• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 15,328 Views, 329 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Fractured Friendship - KHXhero



An epilogue to Kingdom Hearts III, Sora and friends journey to find Twilight Sparkle and restore the magic of friendship, while also facing against his inner turnmoil.

  • ...
9
 329
 15,328

Chapter 31: Fear and Love

Chapter 31: Fear and Love

He kept running down the cavern. He just kept running and running until he was far enough. The whole event of Twilight and Shining fighting was too much for him to witness, and he couldn't take it anymore. Pretty soon, Sora came to a halt, and began to catch his breath.

After a moment, the boy only knelt down onto the ground, and lowered his head. He couldn't get the whole sibling argument out of his head. He just hated seeing friends fight like that. He just couldn't stand it.

"Why did they have to fight again." Sora asked himself.

"Feeling so helpless?"

The boy's eyes widened as he turned his head, hearing that voice. He knew that voice, a voice he hated to hear.

"It's so sad, isn't it? Two siblings fighting over a monster? Quite pathetic, yet so delightful." Suddenly, Sora felt someone walking behind him. Turning around, he saw him! Young Xehanort! Summoning his keyblade, he swung it, but Xehanort wasn't there.

"What?" Sora asked.

"But what's so entertaining is that you can't do anything to stop them from fighting." Xehanort's voice spoke. "Powerless, hopeless, to do anything to save a fragmented relationship." Turning his head, he saw Young Xehanort again, and swung his keyblade downward, but he wasn't there. What was going on?

"Where are you?" Sora asked.

"And if it keeps up, their love and friendship will wither away." The boy turned and looked forward, to see Young Xehanort just feet before him. Sora gasped.

"There's nothing you can do." Young Xehanort said. "You can't save everyone. Nor can you save anyone, just like how you couldn't save your dearly beloved friend." Hearing those words, referring to Kairi, brought back that horrible scene of Master Xehanort slicing her to pieces, as Sora couldn't save her. Remembering that made him grip his keyblade.

"SHUT UP!" Sora shouted as he charged forward and swung his keyblade down.

-CRASH-

The sounds of glass shattering made the boy open his eyes. There before him wasn't Xehanort, or any form of Xehanort at all. It was just a crystal wall, cracked by Sora's keyblade. Pulling it away, the crystal wall broke apart and shattered across the floor, revealing another hallway. What happened? Xehanort wasn't here.

Sora then realized what it was. Young Xehanort wasn't really here. It was just the effects of his own trauma. His doubt was playing tricks on him again. It happened again. Of course it would happen again. It's not like a cold that will go away in a couple days. He lowered his head.

"It was... just all in my head."

"Sora!" Familiar voices rang in his ears. He turned his head, seeing Donald and Goofy coming up towards him.

"Oh, Donald, Goofy." Sora said.

"Good thing we found you." Goofy said. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sora said, though the two knew that he had his keyblade out, and there was crystal shards on the ground around him, and the passage way in front of him.

"What happened?" Donald asked. Sora then took notice of his work around him.

"Oh... just... had to let out some steam." He said. Both the knight captain and royal wizard tilted their heads. They can already guess what happened.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Donald asked. The boy only lowered his head, knowing that he shouldn't keep this stuff from them.

"No." He said, knowing that he wasn't ok. "It happened again. My mind... my doubt... it played tricks on me again."

"Oooh..." Goofy said, sounding worried. "Is it because of Twilight and Shining's argument."

"Yeah." Sora said defeated.

"Sora." Donald said, as the boy glanced away, remembering how he lost his cool and ran off like that.

"I'm sorry you had to see." He admitted, his hands on his arms. "I just... I hate seeing people fight like that. I know that we're not suppose to push them to forgive each other, but I hate how things escalate so badly." The boy couldn't get it out of his head, the two siblings quarrel over a changeling who didn't even hurt a fly. Sure, Shining didn't have to be so offensive towards Thorax, but Twilight shouldn't have brought up all that stuff.

"Aww, don't worry, Sora." Goofy said, his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Twilight's trying her best, and Shining, he's still a bit jumpy because of what happened at the wedding. He did get mind controlled by the Changeling Queen."

"The Changelings did launch an Invasion on Equestria." Donald said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Sora said, looking back at the direction he came. "What if they don't end up making up?"

"They will." Goofy said. "One way or another, they'll make amends. You just have to believe, that's all." Just believe, Sora thought? That's right. He's heard those words before. If you believe, you can do anything, and anything can happen.

"Yeah, you're right." Sora said with nod.

"And If it makes you feel better, I gave them a big push!" Donald said.

"How?" Sora asked.

"I... uh.... trapped them in an icy cage." Donald said.

"WHAT?!" Sora asked surprised. "Donald, you didn't need to do that!"

"Well, who was?" Donald asked. "They needed the push!" Sora only sighed in annoyance. Why did Donald have to do that.

"We better go back and let them out." Goofy said.

"Yeah, and you better apologize too." Sora said.

"Fine." Donald said. "Hopefully that set them straight." The boy only shook his head as he got up, and the three went back to go get Twilight and Shining out of their cage.

"Sora..."

The boy stopped in his tracks, his eyes widening up as he heard that voice. He turned his head around swiftly.

"Huh?" He asked, with Donald and Goofy stopping.

"Sora?" Goofy asked. The boy turned back around and glanced the way he was going before.

"Did you hear that?" Sora asked.

"Hear what?" Donald asked.

"That voice." Sora said. "I just heard it." The boy glanced around, and leaned in to listen.

"Sora... can you hear me?"

He gasped. It was a voice! A girl's voice! And he knew that voice clear as day!

"It's Kairi." He said. "She's here!"

"Huh?" Donald asked.

"I didn't hear anything, Sora." Goofy said.

"Can't you hear?" Sora asked. "Listen!" He leaned in towards that direction. He tried listening again, but there was no answer. So, he called out.

"Kairi, Can You Hear Me?!" He called. He leaned in to hear.

"Sora! Where are you?!"

Her voice was echoing to him, making him smile. She was here! She was definitely here! He then felt something familiar... something bright... very bright! It was Kairi! It was definitely her! Behind him, Donald and Goofy looked confused.

"You think he's gone mental?" Goofy asked.

"That's it." Donald said as he slowly raised his staff. "I'm gonna bonk him right now!" Seeing this however, Goofy rushed forward and tried to pull the staff away, preventing the royal wizard from doing such an act.

"It's her!" Sora said. "She is here! C'mon!" He then made his way towards the direction the voice was calling from.

"Sora, Wait!" Donald shouted as he and Goofy ran after him.


The boy kept running down the caverns, following the direction the voice came from. It was Kairi's voice. It was definitely her! She was here? How was she here? It didn't matter! He had to see her! He needed to see her! He finally made his way out of the caverns and came to a stop, finding himself in a circular room.

"Kairi?" Sora asked, looking around. But she wasn't here. She was nowhere to be found at all. Pretty soon, Donald and Goofy finally caught up to him, and stopped to catch their breath.

"Sora, didn't we tell you not to run off?!" Donald asked angerly.

"Where is she?" Sora asked, looking around again. "She has to be here somewhere."

"Sora, we didn't hear anything." Goofy said.

"I did." Sora said, looking back at them. The two glanced at each other. They could tell that he was serious.

"But how could she get all the way here?" Donald asked.

"It's not possible unless she has a ship." Goofy said.

"Maybe she traveled the same way Terra, Aqua, and Ven travel to worlds." Sora said. "You know, their keyblades turn into vehicles, just like how mine can turn into different weapons."

"Well, she can wield a keyblade." Goofy said.

"Yeah, but still." Donald said. Sora continued to frantically look around, but the red haired girl was nowhere to be seen.

"But... I could've sworn I've heard her." Sora said. Suddenly, he noticed something. Something laying down on the floor before him. It looked like a sword, a crystal silver-blue colored sword laying on the ground. The boy approached it, knelt down and picked it up. The blade was long, and the hilt was interesting. It had what appeared to be a strange line or wing that went a bit upwards to the other side of the guard.

"A sword?" Sora asked.

"Here in the castle?" Donald asked.

"It's probably a sword that belonged to Princess Amore, the original ruler of the Crystal Empire." Goofy said. The boy glanced down at the blade, examining it. No. This sword wasn't any ordinary blade, nor was it an Equestria magic one. This one feels more... ancient... powerful... and... something else.

"Guys, I don't think this belongs to Equestria." Sora said. "The magic seeping from it... It's... ancient... I think it came from the outer worlds."

"A sword from another world?" Donald asked, as Goofy began to think. He glanced at the sword carefully.

"Strange... why do I feel like I've seen this sword before?" He asked.

"Have you?" Sora asked.

"No, but I've seen something like this in the King's Private Library." Goofy said.

"What were you doing in there?" Donald asked. "Nobody's allowed in there except the King."

"Well, it was a long time ago, and his room was pretty dusty." Goofy said. "So while he was away one time, I cleaned his room up, even his private library. It was actually a bit open, and one of the books was on the floor. The book had designs of a couple of other weapons like this one."

"What was the book called?" Sora asked.

"I can't seem to remember." Goofy said. "Lucious? No, that's a long name." As Goofy began to wonder about the name, Sora glanced back at the sword, and noticed something attached to the blade. It looked like a parchment of some kind, and it had words on it. Taking the paper off the blade, he unrolled it, and read it's contents.

To those who finds this
I have hidden my royal glaive below this kingdom so it may one day be found by one of my people when the time would come. If anyone else stumbles upon it, keep it safe and grant it to the 114th heir of our Family Dynasty, so he may one day protect the light from the darkest scourge. For Hearth and Home. - Yūgure Lucis Caelum

Yūgure Lucis Caelum... Lucis Caelum.

"Wait a minute, I know that name!" Sora said, remembering his previous encounter with that Noctis boy eariler today in that vision. "That boy with the black hair, the one I saw in that crystal orb. His last name was also Lucis Caelum." Hearing those words finally sparked Goofy's brain.

"Oh, that's right!" Goofy said. "Lucis!"

"Hmm?" Sora asked.

"That's the name of the book the King had in his library." Goofy said.

"Lucis?" Sora asked. "What's so special about it?"

"It's part of another world that the King had went to many years ago." Goofy said. "It was during one of the lands Founder's Day festival, from what he told me." Sora was a bit surprised. There was a place called Lucis somewhere out there? Somewhere in another world? And this sword came from that world?

"But... why would someone leave a sword from that world in this one?" Sora asked.

"Not sure." Goofy said. "But Yūgure does sound familiar, though." As the two continued talking, Donald only rolled his head, feeling bored. But as he turned his head, he noticed something on the wall. Next to the wall was a strange looking door, very medieval like, and a strange crystal was above it. The royal wizard approached it.

"What's this door?" Donald asked as he grabbed ahold of the handle and opened it up, and peeked inside.

"Hello?" He asked. Suddenly, he quacked with a fearful quack, staring straight at what was inside the door. Suddenly, his eyes turned red and his sclera shifted to a green color. He stood there frozen stiff, as if fear finally took a hold of him.

"Nooo...." Donald said. "NOOOO!!!" His shout got Sora and Goofy's attention.

"Donald?" Sora asked.

"Get Away From ME!!! NOO! NOO! NOOOOO!!!" Donald shouted as he stepped back, but his gaze was towards whatever what was inside the door. Seeing the glow in his eyes, Sora realized what was happening.

"Goofy, get Donald away from the door!" Sora said.

"You got it!" Goofy said and he quickly pulled Donald away from the door, while Sora slammed it shut. Using his keyblade, he sent a powerful ray straight at the crystal above it, and then a magical lock appeared on the crystal, locking the door up. With the door closed, Sora glanced back at Donald, who was still shivering with fear as Goofy comforted him.

"Donald, are you ok?" Sora asked.

"I... I saw them!" Donald said.

"Saw what?" Goofy asked.

"Men from Mars!" Donald shouted.

"Men from Mars?" Sora and Goofy asked.

"Yeeesss...." Donald said, shivering from beak to feet.

"Wait, you mean the ones from those nightmares you used to have?" Goofy asked.

"Yeah!" Donald said. "I saw them from inside that door!"

"Garsh, that's the first time that's come up." Goofy said. "You haven't had those dreams in years." As the duck shivered a bit and clung to Goofy, Sora glanced back at the door, having some familiarity with it. The design of the door, it was the same one he saw in the page of the book he was reading back at the library.

"That door." Sora said as he approached it. "I know about this. When we were looking through the library, I came across a page in the book that spoke about a door called the Door of Fear."

"Door of Fear?" Donald and Goofy asked.

"It's suppose to house a dark magic that can conjure anybody's worst fear when they look inside the door." Sora said. "This must be that door."

"Garsh." Goofy said. "I wonder who built it there."

"Good thing that thing's closed for good!" Donald said. "I never wanna go in there again!" Sora glanced at the two, and then back at the door. He felt something... something strange. Something was... speaking to him.

"Conquer your demons..."

"Huh?" He thought.

"Conquer your fear, defeat your demons, and you will be one step closer to peace."

The boy heard that sentence echo in his head. Whatever he was hearing, he felt like... he had to go in there. Why? Was Kairi in there? That can't be right. Was the Crystal Heart in there? Well, maybe Sombra must've hidden it in there. And that voice, telling him to conquer his demons. Whatever the reason, he knew one thing.

"I'm going in there." He spoke.

"HUH?!" Donald and Goofy asked.

"I'm gonna go inside." Sora said. "I'm going to go check it out."

"No, Sora!" Donald shouted.

"Yeah, we don't want you to go in there and be scared to death!" Goofy said. Sora only shook his head and glanced back at the two.

"Guys, just think about it." Sora said. "What if Sombra hid the Crystal Heart behind this door? He probably knew that someone would find it, so he might've hid it in here. And besides, I need to go in there. I just... I just have to."

"You think Kairi's in there?" Goofy asked.

"I don't know." Sora said. "But I have to go in there."

"For what?!" Donald asked. Sora then glanced down at his hand, seeing it twitching slightly. It was there. There was still adrenaline flowing in his body, the doubt and fear that still remained from his nightmares. He knew that he had to finish this.

"For unfinished business." Sora said, clenching his hand.

"You mean..." Donald said.

"You're horror-flashes?" Goofy asked.

"Yes." Sora said, glancing back at the door. "The door will no doubt bring my worst fears to life. But the only way to conquer fear is to face it. My problems began the moment I've had these nightmares, and they've gone on for long enough. And now, I have to face them."

"But Sora." Donald said. "If I was able to be scared stiff easily, it'll do the same to you!"

"Yeah." Goofy said. "You're already recovering, and we don't want you to feel distraught again." Sora only shook his head.

"Sorry, guys." Sora said. "But I need to do this. I just have to. If I don't do this now, it's still gonna linger until it consumes me, and next time, I probably will be scared." He glanced back at the door.

"It's gonna take all my heart." He said. "Whatever that door houses, I'm going to face it."

"There's no talking you out of this, is there." Donald said.

"Nope." Sora said, looking back at the two. "I just have to follow my heart. And you know that." Donald and Goofy stared at each for a moment, but they both gave a nod, knowing that Sora had to do this. This was something he had to do, and they can't stop him.

"Ok." Donald said. "But if it gets bad, we'll jump right in with you, ok?" Hearing that made Sora smile.

"Thank you." He said.

"Good luck, Sora." Goofy said.

"Gotcha." Sora said. As he turned around, he glanced at the strange sword that was in his left hand. Shouldn't be any harm in bringing it along. It could come in handy.

He then stared straight at the door, and summoned his keyblade. Pointing straight at the lock, the keyblade charged it's ray and shot straight at it, unhinge the lock, allowing the door to slowly be opened, as a black mist began to seep from it. Sora almost gasped, his eyes suddenly turning red, and his sclera turning green. No doubt he was seeing his fear. But he gave a nod, knowing that he had to do this. He had to conquer his demons. If it will help him find the Crystal Heart, then he had to. He gripped his keyblade, and the sword in his other hand, and walked towards the door, heading inside.


Stepping forward, Sora opened his eyes, and saw that he was in a pitch black area. There was nothing going on around him. It was like an empty void, where there was no one in sight, and nothing to be seen. It was just... darkness. Not your typical everyday sort of darkness. This was... advanced darkness.

"Nothing?" Sora thought, looking around. Seeing nothing.

"Why is there nothing?" Sora asked himself. "Does the door not affect me? But it affected Donald, so should it affect me too?"

"You're back..." That familiar voice made Sora turn his head. It wasn't Donald or Goofy. It definitely wasn't Riku or Kairi. It was him. Xehanort.

"Where are you, Xehanort?" Sora asked.

"You've finally decided to come here." Young Xehanort's voice said. "Rather foolish if you ask me."

"I know you're there." Sora said. "I know you're here somewhere... lurking... hiding... waiting to jump out."

"You're right boy..." Young Xehanort said, though his voice was shifting to a more older one. "I've been with you all along, and I've been every voice inside your head." The boy then felt something, as Young Xehanort's voice transitioned into a much older voice. A nasty smell of darkness behind him. He quickly turned around, and saw him. The old man with the silver goatee, the yellow eyes. It was him.

"Master Xehanort!" Sora said as he summoned his keyblade. The old man only gave a smile, with a quiet sinister chuckle.

"Why are you here?" The boy asked.

"The same reason you are here." Master Xehanort said. "The door you went through creates an illusion of your fear and doubt. And those emotions of weakness conjured me into existance."

"So wait... I'm afraid of you?" Sora asked. "How is that possible?"

"No boy, you haven't been listening." Master Xehanort said. "The door brings to life not only your fear, but your doubts as well."

"My... doubts?" Sora asked.

"That's right." Master Xehanort said. "Don't you remember? It all began on that fateful day, when darkness should've prevailed and the light should've expired. See for yourself." The boy tilted his head, but then turned to his right. Suddenly to his surprise, the black area transformed into a vast wasteland, with brown and orange colossal columns of rocks were rising from the ground, and thousands of keyblades were dug into the ground.

"This place..." Sora said. "The Keyblade Graveyard!"

"Yes." Master Xehanort said. "This is the sacred place where the great end came. These lifeless keys used to be full of power. United by the hearts of their masters, on this barren soil, deviants of heaven and hell were locked in combat, those who served the light, those who served the darkness, those who wanted power, and those who wanted to protect, as the Great Keyblade War raged." Sora only glanced at the hundreds of keyblades that were dug into the ground.

"Many of them giving their lives in search for one ultimate key, a key that is forged into twenty pieces." Xehanort continued. "Seven Lights, and Thirteen Darkness." Sora knew which weapon he was talking about. The great keyblade that protected Kingdom Hearts for a long time.

"The χ-Blade." Both of them said.

"Why are we here?" Sora asked.

"Just look." Master Xehanort said, pointing straight at the empty space near the entrance. Sora looked to where he was pointing, and to his surprise, it was himself, with Donald, Goofy, Riku, King Mickey, Kairi, Lea, and Aqua and Ventus ahead of them, facing against Terra... But it wasn't their Terra, as his hair was white and his eyes were golden. It was Xehanort possessing Terra.

"This is..." Sora said in disbelief.

"That's right." Master Xehanort said. "This is the moment when you went up to face us, only to blunder into a massive failure." The scene before them played, as Terra-Xehanort, swung his keyblade and struck Ventus away, sending him unconcious and onto the ground, which horrified Aqua.

"Ven!" Aqua called out.

"That's It!" Sora shouted as he charged forward to strike, but Terra-Xehanort used his empty hand to stop Sora's attack and push him away. Seeing Kairi ahead, Terra-Xehanort moved in to strike, but Lea stepped in and blocked with his own keyblade, only to be blown away by the attacker.

"NO!" The real Sora shouted as he was about to charge forward, but he was stopped by a strange black mist, which held him in place.

"There's nothing you can do boy." Master Xehanort said. "You can only watch..." As Terra-Xehanort was about to swing his keyblade to strike Kairi down, the other Sora jumped in and shielded her. Luckily, Goofy used his own shield to block Terra-Xehanort's attack, while Donald prepared his most powerful attack, and his most dangerous one too! A magical circle appeared below him, as Donald began to glow brightly.

"Donald, NO!" Goofy called out, but it was too late.

"ZETAFLARE!" Donald cried out as he shot his staff forward, firing out a massive beam right at Terra-Xehanort, who screamed in agony as his entire body was vaporized. As the beam vanished, Sora, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and Kairi watched with surprise as Donald was all that was left standing.

However, Donald's staff slipped out of his hand, and he collapsed straight on the floor. Sora gasped in disbelief.

"Donald!" Goofy cried out as he rushed to him. Aqua rushed to Ventus's unconscious body.

"Ven!" Aqua said. "Ven, wake up!" Suddenly, far before them, a black hole appeared, and out from it came a massive swarm of Heartless, which was actually the Devil's Tide. On the other side, the real Sora knew what was about to happen. The monster was going to suck up his friends like last time.

"No!" Sora said. He tried to break free from the mist, but to no prevail.

"It's too late, boy." Master Xehanort said. "And now you will watch your friends die before you." And he was right. The swarm moved in and took Aqua first, and then it took Lea and Kairi, followed by Ventus, and then Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, all of them sucked up at once. The other Sora reached his hand out to save Kairi, but he couldn't save her.

"SORA!" She cried out as she was sucked into the storm, leaving Riku and Sora the only ones left. The other Sora, who had seen everyone taken from him, dropped his keyblade and knelt to the ground.

"GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Sora screamed in anguish, with the real Sora managed to break free from the mist, but fell to the ground.

"It's so sad, isn't it." Master Xehanort said. "How you all struggled to get this far, only to fall so short. To fail everyone... and even fail yourself." The real Sora looked up, and saw something before him. Right there, laying down on the ground defeated and slain was everyone, including Riku. Sora got up in shock as he looked around, seeing nobody getting up. They were all... dead. Sora then turned to Riku, who was on the ground faced up, covered in bruises and blood. He approached him and knelt down.

"Riku..." Sora said. Then suddenly, Riku opened his eyes and grabbed Sora by the shirt, startling him.

"You could've saved us..." Riku choked.

"Wha..." Sora gasped.

"You could've done more..." Riku said, before gasping his last breath and his hand dropped. Sora froze as he saw his best friend dead. He lifted his head up, and saw something that scared him more. Right there on the top was Kairi, with multiple keyblades stabbed right into her.

"No..." Sora said.

"This is what happened when you failed miserably..." Master Xehanort said as he approached the boy, who only lowered his head. "You had no chance to defeat me, as you were all fated to die trying. It's so pathetic... but so delightful." As the old man chuckled, the boy only closed his eyes.

"It's over... We lost..." Sora lifted his head up, seeing himself on his knees in defeat, as Riku only remained there. He got up and spoke.

"Sora... you don't believe that." Riku said. "I know you don't." Sora, the real one, gasped, remembering those words. He then remembered all the times where he was in other worlds, and some of the people he met were on the verge of giving up. But Sora was able to give them hope, to help them, telling them to never give up. And that is what Riku was telling him. Sora then spoke out.

"I don't believe that." He said.

"Hmm?" Master Xehanort asked. The boy got back to his feet.

"Before we fell, and I was ready to give up, a good friend looked me in the eye and said... 'you don't believe that'." Sora said, and then he turned back to the old man. "I may have led us to defeat, but there's one thing you didn't count on."

"And what's that?" Master Xehanort asked. The boy stared back at him with a smile.

"What's written isn't set in stone." Sora said. The old coot's eyes widened with shock.

"What?!" He asked.

"Look!" Sora said, pointing at the field, everything vanished, and everything rewound back to before Terra-Xehanort struck Ventus down. Before he could, a sudden blast emerged between them and Aqua, preventing from Terra-Xehanort from attacking. As the dust cleared, to the man's pure horror, crossing his blade was a suit of armor... Terra's Armor, which was brought to life by Terra' emotions, and the bonds of his close friends.

"Who Are You?!" Terra-Xehanort asked as the Lingering Will pushed him.

"Got you... Xehanort." The Lingering Will spoke as he pushed away Terra-Xehanort with his Ends of the Earth keyblade, surprising everyone. But Aqua and Ventus, they felt a strong familiar light coming from the Will itself.

"Terra?" Aqua asked.

"That's... his armor!" Ventus said. Terra-Xehanort was confused, and somewhat horrified.

"This Is Impossible!" Terra-Xehanort shouted. "You weren't suppose to be here!" The Lingering Will stood his ground, and approached his possessed body.

"How I've waited for this moment." He spoke. Then, with his mighty keyblade, he and Terra-Xehanort clashed once again. From afar, Master Xehanort was confused.

"Impossible..." He said. "This was not what the future foretold!" He then glanced at the spikey haired boy, who only smiled.

"What did you do?!" Master Xehanort asked.

"You forgot someone who was able to link up with people that I've met, even those that I've met in the past." Sora said. "Because of her, we were able to change the outcome. Of course, I wouldn't have had managed to do that without time travel." The old keyblade master's eyes widened when he heard the words time travel.

"You...!" He said. "You committed the Taboo of Nature!"

"You guessed it." Sora said, as the scene of the past continued to play out, where the Demon Tide emerged from the ground and transformed into a mighty cyclone, and the boy in the scene rushed in to fight, throwing away his doubt.

"But... you should've..." Master Xehanort said.

"Disappeared?" Sora asked. "Yeah, I should've. But someone close to me refused to let me go and kept me together. And because of that, I was able to change the outcome and save my friends from certain death. Everything I did was to save them, and to save the worlds!" The scene before them swapped over to Sora riding along the keyblades of light, powered by the light of the past to take down the cyclone once and for all.

"But... you cannot change fate!" Master Xehanort said.

"Maybe... but you cannot change what isn't set in stone." Sora said.

"But it was all written!" Master Xehanort shouted. "Everything was foretold..."

"What is written isn't certain to happen." Sora said. "Just because it was written, it doesn't truly mean that it's bound to happen. I already told you, Destiny is beyond our control. Just as the future is beyond our control. For a man who sought knowledge, you've been reading way too many books."

"But... but..." Master Xehanort spoke, but suddenly, he gasped. As he glanced at the boy, he saw another... a man with black spikey hair and blue eyes, wearing a set of black clothes. Seeing him as he saw Sora sparked fear.

"No... you're..." The old man said. Then suddenly, Sora summoned his keyblade, and the man Xehanort saw, summoned the sword Sora found and charged forward to strike. The old man summoned his nameless keyblade to block, but the boy swung upwards, bringing a mighty slash that tossed the old master's keyblade out of his hands, and made him drop to his knees. The nameless keyblade dropped to the ground and shattered into pieces, and the mysterious gazing eye within it, faded away as if it never existed. Clenching his chest, Master Xehanort struggled to breathe. He glanced up and saw the spikey haired boy looking down at him with a smile.

"So... you have bested me." Master Xehanort said. "Perhaps you truly are the better keyblade wieder among us."

"That's because I'm not afraid of you." Sora said. "I guess facing my fear isn't so bad after all." Hearing that made the old man smile and laugh, much to the boy's confusion.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Know so little you still do..." Xehanort said as he began to fade away slowly. "One who knows nothing can only understand nothing..." Sora stood surprised. He heard that phrase before, before his first adventure began. When Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness, told him those words.

"What?" Sora asked. "Wh... what do you mean?" The old man glanced at the boy with an evil smile.

"I was only your doubt." He said. "You've only conquered the ghosts in your heart that haunted you... but not your greatest fear." Sora's eyes widened. He only conquered his doubt, not his fear.

"The door shows one their greatest fear." Xehanort continued. "I, and your blunderous attempt was just your doubt, but not your fear. Failure is born from doubt, not fear. Fear is born from a traumatic experience, one that you have witnessed with your own eyes."

"Huh?" Sora asked, as the old man began to disintegrate rapidly.

"Goodbye, Sora." Xehanort said as he shifted between his old self and younger. "You're about to see... what true fear is like!!!" Pretty soon, he began to disappear, fading away.

"Wait!" Sora said, but the old man was gone. Everything around him was pitch black once more. The boy then started to think. Failure's not what he's afraid of? But then... what is it? He glanced down at his own hand.

"If it's not failure I'm scared of...." Sora said. "Then, what is it?"

"Sora...."

The boy lifted his head up, hearing a faint voice. Wait. He knows that voice. It was a girl's voice. A girl that knew well. Looking forward, he saw someone. Someone with familiar dark red hair, facing away from him. The boy gasped, knowing who it was.

"Kairi?" Sora asked. He then rushed forward, every step he took brought him closer to the girl. It was Kairi! She was here! Wait. She was here? How? He came to a stop as he got close enough.

"Kairi, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Sora?" She asked, her voice sounded weak and raspy. "Is... is that you?"

"Yes." Sora said. "It's me." She turned her head slightly, though she was in the shadows. While it was her, there was something off about her. Her eyes were lifeless, and her clothes were... gone?

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her face expressionless.

"Well, funny you should say that." Sora said. "I was-" He began to approach her.

"Stay away from me..." The girl spoke, with a sudden venom in her voice. The boy stopped, a bit surprised.

"Kairi?" Sora asked. "Why would I do that?"

"So now you care about me?" She asked, her voice hissing. "Now you care about worthless little me?" The boy was even more surprised. Why would she say that?

"What kind of a question is that?" Sora asked. "Of course I care about you. You're my best friend."

"No..." She said. "Riku's your best friend. But what about me? What am I to you? Just an stupid helpless excuse to save the world?" The boy was a bit confused, and he was beginning to worry. Why was Kairi saying that?

"Kairi, what do you mean?" Sora asked. "Why are you saying that?"

"Don't act so stupid, you lazy bum..." She spoke, her voice sounding sad and angry. "You're the problem, that's what."

"Huh?" Sora asked, even more confused.

"You've always left to go on adventures, and you've always left me alone in the dust." Kairi said. "And one day, you just left and never came back."

"Wh...what?" Sora asked. The girl slowly turned her body, her vulnerable fragile body, though she was still covered in the shadows. Her eyes were still lifeless like dead fish.

"I've waited and counted the days you were gone, hoping that you would come back." She continued. "But you never did, you never came back. You left me... you abandoned me." The boy was startled by what he was hearing.

"Wh... what are you talking?!" Sora asked. "I never abandoned you! You're my friend, remember?"

"Yes... just a friend by the way you say it..." Kairi spoke, hurt and pain through her voice. "But all you cared about was saving that other girl, who you cared about more than me..." The boy gasped with more shock and confusion. Was she talking about Twilight? Wait, how did she know Twilight?

"Kairi, that's not true!" Sora said. "Twilight's my friend, but you matter to me just as much!"

"Did I?" She asked. "Did I, little helpless me, matter so much to you? Because from the way you cared about that little Sparkle girl shows that you don't!" Her voice sounding louder and angrier made the boy step back.

"No, that's not-" Sora said.

"But it's not just her." Kairi said, showing a scowl. "It's everyone you've met. You're willing to help them and spend time with them rather than me. You cared more about everyone else than me!"

"Kairi, snap out of it!" Sora said.

"You left me, Sora... You abandoned me...!" Kairi hissed with anger. "Don't you know... what I've become?" She emerging from the shadows, revealing herself. Sora gasped in shock, and horror took hold of him. Before him was the girl he cared for, but much different. Her red hair was long with dark purple at the end, her eyes were bloodshot red, glowing and lifeless, and glowing veins were all over her exposed body from the veins of her arms to her neck and face. Her arms were pale and black with demonic claws, and her legs were the same color, showing spikes underneath. While she barely had clothes on, her body was pitch black purple, and there were long thin vines around her ankles, wrists, and neck. Her face was showing pure hatred and lust. Sora was horrified by what he was seeing, and it made him sick to his stomach. Kairi, the girl he cared about, was corrupted by darkness!

"K...Kairi?" He asked. "Wha... what happened to you?"

"Me?" She asked as she tilted her head with a wicked and emotionless smile. "I've embraced the darkness. I allowed the shadows to taint my soul, to rot me to my very core, and now I feel more powerful than you ever imagined." The boy only shook his head with disbelief. Kairi had allowed herself to be seduced by the darkness?

"No, the Kairi I know would never do this!" Sora shouted.

"That's right, I didn't." She said. "But you did..."

"Huh?" Sora asked.

"All the years of you pretending I didn't exist was the reason why I'm this way." Kairi said. "You're the one who left me in the shadows. You're the one who pushed me into the darkness just like you did to Riku!"

"No!" Sora shouted. "That's not-" Suddenly, he began to remember. He remembered where he was. He went through the door that is said to contain his worst fears. So this isn't really the real Kairi. It's just all in his head. He stood his ground.

"Wait, I'm not falling for this." The boy said. "You're not real. You're just playing tricks on me."

"Am I...?" The girl asked as she tilted her head in a very creepy way. "Now you're starting to catch on. The old fool said that you would meet your worst fear face to face, and now you have." The boy froze as he heard her say that.

"What?" Sora asked. "You're my worst fear? But I'm not scared of you."

"SORA!" A voice called out. Turning his head, he saw Kairi, in her normal state, running towards him.

"Kairi?" Sora asked. He then glanced back at Dark Kairi, and then back to the other Kairi. "Wha... what's going on?" Suddenly, long black tentacles sprouted from the ground, and began to grab the normal Kairi, causing her to scream.

"Sora! Help!" She cried out.

"Kairi!" Sora shouted as he rushed towards her, as the strange tendrils began to wrap around her neck, and began to seep her into the black water below her. The boy was close to reach her, but then suddenly, a pair of black vines grabbed him, causing him to trip. He tried to pull away, but the vines were tugging him farther from Kairi. He tried to reach her hand, but he couldn't. He then summoned his keyblade and sliced the vine from his leg. Getting up, he kept running towards the girl, who was being choked by the tentacles and began to pull her head.

"Sora... save me...!" She cried as she reached her hand out.

"KAIRI!" Sora shouted as he jumped to reach her hand, but she was pulled under the water, and the water solidified the surface, preventing her from breaking out, and stopping Sora from breaking in.

"NO!" Sora shouted. He raised his keyblade in the air and began to slam down on the ground, hoping to break the glass. But every time he hit the ground, it wasn't break. He tried again, and again, but nothing was working. The girl underneath was beginning the choke and suffocate as the tentacles and the water below kept her from moving. One more slam, but the keyblade couldn't break it.

"No!" Sora shouted as he knelt down, slamming his fist upon the glass, but it would no break.

"Kairi, Hang On!" He cried. "I'm gonna get you out!"

"It's... too... late..." She spoke.

"Huh?" Sora asked. He glanced at the girl. Her eyes were lifeless, but she spoke.

"Why couldn't you... save me?" Kairi asked. "You promised... you would... keep me safe..." Sora's eyes widened. The memory of Kairi slashed by Xehanort into pieces came back to him and played in his head, where Sora failed to save her.

"No..." He said.

"You promised to protect me..." Kairi spoke. "But you just watched me die..."

"I...." Sora said.

"Don't you see?" She asked. "It's not me you're afraid of..."

"What?" Sora asked.

"You're afraid... of losing me..." She spoke, her eyes turning red and her teeth grew sharp. Suddenly, her hand phased through the ground and grabbed him by the neck. Her was so strong, he began to struggle to get air out. He tried to move her arm away, but he held on, just as she began to phase through the water and lifted him up.

"And now, your broken oath will bite you once in for all!" She said, her voice becoming more distorted, more demon like. As he struggled to break away, she opened her mouth, showing her sharp teeth.

"AHH!" Sora shouted, and summoned forth his keyblade. He swung hard, slicing the arm holding him right off.

"GAH!" Kairi shouted as he backed away and he dropped to the floor. Looking forward, he saw the sliced up arm dissolve, and to his shock, her arm grew right back in it's place.

"So... you want to fight me, huh?" Dark Kairi asked. She then summoned to her hand her keyblade, but it was more black and corrupted. The flowers that were on it were shriveled and the blade coloring was black and purple. She pointed it forward, as Sora tried to stand his ground.

"Kairi, don't do this!" Sora shouted. "The darkness is blinding you! Resist it!"

"No." Dark Kairi said as she limped upwards. "It's all I have left."

"Please, I don't want to fight you!" Sora said.

"That's fine." Kairi said. "Because I will!" She rushed forward to strike, just as Sora raised his keyblade up in defense, blocking the attack. She swung again, and he blocked again. She swung upwards, causing his keyblade to be tossed away from his own hand. She then punched him right in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. As he turned his head, she raised her keyblade upwards.

"Die!" She said as she swung down, but Sora rolled behind her, summoning the Missing Ache keyblade in his hand, and then he slashed right at her in the back.

"UURGH!" She screamed as she turned around. "Why must you always hurt me!?" She swung again, while Sora blocked each strike she threw at him.

"Kairi, stop!" Sora shouted. "Don't do this please!"

"I didn't do anything... You did." Kairi said as she kept bringing in the strikes. "All the times you left me behind, saving the others instead of me!" She then kicked Sora with her foot, causing him to tumble and roll backwards on the floor face front. He lifted his head, seeing his other keyblade right in front of him. He reached to grab it, but suddenly a foot pressed against his hand.

"ARGH!" Sora shouted as he felt the hard force press on it hard. Looking up, he saw Dark Kairi, pointing her keyblade him.

"You disgust me... I HATE YOU!" She shouted as she thrusted down, but Sora yanked away and barely dodged. Swinging his other keyblade, he managed to trip her to the ground. Grabbing the other keyblade, he swung down. But she leapt backwards. But Sora continued to swing both keyblades as she tried to block. However, he swung at her leg, causing her to trip, and on instinct, he swung down.

"NO!" Dark Kairi screamed, making Sora stop. On the ground was Kairi, her normal face, looking up at Sora with scared eyes.

"Sora, please don't." Kairi said.

"Kairi?" Sora asked.

"Yes... it's me!" Kairi said, tears coming out of her eyes and smiling. The boy tilted his head and lowered his keyblade.

"A... Are you?" Sora asked.

"Wrong." She said, shifting back to Dark Kairi and lunging at him, taking him deep into the ground as he screamed.


Back outside the door, which was still opened, Donald and Goofy only watched and waited for Sora. But he hasn't come out yet, and that probably wasn't a good sign.

"He's been in there for a long time." Goofy said.

"Do you think something's happened to him in there?" Donald asked.

"I dunno, Donald." Goofy said. "I just don't know."

"We have to go in there!" Donald shouted. "He needs us!"

"Donald! Goofy!" The voice got their attention. They turned to see Twilight galloping towards them.

"Twilight?!" Donald and Goofy asked.

"How did you get out of the cage?" Donald asked.

"Spike got us out." Twilight said.

"Twilight, wait up!" Spike called out, getting the unicorn's attention. She turned to see Spike, Shining, and Thorax catching up to them.

"Don't run off like that, Twily." Shining said.

"Sorry, but I just had to..." Twilight said, only to notice that Sora wasn't present. "Wait, where's Sora?"

"He's in there!" Goofy said, pointing straight at the door that Sora went into not too long ago.

"What's that?" Twilight asked.

"It's a door that shows whoever sees in it their worst fear!" Donald said.

"Worst fear?" Twilight, Shining, Spike, and Thorax asked.

"Yeah." Goofy said. "It made Donald see Men from Mars."

"Hey!" Donald shouted, getting all heated from hearing that. "No one is suppose to know that, you big palooka!"

"Sorry." Goofy said. The baby dragon glanced at the door, and made his way towards it.

"This thing?" Spike asked as he looked inside. "I don't see anything except-" Suddenly, the baby dragon's eyes began to wide, as his sclera was covered with a bright green and his eyes turned into a bright red.

"AHHHH!!!" Spike shouted as he backed away from the door, much to Twilight's surprise.

"Spike?" Twilight asked.

"No!" Spike said as he fell to the ground. "No, Twilight! Don't Leave Me!" Seeing the glow in his eyes, Twilight realized what was happening. She quickly used her magic and pulled Spike away from the door.

"Spike, are you ok?!" Twilight asked. "Spike!" The baby dragon then blinked, and his eyes reverted to normal. But he looked pretty scared by what he saw. He looked up and saw Twilight.

"Twilight!" Spike said as he clung to the lavender unicorn and nuzzled her tightly. "I'm sorry, Twilight. Please don't leave me!"

"Leave you?" Twilight asked. "Why would I ever do that? What did you see in there?" The baby dragon was still shivering by what he saw.

"I saw... I saw you... you were really angry with me..." Spike said. "You just kicked me out of our house... and told me to never come back.... You said that you were ashamed of me...." Hearing that made Twilight's eyes widen. Spike saw her abandoning him? The thought of it made her feel horrible and shocked.

"Spike..." Twilight said. "It's ok. I would never abandon you-" She then stopped herself and began to think about what she was going to tell him.

"Actually... I did abandon you..." She spoke. Come to think of it, she did abandon him when she turned her back on Celestia, when she went off to search for the talismans to bring back an evil entity that would destroy Equestria. Looking back on those awful things, the lavender unicorn quickly pulled the baby dragon in for a hug.

"Oh, Spike..." She said as she nuzzled the baby dragon. "I'm so sorry..."

"Sorry?" Spike asked. "Sorry for what?"

"What I did, tossing my friends and Princess Celestia away, turning you away." Twilight said with sadness. "I did abandon you, just like that vision you saw in there... And for that... I'm really sorry." The baby dragon was a bit surprised to hear that. Not wanting her to feel bad, he hugged her closely.

"It's ok, Twilight." Spike said. "You didn't technically abandon me. When you cast everyone else away, you never harmed me in anyway. When that crazy snake lady was controlling you and tried to hurt me, you prevented her from doing so. You stopped her from doing anything to me. You showed love towards me. You still harbored love towards me, even though... even though I didn't stand up for you."

"Spike, what happened wasn't your fault." Twilight said. "What happened back at the wedding, you were just scared and confused. So I never blamed you for that... in fact, I shouldn't even blame you or anyone else at all. You all were victims, like me and Cadance were. But I promise you, Spike. From this day forward, I will never abandon you. You're my family. You've always been my family since the day I hatched you out of your egg. You will always be my family." Hearing that made Spike smile. He has always been part of Twilight's family? That brought tears to his eyes. Tears of joy. Without hesitating, the baby dragon hugged Twilight, and the unicorn returned the gesture. Pretty soon, Shining and Thorax glanced back at the door.

"So, this is a door that produces someone's worst fear?" Shining asked.

"It is." Donald said, just as Spike and Twilight broke their hug.

"And Sora is in there?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, he hasn't come out yet!" Goofy said. The lavender unicorn glanced back at the door. Sora was in there? If he hasn't come out, then something must've happened to him!

"Please... Save Him!"

The lavender unicorn gasped, hearing the voice speak to her. It must be the star that seeped into her body. It was telling her to go in there and save Sora. With a determined expression, she stood back up.

"I'm going in there." She said.

"But Twily, the door will affect you too." Shining said.

"It's ok." Twilight said. "I have to go in there. Sora's in trouble, and I have to help him."

"Twilight..." Spike said.

"Sorry, but I'm going in." Twilight said as she began to approach the door. Suddenly, she froze in place, seeing the contents within the door, as her eyes began to show the same green sclera and red irises that Spike possessed. But she shook it out of her head. Sora was in there and he needs help.

"I'm not running away again." Twilight said to herself. "Sora never gave up on me, so I won't give up on him. I have to face my fears. Friends Don't Quit!" Without hesitation, she quickly charged right into the door to save Sora as the others watched her go in.


Back inside the door, however, Sora was not having a fun time. Actually, it was painful and horrifying, having to fight Kairi, which is just a manifestation of his own fear. He was holding his keyblade up in defense as Dark Kairi swung hers against his. She was fighting very aggressively, and defense wasn't helping him at all. With one powerful thrust, she was able to slip Sora's keyblade away, allowing her to punch him right in the face, sending him to the floor. As he got up, he turned around, seeing Dark Kairi with her keyblade raised in the air.

"DIE!" She shouted as she swung down, but the boy quickly rolled once more and dodged her swing, which could've stabbed him. He then grabbed his keyblade, and swung as he kept telling himself that she wasn't real. She wasn't real, he thought to himself. It's just a manifestation. He gave a strong swing with both keyblades, striking her right in the back, causing her to let out a screech that made her sink into the ground and disappear.

Gripping his keyblades in his hand, he glanced around, but she was no where in sight. Where was she? He could feel his hands shaking. He was afraid. But he wasn't afraid of her, that's one thing. But seeing her like this... it was scaring him to death. He looked around, but still couldn't see any trace of her. Then... he heard a whisper.

"Peek-a-boo..."

Suddenly, he was grabbed from the air by his head, by her claws, and she hurtled towards the ceiling as she laughed psychotically. Then as he dropped to the floor, the black tentacles grabbed him and held him up, as she dropped down, and she struck him hard in the face. As all this was happening, a bright spark punched through the darkness, revealing to be Twilight, who managed to get in the door. She gasped as she saw the pitch black around her.

"What... what is this place?" She asked. She then glanced forward and saw Sora, trapped and punched by Dark Kairi. Seeing this brought that painful memory of Midnight punching Sora's lights out multiple times.

"SORA!" Twilight screamed as she galloped forward to help. But soon, something appeared in front of the lavender unicorn. Something tall with a long horn and wings. It was given color and it turned out to be Princess Celestia! And she didn't look too happy.

"Princess Celestia?" Twilight asked, before the regal princess slammed her hoof down.

"You Had One Job!" Celestia shouted. "ONE JOB!"

"What?" Twilight asked confused. "What are you..."

"You have betrayed me, Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia shouted as she angerly approached the pony, who stepped away with each step. "You have let Equestria fall to darkness, and you abandoned everything that I thought you. I was wrong, after all. You were never truly ready for your destiny."

"What?" Twilight asked, but then something clicked in her head. Princess Celestia acting in anger? She would never act like this in front of her. She never even shown this amount of rage in front of her all her life. This was the Door of Fears she was in, so this wasn't Princess Celestia.

"No." Twilight said. "You're not Princess Celestia." Hearing that made the regal princess gasp.

"What did you say to me-?" Celestia asked.

"Don't bother!" Twilight said. "I know you're just my fear playing tricks on me."

"W...What?!" Celestia asked.

"This is the Door of Fears, remember?" Twilight asked. "It brings our biggest fear to life. So you're just my own fear trying to trap me. But that's not going to work on me this time. At first, I did fear Princess Celestia at some extend, because I was afraid of letting her down. But when all of this started, I started to fear something much bigger than her. Myself." Hearing that made the fake regal princess grin, and her mouth spread wide and far that her gums were showing.

"Well... you catch on pretty quick, you foalish pony..." The princess said, before morphing into that of a darker Twilight with a flame-like floating mane and tail with demonic wings sprouting out. It was Midnight Sparkle!

"You..." Twilight said.

"Hello there, little me." Midnight spoke with a sinister grin. "Didn't expect to see me again, didn't you."

"I had a feeling." Twilight said. "But I don't have time for this. Get out of my way."

"Or what?" Midnight Sparkle asked as she got bigger and bigger, growing to the size of a tall building. "You really think you can get through me? You pesky little foal?" Twilight looked at her, and then saw Sora still fighting against the corrupt version of his dear friend. Her friend needed him. She wasn't going to run away.

"I may be afraid, but I'm not afraid to face you." Twilight said. She then stomped on her foot, and surprisingly, it sent out a flash of light, which struck Midnight.

"GAH!" The deity shouted in pain as the light struck her, making her drop to her knees in pain, and started to shrink down slowly. "Wha... what is this?! How are you?!" Twilight kept walking forward. Each hoofstep sending out a flash that kept striking Midnight and making her shrink more and more!

"I told you, you're not real." Twilight said. "You're just my fear trying to scare me away. But I'm not gonna run away while my friend needs my help." Midnight lifted her head to see Twilight. But then she saw someone, someone transparent next to her. A familiar girl with red hair and blue eyes, standing by the lavender unicorn's side. This power was beyond what Midnight could imagine. It was the power of one of the seven pure lights!

"Wh...Impossible!" Midnight shouted.

"I got three words for you, other me." Twilight said. "Go buck yourself..." Her horn lit up with magic and she shot straight forward, striking Midnight with everything she got.

"GAAAAAAHHH!!!" Midnight screamed in pure agony as the light began to pierce through her, making her evaporate and disintegrate into pieces until there was nothing left. The lavender unicorn gave a smile, proud that she has faced her fear. With Midnight gone, Twilight now brought her attention to Sora. Seeing the boy in trouble, she galloped towards him.

Sora, unfortunately, wasn't having a good time. He kept feeling his face getting punched by the twisted version of his dear friend. Pretty soon, she stopped, allowing Sora to breathe.

"You know what they say." Dark Kairi said. "Never wound what you can't kill." She summoned a sphere of darkness, ready to hurl him with it.

"Kairi... please." Sora said. "This is not you! Fight the darkness! Fight it!"

"Sorry, Sora." Dark Kairi said. "But it's all that's left of me."

-PEW-

A magenta colored beam shot Dark Kairi's hand, making her flinch in pain.

"What?" She asked. She turned her head, seeing Twilight Sparkle rushing in to stop her.

"Leave Him Alone!" Twilight called out as her eyes glowed brightly, and she shot a mighty blast to send her away and across the floor. With that done, Twilight rushed to Sora and used her magic to destroy the tentacles holding him, allowing him to drop to his knees.

"Sora!" Twilight said. "Are you alright?" The boy lifted his head up, surprised that Twilight was here.

"Not so much about the pain, but I'll be alright." He said, trying to get back up on his feet. However, Dark Kairi lifted herself up, and turned her head with a vicious glare.

"How dare you!" She shouted as she summoned an orb of darkness from her hand. She then fired it straight forward right at the two.

"Run!" Sora shouted as he and Twilight started to run, only for the orb to hit the ground just inches away, sending both Sora and Twilight to fly across the floor, while also causing something to fly right out of Sora's pocket. The two slammed face first, right into the surface-less ground and tumbled over.

"Oooh..." Twilight groaned as she shook her head, just as Sora lifted his head up, shaking the dizziness out of it.

"That hurt." He said as he slowly got to his feet, trying to regain his fighting spirit. But then he looked forward, and gasped. Right there was the Wayfinder charm yards before him. It must've flew out of his pocket when he flew across the floor. He was about to make his way towards it, until Dark Kairi glanced down at it and picked it up.

"Oh look... the charm I gave you..." She said, though her voice was venomous.

"Give that back!" Sora shouted.

"Sorry... but you don't deserve it..." She spoke, and then...

-CRACK-

She clenched her fist, causing the charm to shatter. The boy gasped, and so did Twilight. Dark Kairi then opened her hand, causing the charm, now broken into seven pieces, to drop on the floor. Sora stood there in deep shock. The Wayfinder Charm was broken...

"No..." He spoke.

"Awww, why do you even care?" Dark Kairi asked, pointing her keyblade at him. "You never even knew the special meaning behind it." Sora only glanced at the broken pieces of the Wayfinder Charm. At that moment, tears began to drop from his eyes. His hand shifted to a fist slowly. It was like.. something inside him snapped. And it did.

"GRRAAAAHH!" Sora shouted as he summoned both keyblades and charged forward, swinging with everything he had, while Dark Kairi crossed her own blade with his.

"Oh, look at this..." Dark Kairi said. "You're angry over a stupid little trinket."

"SHUT UP!" Sora shouted. "ARS ARCANUM!" He pushed her and continued to swing his keyblades multiple times while she blocked each one, though he was attacking with great force which caused her to be pushed back. This was actually very heartbreaking for anyone to bare witness, especially for Twilight. Two friends facing against each other would be painful. But she was laughing as he shouted and swung.

"That's it...!" She said. "Let in the rage! Give into your hate! Just like I have!" Sora only let out another shout as he flung the keyblade right out of her hands and then swung once more, striking her down.

"GAAAHHH!" Dark Kairi shouted as she fell to her knees, clutching her stomach. As she looked up, she saw Sora, who then raised his keyblades in the air, ready to finish her off. She smiled.

"What are you waiting for?" She asked. "Finish me..." The boy only glared at her with sadness and rage, and raised his keyblade.

"Sora, Stop!" Twilight called out. He stopped himself, hearing her voice. Finally snapping back to reality, he turned his head back to the lavender unicorn.

"Twilight?" He asked, surprised to see her.

"Sora... please, stop." Twilight said. "This isn't you. Don't make the same mistake I almost made." He turned his head for a moment, going over what just happened. Looking down, he saw Dark Kairi looking straight at him, waiting for him to finish her.

Wait, he thought. What was he doing? Was he really willing to strike down his dear friend? Was he really willing to kill her despite the darkness taking over her. Even if this was just an illusion?

But something about this made him look right back at her. He began to see the vision of Master Xehanort striking down Kairi. This was just like that... except it was Sora. He gasped.

No, he thought to himself. This wasn't right. This wasn't right. He lowered his keyblades, and released them, causing them both to drop to the ground. He backed away.

"No..." He told himself, surprising the girl. "This isn't right... I won't... I won't end you." He then glanced down at his own hands, and he clenched them both. Was he really afraid of losing Kairi? Was he afraid of losing himself? Or was it both? He didn't know anymore. He just didn't know. He turned around and saw the pieces of the Wayfinder charm. He then made a run for it to collect them, but the dark corrupted girl smiled. She then sent out a black tentacle to grab his foot, causing him to fall over.

"Gah!" Sora shouted, seeing the tentacle pulling him away, but with all the strength he had left, he was able to grab the seven pieces of the charm, and clutched them close as she continued to pull him away.

"You're such a fool." Dark Kairi said, shape-shifting into a much larger monster. "A heart can only withstand so much pain." She dragged him across the floor towards her, while he used his free hand to try and hold the ground, but it wasn't working.

"HELP!" Sora shouted. "Someone help!" He was still getting pulled away, but he tried to reach out his hand. But then suddenly, something caught his hand, and it felt like another hand. Actually, it felt like a pair of hooves.

"Huh?" Sora asked as he lifted his head up, and surprise took over, seeing a familiar lavender unicorn holding on to him.

"Twilight!" He said.

"It's Ok!" Twilight said. "I got you!" Seeing the lavender unicorn try to save him, the girl in darkness growled.

"Get away from him!" She shouted. "He's Mine!" She then commanded the tentacles to tug Sora from the lavender unicorn. But Twilight ignited her magic and she began to pull Sora away from his tainted friend. It was at an unfortunate stalemate, as both sides were neither winning, or losing. It was like tug-a-war, but Sora was being pulled from both sides.

"Sora, Hold On!" Twilight said.

"I don't know what to do!" Sora said. "I can't reach her! I've tried everything, but nothing worked! I.... I can't face her!" The lavender unicorn tried to think hard of what could work. Nothing was working. But then she remembered. When she encountered her worst fear while focusing on saving Sora, she was able to conquer her fear because she was willing to face it. She focused on saving her friend rather than her fear.

It clicked! The only way to conquer your fear is to face it head on! You have to face your fears!

"Sora!" Twilight said. "You can face her!"

"Huh?" Sora asked.

"You can do this!" Twilight said. "When I came here to help you, I had to go against my own fear, and while it was scary, seeing you in danger was even scarier. If you want to reach her and end this nightmare, you have to face her!"

"How?!" Sora asked.

"You care about her, right?" Twilight asked.

"Of course I do!" Sora said.

"Then Tell Her!" Twilight said. "Tell her how much she matters to you! Don't be afraid to express how much you care about her! Just tell her how you feel!" As Sora began to reflect on their words, Dark Kairi only scuffed.

"Enough of this." She said as she threw out her hand and sent out a wave of darkness, causing the wind to blow. The force was so strong, Twilight lost her grip from Sora's hand.

"GAAAAHHHH!!!" She cried out, just as the glowing star emerged from her body, showing a silhouette of a girl with red hair.

"Twilight!" Sora and the star called out as the star seeped into him. As it did, the boy felt something that radiated from the star before it went into him. It was a powerful, yet very familiar light. Before he could guess, he saw Twilight blown away through a floating door and was inside it, and it sealed up before it disappeared, taking Twilight with it.

"Twilight!" Sora called out, but it was too late. She were gone. He turned his head around, and saw Dark Kairi, armed with her keyblade.

"We're not done yet." She spoke. "It's just us now. Your little friend can't save you now, just like you can't save me." Sora growled again, and got ready to fight. But what good would that do? Fighting wasn't helping, neither was reasoning with her.

"It's so sad..." She said. "You said that you would always be there for me, but I would always wait for so long... far too long. And I'm always the last person that you save, and that caused you to lose me in the first place." As she prepared to charge up another orb of darkness to finish him, the boy only stared at the ground, unable to figure out what to do. He only closed his eyes.

"What do I do?" He thought. "No matter what I do, I can't reach her..." He then dropped his keyblade and fell to his knees, not knowing what to do.

"I feel... so alone..." He said.

"You're not alone..."

He opened his eyes, hearing a familiar voice.

"I'm here for you... Like I always have..."

Then, without hesitation, Dark Kairi shot out a black orb, hurtling it towards Sora. But then suddenly, he was engulfed in a bright light, which vaporized the dark orb, preventing it from touching him at all.

"What?!" Dark Kairi asked.

"Huh?" He asked, surprised that he was protected by the light around him. "How?" He then noticed that his hand was lifted up in defense, and in it was another keyblade. It was not his own, nor was it the one he found in the old castle. This keyblade was round and curvaceous, with the color resembling the colors of a sunset. One side of the hilt formed in the shape of a breaking ocean wave, while the other is formed into a beige vine of sand that wraps around the shaft. The vine connects to a bouquet of flowers, which form the teeth of the keyblade and entwine to outline a heart. The red silken keychain connects the hilt to a paopu fruit token.

This keyblade, he thought. This was the Destiny's Embrace keyblade, the same one that Kairi wielded. But... but how did it come into his possession?

"I told you. It's my turn to keep you safe...."

"Keep... me safe?" Sora asked. He had heard those words before. Wait... This light. He had felt this light before, right when the Islands disappeared almost three years ago, when Kairi's heart flew to him....

"Kairi?" Sora asked.

"Speak from you heart... Face your fear... Don't be afraid to share your feelings..."

Hearing those words, the same words that Twilight had told him, he was now understanding what he really had to do. He didn't have to fight. He didn't have to reason with her. He just... He needed to tell her, tell her how he truly felt. He had to, even if she's just an illusion. He then got back up, and stared straight at her.

"You're ready for another beating?" Dark Kairi asked. Sora only stood there and shook his head..

"I'm not going to fight you." Sora said, shaking his head. "No more fighting. I just want to talk." The girl raised an eyebrow with confusion.

"What?" She asked.

"You're right..." He said. "I am afraid... I am afraid of losing you again. The day I lost you when our world was swallowed, that was scary enough. But when I saw you get sliced back at the graveyard... that was the worst experience I had ever had to face." The scene of her getting sliced into pieces at the Graveyard played in his head again.

"I wasn't able to save you..." He said. "And I blamed myself for that ever since... It kept playing over and over in my head." He closed his eyes, allowing the tears to drop. But then he clenched his hand.

"But you're wrong about one thing." Sora said, much to her surprise. He lifted his head up.

"I saved you!" He said.

"Huh?" Dark Kairi asked.

"I defied the law of Nature and was willing to give up everything to save you!" Sora said. "And that just shows and proves, that I do care about you!"

"Then why?!" The girl screeched, pointing her keyblade at him. "Why do you never tell me?"

"Because... because..." Sora said, but then looked at the ground before him. Truth be told, he wanted to tell her how much she meant to him, but... but...

"Because... I didn't know what to say." Sora said. "Because, there is so much I want to say."

"Huh?" Dark Kairi asked. The boy slowly got back to his feet.

"I wanted to tell you so much about how much you meant to me, but I was scared." Sora said. "I was scared that you wouldn't feel the same way, or that I would say something the wrong way and you would hate me." The girl's eyes widened with surprise.

"I was scared that I would say the wrong thing, and that I would lose you forever." He continued. "I've been holding my feelings back... but no more!" He took a step forward, light emitting from his step, lighting up the floor before him. The girl gasped.

"Wh...what?!" She asked.

"Everyone has always told me to follow my heart." Sora said. "To use my heart, to speak with my heart. And that's what I'm doing now." He took another step forward, where another flash of light burst forward. Dark Kairi held her keyblade up, but the light shattered it completely.

"Wh... wha..." She spoke.

"What I'm about to tell you is from all my heart." Sora said as he kept going forward. "The first day that I met you was the best day of my life. The times that you and I spent together, I cherished every second of it. The day that I lost you was the most terrifying experience I've ever had. I've gone through great lengths to save you, even if it would cost me my own life. If there's one person that I would give up everything to save, it's you." As he continued to move forward, he continued to glow brightly, the light shining brighter and brighter, causing Dark Kairi to back away.

"There is still a lot that I don't know, and there's a lot that I still don't understand." Sora said. "But being with you by your side, it feels right. Being with you makes me feel safe. Don't you see, Kairi? You're more important to me than anything in this world! I mean it when I say this... You're not just anything to me... You're everything to me!"

"NO!" She shouted. "You don't mean that!!!" The boy took her by the hand and pulled her towards him.

"I do!" Sora said. "With all my heart. In fact, what I'm about to tell you is something that I should've told you before all this started, before we even made that raft."

"S...Sora..." She spoke.

"Kairi... I... I..." He said, though he was very nervous to say it.

"It's ok... You can tell me, Sora..."

He lifted his head up, hearing the voice. He spoke.

"I love you..."

Those words made the girl gasp. She heard the words come right out of his mouth. He said that he loves her! Suddenly, tears began to fall down her face.

"But... I'm nothing to you-" The girl spoke, but his finger was on her lips, preventing her from talking.

"If you were nothing to me... then... would I do this?" He asked. Not backing away one inch, he moved in and did one thing and one thing only. He pressed his own lips against hers, sealing a kiss. The girl stood there in complete shock. The boy was kissing her. Suddenly, her eyes were reverting back to blue, and life was returning to them. Her heart began to melt as she closed her eyes and held on to him, not breaking the kiss no matter what. Her claws and her legs began to glow brightly. And soon, both of them were engulfed with a magical light.

The light began to fade as Sora opened his eyes, seeing that Kairi wasn't here. Nothing but sparkles as the entire area began to shift around him. Was all of this just an illusion? Or was it real? It felt real though. It felt real to him. Looking down at his hands, he thought of what he said to Kairi, how much she mattered to him, that she meant everything to him. It was all true. He did feel that way towards her. He truly loves her. He must've known deep down, but never really thought about it.

"Kairi..."

He began to remember all the times he spent with Kairi, from the very first day he met her when he found her washed up on the beach. The times where he and her would go with Riku to the Islands and play together on the shore, splashing water together, searching for seashells, and in the Secret Place at the base of the tree, where they would scribble pictures on the walls. The very scene where the two drew pictures of each other.

Fast forwarding years later, he remembered the day before they were separated, where he drew one last sketch, where he was giving her a Paupu Fruit. Later that day, they watched the sun setting over the horizon towards the sea, and the rest is known. The long adventure he spent searching for her, giving up his own heart to return her heart back to her, giving his life up to save her, even if it meant fading away. But she brought him back. Before he went searching for Riku, she gave him her Wayfinder charm.

After a long year, hearing that she was taken by the Organization, he traveled all the way to their castle to save her. He remembered when she embraced him when he found her, whispering that he was real.

And then, that moment they shared together on the tree before their fated battle at the Keyblade Graveyard, where they shared Papou Fruit, and promised to keep each other safe.

When she was struck down, Sora was willing to sacrifice his own life to save her. He only cared about saving her no matter what the cost was. He didn't care if he disappeared, and surprisingly he didn't. All he wanted was to bring Kairi back, and spend every moment with her.

All those times they have spent together, all the moments they had together, Sora cherished every single one of them. They were happy together. He was happy because she was happy. She was happy because she was with him. And he was happy because he was with her.

He then opened his eyes. This feeling. This powerful feeling. He had felt this feeling before when he found Kairi after he saved his friends. This strong feeling. The feeling of being with her, to stay by her side, not matter what.

Love.

It was Love.

He began to recall how Hercules jumped into the face of danger to save Megera, How Will Turner was willing to die to save Elizabeth Swan, how Aladdin and Jasmine, Jack and Sally, Rapunzel and Eugene, Ariel and Eric, the Beast and Belle, all of them were happy to be with each other. To be with the one they love. Sora had seen this countless times during his adventures, but he never knew what it felt like... until now.

"So... this is what love feels like." Sora said. Looking at at the Wayfinder, he gave a smile.

"Kairi..." He said, looking at the ground. "I wish you were here... There's so much I want to tell you, to say how much you matter to me..." He closed his eyes.

"I love you..." He whispered with a smile.

"I love you too...!"

He opened his eyes, hearing that voice.

"Kairi?" He asked, looking around. Suddenly, a ray of light was shining down upon the boy. And suddenly, the star that Twilight passed on to him emerged from his body, and Kairi's keyblade turns into multiple sparks of light. The sparks floated with the star, circling around it, and then hurdled together as one. Then, it began to shien brightly, making the boy shield his eyes. Despite that, he saw what was shining down on him. His eyes widened, seeing a a glowing figure of a girl slowly moving towards him. Emerging from the light, was a girl with red hair... A girl that made him smiled.

"Kairi!" Sora called out as he leaped upwards to reach her. It was Kairi! The real Kairi! It was really Kairi! The girl slowly opened her blue eyes, and saw Sora reaching out to her. Seeing him brought a happy smile to her face.

"Sora!" She called out as she opened her arms and as they got close, she embraced him with a big hug. She nuzzled him closely as he held on. Believe it or not, both of them were shedding tears. Tears of joy. The embrace was broken, but they did not depart from each other, holding each other's hand.

"It's really you...!" He said.

"Yes, it's me." She said.

"But... how?" Sora asked.

"I used a little bit of magic, but I also followed my heart to you." Kairi said. "I... I just wanted to see you again." Hearing that made the boy smile.

"Thanks." He said. "I'm so glad you're here." Then he started to remember his confession. Did she hear all that?

"You heard all that, did you." He asked.

"I did, every word." She said with a smile. She heard how much he loved her, and she was happy. Seeing her smile made him smile too. The two couldn't help but chuckle happily, back in each other's arms.

But then suddenly, there was a strange swooshing sound. Looking up above them, they saw multiple black specters circling above and around them. Was the door manifesting it's dark strength again?

"What's happening?" Kairi asked.

"I think I already know." Sora said, knowing full well what was going on. Looking forward, they saw the black spheres of smoke beginning to merge into one, transforming into the silhouette of Young Xehanort! But he looked more dark, more vicious, and more... wicked.

"Fools... you shall not... escape..." Xehanort spoke in a twisted voice of every single version of himself, opening his eyes, no longer were they golden, but red with green sclera. This definitely was the power of the Door of Fear. Pretty soon, the black mist circled around him once more, transforming into what appears to be a black armored suit with red lining all over it, a black sliced up cape held together by chains, and a long helmet the resembled the skull of a goat with large horns. Multiple keyblades circled behind him as he summoned the No Name Keyblade in his hand.

"May you both drown in the depths of Darkness!" Armored Xehanort shouted, raising the blade up to the sky, the area shook around them, as giant multiple multiple meteors were lifted into the sky, all of them aligned and ready to descend on the two. Pointing the keyblade forward, Armored Xehanort began to hurtle all of the meteors toward Sora and Kairi. The spikey haired boy gasped in surprise.

"This isn't good..." Sora said.

"Don't worry." Kairi said, her hand still in Sora's. He glanced at her.

"It'll be ok." She said. "We can do this together." Hearing her words of encouragement brought a smile to his face. She was right. They can do this together.

"Right." Sora said. "We can do this!" Pretty soon, the two joined hands, and together as they stood side by side, with keyblades in hand, a pair of large and long angelic wings appeared behind them, spreading out as they glowed with light.

"TOGETHER!" The two called out as they then charged forward, spinning together in a twirling attack, piercing through the meteors that were hurtled towards them.

"Wh... What?!" Armored Xehanort gasped, seeing the two blasting through each meteor, one after the other. They dashed right through every single one of them as they did no harm to them, and slamming right into Armored Xehanort. He did his best to block their attack, but the power of their love was too strong. They managed to blow him away, while blasting his keyblade out of his hand.

With Xehanort now defenseless, Sora and Kairi joined hands once again, and this time, clicked their keyblades together, allowing both blades to summon a powerful light. It then sent out eleven multiple sparkling lights all around them. Each one transformed into many of their friends. Riku, King Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Axel, Xion, Naminé, and even Donald and Goofy! It was not really them, but because of the strong connection of their hearts, they were here magically. All of them stood in unison with Sora and Kairi, all of them summoning their weapons and keyblades. With all of them ready, Sora spun his keyblade forward and pointed it straight towards Armored Xehanort. Pretty soon, the keyblade began to conjure up a sphere of light, and he, Kairi, and everyone began to glow with energy.

"WHAT?!" Armored Xehanort asked.

"My friends are my power!" Sora shouted as he pointed the keyblade forward, with everyone behind him lending their strength. All of them transformed into spheres of light and flowed through the tip of his keyblade. With all that energy, he fired straight forward, a massive beam of light slammed into Armored Xehanort's body, shattering his armor completely, revealing only Young Xehanort, just as the light pierced through him.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Xehanort screamed as the mighty blast engulfed him, causing an explosion that left sparks of light across the entire field, as the pieces of Xehanort's armor shattered into more and more pieces, fading away as if time finally caught up to them.

As the dust settled, Young Xehanort was on the ground, face first. He then let out a grunt, and struggled to get up, only to find that his strength was fading rapidly from his body. He tried to pull himself up with his keyblade, but the keyblade then shattered to pieces, making him fall to his hands.

"Im.... impossible..." He wheezed. Glancing down at his hand, he saw that it was somehow turning white at his finger tips, like some strange crystalline material was spreading slowly across his body. "H...How...?" The boy and the girl only stood there.

"Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere." Sora said as he stood there, while Xehanort's body began to slowly turn to crystal, spreading across his entire body. The black coated man only sighed in defeat.

"So... I was wrong... after all..." Young Xehanort said. "You're time... in this world... is not over...." Pretty soon, the crystalline features finally spread to his upper body, and the the younger counterpart of the old Keyblade Master lifted his head up just as his body finally turned into crystal. And then...

-CRACK-

Young Xehanort shattered into millions of pieces, breaking away until there was nothing left. Sora and Kairi only stood there, and glanced at the ground, as the arena broke away, and the area began to transform into a bright sunny day, where the sea and the sky meet. Both of them were astonished by the lovely and peaceful sight. It was breathtaking. It felt so real. Was it real? Even if the Door of Fear only made illusions of one's fear, it was like everything was real. And this, all of this, this peaceful setting, felt real.

"Strange..." Sora said.

"What?" Kairi asked.

"I... I don't know if I'm dreaming..." Sora said, looking at the girl. The girl smiled.

"You're not dreaming..." She said as she moved closer to him. "Because I'm here with you." The boy smiled, not having to wonder anymore. She was right. It wasn't a dream. She was here with him. The two touched foreheads and hugged compassionately, remaining in their embrace, just as the scene around them began to fade to white... The fear has been conquered, and the demons are put to rest.


The lavender unicorn tumbled back onto the ground as the door spat her out. She lifted her head up in a daze, and tried to shake it out.

"Twilight!" Spike said as the others gathered around. The lavender unicorn opened her eyes. The gradients of blue were gone from her purple eyes. She lifted her head up and shook the dizziness right out of her.

"Are you ok?" Goofy asked.

"Yeah... I think so." Twilight said as she got to her hooves. But she then remembered. Sora was still in the door! She glanced back at it, but then something magical happened.

Within seconds, the small light was glowing in the door, and it glowed brighter, and brighter. Pretty soon, the doorway was coated with a powerful glowing light, so bright that everyone looking at it shielded their eyes a bit. Then, two silhouettes emerged from the door.

Before they knew it, both Sora and Kairi got back to solid ground. Opening his eyes, Sora saw the ground colored in a black-blue crystalline floor. Lifting his head up, he saw Kairi, her hand still in his. She glanced back at him.

"You ok?" She asked. The boy smiled.

"Yeah..." He answered. Noticing a light shining behind them, the two turned around and saw the door, The Door of Fear wide opened, but the inside was glowing with light. Suddenly, the doorway and the door itself began to disappear, and the crystal above it shattered into light, leaving nothing but the wall it was aligned to. The door was gone.

"Whoa..." Sora said with amazement. Then he felt something in his other hand. Looking down and opening it, he saw that seven pieces of the broken Thalassa Charm. The sight of it surprised Sora, and it made him feel sad and guilty. The girl noticed his saddened expression. He then showed her what it was.

"The charm broke..." Sora said, showing the broken wayfinder. "I'm so sorry..." The girl looked at the broken charm, and then back at the boy.

"It's ok." She smiled, her hands in the boy's.

"Huh?" Sora asked, seeing her smile.

"The charm is just a symbol of the connection we have." Kairi said. "You don't need it to prove how strong our connection is. Because I'm always with you." Sora was surprised, but he smiled. That's right. Even if they're part, they'll always be together. Their destinies are intertwined.

"You're right." Sora said. Pretty soon, the two heard footsteps, well, hoofsteps actually. They turned to see Twilight approaching them, looking at both of them with a smile. Her gaze was right at the broken Thalassa charm. She then closed her eyes, and pretty soon, the lavender unicorn's horn lit up with magic, and pretty soon, the seven pieces of the Thalassa Charm floated up into the air. Using her magic, Twilight pieced the seven pieces together, and with a magical flash, the charm was back together again! As if it was never broken! The two friends were amazed. The Thalassa charm was fixed!

"I owed you one." Twilight said.

"Wow." He said. "Thanks."

"Twilight!" The three voices got Twilight's attention, making her turn her head to see Spike, Shining, and Thorax galloping towards her. Her older brother gave her a hug.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm ok, Shining." Twilight said. "Sorry for scaring you all like that."

"It's ok." Thorax said. "I'm glad- I mean, we're glad that you're ok." Spike then noticed the red-haired girl next to Sora.

"Who's the girl?" The baby dragon asked.

"A good friend to Sora." Twilight said, looking back at the two.

"Sora!" A familiar duck voice called. Turning his head, he saw Donald and Goofy rushing towards him with relief and joy.

"Donald, Goofy!" Sora said, and soon the two jumped on him and hugged him tightly.

"We're so relieved you're alright!" Donald said.

"Are you ok, though?" Goofy asked.

"Yeah, I'm more than ok." Sora said before looking back at Kairi, who gave a smile.

"Kairi?" Donald and Goofy asked.

"Hello, Donald and Goofy." She said.

"Well, what do you know." Goofy said. "Sora wasn't going mental after all." The spikey haired boy looked at the two with a confused look.

"Hey, how did you end up here, Kairi?" Donald asked.

"I had some help getting here." Kairi said. "But I wouldn't have found my way here without Miss Twilight." Hearing that made Twilight smile.

"I was glad to help." Twilight said. "It's nice to meet you, Kairi. Sora spoke about you a lot, and I can see why." Sora couldn't help but blush, but the girl gave a happy smile.

"Um... sorry if I'm interrupting." Spike said, getting the group's attention. "But we saw a huge floor with creepy demon ponies underneath it not too long ago. We should probably get back to finding that Crystal Heart." That's right. The Umbrum they saw underneath the floor of crystal spikes. They needed to find the Crystal Heart.

"That's right!" Twilight said. "We need to find it."

"But... how do we get out of here?" Donald asked. "We're trapped in here!"

"We could try going back the way we came." Goofy said.

"That'll take too long!" Donald said.

"Maybe we don't have to." Everyone glanced at Kairi. She was looking up at the top of the room. She could feel something radiating above them. Being one of the seven Princesses of Heart, Kairi has that distinct ability to sense all kind of powerful forces, even those of light and or darkness. And this force she was sensing, it was a powerful energy, so ancient but pure.

"I can feel it." She said. "There's something powerful at the top of the room, at least I'm sure it is."

"Could it be the Crystal Heart?" Twilight asked.

"But... how do we get up there?" Shining asked.

"Let me see." Kairi said. The red-haired girl approached the side of the wall, and she summoned her own keyblade. Pointing straight forward, it glowed. Suddenly, the outer part of the floor began to move upwards, transforming it into a stairway that lead upwards to the top. Everyone watched with awe, especially Sora, who was more amazed than ever.

"Wow..." Everyone said.

"Kairi, that was amazing." Sora said.

"Thanks." The girl said with a wink.

"Well, let's get to the top!" Spike said. With that said, Kairi headed up first, and everyone followed her. She can lead them to the Crystal Heart now. It shouldn't be much farther now. Little did they know that a mysterious presence was in the room. A mysterious transparent woman who was shrouded in a white robe. She was not of darkness, nor of light, but something... divine.

"The boy has conquered his demons, and has found the royal glaive. He is the one who will open the way..."


Meanwhile... back at the Mysterious Tower...

"She has made it, has she?" Yen Sid asked. He was speaking with Merlin and the Fairy Godmother back at his tower. On a magical mirror screen were two others as well. It was Ienzo and Demyx, who was given some clothes to wear, though they were pretty much medieval clothes. Merlin picked them out.

"Yes, she has made it." The Fairy Godmother said. "She has reunited with Sora and the others."

"Good." Yen Sid said. "Hopefully her presence will help them much."

"And what of Ventus's look-a-like?" Merlin asked.

"Roxas and the rest are already going through the trials, on the path to help the others." Yen Sid said. "I just pray they make it in time."

"I'm sure they will, Yen Sid." The Fairy Godmother said. "They share as strong connection with Sora."

"I still get confused which one of them is Roxas and Ventus." Merlin said. "They both look strikingly the same." The Fairy Godmother rolled her eyes, and Yen Sid sighed. Same old Merlin.

"Now then... can we get on with what has happened?" The sorcerer asked to the mirror screen with Ienzo and Demyx.

"Yeah." Demyx said. "And thanks for the clothes, though I could've gone with something more cool though."

"Just tell them what has happened, Demyx." Ienzo said. "How did you end up in Merlin's closet again?"

"Well, I already told you guys." Demyx said. "Some creep came out of nowhere and knocked me out cold. Next thing I know, I'm tied up, my mouth taped shut, and then placed in the old guy's closet."

"Excuse me!" Merlin said sternly. "I'm not some old guy."

"Hey, I'm just being specific!" Demyx said. "Anyway, the guy placed on my cloak and everything, and he left without a word. And I looked so cool with that cloak." As he finished telling what has happened, everyone began to go over the whole story.

"That is odd, though." Merlin said. "I placed a tight lock on my house. Nobody should be able to get inside unless I'm home."

"Did you enchant the lock with protection?" The Fairy Godmother asked.

"Of course." Merlin said. "I placed tinfoil all over my doorknob!"

"No, I mean with dark resistance magic." The Fairy Godmother explained.

"Oh... yes, I did that as well." Merlin said. The old sorcerer began to think some more as he sat in his seat.

"It seems whoever broke into Merlin's house and locked Demyx inside must've been someone with very powerful magic." Yen Sid said.

"So whoever this man who stole Demyx's coat is, he must be the one responsible for causing some of the mayhem in Equestria." Ienzo said. "But for what, exactly?" Everyone began to think. That was very odd. Merlin's protection magic is quite powerful, even against the Heartless. Of course, they did break into his house one time, but that was about two years ago. Whoever broke into his house must've had some powerful magic.

"Are you sure you didn't see anything else about the man who tied you up?" Yen Sid asked. Demyx began to think hard on it, and then something came to his mind.

"Actually, he had this weird tattoo on his back." Demyx said. "Hold on, I'll draw it for you." He quickly took a piece of paper and began to doodle the mark that he saw. After a little moment, Demyx was done.

"Ok, here it is." Demyx said as he displayed the drawing on the screen to the others. At that moment, Yen Sid's eyes widened as he gave a sudden gasp, as if he had seen a ghost from the past, seeing that symbol, much to the notice of Merlin and the Fairy Godmother.

"Master Yen Sid?" The latter asked.

"Impossible..." Yen Sid said. Looking to his shelf, he pulled a book, a very dusty book off the shelf, placed if on his table and opened it's contents.

"I have seen this symbol before." The sorcerer said as he navigated the pages, until he finally came to a page, that had the same symbol that Demyx had showed them. The symbol was of a skull... with an angel wing behind it.

"This symbol is the symbol belonging to the House of..." Before Yen Sid could continue, he then gasped again, having an idea who the mysterious man could be.

"No... He has Returned!"


Outside the Crystal Castle Entrance...

Back at the Crystal Empire, two of the Royal Guards from Canterlot were waiting outside. Since the guards of the Crystal Empire were a bit... useless and confused, the other guards were placed at the castle entrance, even the back door of course. They were actually bored. Very bored to be precise. One of them began to doze off and sleep, until the other one saw something.

"Wake up!" The first guard said.

"Huh? What is it? I'm up!" The second guard said. The first guard was pointing his hoof forward, while the second guard stared off to what he was pointing at. Coming along was a man... The man in the black coat, or Demyx's coat to be precise. He was making his way to the door.

"Hey, hold it right there!" The first royal shouted with his spear at the man, who stopped in place.

"What is your business?" The second royal guard asked.

"I'm here for personal business." D said.

"Sorry, but you're not allowed to come inside." The first royal guard said.

"That castle's closed for the time being!" The second guard said.

"Alright then, I'll just let myself in." D said as he raised his hand, and then swung forward.

-SWOOSH-

A black wave struck D the two royal guards, causing them to scream as they felt pain travel through their bodies. Suddenly, they began to struggle to breathe, and their bodies began to shake, as well as their forms began to be engulfed in a strange black mist, while the hooded figure continued his way.

"Don't worry, the transformation doesn't hurt... much." He spoke as he went inside the castle, while the two ponies, now covered in black with yellow eyes, began to show monstrous teeth, letting out a roar.

Author's Note:

Secret Report #12:

It was a very easy task to regain the Shadow King's trust again. I can already tell he's still in conflict with his role as King of the Shadows. It's ironic. He has no idea that his brothers and sisters are actually a sinister race empowered and tainted by an unholy darkness that never originated in this world.
I am making my way to the Crystal Castle now. It wasn't hard getting through the barrier at all, since my magic doesn't apply to their rules. It seems the Guardians of Light have occupied the Crystal Ponies. Funny they didn't even notice me. They probably will in a bit, but they shouldn't be a problem for me to deal with, especially when I reveal some nasty things about their beloved ruler Celestia.
But yet, I've felt... a disturbance in the Force, coming from the Crystal Empire. But it wasn't coming from the Crystal Heart that is still hidden in the castle. It was something else. Something more ancient. It was a power that I haven't felt since... since...
Hmmm... Perhaps it's time that I check on the boy and his comrades. I have left the witch in charge of the Legion of Doom until I get back. She did ask me who I was, so I told her who I was. The look on her face was quite priceless actually. I believe it is now time for everyone to know my name... - ???


Well, that's the end of this chapter!

Sorry for having Sora against a darker version of Kairi. With this chapter having the door that would show one's worst fear, I wanted to tackle with the style of horror, which is something that Kingdom Hearts hasn't truly done before. I think we have seen bits of it in A Fragmentary Passage with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, but nothing like this.

But at least you guys got to see some SoraXKairi in this. Everybody ships these two, and I think it's cute. It was nice that we got to see Sora slowly realizing his feelings for her in Kingdom Hearts III. Unfortunately, there was no kiss. But maybe we'll see that in the next Kingdom Hearts game, or at least in a future mainline game.

Now... next chapter... the big reveal is coming at the end of the month! After so many chapters, I'm going to reveal D's true idenity!

Now, it's 4 in the mornig. I'm going to bed. See you guys soon!