• Published 28th Jan 2019
  • 387 Views, 15 Comments

The tragedy of Sacanas - Leondude



A prequel to a fanfic I wrote called "A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!", it follows the exploits of the individual that made the Staff of Sacanas and his inevitable downfall.

  • ...
5
 15
 387

Chapter 5 - It's Time

Sacanas teleported to the Royal Library in Canterlot in order to get some books about Mind Magic and other Tartarian spells. Problem is it's usually heavily guarded and, while Celestia trusts Sacanas, the guards do not. If he were to avoid being tackled like what happened last time, he will have to think on his hooves. Good thing he has been reading up on the various time spells Star-Swirl the Bearded has written.

"Hmmm, I wonder which one would be the most appropriate for this situation? Eeny meeny miney..."

But before he could finish his sentence, a magical hamster-ball looking portal sucked him up, something that the guards definitely noticed.

"Did I just see Sacanas get sucked up in a giant magical hamster-ball?!" asked one of the guards in shock.

"Welcome to Canterlot, kid" said another, more older guard in a tone that implies that magical mishaps like this occurs often.

At daytime, yesterday and five hours ago I might add, a hamster-ball spat out Sacanas, with Sacanas disorientingly declaring
"Sultanas! Perverting the course of pony history!" before shaking his head and cleaning himself up a bit.

"Hoho! I knew 'Moe' was a good choice!"

Since there were no guards to be found since they were all on lunch break, he casually walked into the Royal Library trying to find any books written by Grogar of Tambelon (and maybe a few books and scrolls written by Sendak the Elder while he's at it).

"Let's see, where the Tartarus are the spells involving Mind Magic and Petrification. Mind Magic being the important one while Petrification is merely for beginners".

Meanwhile, Sanies was just sitting by the statue of his father, bored out of his gourd (although still finding amusement in that that old fool actually believed Sacanas was going to give him immortality). While waiting, he just realized what would happen if someone found out about Serpentine's predicament and freed him. It would even worse if he decided to squeal on Sanies and Sacanas. He looked at his father's statue and smiled at it, having some choice words to his father before taking care of him:

"Give mother my regards"

He then grabbed Serpentine by the head and violently smashed it into the wall, laughing as he does so. And then he picked up the rest of his father's body and threw it to the floor. By the time Sacanas made it back, Sanies was covered in rubble, panting with an animalistic grin on his face. Sacanas just stared at Sanies in shock before clearing his throat.

"Oh, you're back"

"I leave for a few minutes and you waste a perfectly good statue?!"

"I was bored and if anyone were to free him, he would tell them exactly what happened"

"I suppose you have a point there. Now, enough dilly-dallying, let's get to work"

Author's Note:

Don't deny that the time spell I'm describing looks like a hamster ball: