• Published 15th Dec 2018
  • 1,749 Views, 71 Comments

Road to Harmony - Artthriller94



How will a team of street racers find their way back to their world, with the help from the Rainbooms?

  • ...
5
 71
 1,749

8: Friends in Danger!

(9:45 P.M., Pinkie Pie's house)

The moon was already up in Canterlot City, and at Pinkie Pie's house, the Rainbooms were having a little slumber party. Inside Pinkie's bedroom, Twilight and Rarity were painting each other's fingernails, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were playing a video game, with Fluttershy winning easily, and Pinkie Pie and Applejack were playing checkers; however, it wasn't the same without Sunset Shimmer being there, but the girls were still keeping their eyes and ears open, in case Sunset's journal buzzes again. Right now, they were all wondering what it's like to be in Equestria, and what exotic places they have there. As Rainbow and Fluttershy were done playing, Fluttershy was looking at the journal, which laid on top of a small drawer. She started to get a little nervous, since Sunset hasn't written back for quite a while.

"Um, girls?" Fluttershy got their attention. "Don't you think we should write back to Sunset? I'm starting to worry about our friends."

"Oh, daring, please," said Rarity, confidently, "I'm sure they are doing well in Equestria. The princesses should be welcoming them with open hearts."

"And Sunset promised to keep us updated of whatever they're doing." Twilight added.

"Yeah!" Pinkie Pie squealed. "Maybe Sunset and Princess Celestia had finally set their differences aside, and the princesses are going to teach Team Furious how to use their new magic for their big battle in Los Angeles, and we'll be there to help them!" The girls looked at Pinkie, with confused expressions.

"Uh, are you sure, Pinkie?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, it's just a hunch." Pinkie just shrugged.

Suddenly, the journal was buzzing, and Applejack quickly scrolled to the last page, and read the new message.

Hey girls. Just wanna let you know that everything has turned out fine between me and Princess Celestia. Team Furious were welcomed to Equestria, and now they are going to be trained, by the Royal Princesses, to use their magic and abilities to save their home. I'll write back soon. Take care!

"Well, what do y' know? Pinkie was right," said Applejack. Pinkie Pie just grinned at that comment.

"How do you suppose the princesses will train our new friends?" Rarity raised a brow. "I'm not sure if they know what kind of magic Team Furious can do."

"I guess all we can do now is wait," said Applejack, "until Sunset can give us a full detail of..."

Meanwhile, behind the slightly opened window, three shadowed figures were listening to the girls' conversations, while hiding underneath the window sill, so as not to blow their cover. As the moon appeared out of a rolling cloud, the shadow of the figures slowly disappeared, revealing the Dazzlings in the flesh. Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk listened closely, with sinister smirks on their faces, already thinking of a devious plan to ruin everything.

"So, these girls are trying to help those newbies save their world, huh?" said Adagio, quietly. "Well, I don't think so. Not as long as we've got our gems back." Their red gems glistened around their necks. It is unknown how they have gotten them repaired, since they were destroyed during the Battle of the Bands. "This is going to be quite interesting tonight."

"As long as we get lots of energy to feed on, I'll go along with this." Aria said with a unamused expression. "If we lose again, I am so not coming back for another round."

"But how are we gonna feed on their energy?" asked Sonata, pointing to the Rainbooms. "They're protected by their magic. I don't think our magic can control them, like last time." Adagio and Aria rolled their eyes, with disgust.

"Of course not, you fool!" Adagio controlled her tempered tone, trying to not make too much noise. "That's because it only works when they fight against each other. But right now, that's not our priority."

"Ugh, like I said, you are the worst, Sonata." Aria insulted.

"Oh yeah?" Sonata countered. "Well, I still think you're th..."

Suddenly, Adagio gave out a grunt; she was fed up with the same thing every day and every night. Unfortunately, her grunt was loud enough for Spike, but not the Rainbooms, to hear what was going on outside. Spike looked out the window sill, and spotted the Dazzlings, but he didn't bark at them. Instead, he listened to their argument.

"You know what? I am really getting close to actually break our 'alliance' apart!" Adagio threatened, then she calmed down. "Anyway, we must report back to our new boss about this. If these Team Furious characters are a threat to her, we must do everything to make sure they don't succeed."

"That is, if they don't have magic protecting themselves, as well, Adagio." Aria complained. Adagio just rolled her eyes.

"In that case, let's give our servants something to hit. Maybe those team of nobodies will show up to save their little friends..." Adagio then gave a sinister smirk, "... if it's not too late, that is."

As the Dazzlings stood up to leave, Spike hid himself out of sight from the window. Then, he waited until they were walking away, then he alerted his friends.

"Girls! Girls! I think we have a problem!"

"What wrong, Spike?" Twilight raised a brow.

"I saw some girls hiding behind the window, and I think they've overheard everything! They're planning to stop Team Furious, and us, from saving Los Angeles!"

The girls gasped at this. "Who were they?" Rainbow asked, clenching her fist.

"There were three of them, and I heard one of their names." replied Spike. "It was... Adagio?"

"WHAT?!?!" The Rainbooms exclaimed, even Twilight. Her friends told her about the Dazzlings, who were three evil Sirens that feed on negative emotions, and were banished from Equestria. However, she didn't know what they look like, but Twilight was also told of those girls having red magical gems, which were destroyed by the Rainbooms. At least, she has some idea of who they are.

"Are you saying that those dang Dazzlings are back?!" Applejack cried out.

"They aren't wearing red gems around their necks, are they?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"I think so. I saw three of their gems." Spike was surprised by the girls gasping very loud.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no!" Rarity shouted. "It cannot be! Of all the worst things that could happen, this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!" The Rainbooms looked at Rarity with their brows raised, and with expressions that say Really? Sometimes, Rarity could be quite the drama queen. "What? I mean it!"

"But, I don't understand how their gems got fixed, all of a sudden!" Rainbow Dash scratched her head. "We used our magic, during the Battle of the Bands, to get rid of them!"

"Except Twilight, who wasn't part of the band before." Pinkie pointed out.

"Well, what else did you hear, Spike?" asked Twilight.

"Um, they also mentioned about their new boss, about Team Furious being a 'threat' to them, and giving their 'servants' something to hit. And I don't even want to think about that." Spike whimpered.

"Servants? New boss?" Rarity raised a brow. "Does that mean that Queen Chrysalis hired them, or that we've got some bigger problem to deal with now?"

"We better tell Sunset about this," said Twilight. "Maybe she knows what to do."

As Twilight wrote to Sunset on her journal, Spike looked out the window again, to find that the Dazzlings were instructing a large group of Wondercolt students. He couldn't hear them from afar, but suddenly, Spike's fur began to turn white with fear, as he saw that the students were under the Dazzlings' submission, with evil expressions on all their faces. Finally, the Dazzlings mounted on three new sport bikes, and rode away from the neighborhood, while the mind-controlled Wondercolts began to walk towards Pinkie Pie's house.

"Uuuhh… Twilight? Can you also tell Sunset that they are driving motorcycles now, and that they've got our friends from school under their control, and they are all coming this way?!" Spike cried out.

The Rainbooms looked out the window, to see what Spike was talking about. They finally got the message, upon seeing the now-evil students, and they were all terrified of what is going to happen to themselves. Rarity fainted to the floor, and Fluttershy hid under Pinkie Pie's bed. Rainbow Dash grabbed a baseball bat, Applejack picked Rarity up, dragging her to the back door, and Pinkie Pie held some cupcakes in her hands, ready to blow them up by using her Geode.

"Everyone! Out the back, and to the cars! NOW!" Applejack shouted, still dragging her unconscious friend.

"Wait for me!!!" Fluttershy exclaimed, as she bolted out from under the bed and picked up Spike.

The girls and Spike all evacuated from the house, and once they were outside, Rarity quickly recovered from fainting, and ran to her silver Ferrari 458 Italia. "EVERY GIRL FOR HERSELF!!!"

As they got in to their respective vehicles, and Twilight finishing her emergency message to Sunset, the Rainbooms saw Wondercolt students running towards them, with angry battle cries sounding off. The girls quickly turned their ignitions, and rode off into the night, looking for a place to hide in the city, with their angry friends in hot pursuit.


(20 minutes ago)

Back in Equestria, The Royal Princesses gave Team Furious a quick tour around Canterlot, with Sunset Shimmer, the Mane 7, and Spike right by their sides. It was nighttime in Equestria, but many Canterlot ponies were still up, and amazed by the appearances of the six human teenagers, and they all welcomed them, as well. As they strolled further from the castle grounds, The Royal Sisters led everyone to an empty meadow field. There was no pony around this area, so it would be perfect to be used for training, where no one would be disturbed by any battle sounds.

"Tonight, we have brought you all to this meadow," Princess Celestia declared, "because it is far enough from any pony living, or sleeping, in Canterlot. It will be our training grounds to help our new guests understand their magic better, and use it to their advantages."

"Even so, we don't want to disturb our subjects from their sleep by any noise," said Princess Luna, "so I shall cast a special barrier spell around this meadow." Princess Luna's horn began to glow, and she cast an aqua beam towards the sky, and a transparent aqua barrier was created, around 1000 feet of the meadow.

"This barrier shall be large enough to maneuver around," Princess Luna continued, "and no one else will disturb the training session."

"So, Team Furious, are you ready for this?" Princess Cadence smiled. The six teens all nodded.

"Of course," said Charlie.

"What's the first thing we do?" David asked.

"Well, the first lesson is to focus on your magic," said Princess Celestia. "Each of you must try to summon it using only your minds, as well as your hands. One way to do that, is to relax and close your eyes, and think about the things you can do. So, let's sit down."

Everyone sat down on the grass, and Princess Celestia instructed Charlie, David, Rachael, Sam, Bobby, and Lily to close their eyes, and they began to think of their abilities they've read from the Spectrometer. It took a few seconds to focus, but with his eyes still closed, Sam moved his hands into an archery pose, pretending he was aiming an arrow towards a target. What he didn't realize was that when he made his pose, an crossbow and a glowing orange plasma arrow had, suddenly, appeared into his hands. As Sam let go of the arrow, it quickly pass between the Royal Sisters, across the meadow, and hit the wall of the barrier, exploding into a small orange explosion. The Mane 7, Sunset Shimmer, the princesses, and Team Furious opened their eyes by the explosion, and they looked at Sam holding the crossbow.

"Sam? Did you do that?" Princess Twilight asked. Sam was stuttering, trying to think of a excuse, when the bow disappeared from his hands.

"I think that answers your question, Twilight," said Rachael.

"W-well, a-a-ah was thinking about my magic..." Sam stuttered nervously, but Princess Celestia raised her hoof.

"It's alright, Sam." Princess Celestia reassured. "I think I know how you did it. By gesturing your hands into an archery pose, it would seem that your imagination might have created your weapons for you to use. I'm not sure how that is even possible, but please use it with caution."

"Of course, Princess." Sam smiled.

"Oh boy!" Lily cried out. "That means, if we use our imaginations to use our magic, we'll be able to save our world like superheroes! This.. is... AMAZING!!!" Lily bounced with excitement, while the rest only chuckled.

"That may be so, my friend," said Princess Luna, "but, as my sister said, you must take extreme caution and discretion, once you all have master your abilities. I do not believe your kind will understand the many dangers of magic in your world, and you must make sure that no one gets hurt from it."

"Especially by Queen Chrysalis." Princess Cadence added. "With her dark magic, she can control and enslave your people. So, once all this is over, we'll cast a spell that will quickly erase all their memories of the events that have happened. But don't worry, you'll still be able to keeps yours. Just try to hide your magic from the wrong... hands."

Team Furious all understood of what she meant by that. There are people who would want to take something unordinary, and turn it into something else, to benefit mankind. Charlie and his friends do not favor that idea at all.

"We will." Charlie replied. "You can count on us." Everypony smiled.

Over the next few minutes, the rest of Team Furious were learning to use their imaginations to summon their magic, and with no difficulty at all. Rachael found out that, by doing this method, she summoned her fire-based ability onto her fists. Everyone around her saw how the fire surrounded her entire hands, and not burning her alive. Then, Rachael thought of making a sword made of fire, and used her hands to craft one. To her, it was an incredible experience to bring out any fire weapons at her will.

David motioned his right hand over his shoulder and towards his back, then quickly pulled it forward, and a strange black stick materialized in his hands. It was a neutrino wand; the same weapon that the Ghostbusters use to shoot out a protonic stream of energy to capture ghosts in the movie. The only difference is that the neutrino wand didn't come with a proton pack, and that made no sense to David, or to his friends. It was as if the wand is powered separately, but that didn't bother David one bit. He was glad that he didn't have to carry a heavy pack to carry on his back to slow him down.

Lily used her hands to suddenly control water from out of nowhere. She squealed with joy, as she water-bended at great ease, creating water-based objects, and after that, she was performing a few martial arts punches and kicks.

Finally, Bobby imagined his right arm being transformed into a plasma cannon, and although he wanted to blast plasma energy at something, he didn't want to do so, unless he is fighting a dangerous enemy. He then thought of armoring himself with an Autobot-like suit, which materialized the way whenever the Transformers switch into robot mode. Now, Bobby was covered with a yellow 1974 Chevrolet Camaro robot body armor, making him look like Bumblebee, from the 2007 film, while his face and hair still remained human. He switched back to his human form, thinking that his Autobot form will come in handy.

The ponies were all in amazement when all these strange powers were happening, and yet the only one who hasn't tried to think or imagine something was Charlie. He still didn't know what he can do, which only made him feel left out of his own friends. If they can do things that can save lives, why can't he? Princess Cadence noticed Charlie's disappointed expression and sat next to him. "Is there something on your mind, Charlie? You seem like you're not enjoying this training."

"Oh no, it's not that," Charlie assured. "It's just... we didn't find out what my special abilities are, and I don't know if I'm meant to not do anything to help. I really want to help, but..."

"You should try to improvise, then." Princess Cadence kindly suggested. "Think of something useful that only you can imagine, and be proud that you can help your friends in your own special way. Everyone is useful, whether they have magic or not. You just have to believe in yourself."

Charlie looked at Princess Cadence with inspiration, then he looked at his hands. Was she right? That Charlie can improvise with something to help in his own special way? To him, it is worth a try.

(Present time)

As the training session continued, Sunset Shimmer's Journal began to buzz and ring once again. She, the mane 7, and Spike all gathered around to read the latest from the human version of Twilight. But, when they finished reading, they all gasped aloud, and their expressions turned to horror, getting the attention of Team Furious and the Royal Princesses.

"Hey! What's going on?" Bobby asked.

"Is everything alright, Sunset?" Princess Celestia asked, with a concerned look.

"No, it's not!" Sunset exclaimed. "My friends are in danger!"

"WHAT?!?!" Team Furious all exclaimed.

"B-But, by who?" David questioned, nervously.

"The Sirens!" Princess Twilight cried out. Upon hearing that name, everyone in the meadow were horrified, as they all know that the Sirens, a.k.a. the Dazzlings, had almost conquered Canterlot High, only to be defeated by Sunset and the Rainbooms during the Battle of the Bands.

"The Sirens?!" Rachael questioned, as she clentched her fists with anger. "You mean, the evil and relentless Dazzlings from Equestria, who feeds on bad vibes for breakfast?!"

"Yep." Sunset answered nonchalantly, yet still worried. "They're the ones."

"But, didn't their gems get destroyed, during the Battle of the Bands?" Sam raised a brow. "They can't sing right without 'em."

"Well, yes." Princess Twilight nodded. "But, according to the human version of me, they've somehow gotten their gems fully repaired, and right now, they have taken control of the minds of the students from Canterlot High!"

"And not only that," Sunset put in, "but the Dazzlings ordered them to attack my friends!"

They all gasped again, never thinking the Dazzlings would stoop this low. Sunset then started to feel a little rage within herself. "If those Sirens so much as lay one finger on my friends I care about the most..."

"Sunset, relax." Princess Celestia instructed. "I am sure your friends are alright, and are looking for a place to hide. Don't worry. It will be alright."

Sunset calmed herself down, and looked at her ex-teacher, and smiled. She was happy that her ex-mentor still cares and worries about her. "Do you really think so, Princess Celestia?" Sunset asked.

The Princess nodded, then she turned to Team Furious. "I'm afraid we'll have to end our session early then expected. You six are going to have to learn more of your abilities on your own, while you rescue Sunset Shimmer's friends in Canterlot High from the Dazzlings. This will be very dangerous, more than you will know, so please take care of yourselves." The team all nodded their heads. It was only for a short while of training, but as long as they can use their minds and hands for combat, they are sure they can succeed.

"Thank you, Princess Celestia," said Charlie. "Thank you all for helping us."

"Anytime." Princess Cadence smiled. Princess Luna simply smiled and bowed her head.

"Princess Celestia?" The voice from behind belonged to Starlight Glimmer. "Permission to join Sunset and Team Furious on this mission? I am the one who brought them from their home in Los Angeles, so I should be able to open the same portal that brought them to Canterlot High, and help them fight back Chrysalis, as well as the Dazzlings. If it's alright with Twilight, of course."

"It's alright with me, Starlight." Princess Twilight confirmed.

"Very well, Starlight," Princess Celestia agreed, "But just be careful, alright?" Starlight nodded.

"Great!" Lily shouted. "This is going to be the most epic adventure EVER!!!"

"We sure could get the help we need," said David.

"And I know just the ride that suits her." Charlie smirked.

"Huh?" Starlight was confused of what Charlie said, until Charlie brought up a holographic screen from his wrist, and began to customize a 2019 McLaren Senna, changing its color from orange to lilac purple, with teal stripes and accents around the sides, and her Cutie Mark on the rear fenders. Starlight, and everypony else, was astonished by this, while Charlie saved the design for later, and closed the screen.

"That car that you saw is called the McLaren Senna." Charlie pointed out. "I've customized it to fit your personality, Starlight, and I'll be able to bring it out once we get back to the school. I figure that since you've studied complex magic, a hypercar is a perfect fit for you."

Starlight didn't quite understand the meaning of the word "hypercar," but she was happy to join the rescue mission alongside Sunset Shimmer and Team Furious. "Gee, thanks! I don't know what to say. And I'll do whatever I can to help you guys." With that said, Charlie curled his right fist, Starlight raised her right hoof, and they both "hoofbumped."

"Well, that settles it, " said Princess Twilight. "Time is wasting, so we'll take you back to the mirror."

"Thanks, Twilight." Sunset smiled, then she faced towards the other princesses. "Thank you all for letting me come back to Equestria to make things right again, even if it's only for a short time. I have made mistakes, that I still regret, but I know now that my past is not today, and it's not what makes who I am today."

Princess Celestia was very proud of her former pupil. She had gone through so many things to learn the values of friendship, and now it looks like she has. She approached to Sunset and hugged her warmly.

"I am so proud of you, Sunset, for finally understanding the importance of friendship. I hope that, one day, you'll visit Equestria often, whenever you like."

Sunset was on the verge of tears again, that all she could say was, "Thank you."

Team Furious also thanked the princesses for the short training session, feeling that they can use their new magic to fight, and Charlie especially thanked Princess Cadence for the inspiration. Then, Princess Luna lowered her barrier spell, and as the stars sparkled in the night sky, everyone walked back to Canterlot.


After the train ride back to Ponyville, Team Furious, Sunset Shimmer, the Mane 7, and Spike were gathered inside the Castle of Friendship again, and were facing the magic mirror. Everything was prepared for the journey back to Canterlot High, as Team Furious, Sunset, and Starlight Glimmer hugged the Mane 6 goodbye.

"Be careful, you guys." Princess Twilight warned. "The last time I traveled to help my Canterlot High friends, I almost failed to stop the Dazzlings from taking over the school, and the world. So, keep an eye out for any tricks the Dazzlings might cook up."

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash agreed. "Go teach those darn sirens a lesson!"

"And bring back some snacks for me! 'Cause I wanna' know what they eat over there!" Pinkie Pie grinned.

"Don't forget to give yer' friends our regards." Applejack suggested.

"And please send us some pictures of that world's fashion line. It would be an interesting discovery about what are wearing in Canterlot High." Rarity added.

"Yay!" Fluttershy cheered, in a very hushed cry. Everypony, and everybody, laughed with joy.

"Don't worry, girls," Sunset reassured, "we will."

"And we will come back when this mess is all over," Lily stated, "and we will have a big celebration party!"

"Ooooohh! I like that party already!" Pinkie happily agreed.

"Okay then, we better get moving." Starlight announced. "You go first, Sunset."

Sunset nodded, as she and Starlight waved goodbye to their pony friends, and jumped into the mirror. Team Furious were next to cross over, but before they could jump inside the mirror, Princess Twilight stopped them.

"Before you go, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna wanted me to give you all these." Twilight held up seven special necklaces via her magic. The necklaces all have Cutie Marks, depicted as charms, that the Mane 6, including Sunset Shimmer, have on their flanks. "These Cutie Mark necklaces can give you the power to use your abilities in your world, where there is no magic. They only work together whenever you wear them around your necks."

Princess Twilight gave Sam the Applejack necklace, Bobby had the Rarity necklace, David was given the Fluttershy necklace, Rachael wore the Rainbow Dash necklace, and Lily loved the Pinkie Pie necklace. Finally, Twilight held two necklaces to Charlie. One of them has Sunset Shimmer's Cutie Mark as the seventh necklace.

"Charlie, Sunset's Cutie Mark necklace can let you open a portal to your home, Canterlot High, and Equestria. Take good care of it." She handed the Sunset Shimmer necklace, and the Twilight Sparkle version, to Charlie, and he wore them around his neck.

"Thank you, Twilight. I will. All of us will." Charlie promised. His friends all agreed, with the necklaces gleaming around their necks.

Once they were ready, Team Furious waved goodbye to the Mane 6 and Spike, and one by one, they all disappeared into the portal.