• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,407 Views, 79 Comments

Twilight, Mare of Power - Banops



Finally a way to end all of Celestia's problems.

  • ...
6
 79
 2,407

Convergence

Ponies always ask me if I know Princess Celestia.

I am Twilight Sparkle. I’m not much to look at, I’m not really that good with magic either. But for some reason my teacher seems to think I am the best thing ever. My mentor, my beautiful, majestic, intelligent, all knowing, all seeing mentor, believes in me, just one individual. I’m just a regular bookworm Unicorn, yet she sees something in me that I’ve never seen in myself. And do you know what the best part is? My mentor just so happens to be the princess of the day. That’s right, Princess Celestia the most powerful being ever to live is my mentor. She is the kindest, most loving pony I’ve ever met, and she chose ME. She’s been like a second mother to me (although I haven’t talked to my real parents much since I moved to Ponyville.)

I can just remember the day we became attatched. The day She took me under her figurative wing.

***

I was just about to blow it. I’ve never shown my incompetence as a unicorn as much as I had the day I took my magical entrance exam.

I’d been studying so hard. That didn’t matter. That dragon egg they used for the exam must have been a fake. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get the darned thing to hatch. I had read a book before the test telling me exactly how to hatch eggs that were ready to be hatched, but that didn’t help at all. I can still feel the judgmental eyes of those teachers. It felt horrible! Here was the most important day in my life and I was on the verge of mucking all of it up. And these jerks were just gonna sit there throwing their disapproving stares at me, as they gave me a hooves down.

After straining myself for several minutes I had just about given up. I gave the egg one last heave of my horn’s magic. Then there was an explosion. After a brief moment I felt something rack my whole body. It felt intense, like all of my magic was exiting my body at one time. Everything went white. I felt… I felt… Powerful, for the first time in my life. Not only that, but it was pleasure, pure complete pleasure, completely different from the straining sensation I got when trying to cast spells. The whole experience seemed so… wrong, but yet it felt so good.

I don’t know how long this surge of power lasted, but I was snapped out of it by a warm smile. I could feel her hoof on my back, I turned my head and there she was, her lips curved into the maternal looking smile she was famous for. It was as if her very presence was enough to ebb away the blinding whiteness that had taken over my vision.

I could barely take my eyes off my princess she was so welcoming and so beautiful. But what I done had felt so wrong, I felt ashamed. And felt as if she knew I had done something wrong.

I had been about to apologize for destroying the room, but she cut me off.

“Twilight sparkle,” she began “you have a very special gift.”

A compliment paid by Princes Celestia herself. My jaw dropped.

She continued, “I don’t think I’ve ever come across a unicorn with your raw abilities…”

“Wha huh.” I didn’t know how to respond. I was in awe.

Again she continued, “…but you need to learn to tame these abilities through focused study.”

“HUH!” my mouth went even wider in awe.

“Twilight Sparkle, I’d like to make you my own personal protégé.”

I lost it, my whole life I had dreamed of something similar to this. She was my idol. I adored her. I worshipped her.

“YES!” I screamed not able to hide any of my excitement.

That day had changed my life.

***

Spike approached me with another letter from the princess. This was the second letter she’d sent me this week. Even after these long few years, I still loved getting letters from her. Even though I was usually the one sending her my findings on friendship, every once and a while she would update me on how things were going.

Earlier this week, she had sent me a letter questioning my progress in my studies of my element. She asked if I was confident in using it without being around the rest of my best friends.

She hadn’t checked on the progress of that in a while so I found it a bit strange. I gave it some thought and decided that I was, so I had Spike send a letter back to her telling her just that.

Then I received the second letter. She wanted me to come, immediately, to her lab in Canterlot. Another great honor to befall me, I prided myself knowing that the Princess trusted me with things she didn’t even trust her sister to do.

I thanked spike for handing me her message then I braced for teleportation. I hurled my self through the familiar time vortex that I created whenever I cast the warp spell. In only a few seconds, I saw Celestia’s lab waver into view. My beloved tutor was standing there in front of me waiting. Once she saw that I had arrived she put on her motherly smile. Seeing that smile made my heart swell with joy. Oh my Princess, my kind Princess.

We exchanged a few welcoming words than she led me deeper into her lab. We came to a large part of the building I had never been to before. This part of the lab, to be honest, was kinda creepy. Everything was blank white with white-lit stones lining the ceiling. The whole layout of the area was set up in long narrow hallways, with small test rooms on the sides. Most of the test rooms had glass windows that faced us as we strolled towards the end of the corridor. Looking in some of the rooms I could see what looked like large animal cages, all of which were empty. In the middle of other rooms there appeared to be hospital beds except they had constraints fastened to them. All I could do was think about what went on down here, and better yet what did my princess need of me here.

She took me to the end of a hallway, which had a large sliding metal door, hissing as it opened up. We went in and I stood in awe, gawking at the massive chamber, easily the size of three or four of the apple family’s barns.

Princess told me that this was the place where miracles happened. What did that mean, what was she doing here?

Then she asked me, not once, not twice, but three times if I trusted her. I was a little hurt by this. She knows that I would do anything for her. Do I really have to tell her that.

She took me to the center of the room and strapped me into a chair, which I did not protest. After all I did just say THREE TIMES that I trusted her. But still, what in the hay were we going to do in here. I smiled at her as she ran her hoof affectionately down my mane. Then she told me how proud of me she was, and my smile widened, heart swelling with joy again and I said thank you to her.

I tried asking her what was going on but before I could finish she cut me off and told me to trust her again. She then left me there, entering another room, which I presumed was an observation room or maybe control deck.

After a few moments, I heard her voice, which seemed to crackle throughout the room, telling me to look up at a strange metal rod that hung above me, protruding out of the high ceiling, coming all the way down to be just barely out of my reach. She told me to cast my magic, as much of it as possible, at that rod when she said ‘now.’

I tried one last time to ask Celestia what we were doing.

There was a short pause, than she said something that I didn’t quite catch.

“You… out to… god.” I was going to ask her what she said but then she quickly followed it up with, “NOW!”

I pointed my horn at the metal rod and let flow my magic. Strangely there was no sound caused by any of the machines or release of magic. I pushed harder and harder. It was easier than I expected, almost as if the rod was sucking up on my horn. It felt like I was being drained of my life, but it didn’t hurt and for some reason it almost was relaxing...

Then, as suddenly as it began, the process reversed itself, sending the magical energy back into my horn. It was ecstasy. For minutes, my body exploded with pleasure, a pleasure I had only felt once before. It seemed like it would never end. And I didn’t want it to. Until the pleasure slowly started changing into something else, something… hostile. No. No, no, no it was pain. It started in my forehead. Quickly it spread through to the rest of my body. It burned. Everything burned. The amount of pleasure I had been feeling a moment ago had been surpassed only by the searing pain that now replaced it.

My mouth opened. I think I screamed. I couldn’t tell. All I could do was try not to think of the words ‘searing’ and ‘flesh.’

The restraints holding me down must have broke as I felt myself being hoisted towards the rod. Up and up I went, hoisted by the magical force now blinding my vision with pure white magical light. I reached the tip of the rod and…

And then nothing, I felt nothing. The light slowly faded away and I was left suspended in the air. I heard the door Celestia had entered burst open. I managed to crane my head in the direction to see Celestia walking towards the chair I had been in. Then she picked up her pace until she was in full tilt. She was saying something… no she was screaming something… Twilight, she, she was screaming my name. As she drew closer to the chair, not bothering to look up at me, I saw her face. She looked terrified.

“TWILIGHT,” She screamed over and over. “NO… NO DAMMIT NO, TWILIGHT!!!!!!”

I watched in horror as she slid the rest of the few feet to the chair, the chair that my body was still in.

I had no idea what in the hay happened. I could see what was happening but I didn’t want to accept it. I didn’t know what it was. My body in the chair looked quite literally like the life had been sucked out its mouth and eyes. My mouth unhinged at the jaw to be sickeningly wide open. My eyes were blank white, no trace of life to be found anywhere in them. My body lay there, motionless, not even breathing.

But I was here, floating above myself, and the rest of the room.

I watched as my poor Princess wailed over my lifeless corpse.

“Wake up damn you,” she pounded on my chest, “I’m sorry, just wake up, I promise you… I PROMISE YOU I will NEVER ask you for anything again!” her words became less and less intelligible as she lost herself in the moment. Her horn started glowing, and she encased my dead body in a healing spell, causing my limbs to twitch. She tried so hard with the spell but to no avail. I was dead. It was her fault.

And then I called out to her, “Princess, can’t you see, I’m right here, right above you?!” I kept trying to get her attention, but she just couldn't hear me.

I hear a voice come from somewhere near me, startling me. I jerk my head towards the sound seeing a most peculiar image.

“She can’t hear you.” the entity spoke, its voice was deep and booming. Strangely I couldn’t open my mouth anymore, I couldn’t say anything. It continued on and I listened

“No one can hear you, even I can’t here you, as you are dead. Its almost curious how you managed reach this state of being though. You must have had quite a lot of magic in that head of yours. Well I guess now’s the time to start it. Prepare for convergence.” The last few words sounded ominous.

The image exploded into a phantom of black light sending my floating body hurling towards Celestia who didn’t seem to notice anything. I crashed into her with force. I was sucked into her. She went stiff as my projection stuffed itself inside of her body. She couldn’t seem to handle the cramped space and she passed out still laying over my dead body. As she passed out so did I.