• ...
5
 1
 1,105

Chapter 8: Sub-Zero

At the Soul Chamber, Sub-Zero has finished freezing two people who failed to defeat him. "It is a pity you could have not cooperated." He looked to see Cyrax walking towards him.

"You are ordered to return to the Lin Kuei temple for assimilation."

"Cyrax!" Sub-Zero said in shock.

"I am Lin Kuei Unit L-K-4-D-4. You will come with me."

"I am sorry for what they did to you... but I will not comply." Sub-Zero began to ice slide at Cyrax and put the hurt on him real good until he was beaten. Sub-Zero then said, "I will face the Lin Kuei when my task is done, not before." Cyrax then disappeared to reveal Sonya, Jax, Rarity, Pinkie, Twilight, Spike, Discord, and Starlight.

"The readings were getting stronger and now they're gone. I--" Sonya was surprised to see Sub-Zero. "Sub-Zero?! But... you're dead!"
Twilight was shocked. "That's impossible! We saw your skull and spine! How did you survive-?!"

"I am not the Sub-Zero you speak of." Sub-Zero explained. "He was my brother."

"Your... brother?" Sonya asked.

Pinkie was excited. "Ooh! Ooh! Was he single?"

"Sorry, Pinkie." Her smile turned into a frown. "I am only here to learn Sub-Zero's fate." His brother explained.

Sonya looked at Jax and said, "He was killed by someone named Scorpion."

"Where would I find him?"

"Try the Coliseum. That's where--" Sonya was interrupted by souls coming out of the mouth and they heard a voice.

"You have disturbed our regeneration process." the voice said. Ermac emerged out of the mouth.

"Ermac." Jax said, walking up to him, grabbing him by the throat. Before he could land a punch, Ermac used his other hand to telepathically grab Jax's right hand, spread his arms out, and released a strong amount of energy to rip both of Jax's arms off. Jax yelled from the pain, as Ermac pushed him to the ground.

"Oh my Celestia! This is not good." Spike was horrified to see this.

"Jax!" Sonya used her energy blaster to stop the bleeding. "Stay with me Jax!"

Ermac walked up to Sub-Zero and said, "We will break you as well."

"Not if I break you first." Sub-Zero stated before fighting. Ermac threw a soul ball at Sub-Zero, who jumped over it. He beat Ermac up when he was stuck in an ice puddle for most of the fight. When Ermac was defeated, Sub-Zero told him, "I remain whole, for now." He walked up to Sonya, who was trying to get in touch with her wrist communicator.

"Sonya Blade to Command. Sonya Blade to Command. Do you read?" No response. "Sonya Blade to Command. Do you read?"

"You have stopped the bleeding." Sub-Zero told her.

"Yeah, but he needs a medic as soon as possible."

"I must go to the Coliseum."

"But I need your help to-"

"There is a portal to the south. You can use it to transport yourselves back to Earthrealm."

"Mother f..." Sonya paused to stop herself from swearing in front of Spike. "That portal better be close..." Sonya went to take Jax to the portal.

Sub-Zero looked to Twilight and said, "Come with me to the Coliseum. We will meet the rest of your friends there."

"If you say so." Twilight began to follow Sub-Zero.

At the Coliseum, Kitana was fighting a wrestler, and Sub-Zero, Twilight and her friends walked forward. Twilight walked towards the rest of the ponies. Kitana defeated the wrestler as he said, "I have failed. I deserve death."

I have failed my father. You must kill me. Kitana thought of what she said earlier.

"Kill him!" Shao Kahn was growing impatient and released a green energy ray the the wrestler, killing him. "Kitana! You will join me." He said as a Tarkatan dragged the wrestler away.

"Shao Kahn! I challenge Scorpion, the murder of my brother! You will bring him before me! Right here and right now!" Sub-Zero demanded.

"No one makes demands of the emperor!" Shang told him. "Reptile!" The Zaterian walked to the fighting arena and growled.
Sub-Zero made an ice clone and Reptile froze when he hit it. When Reptile was defeated, Sub- Zero said, "I would kill you, but that is not my purpose here." Reptile got up. Sub-Zero began to speak, but before he could talk, Trixie teleported onto the arena.

"You think you can defeat the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do your worst!"
Sub-Zero said, "Your magic tricks don't scare me, Lulamoon." Sub-Zero fought Trixie until she was at half the health. The blue unicorn couldn't help but trap Sub-Zero in a magic box, only to escape and make an ice clone that Trixie hit to get frozen in place. Sub-Zero defeated her with an X-Ray and said, "Your magic tricks are totally cheap." He walked up to the emperor. "Your followers hold you in high esteem, warlord. They fight and die for your amusement. My brother participated in this folley. I do so only to face his killer!"

"And you shall." Shao Kahn told him. Quan Chi his hand into a fist, green magic appeared around it, and Scorpion appeared.

"What is this?" Scorpion asked. "You are not Sub-Zero!"

"I am his family and clan." Sub-Zero answered. "I fight for his honor."

"He HAD no honor! And you will die as he did!"

Scorpion and Sub-Zero had a sword fight, and Sub-Zero knocked Scorpion's sword out of his hand. Once the sword fight was finished, Sub-Zero emerged victorious and said, "For my brother!" Just as Sub-Zero was about to freeze him, an army of cyber Lin Kuei surrounded the winner. "No! You--"

Scorpion escaped, and Cyrax and Sektor appeared.

"Who now interrupts the emperor's tournament?" Shang questioned.

Smoke, Raiden, Johnny, Spike, and the ponies watched this. Smoke said, "Sub-Zero? No!"

"You cannot save him!" Raider said. "Stay here or they will take you as well."

"We request that we may return him to our temple for judgement." Sektor stated.

"And what do I gain from granting this bold request?" Shao Kahn wondered.

"The Lin Kuei's loyalty and service." Cyrax answered as they bowed.

"Very well. He is yours." Shao Kahn allowed it.

"The flow of time has been changed." Raiden told everyone. "I spared Smoke this fate, only to watch this new Sub-Zero fall."

"No! I will not be turned!" the blue ninja said before he was taken away.

"Kitana!" Shao Kahn called her daughter. "How is it that Earthrealm ninjas brazenly appear before me when my daughter, Princess of Outworld, was sent to intercept them?"

"Father, I--"

"Begone!" Kitana walked away. "Continue."

Raiden looked at Smoke, Johnny, Spike and the ponies and said, "Kitana's faith is a slender reed, bent before the storm. It can be uprooted altogether..." He began to leave the arena.

Johnny followed him. "Sure. Let's go ruin someone else's life."

Smoke was depressed about the loss of his friend. Twilight grabbed him with her magic and said, "Come on, Smoke!"