• Published 28th Jan 2019
  • 390 Views, 15 Comments

The tragedy of Sacanas - Leondude



A prequel to a fanfic I wrote called "A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!", it follows the exploits of the individual that made the Staff of Sacanas and his inevitable downfall.

  • ...
5
 15
 390

Chapter 9 - Life is Tragic

A few flashes of bright lights. Weird shapes that move and make noises. Then a loud piercing noise. A scream. What could it be to cause such a noise? What is happening?

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the sound of a baby colt crying.

"Yeah, I might have traveled a bit too far into your past, let's fast forward a bit" Sanies said in the same dry but weirdly menacing tone he always has.

It was just another day at Magic Kindergarten, but that still didn't make Sacanas any happier. Every day he gets picked on by foals and fillies in his classroom for his extra horns and the fact that his mother was a centaur (despite the fact that he was adopted). And in spite of having two horns extra than everypony else, he was absolutely terrible at magic. But one day, when he was old enough to apply for Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, he finally had the chance to show everypony that laughed and mocked him that he will become the greatest unicorn Equestria has ever seen! And in that time, his adopted mother taught him how centaurs channel their magic and used that knowledge to help Sacanas combine that way of using magic with the way unicorns use magic. And with practice, he eventually managed to do even better at performing spells than even unicorns of the highest level. There was just one problem: When it came to the entrance exam, Sacanas panicked. He was focusing so hard on the dragon egg in front of him, he started getting worried. What if he wasn't strong enough to hatch the egg? What if the egg gets flown across the room and smashed into a yokey mess? What if he loses control and everything becomes a mess? That last one being the straw that broke the camel's back as he had a magical fit that caused all sorts of catastrophe. But luckily Celestia was there to calm him down, but not before a stray blast of magic hit his dear old mother.

Meanwhile, in the present, tears were streaming down Sacanas' face as he was forced to relive those times as his apprentice looked on with glee.

"Oh brilliant!" Sanies said with sadistic joy "I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you thought you could prove those bullies wrong or the fact that in doing so, you were responsible for your guardian's de..."

But before Sanies could finish his sentence, he was telekinetically pinned to a wall by Sacanas, who eventually pointed a spear near Sanies' neck. Sanies can only cough before letting out something to cool his enraged master off.

"Okay, since I had a very good life, I kind of deserve that. But don't you think we should talk about this before you cause diplomatic problems in your anger? While a war with the Dragon Lands and the rest of Equestria would be nice, I doubt any of us would benefit from it"

Sacanas then let go of Sanies and the spear. But of course, Sacanas wasn't going to let his apprentice off that easily.

"While I know you were trying to defend yourself, but if you ever delve into my past like that again, I will not hesitate next time"

"Sacanas, I didn't mean to look at your most painful memories (which happened to be half of your memories). I was just doing some 'magical teething' for lack of better words. Plus, as you said, it was self-defense"

Sacanas then pointed Sanies to the door.

"Leave! I've got planning to do. And make sure you practice everything I taught you three times a day". He then handed Sanies some books filled with spells used by Sendak the Elder "And read of things that have I not had time to teach you yet! And I will be checking because I will be testing you once a month".

"Trust me Sacanas, I'll study"

"You promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye"

Author's Note:

Ooh, now that is tragic! With all that happening, is it any wonder Sacanas is a bit messed up in the head. And the weird thing is, in spite of all that bad stuff happening to him, he's so chipper about it! I mean, it's not like no-one can be happy in spite of their sadness but since Sacanas is a villain, you'd think he'd act all edgy and use his pain as a justification. Then again, that's the point. Even though his past hurts him whenever it's brought up, he never really uses it to justify why he's so evil (even though it may have contributed to life choices).

Then again, maybe he's too insane to be edgy. :twilightsmile: