• Published 29th Jul 2021
  • 325 Views, 1 Comments

Apollo, Prince of the Moon - Heroes_R_Canon



A world without Celestia, a sister left alone to rule, and something quite unsuspected falls from the sky

  • ...
 1
 325

Prologue

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone, I've I'm now able to give you all the chance of a new story. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy this story as I do. Now if ya want leave any comments and questions down below or if i caught something I might've missed in its production. This was proofread by a pal on dscord. Until next time, have a good day.

A long time ago in the land of Equestria there were two princesses, princesses of the sun and of the moon. The eldest sister Celestia raises the sun with her magic to bring forth the day, shining hope and light upon them. The youngest sister Luna brings upon the night sky bringing the stars and moon to light the darkness. Together they ruled and protected their little ponies from harm. However one day the eldest sister grew rather arrogant as she received praise and glory.
One day when it came for the day to end Celestia refused to lower the sun, when Luna tried to plead with her to end the day the eldest took it as a challenge. Right there and then with rage and pride swelling up within her she transformed into a wicked and powerful mare, DAYBREAKER. Having no other choice Luna had to fight her sister to bring balance to their kingdom before it was too late... -
In the middle of a large terrifying forest, where beasts of unknown and unruly magic dwell is a great stone castle proudly standing amongst the chaos. However something isn’t quite right as the sun starts getting brighter and hotter than it needs to be making it unbearable for those living on the land. As the sun burned brightly two figures raced across the sky. One being the princess of the night and her fallen sister Daybreaker.

With Daybreaker flying ahead she tries her best to avoid her sister’s magical blasts being summoned by her horn. With swift speed and grace none of Luna’s blasts hit, as for the wicked mare in question she managed to get behind her former sister. Flying around this degraded castle as if playing a deadly game of tag it was Daybreaker’s turn to strike. Firing upon the younger sister she held off her attack and felt it necessary to close the distance between her and luna. Gaining in on the younger princess the wicked mare parted her muzzle and shot out a stream of burning fire, fortunately it grazed her right wing as the feathers are now scorched. As Luna tries her best to level herself despite her singed wing this gives Daybreaker her chance, charging her horned she sends a magical blast and shoots the Lunar princess out of the sky.

Luna starts plummeting towards the castle below, getting closer towards her demise. Eventually the more peaceful being breaks through the roof and lands on the hard floor. With debris and dust clouding the impact it makes it hard to see what has become of the fallen princess. From the settling dust a series of soft coughs

Straining to rise, Luna picks herself off the ground. “I tried..I tried to reason with you.” lifting her head up slightly. “I just wanted to bring you back...to give you a chance to come back. I guess I have no choice but to use them.”
Using her magic the floor in front of her opens up and from below rises a unique five armed pedestal. Upon each of its arms lay five stones. Focusing her magic in the stones, from them came a handful of six magical artifacts. With these artifacts surrounding her she spreads out her wings but, aware that one of them is damaged, the best she could do was endure. Doing her best Luna takes off and flies towards the hole in the roof to face her sister once more. Upon seeing Daybreaker, Luna halts her advance.
Daybreaker notices her presence and sneers.

“C’mon sister, admit there is no way you can beat me for my sun shines and burns brighter than your pathetic night!”
However the younger sister never responded as she looked up to her with sorrowful eyes and soon after activated the stones as they flowed brightly humming with pure energy.

“Goodbye Celestia, my sister.” With a heavy heart she focuses all her alicorn magic as she with the power of the stones and blasts her sister to kingdom come, as this was happening everything started becoming painfully bright until...……!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jumping out of her sheets, Luna wakes up startled as sweat covers her brow. Looking around with anxious eyes she relieved that it was merely a dream or rather yet something worse than a nightmare. “To think after all these years this feeling never goes away.” Sitting up on her haunches she gets up and walks over to the window as it shows her peaceful night, the stars dotting the sky, and her moon that brightens the path of her slumbering ponies. Yet it isn’t enough to soothe the ache in her heart.
“Perhaps I’ll taketh a stroll in the night to ease our mind.”

Getting out of her covers princess Luna opens the door to the main hall and trots her way to the royal gardens. As she trots along the marble floors of the hall she passes by a few guards at their posts. Each of which would keep their stance even more rigid as soon as they saw her trot along. She does what they could at ease when they acknowledge her presence. Eventually after reaching a set of large doors the guards there as if reading her begin to open the doors. After working there for several years they and their brethren learned of the princesses night flying. She goes on her way to the royal garden but only after giving them a silent thanks. They nod back as they watch her leave their line of sight shortly after they begin to close the doors. Finally freed of the walls of the castle walls she spreads her wings far and wide. With a single flap of her wings the princess of the night takes off into the endless sky leaving her home far behind. Feeling the cold crisp air nipping at her coat she begins to feel more at ease, though Luna kept pondering about the nightmare from long ago.

‘Pull yourself together Luna, you did what must be done. Even if it meant....sending her away.’ Subduing her thoughts she goes even farther, faster as if she’s trying to run or in this fly from something that’s always been by her somethings. Feelings that she hides from her ponies and from even herself. The young princess found herself looking up towards her night sky, to think long ago she was envious of her sister’s sun. Now all she wanted was to go back to the times that they ruled together. Though something unusual caught her eye. In the distance one of the stars in the night felt odd. It seems to be more than what it seems; using her magic she attempted to probe it but to the surprise of the alicorn it couldn’t be grasped by magic. Even if she tried again the star wouldn't yield, it was if it had a will of its own simply resisting the magic or worse. Perhaps it was a star from her skies.

Suddenly the star that ignored her show of might seemed to enlarge itself. “T-This can’t be right, it should be under my control. Stars bow under my whim and yet one seems to defy it all. Besides that this is beginning to worry us- I mean me.” Luna was right to have herself worried. Even though she may have sounded arrogant with some pride mixed in, something was clearly off here. ‘Another to add was that the star seemed to enlarge itself at the moment, stars shouldn’t be able to do that. The only means of its change in size was that…!’ Luna quickly directed her sights back onto the star. Just as she feared, when she was lost in thought not only did the star alter in size but now its spot in the sky was off. ‘It’s not growing, its falling!!’

Comments ( 1 )

Hmm, seems interesting. Can’t wait to read what’s next!

The Human Commentator

Login or register to comment