• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 15,394 Views, 329 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Fractured Friendship - KHXhero



An epilogue to Kingdom Hearts III, Sora and friends journey to find Twilight Sparkle and restore the magic of friendship, while also facing against his inner turnmoil.

  • ...
9
 329
 15,394

Chapter 06: Canterlot Blues

Chapter 06: Canterlot Blues

The Princess's chambers

It was quite a while since the Heartless attack. While a couple of buildings were destroyed, the citizens were luckily unharmed, again. But they were still worried. First the Changelings and now this. These attacks are getting out of hand. The news began to spread once again only this time they were praising the heroic acts of Sora and his friends.

But now wasn't the time for that. The group have made their way to Princess Celestia's chambers for debriefing. The king was speaking with her about what those monsters were.

"I see." Celestia said. "So those were the heartless you mentioned."

"Yep." Mickey said. "I'm surprised that they found their way into your world. Perhaps it's because the Elements are disconnected now, and without the connection, darkness will seep into this world."

"But there wasn't heartless here when Discord got loose." Goofy said. "And the Elements were disconnected."

"Yeah, and he turned us against each other." Applejack said.

"Making us complete opposites of ourselves." Rarity said.

"They weren't completely disconnected." Luna said. "It only disconnected for a brief moment until Twilight rediscovered the spark. She was able to restore her friends from Discord's manipulation... or former friends at the least." Hearing that made the girls wince away for a moment.

"All of this is happening at a very worse time." Celestia said. "The Changelings launch their attack, Twilight has gone missing, and now the heartless are involved." As the group kept discussing the events, Sora was the only one who wasn't talking. He was waiting patiently until he was allowed to speak. But the thought of Twilight being missing was still in his head, and tapping his foot was not helping him at all. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He had to speak up.

"C'mon now!" Sora said. "Can I finally say anything? So, what happened to Twilight? And what's this about an invasion, and a wedding?" The girls looked at each other, and the Princess sounded surprised.

"Wait... Master Yen Sid did not tell you?" Celestia asked. The boy tilted his head.

"He only told us about the Crystal Empire, and that Twilight was missing." Sora said. "Wait... tell me what?" He then turned to Shining Armor, and the girls, who all showed worried and nervous expressions.

"Girls, what's going on?" Sora asked. They all glanced back at one another, and Applejack was the first to speak.

"Sora, don't get mad at us, but... this was all our fault." She spoke.

"Huh?" The boy asked. "What did you do?"

"It's a... long story." Applejack said, as the girls nodded.

"I'm listening." Sora said as he leaned in, along with Donald and Goofy, while Riku and Mickey gave a nod, listening in as well. Giving a heavy sigh, Applejack was the first to speak.

"A couple days ago, there was going to a grand royal wedding between Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadance here." The farmpony began, pointing at the stallion and Princess of Love. "We were so excited, Princess Celestia even tasked us to our own thing for it. I was in charge of catering the food."

"I was to make dresses for the bride and bridemaids." Rarity said.

"I was... suppose to..." Fluttershy said, but the guilt was too much for her. "Provide music!"

"I was going to host the reception..." Pinkie Pie said, feeling downbeat as she said it, her mane deflating a bit as she spoke.

"And I was supposed to do my Sonic Rainboom." Rainbow Dash said.

"Sonic Rainboom?" Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Mickey asked.

"Yes, it's a powerful burst of energy when I go really fast." She clarified.

"Oooohhh." They spoke.

"And Twilight?" Sora asked.

"She was supposed to be my best mare." Shining said.

"Best mare?" Sora asked. "Oh, you mean like a best man, right?"

"Yes." Shining said.

"And she wasn't happy about it, about you getting married?" Sora asked.

"Well, she was angrier that I didn't tell her myself." Shining said. "I probably should've though. There was a threat going on in Canterlot, and I was pretty occupied."

"A threat in Canterlot?" Sora asked. "If there was a threat, why didn't you call off the wedding."

"Because... I don't know." Shining said. "Cadance said that the wedding must go on, or at least I thought it was Cadance."

"Huh?" Sora asked, then glanced at Princess Cadance.

"I used to be Twilight's foalsitter when she was a filly." Cadance said. "We did pretty much a lot together growing up."

"Oh!" Sora said. "Well, I guess when she found out it was you, she must've been thrilled."

"Yes, but..." Cadance said. "It wasn't actually me though."

"What?" Sora asked. "Ok, now I'm really confused."

"A couple days before the wedding, I was abducted by Chrysalis." Cadance said. "It was all part of a plan to invade Canterlot and harvest ponies and captives for their love."

"Chrysalis?" Sora asked.

"The Changeling Queen." Celestia said. "Changelings are monsters who can shapeshift into anyone at any time. They feast on the emotions and love of whoever they're close to, or target."

"Monsters that feed on emotions?" Riku asked. "Like how the heartless feed on people's hearts."

"The changelings haven't been around in almost a thousand years." Mickey said. "History taught us that they've ravaged many pony kingdoms outside of Equestria. When they raided Trot, Princess Celestia was able to stop them, trapping them inside a Volcano."

"Garsh, but how did they get free?" Goofy asked.

"Someone... or something must've let them out." Donald said.

"Most likely." Celestia said.

"Luckily Twilight found me in the nick of time." Cadance said. "We were able to escape and stop the wedding."

"Oh, so you guys found out the fake bride was an imposter, right?" Sora asked with a smile. The girls, and Shining Armor only winced away, their faces shriveled with guilt and shame, much to Sora's surprise.

"Right?" Sora asked. There was silence, until Applejack spoke up.

"Actually, Twilight was the first to know that something was off about Princess Cadance." Applejack said. "She knew Cadance a lot more than we did, and she knew she wasn't acting like the real one. She tried to explain it to us, but we were so caught up in our weddin' plannin' to even listen." Sora's eyes widened.

"W... What?" He asked.

"And when the fake bride made us her bridesmares, we all still didn't listen to Twilight when she tried to bring her case to the rehearsal." Rarity said. "I didn't even think about finishing her dress."

"She accused Princess Cadance of being evil." Pinkie Pie said. "And she was right, but we didn't believe her. She was making a scene of it."

"We all thought that Twilight was acting jealous when she was accusing the imposter." Rainbow Dash said.

"So, what happened?" Sora asked.

"Ask him!" Cadance said, pointing straight at Shining Armor, who was hoping not to explain. But as the group stared at him, he gave a sigh of defeat.

"I... I went to follow the fake bride and banned Twilight from our wedding." Shining said. Sora nearly gasped.

"And we followed." Applejack said.

"Yes... and we just left her, all alone." Fluttershy said, tears of guilt beginning to form in her eyes. Luna glanced at her sister, who was feeling guilt too. The younger sister nudged her, getting her to speak.

"And I... I told her that she had a lot to think about..." Celestia said.

"WH... WHAT?!" Sora, Donald, and Goofy asked in unison.

"But in the end, Twilight was right." Rarity said. "The bride turned out to be the Changeling Queen, who was using Captain Armor to increase her powers. She laid her army upon Canterlot, and we tried using the Elements of Harmony. But they didn't work, because Twilight felt the sting of our betrayal."

"The sting of your betrayal?" Sora asked.

"Of course." Mickey said. "That was the rift Master Yen Sid told us about. The rift was caused... by them." He pointed at the Element bearers, Shining Armor, and Princess Celestia.

"We were able to defeat the changelings, though." Applejack said. "Princess Cadance and Shining Armor used their magic to send them away, but Twilight, she grew bitter towards us, even renouncing her position as the Princess's student."

"She even told us that the Changeling Queen banished her into the caverns below, where no pony would find her." Rainbow Dash said. "And to be honest, she was right. We focused on the wedding rather than thinking about looking for her."

"She lashed out at us for how we left her back at the wedding rehearsal, and she accused us for just using her for our own desires." Rarity said.

"And she said that she was no longer our friend anymore..." Pinkie Pie said, as Fluttershy nodded in sadness.

"Yeah... and she attacked her brother, then destroyed everything in the hall." Rainbow Dash said. "And... that was the last time we ever saw her..."

After the girls had told them everything. There was only one word to describe how they were feeling. Angry? No. Shocked. Especially Sora. He was processing all of this in her head. Twilight knew something was wrong with the fake bride, but no pony listened to her? They just left her?

"So... you guys just left her?" Sora asked, looking at the girls. "You just left her there all alone, not even bothering to comfort her, or look for her?" The girls lowered their heads in shame, but not before giving a nod. The boy was surprised by this. Her friends just ditched her for some bride they didn't even know.

"And you... Princess Celestia?" Sora asked, turning toward the sun princess. "You didn't take her concerns into consideration?" All Princess Celestia could do was nod.

"No... I didn't." She said with guilt. Sora gave a surprised sigh. Princess Celestia, Twilight's teacher who she looked up to as a mother, didn't take her worries seriously either. He then turned to Shining Armor.

"And you... what the guards said was... true?" he asked. "You shunned your sister away, when she was just trying to protect you?" The stallion only turned his head with shame but turned forward as he saw the hateful glare from Cadance.

"Yes... I did." Shining said with guilt. "I pushed her away and-"

-BOOM!-

Shining was then struck hard by a swing, and a weak bolt of lightning, that pushed him to the ground. Everyone gasped, even Goofy... But his attention was not drawn to Sora, for he too was shocked by this sudden action. All attention was on Donald, who had his staff in his hand, or what was left of his staff at least. Sure, the staff was broken, and the magic was not working for him, but the head of the staff and the weak spark was enough to send Shining Armor down.

"You Buckhead!" The Royal Wizard quacked. "How could you choose some bride over your own flesh and blood?!"

"I... I didn't know!" Shining said, getting back up. "I thought Twily was jealous!"

"Well, you should've!" Donald shouted. "Family always comes first, and you of all ponies should know that! You're no Big Brother! You're only a disgrace to the uniform!" He then turned to the mane five. "And you five, how could you abandon your friend?!"

"Now, calm down ducky boy." Applejack said. "We didn't know the bride was a monster in disguise."

"And Twilight accused her of being evil." Rainbow Dash said.

"That doesn't matter!" Donald said. "You all are supposed to be the wielders of the Elements of Harmony! You're supposed to show your element! But you didn't! You're no better than that bug queen, bloodsuckers!" Hearing that offensive word made Applejack twitch.

"Why you loud mouthin' hot head!" Applejack said. "I should buck you into next week for saying that!" She was ready to buck him, but the girls held her back.

"Bring it on, you hillbill-" Donald said as he was ready to charge forward, only to be stopped by Goofy, who kept him from hurting anypony else.

"Donald, relax!" He spoke. "They already feel terrible enough already!" Applejack quickly calmed down as her friends held her back. She turned her head, but she couldn't hide her pain though. Donald was right. They cared more about a wedding than their friendship. Mickey and Riku then turned toward Sora, who then turned to the girls.

"So... she's gone?" Sora asked.

"Yes... she just upped and vanished." Applejack said, getting herself together.

"And it was all our fault." Fluttershy said as she lowered her head, weeping in sorrow.

"I didn't even get a chance to throw her an apology party." Pinkie Pie said, her mane and tail beginning to deflate a bit more as she too cried.

"Hmmm... maybe that explains it." Riku said.

"Explains what?" Shining asked.

"Master Yen Sid also told us that Twilight Sparkle was on a very dark path." Riku said. "A path that can lead her to embrace and be tainted by the darkness. I was on that road before... and it nearly ended badly for me." Shining's eyes widened.

"Y... You mean?" He asked.

"Uh-huh." Mickey said. "If nothing is done, Twilight will be forever lost." The captain gasped, along with the girls and the Princesses.

"No..." Princess Celestia said.

"Then that means..." Applejack said. "We really pushed her over the edge!"

"We really did buck up." Rainbow Dash said, tears beginning to form.

"And all because we wanted to throw a worthless wedding." Rarity said.

"This really is our fault!" Fluttershy said, as she and Pinkie Pie continued to cry, louder this time.

"No... it was all my fault." Celestia said as she turned away. "Twilight was the first to see this, and I didn't take her concerns seriously. And because of me, she will be damned to the darkness." She lowered her head, showing a small tear dropping down to the side of her cheek, while the other girls, and Shining gave faces of guilt. Donald only tapped his foot, while Goofy gave a worried expression. Sora didn't say anything but placed his hand over his heart. Closing his eyes, he remembered the first time he met Twilight, and when he had to go, he promised to see her again. And now, he might never see her again. Clenching his fist, he knew what he had to do.

"I'll save her!" He said, getting sounds of surprise from everyone and everypony in the room.

"What?" Celestia asked.

"I'll save her." Sora said. "I'll bring her back home."

"Y... You will?" Applejack asked. The boy gave a nod.

"What?!" Donald asked. "You want to help them after they abandoned their friend?"

"Yes, Donald." Sora said. "It's the right thing to do. And besides, this world can't function with just five Elements of Harmony. Without Twilight, Equestria doesn't stand a chance."

"But... aren't you furious with us?" Rainbow Dash asked. The boy shook his head, and turned around, with his arms crossed.

"Well, it's like this." Sora said. "I'm not happy with how you all handled the situation. But there's no reason for me to be angry with you all for it. That Changeling Queen... what is she called?"

"Chrysalis." Celestia said.

"Right." Sora said. "That bug queen Chrysalis saw your weaknesses and used them and the wedding against you all to further her goal. And besides, I can see that deep down, you all realized your mistakes, and want to make things right. Plus, I made a promise to see Twilight again. She's my friend too. And if a friend needs me to be there, I'll be there. So, I'll save her, whatever it takes." Hearing those words brought surprise and hope to the ponies. He held no grudge against them, and with everything that they had done. He's willing to help them!

"Thank you, Sora." Applejack said.

"Oh, Thank You Sora!" Pinkie Pie called out with a smile, as her mane and tail poofs back up like a balloon and hugged the boy. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you so much!"

"You're the best friend anypony could ask for!" Rainbow Dash said.

"No problem." Sora said. "But... you all have to win Twilight's trust back yourselves. Can you promise that?"

"Of course, I swear on the Apple Family Name." Applejack said. "I will do whatever it takes."

"So will we!" Rarity said.

"I Pinkie Pie promise!" Pinkie Pie said. "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" She did the movements, crossing her chest, flapping her hooves, and poked her closed eye with her right hoof.

"What was that?" Sora asked.

"A Pinkie Pie Promise!" Pinkie Pie said. "It's a special promise that cannot be broken, and I never break a Pinkie Pie Promise. Because if you break it... You'll lose your friends... FOREVER!!!"

"Really?" Sora asked.

"Nah." Pinkie Pie said. "I just made up that last part. I just love saying it that way."

"But we're not gonna be left out of the action." Rainbow Dash said as she floated off the ground. "If you're gonna save Twilight, then we're going with you. We'll prove that we care about Twilight."

"Indeed!" Rarity said as Fluttershy gave a nod.

"No way-" Donald said.

"Ok." Sora said, surprising the royal wizard next to him.

"WHAT?!" Donald asked. "No, they can't come!"

"C'mon Donald." Sora said. "They want to come along, so let's let them come with us. Besides, they have more experience here in Equestria, and we'll need their help if we're gonna search for Twilight."

"Yeah." Goofy said. "I don't see any harm in it. Plus, we should always give those a second chance."

"Awww..." Donald said as he shook his head.

"You're more than welcome not to come along if you don't want to." Sora said. Before he could speak, the duck gave another sigh, and a smile.

"Awww, with everything that we've been through, you guys won't last a second without me." Donald said. "So, I'll come along too!" Hearing that made Sora and Goofy smile.

"I knew that you wouldn't abandon us, Donald." Sora said as he and Goofy pulled him into a group hug. Mickey and Riku gave a nod, then turned toward the Sun Princess.

"Princess Celestia." Riku said. "Master Yen Sid sent me and King Mickey to investigate the Crystal Empire."

"Oh!" Celestia said, remembering the Crystal Empire. "That's right."

"So, you let Sora and the others find Twilight, and we'll check on the Empire." Mickey said.

"Thank you, Mickey." Celestia said. "And... I'm sorry..."

"Sorry?" Mickey asked. "About Twilight? Aww, it's ok. I've made a lot of mistakes myself. But don't worry. Sora will find her. I know he will." The Solar Princess gave a nod.

"And in that case, you'll need a guide to get to the Crystal Empire." Celestia said. "Captain Shining Armor, I appoint you to guide King Mickey and Master Riku to the Crystal Kingdom." Hearing that made the stallion surprised.

"What?!" Shining Armor asked. "But I want to find Twily. She's my sister."

"I know you're concerned about Twilight, Captain." Celestia said. "But I don't think it's a good idea for you to go with Sora. Twilight is angry at you the most, and you being there could cause problems." The stallion was about to speak. But the Princess was right. Twilight did buck him in the face, and that gave him a black eye, which was still healing up. Who knows what else she could do to him? He nodded reluctantly.

"Of course, Princess." Shining said. "I'll guide the King and the Keyblade Master to the Crystal Empire."

"And Princess Cadance will join you as we-" Celestia spoke.

"No!" the voice of Cadance made everyone turn toward her in surprise. Her head was turned away from their view.

"I'm not going." She spoke.

"But Cadance." Shining said. "They will need our help." The Princess of Love turned her head away, not listening to him.

"I'm not talking to you, remember?" Cadance said. "I made it clear to never talk to me again."

"Cadance, this is no time to hold grudges." Celestia said. "The Crystal Empire is in danger, and you have a special pur-"

"I'm not going anywhere until Twilight is back safe and sound." Cadance said. "And you're not forcing me to go either." The Sun Princess, and Shining only gave defeated sighs. Cadance was still not on good terms with the two since learning of their terrible behavior toward Twilight, and she wasn't going to hear any more from them. Riku approached the young princess.

"Princess Cadenza." He spoke. "I know you're feeling angry with them for how they treated Twilight Sparkle, but we really need your help. And besides, I can tell that we'll need you." Riku was right. With him being a keyblade master, he could feel and sense the magical aura in those around him, and he sensed a familiar and powerful spark within her that was so familiar.

"Why should I trust you?" Cadance asked.

"You don't have to trust me." Riku said. "Trust Sora."

"Huh?" Sora asked hearing his name, as Cadance glanced at the boy.

"He'll bring back Twilight." Riku said. "He was there for me when I felt lost. He's saved three of our fellow keyblade wielders from a grim fate. If anyone has a good shot at saving Twilight, it's him. Sora is the best chance we have. Trust him." The Princess of Love glanced at Riku, and then back at Sora, who gave a smile. With her being the Princess of Love, having the power to sense love and light around her, she can tell that there was something special about him. His heart was so pure unlike anything she had ever seen. Seeing his smile, she too gave a smile.

"Alright." Cadance said.

"Thank you, Cadance." Celestia said.

"But just so we're clear, I only have faith in him and them." Cadance said, pointing her hoof at Sora, Riku, King Mickey, Donald and Goofy, before turning her head back to the Sun Princess. "So that doesn't mean that I'm not skeptical about you Auntie Celes-... I mean, Princess Celestia. Also, I request that Captain Armor keep his distance from me while we're at the empire."

"Cada-" Shining said.

"Don't!" Cadance said. "And that Princess Cadance to you, Captain. And whatever you do, Captain, don't try and woo me, because like I said, it's over." She then gave a huff and departed for the door. "I'll be waiting by the train station." She opened the door with her magic and left the room, but not before slamming it, leaving everyone a bit surprised.

"Garsh…" Goofy said as Donald gave a chuckle. Shining Armor lowered his head. With how he treated Twilight, he deserved that.

However, as Cadance left the room, she took a few steps away from the door until she came to a halt. Then, surprisingly, she lowered her head, and a few chokes came from her voice. Tears were beginning to fall from her eyes. She was crying.

"Oh Shining..." She spoke. "I'm sorry for being so cruel..."

"Well then, we better get ready then." Sora said, back in the royal chambers.

"But where do we start looking for Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah, she could be anywhere in Equestria." Pinkie Pie said. "She's probably out there all alone in the heat, or in the cold!"

"Then we'll start asking around town." Sora said. "No doubt somepony would've seen her."

"Alright then." Rainbow Dash said. "We'll ask around and search for clues!"

"Ok." Sora said. "We're also gonna need some supplies. It's probably gonna be a while before we find her."

"You can check by the Market area." Celestia said. "Canterlot has plenty of items that you can buy."

"Thank you, Princess." Mickey said.

"Oh, and Princess." Goofy said with a bow.

"Yes, Captain Goofy?" Celestia asked.

"Is there any chance you got a couple of spare shields?" Goofy asked, holding up his cracked one. "Mine's not looking too good."

"What about me?!" Donald asked, holding his broken staff up. "That heartless smashed my wand!"

"Do not worry." Celestia said as she picked up the knight's shield with her magic. "I believe I can fix that... and Luna, if you don't mind."

"Of course, sister." The Lunar Princess said as she took the broken wand away from Donald and levitated it up in the air. The royal sister than used their magic and bathed it upon the shield and wand, making them glow brightly. In a flash, the crack on the shield was gone, and the wand was back together. Actually, they both were upgraded too!

The shield was now a pentagonal and it's bottom three corners are rounded. It had a golden yellow border with the top and bottom corners sporting a silver bolt. The inner part of the shield was white, with a light-yellow hidden mickey symbol with an orange outline. And behind the hidden mickey was a yellow and orange stylized sun, the same image of Celestia's cutie mark.

The staff was now longer, with the handle now predominantly dark blue, while both ends were grey persian blue. At the top was a wide brown disk at the tip of the handle, connected to the head of the staff, which was in the shape of a moderate sapphire blue hidden mickey. Inside the head was a white crescent moon, which was the same moon that was on Luna's cutie mark.

The new shield and staff were given to Donald and Goofy, who both were surprised and excited.

"The shield and staff have been powered up by our magic." Celestia said. "They shall allow you to use the magic of the sun and moon, as well as granting you protection."

"Oh Boy!" Donald said.

"Thank you, Princesses." Goofy said.

"Ha!" Donald said to Sora, leaning in toward him. "We got new weapons, and you didn't!"

"Donald, no need to get in my face... literally." Sora said.

"I also have something for you too, Sora." Celestia said. "And you as well Master Riku and Mickey." And with her magic, three pairs of special bracelets appeared in the air, on pair was gold and shiny, the second was purple and black, and the other was silver and pearl. Each of the bracelets had six gemstones on them. The gemstones were colored red, yellow, orange, blue, white, and magenta. The gold bracelets were magically attached to Sora's wrists, with the purple ones attached to Riku's, and the silver ones were attached to Mickey's.

"Whoa... what are these?" Sora asked as he examined them.

"They're special bracelets that will grant you protection against the dark magic in our world." Celestia said. "And they will allow you to harness the magic within Equestria, as well as us, Cadance, the five elements. With the magic in our world, you should be able to harness your elemental abilities until the magic is restored. The bracelets won't restore your magic to its full power, but it should allow you to use low level magic for the time being." The boy gave a smile. The bracelets will allow him, Riku, and the King to harness magic again, but only low-level magic, so the -RA, -GA, and -ZA spells will not be accessible. Neverless, it was enough, and a generous gift.

"Thank you." Sora said, feeling generous. "But I don't have anything for you though."

"You all given us hope, Sora." Celestia said. "And that's good enough for me." The boy gave another nod and looked back at everyone.

"Alright, let's go save Twilight!" He called out, his fist in the air. The girls gave nods and cheers, ready for action.


Sometime later, the group left Celestia's chambers to get ready. Before they had to leave though, they had to pack up and stock up for the long journey they were going to have. It's probably not as long as their previous adventures, but better safe to be prepared than sorry. The girls went on ahead to ask around town to see if they can find clues to where Twilight could be. Shining Amor made his way to the train station, where a bitter Princess Cadance was waiting at. That left Sora and the others to their own devices.

"We're gonna go gather some supplies." Mickey said. "It's gonna be a long train ride to the North."

"Ok." Donald said with a nod, with the King and Riku making their way out the castle to the market area.

"We better go get some supplies too." Goofy said. "I hope they have potions, and ethers."

"Will we need ethers, though?" Donald asked. "Our magic doesn't work."

"Yeah, but the bracelets will allow us to use low-level magic and attacks, Donald." Sora said.

"That's right, Donald." Goofy said. "Better safe than sorry. And who knows, if we find Twilight, the magic may start working again."

"I suppose." Donald said as the two made their way down the hall. Sora was about to join them, but he stopped. He began thinking, much to Donald and Goofy's notice.

"Sora?" Donald asked.

"I'll join you in a minute, I need to wash my face really quick." Sora said to them. He then made his way to the restroom, while Donald and Goofy looked on.

"His face didn't look dirty, did it?" Goofy asked, as Donald only shrugged. Heading into the restroom, Sora went toward the sink. Turning the water on, he held his hand out to get enough water, then splashed it over his face. Taking the clean towel, he rubbed his face until it was dry. Removing the towel from his face, he took a sigh, and lowered his head, his hands gripped on the sides of the sink to keep him from falling.

His eyes only squinted shut, and he felt his hand shaking a bit. He was feeling it again, the adrenaline. It's when someone feels anxiety and stress, which causes their heart rate to increase along with their breathing. The flashbacks were coming back, the moment where he saw everyone sucked up by that Heartless twister. He shook his head, trying to get it out.

"Get out of my head..." He said to himself.

"All that fighting against the darkness, and yet you've learned nothing."

Sora's eyes widened, recognizing that voice. He slowly turned his head and saw a familiar man with long silver white hair, and yellow eyes. The boy before him gasped.

"Xehanort!" Sora said. "But... that's impossible!" The man only laughed.

"The real me is gone, Sora." Xehanort said. "But a piece of me still exists, inside your mind."

"W... What?" Sora asked, feeling confused.

"Don't you feel it?" Xehanort asked. "The scars on your hearts. You think that you've won by saving everyone who suffered a grim fate, yet the pain has only begun for you. The sight of your friends being taken away from you has placed a grave strain upon you. You can try to hide it, the trauma that you've experienced, but your heart will only break from the pressure."

"You're wrong!" Sora said. "My heart is strong!"

"Yes, it is." Xehanort said. "But a heart can only withstand such pain for as long as it can. I already told you before, there's always a high price to pay for wielding such power foolishly." Sora only gave a grunt.

"Well, I didn't disappear, did I?" Sora asked. "I've managed to save Kairi and escape death, so the jokes on you!"

"Yes, but you can't save everyone." Xehanort said.

"Of course, I can!" Sora said. "Twilight will be saved! I'm her friend! And so is Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie!"

"Yes, the little Elements bearers who abandoned her when she needed them the most." Xehanort said. "But who was the one who gave her those friends, not knowing what they would toss her away like a broken toy? You did." Sora's eyes widened, but he shook his head.

"Don't pin this on me!" Sora said.

"You had a part in this too, you know." Xehanort said. "You never once thought to visit her while she waited for you. How many times have she tried to call you? Of course, you wouldn't know, because you didn't care."

"Stop It!" Sora said.

"You abandoned her just like her friends abandoned her." Xehanort continued. "So, you're much to blame as those pathetic horses."

"Shut Up!" Sora said.

"Friendship doesn't last forever. It'll only wilt away like a flower, until it dies." Xehanort said. "You have comdemned Twilight to the depths of hell. And it is all... your... fault...!"

"SHUT UP!" Sora shouted as he threw a punch at the man.

-CRACK-

The sounds of glass breaking made the boy freeze in place. He opened his eyes and looked around, seeing that he was still in the restroom, and Xehanort was nowhere inside. It was probably just a hallucination, conjured up by his mind. He lifted his head up to see his fist in a broken mirror. He must've punched it while he was hallucinating. He pulled his hand back slowly, seeing cuts on the top of his hand. As he gripped his hand with his other hand, blood dripped from his wounds, and he took a deep sigh. These stupid hallucinations have to stop, he thought. But as he lifted his head up, he saw the crack on the windows disappearing, showing the mirror restoring itself to its former glory. The boy was a bit surprised. The mirror actually fixed itself. It must be magic. This world's magic works, but not the magic from the outside world?

"You're lucky that mirror is unbreakable." The voice made Sora turn his head. To his surprise, it was Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna." Sora said as the alicorn approached him. "What are you doing here?"

"This is actually the mare's restroom." Luna explained, showing the door's insignia, which was a pink pony. The boy's eyes went dead blank seeing that. He went into the girl's bathroom.

"Oh..." Sora said. "S... Sorry."

"It's alright." Luna said, but then she glanced down to see Sora's bleeding hand. "You've made quite a mess of your hand there." Before Sora could speak, the Lunar Princess's horn began to glow, and magic wrapped around Sora's hand. The pieces of glass were removed from the cuts, and the cuts began to close up and heal quickly, as if they were never there!

"Whoa..." Sora said, seeing his hand good as new. "Thank you."

"No need." Luna said. "It is we who should be thanking you. Thou have saved us from the darkness." Sora tilted his head.

"We?" Sora asked. "You mean you right?"

"Yes." Luna said. "Forgive us, for our vocabulary is a thousand years out of date. We... I have been trying to adjust to a more modern speech. Twilight has been giving me lessons on that recently."

"Interesting." Sora said. The lunar princess tilted her head and glanced straight at Sora.

"You seem a bit pale." Luna said.

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"I've sensed a lot of conflict in you." She spoke. "And the way you punched that mirror surely shows it." The boy only lowered his head.

"It's just... mmm..." He turned his head, not wanting to talk about it.

"Speak your mind." Luna said. "Or should I read it and say it out lout?"

"No!" Sora said waving his hands, and then gave a defeated sigh.

"I just can't stop thinking about... the Keyblade War." Sora said.

"Ahh, yes." Luna said. "The battle where you and the seven guardians faced against the thirteen darknesses, correct?"

"Yeah." Sora said, a bit surprised. "How'd you know?"

"Celestia and I have heard of your triumphant victory against Master Xehanort from Master Yen Sid." Luna said. "He is quite proud of your accomplishment, yet you don't seem proud of it." Sora turned his head again.

"Let's just say... the first time didn't go so well." Sora said. "I lost my friends so easily. They were stripped from me in the most horrible way possible, and then I was next. I never felt so helpless and hopeless in my life. But, with some help, I was able to go back to before we went in, and we were able to turn the tides thanks to Naminé and Terra." The boy then started thinking. Naminé. Kairi's nobody who was created when Sora released his own heart to free Kairi almost three years ago. Naminé was quite different, having the power to rewrite memories of Sora and those around him, which was what the Organization tried to use her for. But with Axel... or Lea's encouragement, she rebelled and restore Sora's memories. She was such a big help for the group's second attempt against the thirteen darknesses. Using Sora's memories, she was able to locate Terra and helped them tip the scale to their favor. He still hasn't had the chance to thank her yet.

"So, if the tide was changed to your favor, why are you troubled?" Luna asked.

"Because..." Sora said. "It was so... terrifying. I didn't realize how easily I would lose my friends, until that point. And... it scares me to even think about it."

"You have not told them your dilemma, have you." Luna said.

"No." Sora said. "I didn't want them to worry. They acted like everything was back to normal. Plus, they don't even remember it. But I do. I tried so hard to move on too, but I can't help but feel paranoid sometimes. And I have nightmares frequently about it. And now, Twilight's out there alone with no one to turn to. I... I just can't handle losing another friend again." He gave another sigh, not knowing how much more he can take. Luna lifted the boy's chin with her hoof.

"You must never be afraid to share your troubles." Luna said. "They may not understand what you've experienced, but they'll understand how you feel about it. And I have faith that thou shall save Twilight."

"How?" Sora asked.

"Because the first time I met you, I saw you as a brave young man, willing to help those whenever there is danger." Luna said. "You have that bright light that is still strong. You've helped Twilight make friends, just as you helped her save me. I know you'll save Twilight, in your own way. And besides, those who are lost can be found. You just need to know where to look." Hearing Luna's encouragement brought a smile to the boy's face. She was right. He can find Twilight and save her.

"Thank you, Princess Luna." Sora said.

"Oh, and before you go, I have a gift of my own to give you." Luna said as her horn ignited with magic. A special charm appeared between them, a charm that had a white crescent moon, and three purple stars linked to it like a chain. The charm is placed into Sora's hand.

"What's this?" Sora asked.

"A special charm that will allow us both to keep in contact." Luna said. "And if you have the need for my help, I will be there in a flash." Sora looked up at the princess.

"Are you sure?" Sora asked. "I don't wanna drive you away from your royal duties."

"My sister handles most of the royal duties." Luna said. "And besides, Twilight taught me much about friendship too, so I want to return the favor and find her as well. Just don't be afraid to call me."

"Thanks again, Princess Luna." Sora said as he gave a bow but was surprised as she gave him a hug. Regardless, he gave a smile, and hugged her back.

Pretty soon, after his talk with Princess Luna, Sora was making his way down the hall. He was thinking about his talk with Princess Luna, about his own troubles. She said that he shouldn't keep them from his friends, and that he should talk to them about it. Maybe she's right. He can't keep going on like this, having these hallucinations and nightmares from time to time.

But he'll have to tell them later though. His mind right now was focused on Twilight, and he had to save her. Yet, he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. He hasn't had the chance to come back and visit her. Maybe if he did, this probably wouldn't have happened. Was it also his fault?

No, he thought. This was not his fault. He won't listen to Xehanort… or whatever he was talking too earlier. Sora had to save Twilight. He must.

"Whatever is lost can be found again..."

Aqua's words rang in Sora's head. She's right, he thought. Twilight is lost, but he will find her, just like he found Kairi and his friends. Twilight needed him. He must stay strong. He can't be afraid. Friendship will always find a way. As he walked down the hall, he couldn't help but feel a groove coming on, as he made his way down. The song in his head started to pick up, and he found himself dancing.

I can't be afraid

The world needs me

Everybody sees me everyday

I can't be afraid!

Good will find a way

That's what they tell me

But as long as there's evil

A hero has to rise

But I don't have to stand alone against a thousand armies

I've got an army of my own!

And we're shouting out tonight!

We see the stars collide!

Cause as long as we're alive

We're fighting back tonight!

As the lyrics got quicker, Sora starts to move and dance much rapidly, giving stances and expressions as he continued to sing.

Waking from a bad dream into a nightmare

Stepping out and one again there's panic in the air

The sky is red, and smoke darkens the horizon

I guess once again a force or foe is terrorizing

My heart stops when the clock stops ticking

Cause I know I've gotta help while I'm alive and kicking

I remember days were never black but that's over

Now that every day a demon's back

And I've had it

But we don't have to stand alone against a thousand armies

We've got an army of our own!

And we're shouting out tonight!

We see the stars collide!

Cause as long as we're alive,

We're fighting back tonight!

As the song cutted to an instrumental, Sora found himself in a blackened area, probably in his own mind. The images of the Keyblade Graveyard began to surround him, and he looked up to see the Heartless Twister. The boy nearly froze, but then he remembered. He must not be afraid. He took this thing down before, so he'll do it again.

And so you want to start a war

You don't know what I have in store

I've never felt this way before

And you can't stop me anymore

With that said, he charged forward, and the twister sent out hurtles of Demon Tides to strike him. But he swung he swung his keyblade, striking back the tides as he kept running and singing.

And so you want to start a war

You don't know what we have in store

I've never felt this way before

And you can't stop us anymore!

With a mighty leap, Sora jumped up, not afraid, and ready to strike. With a battle cry, he swung his keyblade striking through the Twister. As he sliced through, hundreds of glowing keyblades joined him and sliced through the tornado, destroying it for good.

And we're shouting out tonight!

We see the stars collide!

Cause as long as we're alive,

We're fighting back tonight!

And we're shouting out tonight!

We see the stars collide!

Cause as long as we're alive,

We're fighting back tonight!

The music stopped as Sora finished singing and dancing, doing the amazing dab. Suddenly, he heard the clock tower chiming. Looking around, he realized that he had a job to do. He then made his way out of the hall to the castle gates, unaware of Whirlwind and Earthius watching from the sidelines.

"Wow, he really knows how to dance." Whirlwind said.

"Yeah, I was hoping for an encore." Earthius said with a nod.


Outside, Sora was making his way to the market street, to catch up with the others. He certainly didn't want to keep them waiting. But soon as he turned his head, he stopped in his tracks. He saw a purple dragon sitting on the bench alone. It was Spike, and he looked sad. Sora knew why, because Twilight was missing. He went over to the bench.

"Hey Spike." Sora said, getting the baby dragon's attention.

"Oh, hey Sora." Spike said before looking back at the ground. The boy sat next to him.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

"Ok, I guess." Spike said, though his sad eyes said otherwise. The boy then noticed something in Spike's claws. It was a gold tiara decorated with sapphire stones. On top of the tiara was a six-pointed magenta star shaped gem, which looked identical to Twilight's cutie mark. It was the Element of Magic. Spike must've taken it from the Hall of the Elements while Sora and the others were talking with the Princesses.

"Is that the Element of Magic?" Sora asked.

"Yeah." Spike said. "I took it from the Hall so I could give it to Twilight... if we find her."

"You still hung up with Twilight going missing?" Sora asked.

"She's not missing, Sora." Spike said. "She left. She left me."

"I know." Sora said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Spike said. "It's not your fault. It's their fault." The venom in Spike's words made the boy tilt his head. Spike was likely referring to the girls, Shining Armor, and Princess Celestia.

"You mean the girls?" Sora asked.

"Yeah, them, Shining Dumbhead, and Princess Sunbutt." Spike said. Sora nearly gasped.

"Spike, no need to get that harsh." Sora said.

"Well, they didn't take her seriously like last time." Spike said. Sora raised an eyebrow. Something like this happened before?

"Last time?" Sora asked. "When was last time?"

"It happened a few months ago, sometime after that whole Discord thing." Spike said. "When Twilight lived in Ponyville, she would always send Princess Celestia a letter, or friendship report whenever she learned something new about friendship. A while back, Twilight thought that she was being tardy for a Friendship Report, that she asked her friends for help. But they thought that she was just making a deal out of nothing. And I won't lie, I did too. So... Twilight went a little loco and the coco... actually she went really loco in the coco. She decided to make a friendship problem instead of finding one, by using her old Smarty Pants doll and a Want It, Need It spell to get ponies to fight over it. When it got so bad, the girls tried to help, but it wasn't working. So, Princess Celestia was able to undo the damage.

"Wait, how did the Princess know?" Sora asked.

"That was my doing." Spike said. "I told her that Twilight was panicking over being tardy for a friendship report and asked her to talk with her. After the problem got fixed, Twilight thought she was going to be expelled as Celestia's student and forced to leave Ponyville, and go back to Magic Kindergarten. But Princess Celestia told her that she didn't need a report every week. Then the girls come in and told her that it was their fault for not taking Twilight seriously. And they promised that they would. But they broke that promise because they cared more about a stupid wedding. They don't deserve to be Twilight's friends."

"Spike, blaming them isn't going to bring her back." Sora said.

"Well, it is their fault!" Spike said much louder, almost surprising Sora. "I don't care if Shining Dork was being mind-controlled by that bug queen! What he said to Twilight was the worst thing he has ever said! All of them were horrible to Twilight! If they were really her friends, then they should've remembered to take her seriously! But they didn't! Even after the whole Smarty Pants incident, they didn't learn to take her seriously. They never learn anything! And the worse part was..." Before he continued, his eyes started to water up, as the baby dragon's anger shifted to guilt.

"I followed them..." Spike said as he lowered his head in shame. "I left Twilight. I didn't mean to, because I was just confused and scared. But I should've stayed. I should've stayed there with her. But I didn't. She said that she wasn't mad at me, and she promised she would never leave me. But she did." The baby dragon couldn't keep his tears in anymore. He just lowered his head as he began to cry. Seeing him so sad, Sora wrapped his arm around his shoulder, pulling him into a hug, comforting the poor dragon.

"We'll find her, Spike." Sora said. "I promise we'll find her, whatever it takes."

"How can you be so sure?" Spike asked. Sora was about to speak, but he started thinking. How could he know? He didn't know that Xehanort and the thirteen darknesses meant business when he and the guardians went to fight him. But the boy then remembered what Aqua told him. What is lost can be found again.

"I don't know, but I do know this." Sora said. "Whatever is lost can be found again. Twilight is just lost without us, and we'll find her again. You just gotta have faith." Hearing those words made Spike smile with hope.

"Ok." Spike said. "I'm glad you came back, Sora."

"Me too." Sora said. "Though I wish I could've come back here sooner before all this started though. But I'm here now, and that's what matters."

"Yeah." Spike said. Then suddenly, he felt a vibration in his claw. Looking down, he saw that the Element of Magic was glowing. Glowing all of a sudden.

"Hey, what's going on?" Spike asked. Sora was surprised himself. But then suddenly, his keyblade appeared in his hand, glowing too. Suddenly, the keyblade pointed at the Element of Magic, charging up a magical light at the tip. It then fired a ray at the tiara. As the ray touched, the Element began to glow brightly, and its magic suddenly surrounded Sora's keyblade with a magical magenta aura. Within just a few seconds, the keyblade and Element stopped glowing, much to their confusion.

"Uh... what just happened?" Spike asked.

"I don't know." Sora said, then looked back at his keyblade, which began to glow a magenta color, then pointed toward south. Both the boy and the dragon were a bit confused, but then Sora remembered. He remembered when his keyblade was able to detect the Keyholes to the Heart of Each World. It seems when the Element and Keyblade reacted to one another, the keyblade gained a new power, to track down the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. The boy smiled.

"Oh!" Sora said. "I get it! Twilight is connected to the Element of Magic. The Keyblade absorbed the magic from the Element of Magic, and now it's showing us where Twilight is going!"

"R... really?" Spike asked.

"I think so." Sora said. "It's a long shot, but I think it's our only chance."

"Well then, what are we waiting for!" Spike said. "Let's go find the others!"

"Yeah!" Sora said with a nod, and just like that, the two were off.


Soon, the group made their way to the Train station. Sora's friends were able to gather supplies from the market. A bagful of Potions, ethers (just in case), Elixirs and even the Hi and Mega brands too. While they were doing all that, the girls asked around town, hoping to see if anypony in the city spotted Twilight. But no such luck, they even tried speaking to some of the ponies that Twilight knew. But they didn't know, especially a certain yellowish grey unicorn with a red mane and glasses, who only spat in their face when she heard Twilight's name and closed the door in front of them.

But it wasn't a total waste though, as Rarity spoke with Fancy Pants, the light grey unicorn with the azure eyes and fancy mane, who told her that he did see her friend leaving town, but not taking the train. So that was something at least.

As the group rendezvoused at the Train Station, Spike and Sora joined them, who told them all how they can track Twilight down.

"So, wait, you're telling me that you can find Twilight... with this?!" Rainbow Dash asked, pointing at Sora's keyblade.

"Yeah." Sora said. "It just absorbed the Element's magic and pointed to where Twilight could be. It's almost as if the keyblade has a mind of its own."

"Well, it did let me wield it for a while, until it went back to Sora." Riku said.

"Well, now we have a way to track down Twilight." Pinkie Pie said.

"Speaking of which, did you ask around town?" Sora asked.

"Yeah, but not many ponies know where she is." Applejack said. "We even asked some pony with red hair and glasses if she knew where Twilight was, but she just hissed at us and slammed the door."

"She's probably somepony who doesn't like Twilight." Rarity said.

"There were some ponies who did spot her last night, but she didn't look like she was going to Ponyville though." Fluttershy said.

"That would be the first place she would expect us to look." Rainbow Dash said.

"Then we just follow her heart." Goofy said.

"Uh-huh!" Donald said.

"Yeah." Sora said. "Riku and the King followed Aqua's heart, and they found her. So, we'll follow Twilight's heart."

"May our hearts be our guiding key!" Pinkie Pie said with a smile, and all attention was right toward her. "What?"

"Where did you hear that from?" Mickey asked a bit surprised.

"Oh, Granny Pie!" Pinkie Pie said. "She told me the stories of the outside worlds and the old age of fairytales when I was growing up. She told me to always follow our hearts, and they will show us the way." Mickey, Donald, and Goofy stood there a bit stunned.

"Garsh." Goofy said. "I guess this world knows almost everything outside."

"But still, we should try and keep the order in case we run into someone who doesn't know, especially you." Donald said, shifting his look at Sora.

"Hey!" Sora said.

"Well, we better get going." Cadance said, then turned to Riku and Mickey. "Master Riku, King Mickey, I'm ready."

"Of course." Riku said. "Oh, and you can just call me Riku if you want."

"And you can just call me Mickey." The king said.

"Ok, Riku, and Mickey." The Princess of Love said with a nod. She then headed into the train cart, with Shining approaching the group. Seeing Cadance boarding the train, who shot a glare right at him, made him sigh.

"I hope things will work out between you two." Sora said to the stallion.

"It probably won't." Shining said. "Sora, please find my sister. Bring her home."

"I will, Captain." Sora said. "Just promise me that you'll make things right with her, ok?"

"I promise." Shining said.

"Can you Pinkie Promise?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Of course-" Shining said, only for the party pony to lean up to his face with a glare.

"You Pinkie Promise?" She asked, making the stallion back away a bit.

"Yes." He said as he did the movements. "I cross my heart, hope to fly, and stick a cupcake in my e-AAHH!" He accidently poked himself in the eye while it was opened! He winced a bit in pain as he rubbed his eye. The girls looked at him.

"Yep, he is Twilight's brother." Rainbow Dash said, remembering when Twilight poked herself in the eye while asked by Fluttershy to keep a secret. Donald only laughed at the misfortune, while Sora whacked him behind the head.

"Hey!" Donald shouted.

"Be nice." Sora said as the duck gave a groan.

"Well, we're off." Riku said, as Shining headed into the train cart. "You take care now."

"You too." Sora said. "And be careful up there, alright? And no reckless stunts. Don't want you to end up like with your fight against Roxas."

"No need to worry." Riku said. "Mickey will look out for me."

"I sure will." Mickey said. "You guys be careful out there and try not to be reckless yourself."

"I'm not that reckless." Sora said.

"Yeah, he just doesn't think, that's all." Donald said.

"But you're still a hot head though." Sora said, with the duck rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry, your majesty." Goofy said as he pulled the two into a hug. "I'll keep an eye on them."

"What about you?" Donald asked Goofy. "You're naïve and clueless!"

"That's true." Sora said. "But he can see things that we can't."

"I do?" Goofy asked, while Donald against tapped his foot, and Sora gave a smile.

"Good luck, fellas." Mickey said.

"Take care." Riku said as he and the king went onto the train.

"See you soon!" Sora said as he, Donald, Goofy, Spike, and the girls waved goodbye, seeing the train take off to the north.

"So, now what?" Spike asked.

"We find Twilight." Sora said, and he pointed his keyblade out, which gave a magenta glow, and pointed straight toward south.

"We just gotta head this way." Sora said. "Any towns down there that we can check?"

"Maybe she headed down Appleloosa." Applejack said. "Might be a good place to start."

"Then that's where we'll go." Sora said.

"Attention!" A speaker spoke from the intercom. "The train heading back to Ponyville and beyond is now arriving!" Then suddenly, another train, The Friendship Express, the nice classic train colored in pink approached the station and opened its doors as it stopped.

"Everybody ready?" Sora asked, looking back at the group.

"Yep!" The girls said, with Spike, Donald, and Goofy giving a nod. With that said, the boy looked at the train and nodded as well.

"Alright, here we go." Sora said as they all got onto the train. As everyone got on board, the train doors closed and left Canterlot. Everyone watched the town disappear behind them, ready to begin their search for Twilight. While the train disappeared, no one and no pony noticed the mysterious pony wearing a purple suit with a dark blue hat, watching the train leave...


Far from the castle nearly at the top of the mountain where the city was dangling from, the shadowy man in the black hood was watching from afar, along with Maleficent and Pete.

"Gosh, this place looks mighty pretty." Pete said. "You really sure you wanna destroy a lovely city like this?"

"Of course." Maleficent said. "This castle looks far too colorful for my standards. But pretty soon, I'll destroy this castle, and then rebuild it with my own personal touch of darkness."

"But before we do, we must deal with the Crystal Empire first." The man in black said. "For the empire's magic also affects the entire land. When the empire falls to darkness, the rest of Equestria won't stand a chance against us."

"Ok, but what's the plan?" Pete asked.

"While the Crystal Empire is back, so is the Unicorn King that was spoken about in the stories from long ago." The man said. "He is still trapped in that little frozen cell the Princesses placed him in. And we're gonna let him out."

"Let him out?" Pete asked.

"Absolutely." The man said. "We release King Sombra, he'll help us take over the Crystal Empire, and deal with the King and his bodyguard."

"And the stallion and Princess Cadenza as well." Maleficent said. "We cannot let that pink alicorn find the power source for the Crystal Empire."

"Alrighty then." Pete said. "This should be a snap. So, we gonna let him out?"

"Correction, you both are gonna let him out." The man said as he began to depart.

"Hey, where are you going?" Pete asked. "You said that you were gonna help us!"

"I am." The man said. "I'm going to do some recruiting."

"Recruiting?" Pete asked.

"Yes." The man said. "Even if the Empire falls into our hands, Canterlot will do whatever it takes to defend itself. So, I'm going to assemble some friends to help us, or any army so to speak. This land has some nasty creatures and ponies out here that hate this place. You might say that I'm good with... persuasion." Maleficent only smiled.

"Very well." The witch said, much to Pete's surprise. "You go invite some recruits for our army. We will go release the Shadow King."

"Oh, and one more thing." The cloaked man said. "What about the meddling keys?"

"The heartless have seeped into this world." Maleficent said. "They should keep them occupied."

"And if I happen to run into the boys?" The man asked.

"Do what is necessary." Maleficent said.

"Good... Very good." The man said. "Well, I'm off. I'll join you two soon!" With a friendly wave, he departed from the group to do his own thing, while Pete only looked on.

"Hmmm... I'm still skeptical about that guy." He spoke.

"No need to worry." Maleficent said. "He wants to help us, so we'll let him. Now, we must find King Sombra at once." Before leaving, Pete took one last look at the departing trains, especially the one with Riku and Mickey's group. Maleficent said that they mustn't find the Crystal Empire, especially the pink alicorn. Why her though?

"Say, you said we cannot let the pink unicorn with wings get to the Empire or find its power source?" Pete asked.

"Alicorn, you dupe." Maleficent said. "She is an alicorn. And yes, we cannot let her find the Empire's power."

"But why?" Pete asked. Maleficent turned her head and spoke.

"She is the descendent of Princess Amore." The witch said. The big guy then started thinking, and then gasped.

"Wait... what?!" He asked.

"Come." Maleficent said. "We are off." The witch the summoned a dark corridor to make it faster to the Frozen North. With a defeated sigh, the big lackey followed his mistress into the portal, while our heroes journeyed to find their lost friend, and save a crystal kingdom.

END OF ACT I

Author's Note:

Secret Report #4

I followed Sora and his friends to Equestria, and I'm keeping a close eye on them. Apparently Princess Celestia's student Twilight Sparkle went missing, or probably ran away. I heard about the fiasco at the wedding, with the invasion and all that. Do I blame them? Not really. But now Sora and the king's trusted subjects Donald and Goofy are journeying with her friends to the south to find her, while Old King Mickey and his dear friend Riku, who is also Sora's best friend, head off to the Crystal Empire. and I'm following Sora close by, while trying to figure out how he's still alive.
This probably goes against my mission to save the fractured timeline, but it's my best shot to find out who is responsible for destroying the future. But I still wonder... how is Sora still here though? - S

Well that's the end of that chapter. Act 1 of the story is complete! Soon, we'll be moving on to Act 2, but it might be a while until I start posting chapters for it.

New Weapons gained!

Dream Shield C - a shield empowered by Princess Celestia's magic. It is said to use the powers of the sun, while granting amazing protection against magic!
ATK +7
MAG +0
Abilities: Magic Screen

Dream Rod L - a staff empowered by Princess Luna's magic. It is said to use the powers of the moon, as well as granting the wielder perfect magic boost!
ATK +6
MAG +8
Abilities: Magic Boost

Items Acquired:
Element of Magic - The sixth element of harmony, inside the tiara which Twilight wields when using the Elements.

Elemental Bracelets - special bracelets that allow the wearer to wield the magic in this world, but only a little bit. WARNING: These don't fully restore magical powers.

Lunar Charm - a magical charm that can allow the holder to contact Princess Luna. Good thing she isn't busy during the day.


Now, if you're wondering why it wasn't Sora who chastised the girls. Because that's not Sora's character. He's not the kind of person to hold a grudge. He's more forgiving and understanding. He was quite shocked and not happy with how the girls treated Twilight during the rehearsal and wedding planning, but he's not angry with them either. He knows that they were fooled and manipulated by the Changeling Queen. Sora is just too nice for his own good.

Also, the illusion of Young Xehanort, it's not Master Xehanort. It's what can be said, an illusion conjured by Sora's inner dilemma.

Also, I was listening to BlackGryph0n / Gabriel Brown's song Fighting Back, and I felt this was a good song. I know it's a Rainbow Dash song, but I thought it goes perfectly with Sora. Call me crazy if you will, but the song inspired me. Can't wait to see BlackGryph0n and Michelle Creber at BronyCon again!

Oh, and one more thing... Updates will probably take much longer than usual this time, because I'm a bit torn with how I want ACT II to go out. But don't worry, I'll figure it out.

The story is divided into five Acts, and the good news is that I already have Act III, IV, and V planned out and how they will work out.

In the meantime, I'll take this long period to work on my other story Hero-Quest Adventures: Jump Start, with the next chapter coming next month when I get back from BronyCon.

See you guys soon!