• Published 15th Dec 2018
  • 1,749 Views, 71 Comments

Road to Harmony - Artthriller94



How will a team of street racers find their way back to their world, with the help from the Rainbooms?

  • ...
5
 71
 1,749

11: A Close Friend's Return

Dawn was finally approaching over the horizon at Camp Everfree, and yet the sunshine was still hiding behind the mountains in the distance. The dark blue sky was slowly turning pale orange, as the sun was about to rise. Meanwhile, Team Furious had rescued the Rainbooms in the mess hall, but before they could leave the camp, the Dazzlings had the building surrounded with their spell-bounded teenage army, waiting to strike. In order to escape their predicament, and their inevitable fate, the two team of friends decided to split into two offense and defense teams, and fight off their opponents without injuring them. All while trying to figure a way to remove the Dazzlings' pendants, and find out who fixed them in the first place.

Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk scanned the area for their foes, while the CHS students were looking all over the different places around Camp Everfree. So far, they all haven't found Team Furious, the girls, or Starlight and Spike, as they were hiding inside the mess hall, and underneath the windows, so as not to be seen.

"Are you sure they ended up here?" Sonata asked. "'Cause I don't see them anywhere."

"Of course they're here!" Adagio groaned. "The owners of this camp confirmed it. They're hiding in that building and we have them surrounded."

"Oh yeah?" Aria asked doubtfully. "Then why is everyone going around looking for nothing?"

Adagio looked at the students, and rolled her eyes in disgust. "Everyone, listen up!!!"

They all stopped to look at the Dazzlings, and from within the mess hall, Team Furious and the Rainbooms were ready to hear what Adagio was about to say.

"I don't know why you are trying so hard to find our enemies, when they are obviously hiding inside there!"

Adagio pointed her finger to the mess hall, and everyone turned towards it. Fluttershy began to worry, as she began to sweat.

"Oh no! They know we are in here!"

"We have to run for it." Twilight whispered. "I don't think the campground is a good place to... um... you know!"

Twilight wanted say the word "fight," but she felt uncomfortable to do so. The others understood and agreed with her. They need to get out and take their battle someplace else. But it won't be easy with the Sirens having the upper hand. So, Sunset had made her decision and sighed.

"We can't, Twilight. The Sirens has us cornered and Timber and Gloriosa might still set traps for us if we leave. We all need to face them head-on, and try to get those gems away from them."

"Does anyone have a plan on how to do it?" Starlight asked.

Everyone thought long and hard to answer, when Charlie spoke up first.

"Do you girls remember about how the Dazzlings gathered more magic back in the Battle of the Bands?"

The Rainbooms, except Starlight, all nodded at Charlie's question.

"Well, we can't battle against them too much, or they'll feed off our fighting as well. So, we need to avoid throwing our best punches and kicks, as much as possible, and only use our weapons. And if things get too serious, we'll all have to go all out using our abilities. Anyone agree on this?"

"I'm in." Rachael quickly agreed.

"So am I." Applejack nodded. "Just as long as nobody gets hurt."

"I-I guess I can do it, too." Fluttershy whispered.

"Oh boy, this is gonna' be epic!" Lily grinned.

"Well, I guess it's unanimous, guys." Sunset spoke up. "We're all in this together."

"Wait, guys." Spike interrupted. "What about Vinyl? Do you think she's gonna' bring help?""

"Spike, I need you to go by the camp's entrance, and look out for her, in case she brings any help." Twilight answered. "Do you think you can do that?"

"Of course! You can count on me!"

Spike ran towards the back door of the mess hall, and quickly made his way towards the dirt road out of camp, without being spotted. Suddenly, the Rainbooms heard the sound of the doors pounding outside. The CHS students began on trying to enter the building, and Adagio called out to her prey.

"We know that you girls are inside with your new companions! There is no other way out, since we all have you cornered. So, if you would all come out and surrender peacefully, we will consider on giving you a "fair" punishment!" Aria and Sonata snickered at that comment.

At that point, Rachael got up from the floor, and walked angrily towards the front double doors.

"Rachael," Bobby whispered nervously, "what are you doing?!"

Rachael said nothing as she gazed at the banging doors, when she bent slightly down in a pre-running pose, as if she is about to jump at her enemies, ready to strike. That is when Rainbow Dash realized what her friend is about to do, and smirked at that thought.

"I think I know what she's going to do."

"What is she gonna' do, Rainbow?" Applejack asked.

Her answer came sooner than expected, when the doors finally flew open by Bulk Biceps and Sandalwood. But before they could fully enter, they were quickly blinded by bright light, and were pushed back five feet away by the front bumper of a certain red and white Plymouth Fury. The two boys fell to the ground hard, inches away from the Dazzlings' boots, who were stunned by the attack of the unfamiliar vintage car. Even the Rainbooms, excluding Team Furious and Rainbow, were shocked by this spectacle they have just witnessed, until Rachael placed her car back into storage in her left arm.

"Uh, never mind." Applejack said meekly.

Fortunately, Sandalwood and Bulk Biceps weren't badly hurt, as they slowly stood back up, but as soon as they saw Rachael walking out the mess hall, and giving a devilish look at them, they fearfully hid behind the camp's totem pole. The Dazzlings were now upset of this, and they saw the opportunity to attack.

"You want to do this the hard way?!" Adagio called out to Rachael. She then summoned her Siren form out of her gem, and gave a hard glare at her opponent. Aria and Sonata copied her move. "Then have it your way!"

The rest of Team Furious walked out and stood bravely by Rachael's side. They were about to face their first battle against the Sirens and their army.

"Take your best shot!" Rachael replied out loud.

"We're not gonna' let you sirens win!" Sam added.

"Because if you meanies think you're going to hurt our friends, think again!" Lily cried out.

"And just so you know, we've come from a lot tougher streets than the ones you're used to!" Bobby called out.

The girls were listening to Team Furious courageously talking to the Dazzlings outside, and they all started to feel inspired. They should be out there with them, to help save their school, and all the students from the Sirens' spell. So, the girls walked out of the mess hall, stood behind their friends, and gazed at the Dazzlings. But Adagio, Aria, and Sonata weren't flinching one bit. They knew that when everyone fights against each other, their gems collects the negativity of anyone's arguing and fighting.

"I don't know about your friends, but I think you girls have forgotten about our pendants, and what they can do?"

"We haven't." Sunset growled.

"Well then," Aria shouted, "how about we give you a little reminder?!"

The siren forms of the Dazzlings rose up to 10 feet in the air, and began to shriek loudly toward the Rainbooms and Team Furious, but they all covered their ears quickly.

"Rarity! Shield!" Twilight shouted to her friend. Rarity used her geode necklace to make a diamond shield, and the shrieks of the Sirens couldn't penetrate through. The Dazzlings then ordered the CHS students to break through Rarity's shield. They all started to pound and kick the barrier, but it proved to be strong and resistant.

"I don't think I can hold it much longer, fellows!" Rarity cried out.

Then, Bobby approached the shield, placed his hand on it, and there was electricity surrounding the whole dome. Bobby's ability to use the element of electricity could help their predicament. From the outside, everyone saw the electricity appearing, and backed away from it. The Dazzlings were shocked to see this, as well, but they couldn't let anything surprise them.

"Rarity, can you make your shield explode?" Bobby asked.

Rarity nodded, and she pushed her left hand forward, and the electric barrier exploded violently. The students, and the Dazzlings, were quickly pushed back from the explosion, and they all fell to the ground six to eight feet away. No one was badly hurt, as Team Furious and the Rainbooms expected, and they all cheered in excitement.

"That... was... AWESOME!!!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"WAHOOOO!!!" Pinkie cheered loudly. Then she sighed. "Well, that was easy!"

But, as the CHS students regained consciousness, the Dazzlings stood back up, and gave their enemies angry expressions.

"But it isn't over." Starlight pointed out.

"That was very impressive," Adagio sneered, "but you'll have to do better than that!"

The Dazzlings summoned back their three siren forms, and they dived at their prey. As they were about to pounce on the girls, Charlie created two pistols using his mind and hands, and he opened fire at the snarling sirens. But, instead of shooting bullets, the two pistols shot out flaming plasma energy. The sirens were gone, but the battle was far from over, as the Dazzlings' army walked angrily toward the two teams. Team Furious and the Rainbooms backed up slowly, but they didn't show any nervousness on their faces. They all looked at each other and they knew what must be done. They each formed a fighting stance and charged forward.

Over the next few minutes, the students of CHS attacked the two teams, as Team Furious focused on using their weapons to push their opponents away, while the Rainbooms used their geodes to their advantages, and to protect their friends. It wasn't easy for both of them, since the only way to defeat them was to not cause any injuries. Starlight did the best she can to use her advanced knowledge of magic to aid in her friends battles. Soon, everyone was tired and panting for breath, while the Dazzlings slowly walked up to the tiring heroes.

"Ha, ha!" Sonata laughed rudely. "You guys aren't as good as we thought!"

"For once, I agree with her!" Aria crossed her arms in agreement.

"Would you like to try that again, or would you risk hurting your friends?" Adagio smirked in triumph, as she snapped her fingers.

Before Team Furious or the Rainbooms could answer, they all screamed in surprise, as they were suddenly wrapped and captured in roots. As they struggled to break free, they heard the laughter of the Dazzlings. The two team of friends glared at them harshly, when Adagio raised her hands in mid air.

"Don't look at us. You can thank [/]Gloriosa for your inevitable capture."

Then, Gloriosa and Timber walked out of the forest, and stood by the Dazzlings.

"Oh, don't you worry your pretty little heads." Gloriosa smirked. "I'm sure we can give you troublemakers a proper lesson of what happens to anyone who crosses our paths."

"You may have gotten us all tangled up," Rainbow declared bravely, "but I'm pretty sure someone will come and save us!"

"And who do you think is coming to help you?" Timber taunted. "No one else knows you're here!"

That is when everyone in the camp heard the sounds of two engines roaring near the camp entrance. They all turned their heads towards the sounds, and roaring into camp was Vinyl Scratch, in her white and blue convertible. She approached towards them with her music blasting out of her speakers, then parked her convertible within a few feet away from the crowd. Without a second to lose, Vinyl transformed her vehicle into the same DJ station she used in the Battle of the Bands.

"That girl thinks she can save them?" Adagio teased. "With a little DJ music?!"

Soon, the Dazzlings and their minions were all laughing at Vinyl, but she didn't even show a sign of frustration or embarrassment. In fact, she simply just smirked at them. Aria was the first to notice this.

"Hey, what are you smiling about?! Don't you know we have you surrounded?!"

Vinyl didn't answered, as the army of students slowly approached her convertable. Suddenly, when Vinyl played a catchy pop song, a bright orange, Bomex body-kitted 1994 Toyota Supra Aerotop drifted into view, and drove toward everyone. Next, the Supra's headlights flashed a bright light on the students, which somehow froze them, as well as the Dazzlings, Timber, and Gloriosa, right in their tracks without proper warning. The Rainbooms couldn't believe what they are seeing, but Team Furious were the ones who were shocked most of all. They recognized that car, as well as its driver, as it stopped right near them.

"Is... is that...?" Lily spluttered.

""It can't be." Rachael denied. "She said she'd be gone for months!"

"What? Who is that, guys?" Twilight asked.

To answer her question, Spike popped out of the side window of the car.

"Spike!" The Rainbooms shouted with joy and in unison.

"Hi, girls!" Spike greeted. "Guess who DJ Pon-3 brought along! She found them near the school's statue, and she appears to be one of them!"

The driver stepped out of the Supra, and they appear to be a girl with long, flowing black hair with bangs. She is wearing medium sized, oval shaped eyeglasses, and wearing a purple sleeveless top, with a dark gray shirt underneath, dark blue skirt, and black boots.

"Taylin!" Team Furious exclaimed in unison.

"Guys!" Taylin responded.

The girl's name is Taylin Amity, a very close friend to Team Furious from Los Angeles. She wasn't an official member of the team yet, but Charlie had replicated the Supra to look like the iconic JDM tuner from the first film of the Fast & Furious movies, and gave her the keys to it. Three weeks before the team had been teleported to Canterlot High, Taylin had said that she was going to England to study abroad, and that it would take her months before she would come home, but she still remained in contact with her friends via email and by phone. How she ended up in Canterlot High was a whole new story. She rushed toward her friends, and with a fast wave of her left hand, the roots were sliced off, and Team Furious and the Rainbooms were free.

"Wow," Taylin gasped, "I didn't know I can do that here!" She rushed to her L.A. friends. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're alright." David confirmed.

Then, Taylin looked at the Rainbooms and started to squeal with joy. "I can't believe you girls are real! I am such a huge fan of yours! My name is Taylin Amity!"

Sunset chuckled. "Well, Taylin, I'm Sunset Shimmer, and I guess you know my friends here, too."

"I do. I have seen you girls on TV, and I..."

"Whoa, whoa, easy there, Taylin." Charlie interrupted and chuckled. "You're starting to sound like Lily."

"Oh, right. Sorry." Everyone gave a nervous chuckle. Charlie told Taylin that he will explain everything to her, right after they all deal with the situation at hand. They saw that the freezing spell only lasted for a few minutes, as the Dazzlings, Gloriosa and Timber, and the CHS students, slowly moved their hands and feet.

"Well, I think we should leave this place right now!" Taylin suggested nervously.

"We can't, Taylin!" Sam replied. "Not until we get rid of those gems around their necks!"

"So that was your plan all along?" Adagio questioned. "To find out how we got our pendants back and destroy them?"

None of the Rainbooms, or Team Furious, answered her question. They didn't want to give out too much information, so they only glared at them. Sunset, However, wanted to know one thing.

"Who fixed those things?!"

Instead of a reply, the Dazzlings only laughed, and so did the students. Apparently, they didn't want to spill the beans, either.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Sonata teased.

"Do you honestly think we're going to let you all in on our mission, Sunset?" Adagio asked. "We didn't come all this way just to give you any piece of information, and let you ruin things here and now."

"You don't have to!" Starlight shouted.

Everyone looked at her, wondering what she meant. Knowing that she can use complex magic with her hands, Starlight closed her eyes, raised her right hand towards the sky, and as soon as she pointed her index finger at the Dazzlings, the tip of Starlight's finger glowed green, and there was a green rift-like display floating in front of them, showing the Dazzlings communicating at a computer screen in a room. Adagio, Aria, and Sonata were stunned to see this happening, and they didn't see Lily whispering in Taylin's ear, who then used her left hand to secretly freeze the Dazzlings, the CHS students, Timber, and Gloriosa. That is when the Dazzlings tried to remove the display from sight, but now realized they couldn't move, or speak. Then, everyone heard the Dazzlings, inside the display, talking to the figure in the computer screen, who is Queen Chrysalis in human form. Even Vinyl Scratch walked up to her friends to get a closer look.

"So, you're saying that this Los Angeles place is entirely different than this world we're in, and where it doesn't have any magic, whatsoever?" Adagio asked Chrysalis.

"Exactly." Chrysalis responded. "It is the perfect place for building a new army of slaves. However, there are a certain group of humans that can hinder our plans on conquering this world they call Earth. During the time we have been here, I have discovered this team of street racers, who seemed like they represent the bearers of the Elements of Harmony in Equestria."

Team Furious and the Rainbooms have been listening carefully to what she said, but what they didn't understand is Chrysalis's use of the word "we." Could that mean that she is not alone in Los Angeles right now? Who could they be? And how can Team Furious represent the Elements of Harmony? They continued to listen to their conversation carefully.

"Riiiiight." Aria rolled her eyes in disbelief. "And how is that possible, if there is no magic there?"

"Even I am not entirely sure of it," Chrysalis admitted, "but we cannot overlook on this little fact. They could prove to be of a nuisance, if they ever return, which you three must make sure that never occurs! I simply hope you will comply, since I have restored your pendants, with a few improvements."

"Oh, of course not!" Adagio smirked, holding her pendant in hand. "With these by our side again, we are in your service."

The last thing they all heard was the evil laughter of the Dazzlings and Chrysalis, as the display slowly dissapeared. That left the Rainbooms, Spike, Starlight, Taylin, and Team Furious dumbstruck and shocked. It was Queen Chrysalis who repaired the gems for the Sirens, and who is planning to conquer Earth, as they speak. Then, Starlight and Sunset walked up to the Dazzlings, who were still frozen and unable to speak. They forcefully grabbed their pendants from them, and walked back to their friends.

"Okay, Taylin." Starlight spoke kindly. "You can unfreeze them now."

"Um... okay."

Taylin was unsure if it was safe to let the enemy go, but she motioned her left hand to cut the freezing spell anyway, and soon, they were all free to move. The Dazzlings were now without their gems again, and as they were about to command their mind-controlled slaves to attack, they heard gunshots from Charlie, who completely destroyed their pendants to nothing. That is how the CHS students, Gloriosa, and Timber, as well as anyone back in Canterlot City, were all free from the mind-control spell of the Sirens. They were all dizzy from the spell, and then, Gloriosa began to speak.

"Huh? Wh-what... happened?" Gloriosa looked around the camp, seeing everyone wondering the same thing. "Why is everybody from CHS here?"

Timber was next to ask. "Yeah. Are you guys here for camp again? I don't remember scheduling for activities this month." The CHS students all reply "no" to Timber, and they didn't even know what happened to them. That is when Sunset Shimmer shouted out loud.

"Everyone! We know what is going on around here, and it's because of them!" Sunset pointed her finger to the Dazzlings, who then ran away in disgrace. But suddenly, a link of burning chains wrapped around their bodies, and were pulled back towards Team Furious. The chains didn't burn them, but they could see that it was Charlie's doing. The Rainbooms, the students, even the rest of Team Furious, were all surprised to see him pulling the chains. He slowly walked up to the Dazzlings.

"I just want to say one thing." Charlie growled at the frightened Dazzlings, as they could see the fire literally burning in his eyes. "If you three EVER try to control anyone's minds again, or hurt anyone, you'll be hearing from ME!!!" Charlie's voice roared with great volume, and as soon as he released the Dazzlings from the chains, they screamed with fright and ran off into the woods. Charlie calmed himself down, and the fire in his eyes dissipated, reverting back to normal. He then heard his friends cheering with great joy.

"Way to go, Charlie!" Lily cheered. "You sure told them!"

"Yeah, you scared the pants off them!" Sam laughed.

Soon, everyone clapped and applauded to Team Furious, and the Rainbooms soon gathered around them with big smiles on their faces.

"That was very unexpected, Charlie!" Taylin concurred. "The way you made those chains wrap around those girls. Why, that is like.. like..."

"Kinda' like what the Ghost Rider does." Rachael smiled. "I had no idea you can use his powers."

"Well, I just used my imagination to copy the same powers the Robbie Reyes version of the Ghost Rider has." Charlie explained. "It's no big deal."

The Rainbooms were confused of the name Ghost Rider. They have never heard such a thing.

"Who is this... Ghost Rider, Charlie?" Sunset asked.

"Are they really an evil... g-g-g-ghost?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"Not exactly, Fluttershy." Charlie chuckled. He then pulled up a holographic screen from his left arm, and went to the inventory menu. Taylin was surprised that her friends can do such an amazing ability, as she tapped on her left wrist, and a light grayish screen popped up. Charlie pressed on a picture of a comic book, and it materialized in front of him. He then show it to the Rainbooms, and Sunset held it in her hand, and said the title name.

"Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider?"

The art cover of the comic book showed the front of a black 1969 Dodge Charger, with fire coming off the tires and hood blower, and an angry man with a flaming skeleton head on top of the hood, holding a link of burning chains. The Rainbooms were all a little wary of this menacing looking character, but Charlie reassured them that he is a comic book hero, even though he is considered an anti-hero.

"He is also called the Spirit of Vengeance, and I guess you could say that he does look scary at first, but he only uses his powers to help those in need of saving."

"And... you wanted to become like him?" Rarity questioned. "Doesn't that seem a little... um... dark?"

"Well... I guess it is, but I don't plan on using the Ghost Rider's powers too often, unless in dire situations, and I will only use the chains to help us out of trouble."

Everyone around camp sighed with relief. Then, the light from the sun began to rise over the mountains in the distance. Morning had already begun, and yet no one felt tired after the whole night.

"Well, I am so happy that everyone is alright," Gloriosa announced cheerfully, "but I believe that you all need to get back home, before each of your guardians finds out that you're missing! But first, the camp need some cleaning." Everyone agreed with her, as they all started to do so.


After a few moments of cleaning up the camp, Twilight approached towards Timber, who was really happy to see her again.

"I'm so glad you're back to your normal self again."

"Yeah, so am I." Timber chuckled. "And it's a good thing I didn't hurt you, or your friends. It would've been a total disaster."

"And you didn't mean what you said in the mess hall, about being enemies, right?"

"Hey, I was under a spell when I said that. I don't want us to be enemies forever. Because I care about you."

At that moment, Twilight gave a blushing smile on her face.

"So do I."

She was so grateful to have such a caring friend like him, even though her friends secretly knew that they were in love as boyfriend and girlfriend. Twilight and Timber stood together for a few minutes, and soon, they said their goodbyes for now, and Twilight walked back to her friends, who gave her a teasing glance.

"Well, well, well," Rainbow smirked, "someone looks like they are..."

But Twilight raised her hand and interrupted. "I know what you girls are thinking, but we're still friends, alright?"

Twilight wouldn't want to admit it to them yet, so her friends respectfully acknowledged her opinion, and winked. She then looked at Taylin, who was talking to Charlie. Twilight wanted to know if Taylin is, somehow, her counterpart from another world, just like how Pinkie Pie said that Team Furious are the Rainbooms' counterparts when they first arrived.

"Um... will you girls excuse me for a second?" She started to walk towards Taylin.

"... and that's how we got our new powers and abilities." Charlie had just finished explaining to Taylin of the events that happened before she arrived to camp. Taylin understood what he had said, when she saw Twilight coming up to her, and gave a smile at her.

"Hi, Twilight."

"Hi, Taylin." Twilight greeted back. "I... wanted to ask you something. Did you used to have no friends all at, before you met Charlie and his friends?"

Upon hearing that question, Taylin looked down on the ground. "Yeah, I used to. Before I met my friends, I didn't want to spend time with anyone, during my high school freshman years. I've always thought that studying came first before socializing. But then, some bullies started picking on me, and I was trying to ignore them. One of them wanted to start a fight with me, but before they could, Charlie stepped in front of me, and he took the hit for me. Charlie got back up, looked at those bullies, and he kicked one of them in the chin with his foot, knocking them cold. He then told the bullies that if they ever pick a fight with me again, he'll do the same to them, which scared them a lot. I was shocked that somebody I didn't know would sacrifice themselves, and go through the trouble, for someone so weak. Of course, Charlie got suspended from school for two months, and when he came back, I asked him why he protected me. He told that it was worth it. He had a father, who was injured by a burglar that broke into his home, and he used his dad's rifle to shoot them in the leg, and he quickly took away any weapons they carried. Charlie's dad wasn't murdered, but the doctors said that he had serious injuries on his right arm. He then told his son to always help those in need of saving, even to those who don't know him. I was grateful to him after that, but I still didn't know anything about making friends. So, he introduced me to his friends, who welcomed me with open arms. They taught me everything I need to know about friendship. Which come to think of it, I kinda' went through the same thing that you, and Princess Twilight, went through."

Twilight's eye were widened with wonder after listening to Taylin's life story. She really is her counterpart, minus the part about the bullies and the fighting. The Rainbooms had heard the whole thing and they also were stunned. Perhaps the real world isn't as different as Equestria, or Canterlot High, as they thought.

"I guess that you and I have a lot in common, Twilight. We like studying science, we have such good friends, and we both wear glasses."

That is when Twilight laughed at that comment. "Yeah. I guess we do."

As Taylin and Twilight spent a few moments talking about their lives, Charlie and Sunset knew that the two girls will get along just fine, and that they would continue to learn more about friendship than ever before. They may have different experiences in their lives, but one thing is for sure: the magic of friendship is everywhere, regardless of whether other worlds have magic or not.

Author's Note:

For those of you who don't know about Taylin Amity, she is my new original character for Team Furious. Now that the Dazzlings are defeated, for now, they learn that Queen Chrysalis isn't the only one who ended up in Los Angeles. How will our heroes find a way to find out who they are? And whatever happened to their home, during the time they have been away? Stay tuned for more!