• Published 15th Dec 2018
  • 1,749 Views, 71 Comments

Road to Harmony - Artthriller94



How will a team of street racers find their way back to their world, with the help from the Rainbooms?

  • ...
5
 71
 1,749

13: Fight Back the Undead!

Author's Note:

In this and the next few chapters, in order to give the Rainbooms and Starlight Glimmer some realistic details when they enter Los Angeles, think of them as what they would look like from a (Disney-Pixar like) CGI movie, but with some cartoonish shapes like the eyes, noses, and hairstyles untouched. This is the same for Team Furious, the villains, and anyone else in this story's chapter and Earth. I should've written about how the real world would look like from the start, huh?

Also, you can look up Google Maps for the L.A. streets mentioned in this chapter for references.

Night was upon the real world, with the full moon shining bright on the ground below. Somewhere in a wide two-story home at a suburban neighborhood of Los Angeles, in a dark room, the only source of light came from a computer monitor, and a flat-screen television on a wall, while a Japanese American teenager in a lab coat was typing rapidly on his desktop computer's keyboard. As if he was writing an emergency message to someone for help, he clearly was deeply worried about something, as indicated by his face sweating. While he googled through the news articles, with many reports on many situations happening in the city, he would occasionally turn his attention to one of his other monitors for important data. Judging by his appearance, he was obviously a boy of science, as there were so many scientific devices, tools, gadgets, and wiring around his quite spacious basement, that would even rival Twilight Sparkle's own basement in Canterlot City. There were also some science posters, templates, etc., but quite surprisingly, some "Back to the Future" memorabilia on a few shelves. This teenager is perhaps a fan of many sci-fi movies, but he is not paying any attention to his belongings, as he had his glasses and eyes on the computer screen, until he looked at the latest breaking news on the T.V., and gasped out loud.

A troubled male news reporter appeared. "This is Harold Tims, reporting to you live from East Los Angeles, where everything is mass hysteria around here! In the last two days, citizens all across the city have been reporting many strange cases: friends and families gone missing, turned into glowing green-eyed mindless zombies, experiencing strange hallucinations, and other unbelievable reports! Naturally, the authorities are doing everything they can to quell the panic, but if you look behind me in the distance," The reporter stepped aside from the camera, zooming in on a black-shadow with green eyes, moving around Belevedere Middle School, 30 feet away from them. ", there's a giant black shadowy creature terrorizing the school! A special event was suppose to be happening in there, but now, who knows how long any kids, or staff, are actually surviving!"

Then, a female reporter appeared on the screen. "Well, things aren't any better over here at Central L.A., Harold! The Los Angeles High School is all covered in some sticky green goo, and many of its students and teachers are trapped inside with no means of escape!" Suddenly, there was a loud sinister cackle echoing nearby, and the camera panned towards a rooftop close by, which displayed a dark silhouetted caped figure, standing in front of the bright full moon, before transforming into purple smoke, and disappearing. "Harold, I can now confirm that someone was on the roof of that building, and just vanished! All of this is like something out of a cartoon show!"

After seeing all this on the flat-screen, the teen was now petrified and shaking, until one of his monitors flashed a "warning" text, and he fearfully turned his head towards it. What he saw on the screen surprised him, which showed of a blue dimensional rift, opening near Dodger Stadium's parking lot. He adjusted his glasses, and suddenly gasped with a slight calming sense, as if he recognized the portal from somewhere before.

"Could it... be them?" The teen narrowed his eyes.

Right next to his workspace was a Mr. Fusion energy reactor device, poking out from the back of a vehicle, which was somewhat hidden behind the table nearby, and under a car cover.


Dodger Stadium, and its parking lot, was completely void of people and vehicles, as the rift continued to float. It wasn't long before a certain black 1970 Dodge Charger, and a bright orange Bomex body-kitted 1994 Toyota Supra Aerotop, roared out of it together, and skidding to a complete stop. The order of the following vehicles coming through the portal were: a black custom 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302, a purple custom 2010 Ford Mustang GT, a purple and teal striped 2019 McLaren Senna, a blue and white-striped 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko, an off-road orange 2010 Ford F-150, a silver custom 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia, a silver and blue-striped C-West body-kitted 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R, a red Veilside body-kitted 1997 Mazda RX-7, a blue custom 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, a pale-yellow custom 2001 Volkswagen Beetle, a lime-green Bomex body-kitted 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, a pink custom 1999 Honda Civic Coupe, and a Warrior-Pink Veilside body-kitted 2001 Honda S2000.

Team Furious, the Rainbooms, and Starlight Glimmer were all in the realistic world of Earth, and as soon as they stepped out of the driver seats, Starlight pointed out the obvious.

"Why is everything so shaded and a little colorless?" Then, Starlight looked at her body from her McLaren's window reflection. "Is this how we're supposed to look like here?"

The Rainbooms looked at each other's bodies. Their appearances still retained their cartoonish look from their world, but their hairs now have thin hair threads, the palm of their hands have small ridge lines, their eyes' colorful irises were fully detailed, and even their clothes have many different materialistic features. To Team Furious, their friends all looked like they are out of a CGI film. The Rainbooms, except Pinkie Pie, who was strangely ecstatic, were all very shocked to take their first look of what being a realistic Earth citizen looks like.

Applejack made a nervous expression of her face. "Ah' feel really weird looking like this, you guys."

"Ditto!" Rainbow Dash agreed.

Fluttershy thought otherwise "I don't know. I think this is pretty unique."

"Yeah, me too!" Pinkie grinned. "There are so many things I find so amazing! Like the leaves on the trees! The pavement! The stars in the night sky!"

Rarity took a glace at her sparkling Ferrari. "Not to mention the shining silver paint on my Ferrari."

"Speaking of that," Sunset spoke up, "all our cars look different, too. The black paint on my Mustang has these tiny sparkling flakes, which kinda' looks pretty cool."

Twilight inspected her Mustang's wheels. "And the tires all have these grooves and threads on the surface."

"Well, that's what everything and everyone looks like in this world." Charlie smiled.

"I hope you all don't mind looking like this, though." David nervously shrugged.

"Oh, of course not, David!" Fluttershy reassured. "I don't mind it at all. Right, girls?" The others agreed on this matter.

While they were talking amongst themselves, Starlight suddenly spotted the entire city of Los Angeles in the distance, down below the mountain side they were all standing on. She walked up to the cliff-side barrier, and she looked for any suspicious activity happening in the city. Everyone else caught wind of Starlight's searching, and they went over to her side.

"Anything out there, Starlight?" Rachael asked.

Starlight was silent for a moment. "I can't see anything going on over there. I guess it's because we're all the way up here. But I can tell that this is probably the calm before the storm."

"Do you think this could very well be a trap for us?" Bobby questioned.

"I don't know. I'm suddenly beginning to think that it's a bad idea to just show up unexpected."

Everyone glared at Bobby, for bringing up such a troubling question like that, while he gave a sheepish smile. Seeing how their friend was making a second thought of going back to Equestria, Sunset placed one hand on Starlight's right shoulder, while her left shoulder was covered by Taylin's hand, as they both faced her.

Sunset encouraged her first "Hey. No one's going alone on this, or getting left behind. We all got your back."

Taylin spoke next. "It's going to be okay. If you want, Twilight and I can accompany you the entire time, and we'll face Chrysalis together."

"At least, until we're all together again." Twilight put in.

Starlight felt a sense of relief and hope in her friends, as a tear in her left eye flowed down. She was really glad to have them on her side, even if things go horribly wrong on this mission. She wiped her tear away, and smiled to Team Furious and the Rainbooms. "Thank you, guys."

That is when they heard a monstrous roar in the distance. They quickly looked at what appears to look like a very small dark shadow hovering above a small section of buildings. They couldn't make out where it was located in, or what the shadow really was, but they knew they can't waste any more time talking. They've got a city and the world to save.

"Come on!" Charlie motioned everybody back to their vehicles. Before anyone could climb into their cockpits, Charlie laid out some important pointers

"Alright, first thing to remember: Our world is not the same as Equestria or Canterlot High! None of our enemies will go easy on us this time, just because we're only teenagers! They will beat you to the ground, just like the Dazzlings did to Rainbow Dash back in Canterlot City, or they will kill you, if they get the chance!" Everyone started to sweat nervously, but Charlie continued.

"Whatever you do, do NOT give them that chance whatsoever! You have to fight back with everything you've got, so NO holding back! If an innocent bystander needs saving, do so with discretion! If any of us go into battle, we will have to wear our new outfits for the start of this mission to hide our identities."

Team Furious nodded in agreement, as they concentrated on bringing back their recently-created ensembles. In a short amount of time, their street clothes transformed into different outfits they drew on paper back in Rarity's Carousel Boutique. At the same time, the Rainbooms didn't want be left out on their transformations, so they closed their eyes. Before they knew it, all seven of them "ponied up," as their clothes were changed with amazing, yet familiar attires. They were dressed in the same crystal-like outfits as they wore in Camp Everfree, after they first received their geodes. The only differences on Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy were their crystal wings, which were replaced with their normal Pegasus wings, so they can fly around easily. Team Furious thought they looked beautiful like this, when they saw Starlight's new outfit. It consisted of a purple and teal Victorian tailcoat, a slightly dark lilac silk skirt reaching to her knees, with her Cutie Mark on the right side, and no hat or beanie on her head. Starlight also has pony ears, along with her tail-like hair extension, and she was pleased with how she looked. Everyone was about to compliment each other, when they heard another roar from the city, and they quickly climbed into their cars, and their ignitions roared their engines to life. They soon stepped on their accelerator pedals, and burned rubber to the road that leads to East L.A., with Charlie leading them the way.


Back in the L.A. suburbs, a house garage opened slowly to reveal a classic, stainless steel 1982 DeLorean DMC-12, with some familiar parts installed: Time travel coils around the exterior, the Mr. Fusion device and steam vents from behind the car, and a Flux Capacitor flashing from between the interior seats, etc. This car is a replica of the fan favorite "Back to the Future" DeLorean Time Machine, with the Japanese teenager behind the wheel of the movie car replica As soon as he drove his DeLorean out of his garage, and closed the door, he started to drive onto the street towards the city.

"I can't believe they're really back, and with those girls from the 'Equestria Girls' spin off!" the teen thought. "It's amazing how they all transformed their clothes with magic, but how is that possible here? I always thought technology was the closest thing to it. And I guess there are other dimensions with life out there, isn't there?"

With that in mind, his pressed his foot down on the accelerator, and entered the city's streets.


The citizens of East Los Angeles were all in a panic, as the black shadow creature kept hovering around. It was also casting some sort of dark magic on most of the people it comes across. Some were experiencing their worst fears from their minds, while some were under mind control, with their eyes glowing green. The police force tried everything they can to help those under hallucinations, and they tried to shoot at the creature with their guns, but to no avail. Their bullets passed through the shadow's body, like it was a ghost. Soon, the mind-controlled people began to attack the frightened cops, as they can't open fire on the people they're trying to protect.

The streets were now filled with riots, as the shadow quickly flew up to a high rooftop, and it changed into a man, wearing silver armor on his torso and waist, around his neck, on the ends of his arms and legs, and with a red cape. His black hair waved around like fire, and his eyes were all green, with red irises, and purple smoke emitting from both sides. This menacing looking king is the human version of one of Equestria's infamous foes: King Sombra. The same villain, from the show, who tried to take over the Crystal Empire, as it tried to do so in the past, before being recently vanquished by the kingdom's Crystal Heart. Now, he is mysteriously revived, and looking down on the street of Los Angeles with pleasure. He was pleased that his dark magic can be used to control these strange two-legged creatures, and create massive chaos. He was just about to leave, when he heard some unusual sounds, coming from his right in the distance. Sombra saw some group of bright headlights from where the sounds were located, and hissed at the sight of them. He hid himself out of sight and waited in the shadows to find out what he is up against.

Charlie is leading his friends down the narrow streets of East Cesar E Chavez Avenue, and so far, they haven't run into any trouble. There were a lot of vehicles left abandoned on the streets, so they had to maneuver around them safely. Then, they turned South onto N Soto Street, and they could all see many people hiding inside every stores and apartment buildings, as they drove by. Any citizens left on the streets stared at the parade of passing street racers, especially at Team Furious's cars, as they made a left turn onto E 1st Street.

"I guess the people here like your cars a lot, you guys." Starlight complimented, through her McLaren's communication system

"Thanks, Starlight," Lily smiled, "but I think they're more interested in yours, too!"

What Lily said was true. As they went further down the street, the Rainbooms saw that everyone were also staring at their custom cars, and taking pictures with their smartphones. They all felt flattered of this, while Fluttershy felt a little embarrassed, but they wondered if the people of L.A. recognized them at that moment. Soon, they passed along Evergreen Cemetery, which gave an eerie feeling towards the two teams. That is when their first battle is about to happen. The purple smoke from earlier quickly hovered over them and flew towards the cemetery. Team Furious and the Rainbooms applied their brakes, to look at what was happening.

"What was that thing?!" David shouted. Nobody answered.

Then, the purple smoke started to spread and sink into the ground. Nothing was happening after that, when suddenly, the ground began to rumble, as all the pedestrians tried to hold onto something.

"An earthquake?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"No, Rainbow!" Rachael replied. "It's much worse! It's coming from that graveyard!"

"WHAT?!?!" Everyone else shouted in unison.

As if to make things clear to them, they saw rotted hands popping out from the graves. Fluttershy screamed with horror, as the bodies of living zombies started to come out, and approached towards their cars. Then, Charlie had to make a decision.

"I'm afraid we have to fight back those zombies!"

"Are you out of yer' mind, Charlie?!" Applejack shouted, nervously. "Those are zombies right there! And zombies creep me out!"

"I am NOT fighting those horrible, disgusting things!!!" Rarity screamed.

"But if we don't, everyone else on the street will get eaten and hurt!" Taylin reasoned. "We can't let that happen!"

"Let's vote on it!" Sam suggested. "Who is brave enough to fight..."

But before Sam could finish his question, Charlie burned rubber towards the gate entrance of the cemetery. He knew he had to do something.

"Charlie, wait!" Sunset yelled, chasing after him. The others followed close behind her.

"What are you, crazy?!" Rainbow chided. "You're gonna' get yourself eaten!"

"Not if we work together!" Charlie answered. "Like we did back in Camp Everfree!"

"But this is entirely different!" Fluttershy whimpered.

That is when, as he neared the entrance, Charlie braked hard and stopped in his tracks, and everyone else waited for his response. Finally, Charlie responded in a serious tone.

"You know, there are a lot of people who are afraid to face the unknown. They don't want to take chances to help someone, or risk their lives to save a life. But there are others who do the exact opposite. Why do you think that there are police officers, firemen, and other people who put their own lives at risks? Those people are real-life heroes. It's what separates the men and women from the boys and girls. And if this is something they can't handle, then someone else has got to help, and that's probably me right now." The Rainbooms suddenly felt a little guilty of themselves, for not wanting to help save lives from trouble like heroes, even from the marching zombies that are almost at the gates of the cemetary.

Charlie continued. "This isn't a one-man job, though. A hero needs support from their team or their friends, in order to push forward towards their goal. So, are you with me or not?"

"I'm in." Rachael answered firmly.

"So am I." David bravely put in.

"Count me in!" Lily happily yelled.

"We all are." Taylin added. Sam and Bobby nodded their heads. "What about you girls?"

The Rainbooms took a moment to think. Team Furious were determined to risk their lives to save the people of their world. So, what's holding them back? Is it because Earth is completely different than their home? Where everything here is that scary? They have been in serious situations before, so why should this be any different? After looking at each other, they all nodded, and replied in unison. "We're in!"

Team Furious were both happy and proud of their friends, and with no more time to lose, They all raced through the gate and into the cemetery. The zombies showed no sign of stopping, but as Charlie drove his '70 Charger closer to them, he pressed on a button on his dashboard, and two large-sized rifle-like guns popped out from both sides of the front fenders. He then fired orange plasma energy at a group of zombies, but instead of blood, guts, and body parts exploding, they each vanished in a cloud of purple smoke. Everyone was relieved of this. It was the work of dark magic that resurrected the corpses of these deceased humans.

"Whew!" Applejack sighed. "Ah'm sure glad this isn't a gory battle!"

"Well, in that case... LET 'EM HAVE IT, BOYS AND GIRLS!!!" Pinkie Pie screamed.

Rachael began by using her fire power to create fire-based weapons to burn the fleshes of some zombies entirely.

Rainbow rammed her '15 Camaro Z28 into a large group of zombies with a hard hit, using her super speed. They all flew up into the sky and disappeared.

Sam and Applejack drove together and used their abilities to jump their vehicles onto each zombie.

Many zombies were now trying to escape from the ongoing battle, but Rarity blocked off each cemetery exit with her diamond shaped shields, rounded some zombies into a corner, and Bobby finished them off with his electrical-based weapons.

Fluttershy used her geodes to communicate with nearby Earth birds, and commanded them to distract some zombies from escaping. The birds flew around the zombies, and as they tried to shoo the birds away, David shot some protonic energy at the angry corpses, evaporating them into nothing.

Pinkie Pie and Lily were having great fun pulling pranks on the remaining zombies. But, as the time came to fight back, Pinkie pulled out some cupcakes from her hair, and threw them at the zombies, causing the cupcakes to explode and melting the bodies downs, while Lily performed some incredible martial art kicks and punches, knocking out her half of zombies, and she would sometimes use her water-based magic to somehow melt them away.

Taylin, Twilight, and Starlight used many different magic spells together to counter the attacks of the zombies. Twilight used her telekinesis to freeze some of them, and Starlight and Taylin used magical blasts to defeat them.

That only left Charlie and Sunset to deal with the last of the walking dead. They decided to use their cars against them, as Sunset discovered that her '69 Mustang Boss has weapons of its own. When she flipped a switch on her dashboard, two flamethrowers emerged from the hood, while the hood blower rose a bit higher in the middle. She drove around the graveyard, throwing fire on the last half of zombies, while Charlie raced in the other direction, continuing to shoot at the other half.

At last, no more zombies were left anywhere, as the Rainbooms and Team Furious rested to catch their breaths. That is when those, who were watching from the streets, began to cheer loudly at the team of heroes. All the bystanders may not know Team Furious, but they definitely know the Rainbooms. Anyone who watched the current show of My Little Pony, as well as its spin-off, recognized them on the spot. They all cheered for them, as the girls began to feel flattered, and they waved at the citizens of Los Angeles. Team Furious understood why everyone loved the Rainbooms, instead of themselves, so they didn't envy their friends one bit.

The celebration didn't last long, when a loud roar echoed from a near distance. Everyone looked around to see where it was coming from. Then, a giant shadow with eyes rounded a corner, and drew nearer to the cemetery. Every citizen tried to escape for their lives, but the creature blocked their escape routes, and covered them with its black shadow. Team Furious and the girls watched with shock, as all the people were now under the black shadow's mind control spell, as indicated by their glowing green eyes, and neutral expressions. This all seemed familiar to them, when Rachael spoke up.

"Hey. I know that thing..."

Her friends looked at her.

"That's King Sombra!"

"King Sombra?!" Sunset, Starlight, and the rest of Team Furious shouted in unison. Then, the black shadow of King Sombra looked at the two teams with interest.

"He's the villain from Season 3," Rachael continued nervously, "and he's very bad news!"

"I've heard of him." Starlight answered.

"So did I." Sunset added. "He was a tyrannical ruler over the Crystal Empire in Equestria! He has the power to make anyone afraid of their greatest fears, and can use his gaze to control their minds, just like the Dazzlings did back in Canterlot High!"

Sombra's shadow flew over to the cemetery and landed a few feet away from them, while the now mind-controlled people walked around the surrounding area, and formed a circle around Team Furious and the Rainbooms. The shadow then disappeared to reveal King Sombra's human form. He grinned at the shocked heroes.

"Well, well. It is rather nice to know that some creatures know of my history."

Some of the Rainbooms, particularly Fluttershy, were frightened of Sombra's distorted voice, but they still stood their ground.

"Why are you here?!" Charlie growled. "Who are you working for?!"

"I work for no one!" Sombra gritted his teeth. "And I am only in this pathetic world to create a new army to take back what is rightfully mine!"

At that moment, Rachael's rage began to flare out fire from her entire body, and everyone stood back from her. She was clearly not going to let him get away with this.

"I will not let that happen!!!"

Sombra was a little surprised of this sudden fire power, but he then chuckled smugly.

"You are welcome to try and defeat me, but how are you going to fight back, when you are surrounded by those you are trying to protect?!"

He was referring to the spell-bounded citizens, who have the Rainbooms and Team Furious surrounded. He has a point of protecting the people, and they knew they can't fight them, or else they''ll risk injuring them. Then, just as Sombra's army were about to close in them, they saw the lights of another vehicle, hovering overhead, landing onto the cemetery, and approaching towards them. Everyone was very surprised to see a familiar DeLorean DMC-12 moving fast through the mind-controlled crowd, as they moved out of the way, and stopping right near the Rainbooms. Then, they heard a voice of the Japanese teenager calling to them from inside.

"Quick! Touch my car and close your eyes, now!"

Team Furious, Starlight Glimmer, and the Rainbooms were equally confused of this, but they didn't ask any questions in the situation they are in. When King Sombra was about to command his army to attack, the two teams touched the exterior of the DeLorean, and closed their eyes tightly. Then, the teen threw out some kind of flash grenade. Soon, it let out a great big flash of light, which stunned King Sombra and his minions, making them back up from the few feet away. Finally, from inside the cockpit, the teen pressed a button on the dashboard, and within a few seconds, he, Team Furious, the Rainbooms, and Starlight disappeared from sight in a blue flash. As soon as he recovered from the stun, Sombra saw that his enemies were now gone, and growled.

"Find them! Search every inch of this city!"

Sombra's minions were now scattering out of the cemetery and onto the streets to find whoever the Japanese teenager took away. Sombra then flew up to a nearby rooftop, and that's when he encountered a female individual. They were wearing a blue armored helmet, blue boots, dark blue arm sleeves, dark blue asymmetrical long skirt, and a dark purple splotch with a crescent moon on top, on both sides of the skirt. Her hair was made of purple smoke, which resemble the dark night sky, and her black wings were visibly folded on her back. This was, indeed, the human incarnation of Nightmare Moon. How she was able to gain her own body was a totally new mystery. She looked at Sombra smugly with her cat-like cyan eyes.

"So, Sombra. Having trouble with these pathetic little fools already?"

"Don't even start with me, Nightmare!" Sombra snapped. "This was just a minor setback! Something that won't happen again!"

Nightmare gave a dark chuckle. "I find that very hard to believe. But do not fret. I can find out where they have disappeared to easily. Leave this to me and stay out of my way!"

With that, she open her wings wide, and flew out towards the city, as she transformed into purple smoke again. King Sombra only snarled at Nightmare's remark, as he didn't enjoy being told what to do. He simply turned into a dark shadow and flew away.