• Published 15th Dec 2018
  • 1,749 Views, 71 Comments

Road to Harmony - Artthriller94



How will a team of street racers find their way back to their world, with the help from the Rainbooms?

  • ...
5
 71
 1,749

16: Conquering Your Nightmares

Author's Note:

To all those still following the story, I apologize for the very long wait. Sometimes I have other things on my mind, as well as in my life. Just know that I won't be giving up on this story, until it's complete.

Anyway, I hope you guys are still enjoying it, and I wish you all a Happy Holiday, and Merry Christmas!

Earlier, Sam and Applejack have just rounded two of Nightmare Moon's shadowy goons with rope that Sam created. Knowing that it won't hold them for long, the two of them drove out of the construction site, and onto the streets again. Afterwards, Akira told them both that they needed to join up with David and Fluttershy to help Bobby and Rarity over at the Fashion District. Sam led Applejack towards the mentioned location, both unware that Pinkie Pie's '99 Civic Coupe and Lily's street racer version of Herbie the Love Bug passed behind them at the intersection. Two frustrated Nightmare shadows were chasing after the playful duo, as they performed many evasive stunts, drifting around corners, and laughing with joy.

"Man, this is so amazing!" Pinkie shouted. "I've never had this much fun since FOREVER!"

"Yeah! Tell me about it!" Lily replied.

Then, she spotted an abandoned big rig trailer, with its rear doors open. She had an idea of trapping the shadow creatures inside. Lily looked at Pinkie through the left side window, and as if she can read her mind, Pinkie nodded her head and grinned. The two tricksters gently decreased their cars' speed, letting their chasers gain on them. The Nightmare creatures paid no attention to the road ahead. But, as soon as they caught up to them, Lily and Pinkie split up, and slammed on the brakes, as the creatures suddenly rushed inside the truck's trailer, hitting into the back wall hard. Lily and Pinkie reversed quickly and got out of their cars to shut the trailer's doors. Then, Pinkie placed her hand into her pink hair, and pulled out a can of sprinkles. Shaking it with great vibration, she opened one door, and threw the glowing pink can inside, and closed the door again.

"TAKE COVER!!!"

Both girls laid down on the ground, and covered their heads, expecting a big explosion from within the trailer. Sure enough, an explosion occurred from inside, which rocked the trailer, and some pink, creamy substance oozed out through the doorlines. As soon as it was over, Pinkie scooped up some of the cream with her finger, and tried it.

"Mmm. Cotton candy flavor."

Lily opened the trailer, and they both saw the two Nightmares covered in gooey pink cream, which suddenly melted them away into nothing.

"Yes!" Lily cheered, putting her fists in the air. "It worked!"

"Of course it did!" Pinkie smiled. "But we should help our friends now. "They might be in trouble!"


Over at the Fashion District, Bobby and Rarity were having difficulty shaking off three off the Nightmare Forces. Whenever they turn down a tight street, they were close to their rear bumpers, trying to get a hold on their vehicles' chassis. Bobby attacked them with his '77 Camaro Z28's weapons, as well as his own, and Rarity defend herself with her geode's ability to materialized gem-like objects. Soon, they passed many streets with fashion stores nearby, and Rarity was quite impressed with some of the clothing, dresses, and accessories that were left outside of the stores.

"Now I know why this area is called the Fashion District." Rarity chuckled.

"It was, also, previously called the Garment District," Bobby replied, "but, let's focus on losing these guys!"

One of of Nightmare creatures whispered something to its partners, and all three of them flew toward Rarity's Ferrari 458 Italia's undercarriage. This shocked Bobby and he warned her through the Ferrari's radio system.

"Rarity! They're under your car! They're under your car!"

"WHAT!?!?" Rarity screamed nervously.

To her surprise, her Ferrari was lifted off the ground, and the three Nightmares carried it into the air, while Rarity began to scream with fear.

"RARITY!!!" Bobby shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Don't worry, Bobby!" David's voice suddenly spoke through the Camaro's radio. "Fluttershy and I are here!"

"So are we!" Applejack joined in.

David's Ecto-1, Fluttershy's custom '01 VW Beetle, Sam's General Lee, and Applejack's '10 F-150 off-roader raced out into view from different streets, and drove beside Bobby. They saw the situation with Rarity's car, as the Nightmares carried it higher and higher. With no time to waste, Sam summoned his Plasma Bow, aimed it towards the Nightmare creatures, and shot a Plasma Arrow towards them. Upon a direct hit, two of the creatures disappeared, while the last one was struggling so much to carry the silver Ferrari in its hands, as it now flew downwards to the ground. David used his Ecto-1's proton cannons and shot a proton capture stream around the Ferrari. With great care, David placed Rarity and her car back on the road, and they all stopped their vehicles. The last Nightmare quickly flew towards them, when Bobby angerly transformed his left arm into a canon blaster, and blasted the creature from the driver side window. After it was finally gone from existence, Bobby, Rarity, Sam, Applejack, David, and Fluttershy sighed with relief.

"Are you okay, Rarity?" Fluttershy asked.

"I am now." Rarity answered. "I thought I was going to feint from being in the air."

"Yeah, that happens a lot, actually." Applejack rolled her eyes.

"Huh?! What is that suppose to mean?!"

Her friends all chuckled, and Bobby drove up next to Rarity, and smiled.

"Come on. Let's go find Charlie and the others. This night isn't over, yet."

Rarity nodded her head. "Right."

They were just about to leave, when Lily and Pinkie drove toward them from behind, but them seemed disappointed.

"Aww." Pinkie slouched her shoulders. "Are we too late?"

"Yeah, ahm' 'fraid so, Pinkie." Sam replied.

Both Pinkie and Lily groaned, but were still willing to help, so everyone drove together towards East L.A., and Bobby contacted Akira that they were okay.


Near Arlington Heights, Rainbow Dash and Rachael were dodging two of Nightmare Moon's goons, as they rounded a corner, and onto West Washington Blvd. At the end of the street was a Chevron gas station. Both Rachael and Rainbow can see it a few miles ahead of them, when suddenly, one of the Nightmare goons picked up a garbage can, and threw it toward's Rachael's '58 Fury. She was almost hit by it, but she continued on, with Rainbow's custom '15 Camaro by her left side. Their pursuers kept throwing objects at them, but they swerved left and right to avoid being hit.

"I guess they aren't making it easy for us, are they, Rachael?" Rainbow smirked.

"It's gonna take more than that to slow us down!" Rachael proudly replied.

As they approached the gas station, the two friends were about to turn left onto Hoover Street, when Rachael's Fury was hit by a big truck tire. Rachael was struggling to control her car, when she saw that she was about hit a gas pump. Rainbow stopped her Camaro and her eyes opened wide, as she witnessed her friend's Fury hit some of the gas pumps, and a huge explosion erupted.

"RACHAEL!!!!!"


In the distance, Sam, Applejack, David, Fluttershy, Bobby, and Rarity saw the explosion from where they were driving, and were all surprised.

"What was that?" David asked nervously.

"Sounds like a gas station exploded!" Sam answered.

"We better see if no one is hurt!" Fluttershy suggested, as they all drove towards the direction of the explosion.


Twilight, Taylin, and Starlight Glimmer were all having problems with three Nightmare Forces on their tails, when they all, too, heard the explosion. Strangely, the creatures flew off to wherever the explosion occurred, and the three confused girls slowed down to a halt.

"Hey. What happened?" Taylin asked perplexingly. "And why aren't they chasing us?

"I don't know." Twilight raised a brow. "But someone must have caused that explosion! We should investigate it."

"I just hope none of our friends are hurt!" Starlight gulped. They drove off to the destroyed Chevron gas station, not knowing that a certain matte black Lamborghini Veneno was carefully following them 8 miles behind them.


Rainbow's eyes began to shed lots of tears, having seen Rachael get killed from the flames. She couldn't see her, or her car, from within the fire. The two Nightmare minions were laughing with joy, and upon seeing their insulting smiles, Rainbow's anger began to flare up from within. She angerly screamed, and jumped at them, throwing random punches and kicks. This hurt the shadowy creatures just a little, and they quickly grabbed hold of both her arms.

"Let me GO!!!" Rainbow yelled. "You... you...!"

Rainbow was trying to break free, when she heard the sound of a V8 engine, revving from inside the flaming gas station. The creatures heard the sounds, as well, and they began to shake with fear. That's when a 1958 Plymouth Fury, all covered in fire from top to bottom, quickly reversed out of the gas station, with its body still intact. The Nightmare goons screamed, and flew away, as they dropped Rainbow on the ground. The fiery '58 Fury chased after the goons, leaving a shocked and frightened Rainbow Dash behind.

"R-R-Rachael?"

Suddenly, she saw most of her friends' cars approaching next to her. Fluttershy was the first to hug her friend with relief.

"Rainbow Dash!"

"Hey, Fluttershy." Rainbow hugged back.

"What in tarnation happened here?" Applejack asked.

"Well... you see.." Rainbow began to tell everyone what had happened.

Meanwhile, from within the flaming '58 Fury, Rachael was indeed alive and well, due to her fire abilities protecting her, but was filled with rage. As she inched closer to the frightened Nightmares, the fire surrounding her car seemed to manifest into a fiery hand. It reached outwards, and grabbed the two Nightmares tightly, thus ending the chase. The fire burned them instantly and they quickly vanished. Then, three more Nightmares appeared, and Rachael created a small flamethrower on the car roof, and fired at them, which burned them into ashes. Soon, Rachael took a deep breath and sighed, which seemed to extinguished the fire on her car entirely.

"Boy, what a rush!" Rachael smirked confidently, placing her hand on her head.

Then, she heard their friends driving up behind her back bumper. The Rainbooms, as well as most of Team Furious, were extremely shocked to see that she and her '58 Fury were alright.

"Relax, guys. It'll take more than fire to take me down."

Rainbow Dash sighed with relief. "Well, I'm glad to hear that." Everyone else agreed.

"I'm glad to see that Rachael's okay and all," Akira's voice sounded serious through the radio, "but someone's comin' at you from behind fast!"

Everyone's heads turned around to see the Lamborghini Veneno approaching them at great speed. It was about to hit the group head-on, when Starlight used her magic to shove her friends, as well as herself, out of the way. Flying right past them, the matte black Veneno screeched to a halt. The Rainbooms, Starlight and Team Furious waited silently to see what would happen next, when the left side window of the mysterious Lamborghini began to roll down, revealing a woman's snarling face. At that moment, everybody gasped, but Starlight knew who it was.

"Chrysalis!"


Charlie and Sunset were the only ones left being chased by the Nightmare forces, but they were alerted, by Akira, of Queen Chrysalis's presence, and they agreed to split up for now. Charlie still had to lose or defeat Nightmare Moon, who was still on his tail, before reuniting with his friends to help, while Sunset went off to her friends' location. As Charlie switched his '04 #24 DuPont Chevy stock car replica into his '70 Monte Carlo from "Tokyo Drift," Nightmare Moon witnessed this sudden vehicle change, and began to laugh manically.

"Do you plan to outrun me in that worthless metal on wheels?! Ha! You must have lost your senses!"

"Don't bet on it, Moony!" Charlie taunted.

Before Nightmare can command her minions to apprehend him, Charlie pressed on the NOS button on his dashboard, and charged through the streets with great speed. Nightmare can only growl, as she tried to catch up to him. Charlie rounded a corner, and as soon as she turned onto the same avenue, Nightmare Moon saw that he disappeared from her sights. The remaining Nightmare Forces couldn't see him anywhere, either.

"Find him!" Nightmare commanded. "We mustn't let them get to the fortress in the heart of this city!"

They soon began to move through the streets of Los Angeles, unaware that Charlie was cleverly hiding in a empty auto shop. He was just about to drive out, when a dim light slowly flashed at the far corner of the building, which caught his attention.

"What's that?"

With great curiosity, he climbed out of his Monte Carlo, and walked toward wherever the fading light was luminating. When he approached a toolbox, he saw that the light was gone, but noticed a new set of car keys. Upon closer inspection, Charlie saw the name of an unfamiliar car manufacturer, engraved on the handle of one of the keys.

"ION?" Charlie asked himself perplexingly. He doesn't know of any car manufacturer with that kind of name; not that he knows of. In fact, he doesn't know if these keys belonged to someone, since they just appeared out of nowhere. Charlie pondered for a while.

"I better hold onto these, just in case."

Without question, Charlie grabbed the car keys, and placed them in one of his side pockets. Then, he returned to his Monte Carlo and drove out to find his friends.


Starlight Glimmer, the Rainbooms, and the rest of Team Furious were standing 10 feet away of the vicious Queen Chrysalis's Lamborghini Veneno, with Chrysalis herself behind the wheel. She suddenly faced her matte black hypercar straight towards the group, blinding them with bright lights from the LED headlights, and she was ready to try to run them over. Starlight quickly used her magic to send an electric shock towards her archenemy's vehicle, which then short circuited its electrical system.

"Everyone!" Starlight called out to her friends. "Get out of here now! She wants to fight me, and me alone! I don't want anyone else to get hurt in this!"

"No way, Starlight!" Applejack objected. "If that Chrysalis is as bad as you said she is, you won't be able to handle her alone!"

"Besides," David joined in, "Nightmare Moon and King Sombra are still on the loose! What if they join in and help her win?"

"Then, you guys will have to intervene!" Starlight answered. "Just contact Sunset and Charlie to meet me over at that glowing green building over there! If I can, I'll meet you all there."

Starlight pointed towards the mentioned skyscraper building in Downtown L.A. It is the same building where some captured citizens are held in. Then, they heard the sound of Chrysalis trying to restart her Veneno's ignition over and over. Starlight returned to her lilac purple and teal striped McLaren Senna.

"Just leave this to me!"

Before long, Chrysalis's hypercar was now functioning, as Starlight drove hers past the Veneno's left side. Starlight glared at the former changeling queen through the side window, and then quickly accelerated away. Then, to the Rainbooms and Team Furious' surprise, Chrysalis suddenly chuckled out loud.

"How quaint. A little game of cat and mouse. Well, I'm game!"

With that being said, Chrysalis performed a 180 degree spin, and chased after Starlight's Senna. After they left, a pair of headlights appeared from the right. Everyone saw Sunset's '69 Mustang Boss approaching them, and they were relieved that their friend was alright. Sunset saw the two hypercars leaving, leaving her to realize that one of them was Starlight.

"Where's Starlight goin'? And who's that next to her?"

"That's Chrysalis." Rarity said gravely. Sunset gasped upon hearing that name.

"Starlight wants us to meet her at that glowing building over there." Lily pointed out. "And if anything goes wrong, we'll intervene to help her."

"I guess things are about to get interesting at this point, aren't they?" Sunset asked. Then, Tayla noticed something.

"Sunset, where's Charlie? Wasn't he with you?"

Sunset nodded her head. "He was, but then we split up, and he probably still has Nightmare moon on his tail."

"Or maybe he got away from her!" Pinkie smiled, as she pointed to her right. Everyone looked at the pointed direction, and they saw Charlie's '70 Monte Carlo approaching down the street. As he parked next to them, they all filled him in on what has happened, and what they are about to do. As they discussed their plan, Akira noticed something on his monitor screen. He saw a McLaren Senna and a Lamborghini Veneno battling each other. At that moment, Akira knew that they were the vehicles of Starlight Glimmer and Queen Chrysalis.

"Be careful, Starlight."