• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,407 Views, 79 Comments

Twilight, Mare of Power - Banops



Finally a way to end all of Celestia's problems.

  • ...
6
 79
 2,407

Celestia's Conflict Pt 2

I showed up at the Ponyville Police Department flanked by half a dozen of my royal bodyguards. I was a disaster. My mane had become frazzled, trails of crusty dry blood lined down both sides of my head, and down around the corners of my mouth, proof that my nose and ears had been bleeding, and my entire face looked infected. It had swollen like a balloon. One eye had completely swollen shut, while the other was pushed up to where just a sliver of my eye was exposed. The weight of my enlarged head was causing my neck to be sore. Having Twilight in my head was really taking its toll on me. But I didn’t have time to look presentable (I hadn’t even worn my royal crown.) I needed to find Twilight’s body as soon as I could. At least none of these ponies would have the courage to ask me what was wrong with my face…

As I entered the building, everypony quickly shot up in attention and the building fell silent. Ponies all around the building knelt out of respect, trying to keep their head as close to the ground as they could. I made my way to a brown-coated, red curly-maned secretary who didn’t seem to notice that I had entered. She was buried in paperwork and when my bodyguards and I made our way over towards her, she waved a hoof in the air, not bothering to look up. “How may I help you?” she said in an unenthusiastic voice. She was oblivious to the attentiveness of everypony around her.

I cleared my throat to get her attention. I didn’t want to make a big deal about my arrival even though every other pony already had. She didn’t seem to hear me clear my throat, so I decided to voice my problem.

“Excuse me, ma’am, I am here to see Twilight Sparkle.” After the hearing the name Twilight Sparkle, she dropped what paperwork she had been in the middle of completing and looked up. The shock of being so close to me and not showing respect nearly knocked her out of her chair. She scrambled around trying to bow her head before me as quick as she could.

“Of course my princess, right this way my princess!” She spat out, getting up from her over exaggerated display of submission.

She led us to a set of office rooms where we were left to a maneless, yellow-coated pegasus who I presumed was the chief of the Ponyville Police Department. When he first saw me, I noticed, he looked a little surprised, probably because of the way my face looked, but he gave me a quick bow and motioned for us to follow him. He took us, in silence, to another part of the building where there were several rows of holding cells. Once there, I turned and told my bodyguards to wait for me outside the cell. I entered the cell alone.

Here I was, face to face with the hell-spawn that was at the root of all my problems. The monster that used to be Twilight looked almost as beat up as I did. Twilight’s body had a dirty mane and tail and unwashed coat. The face was covered in nicks and bruises. It… looked defeated.

We stood here in this holding cell. The particular holding cell we were in was completely sealed off from the outside, a heavy metal door covering its entrance. The room was windowless, featureless, unfurnished, and the walls and floor were made of a gray seedy, clay material that left residue on my hooves. It was supposed to deter the use of magic somehow. Not that it would be much use against a being as intense as Lucy, which is why I took precautions. I had the entire cell encased in a warp barrier, which would hopefully force this thing to stay in here with me.

With me… Just me and it… Nopony else in the cell. Nopony could come help me if things went south…

I shifted nervously in place, not daring to take my eyes off Twilight’s possessed body. I feared that at any moment she would materialize right in front of me, and… well… kill me in some disturbing display of power. Maybe it would use those black tentacles and rip me in half. Maybe it would simply just hoist me into the air with its reddish magic and snap my spine. Maybe it would cause my body to burst open with its demon powers…

I started to get lost in all the horrible ways this thing could end me. But even through the morbid fascination with death that I had all of a sudden found, there still was the voice of Twilight Sparkle shining through everything.

How could I forget about where she really was? She was in my head, filling it with more than thoughts and feelings. She filled it with torture. I prided myself in having an unusually high pain tolerance, but let me tell you, this was easily the most pain I had ever been in. The pain had only increased as time went on too. It didn’t show any signs of retreat and at one point I even considered letting the purple pony demon kill me, just to end the pain, but I guess I didn’t deserve the easy way out. I was on painkillers, which helped me deal with a small amount of the pain, but only just enough for me to focus on what I was doing. I hoped twilight couldn’t feel the pain.

But yes, through the pain I could hear Twilight’s voice. She reminded me what I was here for.

So I opened my mouth, not really sure what to say. I ended up saying the first thing to cross my mind, which was in keeping with my sudden fascination with death.

“Why haven’t you killed me yet?” I asked after staring down Lucy for sometime in silence. “And for that matter, why are you letting us keep you in this prison?” It didn’t respond, it just stared at me with its glazed eyes. Its look sent chills down my neck.

“Lucy, wasn’t it?” I asked rhetorically. It seemed more attentive now that I knew its name.

“Ah yes, the regal pony.” It spoke in its multi-layered voice, a voice of nightmares. The sound of its voice didn’t even come from its mouth but rather the air around it. That being said, it spoke casually, “I had a feeling we would meet again sooner or later, sooner rather than later by the looks of it. Based on all this power flowing around this room and the number of guards you have set up outside, I assume you must be very important in your society.”

She could sense the guards?

I nodded my head, trying to maintain an air of authority. “Yes,” I responded, “I am Princess Celestia. I rule these ponies. I am their leader.”

“Yes well, I guess I could kill you and make my escape if I wanted, couldn’t I. But that would be a waste of my power.” It said.

I swallowed nervously. This monster just told me that at any time she could kill me. I wasn’t even offended to hear that I would be a waste of its power.

Again, I heard the voice of Twilight, but this time instead of just listening to her, I found myself actually voicing her thoughts. This scared me because I realized that it hadn’t been my conscious decision to say the next words that came out of my mouth.

“I want my body back.” I put a hoof over my mouth. I kept staring at the mare in front of me, afraid that what I had said had offended it in some way.

Lucy spoke, sounding interested in what I had just said, “Your body? Hmmm. Let me ask you something?” I nodded my head. Of course I wasn’t going to say no. “Does it seem like you have a second conscience?”

“Y-yes” I said nodding slowly.

I saw Twilight’s… er Lucy’s otherwise blank expression change. A creepy, soulless smile twitched into place until her entire face was grinning from ear to ear.

Lucy’s voice sounded, albeit quietly to itself, “Of all the lucky breaks…” then it spoke up, talking to me. “So it is safe to assume you need something that only I can give you. You need to get rid of this other conscience, am I correct?”

I stared at Lucy for a few seconds, lost in what it had said. Then I shook my head and spoke, “Oh… y-yes. I mean no…” for some reason I had trouble finding the right words to say, “Twilight needs her body back.” I finally managed

“Yes of course.” Lucy mused, not breaking the insane smile. Lucy began to pace around the room. “Well then it looks like we can help each other.”

I hadn’t expected this. I absently checked over my shoulder to see if there was anypony else in the room who could hear what was being said. When I turned my head back around, I was startled to see that Lucy was now standing right in front of me, its blank white eyes staring me down intensely.

“Help each other?” I asked. The notion seemed insane. Why would I help the same pony that said it would try to kill everypony I ruled? And what could somepony of that power need of me?

“Indeed. You see, Celestia, I have run into my own problems since I have been here. You may find it hard to believe, but I have been growing weaker since I’ve been here.” Lucy explained. The more it explained, the less it felt like my enemy and the more it felt like somepony who I could work with. Even though what Lucy said had massive implications about hurting my people, it spoke as if I could trust in what was said.

Lucy started pacing around the room again and continued to explain. “Now normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but since I have been unable to consume any of your people…” Maybe I should have been more surprised to hear that she consumed ponies but by now I really wasn’t. “…I have come to the realization that I may die soon.” Lucy reached the center of the room while it was pacing and stopped. It turned and faced me, the maniacal grin replaced with another expressionless stare. “This is where you come in. I need you to help me find a way to feed. If you do that, then you get your body back, and I will even leave your race alone. How does that sound?”

Then twilight spoke through me. Apparently, she detested this abomination more than I did. “Tell us why we shouldn’t just let you die off and figure the rest out for ourselves.” I was again afraid that Lucy would become irritated and strike me down.

Lucy spoke again, the evil smile returning on its face. “I assume that was the second consciousness speaking. Allow me to sweeten the deal a bit then for you.” It said coldly. “If I die, your body will be destroyed. Oh, still not good enough, well then let me point out that every moment you are crammed in your ruler’s head you are killing her.”

“What?” the question echoed through the room and our heads.

“Let me put it this way,” Lucy explained, “having more than one physical conscience is like inflating a balloon that’s already full. It may stretch a bit further, but when your consciousness has started to fully take over your precious ‘Princess Celestia’s’…” Lucy paused and bent its legs making it look like it was about to pounce at me, “POP!!!” it said, and teleported right in front of me, making me jump back a few feet, nearly crashing into the door behind me.

I felt the overwhelming sense of guilt rush over Twilight’s feelings. She felt like she was now responsible for putting me in danger. I had the same feeling; only I was concerned that I had been the one that had doomed us. We weren’t really left with many options. Looks like we would be working together now. Now to just get Lucy back to Canterlot.