• Published 26th Dec 2018
  • 644 Views, 297 Comments

Jimmy Hook Celebrates... - Discord The Narrator



Jimmy Hook goes to Ponyville for celebrating different holidays there.

  • ...
14
 297
 644

Crystal Faire

The Friendship Express made its way across Equestria, finally arriving to its destination: the train station at the Crystal Empire. After stopping, some ponies and other creatures got outside, including Jimmy and Silverstream.

"It's good to visit this place when they're organizing the Crystal Faire. It's such a nice celebration," Jimmy said as they walked.

"It sure is!" Silverstream replied, and then she changed the topic, "I still can't believe you ran at the Sisterhooves Social race wearing your armor! Didn't it feel heavy?"

"Not at all! In fact, Rarity told me she would probably try and make a dress which could fit with my armor. Maybe she makes it for the Grand Galloping Gala!" Jimmy answered.

"It could be a nice thing to see. I'm sure Rarity will make a brilliant dress for you!" Silverstream said, making Jimmy blush.

"Thank you, Silverstream! Anyways, let's see what happens this year at the Crystal Faire!"

Upon arriving, Silverstream looked at the Crystal Palace with a marveled expression.

"It's exactly as my parents told me! Completely made of crystals!" she exclaimed.

"And it also has stairs!" Jimmy added, laughing as Silverstream stared at her, mouth-agape.


Inside the great palace, Jimmy and Silverstream entered the Throne Room. There, they found Princess Cadence talking with one of the Royal Guards. Just after they entered, Cadence spotted them.

"Oh, you must be Jimmy! Come here," she said, signaling the Bat Pony to approach, whom bowed as the Princess of Love descended from her throne, "Twilight told me about you, and she said good things."

Jimmy giggled, "If I was an enemy, she would probably not do that."

Cadence laughed before noticing one thing, "Your armor looks so different compared to the one from my guards! Also, what's that coming out of your helmet?"

"This? Oh, it's my mane! My Lunar Armor was designed with a few changes, so Princess Luna could recognize me easily. Besides, I never get it off. Don't ask why, but I just hate to be separated from my armor." Jimmy explained.

"She told me that Pinkie Pie removed her helmet one time. Sugarcube Corner almost got destroyed," Silverstream said as Cadence stared nervously at a blushing Jimmy.

"Yeah... Not exactly beautiful..." the Bat Pony added.

After a few seconds, Cadence shook her head, "Well, I'll make sure to remember those traits of you, Jimmy. Thanks for telling me."

Jimmy nodded with a smile, "I also wanted to ask: how's the Crystal Faire going?"

"Oh, the tents and booths are almost ready, including the jousting match. If you two want to participate, you're welcome to do it," Cadence answered.

"That would be great, Your Highness! I'm sure we'll have fun!" Silverstream said as she and Jimmy bowed.

"We may talk again later, Princess Cadence. Enjoy the day!" Jimmy said, and she went with Silverstream outside of the palace, as the Princess of Love smiled.


They were walking between the booths at the faire when Jimmy felt her stomach trembling.

"Huh... Wanna eat something?" she asked.

"Well, I'm not exactly hungry right now, but I guess we could get a snack," Silverstream said.

"That sounds nice. What would you like?" Jimmy asked, and Silverstream looked at the different snack booths until she spotted one.

"Oh! What about berry pies?"

"Great! Let's try them!" Jimmy replied, and they went to the berry pies stand.

Waiting for a little time, one mare finally faced them, "Oh, hello there! Would you two like a taste of my berry pies?"

"Sure! One pie for each of us, please!" Jimmy said.

As soon as the mare gave them the pies, Jimmy and Silverstream started eating. The Bat Pony was enjoying the flavour, "Hmmm... It's delicious!"

But the Hippogriff, after getting a good taste of her pie, opened her beak and got the piece out with a disgusted expression.

"Uuuuh... It tastes awful!" she said.

Before the mare could say anything, Jimmy spoke, "Really? Let me try it," and she got the piece of pie inside her mouth, spitting it out in a matter of seconds.

"I don't understand what the problem is. What happens with that pie?" the mare asked.

Jimmy inspected the piece she spitted out, finally discovering the issue, "Well, I'm not an expert on cooking, but I don't think berry pies include dirt within its ingredients."

Jimmy showed that piece to the mare, who looked surprised, "It's strange... I made all of these pies the same way! I don't know how some dirt ended up in that one!"

"Maybe it was an accident?" Silverstream asked.

"Or maybe somepony tainted it," Jimmy added.

The mare gasped, "Whoever could be so cruel!?"

"No idea, but they probably are here. Anyways, we'll be around. If you see anything suspicious, call a guard," Jimmy warned the mare, earning a nervous nod from her, "Oh, and thanks for the pie! You sure have talent with cooking!"

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" the mare said as Jimmy and Silverstream walked away.


After some time, in which Silverstream got a funnel cake for herself so she could eat something better, and also in which she and Jimmy played a game of ring-tossing, they visited the place where the jousting match was being held.

"It's so cool to see ponies fighting like knights!" Jimmy said, feeling happy.

"Indeed it is! It's like the knights from some books I have read!" Silverstream replied, "Should we try and fight somepony?"

"That... would be... awesome! Well, let's get inside!" Jimmy said, and they went to check themselves for the tournament.

Silverstream tried an armor that was given to her, holding the spear with her left paw, before looking at Jimmy.

"Oh, come on! You already have your own armor!" she said.

Jimmy chuckled, "I still need a spear if I want to participate! Also, that armor looks great on you."

The Hippogriff blushed and, as her name was mentioned through the megaphones, she got ready, "My turn! Wish me luck, Jimmy!"

And she walked away as Jimmy stared at her with a smile, which soon evolved to surprise as Silverstream came back.

"I didn't think Pinkie would win!" Jimmy exclaimed.

"Me neither! She's so good at jousting! But it's cool to see another creature's abilities!" Silverstream said, making Jimmy giggle.

Then, Jimmy's name was mentioned, and she got her spear, "Wish me luck, Silver!"

And she arrived at her place at the jousting match, looking at the ponies who were cheering for the event. As she focused her eyes on the other extreme of the arena, she felt shocked.

"Do I really have to fight against YOU!?" she exclaimed as her opponent chuckled.

"You don't get in a joustin' match everyday, Jim!" Applejack replied.

"Well, whoever it is, it will be an honor to confront you, Knight Applejack," Jimmy smiled as she bowed playfully. AJ liked it, so she returned the gesture.

When the horn was heard, everypony cheered loudly as Jimmy and Applejack charged towards each other. It was a matter of seconds before they collided...

But that moment never came...

In fact, the jousting was interrupted when the two "knights" heard something cracking. They looked just in time to see part of the spectator stands breaking, causing Derpy to fall down. As everypony stood quiet, the Pegasus' voice was finally heard.

"I'm ok!"

And they gasped in relief. No more joustings were made after that incident.


Although the Crystal Faire was coming to an end, Jimmy and Silverstream did have such a good time, despite the mysterious events that occurred. And now, Jimmy was feeling a bit tense about something.

"Uh... Silverstream? Can I tell you one thing?" she asked.

"Of course! Whatever you want to! What is it?" the Hippogriff stood there, waiting for whatever Jimmy would say.

After shaking her head, the Bat Pony spoke, "You know, it's been some time since we hang out together, and we have done a lot of things. So... after thinking about it... I wanted to ask you... uuum..."

"Yes?"

Blushing a lot, Jimmy finished the sentence, "Would you... Would you like to be... my girlfriend?"

That question made Silverstream gasp as she also blushed. Jimmy stood there, thinking if that was even a good idea, until Silverstream answered.

"That... would be... AMAZING!!"

Before Jimmy could reply, Silverstream enveloped her in a warm hug, "Sure thing! I'll be your girlfriend!"

Jimmy looked at the Hippogriff as a smile invaded her face. And just then, the Crystal Heart's magic was spread all around, turning everypony into the Crystal versions of themselves.


Once again, the Friendship Express moved across Equestria, arriving at Canterlot. There, Jimmy hugged Silverstream one more time.

"Are you going home, Silverstream?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah. My parents and Terramar are waiting at Mount Aris. Once I arrive there, I'll tell them about the things we did today! They are gonna like it!" Silverstream said.

"Heh, ok then! Have a good night and see you anytime!" Jimmy said, waving at Silverstream as the train's doors closed and it disappeared on the horizon.

"I simply love her!" Jimmy exclaimed before flying to the castle.


Somewhere else...

"If you thought I would stop after the Crystal Faire, that's because you haven't been paying attention."

Author's Note:

"Jimmy Hook Celebrates..." will resume on July 24th.:ajsmug:

Thanks for your patience.:twilightsmile: