• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 15,376 Views, 329 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Fractured Friendship - KHXhero



An epilogue to Kingdom Hearts III, Sora and friends journey to find Twilight Sparkle and restore the magic of friendship, while also facing against his inner turnmoil.

  • ...
9
 329
 15,376

Chapter 01: Dark Steps... With a pint of Chaos

Chapter 01: Taking the First Step

The day had shifted to night quickly. News of the Changeling Attack had spread across the city, with many ponies are relieved that the invasion was thwarted by the efforts of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. The good news was that no pony was hurt nor killed during the invasion, which was a great relief to everypony. But little did the ponies know that the Changelings had torn apart the Elements of Harmony. And surprisingly to them, instead of the doors opening for the wedding, Princess Cadance instead gave a speech to everypony that the wedding was cancelled, bringing shock and disappointment to the public eye. When a newsreporter asked her way she cancelled the wedding, she spoke...

"Ask Captain Shining Armor." She said coldly. "He's the reason why." Many have speculated that maybe she found out that her husband had cheated on her, or he and the Princess got into an argument after the invasion. But soon, tabloids and reporters were going to know the truth sooner or later.

Princess Celestia was not in a good mood herself, having lost her own student because of her own actions was getting to her. When asked by the citizens why the wedding was cancelled, she told the public just to return home, and that she is not to be disturbed. Eventually after Luna demanded to know what happened, the Sun Monarch eventually told her everything, about the Changelings, their queen masquerading as Cadance, how Twilight knew something was wrong, and no pony believed her, especially after she tried to make a scene at the rehearsal.

Truth be told, Luna was dumbfounded by how Celestia has handled the manner, leaving Twilight alone in her time of need. She actually gave a lecture to her older sister, with her powerful Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice, but after a few minutes, she calmed down and decided not to get involved.

As for the Mane Six, they tried their best to avoid the snobby reporters, because they wanted all the juicy info on how the Changelings got in and why the wedding was cancelled. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, Applejack and Rarity's younger sisters were surprised and disappointed that the wedding was cancelled, and they were met with silence from their older sisters when they asked why. So much for being Cutie Mark Crusader Flowerfillies.

And Twilight Sparkle, she locked herself away in her old home, the tower that she used to live in before moving to Ponyville. She had casted a protective barrier around it so no pony would ever enter, not even Shining Armor or Princess Celestia. She just laid there next to her bed, crying her heart out. The terrible thoughts and betrayal of her former friends, former teacher, and the stallion she refuses to call BBBFF was too much for her to handle. Instead, she wanted to be alone, alone by herself. However, that alone time was interrupted by a knock on the door.

-Knock Knock Knock-

"Go away..." Twilight sobbed.

"Twilight?" A familiar voice asked, making the pony lift her head up.

"C...Cadance?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, can I please come in?" Cadance's voice asked from the other side of the door. The lavender unicorn approached, but halted.

"Wait... how do I know that you're not a changeling, or Celestia?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, please... it's really me." Cadance's voice spoke. Reluctant, Twilight opened the door, seeing that it really was Cadance... or was it.

"Cadance?" Twilight asked, seeing that she got through the barrier that was around her house. "How did you?"

"Celestia is not the only one who can do alicorn magic." Cadance said.

"Well, how do I know you're not-" Twilight said, but before she could say anymore, the pink alicorn stood before her and began to trot playfully in place.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake." She said, hunching down and covering her eyes, then uncovering them.

"Clap your hooves, and do the little shake." Twilight said with her and the two clapped hooves and wiggled their rumps toward each other. Yep, it truly was Cadance, because she's the only one who'd ever do their special nursery rhyme dance when she used to foalsit Twilight.

"It is you..." Twilight said as she allowed Cadance to walk inside, who glanced around seeing the room.

"Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen this place." She said.

"I know..." Twilight said. "It feels like it's been forever..." The lavender unicorn then glanced across the room, seeing the old book of Predictions and Prophecies for Ponies, still open to the section describing the Elements of Harmony.

"This book is still open..." Twilight said. "Don't know why I left it open before I left." She then turned to the pink alicorn, who had concern written all over her face.

"So... what brings you here?" Twilight asked.

"Just checking to make sure if you're ok." Cadance said with a smile. The lavender unicorn only glanced at the Princess of Love, but a frown appeared on her face. She had heard that Cadance has cancelled the wedding, and her tone during her speech was a sour one. The poor unicorn couldn't help but feel guilty. She was angry at the girls, Celestia, and Shining Armor, but she didn't want to ruin Cadance's marriage. But she did.

Without a moment of hesitation, the lavender unicorn rushed up to the pink alicorn and hugged her tightly, giving quiet sobs as tears dropped down her cheeks. The Princess of Love hugged her back and stroked her mane.

"It's ok, Twilight." Cadance said. "I'm here now, like I've always been... it'll be ok." With everything that has happened, the whole day, Twilight had no recieved comfort from anypony since they had arrived. Her ex-friends, her ex-mentor, and her ex-brother never gave her any comfort when she was left all alone. But if anything, she was lucky that it was Cadance who was comforting her.

"I'm so sorry, Cadance..." She spoke.

"Sorry?" The alicorn asked. "For what?"

"For ruining your special day." Twilight said. "I'm so sorry for ruining your wedding. I know how much you loved Shining Armor."

"Twilight, don't be sorry." Cadance said. "I'm not mad at you. You've done nothing wrong. You did what you had to do to save your brother, and he had no right to kick you out of the wedding, regardless. And to be honest, I wasn't actually planning a wedding this big." The unicorn before lifted her head up in surprise.

"Huh?" Twilight asked.

"I originally planned to have a quiet ceremony, with me, Shining, you, and your family." Cadance said. "And I wanted you to marry us both."

"R...really?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, I did." Cadance said. "But... with everything that's happened and been told, I don't think I want to marry Shining anymore." Twilight only lowered her head.

"I'm sorry, Cadance." Twilight said. "I know you loved him very much... But, how did he manage to convince a princess like you to marry him?"

"Well, it's a funny story." Cadance said. "He'd said that if I married him, not only would I be getting a wonderful husband, but I would also get the best sister in the whole world." Twilight's ears perked up in surprise. Shining had said that?

"He did?" She asked.

"Of course, he did." Cadance said, but then lowered her head grimly. "All the times I've spent foalsitting you when you were a filly, I saw you as the little sister I've always wanted. But now that I know how horribly he treated you at the rehearsal, I guess it will never happen."

"I guess not." Twilight said. Pretty soon, the door opened slightly, making the two turn their heads, with the lavender unicorn hoping it wasn't the girls. But to her relief, it was only Spike, who came in with a box in his hand.

"Um... Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Spike." Twilight said, and then she remembered how scared he looked when she gave him the glare she gave Princess Celestia. "Spike... what are you doing here?"

"I... just wanted to make sure if you were ok." Spike said.

"Yeah... I feel a bit ok." Twilight said.

"Well, can I talk to you?" Spike asked. "Or... are you mad at me too?" Twilight's eyebrow rose in confusion. He thought that she was mad at him? Sure, he joined her friends when they abandoned her, but he had a worried and confused look on his face when he did. And that doesn't make him responsible.

"I... I think I should talk to Spike privately." Twilight said.

"Ok." Cadance said. "Let me know if you need anything, ok?"

"Ok." Twilight responded as the pink alicorn left the building, leaving Spike and Twilight alone in the room.

"Um... Twilight." Spike said.

"Yes, Spike?" She asked. The baby dragon took a deep sigh.

"Twi... I'm sorry." He said.

"Huh?" Twilight asked.

"I'm sorry for leaving you like that." Spike said, his head down to the ground. "I should've stayed by your side... but I didn't..." As he spoke, his voice was beginning to tremble, and his eyes started to produce tears.

"Spike, you don't have to-" Twilight said.

"Yes, I do!" Spike said, as the tears dropped dow his face. "I shouldn't have left you like that! I'm your number one assistant, and I'm suppose to stick by your side! But I didn't! I'm so sorry, Twilight! I'm so sorry!" He rushed over and embraced her tightly, and as he continued to sob, Twilight wrapped her right hoof over his shoulder, and gave him a nuzzle.

"Spike, did you see my yell at you?" Twilight asked. The draik lifted his head, thinking of what she said. From the yelling and arguing she did to her friends, not once did she yell at him.

"Um... no, no you didn't yell at me." Spike said.

"Then I wasn't angry with you." Twilight said. "I don't hold a grudge against you."

"Y...you're not mad at me?" Spike asked. "But... I abandoned you too. I left you and wasn't there for you like I should've. Though I tried to convince Shining to let you back in but..."

"And that's why I'm not mad at you Spike." Twilight said. "You didn't do anything wrong. You were just scared and confused, like any baby dragon your age." The baby dragon lifted his head up with surprise and hope. She was never mad at him?

"So... you forgive me?" Spike asked.

"There's no need." Twilight said. "No matter what, you'll always be my number one assistant." Hearing that made Spike feel relieved. The baby dragon wrapped his arms around her, hugging her again with all of his might, with the unicorn doing the same. But then, she noticed something in Spike's hands. A wrapped up present with a bow on it.

"Spike, what is that?" Twilight asked.

"Oh... it's... it's something that Rarity made... for you..." Spike said. "I'm not defending or speaking on their behalf, but... here." Twilight took the present and unwrapped it, seeing that it was beautiful dress. A magenta colored dress to match the color of Twilight's cutie mark, secured with a star collar.

"She... made this for me?" Twilight asked.

"Well, yes." Spike said. "Right when the imposter told her that she wanted her and the others to be her bridemares... It's a bit unfinished, but you should know that she was thinking about you..." Twilight examined the dress, and gave a heavy sigh.

"Thanks, Spike." Twilight said as she let the dress drape over the table.

"Um... so... now what?" Spike asked.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Well, you said that your friendship with the other girls is over, and you're done being Celestia's student." Spike said. "What's gonna happen now? Are we going back to Ponyville? Or are we just staying here?" Twilight then began to think about that. She had just ended her friendship with the girls. What is she going to do now? Is she going to return to Ponyville back to the Library? If she does, then she'll have to avoid the girls, and she can't stay locked up in the library. Maybe she can just move back here to Canterlot? But then she would have to avoid seeing Princess Celestia and Shining Armor. Maybe move somewhere else? She couldn't figure it out. It was too soon to tell.

"I don't know, Spike." Twilight said. "I just... don't know." The baby dragon placed his claw on Twilight's back.

"What about the girls?" Spike asked. "I mean, you can't stay mad at them forever."

"Why not?" Twilight asked. "She left me in my time of need, so why bother trying to patch things up?"

"Can't you at least talk to them?" Spike asked. "I'm just as mad at them as you are, but do you really think they're really to blame?" Twilight just turned away and lowered her head into her hooves.

"I don't know, Spike." Twilight said. "I just... don't know." She said.

"Well, at least think about it." Spike said. "They do feel bad for what they did." The baby dragon then headed towards the door. "I'm gonna go get something to eat. Do you want to come with?"

"No thanks Spike." Twilight said. "I'm not really hungry right now. After today, I just need to be alone."

"Ok." Spike said. In an instant, Spike closed the door behind him, allowing Twilight to have time to herself. The lavender unicorn only gave a heavy sigh. She then turned her head toward the dress that Rarity made for the wedding. Twilight glanced right back at it. But seeing the dress only brought the horrible memories of the rehearsal to her mind, how they just left her like that, with faces of disappointment. They had told her that it was nothing, that she was just over-reacting. Over-reacting. Over-reacting. She began to recall the time when she thought that she was tardy for a friendship lesson and the girls didn't take her seriously. When it got bad, they vowed to always take her seriously... And they didn't. They didn't take her seriously now... Did they forget? Maybe... maybe they didn't learn their lesson after. If they didn't learn their lesson, then maybe they didn't learn all the other friendship lessons they learned along the way! Anger began to brew into her mind as she stared at the dress.

"They didn't learn a thing at all..." Twilight hissed. Then with her hooves, the grabbed the dress and began to rip the fabric in half, then she ripped it again, and again, until there was nothing left but pieces. She huffed... and she puffed... and she let out a depressing sigh, moving upon the table and cried, allowing the tears to drop down her cheeks and onto the wooding of the table. She couldn't take it anymore... she just couldn't take it. The pain in her heart was too much to bare... If only Sora was here...

Sora.

The boy who wielded the powerful keyblade. It felt like a long time since she ever spoke out his name, let alone speak of him. In fact, it has been a long time since she saw him. The keyblade wielder who came to this world and helped her make friends. He promised to come back, but he hasn't. It has been months since she last saw him. She looked up at the sky, seeing the stars blinking in the night.

"Sora... where are you?" She asked. "Why haven't you come back? Do you even care about me anymore?" All she could see was the stars, and nothing else. She lowered her head in deep sadness.

She couldn't stay here anymore. She just couldn't. She needed to get away, away from everything. But, what about Spike? She can't just leave him. Can she? No, she just can't take care of him now... not while she's in so much anguish. She rose from the table and grabbed a blank scroll on the side of the table, grabbed the feather pen with her magic and began writing down the contents before placing it back on the table. Placing the pen down, she walked away and out the door, leaving her home behind.

The lavender unicorn began to trot down the street as she made her way to the train station. But then suddenly, she felt something. Something off. It was like a chill that went down her spine. Turning around, she followed the strange surge of magic she felt, making her way to the same building that contained the Elements of Harmony. Walking into the building and going down the hall, she eventually came into the chamber of the Elements, and saw the chest inside.

"It's coming from here?" Twilight asked as she approached the chest, and opened it up. Glancing inside, she saw the six Elements, safely placed back in. But there was something that was on top of the Element of Magic, a strange stone-like necklace that was placed around the star above the crown.

"What's this?" Twilight asked as she glanced down at the necklace above the tiara. Taking it up with her magic, she began to examine it. She saw some strange latin lettering on the necklace.

Sine Dolore.

That's what it said. Twilight gasped as she saw the necklace. She recognized the amulet from a book she read. This has to be the Amulet of Sine Dolore, which is latin for Painless. Sine Dolore was also the name of a unicorn who lived years and years ago, during the time of the Founding of Equestria! She heard the story of Sine Dolore, who lost everything and was left in so much anguish and emotional pain, that she created an amulet to erase the pain from her heart, no longer feeling anything. What was this doing here near the Element of Magic? Maybe Cadance left it here so Twilight would find it and help deprive her of the emotional pain. But how did she get her hooves on this? And... maybe it was dangerous to use.

But yet, Twilight only let out another heavy sigh. With everything that she had been through, she still felt pain and anguish from the betrayal and sting of the girl's actions, as well as Shining's and Celestia's, so... why not?

"Well... better to feel nothing than anything at all..." Twilight said as she placed on the amulet. As she did, the necklace began to glow, a mysterious cyan blue aura covered the amulet, and a strange blue mist emerged from the crystal and seeped into Twilight's chest, making her gasp a bit, but then she breathed out slowly, unaware of a mysterious cyan color sparkling a bit in her eyes.

"Twilight...."

She turned her head, hearing a voice that sounded a bit unfamiliar.

"Who's there?" she asked.

"Twilight.... Twilight...!"

Confused, Twilight followed the sound of the voice, heading straight out of the Hall of the Elements, unaware of a shadowy cloaked pony hiding behind a pillar.

Making her way outside, she followed the voice to one of the buildings nearby. Going inside, she kept going. The source of the voice was coming from deeper into the hall, and Twilight was determined to find it. And soon, she comes to a stop, seeing a strange big door right in front of her, showing it to be a door to the Vault, a room where all the most dangerous artifacts are kept. The voice seemed to have came from in here. Why did it lure her here? Whatever it was, she was about to find out. Taking a deep breath, she enters, only to see no candles lit, or any source of light inside, except for the moonlight peeling through the window, revealing a statue... of a huge long creature known as a draconaquus, a creature that is said to be a mixture of different animals. There was only one creature is is a draconaquus, and it was the God of Chaos himself... Discord.

"It's... Discord..." Twilight says, taking a couple steps forward. She remembered now, when Discord broke free from his prison of stone and nearly turned her friends against each other, but together she saved them and they trapped the draconoquus in stone once more. Why was she brought here? What purpose? She only shook her head and turned away.

"Oh great..." The lavender unicorn said to herself. "Seeing him was the last thing I needed..."

"You know that really hurts, Twilight. I thought Sunbutt actually taught you some manners." Twilight nearly jumped, hearing the voice speaking to her. It was familiar though, like she heard it before. She turned, seeing where the voice came from.

"Who's there?" Twilight asked. "Show yourself!" Then a very familiar laugh filled the room, making her shift left and right.

"Don't tell me you forgotten about me Twilight... Because I certainly haven't forgotten about you..." Twilight then turns to the only thing that's in the room. Discord's Statue.

"D...Discord?" Twilight asked.

"Correct." The voice spoke. "It's been a while hasn't it Twilight." The lavender unicorn froze in place, hearing Discord speaking. How was this possible? Discord is trapped in stone! Was she going crazy?

"Wha... Impossible." Twilight said. "How can you-"

"Speak to you when I'm just a stone statue?" Discord asked. "Oh Twilight, don't you know? Chaos has no bounds. It has no limit. Althought you and your friends valiantly defeated me, I'm still alive, and kicking... so to speak."

"What do you want?" Twilight demanded.

"Now now, there's no need to set your mane ablaze." Discord spoke. "It makes you look about as much as a drag as Princess Sunbutt."

"Don't talk about the Princess that way!" Twilight shouted. "She's..." She then froze in place, thinking. She was still standing up for the Princess, after everything she put her through? She only gave a sigh. "You know what, she is a bit of a drag..."

"Tell me about it..." Discord said. "She didn't even invite me to the wedding..." Twilight's ears perked up.

"Wait... you know?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, I heard some of the guards talking about it." Discord said. "They said it was going to be the biggest event in all of Equestria... at least until those monsters arrived. What do you call them now, Changelings?"

"Forget that." Twilight said. "I will not ask again. What do you want from me?"

"Oh don't be throwing another tantrum Twilight." Discord said. "I heard your cry for help, so I'm here to help."

"Help?" Twilight asked. "Help me with what?"

"To help you with your sorrow." Discord said. "To deal with the abandonment that was laid upon you, by your brother, Sunbutt, and your so called 'friends'." Twilight's eyes widened with surprise. Discord knew about them leaving her for some imposter? About her cold reactment to them after the Changelings were blown away.

"How... how did you know that?" Twilight asked.

"You forget Twilight, or you probably don't know, that I can feel the vibrations of Chaos, Disharmony, and of course, all kinds of pain." Discord continued. "I sensed your grief, your anger, and your pain, pain inflicted by the ones that abandoned in your time of need." Twilight looked away, not wanting to talk. But her eyes began to tear up, and she collapsed to the ground, crying once more.

"You're right... they did abandon me..." Twilight said. "They left me for some bride they didn't know. I knew her longer than any pony else, longer before she and Shining got together, and they left me... And my brother, he ditched me for the imposter, and Celestia... she only said "You have a lot to think about"... Well I did think a lot, and she was wrong... I should've just left them all here to meet their fate."

"Oh Twilight, you knew that this day would come." Discord stated. "Friendships don't last forever." Twilight looked back up at the statue.

"How would you know?" Twilight asked.

"Because they never cared about you." Discord said. Twilight's ears perked up again, surprised.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"They were all just using you..." Discord said. "They never wanted to be your friend. They only see you as an opportunity to get what they want because you're so close to the Princess. And your brother, he doesn't care either. He only put up the act of being a big brother because you existed in the first place. And Celestia, she needed an attack dog, someone to fight her battles for her, while she sits on the sidelines and does nothing." Twilight's eyes widened. Could Discord be right? Were they all just using her? No, that can't be true. Discord is probably lying. But yet, her friends didn't remember to take her worries seriously, and neither did the Princess.

"That's a lie!" Twilight shouted, trying to deny it.

"Is it?" Discord asked. "Well why don't we see for ourselves then." Then suddenly, a magical screen appeared around Twilight, depicting her friends talking to each other, right after they went to check on the fake bride.

"Can you believe that egghead?" Rainbow Dash asked in disgust. "How could she have the nerve to embarrass the Princess like that."

"Yeah, that was completely harsh." Applejack said. "To think that we ever became friends with somepony like her."

"Wh... what are we seeing?" Twilight asked.

"Your friends talking about you behind your back." Discord said. "What they truly think of you..."

"To be fair, she got what was coming to here." Rarity said. "Shining Armor did the right thing talking her down like that."

"Uh huh." Pinkie Pie said. "Twilight is nothing but a big party pooper!" The lavender unicorn's eyes widened when she heard those words.

"Should we continue to bother having her as our friend anymore?" Fluttershy asked.

"Why not?" Rarity asked. "That was completely embarrassing of her to accuse Princess Cadenza like that. And thanks to her, our wishes are going to come true, so might as well end it here and there."

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash said. "After the wedding, we're gonna tell her that she's no friend of ours anymore. Deal?"
"Deal!" The girls all spoke in unison, and then just walked away, as Twilight, who was witnessing the scene, started to tear up. How could they say such horrible things like that? After everything they've been through, she allowed them into her lives, and this is what she gets?

"How... how could they?" Twilight asked. "They really said that?"

"Of course they did." Discord said. "But that's nothing compared to how your brother truly feels. Here, watch this..." Suddenly, another screen appeared in front of the lavender unicorn, showing Shining Armor comforting the fake Cadance.

"I'm so sorry, my love." Shining said to the crying alicorn.

"How could she say those horrible things to me?" The fake Cadance asked.

"Well, you don't have to worry about her anymore." Shining said. "I kicked Twilight out of the wedding."

"Have you?" The fake Cadance asked.

"Yes I have." Shining said. "She had no right to talk to you that way. To be honest, I was really tired to just pretending to be nice to her after all these years. I never really liked that little monster, getting in the way of everything and always telling everypony that she's right." Twilight's eyes widened as she heard those words, as they produced an arrow that shot and broke apart Twilight's hearts to pieces, bringing tears into her eyes.

"Is that so?" The fake alicorn asked. "But what if she comes back?"

"Don't worry." Shining said. "I have the guards make sure she doesn't come back. She thought I was her Big Brother Best Friend Forever, but no more. From now on, that little egghead is dead to me."

"Oh Shining, how thoughtful..." The fake Cadance said, showing an evil smile on her face. Seeing her brother say those things made Twilight shed even more tears.

"He... he never loved me?" Twilight spoke.

"That's right." Discord said. "Like I said, he only put up the act because you existed... He saw you as nothing more than an ant." The tears were becoming more apparent as they dropped from Twilight's eyes.

"No...." She spoke.

"And last but not least, this is what Celestia had to say." Discord said, as one last screen came up to show Princess Celestia in her chambers, reading one of Twilight's friendship reports. There was only disappointment in her eyes, as she scrunched up the scroll and tossed it aside.

"I don't know how much longer I can put up with her." Celestia spoke as she moved toward the window. "Twilight had already done me a favor saving my sister for me, but what she said about my niece was unexceptable. To think Twilight would be a wonderful student, only to see that she nothing but that frightened little filly that I shouldn't have saved a long time ago. Well, now she is no longer any use to me." Princess Celestia said. "Not only will she be my pupil anymore, but I shall banish her from Equestria..." Twilight's eyes widened with horror and pain, seeing how the Princess would say those terrible things.

"No... they really feel that way?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, they did." Discord said. "They don't really care about you. They just want to use you for their own needs."

"No!" Twilight shouted. "It can't be!"

"They just want what they want from your connections, while the Princess uses you to fight battles she refuses to fight herself." Discord said. "And your brother, completely doesn't even care. They don't even give a flank of how much pain they cause you."

"No... No!... NO!" Twilight shouted, not wanting to face the reality.

"But you can be free... free from the pain." Discord said. "All you have to do... is open your heart." The lavender unicorn gasped, and her eyes suddenly turned into a swirl of yellow and blue, the same swirl that was inflicted upon her friends when Discord turned them into complete opposites of who they were. Then suddenly, the pony's color began to fade away, dissolving until she was completely gray. She lowered her head, completely broken.

"They never loved me... they never cared about me..." She said. "What should I do?"

"Make them suffer, of course." Discord said. "They hurt you, so why not hurt them back?"

"You mean... physically hurt them?" Twilight asked. "Like how I attacked the Princess?"

"Well, that would be good, but no, that would be too violent." Discord said. "Hurt them to their core. Hit them hard where it hurts deep down in their hearts and souls. Shatter them until they feel the same way you do." Twilight began thinking. Discord was right. They all hurted her, so why not hurt them back twice as hard? Yes. Make them hurt. Make them suffer. But to do that, she would need to get strong. Strong to do such horrible things. She would need... power.

"Yes..." Twilight said. "I should hurt them... but how?"

"Well, why not study?" Discord asked. "You are a bookworm, after all. Check in the forbidden section and find something that will totally make them squeal... in pain. There's a lot of juicy content in there. Find the power you need and have to make them suffer." Twilight's eyes widened. The forbidden section in the Castle Library, to find more power? But nopony is allowed in there... if the Princess caught her in there, she would be...

Wait, why would she care? Who cares if the Princess caught her or not. For some reason, Twilight felt the urge to go there, to find what it will take to make her friends pay for what they have done...

"Yes... books have always helped me..." Twilight said, her eyes showing a strange cyan color to them, and then she galloped out of the room, and down the hall.

"Yes... yes!" Twilight spoke. "Soon... they will all pay!" Now filled with newfound determination. Twilight galloped to the Library, to find what she needed... Perhaps a spell? A ritual? Evil magic that could bring Equestria to a gruesome end? It didn't matter. She'll do what it will take in order to make everypony suffer for abandoning her. They would pay, she thought. They would all pay for the pain they have brought upon her.

Back in the vault, Discord's statue still stood. But soon, cracks began to emerge on the statue, ready to break apart. The sound of the draconequus' evil laugh echoed through the night, as the statue finally broke open!


The Magic... wasn't there...

Nightfall was upon the Mysterious Tower, the home of the legendary Master Yen Sid, a powerful sorceror in the arts of magic. One could recognize him for his stern-like expression, his long grey beard, and his blue robes and hat, with the latter having stars and a crescent moon on it. During his younger days he was once a Keyblade Master who trained along side two other keyblade wielders, one Master Eraqus, and the other Master Xehanort. But he chose to step away from that role and instead looks after the worlds and the stars beyond them, keeping an eye on the balance of the light and darkness. But something has really caught his attention, and it wasn't the walking broomsticks that the King accidently made a long time ago. He had sensed it... a strained force that had occurred. It was a powerful surge that came beyond the stars, and a dark sinister force, dark but very faint. But that wasn't all that he sensed. He glanced down, seeing the sparkles in his hand evaporating. The magic he was focusing on... it was gone! The magic wasn't there anymore. Scratching his long grey beard, and tilting his blue pointed hat back up. He turned around, starring at the window.

"Something wicked this way comes..." Yen Sid spoke, approaching the glass, and staring at the sky. "The Magic... it is dying. And what's worse... an ancient evil has awakened far far away..." He stared up at the space, seeing six blinking stars in the sky. One orange, one blue, one white, one yellow, one pink, and one lavender. But the lavender one in the middle... it was fading, blinking very weakly in the sky, shifting from it's colorful lavender to dark grey.


"Gaaah... Ahhh!!!"

"Sora!"

Opening his eyes, he saw before him what appears to be a massive tornado of heartless. He looked around, seeing a blue haired woman being consumed by a swarm of shadows. Turning around he, saw three others get consumed, followed by an unconcious blonde kid. He then turned to the girl, trying to wake up an unconcious red haired man, before they were picked up by the swarm. He reached his hand out to grab her, but he could not reach, and she was sucked in. He dropped to his knees, and before him, he saw another boy, holding out a weapon to block an incoming swarm trying to get them too! But then... the swarm engulfed him, and headed straight for him.

"GAAAAAHHH!!!"

The entire space was dark. Looking around, he saw a lavender unicorn with her head down.

"Sora... where are you?" She asked. "Why haven't you come back? Do you even care about me anymore?" She then disappeared, as darkness began to consume her. He reached out for her.

"TWILIGHT!"

His eyes opened, looking around. What he was seeing now wasn't a wasteland filled with broken keys. It was his room.

(BEEP BEEP BEEP)

The sound of an alarm clock was going off, disturbing the boy sleeping in the bed. The covers began to shift from inside, and a hand popped out from the side, reaching over the dresser, feeling for the alarm clock. Pretty soon, he felt it, and without thinking, he slammed the side of his fist on it, shutting it off. The covers shifted again, as a boy with spikey brown hair rose up from the bed. Giving a yawn, he stretched his arms out, and then fell back into bed, not bothering to pull up his blanket. Opening his blue sea-colored eyes, he scratched his head.

"Man... I have no idea why I even bought an alarm clock." He said. "And these nightmares really need to stop..." The boy, Sora, has a pretty interesting and adventurous life. Changing from an ordinary boy to a Keyblade Wielder, a group of warriors who wield key-shaped swords that protect the light from the darkness. Over the years many keyblade wielders have worked hard to maintain the peace and tranquility of the worlds from the forces of evil, and Sora is one of them. Sora is what many would describe a happy go lucky, and optimistic, always willing to help everyone smile in his own way. He has a tendacy to meddle and slack off at times. But his pure heart is always in the right place, and he's never afraid to stand up for what's right. Even when things go back, his kind hearted nature helps get himself and his friends out of bad situations.

So, how did someone like him, a boy who came from nothing, became a keyblade wielder? All of it started when his world was taken by the Heartless, monsters from the Realm of Darkness that hunger for people's hearts. Along his journey he met new friends, while clashing with old ones to save the ones he cares for most. His strong heart and bond with the friends he made gave him the power to wield the keyblade, and eventually He defeated the Seeker of Darkness Ansem, who in reality was the heartless of the true mastermind behind it all. After all that, he battled against Organization XIII, a group of nobodies, creatures that house the souls of the strong ones who lost their hearts to darkness led by Xemnas, the nobody of Xehanort, the true schemer who wants to make a brand new utopia, even if it meant destroying the whole universe. Before all that, Sora ended up entering a castle where he befriended a girl named Namine, who was forced to take apart his memories by the organization. But his memories were restored and in the process he forgot about his little adventure in the castle. But he did manage to thank Namine in the end.

But even after all that, war was coming for the boy. He eventually learned that Xehanort, who started the heartless and nobody riot, was actually an old keyblade master who wanted to bring equlibrium by starting a Keyblade War, a war that nearly brought the worlds into total destruction. So as Xehanort gathered thirteen Seekers of Darkness, Sora, along with his best friend Riku, and comrades King Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, gathered seven Guardians of Light to combat the darkness and prevent total destruction. In the process, Sora saved those who helped shape his destiny, including three young keyblade wielders who's destinies were left in suffering, and with their help, and the support of his friends, Sora defeated Master Xehanort, who finally admitted defeat and moved on into the next life with his old friend Eraqus, the master of the three.

And as always, the battle was won, and peace finally returned. But even though he succeeded, Sora has felt... a bit out of place recently. After all, he had fought in a battle that decided the fate of the universe, and he had seen a lot. That moment where they walked right into a trap and all his friends nearly paid the price. Nightmares has begun to plague him for quite some time. He'd always smile and say that he's fine. But is he? Was it denial? Was it paranoia? Was it Post-traumatic Stress?

The boy gave a sigh. But then he felt something flow down his face from his eye. Touching his cheek, he felt a drop of water. It was a tear.

"Huh? Where did that come from?" Sora asked, wondering why he shedded a tear. In Sora's point of view, that was probably not a good sign. Was it from the nightmare he had. And... why was Twilight there? Twilight Sparkle. Before he could think on it, the sunlight came from the window, shining down on Sora's face. The boy glanced over to the window. Opening it wide, he glanced down, seeing the peaceful town below him. The sound of the calm sea echoed in the wind, across the Town of Destiny Islands. The boy looked up at the sky, seeing it blue, with not many clouds above, so the sun can shine from the horizon and rise up for a new day. Leaning his head against his hand and arm, he wondered. It's has been a while since he thought about Twilight Sparkle, the unicorn who he helped defeat Nightmare Moon and made many friends. Yet, he never forgot her. He promised to see her again, if there was actually a good time to do so.

"I wonder what she's doing right now." Sora said. But then, something came to his mind. Something that made him jump in surprise.

"Oh, Right!" Sora said as he got out of bed, and went to get dressed.

Pretty soon, he was out of his house running, wearing his clothes. His duds were pretty sleek, suitable for running and jumping. His jacket was black with grey pockets, the hood, sleeves, and zipper hold having red linings, and six buttons can be seen on the front. Underneath the jacket was a black tanktop with a V-neck style collar and a white lining. The gauntlets, which leave Sora's palms exposed, had a similar color scheme to the jacket, but had grey circles on the backs and yellow buckled straps around his wrists. His black pants with grey pockets and red band wrapping around each leg, reached to his calves, and his shoes were yellow with a black tips and heels. Around his neck was a necklace with a crown charm on it. The boy was running down the pathway, and a smile was on his face.

"Today's the day! The Friendship Festival is happening today!" He spoke as he made his way. So little did he know that his next adventure was about to begin...

Author's Note:

Secret Report #1

At last, I have done my part. Placing the corrupted necklace near that little brainiac student of Celestia's Element was a success. Now she will be off to releasing the deity into Equestria, and the entire world will blame Celestia for it.
The news of the changeling attack is beginning to spread like wildfire, and Canterlot are choosing sides. Some believe that Shining Armor willingfully let the barrier down so the changelings can attack, and that Celestia knew that there was an invasion and did nothing to halt the wedding. Many lives were almost lost tonight, so now the attention is turned toward Celestia and her actions.
This can be useful to our advantage, to finally seize Canterlot and expose the royal sisters for their terrible job of ruling Equestria, but the man who came here told me that it's not the right moment. He said that he was cooking a scheme that will allow us to take over Equestria. For years, the pegasi and disgusting earth ponies are becoming as equal as we are, but the unicorns are the true rulers, not them or the alicorn sisters.
For now, I must play the waiting game and follow the plan. We shall rise to power once again. By Princess Platnium's Crown, the unicorns will take their rightful place as the true rulers of Equestria! - N



Author's Note:
So, that's a wrap for this chapter. Sorry for the long wait. Like I said, this will be updated at a strange pace. I'm working on other projects as we speak, including this one.
The conversation between Discord and Twilight was inspired by the scene from the cancelled MLP fan-film Journey of the Spark. Keep in mind that the scenes that Twilight was shown before her were actually illusions conjured up by Discord's magic, and not really what happened.
I know there are people out there who have a bit of a grudge with how some characters didn't apologize for their actions, but they managed to do so by doing the right thing.
The Canterlot Wedding fiasco is a great source for inspiration for other stories and what ifs and stuff like that. But this story isn't to personally attack the Girls, Princess Celestia, and everyone involved. They made a mistake, a mistake that isn't beyond forgiving.
Friends make mistakes, and they can forget the lessons that they've learned. Every friend forgets once and a while, but not on purpose. I believe that every friendship that can be saved should be saved. Until then, we watch what happens.
Oh, and the nightmare Sora has, will play a role in the story. Next chapter, will focus more on him.