilight had forced them to.

"You'll need to be ready, we're doing Road Racing today!" Twilight said while she jumped up and down.

No more than an hour later, the girls were sat down in the main building's lobby with Maverick, the Lead Strategist of the Festival. He had good news and bad news.

"I've gotten a promotion!" Maverick exclaimed with glee.

"What to?" Fluttershy asked.

Maverick turned around and showed off his new jacket, Horizon PR Team was printed into the back.

"Ooh, nice!" Pinkie said.

"The only problem is, I can't teach you girls how to race anymore."

"WHAT!" Twilight yelled. "B-but we need you to help us! We'll probably get kicked out of the Festival!"

Maverick promptly shushed her, "Hey I never said you were gonna just get dropped like that, I want you to meet someone."

Sunset raised her eyebrow, "Who?"

He gestured with a hand, "Follow me."

The girls followed him outside, just in time to see a white Porsche GT3 RS in Martini Racing livery pull up.

A young male no older than twenty-two stepped out of the driver's door. He had brown spiky hair and pale white skin, he wore a white collared shirt held together by a red bow tie, navy blue waistcoat, navy blue trousers and navy blue brogues. Twilight thought he looked rather charming.

"Maverick! Nice to see you!" he said in a deep voice before embracing Maverick in a hug.

Maverick turned towards the girls, "Meet Luke, the Festival Director," he turned towards Luke. "Luke, meet the girls I was telling you about earlier."

Luke put on a smile, "Hey! Maverick told me you girls are excellent racers."

Rainbow Dash punched the air, "Yep! We're the best racers this Festival is ever gonna see!"

Luke overlooked the girls, taking a second longer on Twilight who was shifting between him and the GT3 RS, "I sure hope so."

Maverick pulled out a vibrating phone from his pocket and held it to his ear, "Hello, this is Maverick... Oh, I'll be right over."

He turned his attention towards the girls, "I've got to go, the PR Team need my help setting up a Drift Zone."

"We'll see you again, right?" Twilight asked with worry in her voice.

"Of course, I'll still be around the Festival, you'll be in good hands with Luke though. Catch you later!" he said before walking towards the car park for Horizon Staff.

"So, Maverick told me you girls are from 'out-of-town' right?" Luke said.

"Y-yes, we are." Rarity said, choosing her words carefully.

Luke saw she was trying not to reveal their secret, "Relax, I can keep a secret. You're from another world or something? It would explain the weird skin colours and hair."

"Okay, yes. We are from another world. A world where this world is a video game, I was driving my Porsche GT3 RS and the game teleported us here!“ Twilight admitted.

Luke's eyes widened, "That's freakin' awesome!"

"It was actually in the same livery as your one." Twilight said.

"You're not gonna kick us out or anything, are you Sir?" Fluttershy mewled.

Luke looked at Fluttershy and gave a sympathetic smile, "No way, but you need to get home right?"

"We need to get home by applying for the 'Horizon Roster' as Twilight calls it. She's kind of the reason we're stuck here in the first place," Sunset pointed out.

"I am not! My game is!" Twilight interjected, scowling.

Luke looked at Twilight and laughed, then abruptly stopped, "Your arm, it's covered in a bandage!"

Twilight nervously laughed, "Oh yeah, hehe."

"What happened? I won't tell anyone, promise."

"Okay fine, so me and my friends were in Edinburgh and we ran into an... Unfriendly person. They turned out to be a street racer and challenged us to a race. He threatened to stab me if I didn't take him up on it so I did, he then spun me out so I... Broke his window with a metal flashlight," Twilight confessed.

Luke's expression had gone from worried to distraught to shocked throughout Twilight's recount.

"So your arm is..."

"Bandaged because of the broken glass, he never stabbed me," Twilight said.

"Did you go to the paramedics?" Luke asked.

"We can't, Ah bandaged her arm up because Ah know First Aid, but it would be weird if seven girls just randomly showed up out'a nowhere and didn't look like y'all, we can't go around showin' ourselves willy nilly," Applejack said.

Luke nodded, "Understandable," he turned to Twilight. "So your arm is okay?"

"Yeah."

"What about your car?"

"It's in the parking lot, I think he chipped some of the paint off," Twilight said glumly.

"That won't be too expensive. C'mon, I'll pay for it. Being Festival Director gets you some pretty good benefits," Luke said while walking towards the main parking lot.

"How'd you become the director thingy anyway? It must be so fun!" Pinkie asked.

While Luke was explaining that his business-orientated father had given him the money to kick start the first festival four years ago, he caught Twilight looking at him with a slight blush on her cheeks, she quickly looked away.

"Well, your car has to be here right?" he said to Twilight.

"Hehe, yeah it is," Twilight said, still blushing.

She lead the group to a familiar Apollo IE dressed in purple carbon fibre. The rear left bumper had been completely obliterated.

Luke stared in horror and shock, before kneeling down and hugging the rear of the Apollo, "An Intensa, why?! Why did this happen!" he said overdramatically before getting back up with a cheeky smirk.

Six girls burst out laughing, Twilight however just smirked and crossed her arms, "I'd do the same thing, they don't understand that's a one million dollar hypercar with more years of development put into it than their grades."

It was Luke's turn to burst out laughing as the girls abruptly stopped and glared at Twilight, before laughing even harder.


Luke had called for a tow truck to take the Apollo to the repair shop ran by the Festival, there were unfortunately no replacement cars for the girls to use this time.

"You can use my GT3 RS if you want," Luke said, "I'll ride with you."

Twilight's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates, "W-wow, thank you so much! I've been using it so much in game it's going to be great handling the real thing!"

Luke handed her the keys and got into the passenger seat, Twilight took hold of the wheel and gave Luke a devilish grin.

"Are there any cops? I want to really push this to it's limits!" Twilight asked.

"Cops? Don't think so." Luke replied.

"Oh, alright then!"

The rest of the girls hopped into their cars and set a route on the built-in SatNav to Edinburgh Station. Twilight wasn't going to wait for them this time.

"Should we stay with your friends or meet them ther— whoa!"

Twilight pulled a 180 degree turn, pushed back into her seat from the brutal acceleration, near missing a parked Subaru.

Hauling ass out of the southern Festival gates as she hit 140mph, she could feel the adrenaline starting to spike, nothing short of pure exhilaration!

"D-don't you think you should slow down a little bit?!" Luke asked frantically.

"Nope!"

The small village of Broadway was nothing more than a prismatic blur through the window, Twilight was used to traffic so the absence of any cars made her feel even more compelled to really push the throttle.

The speedometer read 230, then 210, then 170 as Twilight pulled the snow white car through a steep bend, one that she liked to call 'the turn after Broadway that's perfect for high speed drifting'.

Instead of catching some air over the roundabout that kicked off the M 68, Twilight reluctantly pulled through the roundabout.

Luke clearly hadn't pushed his car to the lengths Twilight did, "Please tell me you're not going to go that fast, right?"

"Of course I am!" she replied enthusiastically.

They passed through two tunnels, hitting 240mph after leaving the second one.

Before anyone had any idea of what was going on, the Porsche was pulling off of the M 68 and heading towards Edinburgh, the rules of the road dictated that cars take the third exit on this roundabout...

Twilight slammed on the brakes and cut across to the opposite side of the road, narrowly missing a bus and making the third exit her first.

"Are you crazy? Seriously, slow down!" Luke yelled.

Twilight chuckled nonchalantly, "Relax, I've got this."

She however did start to decelerate, only to make sure Luke didn't die of a heart attack.

Passing Edinburgh Castle, Twilight swore she saw a blue BMW M3 GTR. She was all the more certain as she was only doing 45mph.

Edinburgh Station came into view, no other cars matching her friend's cars in sight.

Of course we got here first.

"No one's here, guess we should wait." Twilight said, looking to her right at the open passenger door.

Luke had jumped out and gotten as far away from the car as he could, "Yeah, let's just wait."


The pair had to wait a while for it took almost ten minutes for Sunset and Rarity to arrive, though they looked to be alone.

"Hey guys, you the only ones here?" Sunset asked, stepping out of her Lamborghini Aventador SV.

"Yep, I guess you two shot ahead?" Luke replied.

"Indeed, I couldn't simply wait for Fluttershy any longer," Rarity added, locking her Ferrari.

Ironically, Fluttershy was the next to arrive in her Dodge Charger. She could use the seven hundred and seven horsepower when she wanted to.

Rainbow, Applejack and Pinkie soon arrived after, bringing their cars with them.

"Great, everyone's here, I'll go get the route ready for you," Luke said before walking over to the Festival Staff, which included Maverick, over the other side of the road.

Twilight watched him walk over to the staff across the road, a warm fluttery feeling gathering in her. One she hadn't ever felt except the first encounter she had with her ex-boyfriend Timber Spruce at Camp Everfree.

"And what has you blushing like that?" Rarity asked with a coy smile.

Twilight was pulled out of her thoughts, "What? Me, blushing? I was uh..."

The rest of the girls turned back and looked at her, wearing similar smiles to Rarity. Pinkie leapt over, stopping mere inches from Twilight's face, "Oh, you like someone! Who is it, who is it?"

Twilight stepped back, regaining her composure, "I was thinking about the weather! I don't like anyone, nope, not at all!"

"I don't think clouds and clear skies can make a girl blush like that, Twi." Rainbow added.

"Come now, you can tell us darling," Rarity pleaded.

Applejack stepped over and pulled Pinkie away from Twilight, "C'mon girls, if she don't wanna tell us she don't have to."

Thank you, Applejack! Twilight thought.

Rainbow gave her a smug grin, "I have a pretty good idea of who it is anyways."

"You? Getting first in something other than soccer? Wow." Twilight deadpanned.

Before the tension could escalate, Luke came back with a laptop in hand.

"Okay, here's the route," he said, turning the laptop to the girls, "I'm sure you've already done Dirt Racing and Cross Country so this shouldn't be that hard."

Twilight chose to temporarily relinquish the spotlight and let one of her friends drive first, only so she could show them how it's done.

Boy do I sound egotistical. Twilight's brain inwardly said, she couldn't help but reluctantly agree.

Could anyone blame her though? Rainbow had sports, Fluttershy had animals, Applejack had... Apples. The farm, to be specific. Rarity had dresses, Pinkie Pie had baking and Sunset had her Twitch channel.

"Twilight!“

Pulled from her thoughts once again by six voices, Twilight went ahead with her plans of letting someone else race first.

"One of you can go first, I don't mind waiting." She said.

Fluttershy opted to go first and get it over and done with. It just gave Twilight more time to remember when she was racing the route in a McLaren F1.

The girls were indulging in conversation as Fluttershy and Luke returned in his GT3 RS, Fluttershy didn't even look scared.

"That was... Actually quite exciting!" she exclaimed.

Upon seeing Fluttershy step out of the car, Pinkie Pie zipped over, "Oh, oh, I'll go next!"

Before anyone knew it, the car vanished through the first right turn.

Time seemed to go faster in this world than back home, or maybe Twilight had just dived head first into her thoughts, but she found herself at the wheel of an all too familiar Porsche after almost no time at all.

There isn't much to do here, so it's most likely the second option...

Luke decided to let Twilight drive solo, unlike the other girls.

"I've seen your driving and it's honestly terrifying, just don't crash the car okay?" he asked.

"Got it."

The overhead lights changed to green and Twilight pulled away from the starting line, obliterating the grip of the tires and heading towards the first right turn.

She didn't need to explain why the Porsche GT3 RS was her favourite car, it did it for her, pulling through the turn with grace and agility.

While Twilight wasn't opposed to gushing over how amazing the car was, she still had to race.

A left turn was up next, Twilight decided to do the most insane thing she could...

Pull a 180 and go backwards through the turn.

Pulling a second 180 at the apex, Twilight blasted back to break neck speeds. The whole ordeal took no more than three seconds.

She found herself directly next to a Tram stop, luckily there wasn't a Tram in sight.

Turning right onto York Place, Twilight could see a large roundabout about 300 meters up the road.

Drift? Drift.

Her temporary car worked wonders as it left four slivers of molten rubber burned into the road, and thick smoke that permeated the surrounding air.

A few more turns later and Twilight could see her friends in sight, watching her dominate the roads of Edinburgh like no other.

Pulling up to the curb, she could see Luke behind the barriers with the laptop used to record lap times in his hands.

Twilight confidently left the car, walking over to him with an excess amount of glee in her step.

"So, what are the times?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows as she set her hands down on the barrier.

Luke was caught between being shocked and impressed, "I... I... I have no idea what I'm actually looking at right now."

Twilight vaulted over the barrier, "Let me look."

The screen read; Twilight - 0:45.062.

Luke set down the laptop and crossed his arms, "That is the fastest time for this track out of any car we've ever put on it. I knew my car was good, but..."

"YES!"

Twilight was ecstatic, she was Number 1 in the entire Festival! For that route at least.

Her friends came over to check out their times, no one looked unhappy with what they got.

"OI!"

Twilight turned around to see the one person she didn't want to see, her feeling of triumph replaced by absolute horror and crushing fear.

He looked no different than before, but his car had it's window shattered into a million pieces.

Danny G walked up to the barrier, "I fuckin' knew I saw you earlier!" he said with his left hand behind his back, which was unnoticed by Twilight.

"Oh crap..." Twilight mewled.

Luke stood up from the chair he was sat in, "Mate who are you?"

"I'm the guy that's gonna fuckin' cut that bitch right up." Danny said before leaping over the barrier.

Twilight's posture crumbled as he revealed a three inch switchblade in his hand.

Luke walked over and stopped in front of Twilight, "No you're not." he said before grabbing Danny by the wrist and squeezing hard, so hard that the knife dropped from Danny's hand within seconds.

His right hand drew back and connected with Luke square in the nose, who stumbled back but regained balance as Danny picked up his blade.

Wiping drops of dripping blood from under his nose, Luke walked over to a table three feet away and took hold of a solid metal wrench.

"Go on, get his ass!" Rainbow cheered.

"I want you all to get ready to peel out of here, now." Luke commanded, there was nothing but hostility in his usually calm voice.

No one argued, everyone got into their cars quicker than when Twilight had asked the day before.

Danny and Luke faced each other, both of them held what would definitely be called weapons.

Danny took the plunge, charging towards Luke and swinging his knife. Luke dodged the knife and ended up behind Danny, where he held the wrench and jabbed it into Danny's back. It sent him straight onto the floor.

Luke went to restrain the arms of his foe but got an elbow to the chest, Danny launched himself up and threw his knife at the Festival Director.

He rolled across the pavement and pulled his body to a standing position. Wrench in hand, he brought it directly to the face of Danny with the strength to match some supercars.

Danny crumpled to the floor as blood streaked from the left side of his head, his breathing became heavy and quick.

Luke's blue suit was stained with dirt and specks of blood, but he didn't care. He leaped over the metal barrier that blocked him from the road.

Sprinting to his car, Luke forewent asking to drive and sat in the passenger seat.

"Get us out of here, now!" He yelled.

Twilight obliged and the rest of the girls followed along, their destination was anywhere other than Edinburgh Station.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." a hyperventilating Luke choked out. "I can't believe I did that!"

"Thank you? I mean..." Twilight tried to remedy the situation.

"Everything just... I feel like that wasn't even me doing it,"

Twilight slightly blushed as she placed one hand on his shoulder, "Relax, he's the reason my arm is in bandages, I don't blame you."

"Heh. Thanks I guess," Luke sighed, "So what now?"

"I say we forget this ever happened, and we go back to the Festival and get a good night's sleep." Sunset replied through the group call.

"Oh yeah, I was going to ask. Where are you lot staying at?" Luke said down the line.

"One of the spare rooms in the main building, Maverick said it was alright," Rarity responded.

"I mean... You could stay at mine if you want. It's in Derwent, so you won't be that far from the Festival itself and there isn't any chance that staff would find you camping out in a spare room. If you want that is,"

Seven voices replied with answers of "Yes!", "Yea!" and "Absolutely!"


A white mansion built in English fashion was situated before a convoy of seven cars, Twilight already knew how to get there with no help needed.

"Wow, I've always wanted to see inside this place!" she gleefully mentioned.

Walking inside, Luke showed the girls a large room with red walls and a large chandelier dangling from the ceiling that glistened like diamonds.

Rarity spun around and marvelled at the place, "I do love the decor, absolutely exquisite."

Luke lead the way to the largest room in the mansion, large enough to fit eight or nine beds. It was currently filled with two carpets and a wooden desk.

"I think you should all be able to fit in here, now if we had something for you to sleep in..."

A nonexistent lightbulb lit up over Fluttershy's head, "The spare room! All of our stuff is in the spare room, including the sleeping bags Maverick gave us."

Luke smiled, "That guy is great, nice to everyone. I'll go get it for you, hey um... Applejack, can I borrow your truck?"

Applejack tossed him the keys to her Mercedes X-Class, "Sure thing sugercube!"

Luke walked out the front door, but poked his head back inside, "Make yourselves at home, I'll be half an hour at most!"

He closed the door and hopped into Applejack's truck. As the sound of the three litre V6 faded, the girls were left with an empty house to themselves.

Sunset leaned against the blue wall, "I can't believe what happened back there. I mean, I can because it did happen, but it's crazy."

Rainbow let her grin show, "Yeah, like, what if he had-"

Twilight shot Rainbow's question down instantly, "Nothing would have happened, just don't say anything more."

"I agree, it was really terrifying," Fluttershy squeaked.

Rainbow mumbled, "Suit yourself."

The girls spent the next ten minutes exploring the house, they found the living room which had a fifty inch television set up on the wall.

Thirty minutes of watching TV later, Maverick returned with all of the girl's possessions. They helped bring them into the room they now occupied.

"Would you look at the time... Its already ten. I'm gonna turn in," Luke stated.

Sunset raised an eyebrow, "You go to bed at ten?"

"Yeah, being the director of the Festival requires a decent amount of sleep. I'm not here to be your parent or anything, but don't stay up until like three in the morning, goodnight."

"Goodnight!" seven voices echoed.

Author's Note:

If you wanted to see how the drive from the Festival to Edinburgh Station roughly plays out, check this link.

https://youtu.be/KnUMrly5LDU

Blame Microsoft for only being able to record in 720p, I'm working on getting a 1080p capture card.