• Published 28th Jan 2019
  • 387 Views, 15 Comments

The tragedy of Sacanas - Leondude



A prequel to a fanfic I wrote called "A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!", it follows the exploits of the individual that made the Staff of Sacanas and his inevitable downfall.

  • ...
5
 15
 387

Chapter 2 - An Insidious Meeting

It was daytime and Sacanas sent his trustworthy dragon companion Snuff to collect a crystal from the Crystal Empire. While he could have easily picked any crystal from the Crystal Empire since it's....well....the Crystal Empire, this crystal was special for it have been carved specifically to hold in as much magic as possible. Even the magic of four princesses. And why four princesses, you might ask? Just in case someone like Tirek absorbs all the magic from every other pony and the only way to beat that person, or at least call it a draw, is to have the strength of four princesses. And since there is now only one princess thanks to Celestia banishing her sister to the moon, he will need at least three princesses (or just two if Nightmare Moon actually returns).

Hours passed as Sacanas grew frustrated by his companion's tardiness. Snuff is usually known for being punctual, or at least teleporting stuff to him via dragonfire. And so Sacanas put on his night robes (especially since it came with a hood) and headed off to the Crystal Empire. From there, he pulled out a map.

"Where did I mark that blasted shopkeeper?" he said as he tried to look for a mark. He then plodded along until he found the scorched remains of a small crystal market. In spite of that scene of destruction, Sacanas can't help but chortle. Perhaps it wasn't a wise idea to give him ghost peppers hoofpicked from the Everfree Forest. Since there was no sign of Snuff anywhere, Sacanas did the sensible thing and placed his hooves on what's left of the market. Being under Celestia's tutelage has helped him control his magic to do extremely impressive feats such as psychometry. And that's when he realized Snuff wasn't responsible for the destruction facing him, but a bigger, more menacing looking dragon. He teleported to where he assumed the dragon flew off and as he trotted foreward, he heard crunching noises. And when he finshed walking, he was face-to-face with the dragon he saw in his vision, enjoying a nicely cooked bit of meat. The dragon lowered his meat and smirked at Sacanas.

"I take it you're after your pet"

Author's Note:

As you can see, I'm more of a dialogue person than a describing person (if that makes sense) as evidenced by the fact that this chapter is shorter than the previous one.

Anyways, if you read A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!, then you would know that Sanies, the primary antagonist of that story, mentioned being the apprentice to Sacanas. And, as I said in the description, this story is partially inspired by the Darth Plagueis novel so don't be surprised if this is just as much of the apprentice's story as it is the titular master's story.

RECENT EDIT BECAUSE ANGRY MARINE DIED AND GOT REPLACED WITH DESK MARINE AND I THOUGHT I MIGHT ADD THIS TIDBIT OF INFORMATION BEFORE I FORGET BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY LAZY SWINES:

And for those that are too lazy to read the comments, why yes, there is a plot hole and yes I did fill it in with this little tidbit:

Once upon a time, Sacanas traveled to where The Crystal Empire used to be. The reason why is because, like me right now, he did not do his research (then again there weren't any books on the empire and he simply found out by playing with a crystal in Celestia's absence. All he knew was that it had crystals, and that crystals are good for magic). So he tried out a spell that will allow him to communicate with Sombra (don't ask, just bare with me) and Sombra let him in because, like Sacanas, Sombra also used to be an outcast who later gleefully embraced the role as the villain (don't believe me, read the comics) and also he wanted to see what Sacanas would do. And with that, Sacanas introduced his companion Snuff and told Sombra that Snuff was an ally of his and should be allowed passage into the Empire. And where does Sanies feature in all of this? He was there and he tried to persuade Sombra to let him in by lying to him about also being an ally of Sacanas. Sombra saw through the deception but he noticed that Sanies' heart was just as black (if not more so) as his and also let him in, which now leads to the plot of this chapter. If you don't like the explanation, feel free to tell me where I went wrong or if I just created another plot hole.