• Published 28th Jan 2019
  • 383 Views, 15 Comments

The tragedy of Sacanas - Leondude



A prequel to a fanfic I wrote called "A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!", it follows the exploits of the individual that made the Staff of Sacanas and his inevitable downfall.

  • ...
5
 15
 383

Chapter 10 - Practice makes perfect

In his cave, which is still covered in the dust and shattered remains of his father Serpentine, Sanies got out all the things he will need in order to prepare for all the magical spells Sacanas will test him on (especially mind magic and petrification).

"Let's see, a variety of gemstones? Check. Scrolls and spellbooks? Check. Test subjects? Hmmm, I think I will need to scour around the land for those"

Sanies then grabbed a rock bigger than his hand but not too big to the point that he can't hold it with one hand.

"If that don't work, I can always travel to Canterlot, knock out some poor sap who happened to be selling sleeping elixirs, steal the elixirs and seduce some dragon ladies over a nice cup of lava. Now the better question is where do dragon ladies hang out?"

Due to having an antisocial personality, Sanies was never really interested where other people tend to hang out. When they talk to him, he pretends he's listening, smiling, nodding and the occasional laugh along the way, when in actuality he could not care less about what other dragons were in to. As far as he was concerned, they were nothing more than brutes (not that he's one to talk in that regard). But luckily for him, his father knew a dragon that specializes with the ladies: Sleaze!

"Hey Sanies! Wazzup buddy? Where haza ya fatha been? He hazen returned ma mail yet!"

"Hello Uncle Sleaze, I have no idea where my father went to. He said he was going to do some practice for the Gauntlet of Fire but I haven't seen him since"

"I know-a ya fatha, heza competitive! How do you think he gotta ya mutha?"

"I honestly don't want to know"

"So, whata'yadoin'ere?"

"You make it sound like a dragon of my age can't find a date"

"A date? Well why didnt ya say so?! Com'in'ere!"

Entering the club was easier than Sanies thought, now all he needed to do is seduce a dragon, spike her drink, and choose a spell to practice on her. Simple, right?

Day 1: Subject's hands and feet were the only parts petrified.

Day 2: Lasted ten seconds in subject's head before being forced out.

Day 3: Only absorbed a portion of subject's magic (didn't even know other dragons can do magic).

Day 4: Subject's entire lower half was petrified before falling down and shattering.

Day 5: Lasted sixty seconds before subject was left a catatonic wreck.

Day 6: Got a larger portion of dragon magic.

Day 7: Finally, some improvement. Subject fully petrified before "accidentally" getting smashed to pieces.

Three weeks later and Sacanas teleported out of nowhere, with Sanies just looking at Sacanas.

"You know, most people just walk or fly in"

"1. I know how impatient you tend to be. 2. Do I look like I have wings to you?"

"You could always grow a pair, hehehe"

"Sanies, if unicorns could magically spawn wings, we will all be alicorns by now! But enough talk, IT'S TEST TIME!"

Sacanas then produced out of thin air an unconscious pony. According to Sacanas, it was a unicorn that picked on him in Magic Kindergarten and he wanted revenge. He then gave Sanies a list of spells to perform in the order he will have to perform if he wanted to pass the test: Telepathy, then Possession, Magic Absorption until finally Petrification. And when it comes to the telepathy, Sacanas will be reading the pony's mind as well in order to check to see if Sanies really is reading the pony's mind.

Author's Note:

"Sanies, if unicorns could magically spawn wings, we will all be alicorns by now! But enough talk, IT'S TEST TIME!"

That quote right there, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should quit making bad alicorn OCs unless they represent something (and no, bad OCs representing bad OCs do not count). Also, if you're wondering about Sleaze's accent, I was trying to make it sound like either an Italian-American or Watto from The Phantom Menace (another prequel reference, I know) or a mix of the two.