• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 15,328 Views, 329 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS: Fractured Friendship - KHXhero



An epilogue to Kingdom Hearts III, Sora and friends journey to find Twilight Sparkle and restore the magic of friendship, while also facing against his inner turnmoil.

  • ...
9
 329
 15,328

Chapter 28: The Plan

Chapter 28: The Plan

"So... what happened again?" Goofy asked as he, Sora, and Donald were on their way back to the castle. After meeting up with Donald and Goofy, Sora had to tell them what happened back at the library when he placed the orb back, about the man he saw inside it, the voices he heard, the man, and the confused librarian speaking in some strange language.

"I was placing this orb back in the room in the library." Sora began. "And then I saw this guy in that orb. Then I found myself in a mystical place, and he asked me who I was. Then I heard these voices saying 'You Have Been Chosen', or something like that. Then the librarian appeared and spoke in some strange language."

"What was she saying?" Donald asked.

"I... I don't know." Sora said. "I couldn't make it out, except for two words... True King."

"You sure it wasn't another panic attack?" Goofy asked.

"No, it didn't feel like it." Sora said. "I didn't have flashbacks or anything like that. This was much different. But still, it was enough to startle me, and it still does." He took a look around, seeing some of the Crystal Ponies talking to each other, and some of them looking at the trio with a bit of confusion.

"Do you think it's probably Sombra's magic?" Donald asked. "He probably cursed some places when he took over the first time."

"I don't think so." Sora said. "This magic was much more... different. But whatever's going on, we should keep our guard up."

"I agree." Goofy said. "With Sombra out there, we're gonna need to be on our toes."

"Definitely." Donald said. The spikey haired boy glanced down at the floor, still trying to think of what the librarian or whatever it was trying to tell him. He probably shouldn't think about it right now. He knew he had to focus on protecting the Crystal Empire.

"Sora!" A voice called out.

"WHOA!" Sora yelped, turning around to see Twilight Sparkle, who also yelped as the boy jumped.

"Twilight." Sora said.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." Twilight said. "I didn't mean to startle you like that."

"Oh no, it's fine." Sora said with assurance. "I was just alone in my thoughts for a minute." The lavender unicorn tilted her head a bit, noticing that the boy looked a bit too startled.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm ok." Sora said. The bookworm moved a bit closer to him with a bit of suspicion and worriesome.

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked. "You don't look like it." The boy tried to give a smile, but he knew that he shouldn't try to hide it.

"Sorry." He said as he turned away. "I just have a lot on my mind. A whole lot, actually. And the day was going so good for me." Twilight tilted her head again, wondering what was wrong. Then, Goofy and Donald pulled her aside.

"You'll have to forgive him, Twilight." Goofy whispered. "Sora's been feeling a bit... jumpy."

"You mean a lot jumpy." Donald said.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"It's a long story." Donald answered. "Sora's seen some stuff happen after his last visit here. And it was enough to spook him out."

"Spook him out." Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What could've possible done that?"

"He saw something bad happen to us that didn't happen because he did some loop around time and such." Goofy said. "Plus, he did see someone he cared about get... um... punctured." Twilight's eyes widened a bit, having a good idea what they were talking about.

"Oh..." Twilight said. "Poor thing. To be honest, I thought it was because of everything that happened between us. But he seemed ok to me."

"He tries to hide it a lot." Donald said. "But it doesn't help. You should've seen him back in Twilight Town when he froze stiff when that Heartless Tower attacked." Just then, Jiminy popped out from behind Goofy.

"Fellas, should we still be talking about this?" Jiminy asked. "It's not polite to gossip about Sora's issues behind his back."

"I agree." Goofy said. "We don't want to give Sora the wrong idea."

"Oh please." Donald said. "He doesn't even listen to us. He's not even hearing what we're saying."

"I'm right here, you know..." A stern voice came from the boy. Donald and Goofy almost jumped, turning to see Sora with a suspicious look. From the looks of it, he's probably heard enough of it. Donald and Goofy gave a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry..." Goofy said. The boy only sighed.

"No, it's fine." Sora said. "I got loads of good sleep last night, and now something unexpected happened and it just... threw me off today." He lowered his head.

"It's ok, Sora." Twilight said. "Try not to think about it. Let's focus on protecting the Crystal Empire." The spikey haired boy gave a smile. She was right. He shouldn't think about it too much.

"Ok." Sora said. "Thanks, Twilight." Then the lavender unicorn looked around, and noticed that someone wasn't with her.

"Say, where's Spike?" She asked.


While the others were out getting information about the Crystal Empire, Spike was having a mission of his own too. After seeing Flash Sentry acting all weird and everything, the baby dragon decided to follow him and figure out where he went, even going as far as leaving the castle grounds and into the town. Luckily, not many Crystal Ponies were around, otherwise they would've flipped out, giving a dragon's taste of gems and crystals. Hey, crystals and gems can be the same thing too.

Anyway, the baby dragon was looking high and low, and heard a strange voice coming from one of the abandoned buildings. Making his way inside, he saw the inside of the house looked pretty old and dusty. And the floor looked like it was falling apart. Luckily, it was still strong enough to carry his weight, so he went on inside and looked around.

"Where did that stud go?" Spike asked as he looked left and right. Suddenly, he saw a pony shivering near the end of the room, and saw it was a familiar yellow Pegasus with a blue mane. It was Flash Sentry alright, and he looked like he was struggling hard.

"Too much...." Flash whispered. "Too much love..."

"There you are!" Spike said, making the Pegasus yelp with surprise. "What's are you doing in here?"

"S-Spike..." Flash said, though he began to cringe as if he was in pain. "I was... I was... searching the house, that's right!"

"For what?" Spike asked, the baby dragon looking at the Pegasus suspiciously.

"For... um... stuff?" Flash said, though he began to sweat, and keeping his cool, but Spike's stare was getting to him though.

"Of course you were." Spike said. "Ok, listen here Mr. Flash Sentry, I don't know what you're up to, but you better not be trying to take advantage of Twilight. You may have her around your tail, but just keep in mind that if you want to win her heart, you're gonna have to go through me." Hearing Twilight's name made Flash wheeze a bit, making him sweet more. Suddenly, there was this glow in his eyes, a glow that didn't look right.

"Spike, I really need to be alone right now." Flash said as he was about to make his way out, but the baby dragon blocked him.

"So you can plan on having Twilight for yourself?" Spike asked.

"No, of course not!" Flash said.

"Yeah, right." Spike said. "I've seen the way your look at her and stuff. So listen up mister! Twilight's already been through a lot, so don't you think about-" Suddenly, Flash Sentry let out a shout of pain as he backed away, turned around and started to shake, grabbing his head with his hooves, as if he was in pain. Spike was a bit surprised by this. Was this stallion in heat or something?

"Hey, are you ok?" The baby dragon asked.

"Go away!" Flash shouted, turning his head, showing sharp fangs and glowing green eyes, which caused Spike to back away.

"What the?" Spike asked.

"GAAAHH!!!" Flash shouted, though his voice sounded mixed with another's. Suddenly, a green fiery energy began to emerge from Flash's body, causing him to burst into green flames. As the smoke cleared up, Spike glanced forward, and his eyes widened with shock and horror. Standing there in the smoke and gamboge feathers, was a black pony-like creature with a horn and light sea-green insectoid wings. His hooves had holes in them, his carapace was dark arctic blue, and while he had his white fangs, his eyes were a light lime green. Before the baby dragon was the species of the monsters that invaded Canterlot! A Changeling!

"C-Ch... CHANGELING!" Spike screamed, then he fell on his bottom. The creature glanced back at him. Fearing that it was going to eat him, Spike took off running screaming.

"No wait, come back!" The changeling called out, but Spike didn't listen, only to crash into the wall. Suddenly feeling dizzy from the impact, he felt the ground below him was beginning to crumble. Then suddenly...

-CRACK-

The floor beneath him burst open, causing Spike to fall through a huge hole, seeing below was a bunch of sharp black spikey icicles.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!" Spike screamed as he prepared for the worse. But then... he stopped in mid-air, just a few inches away from the icicles. He was saved. But how? He then felt something was around the tip of his tail. Looking up... or down, he saw the Changeling floating above him. The changeling caught Spike's tail with his mouth, and he was preventing him from falling into the spikes below. The baby dragon glanced at the changeling surprised. The changeling... saved him?

"This is... unexpected." Spike said to himself as the changeling flapped his wings and pulled themselves from out of the hole and back onto the surface of the abandoned house. He gently dropped the baby dragon on the ground. Spike then glanced back at the changeling, still in utter surprise.

"Are you ok?" The changeling asked.

"Y...yeah." Spike said, still surprised. "Y... you saved me."

"Well, yes." The changeling said. "Those icicles were sharp down there, and I didn't want you to get hurt." Spike only tilted his head, with even more confusion. The changeling saved him. He saved his life.

"It's ok." The changeling said. "I'll just... leave." He was about to fly away... until.

"Wait!" Spike said, getting his attention. Suddenly, the baby dragon hugged the changeling, which was very surprising. "You saved my life. Thank you." The changeling looked at him with his own surprise.

"Really?" He asked. "You're not... afraid of me?"

"No." Spike said as he released him. "I mean I was at first... but actually... I'm confused. Changelings are suppose to be evil. Right?"

"Evil?" The changeling asked as he hovered back to the ground. "Well, not me. I don't actually like being evil. All I ever wanted was to have a friend, from the moment I hatched from my egg in the nursery hive. But the rest of the changelings, they were all... bad."

"And you weren't?" Spike asked.

"Correct." The changeling said. "I actually ran away from the hive, and I took on the guise of Flash Sentry, the newest member of the guard, a pony that doesn't actually exist, at least in this world. Since then I've lived in Canterlot, blending among the ponies."

"Really?" Spike asked, amazed by the creature's story. "Wow, that took a lot of guts."

"I know." The changeling said. "But I'm not one with guts. My brother actually has two of them."

"But wait... why were you hanging out with Twilight?" Spike asked with suspicion.

"Because... well...." The changeling said. "I swear, I wasn't spending time with her to leech love off of her. I don't like draining ponies of their love by force. I just let them give their love, or any affection to me and I accept it. Simple as that. At first, it was a way for me to survive, but the more and more I spent with her, I began to like her more and more." The changeling began to recall the day he first met Twilight. It was sometime during the Grand Galloping Gala, an annual event that celebrated the completion of Canterlot after Equestria was found. However, it's boring as horse-hay. It's usually attended by high-class ponies and lucky ponies would need a golden ticket to get inside or be invited, that is until Princess Celestia started allowing middle and low-class ponies to attend future ones after Twilight's friends made the previous one more livelier. It was also that night where Twilight bumped into the disguised Changeling, and they've been seeing each other ever since.

"Twilight is just amazing, you know." The changeling continued. "Her voice, her laugh, the way she would go on and on about any subject. She's just... she's brilliant, you know?" Spike stared at the changeling with astonishment. He could already tell from the blush marks on the changeling's face. He was never trying to leech off of Twilight at all. He's grown to like her.

"You really do like her." Spike said.

"Yeah... I do." He said. "But if she were to find out what I'm really am, then she would despise me. After all, my species have always been born... bad."

"Well, they did invade Canterlot." Spike said.

"Yes, they did." The changeling said. "I was actually present at the invasion, but I didn't want to be part of any of it. When it got all crazy, I quickly took shelter and waited out the invasion. The moment I saw Twilight and her friends fighting against my kind, I knew the Queen would be stopped. And she was. She and the rest of the hive were blasted away by Princess's niece and her husband-to-be. I wasn't blasted away because I was inside an abandoned house, like the one we're in right now."

"You must've been relieved." Spike said.

"I was." The changeling said. "After the invasion was finished, I quickly shifted back to my Flash Sentry persona to check on Twilight, but she looked pretty sad. The next day I heard that she went missing, and I wanted to go find her. But I had orders by the Captain to join him, Princess Cadance, and their new friends all the way here. I was really worried, but I was relieved that your spikey friend was able to find her."

"And you're worried that Twilight won't like you because you're different?" Spike asked.

"But that's just it." The Changeling explained. "Twilight's the student of Princess Celestia, and I'm just a love-sucking changeling. And if other ponies would know who I really am, then they would despise me. I dealt with that since coming to Equestria, where people would run away from me, and some would actually try and beat me up. It's hard to make a living when you're hated by ponies because of you're species." The baby dragon couldn't help but feel sorry for the changeling, but not only that, he understood him completely, feeling different from others.

"I know how you feel." Spike said. "Ever since I was hatched, I would be ridiculed by other ponies too, and Twilight would also get picked on for having me around. Some ponies still don't like dragons. Some hate them, and some fear them. Even Fluttershy can be scared by them. Growing up, I would sometimes be ridiculed by ponies, mostly the upper class ones and the snobby rich horses, all because I was different and not a pony. But overtime, ponies began to like me. In fact, the ponies in Ponyville actually adore me, even after I turned into a giant and went on a greedy rampage."

"Greedy rampage?" The changeling asked.

"Yeah, that's a long story." Spike said, not wanting to bring that story up. "But the point is, don't think that the whole world is against you because you're different or because what your species are capable of. You just need to show them the real you. If ponies know the real you, then they'll definitely like you."

"But what if they don't?" The changeling asked. "Not everyone will befriend a changeling like me."

"Well, not everyone's gonna like it, but that's their problem." Spike said. "But if the ponies were willing to give me a chance, then they'll give you a chance. And besides, seeing how you saved my life, I'd consider you a friend."

"Really?" The changeling asked.

"Definitely." Spike said. Hearing that made the changeling smile, and there was a tear dropping from his eye. He actually made a friend! He was very happy. So happy that he opened his mouth, and his hissed happily, much to Spike's surprise. Luckily, the changeling stopped himself.

"Sorry." He said. "I do that whenever I get excited." The baby dragon smiled.

"Oh, it's no biggie." Spike said.

"Biggie?" The Changeling asked.

"It means it's ok." Spike said. "You know, you're pretty cool for a Changeling. It's nice to know that not all Changelings are bad."

"Thanks." The Changeling said. "You're a pretty cool little dude yourself."

"Thanks... uhhh…." The baby dragon answered, but was unable to figure the changeling's name out.

"Oh right, my name is Thorax." The Changeling, Thorax said.

"Nice to meet you, Thorax." Spike said.

"Spike?" A voice called from the distance. The baby dragon's quills raised up as he heard Twilight's voice.

"It's Twilight!" Spike said.

"Oh No!" Thorax said. He then ignited his horn, and transformed back into his Flash Sentry persona, just mere seconds before Twilight came into the room.

"Spike, there you are." Twilight said. "I've been looking all over for you." She then turned her head to see Flash. "Flash, what are you doing here?"

"Oh... well... I... uh.." Flash said, but was unable to come up with a good excuse.

"I fell!" Spike said.

"Huh?" Twilight asked

"I went looking for you, and I almost fell into this hole." Spike said, pointing at the hole in the room. "But Flash saved my life. He's pretty cool, huh?" Twilight noticed the hole in the floor, and glanced back at Spike, who gave a big smile. That was odd. Spike isn't usually comfortable around Flash. Maybe he's finally starting to warm up to him.

"Oh, ok." Twilight said. "Just be careful next time, ok?"

"Ok." Spike said.

"Well, we better get back to the castle." Twilight said. "I have a great idea that will help us save the Crystal Empire." She then made her way out of the house. As she was gone, Flash... or Thorax actually, let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks." Flash / Thorax said.

"No problem." Spike said. "And don't worry, I won't tell Twilight about what you really are. But you're gonna have to tell her sooner or later, ok?"

"But... what if she doesn't like me anymore." Flash / Thorax asked.

"Trust me." Spike said. "She's not gonna hate you. And if anything, I'll stick up for you." Hearing that made the Pegasus / changeling smile, and the two went after Twilight towards the castle.


And so, everyone met up back at the castle, and Twilight spoke of the Crystal Heart and how it protects the Kingdom. And how to find it, she finally explained her plan.

"The Crystal Faire." Twilight said. "According to the book, it was established by their first queen and became the Crystal Empire's most important tradition. The Faire was held every year to renew the spirit of love and unity in the empire so they could protect it from home. So, if we put the Faire together, we can renew their spirits and they can lead us straight to the Crystal Heart."

"Unite the ponies and they'll lead us the way." Riku said.

"That sounds like an awesome plan!" Rainbow Dash said. "I'm lovin' it already!"

"That sounds very promising." Aqua said. Shining and Cadance looked at each other, and they they looked at the King.

"Sounds like a long shot." Mickey said. "But it may be the best chance we got. Let's give it a try!"

"And we can all pitch in." Terra said.

"It'll be like the festivities in Disney Town!" Ventus said. "But more crystal-like!"

"Then let's get started right away!" Sora said.

"Yeah!" Donald said as Goofy gave a nod.

"It's gonna be tough, though." Twilight said, looking into the book. "I've never seen a festival this big before."

"Don't worry, Twilight." Sora said. "If we work together, we can do it. We got this!" Hearing those words of encouragement made Twilight smile. Sora was right. They can do this if they work together. Together, they can save the Crystal Ponies with their history. Pretty soon, the music began to pick up.

Every pony needs our help

The magic will not last forever

I think we can do it

But we need to work together

We have to get this right

Yes, we have to make them see

We can save the Crystal Poinies with their history

Twilight turned the page within the book, which revealed a page of two ponies jousting, showing that the Empire loved to hold jousting tournaments back in the day.

It says that they like jousting

Finding the Crystal Guard's equipment, Rainbow Dash places on the armor, and gives a cool pose while

They flew a flag with many hues

Rarity begins to weave together a flag with her magic, while engraving a crystal snowflake surrounded by majestic lining, which was Crystal Empire's sigil, completing the banner.

Made sweets with crystal berries

Applejack and Pinkie Pie head out to gather crystal berries in the field to make delicious sweets for the Fairie. The farmpony tried one as she picked it from the berry bush, and it was delicious

They had a petting zoo with tine ewes.

A herd of ewes, which were colorful female sheep, followed Fluttershy as she guided them to the Crystal Empire. They were so cute with the hoping, she hopped along with them on her hind legs.

We have to get this right

Yes we have to make them see

We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

Taking the book, Pinkie Pie flipped the page and saw a picture of a pony playing the Flugelhorn, which is a brass instrument that resembles both a trumpet in length, but has a wider conical bore. They're usually pitched in B♭, but occasionally found in C. She then started to play it, though she more like blew into it, making a loud sound that made everyone cover their ears, but they couldn't help but laugh at Pinkie's silly playing.

There was a crystal flugelhorn

That everypony liked to play

And the Crystal Kingdom Anthem

Can you learn it in a day?

Pretty soon, everyone started to pitch in and get the Fairie set up. Twilight began to oversee the preparations just as Rainbow Dash, Riku and Ventus set up the decorations, Donald and Goofy helping Pinkie Pie play the flugelhorn correctly, as Applejack, Terra, and Leon set up the tents, Rarity and Aqua completed the banners. Fluttershy and Aerith came back with the ewes, though one was following a confused Red XII as Cloud had to carry another one, and Barret shot the confetti in the air with his cannon. Yuffie tied up the decorations on the poles, while Cid bolted them properly up. Seeing everyone working together to make this possible brought a smile to Mickey's face, even to Sora and Twilight. Together, they combined their magic and shot a light into the sky, and it burst into beautiful sparks, blessing the whole area with sparkles and glittering.

Oh we have to get this right

Yes we have to make them see

We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history!

Pretty soon, everything was set up, and the Faire was finished. There were colorful tents up, and the decorations were perfect, and with the new sparkles, it made it look even crystal-like. It was all perfect. Everyone looked in awe at their completed work.

"It looks amazing!" Twilight said. "Absolutely perfect."

"Well, we couldn't have had got it all set up without ya, Twi." Applejack said.

"Wrong." Twilight said. "All of this couldn't be possible without all of you. You guys really put your heart into it." Then suddenly...

-FFFMMMMMPH!-

A loud horn-like sound started the group. Everyone turned to see only Pinkie Pie, who was holding and blowing into the Flugelhorn.

"Flugelhorn!" Pinkie Pie said as she blew once again to make it sound. Everyone couldn't help but laugh at Pinkie Pie's silly shenanigan.


Now that the Faire has been set up, it was now time to plan for what to do next. First, they'll need a scout team to find the Crystal Heart, while the rest has to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied and their spirits lifted so the scouting team can find the Crystal Heart.

"Alright, everything's set." Sora said. "Riku, you and everyone else hold up the festivities, and keep the Crystal Ponies occupied. Me, Donald, and Goofy will look for the Crystal Heart."

"You sure you can find it?" Mickey asked. "The castle's quite big."

"Don't worry." Sora said. "We'll take care of it."

"And we'll make sure Sora won't wander off." Donald said.

"And make sure you don't break anything, Donald." Goofy said.

"Right... HEY!" Donald said as Goofy and Sora chuckled.

"Alright, Sora." Riku said. "We're counting on you."

"We'll do what we can to keep the Crystal Faire running." Leon said. "Hopefully the rest will behave while doing so." He looks right at Yuffie, Cid, Barret.

"I'll behave if she behaves." Barret said, pointing at Yuffie.

"And I'll behave if you behave." Yuffie said.

"Yeah, right." Cid said with a grin, only to be met with a stern look from Aerith and Tifa, and of course Stitch, who was also looking with a stern looking, making the pilot nervous. Cloud only looked away, but he couldn't shake off the quick grin.

"Alright then." Sora said.

"I'll go with you too." Twilight said as she approached Sora. "No doubt Sombra placed plenty of traps around, so you'll need somepony who knows magic."

"Ok." Sora said.

"We'll all go too!" Rainbow Dash said. "We're not gonna leave our friend hanging!"

"Yeah!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Sorry girls, but it's best that you all don't tag along." Twilight said, which surprised the rest of the Mane Six.

"What?" They all asked.

"Sorry girls, but if anything were to happen to all of you, I would never forgive myself." Twilight said.

"But, we wanna help." Pinkie Pie said.

"That's right, we all wanna help Twi." Applejack said.

"But girls, you are helping me." Twilight said. "I have a much more important task for all of you."

"More important than making sure you don't get killed?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A little too much, but yes." Twilight said. "The Crystal Ponies need to have their spirits lifted up, and doing so may help us find the Crystal Heart. I need you all to help Sora's friends keep the Crystal Faire running. And knowing how well you all can put on a Summer Sun Celebration, I can't think of any other ponies better for the job!" Hearing that was uplifting for all five of the ponies. She trusts them enough to run the Crystal Fairie.

"Alright, we'll do our best, Twi." Applejack said.

"But if things get bad, we'll rush in here and help you out." Rainbow Dash said, which took Twilight off guard. But she gave a smile.

"Thanks girls." Twilight said.

"But what about me?" Spike asked. "Can I help you? After all, you might need your number one assistant!" Seeing him give a salute made the lavender unicorn giggle.

"Of course, Spike." Twilight said.

"Yes!" Spike said.

"No doubt Sombra's got traps all over the castle, so I'm tagging along too." Shining said, which didn't make Twilight happy.

"No." Twilight said, which surprised the stallion.

"But Twily, what if something bad happens-" Shining said.

"I'm not a little filly anymore, Shining." Twilight said as she turned away. "I can take care of myself. Besides, you need to be there for Cadance, since she's the only one you would care to look after." Hearing that made Shining feel hurt. She is still angry with him.

"Actually, Twilight, perhaps Shining should go with you." Cadance said as she stepped forward. "You'll need an extra pony just in case Sombra's magic is too hard for you to handle."

"I already have an extra pony who will tag along, and that's Flash." Twilight said.

"Me?" Flash asked.

"Yes, Flash." Twilight said.

"But Twilight, he's only a Pegasus, not a unicorn." Cadance said.

"True, but he's a good flyer, and a better protector too." Twilight said. Cadance only sighed.

"Twilight, I know that you're still angry with Shining, but you should really let him come along." Cadance said. "He was able to get us safely to the Crystal Empire."

"I thought you were on my side." Twilight said.

"I am." Cadance said. "But you can't hold a grudge forever. Can you at least let Shining help you? For me?"

"Please, Twily?" Shining asked. Twilight only let out a frustrated sigh and looked away. But as she did, she saw Sora talking with Riku and the others. Seeing him reminded her of their conversation yesterday, seeing the memory stone of how Shining did go to talk to her after their previous argument at the rehearsal. Her eyes widened a bit, remember that. That's right. She told Sora that she would try to patch things up with her brother. She can't be too hard on her brother. After all, she was in the wrong acting like a jealous little sister. She still feels the sting from his words, but he was going to apologize to her. She needs to put that behind her. She let out another sigh.

"Ok, you can come along, Shining." Twilight said. "And if everything goes right, I may accept your apology." Hearing that made Shining give a hopeful smile.

"And can Flash still come too?" Spike asked.

"Of course he can." Twilight said. Hearing that made the disguised pony smile.

"Yes!" Spike said with a cheer.

"Alright, everyone." Mickey said. "Let's do this!"

"Right!" Everyone agreed. Quickly, Riku, the King, the Wayfinder Trio, Cadance, the rest of the Mane Six and the Restoration Committee headed out the castle to begin the Fairie, while the rest stayed behind. Twilight, followed by Spike, Flash, and Shining went on down the hallway to begin searching for the Crystal Heart.

"Well, let's get started." Goofy said.

"You betcha!" Donald said as the two followed after Twilight and the gang. Before following suit, Sora glanced up at the ceiling, taking a moment in his thoughts. This was their one chance to stop Sombra and save the Empire. But he couldn't help but wonder about Maleficent, Pete, Neighsay and that mysterious cloaked man. He could understand the witch wanting to take over Equestria, but why is the hooded man involved in all this? What really is his motive?

Well, he'll have to think about it another time. Right now he had to focus on what he has to do now, and that is to protect the Crystal Empire from Sombra. He placed his hand on his chest, remembering to follow his heart and do what's right.

"May our hearts be our guiding key." Sora said to himself. And then he took off with the others, while the rest of the group took care of the Crystal Faire. They were gonna need to find the Crystal Heart fast, otherwise Sombra will succeed again.


Out back in the snowy wasteland, far from the Crystal Empire, Pete was only standing there while the witch kept watch. The sneaky lackey was starting to get chilly. Well, he was definitely chilly given how cold it is up in the North. And he was starting to lose his patience.

"It's getting cold here." Pete said.

"Of course it's cold, you fool." Maleficent said, referring to the snow around them. Suddenly, a magical portal appeared, and coming out of it was Chancellor Neighsay, who let out a sigh.

"Where have you been?" Pete asked.

"I went to check on everything in Canterlot." Neighsay said. "The princesses seem to have been informed about our true intentions, so I told the rest of the Movement to lay low for the time being. It's hard to spy when the whole city is against you..." He then looked around, seeing that D has not come back yet.

"Where is he?" He asked.

"He's been gone for a while now." Maleficent said.

"Has he?" Neighsay asked. "Well, I'm starting to think that the changelings probably didn't take his offer."

"Oh, I can't take this anymore!" Pete said, finally throwing a fit. "We've been waiting out here for a long time, and Mr. Dark and Clad didn't show up! I bet he probably bailed." The witch only rolled her eyes. She always found Pete quite annoying. However as she turned her head, a smile formed on her face.

"Don't give up just yet." Maleficent said. Pete glanced at her for a moment, but then saw a dark corridor taking shape, and then, the mysterious hooded man emerged from it.

"Honey, I'm home!" D said jokingly.

"It's about time!" Pete said. "You're late!"

"Better late than never, would you say?" D asked as he stepped forward.

"Well, you've taken your sweet time." Maleficent said. "And where are the others?"

"Never fear, my dear witchy friend." D said as he gave a bow. "Because now we have everything we need to take over Canterlot." He then summoned another dark corridor.

"Presenting... the Legion of Doom!" He said, as he stepped aside. "First up, the Washouts!" Then the first ones to emerge from the corridors was Lightning Dust and her team The Washouts, all of them in black suits with lightning linings on them.

"Far from the Dragon Outlands, Garble, Fume, and Clumpy!" D then spoke, while the three dragons, Garble, Clump, and Fume came from the portal, all of them snorting steam from their noises.

"Next up, we have the Diamond Dogs!" D continued. Then, coming out behind them were the three Diamond Dogs; Rover, Fido, and Spot, all of them giving sinister and creepy chuckles.

"The Flim Flame Brothers!" D said, as Flim, and Flam, came out of the corridor, all of them tipping their hats to the witch and Pete.

"The big man himself, Iron Will!" D spoke, with Iron Will coming out of the corridor, showing his flexes and his muscles.

"The Keeper of Equality... Starlight Glimmer!" D said, with a unicorn coming out, wearing a purple cloak. Unhooding herself, she revealed her face, but on her right side, there was a metal mask, almost like the Phantom from the Phantom of the Opera.

"Wow." Pete said. "This is actually pretty neat!"

"But that's not all." D said. "And now, allow me to introduce... the Ruler of the Changeling Hive, Queen Chrysalis!" Then, making her way out of the corridor, Chrysalis, and her two Changeling Commanders, Shell and Locus appeared. Seeing the Chancellor, she gave a smile, while he nervously waved.

"So... these are your Band of Misfits." Maleficent said. "I have to say, this is quite impressive."

"Thank you." D said with a nod, and the witch glanced back at the Changeling Queen.

"Well, so this is the Changeling Queen I've heard about." Maleficent said.

"The one and only." Chrysalis spoke. "And you must be the witch from the outer world. The hooded creep says that you're in need of our services."

"Correct, and we'll be glad to let you have whatever ponies are left to feast on, so long as you don't cross us." Maleficent said.

"Maybe." Chrysalis said. "But an outsider seeking our help? How come?"

"We share a common enemy, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Maleficent said. "I seek to rule Equestria, you seek to suck the love out of these puny creatures, so why not kill two birds with one stone?" Chrysalis gave a grin.

"Good point." Chrysalis said.

"And what about us?" Garble asked, getting their attention. "We want to rip some ponies apart, especially that little purple dragon!"

"Yeah!" Fume and Clump said.

"Iron Will wants his charisma back!" Iron Will shouted out.

"We want our business too!" Flim said.

"And scam some ponies!" Flam said.

"We want gems!" Rover, Fido, and Spot shouted.

"Fear not everyone." D said as he approached them. "You all will get what you want, as promised. But we must also learn to share as well, and work together. Only then can we conquer this land, and everything you want will be yours." Remembering the promise he made them, the rest of the villains gave a nod in agreement.

"Deal!" Flim and Flam said together.

"Iron Will approves." Iron Will said.

"Fine by me." Chrysalis said. "But just so we're clear, Twilight Sparkle is mine."

"No." The changeling queen turned to see Starlight Glimmer, who was still wearing the metal mask. She remembered perfectly clear how Twilight, who was Mare Do Well at the time, blasted her off the cliff near the mountains, and burnt half her face.

"If anyone's gonna take down Twilight Sparkle, it's me." Starlight said. "I'm the one who will make her pay." Hearing that made the Changeling Queen growl.

"Wrong." Chrysalis said. "Twilight's mine to feast off of."

"And I want to destroy her!" Starlight said.

"Oh, don't worry, you two." D said as he petted both their heads. "You both can destroy Twilight Sparkle together. Work as a team, and you'll both have your vengeance." Starlight and Chrysalis looked at each other, but then looked away. However, D had a good point. If they are to destroy Twilight Sparkle and drain her of her magic, they had to work together. So the unicorn and the Changeling Queen shook hooves, which is actually surprising for anyone to see.

"Then it's settled." Maleficent said. "Let us prepare for the Revolution."

"Oh yes, this is going to be good." Pete said as he began to clap his hands with excitement. The rest of the Legion of Doom also gave nods and cheers of approval, while Chancellor Neighsay was starting to like the idea.

"Perhaps this will work in my favor after all." He said, giving a mischievous smile.


Meanwhile... Back at Merlin's House

"Hmmmmm...." The old wizard was reading his book while the cauldron was cooking and simmering whatever was inside it. With everyone else out of his house, he decided to take the opportunity to create more potions. This time he was trying something different. A potion that would allow the drinker to become someone else for a limited time.

"A little bit of bark from the Apple Tree." Merlin said as he dropped a piece of bark into the cauldron.

"A drop of candle wax." He continued, adding the candlewax too.

"And lastly, a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down." He finished, dropping a spoonful of sugar, in the most delightful way.

"Excellent." Merlin said. "Now for the big finish!" He then picked up his wand and ignited his magic, and the brew in the cauldron began to glow with sparkles.

"Now... for the final words." Merlin said, waving his wand. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" He then pointed his wand forward and then a spark was made.

-BOOM!-

The cauldron blew up, causing smoke to burst out of the windows and make the old wizard fall on his behind from the sudden force it made. He shook his head, and soot covered his entire face. Except for his eyes, which were protected by his glasses. He removed his lenses and coughed from the smoke inside, using his wand to clear it all out.

"Well, that wasn't suppose to happen." He said. "I could've sworn I said it right." He then looked down and saw the wax stick that he took a piece from, and picked it up. He licked it with his tongue, and he realized what was wrong. He used the wrong type of wax.

"Oh, this is earwax, not candlewax." Merlin said, shaking his head. "I think I must've left the candlewax in the closet. Well, better get it and try again." He got up and made his way to the closet. He then opened the door, and suddenly, he looked down at who was inside. Wait... Who?! He yelped.

"Oh My Goodness!" Merlin shouted, seeing someone inside the closet. The man inside was tied up, and naked. Well, at least he was wearing boxers. But what was interesting was that the man had green eyes and dirty-blond hair, which had a distinctive style, like an odd mullet-like style, with several individual bangs that fell over his face! Wait a second. It was Demyx! What was he doing tied up in Merlin's closet, and where are his clothes?! As the poor Melodious Nocturne began to grunt and try to break free, Merlin stood there quite surprised.

"Well... this just got weird." He said.

Author's Note:

Well, another chapter done! I was telling myself to get this out before the end of August, and it's the last day of August now. Well, better late than ever, as D stated.

So yes, Flash Sentry is actually Thorax. I have said that I was going to add elements from future seasons into this story, and Thorax is one of them.

Now, Sora, Twilight, Donald, Goofy, Shining Armor, Spike, and Flash Sentry / Thorax will be searching for the Crystal Heart, while everyone else prepare the Crystal Fairie and keep the ponies spirits up, and hopefully that will lead them to the Heart!

And now, our mysterious villain has assembled his rag team of villains, and they will be planning the next step to their grand scheme.

And there's that scene with Merlin finding Demyx in his closet... Betcha didn't see that coming, did ya!
How the heck did he end up in there? And where's his coat? Hmmmm....

Well, anyway, updates are still gonna be slow for the time being. I'm gonna update this whenever I can, but the goal is to get this ACT done before Winter. Now, I must sleep.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....:ajsleepy:😴