• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 15,378 Views, 329 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Fractured Friendship - KHXhero



An epilogue to Kingdom Hearts III, Sora and friends journey to find Twilight Sparkle and restore the magic of friendship, while also facing against his inner turnmoil.

  • ...
9
 329
 15,378

Chapter 10: Our Town

Chapter 10: Our Town

Somewhere in the desert village of Somnambula, named after the Pegasus who saved the Pharaoh's son from the great sphinx, just outside the pyramid was a white blindfold laying on the steps. The ponies from the village placed the blindfold there to remember the great heroic deed she had done for the village many, many years ago.

No pony was around to see it, but Mare Do Well slowly made his way to the step. He took the blindfold from it and placed it into a saddle back on his right. Inside the bag was Flash Magnus's Shield, Mistmane's Everlasting Flower, the Shovel of Rockhoof, and now the Blindfold of Somnambula. There were four talismans he now had... only two more...


How long has it been? Probably... a few hours since they continued walking. When morning finally came, the Mane Five, Spike, Sora, Donald, and Goofy continued onward. As before, the train couldn't take them any further than they were already going. Luckily, they were able to make it out of the forest, only to come across what appears to be a grassless plain, where there were only columns of rocks sticking out. One thing's for sure, it wasn't a rock farm, otherwise the group would be running into Pinkie Pie's family. But after hours of walking, the group was getting pretty tired, with the ponies showing a little lack of sleep and their manes were a bit messy. Spike's spines on her head were getting pretty droopy, and he was getting hungry too. Even Rainbow Dash was tired, probably because she was floating in the air with her wings. Her wings were about ready to give out.

The only ones who didn't look like walking for hours were Sora, Donald, and Goofy, while they looked ok, they were feeling tired too.

"Can't... walk... anymore." Pinkie Pie said as she fell to the ground on her front. Soon, all the ponies started to stop and sit down, while Rainbow Dash dropped to the ground, and Spike laying on his back.

"I'm pooped..." Rainbow Dash said, laying on the ground. Sora, Donald, and Goofy continued walking, until Donald slumped to the ground, and Goofy dropping to his knees.

"Quaaaaack…" Donald quacked, exhausted.

"Sora... maybe we should rest for a bit." Goofy said.

"Yeah... that's a good idea." Sora said, sounding tired as well. The group came to a stop and dropped down, sitting on the floor. Donald let out a weak moan, as Goofy only started to sleep again. Sora sighed, and looked around, seeing nothing but rocks, sand... and whatever. But nothing else.

"WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE WE?!" He shouted with his head up at the sky. Then he only lowered his head, letting out a defeated groan. Pinkie Pie let out a hungry sigh and lifted her head up. Suddenly, her eyes opened up wide, and her mane and tail returned to it's puffy fluffy self again. She let out a gasp, and a smile.

"Oh My Gosh!" She cheered. She took a hold of Sora's face and pointed it forward. "Look!" Sora then stared down at what Pinkie Pie was trying to show him. Suddenly, he noticed something far away. It looked like a silhouette of a pony. And it was moving towards them.

"Hey, there's someone coming towards us." Sora said, as Goofy lifted his head up to see, but his sleepy state made it difficult to see.

"You sure it's not a mirage?" Goofy asked. Donald, on the other hand, did see someone in the distance.

"No, there is someone!" Donald said, pointing forward. The group looked on and saw that Sora and Pinkie Pie were right. Someone... actually somepony was coming towards them slowly.

"Who is that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's Maud!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Who?" Applejack asked, while the others looked at her with confusion.

"Maud Pie!" Pinkie Pie said. "She's my older sister!"

"Maud Pie?" Rarity asked, but then she gasped, showing that she knew the name. "Wait, is she the sister you said that has my same interests in fashion?"

"The very same!" Pinkie Pie said. "She's coming straight towards us!" She hopped up and down and stood in front of the group, seeing the pony coming towards them.

"HEY MAUD!" Pinkie Pie called out. "OVER HERE!" The pony, still a little too far to see, was coming towards them... it looked like she was walking. Though the pony was getting closer and closer, slower than expected.

"Is she even moving?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"WE'RE OVER HERE, MAUD!" Pinkie Pie called out as she made a big jump, floating in the air as she called out. She hopped back down to the ground, giving a very big happy smile. Pretty soon, the pony, Maud Pie, got closer to the group, with everyone having a better view of her, and it was a bit surprising. Maud Pie, like Pinkie Pie, was an Earth Pony. But she was very, very different than Pinkie Pie. Her fur was a Persian bluish gray color, and her eyes were light turquoise. Her mane and tail were straight and flat, colored in a grayish blue violet. She had eyeshadow like Rarity, but it was the same color of her own mane, only grayer. She also wore a grayish blue dress that reached down her back hooves, with a black buckle-less belt around her waist. No one could see it, but her cutie mark was a sharply diamond-shaped rock.

Maud Pie, her eyes not closed, but her upper eyelids lowered a bit, as if she was showing no expression, looked at the group. She then looked down at the ground, seeing a rock. She knelt down and sniffed.

"Hmmm, sedimentary." She spoke, her voice showing lack of enthusiasm.

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash asked as Maud Pie picked up the rock.

"This is a sedimentary rock." Maud replied. "It's a rock that's formed by the accumulation or deposition of small particles and subsequent cementation of mineral or organic particles on the floor of oceans or other bodies of water at the surface of the ground." As she spoke, Sora, Donald, and Goofy tilted their heads, showing confusion.

"What just happened?" Donald asked.

"I think we've just learned a science lesson." Sora said.

"Sounds like it." Goofy said.

"That's because she's into rock science." Pinkie Pie said with a smile.

"Rock science?" Everyone asked.

"Uh-huh!" Pinkie Pie said. "It's the study of rocks!" She gave a smiling squeal, while Maud gave an expressionless nod, agreeing with her sister. The other ponies looked at each other with confusion. She's actually a lot different than Pinkie Pie. Of course, the two lived on a rock farm, so that could explain it. Regardless, they had to introduce themselves.

"Well, nice to meet you Maud Pie." Sora said. "My name is Sora. This is Donald and Goofy.

"Hello, Miss Pie." Goofy said as he and Donald, giving a nervous quack, gave a wave.

"And I'm Applejack." The farmpony began as she approached the rock pony. "This here is Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy." They all waved hello. Maud Pie didn't wave or anything. She just blinked, with one eye, and then the other eye. The conversation was getting a bit weirder now, so Rarity decided to speak up.

"Pinkie Pie has told me that you share my love of fashion." Rarity said.

"I'm really into expressing myself through my wardrobe." Maud Pie said.

"Amazing!" Rarity said. "So what is the delightful frock you're wearing now saying?" The earth pony looked at her with a confused raised eyebrow.

"It doesn't talk." She said. "It's a dress." Rarity suddenly blushed, probably because she said her question in the wrong way, or possibly because Maud Pie didn't understand.

"Oh, yes of course." Rarity said, giving a little nervous laugh, while the earth pony continued looking deadpan.

"Say, what are you doing all the way out here?" Sora asked.

"I'm studying more rocks to earn my rocktorate in rock science." Maud Pie said. The trio looked even more confused.

"Rock...torate?" Sora asked.

"I think she means a bachelor's degree." Goofy said. "You know, the certificate you get when you complete college."

"Oh yeah." Sora said. "Like the one you got after you went back to college, before you became a knight, right?"

"You betcha." Goofy said.

"Oh yeah, I remember that." Donald said. "Me and the King were at the Graduation Party for that."

"Oh, that's right!" Pinkie Pie said, looking at her sister. "You're working on your rocktorate! How's that going?"

"Going good." Maud Pie said. "We're out here studying new kinds of rock, seeing how they form and such."

"We?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking around. "Who's we? I don't see anyone else here."

"Me and Boulder." Maud Pie said. "He's my pet. He's in my pocket." The earth pony pointed to the little pouch that was on her dress.

"Oh, you have a pocket pet?" Fluttershy asked with interest and excitement due to her love of animals. "What kind of pet is it? Is it a tiny mouse? A baby bird? Or a trained butterfly?"

"He's a rock." Maud Pie said, reaching into her hoof and pulled out a small rock, much to Fluttershy's surprise. "His name is Boulder." Everyone only looked a bit confused. This was definitely different than Pinkie Pie and her colorful personality.

"Um... is it just me or is this getting a little awkward?" Spike asked, Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

"She's way different that Pinkie Pie." Donald said.

"That's ok, though." Goofy said. "Everyone's special in their own way. I'm starting to like her. She knows a lot about rocks." Sora only gave a smile and a nod. Say, since Maud Pie was out here, maybe she might've seen Twilight.

"Say, have you seen a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle?" Sora asked, approaching the earth pony. "She's lavender with a blue mane and tail, with a purple and magenta streak. And her cutie mark has a magenta colored star on it." Maud Pie looked at the boy, but shook her head.

"No, I haven't." Maud Pie said. Sora, Donald, and Goofy only slumped in disappointment.

"Well, did you at least see someone out here?" Donald asked.

"Yes, I did." Maud Pie said, surprising everyone.

"You have?" Applejack asked.

"There's a small town just up ahead." Maud Pie said. "Me and Boulder were just passing through it. Maybe you'll find your friend there." Hearing that brought some hope for the ponies.

"Alright!" Rainbow Dash said. "Let's go!" With a nod, the ponies and Spike went off towards the direction Maud came from. Pinkie Pie looked back at her sister.

"You wanna come along, sis?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I have important stuff to do." Maud Pie said. "But I'll visit you in Ponyville sometime soon, ok?"

"Ok then!" Pinkie Pie said with a happy nod, knowing that her sister needs to work on getting her rocktorate. Before departing, she gave her older sister a happy hug. Surprisingly, Maud gave a warm smile and hugged her sister, which was a bit surprising given her apathy. That's because she truly loves her sister.

"Take care, Maud!" Pinkie Pie called as she and her friends went off, while Sora, Donald, and Goofy looked back at the earth pony.

"It was nice meeting you, Maud." Sora said. "I hope you get your rock...tor... whatever you were doing."

"Thank you." Maud Pie said. "Look after my sister, ok? She means the worlds to me."

"We will." Sora said.

"You got it." Goofy said with a salute, and Donald gave a nod. They were then about to leave.

"Be careful." Maud Pie said, making them turn back towards her.

"Why?" Sora asked.

"The town is pretty creepy." Maud Pie said. "Too many equal signs, creepy smiles. The unicorn running the place, don't be fooled by her."

"Equal Signs?" They asked.

"You'll see." Maud Pie said. They all looked at each with a bit of confusion, but they gave a nod, showing that they can't stop now. They needed to find Twilight.

"Ok." Sora said. "Take care!" He, Donald, and Goofy gave a wave as they departed to follow their friends to the town. As she looked on, Maud Pie gave another smile.

"May your heart be your guiding key." She spoke.


The trio continued their way to follow the ponies to the town that Maud Pie had mentioned. They didn't get the name of the town, but from what Maud had described, she said it was a creepy town, and beware the unicorn who runs it. Whatever that meant, it was probably bad. So they had to be ready for anything. Pretty soon, they saw the girls just up ahead, staring down at something. The group then came to a half, and saw what they were witnessing. Just below them was a small town.

The village was just in the middle of nowhere, where all the houses were arranged into two parallel lines, forming an equal sign. The only exception was one house at the end of the houses, standing not connected to the others. The sight of the village was very nice... and suspicious. Houses don't usually stay lined up like that. Either way, it looked nice and decent.

"There it is!" Rainbow Dash said.

"It looks nice." Fluttershy said.

"You think Twilight could be down there?" Spike asked.

"Only one way to find out." Rarity said as she approached the ledge, only to be stopped by Applejack.

"Hold on, sugarcube." Applejack said. "This doesn't look right."

"Same here." Sora said. "We should probably be careful. It might be dangerous."

"Yes!" Rainbow Dash cheered, taking the group by surprise. "What? I like dangerous."

"Everypony, stay back!" Pinkie Pie said, making her way towards the edge. "I'm going in..."

"Pinkie Pie, Wait!" Donald called out as Pinkie Pie leaned over the edge, allowing herself to drop and roll down the hill, up to the rock where she hid behind it, and tilted her head, to get a better look at the town. She then hid under the rock plates on the ground, moving to the next one, and on to the other big one. The group only looked at each other with confusion, but then made their way down the edge normally. Pinkie Pie then hid behind the next big rock, lifted it up with her hooves, and urged the group to follow her. As they did, the rock fell right on Pinkie Pie, but she moved her hoof, urging them to keep going. She then moved with the rock still under her.

"How does she do that?" Donald asked.

"That's just Pinkie Pie." Sora said as they continued to follow her. The group then looked behind the rock, with Pinkie Pie moving from under it to see. The town looked pretty normal... because the stallions and mares they were looking at were smiling and talking to each other.

"It looks kinda… boring." Rainbow Dash said. "Probably the most boring place in Equestria.

"It's just a normal village with normal looking ponies." Applejack said.

"It definitely could use a few more architectural flourishes." Rarity said. "Or any architectural flourishes."

"I think it's lovely." Fluttershy said.

"I don't like it." Pinkie Pie said. "I don't like it one bit."

"How do you know?" Goofy asked.

"Because, look at their smiles." Pinkie Pie said, pointing at the ponies below. "I know smiles. And those smiles don't look right." The group looked on and saw that Pinkie Pie was onto something. The ponies down there were smiling... and they were weird smiles. But Sora also noticed something, something about them was off too.

"That's not just it." Sora said. "Look at their cutie marks." The group then noticed the cutie marks on the ponies' flanks. They were all equal signs. And what's really strange. The ponies' manes and tails were about the same as each other.

"Ok, that is weird." Rainbow Dash said.

"But ponies don't have the same cutie marks." Sora said. "Do they?" The girls and Spike only shook their heads.

"You think it could be Heartless in disguise?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't think so." Sora said. "I don't sense anything relating to darkness down there."

"You can't sense any darkness at all." Donald said, with Sora looking at the duck with a glare.

"I reckon we just ought to head into town and talk to some of the locals, find out what's really goin' on." Applejack said.

"Great idea, AJ." Rainbow Dash said. "Let's go!" She then took off, only to be stopped by Rarity.

"We should just go there in a polite manner." Rarity said. "And not dashing our way through." The rainbow maned Pegasus gave a sigh, knowing that they shouldn't start a commotion... yet. The group then made their way towards town.

"Those smiles are bad news..." Pinkie Pie said, with Sora having the same feeling. Pretty soon, the group made their way towards the town, getting the attention of the other ponies with the equal marks.

"Welcome!" One of the ponies said with a smile, as the group gave a nervous wave.

"Welcome!" Another one said.

"Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!" All the ponies, the mares, the stallions, even the fillies and colts spoke as the group made their way through the town. The group felt more nervous than ever.

"Gosh, this is the most pleasant place in Equestria!" Fluttershy said.

"Too pleasant if you ask me." Rainbow Dash said. As they continued their way through the town, a pony with light cobalt blue eyes, a moderate azure and cornflower blue mane and tail, and a coat of light cyan-ish gray approached them, though his color seemed to be quite discolored a bit.

"Welcome!" The pony, Party Favor said. "Pardon my forwardness, but are all of you friends?" the group looked at each other with confusion.

"Yep, we sure are." Goofy said.

"Well, you certainly came to the right place for friendship." Party Favor said, while another pony, Double Diamond, colored in white, his mane being white with cyan-ish gray and blue cobalt eyes, approached them as well.

"What brings you all to town?" Double Diamond asked.

"Um... just passing through." Sora said with a nervous smile.

"I see." Double Diamond said. "Well, all are welcome here in our little village. I'm Double Diamond, and this is Party Favor."

"Howdy, Double Diamond." Applejack said, showing a little unease. "I'm Applejack, and this here's Pinkie Pie, Futtershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Spike." The group gave a nervous but friendly wave, though Pinkie Pie showed a face of suspicion.

"I'm Sora." The boy replied. "This is Donald, and Goofy."

"Hello." Donald said as he and Goofy waved.

"Well, you all look very unique." Double Diamond said looking at the group, but then at the girls' cutie marks. "And so do your cutie marks!"

"Um... thanks?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Say, if you don't mind us asking, is everything ok here?" Sora asked. "Any trouble?"

"Trouble?" Double Diamond asked. "Why no, I don't think we've ever had trouble in our little village."

"It's true." Party Favor said. "Perhaps you'd care to speak with our founder, Starlight Glimmer." The group looked at each other. Their founder?

"Um, alright." Sora said. "Lead the way." The two ponies gave a nod and led the group towards the house at the end of the town, which was separate from the other houses, looking ordinary.

"I wish everypony was as friendly as these ponies are." Fluttershy said.

"Well, I got my eye on them." Pinkie Pie said, looking back at the ponies, who were all following behind them with happy smiles. "Something's rotten in... whatever the name of this village is that we're in right now!"

"I think she's right." Sora said to Donald and Goofy. Pretty soon, the group made their way towards the house, as the two ponies knocked on it. The door opened and they went inside.

"Starlight, we have some new visitors." Double Diamond said, leading the group inside. There was a door on the other side of the room, next to a stairway leading up to the upper floor.

"Be ready to fight." Rainbow Dash whispered to Applejack. "We don't know what's gonna come through that door." Pretty soon, the green door opened up, and out of the shadows came a unicorn with a pale light grayish heliotrope coat with moderate Persian blue eyes. Her mane and tail were moderate purple with lighter purple and grayish aquamarine highlights. It was just a unicorn, much to Rainbow Dash's disappointment.

"Welcome!" She said. "I am so pleased to have here." The group waved hello, though Pinkie Pie looked more suspicious.

"Nice to meet you." Sora said. "I'm Sora. That's Donald and Goofy, and those are Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Spike." The group also gave a nod, though it was a nervous nod. Starlight Glimmer examined the boy closely, much to his confusion.

"Forgive my bluntness, but I take it you're from the outside world?" She asked. "We don't get many people from the outside world."

"Figures..." Donald whispered to Goofy.

"My name is Starlight Glimmer, the founder of Our Town." The unicorn, Starlight Glimmer, said. "Tell me, how did you hear of our village?"

"That's a long story actually." Sora said, not wanting to bring up Maud Pie in order to avoid suspicion.

"Well, however you found us, we're happy to have all of you!" Starlight said. "We're happy to have anypony who wants to experience true friendship for the first time."

"True Friendship?" The group asked.

"Oh, indeed." Starlight said, making her way towards a portrait of an equal sign, straightening it up. "That's what's so unique about our village, you see. Around here, we don't flaunt our special talents because we don't have any special talents to flaunt."

"Special talents?" Sora asked. "You mean... is that why you all have those cutie marks?"

"Perhaps it be easier to understand if I gave you a tour of the village!" Starlight said. She then opened the door, as a marching drum cadence began to start.

"Heads high, ponies! Marching proud!" Starlight said, gathering the other ponies as they followed suit. "All Together now! Every one of you! No pony left behind." The ponies began to march, while the girls and co. only watched with confusion.

Life is so grand in Our Town

We're always filled with cheer

We never have to look around

To know that we're all here

Pretty soon, the ponies began to circle the group, much to their surprise. To Sora's notice, Starlight Glimmer was moving her head, as if she was using her horn to conduct.

In Our Town, in Our Town

We don't have to wait

To find out that our destiny

Is just to emulate

"Let's see those big, happy smiles!" Starlight said, as the ponies began to smile... way too much without pain.

Life is a smile in Our Town

Our cutie mark's the same

Because we do not separate

Ourselves by more than name

Two of the Pegasus circled Rainbow Dash, and pulled her slowly to the ground, making her land on her hooves.

In Our Town, in Our Town

We dare not compete

Winning only breeds the worst

Ego-filled conceit

"You see?" Starlight asked right behind Rainbow Dash, making the latter jump. "Now everypony wins! " As Starlight and her ensemble continued, seeing that they were more distracted and focused on the Mane Five, Sora looked at Donald, Goofy, and Spike, silently telling them to leave the group real quick. The three followed the boy somewhere to hide so they can think.

Life is a joy in Our Town

We're all equal here

No one is superior

And no one shakes in fear

As Starlight fixed up one of the mare's manes and styled them as pigtails, Sora rushed over to Applejack and whispered into her ear.

"You girls keep them distracted." Sora said.

"Why?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know, but we're gonna try and find out what happened to their cutie marks." Sora said. "Think you can do that?" The girls looked at each other and gave a nod to the boy.

"Don't be too long." Rarity said. "We'll try as best we can."

"Thanks." Sora said as he moved out of the group with Donald, Goofy, and Spike, reaching a nice place where they can barely be seen by one of the houses.

In Our Town, in Our Town

We work as a team

You can't have a nightmare

If you never dream

While the ensembled were marching around the mane five, Sora, Donald and Goofy, and of course Spike, were watching with a bit of confusion. The boy knew that this wasn't right. Giving up their special talent for true happiness?

"Guys... this is not normal." Sora said.

"I have the same feeling, Sora." Goofy said. "This looks too happy if you're asking me."

"Uh huh." Donald said. "It's almost as if when they lost their special talent, they lost themselves too."

"Yeah." Sora said. "Ponies can't just give up their special talents. The talents they have are what make them unique, and it's suppose to bring happiness, if you know the meaning of that purpose. These ponies, they don't look happy." The boy stared at Starlight, who was conducting the ponies to keep singing. He was heeding Maud Pie's warning about the unicorn who runs the town, and Starlight was that unicorn. Something about her was very suspicious.

"That pony is not right." Sora said, looking back at the two. "I think we better investigate."

"But... where do we begin investigating?" Spike asked.

"Psssst!" A voice whispered behind them, making the four turn around. They saw another unicorn with a moderate magenta colored mane and tail, her coat being a pale cerise, and her eyes were moderate cerise. She was whispering to them and with her hoof, she was urging them to come to her near the cellar, that lead under one of the buildings. The four looked at each other, wondering who was calling them. They decided to go check it out, while the others were still singing to the Mane Five. Pinkie Pie still looked at them with suspicion, knowing that something was still wrong.

Other ponies argue

Do you ever wonder why?

When you think your talent's special

You don't see eye-to-eye

There's just too many differences

That lead to disarray

But when you learn to act as one

It's like a holiday

Fluttershy began to move her head to the rhythm of their song, but Pinkie Pie stared at her, shaking her head, telling her to not be fooled.

In Our Town, in Our Town

We don't complicate

When you learn to simplify

Life is oh, so great

Join in our utopia

Come out of the dark

Banded by equality

By our cutie mark!

The ensemble finished the song, all of them standing parallel to each other like an equal sign, while Starlight was at the end of the line, giving a smile, while a couple of Pegasi behind her lifted a banner of a white sheet with an equal sign. The girls realized what the ponies were here and had equal signs. They gave up their own cutie marks! And they wanted them to give theirs up too? Rainbow Dash began to laugh at this.

"You're kidding, right?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Give up our cutie marks? No way!"

"Rainbow Dash, don't be so rude." Fluttershy said. "I don't think we should judge them . They all seem perfectly happy with their choice."

"Don't believe their smiles, Fluttershy." Pinkie Pie said, still showing lots of suspicion.

"But girls, there's no reason to be rude." Fluttershy said. "They just like doing things a bit differently than we're used to. There's no need to hound them for it." Hearing that made Starlight smile.

"We're so glad to hear that." She said as she approached the butter colored Pegasus. "Why don't we show you around?" She then glanced to her fellow equal ponies with a nod.

"Would you all show her our wonderful art exhibit?" Starlight asked. The ponies gave a nod, and they stood by Fluttershy's side and led the way to one of their buildings.

"Oh, thank you." She said as she happily joined them to their art exhibit, while the girls only looked on with shock and surprise.

"Hey, what's the big idea?!" Rainbow Dash asked. "Taking our friend from us?"

"Well, we certainly have no judgements here in our village." Starlight said. "Each of us was confused once as well, blinded by the false promise of our cutie marks.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Rainbow Dash said. "Is she for real?"

"Look, y'all." Applejack said. "We didn't come here to join your... little regime. We came here to find a friend of ours. She's lost and it was our fault."

"Your fault?" Starlight asked. "Was it because of your cutie marks?"

"No way!" Applejack said. "We... did something bad, and we weren't there for her when she needed us."

"Awww... that's so sad." Starlight said as the ponies behind her entered the art house with Fluttershy. "Maybe because your cutie marks led you down a path that made you all abandon her."

"Of course not!" Applejack said. "We're connected."

"Through the Elements of Harmon-" Pinkie Pie was about to speak, but she covered her mouth, realizing that she may have said too much. Hearing that made Starlight's eyes widen a bit, and a bigger smile formed on her face.

"Well, well." Starlight said. "You girls are the Elements of Harmony wielders? I knew I saw those faces somewhere. No wonder your friend ran away. Maybe she ran off because you all were just using her for your own desires." Hearing that made Rainbow Dash angry. How dare she say that about them.

"Why you little...!" Rainbow Dash said, only to be stopped by Applejack.

"Look, this is a big misunderstanding." Rarity said.

"Of course it is." Starlight said with a smile. "Have you considered that you all need a teaching of how cutie marks could be bad? But we can help you with that. After all, nopony has ever come to our village and wanted to leave. Why should you be any different." Applejack then took a long stare at the unicorn. Something in her gut knew that there was something very wrong with this pony. Either she was misguided by her own beliefs, or maybe she's actually a threat!

"I told you something's off about this place." Pinkie Pie whispered, with the girls giving a nod.

"Look, we appreciate the hospitality, but we should probably grab our spikey friend, and Flutters and just be on our way." Applejack said.

"Oh... I'm afraid I can't let you do that." Starlight said. "Because we might need you to provide a boost to our community..." Suddenly, her horn began to glow with a light turquoise aura. Suddenly, the four ponies were held by Starlight's magic! Wait, how is she able to hold four ponies at once?!

"H...How are you doing this?!" Rarity asked.

"Years of practice." Starlight said as she approached them, while they tried to break free. "When the rest of Equestria sees that the bearers of the Elements of Harmony gave up their cutie marks to join us, they'll finally understand what we're trying to accomplish. And with the power of the Elements, it'll be so easy too!"

"You meanie!" Pinkie Pie shouted. "I knew there was something fishy about you!"

"Well, guess the gut really does tell you something is off." Starlight said as she held the girls up, giving a wicked smile. "Now... your cutie marks..."


The cellar can be spooky if you can't see. Actually it's still spooky even if you have a light or with someone to accompany you. As the four looked around inside, they could only see pitch black, and nothing else.

"Huh, this is one spooky place." Goofy said.

"I can't see a thing in here." Spike said.

"Ow!" Donald shouted. "Hey, who stepped on my foot?"

"Oh, sorry Donald." Sora said as he moved forward, trying to look around. But it was still pitch black and no one else was inside... or was there? Sora could've sworn he heard some silent chatter within the cellar.

"Hello?" He asked. "Is anyone in here?" Sora asked.

"Right here." A mare's voice said. The light came on quickly, revealing the mare that Sora saw just a minute ago.

"Oh, there you are!" Sora said.

"Shhhh!" The mare whispered. "Not too loud." The boy, knowing what that meant, gave a quick nod. Then suddenly, behind the mare, three other ponies came out of the shadows. It was Double Diamond, Party Favor, and the other one was a moderate azure Pegasus mare with brilliant cerulean eyes, and her mane and tail were white and light phthalo gray. That was Night Glider. The four ponies approached the four, as Sora, Donald, and Goofy were ready to prepare for what's about to happen.

"Hello!" Sugar Belle said with a normal smile. "We're so happy to meet you!"

"Oh, hello there." Sora said.

"Don't worry, they're friends of mine." The unicorn mare said. "My name is Sugar Belle. This is Night Glider, and you've already met Double Diamond and Party Favor."

"Hello." Sora said as Donald and Goofy gave a wave.

"Say, why are we in here?" Spike asked.

"So nopony can see hear or see us." Sugar Belle said.

"Hear what?" Sora asked as the mare approached him.

"Well, us just being us!" Sugar Belle said. "Tell me, you're from the outside world, right?" .

"Um..." Sora said, then he looked back at Donald and Goofy, who reluctantly gave a nod, since Equestria is aware of the outside worlds around it.

"Yes, we are." Sora said.

"Were you sent by Princess Celestia?" Night Glider asked. "Do you know her?"

"I love her cutie mark!" Sugar Belle said. "And I love the pink one's cutie mark too!"

"You do?" Donald asked. "I thought you guys hate cutie marks. We just heard that marching song outside."

"Yes we do, but I really miss mine though." Sugar Belle said. "When I had my cutie mark, I was able to make the most delicious treats! That was my special talent."

"My special talent is to snowboard to the extreme." Double Diamond said.

"Mine was to make party animals out of balloons!" Party Favor said.

"And mine's to fly amazingly... during the night at least." Night Glider said. The four looked at each other with surprise. These four ponies love their special talents?

"So wait a second." Sora said. "You guys want your special talents back?"

"Of course we do." Sugar Belle said. "We've always dreamed of having them back. Joining the community was the biggest mistake we've ever made."

"Well, what's stopping you?" Goofy asked.

"Yeah, why don't you get your cutie marks back?" Donald asked.

"Daydreaming is one thing, but you mean actually having it put back on?" Party Favor asked. "That's probably not gonna happen."

"What do you mean?" Goofy asked.

"We're not sure Starlight would like that." Sugar Belle said. "She wants us all to be happy in our sameness."

"But no one should keep your from your cutie mark." Sora said. "It represents the essential part of who you all are."

"Oh, we're not kept from them." Night Glider said. "They're up in the vault in the caves."

"We can visit them any time we like to remind us of the heartache of a life with special talents." Double Diamond said. "But the heartache is actually living a life without a special talent."

"The Vault?" Sora asked as he looked at the others and Spike. He then turned back to the four ponies.

"Hey, if we agree to get your cutie marks back, can you tell us where the cave is?" Sora asked. The four ponies looked at each other with surprise. They're willing to go get their cutie marks back for them? They looked at the boy and gave a nod.


So, after hearing from the four ponies how much they missed their special talents, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Spike decided to go check out this cave, which is said to have the cutie marks inside. As they made their way out of the cellar, the group saw that no pony was in sight, nor was Starlight or the Mane Five.

"I wonder where the girls went." Goofy said.

"Maybe they're distracting the villagers." Sora said.

"I sure hope so." Donald said. "I don't like this village one bit." They soon turned and saw Fluttershy coming out of one of the houses, where she had a smile on her face.

"Oh, hey Fluttershy." Sora said.

"Sora, Donald, Goofy, Spike, this place is lovely!" Fluttershy said.

"Lovely?" Spike asked. "How is this place lovely?"

"Well, the ponies here are nice, simple, and they have very good tastes." Fluttershy said.

"Good tastes?" Donald asked. "Doesn't look like good taste by the look of these houses. They're all the same!"

"Well, there's no reason to be rude about it." Fluttershy said. "This is the choice that they made for themselves." Sora then noticed something. The other girls, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity were not with her. Where were they?

"Wait, where are the other girls?" Sora asked.

"Huh?" Fluttershy asked, looking around her, just noticing that the others were not with her. "I guess they went to look around."

"Any chance something bad happened to them?" Goofy asked.

"Was Starlight with you as well?" Sora asked.

"Um... No." Fluttershy said. "The only ones who were with me were the villagers. I guess Starlight's giving them a tour of the place." The group looked around.

"That can't be good." Sora said.

"What if Starlight did something to the girls?!" Donald asked. "She probably is trying to convert them to her ways!"

"Now, Donald!" Fluttershy said, her voice sounding more louder, much to the duck's surprise. "Don't be accusing somepony like that. There must be some explanation."

"Well, we better go find them." Sora said. "But first, let's go find those cutie marks."

"Cutie marks?" Fluttershy asked. "Whose-" The boy quickly gave a shhhh sound, his finger right up to his lips, not wanting to draw anymore attention.

"We'll explain." Sora said. "C'mon." With that said, the group made their way towards the cave, to find the cutie marks of the four who miss the so much. However, four silhouettes emerged from the path, seeing the group leaving towards the cave.

Author's Note:

This wasn't originally suppose to be part of this story, but I got the idea from one of the commenters if Our Town could be featured in this story. So I decided to add this.
So special thanks to Wilddog88!

And I know Maud Pie meets Starlight Glimmer before all this, but I had to include something. Despite her personality, Maud Pie is just so great!

And Starlight Glimmer fans, you're probably gonna hate me for what I'm gonna do with her in the next chapter. You'll see...

Oh, and Xbox fans, the entire Kingdom Hearts saga is coming to Xbox. The HD collections, including the Final Chapter Prologue collection will be on the Xbox One in 2020. Better late than never!

Next chapter will be real soon too!