• Published 11th May 2019
  • 8,942 Views, 161 Comments

My adorkable marefriend - SkarinOfAtmora



After years of being friends, Twilight realises she might feel something more for the Ponyville resident human named Ryan.

  • ...
33
 161
 8,942

4 - Obligatory reactions

Skarin walked through Ponyville-wait, wrong story. Uhhhh, RYAN, yes, Ryan walked through Ponyville the next morning with an extra pep in his step. Last night was a little chaotic but the results spoke for themselves. He was now officially dating his best friend Twilight Sparkle and he couldn't be more happy about it.

It was early in the morning, the Sun was barely up and a few ponies were already getting ready for their daily business. Ryan on the other hand was doing his daily routine of waking up early, getting ready and go wake his best friend. Or as he would be reffering to her from this point on, his marefriend. That brings a smile to his face. Ryan thought his dopey smile was the reason ponies were giving him odd looks but after something tickled his ear he smiled even wider. Twilight's feather was safely tucked behind his right ear as a sign that he was spoken for. After they were doused in water by a single storm cloud, Ryan took Twilight to her home and she finally managed to explain that the feather would let everyone know they were dating. And no, Ryan didn't stay for coffee so after a lenghty kiss goodbye he went home to change clothes and went to sleep.

Which brings us back to this morning and Ryan picking up a fresh cup of coffee from Sugarcube Corner. Sure enough, once he entered, Ryan found Pinkie Pie behind the counter, Twilight's coffee in hand and a grin so big it would wrap around her head if possible.

"Morning Pinkie." Ryan greeted and Pinkie continued to smile with stars in her eyes. He could swear she would burst from excitement any second "Yes, the date went well." he took the coffee cup and Pinkie nodded vigorously "I think Skittles had something to do with the rain." her head nodded even faster "I brought her home, we kissed and I went back to my place." her head was moving so fast it was almost a blur. Ryan set the money on the counter and waved goodbye "And about the party-" he couldn't even finish when Pinkie jumped over the counter and took Ryan into a bone-crushing hug.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!"

"M-me too..." Ryan croaked out and tried very hard not to spill Twilight's coffee.

"I'm going to throw you the biggest, bestest and awesomest party EVERRRRRR!!!" she suddenly released him and Ryan took a deep breath of air.

"I'm sure you will." Ryan eyed the coffee cup and sighed in relief. Not a drop spilled. He looked over to Pinkie who bounced around the cafe shouting about how great the party will be "Sooooooo I'm gonna' go now..." he chuckled at her antics and made a slow retreat. Ryan liked Pinkie a lot but right now he had a lavender mare to wake up. Getting safely out of Sugarcube Corner, Ryan continued his trek towards Twilight's castle. He wasn't even ten feet away from Sugarcube when he heard yelling from above.

"Watch out below!" upon hearing the tomboyish voice, Ryan did a simple side-step as a cyan pegasus hit the ground with her hooves and skidded to a halt a few feet away "Morning!" Rainbow Dash said while blowing away her mane from her eyes "Nice weather we're having!" she said with a sly grin.

"Better than last night at least." Ryan approached with a smirk "How ya' doin', Skittles?" he extended his arm for a fist-bump.

"Awesome as ever." RD inspected her finger nails nonchalantly "And I didn't hear you complain about the weather last night." she grinned at Ryan who rolled his eyes.

"Well I did have my mouth full at the time." he replied with a smirk.

"Oooooh I bet you did!" Rainbow wiggled her brows suggestively "Was it good? Did you use tongue? Need me to be your wing-mare again?"

"Skittles, I could tell you how it was the best kiss of my life, how I felt butterflies in my stomach or some other mushy stuff. " Rainbow raised an amused brow "Or I could tell you that if it weren't for those other ponies arond you'd have some steamy clop material for later." Rainbow's cheeks took the color of one of her red strands of mane. She quickly shook her head and grinned at Ryan.

"I didn't think she had it in her to jump you like that." Ryan shrugged his shoulders.

"Can't really complain."

"Well I held you up long enough. Twilight needs her coffee." she raised her hand up "See you later! Up top!" Ryan reached but Rainbow took her hand down with a smirk "Down low!" then Ryan booped her on the nose and her muzzle scruched up in irritation.

"Too slow." Ryan said with a grin and continued on his way.

"Still not funny." she scratched her muzzle and got ready to take flight. Rainbow barely took off when Ryan called over his shoulder.

"And let someone taste the rainbow already! " he heard a yelp and a crash somewhere from behind and laughed.

"STILL NOT FUNNY!"

"STILL COULD BE SOARIN!" an apple flying by his head a little too close for comfort told Ryan that Rainbow was probably red as the apple she threw and that it was time for her to ask her teammate out. Perhaps he could play cupid now since the girls were nice enough to do it for him. Speaking of the girls, there were two more he'd deffinitely meet on his way to Twilight's. Not that he minded but Ryan really wanted to see his marefriend and see what kind of shenannigans they could get into today. There was never a dull day in Ponyville with Twilight around. Maybe they could go on a picnic with just the two of them?

"Howdy Ryan!" ah, there was that southern accent he knew all too well.

"Morning AJ." Ryan approached her apple filled cart, took an apple and bit into it. Not even giving Applejack a chance to speak he handed her two bits "I know the drill." he said with a smile and continued eating his apple "Any plans for today?"

"The girls and Ah were thinkin' of goin' to the spa today." then she grinned at him "But Ah bet you'd like to spend the day with yer' special somepony."

"No, no. You do your thing, don't mind me. " he waved her off "Besides, even if it's Sunday I still have some work to do."

"Are ya' sure, sugarcube? Ah mean, you did just start datin' an' all."

"Which means we have plenty of time." he finished his apple completely and sighed in content "That's some good apples."

"The only kinds we have!" AJ said proudly and puffed out her chest.

"Though I think orang-"

"Don't you dare." AJ glared at Ryan which only made him laugh.

"Sorry, sorry." AJ shook her head at his antics. Ryan really liked to push some buttons "Anyway, gotta' go unless the coffee gets cold."

"And that'll make Twi' boilin' mad." AJ shuddered at the thought "Guess Ah'll see you later." she extended her hand which Ryan took.

"Later, Jessie." he got used to Applejack' strength so his hand didn't hurt after their handshakes. At least not like before... Damn that mare was strong.

"Why'd ya' keep callin' me Jessie?" Applejack asked confused.

"Cuz' you've got a friend in me. "Ryan replied with a cheeky grin and just as he began walking away AJ called him.

"Before Ah ferget'-" he stopped in place "-Rarity wanted ta' see ya'." a cold shiver ran down his spine. She knew.

"T-thanks, AJ." he stuttered and increased his pace, hoping the fashionista wouldn't catch him. At least not without some back-up... As he was passing Carousell Botique, Ryan tried to be as sneaky as possible. But she knew. Rarity always knew...

"RYAN!" said human stopped dead in his tracks.

"Oh crap..." he slowly turned and saw the white unicorn storming towards him "Rarity, I can explain-"

"Oh hush you!" she waved her hand dissmisively "I knew the shirt would suffer some horrible fate but it's fine." Ryan blinked in surprise.

"Really?"

"Of course darling! After all, it was for a good cause." Rarity glanced at the feather behind his ear "I am so happy for you two."

"Thanks, Rares." Ryan smiled in return "Tell you what, as an apology for ruining the shirt I'll fix your roof today free of charge. How's that sound?"

"Oh Ryan, I couldn't possibly ask that!" Rarity gasped in shock but Ryan remained firm.

"That's why I insist."

"Well, that is very generous of you, darling." Rarity smiled in return.

"I learned from the best." Ryan's comment made Rarity blush in embarrassment.

"You're such a sweet talker." she slapped his shoulder playfully "Now hurry along dearie. Our princess needs her morning coffee." Rarity made a shooing motion with her hands.

"Tell me about it." Ryan chuckled "And don't worry, your roof will be fixed by the time you and the girls return from the spa."

"How do you know we're going to the spa? " Rarity asked with a raised brow.

"AJ told me. " Ryan simply answered and looked towards Twilight's castle that was only a minute walk away now. Rarity noticed this and smiled.

"Well then, off you go! " she waved Ryan off and gently nudged him towards his marefriends home. Ryan didn't need any more convincing and made his was towards Twilight's home, hoping there would be no more interruptions. As luck would have it, Ryan stood infront of the entrance and just walked inside. Apparently breaking and entering wasn't a thing in Equestria so doors were mostly unlocked. Judging by the silence, both Twilight and Spike were still asleep.

"As always. " Ryan chuckled and made his way upstairs to Twilight's room. For some reason he was a little nervous about playing alarm clock this morning... Anyway, he quickly found Twilight's bedroom and burst in like every morning since he began doing this routine "GOOD MORNING TWILIGHT! " Ryan greeted loudly and enthusiastically before seeing a shape buried under the sheets "The Sun is up, the coffee is still warm and your coltfriend is about to make you breakfast! " he put down the coffee on a table near the door "So it's time to get up and seize the day! " Ryan pulled off the sheets, expecting to see an annoyed alicorn glaring at him, but instead he found a bunch of pillows. There was a rustling sound from above "It's a trap! " he barely managed to turn around before he was tackled by a lavender blur that pinned him on the bed.

"Good morning, coltfriend. " Twilight said with a cheeky smirk any quickly pecked Ryan on the lips.

"Morning, marefriend. " Ryan greeted back and looked at the treacherous pillows "Took you three years to do this... "

"Mostly because I wanted to throw you out the window before. " Twilight giggled and pecked Ryan on the nose "So? How was my little ambush? "

"As far as ambushes go, I can't complain. " Ryan smiled and raised himself slightly to properly kiss his marefriend. Twilight happily returned the kiss and slowly laid herself on Ryan. After a short make-out session, Twilight reluctantly retreated to grab some air.

"You know, a mare could get used to this kind of mornings. " she said with flushed cheeks and Ryan had to agree with her. Maybe next time she comes to wake him up and- "ATCHOO! " -and sneeze right into his face.

"Bless you. " Ryan blinked a few times and Twilight sniffled.

"Sorry. " she scratched her nose "Where were we? "

"You on top of me in your bed. " Ryan said with a raised brow and Twilight giggled.

"Just the way I... I... I... AAAAATCHO! " now a bit of spittle flew into his face. Twilight groaned and laid flat on top of Ryan.

"You okay? " he asked in concern and pressed his forehead to hers "Hmmm... You feel a little warm. "

"I'm phine... " yeah, says the mare with a nasal voice. Ryan frowned and removed Twilight from himself, making the mare whine in displeasure "Noooo... "

"I think you've caught a cold. " Ryan examined his marefriend who had slightly flushed cheeks.

"I've caught a handsome stallion. " she said with a sly smirk. And a dripping nose...

"Yeah, you're staying in bed- "

"I'd like that. "

"-without me. " he quickly rose from the bed and barely evaded Twilight's grasp.

"Nooooooo! " Twilight whined as Ryan covered her with a blanket "T-the best way to get over a cold is to snuggle with your special somepony! It's basic biology! "

"Sure it is, honey. " Twilight blushed at the pet name and then even more as Ryan leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead "You stay here while I make you some tea. "

"Just give me my coffee and I'll be phiiiiineeeATCHOOOO! " Ryan looked at her with an amused expression and Twilight groaned "Phine! I'll stay here. Alone. Without my coltfriend to snuggle me... " and here come the famous puppy-dog eyes this world was known for. A weapon so powerful it can melt the hearts of anyone and make them falter in an instant. Twilight's ears sprawled back, eyes wide and just a little teary and her lower lip quivering along with the most adorkable pout she could muster You're not going anywhere.

"Great! I'll be back soon. " Ryan simply turned and walked out of the room with a smile.

"Awwww horsefea-a-a-ATCHOOOOO!"


Some time passed and Ryan was just about done with Twilight's tea and warm soup to help along with her recovery. It was then that he heard a yawn behind him and saw Spike walking into the kitchen.

"Mornin'... " the dragon said with a lazy voice and sniffed the air "Something smells good. "

"Twilight's caught a cold so I'm making her some tea and soup. " Ryan replied and tasted the soup with "Perfect. "

"Huh, that sucks. " Spike said while grabbing a bowl, some cereal and milk "Sooooo, I take it the date went well? "

"There were some... Hiccups, but yeah, we're official now. " Ryan replied with a smile and placed the tea and soup on a serving platter.

"Awesome. " Spike poured some gems over his cereal to make it extra crunchy "How did she catch a cold anyway? "

"Rainbow Dash thought it would be romantic if we kissed in the rain. " Ryan shrugged his shoulders and took the platter.

"Was it? " Spike asked and took a spoon-full of cereal, the cracking of gems making Ryan wince. It still amazed him that dragons actually ate gems.

"We were told to get a room. " Ryan replied with a smirk and Spike chuckled in return "Well, I should get this to Twilight. Talk to ya' later, oh Spike the stupendous. " Ryan bowed curtly and Spike looked at him with a deadpan expression.

"You know you're like the only one who gets those references, right? "

"I like to think somebody else does too. " Ryan replied with a smile and went back to Twilight's room. When he arrived, Ryan found his marefriend just as he had left her, pouting in bed "Breakfast is here! "

"So lonely... " she tried the puppy-eyes again. It's not very effective.

"Tell you what, you drink your tea, finish the soup and we'll talk snuggling. " Ryan said as he sat down the tray and Twilight perked up immediately.

"Deal! " in a matter of seconds, the tea was gone and she ate the soup with gusto "Thish is pretty good soup... "

"It's chicken soup. " Twilight spewed out the soup in an instant. Honestly Ryan, what'd you expect?

"WHAT? " Twilight looked horrified and glared at Ryan, the soup dripping from his face.

"Yes Twilight. I gave my practically vegan marefriend chicken soup. " he wiped off the excess soup from his face with a towel "Guess this one's on me. Sorry. " Ryan smiled apologetically and Twilight sighed.

"Yeah, I know you can't help yourshelf sometimes. " then she drank the rest of the soup, threw off her blanket and patted the free space on her right "Snuggle time. " Ryan chuckled and put the platter on the nightstand before crawling into bed with his marefriend who put the covers back and snuggled closer to her coltfriend who hugged her tightly "Mmmm... The therapy is already working... "

"Glad I can help. " Ryan said with a smile and sighed in content and closed his eyes. This was nice, he finally had the girl of his dreams next to him. If only this could last forever...

"Zzzzzz... " opening his eyes he found Twilight was asleep in his arms, her breathing gentle and slow. Ryan had to smile at the cute sight and kissed her cheek, getting a content sight in return. However, work called and Ryan removed himself from bed with ninja skills. He put the blanket back on his sleeping marefriend and kissed her forehead affectionately. Quickly scribbling a note to let her know where he was, Ryan left the castle to go and fix Rarity's roof.


It took him hours but Ryan was finally ready to hammer in the last nail to the roof of Carousel Boutique. When he arrived he informed Rarity that Twilight won't join them on their spa retreat and the white unicorn said she'd have some words with a certain cyan pegasus about her help. Rarity was still peeved that RD crashed through her roof yesterday. Anyway, Ryan held the nail with between the fingers of his left hand and a hammer in his right. His tongue was stuck out in concentration as he focused on his target. The time was ripe to finish the job and he swung the hammer down.

"Hey Ryan! " somepony yelled in his ear.

THWACK!

"DO'H!!! " yep, right on the thumb. Ryan put the pained digit in his mouth and glared at the pony who caused him to inflict pain on himself. It was Flash Sentry, just hovering 10 feet in the air. Oh boy...

"Uhm, sorry. " he was definitely not sorry. It was a known fact that Flash had a thing for Twilight but she always turned him down since she had a thing for Ryan "How's it going? " Flash asked with a sly grin and luckily couldn't understand the string of curses Ryan sent to him, what with his thumb in his mouth and all that "So, uh, I see you and Twilight are together. " the pegasus pointed to the feather behind the humans ear and Ryan simply nodded "Good, good. " Flash nodded a few times.

"What is it Flash? " Ryan, finally removing his thumb from his mouth, asked in annoyance since Flash had a bad habit of intruding on his alone time with Twilight even before they began dating.

"Oh nothing. Just came to congratulate you. " the pegasus replied nonchalantly but Ryan knew better. Something was up...

"Thanks. " deciding to get back to business he turned prepared to finish what he began. It was high time to return to his marefriend's bed for some long overdue cuddling. Flash noticed Ryan's goofy smile and with a vengeful glare, he waited for the right moment. Ryan swung the hammer once more...

"Rainbow watch out! " Flash yelled in Ryan's ear once more and startled him.

THWACK!

"AAAAAARGH! Son of a half-troll, rat-eating, munge bucket! " the thumb was back for some healing.

"Whoa, Ryan! You kiss your mother with that mouth? " Flash tsked in disapproval. But Ryan was ready. He looked at Flash with a winning smirk.

"I kiss Twilight with it. " the look on Flash's face was priceless. The pegasus trembled in anger, not even sure what to say.

"You! You! I'll get you! " and with that very imaginative insult he flew away. Ryan sighed and looked at his thumb that turned an interesting shade of blue. Taking a careful look around, Ryan decided it was safe enough to finish the job. He swung his hammer but stopped half-way and looked around.

"Just in case... " he narrowed his gaze to his environment and found the emptiness satisfactory. Here we go again, hammer up, hammer down and-

"Morning! "

THWACK!

"AAAARGH!!! God da- hey I did it. " to his utter amazement, the nail was where it's supposed to be and his thumb avoided another painful kiss from the hammer. Looking to the new arrival he saw Lyra floating casually next to him, a magical glow around her that helped her levitate "Hey Lyra. "

"Wow, so the rumors are true. " Lyra said once she saw the feather "That's too bad... " her ears fell flat on her head but she immediately perked up again "But I'm not giving up! " Ryan sighed in defeat and put the hammer back in his tool box.

"Look, Lyra, you're a nice mare but I told you- " a finger on his lips stopped him from continuing. Ryan looked at Lyra, her eyes half-closed and a sultry smile on her muzzle.

"You will be mine Ryan. " that came out more as a threat than a... Whatever she intended it to be "Soon... " she whispered in his ear and Ryan felt a shiver run up his spine. Creepy, that's what it was... Lyra then pulled back and smiled brightly "Have a nice day! I'll catch you later! " and then she teleported away to her Ryan worshiping shrine- I mean, her house.

"I feel violated... " Ryan said with a shudder "ATCHOO! "


Hours later, Twilight woke up feeling better than ever. She stretched her arms and wings and noticed a distinct lack of human beside her. She took the note that Ryan left and quickly read it. Just as she put the note down, Ryan returned.

"Hey Ryan! " she beamed at him "I'm all better now thanks to my coltfriend making me that amazing soup! And alicorn physiology, but the soup did most of the work! " she jumped from the bed to her hooves and awaited Ryan with open arms "Now gimme' a hug and then- " Ryan walked right past her and plopped down on the bed. Twilight remained in place and blinked a few times. She looked back at Ryan who was face down on the mattress "Ryan? " she approached him and Ryan slowly turned on his back "Oh no... "

"I'm dying... " ah yes, the famous man-cold that put even the strongest out of commission and turned them to a whiny pile of un-manliness "Come closer. Let me see you one last time... " Twilight rolled her eyes but obliged her coltfriends last wishes "Ah yes, my angel, my savior... " Twilight giggled at his antics "I see the light... "

"That's just the magic of my horn. " Twilight smiled as he levitated him into bed.

"Tis' beautiful... " yep, man-cold... She put the blanket on him and kissed his forehead.

"Oh, you're really hot. "

"I know. " he replied with a goofy smile.

"Not that kind of hot. " she rolled her eyes once again "Now you stay here while I make you some tea and soup. " she began walking out of the room when Ryan began singing.

"Lonely... I'm so lonely... " Twilight stopped at the door.

"I'll be back for your cuddling therapy, Mr. O'Connor. " she said with a wink and exited the room.

"Bring whipped cream! " a yelp and the sound of tripping made Ryan laugh "I still got it. ATCHOOO! "


Unknown to them, a mare with a mint-colored coat watched the exchange with glee.

"This is perfect! "

Author's Note:

Took me long enough...

Soooo what could Lyra be planning? Thoughts?

See' ya next time! :moustache: