• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,407 Views, 79 Comments

Twilight, Mare of Power - Banops



Finally a way to end all of Celestia's problems.

  • ...
6
 79
 2,407

Lucy

I drifted into consciousness. My eyes fluttered open, white tile floor coming into view. Where was I? Let me think, last thing I can remember… oh… no. I remembered what had just happened. I felt the burden of it wash over me. My student, my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, she’s… I felt my throat grow sore and tears form in my eyes.

“Its all my fault…” I said to her body lying in the chair. Except her body wasn’t in the chair. No, she was sitting on the floor next to me, facing away. She was breathing. She was alive!

How could this be possible? A moment ago, her body didn’t contain a trace of life.

I didn’t care though, and I jumped up on all fours and pounced at twilight, trying to embrace her in a protective hug.

“YOUR ALIVE!” I screamed soaring through the air, tears of mourning immediately replaced by tears of joy.


It didn’t last long though. Instead of crashing into twilight in an embrace I was picked up by a force, similar to a magical force but yet somehow different. I saw Twilights entire body glowing, encased in a red sheen. This was unlike any power I had seen. It didn’t stem from her horn; rather it seemed to flow out from every inch of her skin.

The force that picked me up out of the air then slammed me into the ground and kept me pinned there. Twilight turned her head around to face me… with out moving her body!!! Her head sat on her body twisted 180 degrees. She stared at me for a moment.

Her face still looked as dead as it had been before I lost consciousness. What happened to you Twi?

“You can let me go Twi, everything’s alright now.” I manage to roll out of my mouth.

She didn’t open her mouth but yet a voice came out of her, an unnatural voice that sounded like it used to be Twilight’s but with several other pitches blended in. This gave it a very sinister sound.

“Twi? You pathetic three dimensional creature.” The voice of nightmares spoke. “If you are referring to your friend whose body I’ve commandeered than you are sorely mistaken. Ah it’s too bad she took her magic with her when she died, she had quite a bit of it. And I kinda like your kinds magic. Guess I’ll just have to use my own magic.” She said pushing my head into the ground harder.

“oo are oo en?” with my head pressed against the floor I spoke only in vowels.

She eased up on my head just enough so that I could speak. I repeated my question.

“Who are you then?” I said, this time I was able to annunciate each word.

“Ah, a curious question. And I don’t get many questions. Hmm, yes a name… what is my name?” she said pondering her own question. “I guess technically my name is” she said something for her name but it was like my mind wouldn’t register the noise that came out of her. “Oh but the last species I dealt with usually just called me Lucy” She gave a large grin, and the rest of her body twisted around to face me as well. She trotted over towards me half clumsily. “Blast! How do all of you manage to get around without feet? I prefer the bodies of the dumb hairless talking monkeys to your horse like body. Oh well.”

Her expression changed to one of excitement. She had a maniacal look on her face.

“Well if you don’t mind, I have your species to terminate…”

I could see long tentacles poking their way through twilights back.

“What the hell are you.” I asked in terror.

She didn’t answer me; instead she appeared over me resting a black leathery tentacle on my back.

“Ooh very curious indeed.” She said. She seemed to be struggling with something. “Something pure still lives in you. Blast! I was really going to enjoy consuming you. Looks like you get a free pass for now.” She looked disgusted after she said that.

And then… She was gone. Twi’s body just vanished. She didn’t leave a trace of magic, she didn’t explode into a magical time rift, just gone. The grip that had been holding me down disappeared as well. I staggered to my feet.

After a bit of time and some contemplation I felt a new sensation. It was as if part of my mind had been asleep and then woken up. This part of me felt alien. What could it be? And then I knew, somehow I knew with out anypony telling me. It was Twilight Sparkle. She was in my mind.

Except that wasn’t quite right either. She wasn’t IN my mind she was PART of it.