• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,407 Views, 79 Comments

Twilight, Mare of Power - Banops



Finally a way to end all of Celestia's problems.

  • ...
6
 79
 2,407

Paternity

“You are worthless, you are a failure, nothing you do will ever be enough for me. Go. Leave this space at once. You are completely useless. ”

Why… Why… would he do this to me. I… he…

“But father, I can be powerful, I promise, Just give me a chan…..”

“I said LEAVE THIS SPACE AT ONCE, and do not return. You have no power. You are nothing to me. You are not worthy to be my only son!!!” father said, and then cast me out of the void, and into the universe.

The cold, dark, unforgiving universe.

My father hated me. I was nothing…

… … …

NO! I will prove myself to him. I am not useless,

I am powerful…

I am worthy to be his son.

And I am willing to kill everything else to prove it, because if I wasn’t, then what kind of son would I be. My name is [error] and my dad will cherish me, even if I have to prove myself to him!


***


There were trillions upon trillions of sentient souls, souls waiting to be captured. Waiting to serve their master, waiting to worship, to sing hymns in their master’s glorious name.

There were the winged bat creatures from the Far Reaches, their fangs sharp, their wings enormous in span. They were unintelligent. They would not impress father.

There were the behemoth warlords, the four-legged mammoth like creatures from the Great Expanse. There muscled physique and intimidating presence made them look powerful. They weren’t. They were unintelligent. They would not impress father.

There were many more of these fantastic looking creatures, all of them unique and different from the last, I killed most of them, and those I didn’t kill, I consumed and forced into my army. An army of souls.

And then there were the hairless monkey creatures from the Great White Spiral. These were the real prize. They were easily corruptible, making them easy to consume and force into my slavery, but they were intelligent, far more so than any of the hundreds of thousands of other intelligent life forms I had come into contact with. They proved time consuming, taking just over two and a half cycles to conquer.

They would impress father.

Finally… a chance to win his respect.

I would rip open an entrance to the void and show my self to father. I would scream at him “LOOK FATHER, LOOK AT WHAT I’VE ACCOMPLISHED FOR YOU!!!!” and he would love me, finally, and all would be good.

***

I prepared my self for the entry into the dark oblivion. I concentrated all of my power into one focused part of my essence (being an entity with no real body means I don’t have a special place to focus my power.)

I let my power flow forth into a star. The star exploded tearing a gap into the void.

My home…

My home sweet home…

“FATHER!” I shouted into the abyss.

His essence was everywhere in the void. I could sense him.

“I AM HERE TO WIN YOUR AFFECTION!”

There was nothing, no response. Had he left? Where did he go? But that could not be right, as I definitely felt him everywhere in the void.

Yet he did not speak back to me.

“SPEAK! SPEAK TO ME FATHER, FOR I AM YOUR SON!”

Still no reply.

Maybe, I thought to my self with disappointment, maybe these souls aren’t enough. If I could just find the souls of race worthy of his affection.

As if he could read my thought (which I wouldn’t put that past him) he finally spoke up.

“You dare return! What did I tell you before? Do you honestly think you can impress me with these… these three dimensional abominations.”

He wasn’t impressed. I was devastated. If I could just make him see how much I wanted him to be my father, if he could just realize how hard I was trying to earn his respect, his love. I know if I could just do this, then he would accept me. He would allow me to stay by his side. I would be in my rightful place by his side as Son of the Abyss.

“Father, please, just hear me out!” I pleaded

“Silence you insignificant worm, and be gone with ye!!!” he bellowed, and then banished me, a second time, from my home.

Back into the universe, the cold, unforgiving universe.

And so again I set out to conquer a world that would appease my father. But I couldn’t just settle with any world. I had to find one good enough for him.

I so longed to embrace him, and I was going to make it happen. Now just to find the right world to conquer…

***

What’s this? I felt a force come over me… a force… it’s… similar to mine. No it was almost identical to mine. And it came from a star not too far away.

The force, it was more powerful than any of the other life forms I had met.

It was power, raw untamed power and it beckoned me. This was it for sure. Finally beings powerful enough to impress my mighty father.


***

The blasted runts weren’t worth the effort, I let them run, and besides I needed to focus on absorbing this unicorn’s power. I took care not to hit anything vital when I impaled her on my essence. She was unconscious. Just how I needed her, too, because with her I could study my new enemy, and figure out why it was so blasted difficult to absorb the creatures in this world.

That was among the many things that seemed strange about this world. First, my colossal power had been severely dampened the second I came with in destruction range, as if this planet generated its own magical force field. Then there was that purple pony who’s body I was currently using, it was almost as if she had enough power to become a higher dimensional being, like me. That’s what they were doing in there, making her into someone like me. Right?

So much confusion, this made my head hurt. It was strange getting headaches, or really just feeling pain, again. It had been so long since I felt anything.

“Run for the window, run for the window, I’m an evil monster." I mocked the dying pony that lay in front of me. Ponies… with magic, the universe sure did have a sense of humor.

I marveled at how easy it was for me to squeeze the last few breaths out of the pathetic pony. I was a little surprised when he managed to break free of my grip for second and rush at me. That didn’t last long though, and now he was dead, the spark of life long gone.

Like I said, sense of humor.