• Published 26th Dec 2018
  • 644 Views, 297 Comments

Jimmy Hook Celebrates... - Discord The Narrator



Jimmy Hook goes to Ponyville for celebrating different holidays there.

  • ...
14
 297
 644

Winter Wrap Up

Winter was ending. It was time for the ice and the cold snow to vanish, in order to let the warm sun and the flowers get their place, and everypony were preparing for spring's arrival. Things were easier at Canterlot, as unicorns used their magic for clearing winter, but Ponyville's neighbours always followed a tradition: doing the same thing with no magic, as the town was founded by Earth ponies. With the ponies forming teams, the task wouldn't suppose a big problem.

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was getting ready. She entered inside the barn, where the ground was covered in snow due to a hole on the wooden roof. Looking around, she saw something else, hanging from a ceiling beam.

"Awww... She could sleep more, but time is over," AJ said, with a smile on her face, before getting a good position next to a wall. "One... Two... Three!"

She stomped on the ground with her front hooves, making the barn shake a bit, but enough for someone else to fall down with a scream before hitting the snow-covered surface. A female Bat Pony stood up and shook her head before looking at Applejack.

"I forgot I asked you to stay here for sleeping, Applejack." Jimmy said, chuckling nervously.

"Heh, don't worry about that. Besides, I wanted you to help us with somethin'." AJ said, walking away.

"Oh, helping the Apple Family would be nice." Jimmy replied as she followed the farmpony.

"Well, that's right, but I'm not talkin' about the family, but Ponyville! It's Winter Wrap Up!" AJ said.

"What!? Already!? What do I do!?" Jimmy was feeling excited about the event.

AJ laughed, "Easy there, sugarcube. I think you could help Rainbow Dash and the Weather Team. You may go and talk to them."

"And where are they now?" Jimmy asked, and AJ got outside and pointed a hoof at the sky.

"Fly towards Cloudsdale; they should be there," AJ replied.

"Ok then! Thank you so much, AJ!" Jimmy said as she flew up, leaving a smiling farmpony behind.


The Pegasi were all together at Cloudsdale, Jimmy being between them, listening to the instructions provided by their multicolored leader. Everypony were wearing the blue vest from the Weather Team (even Jimmy, although she still kept her Lunar Guard armor on).

"Ok, everypony! Spring is coming, and our mission is to clear the sky! See all of those clouds? We have to remove them! Understood?" Rainbow explained, smiling as the others cheered, "Well then! Let's go!"

Rainbow and the others flew around, scattering so they could be faster with their current task. Which was not the case for Derpy.

Meanwhile, Jimmy had already removed a few clouds in a small amount of time. The reason was that, somehow, she could detect their smell. And there were also her flying abilities, which made her reach the clouds.

Those traits surprised a happy Female Hippogriff that was also helping the Weather Team.

"Hey there! You're doing a nice job!", she said.

Jimmy searched for the source of that voice, feeling amused when she saw Silverstream wearing a blue vest.

"I didn't know one of Twilight's students was also helping the team," Jimmy said.

"Well, I didn't even know what Winter Wrap Up was! But, when they told me about this, I simply couldn't resist!" Silverstream replied, "Also, your armor looks cool, like you!"

Jimmy blushed a bit after hearing that compliment, "Oh, thank you! It's a bit curious, but I haven't got it off in two years."

"Really? I thought you would get it off anytime. What about sleeping?" Silverstream felt confused as they resumed their task.

"Well, when you get to be a Lunar Guard, they tell you to keep the armor on you for anything. Even for things like eating and sleeping. At least I wash it," Jimmy explained.

The Hippogriff chuckled, "Does that mean you get a shower while wearing it?"

"Uuuuuh... Yes?"

Silverstream laughed, "I nailed it! But that doesn't make you less cooler than what you are. Anyways, let's get more clouds!"

She flew away as Jimmy blushed a bit more, following her so they could help each other.


Some time later, their work was almost done. Jimmy had seen a few things, which included Derpy having a small problem that was finally solved. The Bat Pony was even able to spot Twilight trotting around Ponyville. She waved, and the Princess of Friendship noticed her, smiling as she waved back.

And finally, for taking care of the last winter leftovers, Jimmy and Silverstream, along with Rainbow Dash and the other Pegasi, flew together, fast enough to remove the remaining clouds and icicles, making space for the Sun to appear and warm up the landscape.

Spring was finally there.


Later, while everypony celebrated the arrival of spring at the Town Hall, Jimmy and Silverstream had another encounter.

"Heh, seeing Ponyville with all of its colors is a great thing, right?" Jimmy said.

"That's right! The Sun, the flowers, the animals, the warm air, the rainbow... uh... dash?" Silverstream replied, smiling as Jimmy laughed at that pun.

"Oh, well... I also wanted to tell you it has been nice to meet a Hippogriff for the first time. A happy one, by the way," Jimmy said.

Silverstream chuckled, "Oooh, it was cool to meet you either. That means I have another friend! I can't wait for you to meet the other students!"

"Maybe I'll see them one day. Thanks for this good time we had," Jimmy said.

"Oh, you're welcome! Anyways, I have to go now. Have a good time!"

With that, Silverstream flew away as Jimmy waved at her, putting a hoof over her heart.

"She is... so beautiful..."